RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KDRAMAS (ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
elynchan

Post by elynchan » Mar 23rd, '06, 05:00

Ah... I was looking for similiar series.. I've watch

full house
My girl
MNIKSS
sassy girl choon hyang
Super rookie
Snow white
Sweet Spy
Goong
Marry a millionaire ( gave up on episode 7)
sweet 18 - episode1
Only you - episode 2

What else is good?....

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Mar 23rd, '06, 05:05

Please use the thread that bugsie has posted. Locking.

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Mar 23rd, '06, 05:06

Merged threads....

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Mar 23rd, '06, 18:55

OHH my most recent drama that I really really liked (after full house) and that stole my heart (even though i dont like mystery dramas, and prefer comedy) was " the 9 tailed fox".. its such a good drama.. i was skeptic and didnt really want to watch it, but i gave it a try anyway, and just after the 1st ep. i got hoocked...
anyway im sure everyone watched full house(my fav), my girl(very funny), delightful gir (kickes butt).... if you did make sure you ALSO watch this one.. its reallly intersing!!! A MUST SEEE

1.The Nine tailed Fox aka. Forbidden Love :wub:
Attachments
gh-kiss.gif
gh-kiss.gif (60.63 KiB) Viewed 2562 times
fl11.jpg
fl11.jpg (251.75 KiB) Viewed 2562 times

kodoko

Post by kodoko » Mar 24th, '06, 12:24

guccijana wrote:OHH my most recent drama that I really really liked (after full house) and that stole my heart (even though i dont like mystery dramas, and prefer comedy) was " the 9 tailed fox".. its such a good drama.. i was skeptic and didnt really want to watch it, but i gave it a try anyway, and just after the 1st ep. i got hoocked...
anyway im sure everyone watched full house(my fav), my girl(very funny), delightful gir (kickes butt).... if you did make sure you ALSO watch this one.. its reallly intersing!!! A MUST SEEE

When I saw the picture you posted, I was reminded of a thread in d-addict that Korean in drama normally do not give a real kiss. If you look carefully at the picture, they are actually not touching each other's lip at all. WoW lah, should go ahead and give a passionate kiss, so conservative for what, it is only acting, right? :P

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Mar 24th, '06, 13:52

kodoko wrote:
guccijana wrote:OHH my most recent drama that I really really liked (after full house) and that stole my heart (even though i dont like mystery dramas, and prefer comedy) was " the 9 tailed fox".. its such a good drama.. i was skeptic and didnt really want to watch it, but i gave it a try anyway, and just after the 1st ep. i got hoocked...

When I saw the picture you posted, I was reminded of a thread in d-addict that Korean in drama normally do not give a real kiss. If you look carefully at the picture, they are actually not touching each other's lip at all. WoW lah, should go ahead and give a passionate kiss, so conservative for what, it is only acting, right? :P

You have a point there, I noticed that in a bunch of series.. They should sometimes just get over "it" and passionately kiss.. would make the drama betta.. (but that's just me :P )
Anyway when i think of it, i really cant remember any drama that had a really passionate good kiss in it?? the nine tailed fox was the closest one to a OK. kiss so far...

kodoko

Post by kodoko » Mar 25th, '06, 11:31

guccijana wrote:
kodoko wrote:

You have a point there, I noticed that in a bunch of series.. They should sometimes just get over "it" and passionately kiss.. would make the drama betta.. (but that's just me :P )
Anyway when i think of it, i really cant remember any drama that had a really passionate good kiss in it?? the nine tailed fox was the closest one to a OK. kiss so far...

I think you are right, at certain scenes, they should have done a passionate kiss, it would make the drama better. But more often, the girls look uneasy .

Nevertheless, you can try Love in Harvard, Sorry, I love you. The girls actually kiss back. :mrgreen:

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Mar 25th, '06, 23:54

kodoko wrote:
guccijana wrote:
kodoko wrote:

I think you are right, at certain scenes, they should have done a passionate kiss, it would make the drama better. But more often, the girls look uneasy .

Nevertheless, you can try Love in Harvard, Sorry, I love you. The girls actually kiss back. :mrgreen:

UNEASY-- IS THE KEY WORD, and some of them should look up "loosen up" in the dictionary hehehe.. anyway thxx for the tip.. Halleluja, they exually do kiss back in some dramas .. didnt watch love in harvard nor Sorry I love you though, was too busy watching other dramas he-he.. but hej ill give it a try..:salut: which one should i watch first?

kodoko

Post by kodoko » Mar 26th, '06, 05:03

guccijana wrote:
kodoko wrote:
guccijana wrote:

UNEASY-- IS THE KEY WORD, and some of them should look up "loosen up" in the dictionary hehehe.. anyway thxx for the tip.. Halleluja, they exually do kiss back in some dramas .. didnt watch love in harvard nor Sorry I love you though, was too busy watching other dramas he-he.. but hej ill give it a try..:salut: which one should i watch first?
I personally prefer Sorry,I love you. But be prepared, a lot of people actually suffer from a short period of depression after watching this drama series. :-( And put a box of tissues beside you towards the end.

As for Love in Harvard, it started off well but went downhill all the way when the leads went back to Korea. Frankly speaking, i almost stop watching this drama series if not for the pretty Kim Tae Hee.

Another recommendation, if you like Dae Jang Gaem. try watching Seodongyo, it is very good too. The main actor in Nine Tail fox is in this show too.
:D

asprikitik

Post by asprikitik » Apr 1st, '06, 00:47

I have't seen much Korean Dramas, but so far I recommend all the ones I saw.

MUST WATCH!
Lovers In Paris - My first korean drama. I just saw it a month ago, and wow. I was impressed. I never thought korean dramas are actually quite good. People say that it had a bad ending and that the lead girl KJE was annoying, or the story was just the typical Cinderella story. Well that may be it, but this story has it's own spin to it. It's really heart-warming. Very light. The actors looked great together. At first you'd think that the lead man was quite old for the lead girl, but they turned out to have such a great chemistry. And the lead guy isn't even old (as I thought, when I saw a picture of LIP). Some people say that the ending was bad.. I kinda agree, BUT that didn't kill the whole series. It wasn't that bad. The series is still great even with the not so good ending. This started my Korean craze. I was about to watch Princess Lulu, but the reviews here has stopped me. But I would still love to see the two leading here in a new KDRAMA.

Full House
- Seemed to be everyone's favorite, I just HAD to watch it. The girl Song Hye-Gyo, was HELLA cute. I became obsess to her while watching the show. Well enough of that. The show was another romantic comedy and it's less mature than Lovers In Paris. A lot of teenagers like me would like it (not saying that the olders ones wouldn't). I loved the series, even if they did just fight all through out the series, LOL. I couldn't wait for them to just tell each other how they felt. Very anticipating show, it wanted to keep me watching all through 16 episodes. Very hilarious!

My Name Is Kim Sam Soon
- Haven't heard a lot about this, but I just downloaded it for some reason. I didn't really want to watch the show because of the "not so cute" lead girl. But I'm glad that didn't stop me from watching it. This is probably my favorite out of all the series I saw (well, it's really hard to choose though). The 2 lead has a really great chemistry. The lead girl, Kim Sun Ah, was HILARIOUS. I don't understand Korean.. but I still find her hilarious even with just the subtitles. My favorite scene was the KARAOKE scene! I still can't forget about that scene.. Actually I liked everything! I loved the OST.. the cast.. the story.. the SHOW! A show that you shouldn't miss! Although I kind of wanted more from the ending.. but I guess it'll do. The story was kind of like.. Full House because of the contract. But NO, don't misunderstood, it's just one part that's alike. Everything else is very unique.

My Girl
- Anotehr hilarious show! It doesn't beat the other shows I've seen, but this one is great too! It's unique. The lead girl is cute again. I love her... Actually, everyone looks good in the series. Although I find the guy that looked like a girl a bit weird playing a playboy, but it all turned out okay by the time you're in the middle of the story. There are a lot of HILARIOUS moments, but there also times when it lags, but it didint ruin the whole show for me. It's another must watch! Im only on Epi. 14 though.. I'll finish by today.

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Apr 1st, '06, 02:19

kodoko wrote:
I personally prefer Sorry,I love you. But be prepared, a lot of people actually suffer from a short period of depression after watching this drama series. :-( And put a box of tissues beside you towards the end.

As for Love in Harvard, it started off well but went downhill all the way when the leads went back to Korea. Frankly speaking, i almost stop watching this drama series if not for the pretty Kim Tae Hee.

Another recommendation, if you like Dae Jang Gaem. try watching Seodongyo, it is very good too. The main actor in Nine Tail fox is in this show too.

Hej there :w00t: .. hm.. thxx for the tips.. I heavent watched a really sad drama in ages.. So ill check out 'sorry i love you' and make sure to prepare lots of tissues :P and stay away from Love story in Harvard he-he.. hm.. heard Dae Jang Gaem is good, but never exually watched it because it was nowhere to find on d-addicts.. OHH YEAH have you heard of "That Summer's Typhoon"??? i just ordered it on dvd since I have never heard, or read any info about this show.. ( I hope its goood)... :mrgreen:
Last edited by guccijana on Apr 2nd, '06, 22:27, edited 1 time in total.

kodoko

Post by kodoko » Apr 2nd, '06, 06:06

guccijana wrote:kodoko wrote:

Hej there :w00t: .. hm.. thxx for the tips.. I heavent watched a really sad drama in ages.. So ill check out 'sorry i love you' and make sure to prepare lots of tissues :P and stay away from Love story in Harvard he-he.. hm.. heard Dae Jang Gaem is good, but never exually watched it because it was nowhere to find on d-addicts.. OHH YEAH have you heard of "That Summer's Typhoon"??? i just ordered it on dvd since I have never heard, or read any info about this show.. ( I hope its goood)... :mrgreen:
Summer typhoon? I have never heard of it. If it is good, do let me know. Too many dramas, too little time. Just finished Seodongyo(55 episodes) last night. Pretty good, but I still prefer Dae Jang Gaem. Will watch the movie King and the clown later, heard it is very popular in Korea.

BTW, you can download Dae Jang Gaem in d-addict. :D

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Apr 2nd, '06, 19:04

kodoko wrote:
Summer typhoon? I have never heard of it. If it is good, do let me know. Too many dramas, too little time. Just finished Seodongyo(55 episodes) last night. Pretty good, but I still prefer Dae Jang Gaem. Will watch the movie King and the clown later, heard it is very popular in Korea.

BTW, you can download Dae Jang Gaem in d-addict
YEEEPII.. MY DVD'S HAVE ARRIVED.. ILL START WATCHING SUMMERS TYPHOON ON TUESDAY (SINCE I HAVE TWO EXAMS ON MONDAY (STUDDYTIME).. .... I HOPE THAT ITS GOOD. (IT BETTER BE HE-HE) oki doki ill make sure to let you know how and what tthe series is about :salut: .. CANT AGREE WITH YOU MORE, IT WOULD BE GREAT TO HAVE TIME TO WATCH LOOTS OF DRAMAS, ahh cant wait till schools over!!!.. KING AND THE CLOWN :scratch: .. HMMM.. NEVER HEARD OF IT, WHAT'S IT ABOUT???
SOO Dae Jang gaem is available on d-addicts??? whaaat?? aww thx for letting me know, ill search it up right now... c ya later

SkyyBlue

Post by SkyyBlue » Apr 3rd, '06, 12:43

I have to stay up and needed to do something so I will post.

My favorites are:

Wonderful Life
Green Rose
Palace
Resurrection
Sassy Girl Chan Yang
Super Rookie
18-29
Wedding
Lovers of Prague
All In (Old)
First Love (really old)
Mo leh she geh (Sand Glass - this is like ancient)

Watchable:

My Girl
Marry a millionaire
Golden Apple
Good-Bye Sadness
Dear Heaven
Emperor of the Sea
Sweet Spy
Barefoot Youth
Heaven's Tree
Hello God

I'm not really into that really sad type of Kdramas :glare: . I need some type of comedy or action. :roll Some are still ongoing but I've finished a lot of the series to know if I like them or not so I listed them, but the current ones out I'm not really sure as of yet.

As for K-Movies

Attack the gas station
Lil Mare - yeah its good
My wife's a gangster 1&2
My Boss My hero
My Boss My student - I thought the 1st one was funnier
Marrying the Mafia 1&2
Love in Magic
Who's Got the Tape?
The Beauty and the Beast
The Big Swindle
Quiz King
Please Teach me English
Short Time - This is funny, not a lot of ppl have recommended this but it's good :D
100 Days with Mr. Arrogant
Crazy 1st Love
Duelist
Guns and Talks - Hilarious
Greatest Expectations
High School Girl Get married - funny
He was cool - it's watchable but I don't think it's that great
North Korean Guys
Too Beautiful to Lie
Art of Seduction
The Twins
A Bitter Sweet Life
Sympathy for Lady Vengence - This one I think is much better Than the Mr.
Steal it if you Can
Make it Big
Innocent Steps - if you're into like Romantic movies
I wish I had a wife
Lets play Dharma
My little Bride
My Brother
My Boyfriend is Type B
Rules of Dating

There are others but I can't remember off the top of my head Also.... another movie I would Recommend is. Shopaholics - it's freaking hilarious at the end.

kodoko

Post by kodoko » Apr 3rd, '06, 13:09

guccijana wrote:kodoko wrote:

BTW, you can download Dae Jang Gaem in d-addict
YEEEPII.. MY DVD'S HAVE ARRIVED.. ILL START WATCHING SUMMERS TYPHOON ON TUESDAY (SINCE I HAVE TWO EXAMS ON MONDAY (STUDDYTIME).. .... I HOPE THAT ITS GOOD. (IT BETTER BE HE-HE) oki doki ill make sure to let you know how and what tthe series is about :salut: .. CANT AGREE WITH YOU MORE, IT WOULD BE GREAT TO HAVE TIME TO WATCH LOOTS OF DRAMAS, ahh cant wait till schools over!!!.. KING AND THE CLOWN :scratch: .. HMMM.. NEVER HEARD OF IT, WHAT'S IT ABOUT???
SOO Dae Jang gaem is available on d-addicts??? whaaat?? aww thx for letting me know, ill search it up right now... c ya later
King and the clown, I only know that is a low budget historical movie based on a performer who became the king 's concubine, I am still waiting for the movie to be uploaded, so I can't tell you much. But I know Lee Jun Kee shot to fame because of this movie and you may want to watch My girl, he is the second lead in this drama, the drama is hilarious, but my TOP favorite would be Love Letter.
I used to watch K drama occasionally before but after watching Love Letter, I got hooked on kdrama and now that's why I am now d-addict. :D

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Apr 3rd, '06, 15:30

King and the clown, I only know that is a low budget historical movie based on a performer who became the king 's concubine, I am still waiting for the movie to be uploaded, so I can't tell you much. But I know Lee Jun Kee shot to fame because of this movie and you may want to watch My girl, he is the second lead in this drama, the drama is hilarious, but my TOP favorite would be Love Letter.
I used to watch K drama occasionally before but after watching Love Letter, I got hooked on kdrama and now that's why I am now d-addict. :D
Sounds intersting.... hehehe so love letter started it all for you.. yeah its a popular drama... ill watch it after 'sorry i love you'... jeeepi so now i have two dramas I can watch (thxxx)...I watched My girl, and i love it too, very funny, i also like it a l ot (its on my top 5).. Hm..also I like full house (it was hilarious-after watching full house i wannted to watch more and more and more k-dramas and got addicted :P Oh.. hm.. i starated watching Goong (still am on ep.12) to see what the fuss is about, and hm.. must say that its very boring, (im very dissapointed) i have no clue why people like it that much??? :scratch: maby its going to get better, but in my oppinion its draggy, not that great (so he-he wouldnt recommend it to ya!!!...) did you watch any TW-drama??

kodoko

Post by kodoko » Apr 4th, '06, 12:21

guccijana wrote:
Sounds intersting.... hehehe so love letter started it all for you.. yeah its a popular drama... ill watch it after 'sorry i love you'... jeeepi so now i have two dramas I can watch (thxxx)...I watched My girl, and i love it too, very funny, i also like it a l ot (its on my top 5).. Hm..also I like full house (it was hilarious-after watching full house i wannted to watch more and more and more k-dramas and got addicted :P Oh.. hm.. i starated watching Goong (still am on ep.12) to see what the fuss is about, and hm.. must say that its very boring, (im very dissapointed) i have no clue why people like it that much??? :scratch: maby its going to get better, but in my oppinion its draggy, not that great (so he-he wouldnt recommend it to ya!!!...) did you watch any TW-drama??

You really share the same taste as me. :mrgreen: I too find Goong boring. (at episode 16, stop to concentrate on watching SeoDongyo) and even fell asleep at certain part of the drama and do not understand why it is so popular. But it is definitely average drama to me.

I have not watched any TW drama since It started with a Kiss. It is Japanese manga-translated drama. I have watched the Japanese version in 1997 and is a big fan of this comic Itazura kiss(it mean naughty kiss in Japanese). I even bought the soundtrack. The taiwanese version of this drama, I would only rate it as average. But the comics are really good. My sister, sister's colleague, friends and neighbour whom I lend my comic to all agree that it is very good. It is a pity the author of this comic has passed away and the comic remain incomplete. I would not go into detail (cos this is kdrama thread) what this drama is about, you might want to check it out on the TW drama thread.

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Apr 4th, '06, 14:47

You really share the same taste as me. :mrgreen: I too find Goong boring. (at episode 16, stop to concentrate on watching SeoDongyo) and even fell asleep at certain part of the drama and do not understand why it is so popular. But it is definitely average drama to me.

I have not watched any TW drama since It started with a Kiss. It is Japanese manga-translated drama. I have watched the Japanese version in 1997 and is a big fan of this comic Itazura kiss(it mean naughty kiss in Japanese). I even bought the soundtrack. The taiwanese version of this drama, I would only rate it as average. But the comics are really good. My sister, sister's colleague, friends and neighbour whom I lend my comic to all agree that it is very good. It is a pity the author of this comic has passed away and the comic remain incomplete. I would not go into detail (cos this is kdrama thread) what this drama is about, you might want to check it out on the TW drama thread
Wowww.. i guess we really do share the same taste, I know exactly what you mean, I found myself forward certain parts of Goong a lot.. (I dont see anything special about this show, it deserves a 2.9 out of 10.... Oh I did watch ISWAK, and it was pretty funny, except sometimes I fouond myself jelling at the girl, because she seemd too desperate at times, but all in all its pretty cute show.. Ohh ill check out the comic section, they might have it, if its not an older comic...By the way if you heavent seen mars and MG. its highly recomended.. ohh also priInce who turns to frog (iits pretty funny, check it out)...
Last edited by guccijana on Apr 17th, '06, 00:47, edited 1 time in total.

kodoko

Post by kodoko » Apr 5th, '06, 12:34

guccijana wrote:

I have not watched any TW drama since It started with a Kiss. It is Japanese manga-translated drama. I have watched the Japanese version in 1997 and is a big fan of this comic Itazura kiss(it mean naughty kiss in Japanese). I even bought the soundtrack. The taiwanese version of this drama, I would only rate it as average. But the comics are really good. My sister, sister's colleague, friends and neighbour whom I lend my comic to all agree that it is very good. It is a pity the author of this comic has passed away and the comic remain incomplete. I would not go into detail (cos this is kdrama thread) what this drama is about, you might want to check it out on the TW drama thread
Wowww.. i guess we really do share the same taste, I know exactly what you mean, I found myself forward certain parts of Goong a lot.. (I dont see anything special about this show, it deserves a 5.9 out of 10.... Oh I did watch ISWAK, and it was pretty funny, except sometimes I fouond myself jelling at the girl, because she seemd too desperate at times, but all in all its pretty cute show.. Ohh ill check out the comic section, they might have it, if its not an older comic...By the way if you heavent seen mars and MG. its highly recomended.. ohh also priInce who turns to frog (iits pretty funny, check it out)...
I have watched both MG and MG II, MG I was good but MG II was boring. I have heard Mars was good but I do not like the female lead big S, so I did not watch it. Normally, I prefer to watch Japanese drama as it is more fast paced and it is rather short(around 11 episodes). Have you watched the Great White Tower? It is pretty good. Dramas like Long vacation, Tokyo Cinderella story, Great teacher Onizuka are a few of my favorites.

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Apr 6th, '06, 04:12

I have watched both MG and MG II, MG I was good but MG II was boring. I have heard Mars was good but I do not like the female lead big S, so I did not watch it. Normally, I prefer to watch Japanese drama as it is more fast paced and it is rather short(around 11 episodes). Have you watched the Great White Tower? It is pretty good. Dramas like Long vacation, Tokyo Cinderella story, Great teacher Onizuka are a few of my favorites.
OHH I TOTALLY AGREE.. MG II totally sucked.. Hm.. i exually like Barbie, I saw her on her tv show and shes a character, not stuck up (but thats just me).. I think she did a pretty good job in mars, her acting skills were much better then in MG.. anyway I did not see many Jdramas, the ones i did see were Last X-mas, shotgun marriage, and Engine, and loved engine the most.. So you recommend Long vacation GTO, hm... Ill check thouse out too, he-he boy my list is getting bigger and bigger (which is a good thing) since im running out of dramas to watch.... Ohh yeah I saw Summers typoon, and damn its soo boring, if i knew it was going to be so boring i wouldnt have bought it (feal asleep thats how intersting it was).. Anyway, I checked out Sorry I love you, and OMG its really good, even the first ep. got me hoocked.. its definitely on my top list... very interesting, and very original and also very sad... So I must say thxxxxx so much for recommending MISA, its really good... :thumleft:

kodoko

Post by kodoko » Apr 6th, '06, 11:37

guccijana wrote:
OHH I TOTALLY AGREE.. MG II totally sucked.. Hm.. i exually like Barbie, I saw her on her tv show and shes a character, not stuck up (but thats just me).. I think she did a pretty good job in mars, her acting skills were much better then in MG.. anyway I did not see many Jdramas, the ones i did see were Last X-mas, shotgun marriage, and Engine, and loved engine the most.. So you recommend Long vacation GTO, hm... Ill check thouse out too, he-he boy my list is getting bigger and bigger (which is a good thing) since im running out of dramas to watch.... Ohh yeah I saw Summers typoon, and damn its soo boring, if i knew it was going to be so boring i wouldnt have bought it (feal asleep thats how intersting it was).. Anyway, I checked out Sorry I love you, and OMG its really good, even the first ep. got me hoocked.. its definitely on my top list... very interesting, and very original and also very sad... So I must say thxxxxx so much for recommending MISA, its really good... :thumleft:
You are welcome. :-) Since you recommend Engine, I will check it out too, have not watch any Japanese drama for quite some time. Now I am currently watching Hello, God, I would say it is only an average kdrama. Next, I think I am going to finish off Tree of heaven. I do not like this drama at all, but I spend so much time downloading, it would be silly not to watch it at all. I would say it is a crap production. Everytime, I watch each episode, I would keep thinking when this show is going to end. :glare:

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Apr 7th, '06, 19:30

You are welcome. :-) Since you recommend Engine, I will check it out too, have not watch any Japanese drama for quite some time. Now I am currently watching Hello, God, I would say it is only an average kdrama. Next, I think I am going to finish off Tree of heaven. I do not like this drama at all, but I spend so much time downloading, it would be silly not to watch it at all. I would say it is a crap production. Everytime, I watch each episode, I would keep thinking when this show is going to end. :glare
hm.. heavent watched hello god, but from what ive seen nothing special!!! Yeah check out engine, im pretty sure your going to like it, its not really about love triangles, its more about the kids in the orphanage, and how the man lead influences them, pretty nice.. Hm.. I know what you mean, thats how i fealt about goong "when is this show going to end".. and it finally did.. ahh pure waste of time.. but hej, i guess everyone has a different taste :scratch: .. bad family seemd to be a new good show, have you checked it out??

kodoko

Post by kodoko » Apr 9th, '06, 13:13

hm.. heavent watched hello god, but from what ive seen nothing special!!! Yeah check out engine, im pretty sure your going to like it, its not really about love triangles, its more about the kids in the orphanage, and how the man lead influences them, pretty nice.. Hm.. I know what you mean, thats how i fealt about goong "when is this show going to end".. and it finally did.. ahh pure waste of time.. but hej, i guess everyone has a different taste :scratch: .. bad family seemd to be a new good show, have you checked it out??
Finally, I have finished with Tree of heaven and Hello! God. I did not check out Bad family. I am having a hard time trying to finish watching the drama I have downloaded. I am currently downloading Engine, Sunshine of Love, Resurrection and The Legendary Doctor Hur Joon. Now I am in the mood of watching historical drama. I am trying to find if there is any good historical drama I have missed out.

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Apr 10th, '06, 20:36

kodoko wrote:
Finally, I have finished with Tree of heaven and Hello! God. I did not check out Bad family. I am having a hard time trying to finish watching the drama I have downloaded. I am currently downloading Engine, Sunshine of Love, Resurrection and The Legendary Doctor Hur Joon. Now I am in the mood of watching historical drama. I am trying to find if there is any good historical drama I have missed out.

hej there.. aww finnally done eh??? Hm.. historical drama.. didnt watch any.. nada zip zero, but since there is the Palace one that you recommened on d-addicts i might check that one out... anyway i finished sorry i love you and I CANT SAY IT ENOUGH THANK YOU THANK YOU... ahh its my new favorite, what a great story, the end almost ripped my heart in pieces.. ahh i wish they made more of thouse, these days.. and to my surprize it wasnt corny at all, not even one bit..great acting, and the storyline is KILLER.. ahh thanks again.. HM, im currently downloading the last dance is with me andsince everyone is recommending it and love letter, im sure its good since you recommended it..

kodoko

Post by kodoko » Apr 11th, '06, 12:34

hej there.. aww finnally done eh??? Hm.. historical drama.. didnt watch any.. nada zip zero, but since there is the Palace one that you recommened on d-addicts i might check that one out... anyway i finished sorry i love you and I CANT SAY IT ENOUGH THANK YOU THANK YOU... ahh its my new favorite, what a great story, the end almost ripped my heart in pieces.. ahh i wish they made more of thouse, these days.. and to my surprize it wasnt corny at all, not even one bit..great acting, and the storyline is KILLER.. ahh thanks again.. HM, im currently downloading the last dance is with me andsince everyone is recommending it and love letter, im sure its good since you recommended it..
Last dance is with me? erhh... I have watched that drama a few months ago. It is kind of a old storyline with this rich guy who lost his memory and forgot the love of his life. Sound familiar,? Like your Meteor Garden TOO. :mrgreen: After watching more than halfway through the drama, the million dollar question came to our minds : Why is it called the Last dance is with me? Spoiler included :
They just dance and shake their body a bit in episode 14 and THAT ALL. In the final episode, the guy just ask the gal, will you save the dance for me.?
Like you, I watched this drama based everyone 's strong recommendation. Frankly speaking, I find nothing special about it. But maybe like what you say, everyone has his or her own preferences. As for love letter, you will find a lot of people find the drama is slow paced. But I just love the drama like Full house still remain on your top spot. :D

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Apr 12th, '06, 02:32

i've been reading through this thread... and i need help thinking of a good drama to watch. i've been watching too many happy (romantic-comedy-type) dramas lately i need something dark or depressing-ish.

i've already seen misa, let's go to school sang-doo, what happened in bali, and a love to kill... i think that does it for that type of k-drama.

i was thinking maybe stairway to heaven.. but i'm not sure..

help?

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Apr 12th, '06, 04:24

kodoko wrote:
Last dance is with me? erhh... I have watched that drama a few months ago. It is kind of a old storyline with this rich guy who lost his memory and forgot the love of his life. Sound familiar,? Like your Meteor Garden TOO. :mrgreen: After watching more than halfway through the drama, the million dollar question came to our minds : Why is it called the Last dance is with me? Spoiler included :
They just dance and shake their body a bit in episode 14 and THAT ALL. In the final episode, the guy just ask the gal, will you save the dance for me.?
Like you, I watched this drama based everyone 's strong recommendation. Frankly speaking, I find nothing special about it. But maybe like what you say, everyone has his or her own preferences. As for love letter, you will find a lot of people find the drama is slow paced. But I just love the drama like Full house still remain on your top spot. :D
ahhhs yess yesss my dear (he-he) it does sound l like MG .. :unsure: dissapointment i thought Save the last dance was going to be good...(maby like misa) no no cant top misa... :cry: just thinking bout that show makes me teary eyed... ahh ill give it a try anyway since ive already downlaoded the whole series.. ill probably agree with you, but hej might as well watch it since i spent two days downloading it... Love letter still downloading, its kinds slow geez its killing me... but im looking forward to watching it.. anyway did engine download? I saw that there was a batchtorrent for engine and there were enough people seeding (thats only if the ones you downloaded didnt have seeders)... ahhh so many dramas to watch but yet soo little time (getting ready for eastern !!!! they should have come up with a better more original name "save the last dance for me" :goggle:

i've been reading through this thread... and i need help thinking of a good drama to watch. i've been watching too many happy (romantic-comedy-type) dramas lately i need something dark or depressing-ish.

i've already seen misa, let's go to school sang-doo, what happened in bali, and a love to kill... i think that does it for that type of k-drama.

help?
I'd say watch MARS-- but its a Tw drama.. [/code]

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Apr 12th, '06, 05:10

guccijana wrote:
I'd say watch MARS-- but its a Tw drama..
i've already seen mars but thanks for the suggestion :lol

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Apr 12th, '06, 05:42

I would recommend:

Gumiho Wehjun (Nine tailed Fox, action/melodrama)
My Girl (Romance/Comedy)
My Sister In Law is 19 (Romance/Comedy)
Oh Pil Seung Bong Soon Young (Upbeat/Comedy/Romance)
My Name is Kim Sam Soon (Comedy/Romance)
Bulsae (Phoenix, melodrama)

Vindell

Post by Vindell » Apr 12th, '06, 10:42

- Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang
- Which Star Are You From

kodoko

Post by kodoko » Apr 12th, '06, 16:13

ahhhs yess yesss my dear (he-he) it does sound l like MG .. :unsure: dissapointment i thought Save the last dance was going to be good...(maby like misa) no no cant top misa... :cry: just thinking bout that show makes me teary eyed... ahh ill give it a try anyway since ive already downlaoded the whole series.. ill probably agree with you, but hej might as well watch it since i spent two days downloading it... Love letter still downloading, its kinds slow geez its killing me... but im looking forward to watching it.. anyway did engine download? I saw that there was a batchtorrent for engine and there were enough people seeding (thats only if the ones you downloaded didnt have seeders)... ahhh so many dramas to watch but yet soo little time (getting ready for eastern !!!! they should have come up with a better more original name "save the last dance for me" :goggle:
oh, the downloading of Engine was slow. It is only 12.7 % completed. I think it will take around a few weeks more. Me only left with drama resurrection to watch. :-(

[

kwakie

Dark and depressing-ish.

Post by kwakie » Apr 12th, '06, 17:32

x_XJules wrote:i've been reading through this thread... and i need help thinking of a good drama to watch. i've been watching too many happy (romantic-comedy-type) dramas lately i need something dark or depressing-ish.

help?
Actually, I was thinking "Sandglass" -- it was really depressing but really good at the same time.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: Dark and depressing-ish.

Post by x_XJules » Apr 12th, '06, 19:53

kwakie wrote:Actually, I was thinking "Sandglass" -- it was really depressing but really good at the same time.
oooo.... sounds really good! Sandglass it is! :D thanks!!!

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Apr 12th, '06, 19:57

x_XJules wrote:
guccijana wrote:
I'd say watch MARS-- but its a Tw drama..
i've already seen mars but thanks for the suggestion :lol
your welcome.. another one that is good, and also on my fav. list is Nine tailed fox 9 totally forgot about tha one!!.. i

oh, the downloading of Engine was slow. It is only 12.7 % completed. I think it will take around a few weeks more. Me only left with drama resurrection to watch.
HMM.. AWW SORRY GIRL.... hm thats strange even though 11 people are seeding it, its slow ohh well it happens, he-he patience patience, (even though we all hate to wait).. in the end it pay's off, right?? ahh i cant wait for the new series to come out!! Fugoh Keiji, and attention please.. ahhh i hope they are good!~ they sound promising at least!!

kodoko

Post by kodoko » Apr 13th, '06, 13:03

HMM.. AWW SORRY GIRL.... hm thats strange even though 11 people are seeding it, its slow ohh well it happens, he-he patience patience, (even though we all hate to wait).. in the end it pay's off, right?? ahh i cant wait for the new series to come out!! Fugoh Keiji, and attention please.. ahhh i hope they are good!~ they sound promising at least!!
Arghhh. it is ok, this is not that bad. I have experienced worse, btw who is Fugoh Keiji??

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Apr 13th, '06, 15:32

kodoko wrote:
Arghhh. it is ok, this is not that bad. I have experienced worse, btw who is Fugoh Keiji??
Hej there.. hmm.. Fugoh Keiji- is a new jdorama that is going to be posted in d-addicts between april-june (dont know when) ive seen the website http://www.asahi.co.jp/fugoh/ looks interesting.. forgot what it was bout though!!! hm I wonder I wonder!!! he-he
:roll

kodoko

Post by kodoko » Apr 13th, '06, 16:59

Hej there.. hmm.. Fugoh Keiji- is a new jdorama that is going to be posted in d-addicts between april-june (dont know when) ive seen the website http://www.asahi.co.jp/fugoh/ looks interesting.. forgot what it was bout though!!! hm I wonder I wonder!!! he-he
I have just visited the website provided by you. The drama is not new, I remember watching this last year, unless it is a sequel. The drama is just average and I don't think I completed series anyway.

tumbles

Post by tumbles » Apr 14th, '06, 05:44

x_XJules wrote:i've been reading through this thread... and i need help thinking of a good drama to watch.
All About Eve is pretty dark and intense.

I agree about Sandglass. It tops my must-watch list. It doesn't have the usual k-drama feel to it as it doesn't rely on just the usual addictive elements. Rather, it has great character development, a well-organized plotline, and realistic settings. Definitely recommend this one.

oilyz

Post by oilyz » Apr 14th, '06, 06:55

I Like Dae Jung Geum Always

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Apr 14th, '06, 14:03

kodoko wrote:
I have just visited the website provided by you. The drama is not new, I remember watching this last year, unless it is a sequel. The drama is just average and I don't think I completed series anyway.
Hm.. they say its a 2006 drama http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... orama+2006.. :cry: it did look good, maby ur right and it is a sequel.?? oh well we can always hope for attention please..

t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Post by t3n5h1_chu_k015h173 » Apr 14th, '06, 20:11

1.I'm Sorry I Love You
2.Save The Last Dance For Me
3.Goong/Palace
4.Spring Waltz :wub:

kodoko

Post by kodoko » Apr 15th, '06, 07:31

Hm.. they say its a 2006 drama http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... orama+2006.. :cry: it did look good, maby ur right and it is a sequel.?? oh well we can always hope for attention please
I guessed we have wait for quite some time before the drama get aired and subbed. If the drama is good, waiting can be pure torture. If it no good, you don't even feel like continuing. We will watch different drama and recommended to each other if it good., ok? :thumleft: Them we can watch more good dramas with our very limited time. :mrgreen:

Btw, how you find Last dance is with me?

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Apr 15th, '06, 23:08

kodoko wrote:
Hm.. they say its a 2006 drama http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... orama+2006.. :cry: it did look good, maby ur right and it is a sequel.?? oh well we can always hope for attention please
I guessed we have wait for quite some time before the drama get aired and subbed. If the drama is good, waiting can be pure torture. If it no good, you don't even feel like continuing. We will watch different drama and recommended to each other if it good., ok? :thumleft: Them we can watch more good dramas with our very limited time. :mrgreen:

Btw, how you find Last dance is with me?

hej there.. awww thats exually a GREAT idea.. :thumright: watching different dramas and telling each other about them if they are good.. or even rate them (since we have same taste in dramas he-he) awsome!!!! u deserve a big applouse for that idea... yeah i agree waiting for dramas can be a torture, and escpecially the subs :blink ..
hm.. did you mean how did i like the drama last dance.. or how did i find it?? ehh i think you mean like?? he-he ill answer both.. exually its averabe nothing special about it.. (in some parts its kinda boring.. and i found it on the torrent page he-he.... oki doki.. gotta run its soo nice outside :P
Last edited by guccijana on Apr 16th, '06, 00:25, edited 2 times in total.

juhyunlee

Post by juhyunlee » Apr 15th, '06, 23:26

i liked rebirth next n all in ^^.. but im wierd

kodoko

Post by kodoko » Apr 16th, '06, 02:31

hej there.. awww thats exually a GREAT idea.. :thumright: watching different dramas and telling each other about them if they are good.. or even rate them (since we have same taste in dramas he-he) awsome!!!! u deserve a big applouse for that idea... yeah i agree waiting for dramas can be a torture, and escpecially the subs :blink ..
hm.. did you mean how did i like the drama last dance.. or how did i find it?? ehh i think you mean like?? he-he ill answer both.. exually its averabe nothing special about it.. (in some parts its kinda boring.. and i found it on the torrent page he-he.... oki doki.. gotta run its soo nice outside :P
hee, hee. So you found Save the dance with me is average too. Somehow, feel that not this drama is totally no good but was over rated. You really share the same taste as me. :D So as from now,we will go and explore different dramas. :cheers:

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Apr 16th, '06, 21:49

hee, hee. So you found Save the dance with me is average too. Somehow, feel that not this drama is totally no good but was over rated. You really share the same taste as me. :D So as from now,we will go and explore different dramas. :cheers:
thats the word i was looking for "over rated" hmmm.. somehow when i watch it, the story doesnt convince me.. no idea why maby the acting? or maby the story in general... there seems to be something missing!!! yeeepi, sounds great exploring and telling each othe about it (so we can watch goooood rather then bad dramas)... hm.. ive been looking through the threds and came across "bad family".. im gonna give it a try tonight and tell ya about it, (since people were giving it a two thumbs up"... oki. ohh happy easter by the way... :D

uniquo

Post by uniquo » Apr 17th, '06, 07:07

anyone know where I could dl popcorn series with eng subs from?

kodoko

Post by kodoko » Apr 17th, '06, 13:27

thats the word i was looking for "over rated" hmmm.. somehow when i watch it, the story doesnt convince me.. no idea why maby the acting? or maby the story in general... there seems to be something missing!!! yeeepi, sounds great exploring and telling each othe about it (so we can watch goooood rather then bad dramas)... hm.. ive been looking through the threds and came across "bad family".. im gonna give it a try tonight and tell ya about it, (since people were giving it a two thumbs up"... oki. ohh happy easter by the way... :D
Go ahead, I will be waiting for your review, I am pretty sure I can trust it. I ve downloaded the first episode of the sky(one of the Korean top rated show). Oh dear, luckily i only downloaded one episode, I deleted from hard disk once I finished it, it was so boring. I am currently watching Resurrection/Rebirth. It has a good plot, but it has become rather draggy.(now at episode 13) I am now downloading movie Millionaire 's First love (Hyun Bin), BTW, have you watch My name is Kim Sam soon?

nana_4jc

Post by nana_4jc » Apr 18th, '06, 22:21

for me
1. full house :cheers: :O :wub: :wub: :D
2. goong :cheers: :wub: :lol :wub:
3. my girl :lol :wub: :cry: :wub:
4 sweet 18 :wub: :wub: :lol :cry:
5. My name is kim sam soon :lol :wub: :cry:
6. lover in paris :D :wub: :cry:
7. love in harvard :D :whistling:
8. my love patzzi :D :cry: :lol :wub:
ok guys that's it

nadesico
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nadesico » Apr 18th, '06, 22:25

anyone watching ireland? I've started this one and it's very strange, si i was wondering if it's worth seing. any advice on it?

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Apr 19th, '06, 23:37

kodoko wrote:
Go ahead, I will be waiting for your review, I am pretty sure I can trust it. I ve downloaded the first episode of the sky(one of the Korean top rated show). Oh dear, luckily i only downloaded one episode, I deleted from hard disk once I finished it, it was so boring. I am currently watching Resurrection/Rebirth. It has a good plot, but it has become rather draggy.(now at episode 13) I am now downloading movie Millionaire 's First love (Hyun Bin), BTW, have you watch My name is Kim Sam soon?
hejj.. there.. ahh sorry bout the delay (had a test yesterday) anyway... ive just watched "bad family"... and hm.. the first episode wasnt too bad.. i'd say a little above average.. its quite uniqe.. a guy who makes up a family in order to get payed, however the people he picked are very sly he-he :-) .. ill be watching the2nd tonight and im sure its going to get better...(tell ya bout it tomorow)... so sky was bad ha?? ive never even heard of it.. but wount bother with that show then.... resurrection.. ive heard of that show.. people say its a 10/10??? but will c, till you watch it till the end..
Ive watched Kim sam soon... its not on my top 5 though.. oki cant wait to see what you say about MIllionaires 1st love.. :cheers:

crash43

Recomendations Needed

Post by crash43 » Apr 20th, '06, 04:55

I'm new to Korean dramas and would like some recommendation. The first drama we watched was "Full House", we loved it. We then went and purchased "My Name Is Kim Sam Soon" , It"s been good but a little more language than we care for. We also bought "Sweety Spy" it had too much language and skin. We want to get dramas that are minimal in language and skin. Any good recommendations?
Thank You

asprikitik

Post by asprikitik » Apr 20th, '06, 05:01

Check out:
RECOMMENDATION THREAD - http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... 26&start=0
FAVORITE ROMANTIC COMEDY THREAD - http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... 62&start=0

Full House&MNIKSS were the first one I saw too.
If you liked those, you'll like..
My Girl - wholesome and very entertaining
Lovers In Paris - Really good.. but the ending might throw you off a bit.

snowfairy

Post by snowfairy » Apr 20th, '06, 15:09

If you are looking for a family-friendly and light hearted drama, how about Success story of a bright girl? It's funny and cute, definitely worth watching.

crash43

Post by crash43 » Apr 20th, '06, 20:04

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll look for these. If anyone else has some recommendations it would be very much appreciated. Thanks Again

kodoko

Post by kodoko » Apr 21st, '06, 12:13

hejj.. there.. ahh sorry bout the delay (had a test yesterday) anyway... ive just watched "bad family"... and hm.. the first episode wasnt too bad.. i'd say a little above average.. its quite uniqe.. a guy who makes up a family in order to get payed, however the people he picked are very sly he-he :-) .. ill be watching the2nd tonight and im sure its going to get better...(tell ya bout it tomorow)... so sky was bad ha?? ive never even heard of it.. but wount bother with that show then.... resurrection.. ive heard of that show.. people say its a 10/10??? but will c, till you watch it till the end..
Ive watched Kim sam soon... its not on my top 5 though.. oki cant wait to see what you say about MIllionaires 1st love.. :cheers:
I was busy too, dear. how's bad family so far, me still downloading engine. will try to finish recurrection this weekend. will review again after finished watching. millionaire 's first love downloading is almost half done, since it is only a movie, i guessed I can get it done fast.

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Apr 22nd, '06, 16:39

kodoko wrote:
I was busy too, dear. how's bad family so far, me still downloading engine. will try to finish recurrection this weekend. will review again after finished watching. millionaire 's first love downloading is almost half done, since it is only a movie, i guessed I can get it done fast.
hej there :D .. well i just finished the 4th episode of Bad family, and must say that the show grows on you.. the more you watch the more you like it.. its pretty funny (not the laugh out loud funny, but still funny)... i wasnt too crazy about the 1st ep. but the 2-3-4th were much better.. anyway.. ohh.. yeah (not a kdrama) but really good so far is Bump off lover.. cant wait for the next episode.. (u gotta check it out, its really good)... im also downloading What hapend in bali, since I didnt watch it, so cant wait to see that too.. takes forever to download though.. How are your drams comming along?? oki doki :salut: thats it 4 2day..

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » Apr 22nd, '06, 18:44

nobody had mentioned Tomato? ya it's a long time ago but it still remember it's one of those which i really enjoyed when i first started on kdrama.

i just finished watching MISA. i don't usually like sad story but i like this one! couldnt stop following!

other favourites: Lovers in Paris, Sweet 18, Full House (although I can't stand Bi), Dae Jang Geum, Winter Sonata (good old days, was crazy over bae yong joon when watching it) :roll

hey and has anybody watched the period drama Sang Do? personally i find it great! It about a guy who aspired to be scholar but turned out to be a brillant trader. it's based on a real person in history. i know the script may be exagerating but he's hella smart guy. it's about 50 episodes (shorter than DJG).

think i'm gonna try Damo next. and maybe My Girl too since so many of you love it thank you for recommendation :-)

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » Apr 22nd, '06, 18:56

Oh and some drama which i stopped or lost interest:
Autumn Tale, Summer Scent, Sad Love Song, Stairway to heaven (ya ya know a lot of people recommend but each has own taste i guess)
Some how most of these has that same guy in it. maybe that's part of the reason? i wonder...

Oh did i missed out Kim Sam Soon in the fav? i think it's really a feel good one, even the girl is plump she's cute at times. also a good one for average girl to fantasize... ;p

Actually All-In is not bad too. didnt like it in the beginning but it got better.

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » Apr 22nd, '06, 19:01

it may not be relevant. but i saw some one mentioned Metereor Garden here and reminds me how much i enjoyed the anime series! it's really lovely lovely story. i've never watched the taiwanese version and not interested.
but i highly recommend the anime series to everyone. it's funny yet touching. you'll sure fall in love with Do Ming Shi, the leading guy!

kodoko

Post by kodoko » Apr 23rd, '06, 15:10

hej there :D .. well i just finished the 4th episode of Bad family, and must say that the show grows on you.. the more you watch the more you like it.. its pretty funny (not the laugh out loud funny, but still funny)... i wasnt too crazy about the 1st ep. but the 2-3-4th were much better.. anyway.. ohh.. yeah (not a kdrama) but really good so far is Bump off lover.. cant wait for the next episode.. (u gotta check it out, its really good)... im also downloading What hapend in bali, since I didnt watch it, so cant wait to see that too.. takes forever to download though.. How are your drams comming along?? oki doki :salut: thats it 4 2day..
I 'll wait for you to finish bad family first and the final review. I am done with Resurrection and millionaire 's first love. Resurrection - Good plot, too draggy, believe the drama can be done with 16 episodes. The female lead Ha Ji Min seriously need to polish up her acting, and the male lead was ok but tend to overact at times. Silly ending, cannot understand why the main couple does not end up together for no particular reason. Millionaire's first love - Oh, your typical kmovie's plot, nothing special. It is about this soon-to be millionaire 18-year old guy(Hyun Bin) who must graduated from a countryside high school before he can lay his hands on the inheritance his grandfather left for him. So, he went to the high school unwillingly and met his first love (childhood friend) and fall in love with her. Later to find out she actually has a heart problem and later died. Watch only if you are a fan of Hyun Bin. :whistling:

I will be checking out Bump off Lover, since you said it is good. As for what happened to Bali, I can summarize the 20-episode in a sentence. This drama is basically about a slut fooling around with two guys and
Spoiler included:
CAUSED THE DEATH OF ALL THREE. ALL THESE HAPPENED IN THE LAST 5 MINS OF THE DRAMA.
Watch only if you a fan of So Ji Sup. Frankly speaking, I feel it is a waste of my time although I am a fan of So JI Sup. :cussing:

Have you started watching Love letter yet? I am curious how you find the drama.

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Apr 23rd, '06, 15:38

I 'll wait for you to finish bad family first and the final review. I am done with Resurrection and millionaire 's first love. Resurrection - Good plot, too draggy, believe the drama can be done with 16 episodes. The female lead Ha Ji Min seriously need to polish up her acting, and the male lead was ok but tend to overact at times. Silly ending, cannot understand why the main couple does not end up together for no particular reason. Millionaire's first love - Oh, your typical kmovie's plot, nothing special. It is about this soon-to be millionaire 18-year old guy(Hyun Bin) who must graduated from a countryside high school before he can lay his hands on the inheritance his grandfather left for him. So, he went to the high school unwillingly and met his first love (childhood friend) and fall in love with her. Later to find out she actually has a heart problem and later died. Watch only if you are a fan of Hyun Bin. :whistling:

I will be checking out Bump off Lover, since you said it is good. As for what happened to Bali, I can summarize the 20-episode in a sentence. This drama is basically about a slut fooling around with two guys and
Spoiler included:
CAUSED THE DEATH OF ALL THREE. ALL THESE HAPPENED IN THE LAST 5 MINS OF THE DRAMA.
Watch only if you a fan of So Ji Sup. Frankly speaking, I feel it is a waste of my time although I am a fan of So JI Sup. :cussing:

Have you started watching Love letter yet? I am curious how you find the drama
Hejjj there.. ahh i was so bored and couldnt wait for your review.. bad family is going to take a long time since they only subbed 4 episodes.. but ill review it as soon as im finished with the show oki... Bump off lover also only has 2 ep with subs (ahhh dont you just hate to wait geeez :crazy: ), but man are they worth watching.. (took me forever to figure out how to download the subs he-he.. if ya have problemes let me know) So resurrection was a bit draggy, ahh its a pain when certain characters cant act, it makes the whole story so not believable.. but all in all not bad ehh?? nope not a fan of Hyun Bin so probably wount watch the movie, ohh and because i have no clue where to download movies from??
Ah im almost done downloading WHIB.. waste of downloading time.. but since its already downloading might as well watch it.. ahh im so dissapointed next time all ask you beforehand he-he... Long Love Letter is also not done downloading (im waiting till everything is downloaded) will probably finish it by next week, there are no seeders though.. tell ya what i think of it by next week... :thumright:

wai_muna

Post by wai_muna » Apr 23rd, '06, 15:51

goong...of course...:P

ai-chan

Post by ai-chan » Apr 23rd, '06, 16:34

Wow, there's so much talk about Full House. Personally, I watched the first 7 episodes, but i couldn't stand the guy, so i just quit.

The absolute MUST watch for me are:
1. My Girl - THE FUNNIEST EVER! The main girl is the best and the guy is so hot XD
2. All About Eve - It's such a sweet drama!
3. My Name is Kim Sam Soon - Funny romance

that's my top three ^^

kodoko

Post by kodoko » Apr 24th, '06, 15:25

Hejjj there.. ahh i was so bored and couldnt wait for your review.. bad family is going to take a long time since they only subbed 4 episodes.. but ill review it as soon as im finished with the show oki...
It 's ok. I can wait. :-)
Bump off lover also only has 2 ep with subs (ahhh dont you just hate to wait geeez :crazy: ), but man are they worth watching.. (took me forever to figure out how to download the subs he-he.. if ya have problemes let me know)
No subs needed, I am Chinese. :P
So resurrection was a bit draggy, ahh its a pain when certain characters cant act, it makes the whole story so not believable.. but all in all not bad ehh??
The drama is not too bad, but it definitely does not make it to my top 20 either. All in? You refering to the drama All in? If you are, sorry I cannot help you as I have not watch it before.
nope not a fan of Hyun Bin so probably wount watch the movie, ohh and because i have no clue where to download movies from??
You can try ths link:
http://www.idols-unlimited.com/category/movies/
Ah im almost done downloading WHIB.. waste of downloading time.. but since its already downloading might as well watch it.. ahh im so dissapointed next time all ask you beforehand he-he.
Well, you can always check with me. But do take note, the dramas I recommended are purely based on my personal preferences. But there are a lot of dramas I haven't watch too. :lol
.. Long Love Letter is also not done downloading (im waiting till everything is downloaded) will probably finish it by next week, there are no seeders though.. tell ya what i think of it by next week... :thumright:
Long Love letter? :scratch: Did you download the correct drama? The title of the drama is Love Letter. It is about the priest-to-be caught between his love and religion.

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Apr 24th, '06, 16:11

Long Love letter? :scratch: Did you download the correct drama? The title of the drama is Love Letter. It is about the priest-to-be caught between his love and religion
Hejjjjjj there.. geez im gettin jellous u know chinese and dont need subs aww, how lucky!!! :P thx for the link.. i really apprechiate it.. :-) ahhhh (getting mad) :crazy: i was downloading (koibumi)-love letter... ignored the koibumi-since it said love letter though it was that.. ahhhh now i have to download it alll over again :cry:

ahh enjoy bump off lover since i cant :cry:

kodoko

Post by kodoko » Apr 26th, '06, 12:45

Hejjjjjj there.. geez im gettin jellous u know chinese and dont need subs aww, how lucky!!! :P thx for the link.. i really apprechiate it.. :-) ahhhh (getting mad) :crazy: i was downloading (koibumi)-love letter... ignored the koibumi-since it said love letter though it was that.. ahhhh now i have to download it alll over again :cry:

ahh enjoy bump off lover since i cant :cry:
Oh dear, you really got the wrong drama, I feel sad for you. :-( I have started watching Bump off Lover, it is really good. I must thank you for recommending me such a good drama. :thumright: There are not so much good drama recently. I have looking around :alcoholic: and thought I have to wait for Jumong to be aired. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will get subbed, but I think they hardly subbed a historical drama as they tend to lengthy and a lot of commitment are required. :cry:

Nevertheless, I realized they have finished subbing Goong, I guessed my weekend will be occupied with Bump off Lover and Goong . Hope my dear clubbox will not be throwing temper. Last night, my clubbox went on strike and so episode 3 cannot be downloaded. So dear, Like you, I am stucked with episode 2. :x

soomster

Post by soomster » Apr 26th, '06, 13:20

I would recommend
Romantic Comedy:
1) Full house
2) Snow white
3) sae ching goo 3 friends (old sitcome
very hilarious.)

Drama:
1) Reserection bu hwal
2) All in
3) ba lam en bu le do (when the wind blows) another old drama very good

Currently watching
Jinja Jinja Sarang Hae Really Really Love you. It hilarious!! easpecially because of the girl in who really over exagerates the accent from the korean country side.

SooJin.

Post by SooJin. » Apr 29th, '06, 04:28

My favorites:

1) I'm Sorry I Love You
2) Goong
3) My Name is Kim SamSoon

shiny plastic

Post by shiny plastic » Apr 29th, '06, 04:37

I'm actually quite new to k-word. So here's my output on it.

Movies:

Tae Guk Gi-Probably one of the best war films i've seen. It's like they shoved a bunch of genres into one, big, action packed movie. I've never cried so hard over a movie such as this. It's one of the best selling movies in korea for a reason. Very highly recommendable. In fact, I'll shoot you if you don't watch this movie. (totally kidding)

My Brother-Watched it because of Won Bin. To me, it was okay. I liked how it lacked romance and rather focused upon the sibling rivalry. But a story like this has been told so many times before. I admit, I cried at the end (why does won bin always have to pick sad endings in almost every project he's in?) but not as much as the director would have liked me too. It seemed they were trying to squeeze tears at us with some of the scenes that I was simply unmoved. Not to mention, the pacing is very slow and I was looking at the clock wondering how long time has passed. It's an okay movie. Watch it if you're bored on a saturday night.

Drama:

Autumn Tale-Like many, this is my k-drama introduction, you really get a sense of appreciation about this drama as it demostrates why korea is one of the best countries out there to produce such a high quality melodrama. I must say though, this is the best looking cast I've seen when it comes to K-drama.It started out very strong with the children, then when it got to the end it kinda fell apart for me. Way too many subplots going on and the pacing is very slow. Still, it's a very highly recommendable K drama

Winter Sonata-I'm currently watching it right now, the first episode i didn't really care for, but after a few more episodes it starts to grow on you. The scenery, actors, and the soundtrack is beautiful. Once again, the pacing is even slower than autumn tale and it's very similiar to autumn tale with the whole missing relatives stuff. Still, highly recommendable.

Summer Scent-Ah, the worst season of the 3. I couldn't bare to witness anymore after the first 3 episodes. Bleah.

Full House-Currently watching it right now because of Song Hye Kyo, it's cute so far but it's too fluffy at times. Somewhat recommendable.

Friends-Okay, WTF is all i have to say about this drama. The leading actress was very unconvincing and her attempts to cry only made her look like a sick puppy dog. The plot was crazy and way too idealistic to even possibly happen. Thank god it was only 4 episodes as I was about to stab myself in the middle of the mini series if it wasn't for Won Bin's hotness keeping me glued onto the screen. So basically, if you're a die hard won bin fan, watch this as IMO he looks the best in this drama.

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Apr 29th, '06, 04:46

hurm basically i already watched almost everything that is recommended in the must watch list and also in the okay drama and currently watching which star are you from and goodbye solo.

and also my girl and goong

problem is i don't like long sad type of drama like misa,sth and all those season series..

so does anyone have suggestion?

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Apr 29th, '06, 22:40

Oh dear, you really got the wrong drama, I feel sad for you. :-( I have started watching Bump off Lover, it is really good. I must thank you for recommending me such a good drama. :thumright: There are not so much good drama recently. I have looking around :alcoholic: and thought I have to wait for Jumong to be aired. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will get subbed, but I think they hardly subbed a historical drama as they tend to lengthy and a lot of commitment are required. :cry:

Nevertheless, I realized they have finished subbing Goong, I guessed my weekend will be occupied with Bump off Lover and Goong . Hope my dear clubbox will not be throwing temper. Last night, my clubbox went on strike and so episode 3 cannot be downloaded. So dear, Like you, I am stucked with episode 2. :x

hej there.. aww its all good, love letter is downloading REALLLY SLOW.. but atleast it downloading.. finally got the right drama he-he.. ahh ur welcome i hope ur clubbox is working fine, and that you can download bump off lover :thumright: .. i know what you mean this season there arent as many good dramas.. heavent heard of that drama you mentioned Jumong.. what is it bout??? im currently downloading Kurosagi, alone in love, orange days, and my sister in law is 19...didnt watch any of thouse yet, i just downloaded them coz people recommended them, ill let you know how they are once i get to see them.. ahh i was so busy, this whole week, (finals comming up).. so no dramas for me :crazy: ahhh.. cant wait till next weeks over so that i can watch and tell ya all bout thouse dramas.. he-he... :thumright: [/quote]

kodoko

Post by kodoko » Apr 30th, '06, 02:46

hej there.. aww its all good, love letter is downloading REALLLY SLOW.. but atleast it downloading.. finally got the right drama he-he.. ahh ur welcome i hope ur clubbox is working fine, and that you can download bump off lover :thumright: .. i know what you mean this season there arent as many good dramas.. heavent heard of that drama you mentioned Jumong.. what is it bout??? im currently downloading Kurosagi, alone in love, orange days, and my sister in law is 19...didnt watch any of thouse yet, i just downloaded them coz people recommended them, ill let you know how they are once i get to see them.. ahh i was so busy, this whole week, (finals comming up).. so no dramas for me :crazy: ahhh.. cant wait till next weeks over so that i can watch and tell ya all bout thouse dramas.. he-he... :thumright:
You can find the synopsis at KDrama Previews. It will be aired soon on 8th of May. Kurosagi? I have never heard of it. I really envy you, you seem to be enjoying excellent download speed over at Germany.

I will be waiting for you review. All the dramas mentioned above, I have not watched it yet. BTW, I have watched Bump off up Lover till episode 8 (still downloading episode 9). it is really good. As the story unfolds, many unexpected events happened. Can't wait to watch the next episode. Is it a Japanese-manga translated drama? Good lucks to your exam.

guccijana

Post by guccijana » May 2nd, '06, 15:25

You can find the synopsis at KDrama Previews. It will be aired soon on 8th of May. Kurosagi? I have never heard of it. I really envy you, you seem to be enjoying excellent download speed over at Germany.

I will be waiting for you review. All the dramas mentioned above, I have not watched it yet. BTW, I have watched Bump off up Lover till episode 8 (still downloading episode 9). it is really good. As the story unfolds, many unexpected events happened. Can't wait to watch the next episode. Is it a Japanese-manga translated drama? Good lucks to your exam.

Hi there.. how are ya ?? ahh the downloading speed is alright, sometimes its fast and then sometimes it takes forever and ever to download something.. AHH U watched Bump off lover till ep. 8 (woooow you're so lucky) i only watched 2 episodes and am dying to catch the next ep. with subs... Hm.. i have no clue if its a manga translated drama, it seems like it is but who knows :scratch: ?? ahh im so glad you like it, because i like it a lot too.. dont ya think the older brother i think his name is Zou Keqiang in the drama is soo HOT.. anyway.. ahhh Love letter is GOING REALLLLLY SLOW.. i only have the 1st ep. done (and 15 more to go) but i cant wait to see it..

the other dramas are still downlaoding. tell ya about them as soon as I have time to watch one... oki doki.. gotta go...
p.s .thxx i'll probablyl need luck.. since i was really lazy this semester.. [/quote]

buffyreg
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by buffyreg » May 2nd, '06, 15:43

Funny:Goong, Full House, My Name is Kim Sam Soon, Lovers in Paris...

Drama:Autumns Tale, Winter Sonata, Stairway to Heaven...

Currently Watching: Which Star Are You From, My Girl, Spring Waltz, Not Alone in Love/Season of Love