United Kingdom D-Addicts

speak whatever language you like here.
wingsky

Post by wingsky » Feb 1st, '06, 19:54

I never read the metro, usually see it on the train to work.

The daily mail is totally right-wing sensationalism... and i read it every day :P

nikoru

Post by nikoru » Feb 1st, '06, 22:47

my granny reads that everyday.

She thinks its all fact.

All that bullshit about cannabis drives me nuts.

strawb3rry

Post by strawb3rry » Feb 1st, '06, 22:50

just signed up! London here!

strawb3rry

Post by strawb3rry » Feb 1st, '06, 22:51

ok i did not see that xD wot bout cannabis now? =P

wingsky

Post by wingsky » Feb 1st, '06, 22:56

i was doin a crossword today and i needed help on this one clue... "under of influence of drugs (coll.)" i was like what the hell is this... and my boss, whos a 50 year old woman shouts out "STONED" haha was the funniest thing i ever heard i said "wow i didnt think that about you boss!" :thumright:

nikoru

Post by nikoru » Feb 1st, '06, 23:12

Daily Mail writes about Cannabis as though its the worst thing on this earth, after George Galloway.
Every week they publish the same bloody article with the sentences slightly rearranged. Whatever. They actually like Chantelle so obviously on a different wavelength.

Stoned, cained, mangled, wrecked, fucked, monged, high... I can think of loads off the top of my head...

Drugs are bad. Don't do them. (Thought I'd add that incase anyone thought I was promoting illegal substances)

Izuppi
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Izuppi » Feb 1st, '06, 23:27

nikoru wrote:Daily Mail writes about Cannabis as though its the worst thing on this earth, after George Galloway.
Every week they publish the same bloody article with the sentences slightly rearranged. Whatever. They actually like Chantelle so obviously on a different wavelength.
Oh no Chantelle please! :glare: One of my friends hates her and she texted to evict her but failed :goggle: hehehe
nikoru wrote:Stoned, cained, mangled, wrecked, fucked, monged, high... I can think of loads off the top of my head...

Drugs are bad. Don't do them. (Thought I'd add that incase anyone thought I was promoting illegal substances)
I totally agree with you nikoru :salut:

idiotboy

Post by idiotboy » Feb 2nd, '06, 12:48

those of you within spitting distance of the ICA in london might wish to know that they're showing a season of japanese films adapted from manga, under the auspices of the Japan Foundation, called Comic Proportions.

but then you should all already know this, cos the ICA is also currently screening a series of recent Korean films, as part of the Brilliant Korea season.

for those of us not lucky enough to be living in london, the Comic Proportions season is a touring exhibition - it's coming to the watershed in bristol in late february (yay!) - full details of the touring programme can be found at the Japan Foundation.

tee668w

Post by tee668w » Feb 7th, '06, 16:16

england will win the world cup this year,,

it`s the best chance we got anyway

Hanpan

Post by Hanpan » Feb 22nd, '06, 00:29

Signing myself up as a UK addict. I'm down in the south east in a horrible town called Maidenhead.

liongig680

Post by liongig680 » Mar 3rd, '06, 02:55

i got this news from NME.co.uk, http://www.nme.com/news/gorillaz/22353

Gorillaz team to revive Monkey
The band tackle a Chinese legend
Gorillaz are set to revive a Chinese literary classic at the Manchester International Festival in 2007.

The band have joined together with acrobats, martial arts performers and singers for a fresh interpretation of a Chinese legend - and also marks the first commission for next year's event.

'Monkey: Journey to the West' will be a brand new circus production and will receive its global premiere on June 28, 2007 in Manchester.

Set to a musical score by Damon Albarn and a visual setting designed by Jamie Hewlett - the Gorillaz mainmen - 'Monkey...' will also feature Shaolin Monks and singers from the Peking Opera.

Written and directed by Chinese theatre director, Chen Shi-Zheng, the production is based on the story of the Monkey King and is co-produced by Manchester International Festival, Théâtre du Châtelet Paris and Berliner Staatsoper den Linden.

A new version of 1980s cult TV show 'Monkey' is currently being broadcast in the east and is set to return to British screens later this year.

well i don't know how accurate this is but hey so perhap we will see itoh kun on channnel 4? (that's where the old monkey serie are shown isn't -_- ) i assume that it will be dubb in english like the old one mmm not sure how that will go down though. i'm not fan of these dub movie myself.

wingsky

Post by wingsky » Mar 4th, '06, 17:19

ahh i used to see monkey late nights on ch4, when i was at uni... but i relee hated it! was i the only one that found it horrible? >_< and of course they always dub the voices and make it worse than it already is! i remember when they used to show the jackie chan/jet li movies on bbc some weekends... they would always dub the voices and it would make me not want to watch them.

pe3kabo0

Post by pe3kabo0 » Mar 6th, '06, 12:38

idiotboy wrote: trust nothing you read in the Metro - it's published by the Daily Mail Group, after all. a more credible version of the story, from The Register: here.
some bits in the metro are good though, and its not all that bad

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Apr 6th, '06, 20:39

Such a scaringly depressive issue but I just got to vent this among my fellow British d-addicts.

---
The somewhat tragi-comical, sorry, make that Travesty for a social service system, continues.

I step outside my office, only to find a man laying on the street having a fit.
People step over or around his head, feet, arms and whatever not, pretending he does not exist.

Assuming of course with the common trend of behaviour, that anyone on the streat in convulsions must be either drunk or, homeless and thereby worthless, or both.

I grab my cell, once more calling 999, and pulling my straw to the stack of trying to care for a fellow human being in apparent and dire need of some medical attention.

The operator, as usual in the UK, asks me what the postal code is to the street I'm calling from, which in itself is a parody of service. What if the caller is a helpful traveler and has no clue what that would be. Asking everyone in panic what the local postal code is before placing a 999 call. Utterly stupid city/health care planning.

If I give them the street name, cornering street and it's number, they should bloody well know the postal code themselves.

Besides, calling from a cell phone, with the existing GPS tracking system, they can pinpoint my exact location on the air within a distance of less than 100 feet any time of the day anyway.

To make this even worse, the following question just blew my mind.

Did I not just state "Street Number, Street Name".

The questions was... "And where exactly on Street Name is that?"

Ahum.... I had to restrain myself form blurting out a "Are you f-ing stupid? Street Number" and kept it to, well hmmm "Street Number"

Is that hard to find? Are there more than "Nth Street Number on a single street? After all I'm on the third largest street in this country!"

Well so hmm. whatever you do, on travelling, dont come to this country if you have medical issues, or if you god forbid get mugged or something.

By the way, the old fellow who was on the street having a fit. It turned out he had epilepsy. Something worth considering the next time you look the other way, walking around in your usal neighborhood.

Help your neighbor. One day it might be you needing a hand.

Gozen

Post by Gozen » Apr 6th, '06, 21:01

Doesn't look like there's many of us! I'm on the south coast, West Sussex

lorelei

Post by lorelei » Apr 6th, '06, 21:17

hi all East Anglian here

Hanpan

Post by Hanpan » Apr 6th, '06, 21:59

lorelei wrote:hi all East Anglian here
I'll be moving to Norwich next month. Hurray for East anglia.

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » Apr 11th, '06, 19:56

^

hahahah.. EAST ANGLIANS.. me too!! from CAMBS... im filipino..but i grew up ere in the UK... hehehehe... how u guyz doin?

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Apr 11th, '06, 20:06

:cheers:

Ancient Brit over here in California. Still wave the flag.

Motto....NEVER GIVE UP!! (Churchill and me :-) )

One of these days I will be able to get a d/l window to appear again.... :scratch:

Peggy

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » Apr 11th, '06, 20:09

LOL! ei PEGGY

wut u doin n cali? moved there? heheheh... ur luki wit the weather then...missin british weather?

Hanpan

Post by Hanpan » Apr 12th, '06, 01:35

fairytwix wrote:^

hahahah.. EAST ANGLIANS.. me too!! from CAMBS... im filipino..but i grew up ere in the UK... hehehehe... how u guyz doin?
Cambs? Whats cambs? I am totally not from these parts so I don't know anywhere except Norwich!

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » Apr 12th, '06, 01:52

^ LOL

soree...CAMBRIDGE..were d uni is.. lol

Hanpan

Post by Hanpan » Apr 12th, '06, 02:05

Ohhhh Cambridge. Very nice. What are you doing awake at this hour anyway? Cambridge people are smart, get to sleep!

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » Apr 12th, '06, 02:17

ahahah.. omg..for sum reason..sum1 is deleting my posts!!!! ><"

im awake coz im talkin to sum peepz on a different timezone!!! hahaha.. and im watchin goong.. lol

Hanpan

Post by Hanpan » Apr 12th, '06, 02:26

fairytwix wrote:ahahah.. omg..for sum reason..sum1 is deleting my posts!!!! ><"

im awake coz im talkin to sum peepz on a different timezone!!! hahaha.. and im watchin goong.. lol
Actually, your post magically appeared on page 1. How did you do that its pretty cool.

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » Apr 12th, '06, 02:35

LMAO! realii?? idk! lol.. ><" idk y dat happens..hahahah..proLi sumfink of an unknown power...lol.. aah..nwei..g2g..nytz! x0x

sudoku

Post by sudoku » Apr 12th, '06, 11:58

cow wrote:
sorry... wats "W1" or "1C1" pls???? :blink some sort of M15 code??? :scratch:

http://hometown.aol.com/RaceInspectorate/class.htm

-

saffy

Post by saffy » Apr 12th, '06, 15:52

techie wrote:
Help your neighbor. One day it might be you needing a hand.
I have to say, when my family's foster baby stopped breathing while my mum was out shopping (he's really premature), the supermarket first aiders got to her within a minute, and the ambulance was there within another 5. And just in case, luckyly my mum is also a trained nurse ahaha XD but all is not lost in the british emergency services!!

btw...
KAMI-ROBO EXPO 2006 is on now :P
http://www.ica.org.uk/index.cfm?articleid=14819
>_<;; ok so maybe that's not everyone's cup of tea!

leo008

Post by leo008 » Apr 12th, '06, 16:14

Hello people. Hows it goin?

@Saddy: Glad that worked out ok :-)

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 16th, '06, 20:19

HELLOOOOO EVERYONE

I JUST JOINED TODAY, I LOVE THIS SITE.

ISSY FROM LONDON

formula17

Post by formula17 » Apr 16th, '06, 20:26

Manchester here! Actually studying in Manchester, but i'm not originally from here. But since, i spend most of my years in England...So.....Anyway, i didn't know you brit watch korean or japanese drama! That's brill!

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » Apr 16th, '06, 20:41

lol!

im no brit....hahaha.. lets juz say i was born sumwer els..but grew up here! hahahah... so u in manchester uni?? wut course u doin??

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Apr 17th, '06, 00:08

For those still awake, Audition is on at 2:00am on the Sci-Fi Channel (102 on NTL)

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » Apr 17th, '06, 00:14

^

eeep....dat psycho film???

saffy

Post by saffy » Apr 20th, '06, 12:42

Personally I never liked Audition... the plot just didn't go anywhere for me. Or maybe it wasn't supposed to? o.O;;

Minna, would like some advice if anyone would care to give it. I want to change my internet provider, and I've been looking at a company called UK ONLINE.

http://www.ukonline.net/broadband/

Does anyone have any experience with them, as I would be interested to know how reliable they are. Also, if anyone has other recommendations for providers I would be greatly. I want a minimum 2mb connection btw.

formula17

Post by formula17 » Apr 20th, '06, 12:49

fairytwix wrote:lol!

im no brit....hahaha.. lets juz say i was born sumwer els..but grew up here! hahahah... so u in manchester uni?? wut course u doin??
Yeah...Doing chemical engineering =D

Horizon

Post by Horizon » Apr 20th, '06, 20:59

Wasn't there already a thread for this? i guess that one was a bit old heh

Well, South West London here.
saffy wrote:Minna, would like some advice if anyone would care to give it. I want to change my internet provider, and I've been looking at a company called UK ONLINE.

http://www.ukonline.net/broadband/

Does anyone have any experience with them, as I would be interested to know how reliable they are. Also, if anyone has other recommendations for providers I would be greatly. I want a minimum 2mb connection btw.
Well i haven't used them before, but if they're gonna charge you £24.99 a month for a 2mb connection like it says they wanna charge me they can stick it. If you're in a Telewest area then i say get Blueyonder/Telewest Broadband. You can get 4mb for that much and they have like 100% uptime. Right now i'm paying £35/m for 10mb. Pretty good deal...the upstream kinda sucks though, a measily 48 KB/s (384Kb/s).

Here's some reviews of UK Online I got from a quick look at google, doesn't look very good.
http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews89937.html

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » Apr 20th, '06, 23:15

formula17 wrote:

Yeah...Doing chemical engineering =D

oooh..dats cool!! ur brainy then eh? hahahah.. :whistling:

@Horizon lol...im not realii xur...hahahah...i juz saw this as well..and i tot to post sumfink..lol.. ^^

welcome btw! ^^

guyz..we need to liven this thread up a bit..lol..altho..i can understand d fact that we are all kinda bz..heheheh.. btw.. names eni1? unless ur comfy bein called by ur SN..hehehe... btw.. u guyz juz call me jo! ^^ yoroishiku ne!

Kayote

Post by Kayote » Apr 25th, '06, 10:45

South East London here. A bit too close to Peckham for comfort if you ask me.

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » Apr 25th, '06, 14:21

lol..wuts wrong wit peckham?

mulderlam

HI all

Post by mulderlam » Apr 26th, '06, 12:49

I am new here. I am in portsmouth, but i'm not brit. KAKA.. just really surprise that you are from brit and like jap drama or tv programs. I really like the tv programs and drama from japan. It spends a lot of my lonely time here. ^.^

JC

Post by JC » Apr 26th, '06, 23:26

London!! :D

Who said they're too near to Peckham? :lol I know there.

ItohMisaki's_FAN

Post by ItohMisaki's_FAN » Apr 28th, '06, 20:53

Hi everybody! I'm new here and I'm from SW London!!! Brixton Actually

slush_puppi

Post by slush_puppi » Apr 28th, '06, 21:13

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie here :lol And I'm from Scotland, wow never knew there would be so mani ppl from uk here :w00t:

Zulfi

Post by Zulfi » May 14th, '06, 22:17

Hiya!

Thought I'd say something! I'm in London! born here :) tho my parents weren't. I dunno if it's still relevant, but I just signed up to 'Be' the ISP, I pay for the 24Mbit deal... I get 16Mb download, and 1.3Mbit upload... yay :)

beer

Post by beer » May 14th, '06, 22:37

fairytwix wrote:
formula17 wrote:
guyz..we need to liven this thread up a bit..lol..altho..i can understand d fact that we are all kinda bz..heheheh.. btw.. names eni1? unless ur comfy bein called by ur SN..hehehe... btw.. u guyz juz call me jo! ^^ yoroishiku ne!
Hmm, I see the Brits have a thread as well, where they can talk their secret language. :blink

Spadge

Post by Spadge » May 14th, '06, 22:46

We do it to confuse Johnny Foreigner.

You know, like measuring stuff in Furlongs Firkins and Fortnights, and using -ough to cover about 5 different pronunciations of stough.

:D

wujou_mao

Post by wujou_mao » May 16th, '06, 12:58

Lowest wrote:This thread is going to be huge :lol
well no. the arab thread seems to be some 280 pages and it was started early 2006. and yea, im from blightly too, but currently backpacking in korea at the mo
lorelei wrote:hi all East Anglian here
where about in East Anglia? i live peterborough way

wildstriker

Post by wildstriker » May 16th, '06, 13:14

i'm in glasgow

Lowest

Post by Lowest » May 16th, '06, 13:23

wujou_mao wrote:
Lowest wrote:This thread is going to be huge :lol
well no. the arab thread seems to be some 280 pages and it was started early 2006. and yea, im from blightly too, but currently backpacking in korea at the mo
(it was sarcasm) :D

Zulfi

Post by Zulfi » May 16th, '06, 22:24

hey ping pong is a really funny film :) that guy went a bit bonkers or something didn't he?

Zulfi

Post by Zulfi » May 17th, '06, 18:39

COME ON U REDS!

So who's gonna win?

Zulfi

Post by Zulfi » May 17th, '06, 20:43

yeah well...borrox

wildstriker

Post by wildstriker » May 19th, '06, 22:11

anyone in glasgow?

deathviasatellite

Post by deathviasatellite » May 19th, '06, 22:28

i'm from the uk... i live in warrington (nw, between liverpool and manchester). its erm, fun here

Lowest

Post by Lowest » May 19th, '06, 23:01

Zulfi wrote:hey ping pong is a really funny film :) that guy went a bit bonkers or something didn't he?
I think he was always a bit nuts :lol

By the way people in the UK, London is having it's korean film festival from May 22nd - 26th so if you're about get down there and watch some movies! and the best thing is it's free!

Movies
RULES OF DATING
MURDER TAKE ONE
ALL FOR LOVE
MY SCARY GIRL
SEE YOU AFTER SCHOOL
THE ART OF FIGHTING
LOST IN LOVE
LOVE IS A CRAZY THING
PRINCESS AURORA

wildstriker

Post by wildstriker » May 20th, '06, 00:21

really!....man...i still got my exam during that time....hahaha...

wildstriker

Post by wildstriker » May 20th, '06, 03:45

hahaha....finally managed to get my avatar working... :salut:

Zulfi

Post by Zulfi » May 20th, '06, 17:38

thanks for the heads up on the korean festival, missed it before... hope I have time to get to central for it!

oh and re: the guy in ping pong, I heard he tried to jump off a building or something some time after that film.

aku-kitsune
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aku-kitsune » May 20th, '06, 23:36

Another from UK!
That festival is like the two days before a sociology exam!!! Whyyyyyyyy? These fun things are in exam season. Stupid people. Grrrr!
Meh, I'm not that much of a Korean drama fan anyway.

wingsky

Post by wingsky » Jun 18th, '06, 22:32

Man this thread is sitting all the way on page 2, need more Brits @ D-Addicts ¬_¬

Lowest, did you make it to the festival? How was it?

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » Jun 18th, '06, 22:46

lol..wingsky..ur brit?! me too!!! hahahah..british passport tho...lol.. ~ XD

wingsky

Post by wingsky » Jun 18th, '06, 23:01

British passport of course, otherwise you are illegal immigrant :lol I just finished a week holiday now i have to go back to work tomorrow... will I survive? :lol The weather was so nice this weekend hope it is some more like this...

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » Jun 18th, '06, 23:04

lol..oh ye..the weather was nice..gosh..reminds me of the tropics..hahaah..jkjk.. ~ XD hot mornings and cool evenings..hehehee..u had a weeks worth of holiday? did u take a holiday to watch footies? jkjk.. ^^ w/c part of UK u at btw? im in the anglian region..heheh..east anglia to be precise..

wingsky

Post by wingsky » Jun 18th, '06, 23:08

Of course week off to watch world cup :whistling: Actually I was lucky because I didn't realise until after I booked it :lol

The weather is nice but I leave the windows open at night and all the spiders can get in I really hate it but it's too nice to get a cool breeze on hot nights!

I'm at the south coast, near Brighton.. we get all the beaches :lol

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » Jun 18th, '06, 23:13

lol...i ac2alii dint realise it was the WC season too until i started seeing lots of flags..hahah.. i was too caught up in my own little world..dat i forgot..hahahaha.. ~ XD waaaah...luckii u..to be leavin near the beaches..agh..we onlii have hills and fields ere in east anglia..hahah..altho..wer close to london..hahaha.. ~ XD

wingsky

Post by wingsky » Jun 19th, '06, 22:27

The weather actually sucked today... It rained on my way to work, like misty rain? :lol and was so hot in the office = really stressed day today! Glad to be back in my bed....

Everyone gotta get up and into work early... so we can leave earlier and watch the big match!!! :thumleft: Gooo ENGLAND!

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » Jun 19th, '06, 22:34

hehehe..the weather here wasn't bad..its was sunny..but cool...lol.. i dun fink it rained either too..but..it got a bit dark in the afternoon..and looked as if it was about to..but..dint get thru..hehehe.. ~ XD

wingsky

Post by wingsky » Jun 19th, '06, 22:45

Man you are so lucky. I'm a type of person who likes it when it's hot & dry, and I don't mind it when its wet & cold.. but hot & wet... no thanks ¬_¬

but generally, i hate rain :( but i like showers more than baths.. wierd huh i think i need to move abroad, english weather don't do it for me :lol

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » Jun 19th, '06, 22:50

lol..talk bout english weather! hahahah.. iv been living here for 6 years now and im still not used to it! hahahaha.. ~ XD it rains when you don't have an umbrella...and its windy when ur wearing a skirt. hot when ur wearing a jacket..agh.. >.<"

wingsky

Post by wingsky » Jun 19th, '06, 23:11

As a guy.. the skirt thing doesn't apply to me :lol but the hair man.. the hair!! >_< I think UK is famous for the unpredictable weather.. I carry an umbrella with me nowadays even when they sky is blue... in england.. you never know when its going to rain! :)

I should get a car or something so I wouldn't have to worry abt the weather.. but its so expensive here! It's not fair compared to other countries where cars are cheap :(

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » Jun 20th, '06, 13:20

lol.. ~ XD the hair!! oi..it occurs to me too!! hahaha.. it takes me hours to fix my hair..and then WHOOOSH! goodbye nice hair! hahahah.. ~ XD altho i want to ave a car...i live in a town where its not even practical! hahaah.. ~ XD altho..i do carry an umbrella wit me all the time too!! hahah..u never kno..when u leave the house its bright and sunny..and then in the afternoon..it starts to rain..agh.. britsih weather is juz unpredictable..lol

pineaplle848

Post by pineaplle848 » Jun 21st, '06, 08:58

Aloha!

Fellow Brit here, accross the borders in Wales!
What is it we're attempting to do in this thread?
Are any of you guys also members of the British Born Chinese Site?

Our thread appears boring compared to other "identiy" threads...its all in english! -_-"

Nice to meet you all!

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » Jun 21st, '06, 16:37

lol...ye..it is kinda boring! hahaha..im havin more fun in the flipino and japanese thread..hahahah.. ~ XD but hey..its not all dat bad..nice to meetcha pineapple!! hehehe.. ~ i like ur SN! reminds me of the carribean!

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Jun 21st, '06, 16:40

wingsky wrote:Lowest, did you make it to the festival? How was it?
Unfortunately I didn't get to go. :-(