Chinese D-Addicts

speak whatever language you like here.
gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Mar 15th, '06, 10:07

Calcifer wrote:
I looked up 张学友;只找到一个叫"给朋友"的歌. 我是知道一个歌叫"朋友" (a great song), 但是是另外一个歌手唱的...不知道你说的"朋友"是谁唱的?

A*mei; she's the Taiwanese princess singer, right? I think I've heard her before; a very nice voice.

For Chinese songs, I go to baidu.com mostly.

我刚刚在电视上听到一个挺感人的歌: anyone seen Jin Fen Shi Jia/金粉世家(Story of a Noble Family, I think is its English name)? I haven't yet, but the opening theme song is darn powerful. Not in your typical modern rock/radio-ish way, but it has awesome lyrics/melody. It's called 暗香.
Oops, I mixed up the "friends" songs in my head :doh: . The song I meant was sung by Emil Chow 周華健

Yipp, Amei is the Taiwanese princess singer with Tainwanese Aborigines Descents (Can I use the "Aborigines"here or is it only used for Australia?) So some of her songs are influenced by that fact . If you listen to the song "Katsu" you'll know what I mean.

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Mar 15th, '06, 14:36

我很喜欢张学友的 “真爱“,”情书“,"他来听我的演唱会“ :thumright: 。还有他的广东歌 ”还是觉得你最好“,“离开以后“ :-)

A-Mei 张惠妹 has solid vocals, her voice's amazingly powerful :blink Try her “听海”,“我无所谓” :-)

suschi87

Post by suschi87 » Mar 15th, '06, 14:40

hey, does anyone know, where i can watch uploaded chinese tvdramas ( except youtube.com) ?

thanx very much,
greetings from germany

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 16th, '06, 09:22

@Calcifer: thanks for making me feel better about my taste (even with my small collection.) and i haven't mentioned my background before, so there would have been no use in searching, so it's a good thing you were lazy. :roll i've probably dropped clues about it throughout my posts, though. i'm an ABC. are there any other ABCs in this thread? :-)

i didn't really know much about 張學友 until one of my friends lent me one of his old mandarin cds...the songs i like from that cd are: 我等到花兒也謝了, 吻別, 祝福, and 一千個傷心的理由. as for Amei, i agree with furelise that 聽海 is good. i also like 我可以抱你嗎. oh, and the song that you gave the link for...暗香, i like the melody.

@gixo: is the book that you mentioned an Anne Rice book? my friend was reading one once, and it was about this castrato. i read a little because i was curious (not a big Anne Rice fan), and that book was really disturbing, so i only got past a few pages. but it's left such a big impression on me that i still remember it so many years later. :crazy:

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Mar 16th, '06, 09:30

habukie wrote: @gixo: is the book that you mentioned an Anne Rice book? my friend was reading one once, and it was about this castrato. i read a little because i was curious (not a big Anne Rice fan), and that book was really disturbing, so i only got past a few pages. but it's left such a big impression on me that i still remember it so many years later. :crazy:
haha, not an Anne Rice book. I told you before that I wasn't sure about the English name :roll . The book I meant was written by Iny Lorentz Droemer and deals with a woman who disguises herself as a man and became a famous castrato. :mrgreen:

whisperss_57

Post by whisperss_57 » Mar 16th, '06, 19:17

hay anyone heard the song 成龍 sang for his movie myth? its soo good =)

huangziwei

Post by huangziwei » Mar 16th, '06, 19:28

yep... but the one he sang was ok... i prefer the chinese version with sun nan :P

whisperss_57

Post by whisperss_57 » Mar 16th, '06, 19:30

mm true.

btw, i'm stopping by the cd store today, anyone know a few cds i should buy?

edit:

i bought, jj lin, 王力宏, and landy.

all good =) im listening right now ^^

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Mar 17th, '06, 00:34

huangziwei wrote:yep... but the one he sang was ok... i prefer the chinese version with sun nan :P
yeah.. i totally love sun nan`s songs.. my dad and i love his singing =D i think he`s like the next liu huan :lol but then.. no one can be liu huan haha

huangziwei

Post by huangziwei » Mar 17th, '06, 00:46

whisperss_57:uuuhm... just making my suggestion here ^^ maybe hu yan bin?? i have a few songs of his new album... i love it :P and i loveee ljj's cd!! ^^ love all his songs, thats why i have all of his albums.. haha... leehom is also very ok ^^

P0KEYi only heard2 or 3 songs of his... but they're pretty ok... like his voice ^^

whisperss_57

Post by whisperss_57 » Mar 17th, '06, 01:22

huangziwei wrote:whisperss_57:uuuhm... just making my suggestion here ^^ maybe hu yan bin?? i have a few songs of his new album... i love it :P and i loveee ljj's cd!! ^^ love all his songs, thats why i have all of his albums.. haha... leehom is also very ok ^^

P0KEYi only heard2 or 3 songs of his... but they're pretty ok... like his voice ^^
hu yan bin.. o_O a pic please? ^^ or his chinese name? my pin yin is only so so XD

please and thanks =)

huangziwei

Post by huangziwei » Mar 17th, '06, 02:04

whisperss_57 wrote:
hu yan bin.. o_O a pic please? ^^ or his chinese name? my pin yin is only so so XD

please and thanks =)[/quote]

his chinese name is 胡彦斌... the cd is called 音樂密碼 ^^
i love the song: 愿望... :P
hope you'll like it too ^^

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Mar 17th, '06, 02:23

Yes yes, another Anson Hu Yan Bin fan!

huangziwei

Post by huangziwei » Mar 17th, '06, 16:18

haha... :lol u2 huh... love his songs!! ^^ such an angelic voice... :P

azntang89

hey

Post by azntang89 » Mar 17th, '06, 23:06

hey, i love chinese drama but have trouble downloading them since my computer cant read chinese

i really want to download twin knights (xiao yu er yu hua wu que) but dont noe where to download
if u noe, plz tell me

my aim is xazntang89
e-mail:azntang89@yahoo.com

thank you

huangziwei

Re: hey

Post by huangziwei » Mar 18th, '06, 22:39

azntang89 wrote:hey, i love chinese drama but have trouble downloading them since my computer cant read chinese

i really want to download twin knights (xiao yu er yu hua wu que) but dont noe where to download
if u noe, plz tell me

my aim is xazntang89
e-mail:azntang89@yahoo.com

thank you
download that serie from http://lib.verycd.com/2005/09/21/0000065817.html (cantonese) or http://lib.verycd.com/2005/05/04/0000049399.html (manderin)
but you need to download the program emule first.
this is the link: http://www.emule.org.cn/download/
click on the button and then its installed ^^
then you can go to the site and start dowload ^^ :P
if your computer cant read chinese... download "chinese star xp"
then your computer will be able to read chinese and you can type chinese... ^^

hope this is useful :-)

Yingzi

Post by Yingzi » Mar 29th, '06, 23:25

Ni hao!

haha, i've been writing in three different threads now, three different countries, xD

I'm half chinese, half thai, currently living in sweden ^^'

nice to meet u all! =3

AznAngel29

Post by AznAngel29 » Mar 29th, '06, 23:45

hey im chinese hi everybody :-)

i watch chinese drama but nowadays not really they dont have very good plot sometimes more into kdrama now

Hikari-Chan

Post by Hikari-Chan » Mar 30th, '06, 19:30

Ni Hao!
I'm half chinese, half spain,because I living in Spain (Por lo tanto se hablar Español) haha
My hobby is watch dramas,specially 'love dramas' and 'ancient dramas'

My favorites is....
JDrama
Summer Snow
Densha Otoko
Hana Yori Dango
KDrama
Hotelier
Love In Harvard
Full House
My Sassy Girl
C and T Drama
Chinese Paladin
Princess Pearl
Return of the condor heroes 2006
100% Senorita
Green Forest
Duke of Mount Deer
Meteor Garden
Mars
Poor Prince Taro
Le robe de Mariage des Cieux
Prince turned into frog
and more...

Finally...where I can find 'My sassy princess' and 'Pu Gon Yin ( Hu Ge)' with seeds?

Thank you very much!!

Atte:
Hi-Chan

malibring

Post by malibring » Mar 30th, '06, 19:55

i'm from china,i'm interested in korean things,especially korean drama,korean pop mucic,
i can speak a little korean,learn it by myself~ i want to make more friends all around the world~ especially korean~i want to learn korean well~~if anyone interested in chinese things,i very happy to tell you more~i can be your good friends~ we can talk by MSN, kayeun@msn.com ^-^

Paxpacis

Post by Paxpacis » Mar 30th, '06, 20:10

Nimen hao =)

I`m chinese too, but living in Norway. I like korean dramas, and taiwan dramas, I have only watched Hana Yori Dango from J- drama, enjoyed it so much! XD I love chinese movies, yesterday I watched "Seven Swords" and "Wu Ji", also known as "The Promise", very good movies. I really recommend them! If you are interested in downloading them, heres the link. (You need the torrent program)

Seven Swords:
http://ts.searching.com/torrent/451108/ ... _XviD_iMBT
The Promise:
http://ts.searching.com/torrent/522075/NTF_The_Promise

Oh, is there any F4 fans here? XD I loved Meteor Garden, the chinese Hana Yori Dango XD

Zai jian :)

Deleted User 44190

Post by Deleted User 44190 » Apr 1st, '06, 23:02

for me.. i still coudlnt find Hua Mu Lan mandarin series
and Pu Gone Ying (蒲公英).
Wo she me shi hou zhao dao Hua Mu Lan.

lirarn

Post by lirarn » Apr 2nd, '06, 07:38

Hello :)
I'm from Sweden but I'm currently learning Chinese, hoping to go to china as an exchange student in a few years.

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Apr 3rd, '06, 05:18

Hey 欢迎 to everyone who just joined us :D

lirarn: That's interestin that u are learning Chinese, how far along are u? 我很好奇为什么你想学中文?(what sparked off your interest in the language? :lol). well feel free to use this thread to practice your chinese!

大家有没有读过这篇新闻报道? 听说中国要举办一个reality TV show to pick the next kung fu idol.. it's gonna be a worldwide contest with audience voting.. well i thought it would be refreshing to see some jaw-dropping stunts and flying kicks instead of the usual singing :mrgreen:

r3dMuGeN

Post by r3dMuGeN » Apr 3rd, '06, 05:51

hi....im chinese so i came here to see wats happening.....

just to introduce myself.....i started watching k/j drama not a long time ago
started with full house and 1 liter of tears

as for cdrama i watch prolli most of wat i can dl....

lirarn

Post by lirarn » Apr 3rd, '06, 11:51

furelise wrote:lirarn: That's interestin that u are learning Chinese, how far along are u? 我很好奇为什么你想学中文?(what sparked off your interest in the language? :lol). well feel free to use this thread to practice your chinese!
Not too far along, I could only understand about half of that, since I only just started learning to read and write. Been studying (using pinyin) for about 6 months or so!
My interest in the language probably comes from practicing Wu Shu, you hear all these expressions in Chinese and want to learn what it all means, something like that :)

chineseduckling

Post by chineseduckling » Apr 16th, '06, 23:09

大家好! 我现在特别喜欢看韩剧和中国连续剧,可是大家可不可以个我一点提示。 现在那么多我都不知道看哪个。谢谢大家=)
translation: hey everyone! i love watchin korean and chinese dramas, but since there are soo many to chose from i would like some suggestions. im really thinkin about watchin more chinese dramas cuz then i wont need subtitles. yay, im really lost at which to watch, but im currently watchin it started with a kiss and so far soo good, i love it. thanx everyone. [ some stuff i said i didnt include in the chinese "version"

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Apr 17th, '06, 21:57

Hello, I need some help. I am currently trying to translate sth into English. Can someone of you English native speakers give me the correct term for this sentence?
是兩碼子事 This is a matter betweet two persons (would that be ok?)

Oh and how would you translate "jia you, 加油" I don't think an English term like "jia you" or "ganbatte" etc exists, does it?

Btw. I am watching Dae Jang Geum with Chinese dubs at the moment? Is it only me or is the Chinese for ancient dramas really harder to understand 'cause they are often using unusual terms?

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Apr 17th, '06, 22:03

gixo wrote:Hello, I need some help. I am currently trying to translate sth into English. Can someone of you English native speakers give me the correct term for this sentence?
Hmm..wish I could help you, I can speak english really well but I certainly can not speak/understand any chinese

O...I think I got what you're trying to say...if you are asking if the sentence "This is a matter betweet two persons" is ok then I can fix that :-) . Usually, the sentence would be like this "This is a matter between two people"
chineseduckling wrote:hey everyone! i love watchin korean and chinese dramas, but since there are soo many to chose from i would like some suggestions.m really thinkin about watchin more chinese dramas cuz then i wont need subtitles. yay, im really lost at which to watch, but im currently watchin it started with a kiss and so far soo good, i love it. thanx everyone.
Glad you like ISWAK, I like it too :wub: Well people who usually watch ISWAK have watched Devil Beside you, Love Contract, Mars, Meteor Garden just to name a few

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Apr 17th, '06, 22:19

OvertheRainbow wrote:
gixo wrote:Hello, I need some help. I am currently trying to translate sth into English. Can someone of you English native speakers give me the correct term for this sentence?
Hmm..wish I could help you, I can speak english really well but I certainly can not speak/understand any chinese

O...I think I got what you're trying to say...if you are asking if the sentence "This is a matter betweet two persons" is ok then I can fix that :-) . Usually, the sentence would be like this "This is a matter between two people"
thanks for help. Yeah, "people" definetely sounds better than "persons". I just wondered about this Chinese term. I know the meaning but wondered how other people would translate it.
What about "Jia you" can you say "go, go, go" if you are cheering for someone? Sounds stupid though

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Apr 18th, '06, 01:13

gixo wrote:
OvertheRainbow wrote:

thanks for help. Yeah, "people" definetely sounds better than "persons". I just wondered about this Chinese term. I know the meaning but wondered how other people would translate it.
What about "Jia you" can you say "go, go, go" if you are cheering for someone? Sounds stupid though
Hmmm...I'm usually ok with guessing at traditional Chinese but I make mistakes. Somehow "This is a matter betweet two persons" doesn't sound quite right translation-wise...unless "碼/码" is supposed to be a person. Context would help a lot, but I'm taking a guess that you're saying, "shi liang ma zi shi," as in you have two things or situations that aren't related, and you're saying something like, "They have nothing to do with each other". But I could be totally wrong since I'm not sure what your situation is.

Jia You...maybe try something like: "keep it up" or "good going" or "you can do it!"? Context would help here, too.

@chineseduckling: There're Mainland idol/modern series that are out too, as well as the Taiwan ones. They're all very enjoyable. :-) If you check sites like sina, it often has the latest series that're out.

chineseduckling

Post by chineseduckling » Apr 18th, '06, 01:15

我爱你。 i dunno. random thought. of course i do love everyone. =) you should feel loved. oh yes. you heard me.

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Apr 18th, '06, 02:08

Oh and how would you translate "jia you, 加油" I don't think an English term like "jia you" or "ganbatte" etc exists, does it?

Btw. I am watching Dae Jang Geum with Chinese dubs at the moment? Is it only me or is the Chinese for ancient dramas really harder to understand 'cause they are often using unusual terms?
yeah agree with calcifer there: "是兩碼子事" to me means "two things/matters that are totally unrelated".
"a matter btw two persons" would be somthing like "两个人之间的事"

as for "加油", you could also say something like "you go, girl!" or "all the best!" :D

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Apr 18th, '06, 07:47

Calcifer wrote:
gixo wrote:
OvertheRainbow wrote:
Hmmm...I'm usually ok with guessing at traditional Chinese but I make mistakes. Somehow "This is a matter betweet two persons" doesn't sound quite right translation-wise...unless "碼/码" is supposed to be a person. Context would help a lot, but I'm taking a guess that you're saying, "shi liang ma zi shi," as in you have two things or situations that aren't related, and you're saying something like, "They have nothing to do with each other". But I could be totally wrong since I'm not sure what your situation is.

Jia You...maybe try something like: "keep it up" or "good going" or "you can do it!"? Context would help here, too.
thanks for help. you are right with the "shiliang ma zi shi". 是两码子事. Actually here is the context that one girl and a boy are talking about the love of a different couple. and the boy keeps asking the girl about that love. Finally it comes to the end that the guy say that the girl don't believe in love but believes in a "love legend" etc. and then the girls say that the guy "官太多. 是两码子事" So actually the meaning "the have nothing to do with each other " would fit perfectly. I originally thought it was referring to the guy asking too much questions and that 码子 would´be the "码子" from girl friend. 她他是我的码子

Oh and the" jia you" context:
two little boys are fighting and everyone around them is shouting "jia you, jia you". In this context could it be translated "fight, fight, fight"?

@furelise
thank you as well for helping me out. translating stuff can be really tough :-(

I have some more questions. Sorry. :pray:
So hard to ranslate into English when it's not your native language.
恕不奉陪 I don't want to accompany you to pardon a mistake or I can't pardon a mistake
a girl wants to go shopping and her bf got annoyed and said 逛你的头 . Can I say "You and your shopping!"? 'cause if I translate it directly "shop/stroll your head" that sounds really weired.

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Apr 18th, '06, 09:34

gixo wrote: thank you as well for helping me out. translating stuff can be really tough :-(

恕不奉陪 I don't want to accomamny you to parodn a mistake or I can't pardon a mistake
a girl wants to go shopping and her bf got annoyed and say 逛你的头 . Can I say "You and your shopping!"? 'cause if I translate it directly "shop/stroll your head" that sounds really weired.
恕不奉陪 means "excuse me but i'm unable to accompany you" or "pardon me but i can't accompany you"

逛你的头 is a tricky one.. haha "shop, your head!" sounds cute actually :P just kidding, i think your translation is fine..

i know translating is really tedious... i hate having to pause -> switch to notepad -> type out the translation.. and repeat it over all again for every single line of dialogue XD i wish i have the script in front of me everytime :-(

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Apr 18th, '06, 09:49

furelise wrote:
gixo wrote: thank you as well for helping me out. translating stuff can be really tough :-(

恕不奉陪 I don't want to accomamny you to parodn a mistake or I can't pardon a mistake
a girl wants to go shopping and her bf got annoyed and say 逛你的头 . Can I say "You and your shopping!"? 'cause if I translate it directly "shop/stroll your head" that sounds really weired.
恕不奉陪 means "excuse me but i'm unable to accompany you" or "pardon me but i can't accompany you"

逛你的头 is a tricky one.. haha "shop, your head!" sounds cute actually :P just kidding, i think your translation is fine..

i know translating is really tedious... i hate having to pause -> switch to notepad -> type out the translation.. and repeat it over all again for every single line of dialogue XD i wish i have the script in front of me everytime :-(
Woah thanks. It's the first time that I try to translate sth. word by word and not only the meaning for friends. So hard sometimes to translate certain phrases which are so typically Chinese. And looking up words I don't know definetely is annoying. Do you mind if I ask you some more questions? Luckily I am nearly done with this episode 'cause it was quite easy but there are also some phrases which are so hard for me to translate into English.
By the way do you have an English name for the game "猜拳遊 ?" Is it "sissors, stone, paper" or sth?

PS: Haven't I told you that people are still waiting for the special? Haha, they really are going to love you to death of you finish it or want to kill you if you don't :wink: There are some pretty ill breds here on d-addicts. :glare:

lirarn

Post by lirarn » Apr 18th, '06, 10:54

gixo wrote:By the way do you have an English name for the game "猜拳遊 ?" Is it "sissors, stone, paper" or sth?
I think it's "rock, paper and scissors", but I don't know if we're talking about the same game :)

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Apr 18th, '06, 20:21

lirarn wrote:
gixo wrote:By the way do you have an English name for the game "猜拳遊 ?" Is it "sissors, stone, paper" or sth?
I think it's "rock, paper and scissors", but I don't know if we're talking about the same game :)
This might be the right term. The problem is I don't know for sure if "猜拳游戲" really means "rock, paper and scissors". The translation for each word is "guess, fist, swim, show". Not sure if it's the game I had in mind.

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Apr 19th, '06, 01:59

technically it's not the same game, since i notice they use two fists to play 猜拳.. i don't know of any english name for this game, but anyhow you could do a literal translation and call it "fists guessing game" if you want..

well my chinese isn't that fantastic either (accordin to my mom, it's gettin worse lol), so i'll usually look up the yahoo chinese dictionarywhich i find very good :wink: only thing is they accept traditional chinese.... which is bad for me.. but good for you :lol

p.s. hmm yeah i saw some rude posts directed at the timer but she's decided to take up the timing again, and i'll probably get down to the translation this weekend

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Apr 19th, '06, 10:02

furelise wrote:technically it's not the same game, since i notice they use two fists to play 猜拳.. i don't know of any english name for this game, but anyhow you could do a literal translation and call it "fists guessing game" if you want..
"fists guessing game"? ok, since I don't have a better idea for this game i hope it'll do. Isn't that the game when you say the number 0,5,10,15 or 20 and see how much fingers are shown by both persons?
well my chinese isn't that fantastic either (accordin to my mom, it's gettin worse lol), so i'll usually look up the yahoo chinese dictionarywhich i find very good :wink: only thing is they accept traditional chinese.... which is bad for me.. but good for you :lol

p.s. hmm yeah i saw some rude posts directed at the timer but she's decided to take up the timing again, and i'll probably get down to the translation this weekend
yeah, well according to my mom my Chinese is getting better and better but she sometimes wishes it wouldn't since I learnt so many "trash talk" by watching dramas :D So maybe my Chinese is getting worse, too :whistling: But I really think your Chinese is much better than if you can translate one episode in one weekend. I can finish most of the parts in some hours but the missing parts keeps me busy for several days just by looking things up in the dic. :glare:
you should do more KTV. This way you'll learn a lot of traditional Chinese. Let's see maybe I have the time to ul some songs this weekend. Any song you are dying to sing?[/quote]
Last edited by gixo on Apr 20th, '06, 21:54, edited 1 time in total.

smurfs

Post by smurfs » Apr 19th, '06, 11:07

i m Chinese:)

chineseduckling

Post by chineseduckling » Apr 20th, '06, 20:30

chinese people are way cool. go us.

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Apr 21st, '06, 03:07

gixo wrote: But I really think your Chinese is much better than if you can translate one episode in one weekend. I can finish most of the parts in some hours but the missing parts keeps me busy for several days just by looking things up in the dic. :glare:
the speed really depends on the particular episode, some just have more dialogue than others. and well for the special there's ALOT of dialogue going on.. just about every millisecond someone is saying something :blink so well last nite i spent half an hour translating only 7min.. arghh it's pathetically slow :doh:
gixo wrote: you should do more KTV. This way you'll learn a lot of traditional Chinese. Let's see maybe I have the time to ul some songs this weekend. Any song you are dying to sing?
oh i love KTV :D and i'm ok with reading traditional Chinese.. i get by with guessing some of the words... but writing traditional is a whole different story :roll

hmm any songs i'm dying to sing.. i'm really not updated with the latest songs :unsure: do u have any recommendations? :D

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Apr 21st, '06, 03:38

boniface wrote:Oh, talking about Hong Kong stuff, I used to love watching the police series they had.
When I was younger I used to get under blankets and watch the cases. I got so scared sometimes that I wouldn't get up to turn off the TV. I would pretend there's a murderer in my house :P But Hong Kong series can be really funny sometimes, they have a wicked sense of humor.

But now that I live in the States, I can only watch a few dramas, which is enough. But actually Chinese channels like to show a lot of Korean dramas! But that's fun too.
i couldn't agree more. their police series are very good back in the day and those cliffhangers are the killer for me. Yet, i do get scared. so when it's on, I will be watching intensively. Other days, I will be scared to think about it due to the scary stuff :blink :P :lol

btw i speak fluent chinese and so i guess that makes me chinese since i was born in china 8)

chineseduckling

Post by chineseduckling » Apr 22nd, '06, 02:58

大家好
twah, i just finished 《恶作剧之吻》, it started with a kiss and like OMG was it good. xiangqin was retarded most of the time, but zhishu was HOT and mean, but ill forgive him since he admited his love for her in the end anyway. i feel sorry for ah jin though. poor thing. i think im gonna watch love contract or maybe devil besides you next. dunno which one.

我好累,也和饿。只好等到明天早上吃饭了。行了,我说的一都说完了,现在呢,我打算听音乐和看几个韩国电影。真不知道在电脑上写中文会这么有趣。 真好玩!

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Apr 22nd, '06, 04:54

hi all! i'm back. i bet you all didn't even realize that i was gone. :-)

furelise, do my eyes deceive me? or is that a leehom avatar? :D which song is that from? and as for speed in translating, i think i'm probably the slowest. my chinese isn't that fluent, so i spend a lot of time picking up the dictionary and looking for phrases.

i love the idea of a having a translation thread for people who are trying to fansub. i don't know which forum to put it in, but i think it'd be a great resource for those who are trying to translate chinese. that way people can ask each other for advice in translating.

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Apr 22nd, '06, 06:27

habukie wrote:hi all! i'm back. i bet you all didn't even realize that i was gone. :-)

furelise, do my eyes deceive me? or is that a leehom avatar? :D which song is that from? and as for speed in translating, i think i'm probably the slowest. my chinese isn't that fluent, so i spend a lot of time picking up the dictionary and looking for phrases.

i love the idea of a having a translation thread for people who are trying to fansub. i don't know which forum to put it in, but i think it'd be a great resource for those who are trying to translate chinese. that way people can ask each other for advice in translating.
habukie! Welcome baack! I wondered where you went.. Good to see you back again *hugs* :lol

And no, your eyes aren't deceiving you.. that's him in my avatar :mrgreen: I made it out of his Kiss Goodbye MV... I saw it by chance and I love it :wub: You can watch it here on youtube:
it's from his Heroes of the Earth (蓋世英雄) album.

and check out this clip of him appearing on a TV show.. it's really funny when they blindfolded his fans and made them smell 3 guys to guess which one is lee hom lol:
lol i think i'm going crazy over him again, like 8 years after i first bought his 公轉自轉 album (omg it makes me feel old)

ps. that's a good idea. it'll be nice to have a chinese fansubbers thread where we can help each other with translation problems :D

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Apr 22nd, '06, 08:28

@habukie
welcome back. I totally love your idea about helping each other with translations. Then I don't have to spam this thread with my Chinese problems. And I think I might be slower than you when it comes to translating Chinese into English. I am a non native speaker so I sometimes also have to look up a German-English dic. That's annoying.

@furelise
Since you like Leehom would you like to have some KTVs of him? I have "Kiss goodnight", "big city, small town" , "simple song", "forever love" and some others. Tell me which one you want to have.
Oh by the way, you can direct dl a lot of KTVs from here

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Apr 22nd, '06, 16:01

chineseduckling wrote:大家好
twah, i just finished 《恶作剧之吻》, it started with a kiss and like OMG was it good. xiangqin was retarded most of the time, but zhishu was HOT and mean, but ill forgive him since he admited his love for her in the end anyway. i feel sorry for ah jin though. poor thing. i think im gonna watch love contract or maybe devil besides you next. dunno which one.

在电脑上写中文有什么好玩?我觉得比英文难多了哈哈。我们打好几个字母才有一个字, 但是他们有几个字母就成了一胡话。
but nevertheless, im glad to see there are chinese speaking d-addicts.com on this thread. our community is just getting bigger and bigger. good thing

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Apr 22nd, '06, 16:41

gixo wrote: @furelise
Since you like Leehom would you like to have some KTVs of him? I have "Kiss goodnight", "big city, small town" , "simple song", "forever love" and some others. Tell me which one you want to have.
gixo: oh yes, i would love to have his MV :D I've only "Kiss Goodbye" now.. would really like to see "big city, small love" and "forever love" for a start...:wub: besides those you mentioned, which other ones do you have? oh n could you upload it to any site except megaupload? for some reason i can't download anything from it :-(

and thanks for the link too, nice site :-) i finally found the dae jang geum theme song in there..

pwner4once: 是啊,写中文真的好慢。不过,有时会发现中文真的很妙,比如一句成语所能表达的意识 , 有时需要一堆很长的英文来解释 :-)

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Apr 22nd, '06, 16:43

furelise wrote:
gixo wrote: @furelise
gixo: oh yes, i would love to have his MV :D I've only "Kiss Goodbye" now.. would really like to see "big city, small love" and "forever love" for a start...:wub: besides those you mentioned, which other ones do you have? oh n could you upload it to any site except megaupload? for some reason i can't download anything from it :-(

and thanks for the link too, nice site :-) i finally found the dae jang geum theme song in there..
ok, going to ul them tonight. hope sendspace or ysi is ok.
Can you translate one more sentence for me please? It's the last sentence of this epsiode and then I am a done :cheers: Sick of watching it over and over again
那些利用工作刻意遗忘的记忆

Btw. I ul some KTVs and MVs to this thread a while ago.
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... 192#428192

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Apr 22nd, '06, 16:54

gixo wrote: ok, going to ul them tonight. hope sendspace or ysi is ok.
Can you translate one more sentence for me please? It's the last sentence of this epsiode and then I am a done :cheers: Sick of watching it over and over again
那些利用工作刻意遗忘的记忆
both work for me. thanks :-)

depending on the context, i would translate it as something like "Those memories that we try to forget by immersing ourselves in work"

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Apr 22nd, '06, 17:04

furelise wrote:
gixo wrote: ok, going to ul them tonight. hope sendspace or ysi is ok.
那些利用工作刻意遗忘的记忆
both work for me. thanks :-)

depending on the context, i would translate it as something like "Those memories that we try to forget by immersing ourselves in work"
Thanks :notworthy: Yay, that was the last phrase. :cheers: *jumping and dancing around . Ul big city, small town up to sendspace.

Edit: you got PM

Venomous Biedma

ni hao

Post by Venomous Biedma » Apr 24th, '06, 01:27

ni hao

I'm spanish boy, my name is Javi but my artistic name is Venomous Biedma...I like the chinese language...I like all the chinese culture. Sorry for my english, is poor. I want learn chinese, but little by little hehe.
my job is draw. my website with my pictures and my chinese pictures hehe is...http://www.venomous-biedma.com thank you xie xie..

kisses!!!!
Zai jian :-)

chineseduckling

Post by chineseduckling » Apr 24th, '06, 03:38

pwner4once wrote:

but nevertheless, im glad to see there are chinese speaking d-addicts.com on this thread. our community is just getting bigger and bigger. good thing
虽然大中文字是比较难,可是在你特别无聊的时候还满有趣的。难道?我很奇怪? 哈哈不可能。说真的,我打英文的时候比大中文快起吗有100倍。我想下载QQ 可是我不知道怎么下载, 帮帮这个可怜的小女孩=) 哎呀等不了,2008 北京奥林匹克!加油

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Apr 24th, '06, 03:52

@furelise: oh, i didn't realize that it was from his "kiss goodbye" MV. i actually have all the MVs from his recent album, as well as some from his previous albums. i just haven't had a chance to watch them yet. but since you mentioned it, i took a look at "kiss goodbye" and i was really distracted by all the use of the phone. it reminds me of his "fang kai ni de xin" video. all the blatant advertising for the phone is distracting, but they're still good MVs. :D

@gixo: ah, i see. yes, translating through another language would take a long time. you seem to be doing ok, though. it sounds like your project is going well. :-)

SleepyTiger

Post by SleepyTiger » Apr 24th, '06, 09:07

Hello!

I am kinda desperate and near suicide and I do not really know where to look for help, I hope this community can give me some advices. Even if you need to tell me that I am in the wrong forum :D

Does anyone know where to get bittorrents or whatever files for downloading of cantonese or mandarin dubbed korean TV dramas, such like "Hotelier", "Winter Sonata" or "My name is Kim Sam Soon". I cannot find them here. Only "Jewel in the Palae"

Please please please...I beg you

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Apr 24th, '06, 13:25

habukie wrote:@furelise: oh, i didn't realize that it was from his "kiss goodbye" MV. i actually have all the MVs from his recent album, as well as some from his previous albums. i just haven't had a chance to watch them yet. but since you mentioned it, i took a look at "kiss goodbye" and i was really distracted by all the use of the phone. it reminds me of his "fang kai ni de xin" video. all the blatant advertising for the phone is distracting, but they're still good MVs. :D
yeah i know. at times it almost feels like a phone ad. but can't really fault him for this. he's probably bound to the contract and has to come up with a script for the MV which incorporates the phone. thought it was pretty well done actually, considering he wrote & directed the whole thing himself :lol

mulderlam

Hi all

Post by mulderlam » Apr 26th, '06, 12:44

I am new here. I love all the tv programs from japan, hk and taiwan. I am strange that many foreigners are interested on these programs as well.

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Apr 27th, '06, 23:22

chineseduckling wrote:
pwner4once wrote:

虽然大中文字是比较难,可是在你特别无聊的时候还满有趣的。难道?我很奇怪? 哈哈不可能。说真的,我打英文的时候比大中文快起吗有100倍。我想下载QQ 可是我不知道怎么下载, 帮帮这个可怜的小女孩=) 哎呀等不了,2008 北京奥林匹克!加油
well i have to agree with some1's comment about how broad some chinese idioms are.
anyhow, 我已经有一段时间没有用过qq了!但是我从来没有喜欢过它。 在美国的系统上运作一点都不好。有时就不能显示,或者就很慢。但应该能在http://im.qq.com/下载的

speaking of which, how is everyone else doing?
Yesteryday, I had rather a stupid day. First, i got my internet upgraded. at night i was playing warcraft III frozen throne( online game). after a while, it was cut off by my dad because he told me im playing too much. but WTf?? i just got it upgraded and i dind't even ask for it. it's him who wanted to upgrade it for me. adults are weird...

yaya*

Post by yaya* » Apr 29th, '06, 03:22

ei anybody here can post the chinese char of "peng you" by emil chow..i 'm more comfortable reading chinse char than the modern letters...pls pls pls...

Zhe xie nian yi ge ren
Fong ye guo yu ye zou
You guo yu ye zou
Hai ji de jian chi shen me
Zhen ai guo zai hui tong
Hui ji mo hui hui shou
Zhong youmong zhong you ni zai xin zhong
Peng you yi shen yi qi zou
Na xie re zhi bu zhai you
Yi zu hua yi bei zhi
Yi shen ching yu bei zu
Peng you bu cheng gu tan gou
Yi shen peng you ni hui dong
Hai you shang hai you tong
Hai yao zou hai you wo

LYF7anatic

Post by LYF7anatic » Apr 29th, '06, 17:43

Just dropping by and showing some love to my Chinese D-Addicts community. :D

I'm currently watching Return of Condor Heroes 2006. Highly recommended. 8)

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Apr 29th, '06, 19:05

yaya* wrote:ei anybody here can post the chinese char of "peng you" by emil chow..i 'm more comfortable reading chinse char than the modern letters...pls pls pls...

Zhe xie nian yi ge ren
Fong ye guo yu ye zou
You guo yu ye zou
Hai ji de jian chi shen me
Zhen ai guo zai hui tong
Hui ji mo hui hui shou
Zhong youmong zhong you ni zai xin zhong
Peng you yi shen yi qi zou
Na xie re zhi bu zhai you
Yi zu hua yi bei zhi
Yi shen ching yu bei zu
Peng you bu cheng gu tan gou
Yi shen peng you ni hui dong
Hai you shang hai you tong
Hai yao zou hai you wo
Here you go. You didn't specify which type, so since I'm used to Simplified that's what I found...

Good song :thumleft:

朋友, by 周华健

这些年 一个人
风也过 雨也走
有过泪 有过错
还记得坚持甚麽
真爱过 才会懂
会寂寞 会回首
终有梦 终有你 在心中
朋友 一生一起走
那些日子 不再有
一句话 一辈子
一生情 一杯酒
朋友 不曾孤单过
一声朋友 你会懂
还有伤 还有痛
还要走 还有我

yaya*

Post by yaya* » Apr 30th, '06, 02:11

xie xie ni...

waaa...im new here

i'm from the philippines but i speak a bit of chinse and read coz my dad's a chinse nd iv been studyng in a chnse skul..my chinse is not that good though..

xandie here!

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » May 4th, '06, 20:28

Hello,
it's me again. Can someone help me with some translation again please? I already posted the sentences in another forum but these are the sentences which are left over. Help is very much appreciated. Thanks

她喜歡到高級餐廳享受用餐
從晶華到凱說 我從來沒有拒絕過
She likes to eat in high class restaurants.
from the best things (glittering flourish) to triumphant strains, I never rejected anything to her (right words but the meaning???)

她想要坐雙B的車
我日以繼夜
我非常 賺很多錢買一部實士
She wanted to sit in car B
From day to night
???? I earned money to buy her ( I don't get the meaning here)

一個陌生的地方
Is it better to say strange or unknown place?

老大這次嫌東西塞牙縫都不夠
Hey, the master (lao da) rejected/detested this stuff. It's not even enought to ???

xly

Post by xly » May 5th, '06, 14:06

gixo wrote: 一個陌生的地方
Is it better to say strange or unknown place?
i can't really read traditional and i'm not fluent in chinese, so i can only give my opinion to this one sentence.

IMO, it should be "an unknown place".
because 陌生人 means "a stranger" and not "a strange person". :-) good luck!

whisperss_57

Post by whisperss_57 » May 5th, '06, 20:25

haii just popping in to say hi =) hows it going everyonee =)

wo miss ni men XD < HORRAY FOR pinyin + english sentences =D >

PoiPoi

Post by PoiPoi » May 7th, '06, 07:55

whisperss_57 wrote:haii just popping in to say hi =) hows it going everyonee =)

wo miss ni men XD < HORRAY FOR pinyin + english sentences =D >
"wo miss ni men"... LOL XD wo bu ren shi ni, dan wo ye miss ni :P

yaya*

Post by yaya* » May 12th, '06, 03:20

ei there guys!we should keep this place aliv..ajiji..

maybe we should tell each oher's names or wat..

im sandy...

i dont really know how to write the new way of reading chinse char..

wo chiaw ting san-san...ni men chiaw she me ming tze?...did i got it right?

LYF

Post by LYF » May 14th, '06, 09:01

LYF7anatic wrote:Just dropping by and showing some love to my Chinese D-Addicts community. :D

I'm currently watching Return of Condor Heroes 2006. Highly recommended. 8)
hehe me too nice show

LYF

Post by LYF » May 14th, '06, 09:06

yaya* wrote:ei there guys!we should keep this place aliv..ajiji..

maybe we should tell each oher's names or wat..

im sandy...

i dont really know how to write the new way of reading chinse char..

wo chiaw ting san-san...ni men chiaw she me ming tze?...did i got it right?
i think it should be wo jiao ting san-san... ni men jiao she me ming zhi/zi ( sorry the last part i not very sure)

Raura1020

Post by Raura1020 » May 20th, '06, 00:03

Hi, I'm newbie from Taiwan. I think I can help gixo translate the article ^_^

她喜歡到高級餐廳享受用餐
從晶華到凱說 我從來沒有拒絕過
She likes to eat in high class restaurants.
from the best things (glittering flourish) to triumphant strains, I never rejected anything to her (right words but the meaning???)

晶華 & 凱悅 is very high class hotels in Taiwan, and their name in English is "Grand Formosa" and "Grand Hyatt". So the second sentense will be:
"from Grand Formosa and Grand Hyatt, and I've never rejected her."

她想要坐雙B的車
我日以繼夜
我非常 賺很多錢買一部實士
She wanted to sit in car B
From day to night
???? I earned money to buy her ( I don't get the meaning here)

雙B means Mercedes Benz and BMW, which are very expensive. The sentenses will be:
"She wanted to ride in a luxurious cars,
so I worked so hard, from day to night, to earn lots of money to buy her a Mercedes"

老大這次嫌東西塞牙縫都不夠
Hey, the master (lao da) rejected/detested this stuff. It's not even enought to ???

I think "Boss" suits the word "老大" more.
"The Boss rejected this stuff. It's not even enought to take it as a snack."
(Sorry, I don't know how to express 塞牙縫 precisely in English...)

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » May 20th, '06, 17:53

@Raura1020
hello, thanks for your help. The subs have already been released on monday with the people like you who were so nice to help me to translate these sentences. We translated the sentences like you except for Grand Formosa and the Grand Hyatt. haha, actually I 've already been to both places but never knew the Chinese names. :doh: So I just left the names and put (restaurants) in brackets.

You are from Taiwan? Cool, me too. Kind of. I guess you would call me a banana. 'cause my parents are from Taiwan so my appreanance is Taiwanese but I am grown up in Europe. I miss Taipeh, especially the night market. So many things to eat, yummy. Oh by the way, welcome to D-A

doink-chan
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » May 20th, '06, 23:56

你好, I'm doinkies. I don't know much Chinese myself, but I do like watching some TW-dramas, especially ones based off manga. ^^

Anyway, this question is probably really stupid, but how would "doink" and "doinkies" be transliterated in Mandarin Chinese? I'm kind of curious to know, since I'm always saying doink all the time. XD You can write it in Traditional and/or Simplified Chinese, with pinyin provided if possible...thanks ^^

LYF

Post by LYF » May 21st, '06, 01:09

doink-chan wrote:你好, I'm doinkies. I don't know much Chinese myself, but I do like watching some TW-dramas, especially ones based off manga. ^^

Anyway, this question is probably really stupid, but how would "doink" and "doinkies" be transliterated in Mandarin Chinese? I'm kind of curious to know, since I'm always saying doink all the time. XD You can write it in Traditional and/or Simplified Chinese, with pinyin provided if possible...thanks ^^
what does doink mean actually?