14%
Only if you have extra time
6%
STAY AWAY.
2%

Total votes: 266

maea_maie

Post by maea_maie » Oct 29th, '05, 11:27

finished the CDs juz in 3 days! I juz couldnt get enaf of d main characters becoz dy luk so cute together & m glad to hear dt they're now really together or been together or something... yey! havent watched type B but i would most probably have to search for it.

at first I really didn't like them, but while watching it in process, they start to become very likeable. sweet, romantic. funny, unpredictable, outrageous yet with moral.

I Like the grand father too because he's adorable. so is the 5 princesses.

the script is ok but poor girl, because she always seems to humiliate and embarass herself all the time. u'll hate and luv her in here.

mamsi2

Post by mamsi2 » Nov 8th, '05, 14:49

This is my all-time favorite K-series. All the characters are great. The team up of ldg and hjh is awesome. I'm not surprised to know they hjh and ldg develop a relationship behind the camera.I like the character of ldg, he has this great sense of loyalty.Although he did not marry for love but he showed loyalty to his wife by avoiding his ex.As what he said to his ex " I don't want to hurt my wife" Sooooo sweet :D :D

ladyfoxx

Post by ladyfoxx » Nov 17th, '05, 18:05

this is an amusing and really cute drama. the two main characters have a really good chemistry and it transcends (guess that's why they're dating each other). :lol

There are times when the main girl gets on my nerves because she's so childish. And her group of friends are pretty funny... reminds me of some people I know. :D I really like this drama and it's one of my favorites now.

apples

Post by apples » Nov 22nd, '05, 13:33

it's interesting how she turned from a childish brat into a wife.. especially when she found out about LDG's ex, she was very mature in dealing with that fact.

ebony

Post by ebony » Nov 24th, '05, 20:17

I wasn't too sure of this in the beginning and when i first started watching it, i couldn't really get into it but as it went on i really liked it and found it very light hearted to watch not your usual k-drama even though it's not one of my favourites i did really enjoy watching it.

maea_maie

Post by maea_maie » Nov 25th, '05, 11:54

at first I really didn't like them, but while watching it in process, they start to become very likeable. sweet, romantic. funny, unpredictable, outrageous yet with moral.

I Like the grand father too because he's adorable. so is the 5 princesses.

the script is ok but poor girl, because she always seems to humiliate and embarass herself all the time. u'll hate and luv her in here.

this is my first introduction with lee Dong Gun and since then, i got really interested with him.

amour

Post by amour » Nov 27th, '05, 02:38

see it
it's a very funny drama
i enjoyed watching it

ccha7

Post by ccha7 » Apr 17th, '06, 13:20

hey guys...i m just started to dl this drama.is worth watching rite???so keep seeding guys...

gem05

Post by gem05 » May 3rd, '06, 20:21

I'm only up to episode 2 so I do not know if this series improves but for now, Sweet 18 would get a rating of 6.5/10. My reason: the lead girl is not so likable in the first 2 episodes. She's the h.s. female equivalent of a punk and shamelessly pursues the lead guy. Furthermore, she's not that attractive (it's shallow, I know). Perhaps she'll become more mature and worthy in later episodes?

geraldine

Post by geraldine » Aug 27th, '06, 05:13

Useless observation - lee dong gun has lost a lot of weight since the days of Friends and Sweet 18. In the more recent dramas such as stained glass and smile again, he looks much more slimmer and toner. In fact, may be he looks too thin in smile again (just my humble opinion) but neverthless he's one hella a good looker. sooo cute... :wub:

applekat

Post by applekat » Sep 7th, '06, 17:35

I love this show... thought i had run out of kdramas and then when i found out abt this i was sooo happy. well im not even halfway through yet but i love this show. why would any kdrama person not love this??? its just as good as the others with a slightly cheesy but CUTE plot. i just love the main characters

vt4lifecuf

Post by vt4lifecuf » Sep 7th, '06, 18:50

i like this movie and i would definitly see it again :)

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Sep 24th, '06, 18:42

i just saw it.. and I didn't really like it.
I got tired of them after episode 8..
I thought LDH's character was pointless.
It lacked background music.
It gets boring after awhile.
There were funny moments.. but they weren't memorable.

Maybe if I saw this first before seeing the good ones (Full House, My Girl, LIP etc.) I would probably appreciate it more.. but I didn't really like this compared to those.
I didn't like the lead girl either
But it wasn't THAT BAD.. I've seen worse.
I say its between "only if you have time" and "probably shouldn't miss"

`nicole`

Post by `nicole` » Oct 31st, '06, 05:33

hmm.. i like it.
i think i finished the whole drama last year.
i love it. =)

edit : lol.. i mean last last week.
Last edited by `nicole` on Nov 1st, '06, 14:09, edited 1 time in total.

gougz

Post by gougz » Oct 31st, '06, 16:28

a MUST SEE one!
i love Han Ji Hye :wub: :wub:

daisylya

Post by daisylya » Nov 27th, '06, 17:29

hows da drama

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Dec 5th, '06, 01:11

[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/l ... to3887.jpg[/img]

Sweet 18 starts of with a bang! The first 4 or 5 episodes are incredibly funny with some genuine LOL moments. The funny stuff however soon becomes repetitive and you just end up with a giggle here or there for the remainder of the series.

The storyline is cliched, which is expected really, and you can't really hold that against a drama since it's more character driven. The characters themselves are likeable enough, especially Lee Dong Gun's, who was quite charming and funny throughout. Han Ji Hye's role was a kinda a cross between Song Hye Kyo's character in Full House and Lee Da Hae's in My Girl - Both of which were more endearing than Jung-Sook unfortunately. I just found her to be annoying after about 5 episodes to be honest, and found her crying to be unrealstic and emotionless.

I would also like to echo Iceberri's comments from dramawiki's review of this series that the pace of the last 2-3 episodes did slow down dramatically, and you just end up thinking to yourself "god, when is this gonna end?".

Overall though it wasn't bad, but it wasn't really good either. So I guess my vote is somewhere between 'Probably shouldn't miss it' and 'Only if you have time'. Sweet 18 doesn't hold a candle to Full House, Kim Sam Soon and My Girl, but if you can't get enough of those type of series that you can't really go wrong with this one.

joyousdan

Post by joyousdan » Dec 13th, '06, 20:04

Definitely SEE IT. I was laughing throughout the whole series. It's just hilarious... if you're filipino i say "MGA SIRA ANG KARACTERS" hehe enjoy!

Although I'm stuck at 46% on the last episode.. SOMEONE SEED PLEAZE!!!!

uluvlancelot

Post by uluvlancelot » Dec 29th, '06, 12:40

guys please continue to seed!! and my download has been stuck for 3 days already!! :cry: huhu...and want to hear a funny thing..one of the download is stuck at 99.9%

and for those who requires seeding...don't worry all my episodes that are already finished are seeding!!

Binaa2

Post by Binaa2 » Dec 29th, '06, 13:03

uluvlancelot wrote:guys please continue to seed!! and my download has been stuck for 3 days already!! :cry: huhu...and want to hear a funny thing..one of the download is stuck at 99.9%

and for those who requires seeding...don't worry all my episodes that are already finished are seeding!!
I will reseed the entire series when i come home tonight.

(MKV) version only though.

I.K

Post by I.K » Dec 29th, '06, 13:30

Binaa2 wrote:
uluvlancelot wrote:guys please continue to seed!! and my download has been stuck for 3 days already!! :cry: huhu...and want to hear a funny thing..one of the download is stuck at 99.9%

I will reseed the entire series when i come home tonight.

(MKV) version only though.
I hope ppl are willing to seed for a while cuz i'm soooooo close to goin over my dl limit :crazy: just need to last for a week and then i'll be goin crazy to try and finish off any series i've started hopefully b4 the net slows down 8)

thnx to the seeders in advance :salut:

Binaa2

Post by Binaa2 » Dec 30th, '06, 08:41

Im gonna pause a few of the episodes now that has a few seeders and prioritize
the ones with only me as seeder until tonight.

But dont worry i will continue seed the full series after that.

NBDuong

Post by NBDuong » Feb 14th, '07, 08:33

Anyone seed this series please, there are no seeder at the moment :(

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Feb 15th, '07, 07:37

does anyone know what happened to the 700MB release of sweet18.. :-( ?

RyuNoKami

Post by RyuNoKami » Feb 17th, '07, 18:34

i don't understand, what mkv files for the series? I dont see it on the tracker? And i know this is the wrong place to ask but can someone please reseed the whole series? Thank You.

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Jul 22nd, '07, 20:04

I voted probably shouldn't miss it...It's a pretty good and funny drama, but through the whole drama I thought very often: man, that's to much :| I mean the acting from her..
but both main actors have a good chemistry though, and I like the fact, that they're dating in real life, too...is it til now??*hope so ^-^ *
Ah yes, and I liked that magnet-guy, so sweet and funny.. but I found no info about him. who exactly is he? and did he play in other dramas/ movies?
Aaahhh, and Lee DaHe :blink wow... I'm so happy, that I watched her in My Girl first ^-^ cause in Sweet 18 her part is just freaking :crazy: :mrgreen:
Watched til ep. 13 so I'll go and watch the last few now :-)

Whoever has some infos about the Magnet-Guy: give it to me ^-^

jingana

Post by jingana » Jul 26th, '07, 04:29

hi I think it good.

dethos

Post by dethos » Sep 1st, '07, 18:48

need help ,can you seed the ep 12 thanks

itsukiD

Post by itsukiD » Sep 19th, '07, 04:01

my friend let me borrow this drama, but i noticed that dvd's that she gave me contained 20 episodes... i checked drama wiki and it shows 16 episodes. can anyone verify how this is possible?

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Sep 19th, '07, 10:00

You'll have this case with some other dramas too, itsukiD :-) For example with Devil Beside You. On the one hand you've the TV-Version and on the other hand you've got the DVD-Version. One version has *I think* 14 episodes and the other version hae 20 episodes.

itsukiD

Post by itsukiD » Sep 19th, '07, 15:54

i see... great i'll have to retime the subs i guess. thanks littledraci for clearing that up for me.

Sakuragari

Post by Sakuragari » Nov 18th, '07, 02:03

Can someone please seed this drama ep 12 and 13.. Me and other people here have been suck for almost 5 days already! Please, grately appreciated.

maakopla

Post by maakopla » Feb 4th, '08, 10:40

I just started watching this drama yesterday and finished up 7 episodes alredy^^ It's really cute though I kind of hate the main girl, she is so stupid. What does she want from life just living as a housewife not studying or anything, she's just loitering all day long. That's so annoying and I don't like her style either. But she is actually pretty and I like her voice. Han Ji hye is doing good job, she is just like a high school kid though her actions are of a 16 years old girl. I think 18 years old would act a bit more mature.

Ga-young is typical evil woman, being all nice in front of Hyuk-joon and showing her true nature only to enemies xD I like the actress, I also like grandpa. Lee Dong-gun looks really cute in the drama, he is also one of my favorite actors. Well I'm looking forward to teh ending.

Evange

Post by Evange » Feb 5th, '08, 09:42

One of the best on-screen couple!

maakopla

Post by maakopla » Feb 26th, '08, 09:09

At first I was addicted. I started watching this drama because of Lee Dong Gun but he disappointed me somehow. After 10 episodes I got bored, Hjyk Joon was boring, very plain and Jung Sook mostly annoying. I still hate her for her only dream being marrying a guy she loves. It's just so.. so frustrating as if she doesn't have anything else in her life. Wasn't she bored sitting all day long in the apartment?! Also in my opinion they got married a bit too fast I wanted to see a bit more love-hate relationship between them.

I also don't believe in the chemistry they had it was just too fake after all. What I liked about the drama was grandfather and the elders. I loved Lee Soon Jae's acting, he was really a true grandfather xD Also the drama had many funny scenes so it wasn't that pontless watching it but I think it would have been ok even if I hadn't seen it.

The ending was a bit sad
Grandpa's death was pictured very nicely I hate the director for making it so sad!
but it was a nice happy ending after all.

apithea

Post by apithea » Sep 26th, '09, 07:19

Love the drama so much. I don't know whether I get crazy or addicted, but I watch the drama 3 times, lol. I think it's so much better to watch a good drama over and over again than a drama that we dislike once.
The story is great.
I have no more to say that Go and watch this drama, I'm sure you won't regret it

Baruch Menachem

Post by Baruch Menachem » Sep 27th, '09, 02:16

It was a nice bit of froth. I really loved how the sister in law was such a total mood breaker all the time, preventing them from getting to know each other real real well..

It was a pretty happy story. I really think it is a sad fantasy. There is no way a real life guy would put up with that.

apithea

Post by apithea » Sep 28th, '09, 16:23

yeah perhaps, but still love the drama though. Just one thing that's really bugging me, how can they let the grandpa die, It would've been better if he stay alive.

Baruch Menachem

Post by Baruch Menachem » Sep 28th, '09, 16:28

I have been watching a lot of Korean drama lately. I have to think, despite the fact she is portrayed as kind of dim, she is the smartest Kdrama protagonist out there. She found a guy who had a good job, was painfully honest, good to his relations and grabbed on and held on for dear life. To many Kdramas have the girls going for such total jerkasses that you wonder if the girls were dropped on their heads or something. The worst offenders were in Sweet Inheritance and Sweet spy, but there are lots of others.

The three basic rules for a girl choosing a guy is
1) Never take a fixer upper. If he is a rude looser, there is no way you can make him better. He will only get worse
2)Never take a mama's boy
3) No, he will not love you tomorrow.

This guy was beyond perfect. She did well.

apithea

Post by apithea » Sep 29th, '09, 12:20

Yea, I guess you are right. And also the fact that he's actually loyal too. I mean he still choose her even though his old lover come back en make a move on him. That's also one good point of him, I think.

Baruch Menachem

Post by Baruch Menachem » Oct 1st, '09, 19:22

apithea wrote:Yea, I guess you are right. And also the fact that he's actually loyal too. I mean he still choose her even though his old lover come back en make a move on him. That's also one good point of him, I think.

I don't know if that is so much loyalty as basic intelligence. When Lucy von Pelt shows up with the football, the smart thing to do is run the other way.

One more plus for the girl.

amktsy

Post by amktsy » Oct 19th, '09, 06:10

i vote see it.
A nice drama.
But not to the extend of life-altering