Which manga would you want to see 'drama-tised'?

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
sejabin

Post by sejabin » Mar 18th, '06, 04:58

Japanese version of Mars, definitely.

Jeshka

Post by Jeshka » Mar 18th, '06, 05:35

I completely agree! I'd love to see a Japanese version of MARS, my favorite manga. I've read it over and over. Sadly, I was disappointed with the Taiwanese version. My main issue was that the story took place when Rei and Kira were in college--so instead of seeming like a really screwed up (perhaps sociopathic) 16-year old, Rei was portrayed as an immature man. I felt the effect, the character development, and the obstacles the characters overcame were lost due to this. Hmmm...but who to play? A younger Kimutaku would have been perfect as Rei. But now?

Jackiki

Post by Jackiki » Mar 18th, '06, 05:44

I completely agree that HanaKimi would be awesome as a drama! Cross dressing is always fun! Hehe! And Hot Gimmick would be so awesome with Rainie! Her expressions are priceless! Oh, and a Japanese MARS would be lovely too! Though I have no complaints of ZaiZai as Rei! *sigh*

I also think Parfait Tic would be awesome - I think people could really relate to Fuuko's personality(...Though I hope they'd speed up the story - it is really slow moving!)

I also wouldn't mind seeing Othello by Satomi Ikezawa; the split identity thing is fun! :D the main actress would probably have a ton of fun with that!

xxswtiexx

Post by xxswtiexx » Mar 19th, '06, 02:57

I would love it if there was a drama on Hanakimi or on Perfect Girl Evolution! That would be so cool :P
And there are also many others I would love to end up as dramas :D

FlyByNite77

Post by FlyByNite77 » Mar 19th, '06, 03:13

A live action version of Suzuka would be nice. Although I guess Aya Ueto would be Suzuka since she's playing the leads in so many sport manga drama series ;)

I saw Deep Love mentioned and I'm not sure its that risque since Tsubasa no Oreta Tenshitach features teenage prostitutes doesn't it?

Peach Girl also wouldn't be a bad choice even though I think there was a TW live version right? Hana Yori Dango had a TW version before the Japanese version and it still was popular and a good series.

remoted

Post by remoted » Mar 19th, '06, 03:20

hana kimi would be nice....but in real life it would sort of look strange, like Amanda Bynes new movie.. she did not like a guy.

SleepyBoi

Post by SleepyBoi » Mar 19th, '06, 12:11

AWWW MAN WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS?!?!?....How could any of you guys leave out "Maison Ikkoku"...that is one of the most well known romantic comedy by Rumiko Takahashi (Inuyasha, Ranma 1/2)...that would be a great work to be made into a drama. Many other mangas in the future were influenced by this like Kimagure Orange Road and Love Hina. It was set in the 80's but if they ever made this into a drama then it should be modernized to our time... Please...someone tell me that they know what I speak of..........ok waiting......

ok ok...for anyone that feels the same way...here's my choice for the lead actors if this manga was ever made into a drama :

Godai Yusaku - Either Tsumabuki Satoshi (Orange Days,Slow Dance) or Yamada Takayuki (Sekai No Chuusin De, Waterboys,H2)....hell maybe even Matsumoto Jun (Kimi Wa Petto,

Otonashi Kyoko - Matsu Takako (Love Generation, Itsumo Futari De) or maybe even Koyuki (Kimi Wa Petto, Engine)

mrggomg

Post by mrggomg » Mar 20th, '06, 18:53

I would love to see SLAM DUNK > drama.

I remember they tried to make a movie in Hong Kong a long time ago, but they were so bad and horrible to watch.

if that happens I know Japanese writers will be able to create a totally halarious Sakuragi and Rukawa beating up each other. And oh yeah don't forget the gorilla

Oh on a side note, I remember a lonnnnnnnnnnnng(Verylong) time ago, I heard some news about slam dunk 2. Does anyone anything about it?

sejabin

Post by sejabin » Mar 20th, '06, 19:05

Jeshka wrote:I completely agree! I'd love to see a Japanese version of MARS, my favorite manga. I've read it over and over. Sadly, I was disappointed with the Taiwanese version. My main issue was that the story took place when Rei and Kira were in college--so instead of seeming like a really screwed up (perhaps sociopathic) 16-year old, Rei was portrayed as an immature man. I felt the effect, the character development, and the obstacles the characters overcame were lost due to this. Hmmm...but who to play? A younger Kimutaku would have been perfect as Rei. But now?
I agree with Rei seeming immature in the Taiwanese version. I didn't even finish the series because i got kind of annoyed (I think i watched up to episode 14). *sigh* I don't know. I'll eventually finish it. Maybe if I re-read the manga I'd be more interested to finish it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Vic Zhou but I still can't help but feel disappointed with the changes they made in the series. :-(

sejabin

Post by sejabin » Mar 20th, '06, 19:06

mrggomg wrote:I would love to see SLAM DUNK > drama.

I remember they tried to make a movie in Hong Kong a long time ago, but they were so bad and horrible to watch.

if that happens I know Japanese writers will be able to create a totally halarious Sakuragi and Rukawa beating up each other. And oh yeah don't forget the gorilla

Oh on a side note, I remember a lonnnnnnnnnnnng(Verylong) time ago, I heard some news about slam dunk 2. Does anyone anything about it?
YES! Slam Dunk would be fantastic!

Nadil
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Nadil » Mar 20th, '06, 23:35

Parfait Tic would be great as Drama I think.^^ I like this manga.... is it my favourite? :scratch:

martina_SMO

Post by martina_SMO » Mar 21st, '06, 02:07

Yes, I would love a Japanese version of Mars!! Just some weeks ago I was watching "Virgin Road" with Takashi Sorimachi, and I thought he would have been a wonderful "Rei Kashino" *__*

And also, it would be nice if "Kiss" by Tomo Matsumoto became a drama :wub:

kitsune714

Post by kitsune714 » Mar 21st, '06, 02:13

I think I'd like to see Kodocha as a drama. :) And I know that this might sound kind of crazy, but I've always wondered what a live-action version of Ranma 1/2 might look like.

breakeetdown

Post by breakeetdown » Mar 21st, '06, 14:33

Omg, I think immortal rain/meteor methuselah would be good,well maybe not, it'd be kinda odd, but maybe...has anyone even heard of this manga? Let me tell you, it's one of the best mangas out there, but for some reason it's really underestimated. 'tis a shame... :-(

neme_chan

Post by neme_chan » Mar 22nd, '06, 15:02

SleepyBoi wrote:AWWW MAN WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS?!?!?....How could any of you guys leave out "Maison Ikkoku"...that is one of the most well known romantic comedy by Rumiko Takahashi (Inuyasha, Ranma 1/2)...that would be a great work to be made into a drama. Many other mangas in the future were influenced by this like Kimagure Orange Road and Love Hina. It was set in the 80's but if they ever made this into a drama then it should be modernized to our time... Please...someone tell me that they know what I speak of..........ok waiting......

ok ok...for anyone that feels the same way...here's my choice for the lead actors if this manga was ever made into a drama :

Godai Yusaku - Either Tsumabuki Satoshi (Orange Days,Slow Dance) or Yamada Takayuki (Sekai No Chuusin De, Waterboys,H2)....hell maybe even Matsumoto Jun (Kimi Wa Petto,

Otonashi Kyoko - Matsu Takako (Love Generation, Itsumo Futari De) or maybe even Koyuki (Kimi Wa Petto, Engine)
MAISON IKKOKU!! That would be so cool!! It would make a really funny drama! I wonder why it hasn't been done already, Maison Ikkoku is quite the classic. Your choices for the casting aren't half bad...

sejabin

Post by sejabin » Mar 22nd, '06, 23:15

kitsune714 wrote:I think I'd like to see Kodocha as a drama. :) And I know that this might sound kind of crazy, but I've always wondered what a live-action version of Ranma 1/2 might look like.
Live action Ranma 1/2 would be interesting.

Nadil
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Nadil » Mar 25th, '06, 21:47

I would like to see Kare first love, its a great manga and I think would be a good drama. But it's only a wish till now. :(

Nadil
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Nadil » Mar 25th, '06, 21:50

sejabin wrote:
kitsune714 wrote:I think I'd like to see Kodocha as a drama. :) And I know that this might sound kind of crazy, but I've always wondered what a live-action version of Ranma 1/2 might look like.
Live action Ranma 1/2 would be interesting.
yeh, it would be interessting but there is a problem with two ranmas^^ ............ithis manga is just to crazy

tissa

Post by tissa » Mar 25th, '06, 21:50

Nadil wrote:I would like to see Kare first love, its a great manga and I think would be a good drama. But it's only a wish till now. :(
oh yes, that would be pretty cool as a drama. I totally agree :wub:

chibi63

Post by chibi63 » Mar 26th, '06, 08:31

Kaiketsu Zorori is No.1

Erliana2

Post by Erliana2 » Mar 26th, '06, 08:39

I think what would be good (and scandalous at the same time!!) is Hot Gimmick

oasis

Post by oasis » Mar 30th, '06, 13:40

um. pretty face. =)

Yingzi

Post by Yingzi » Mar 30th, '06, 18:46

Confidential Confessions would be cool to see dramatised

http://www.tokyopop.com/dbpage.php?prop ... rycode=BMG

Chidori-Chan

Post by Chidori-Chan » Mar 30th, '06, 23:37

actually been thinking i want to see Fruits Basket LIVE ACTION ^^

AMMYjar

Post by AMMYjar » Apr 1st, '06, 22:17

Skip Beat, Vampire Knight (a lot of bishies ;D), Parfait Tic!, Host Club

AMMYjar

Post by AMMYjar » Apr 1st, '06, 22:20

oh and I forgot power!!

AMMYjar

Post by AMMYjar » Apr 1st, '06, 22:25

piccu wrote:
Ro~Chan wrote:Aishiteruze Baby could be such an adorable drama too.
I think it would be very hard to find the actors and Actresses of Aishiteruze Baby.
Yuzuyu is supposed to be cute girl and Kokoro a beautiful girl... haven't seen any japanese actreses who meat the demands :cry: :blink :| :pale: :whistling:
I must admit that you are right! There really are no such things as beautiful or cute Japanese girls, if you compare them to Korean and Taiwanese actresses.

ali-chan

Post by ali-chan » Apr 1st, '06, 22:30

Hanakimi :wub: !!!!
I think it´d be very interesting to see 20th Century Boys in real action
but definitely Tarot Cafe :w00t: :w00t:

Kembang

Post by Kembang » Apr 5th, '06, 17:32

I can't believe I forgot to mention Weiß Kreuz!
I mean it has cool characters and a cool story,and I think it would be really cool aswell if it would be made into a Japanese live-action with the maincharacters played by a few guys of Johnny's or something ^^..(and maybe some of the Schwartz members aswell?Ohwell I've only seen the OVA so I don't really know them well)
[img]http://www.gundammodels.com/art/wkass.jpg[/img]

em_pangit

Post by em_pangit » Apr 5th, '06, 18:20

ali-chan wrote:Hanakimi :wub: !!!!
I think it´d be very interesting to see 20th Century Boys in real action
:
totally agree with you... i'd like to see Hanakimi dramtized as well it would be very interesting and very funny for sure lol.. (i guess it would be similar to that movie she's the man...) :-)

Kare first love is also a good candidate as already mentioned above... it's a sweet love story... and these ones would be ok too:
Heart
Red Lion
Penguin brothers
It's love
Get you
Gapz garden

.. and tons more... maybe some of shinjo mayu's work...hmmm.....

also, i'd like to see...
Tokyo crazy paradise
Full metal panic
Basara
Love monster

.... dramatized as well but it would be very very tough to turn them into drama that is watchable and it might not end up good...

i would also like to see a japanese version of Mars. i didn't really like the taiwan version, cuz to me it seemed so awkward and thought zaizai didn't really fit in that kind of role... then maybe it's just me... :-(

well these are all the titles i could remember atm... but HANAKIMI is my number 1 wish to be dramatized.....*chanting* hanakimi.. hanakimi.. hanakimi.. :w00t:

ouky

Post by ouky » Apr 13th, '06, 20:56

well there's a lot.
I think I's would be great if they find really cute girls :wub:

Seriously, I'd really like to see rookies in drama, especially because it's one of my favorite manga and because it's like some coll dramas (ex : Gokusen ).

You're right, 20th century boy would be great too.

And the best : Yakitate Japan héhéhé

aznchic209

Post by aznchic209 » Apr 17th, '06, 08:03

My first thought was HOT GIMMICK too! Right after I finished reading Volumes 1, 2, 3, and 4, I wished it was turned into a drama series, but after reading about Devil Beside You and watching a few episodes, I saw some similarities between the two (not too much, but a little) and I was happy that at least the whole “You-be-my-slave-or-I’ll-reveal-your-secret” plot was similar. I think Bi would make a great Ryoki and Rainie would make a cute Hatsumi but it’s not possible with one being Korean and the other being Taiwanese; however, I think that if it were to be made into a drama, it’d be better if it was in Japanese or Taiwanese…I couldn’t imagine it being in Korean…besides, “Goong” and “Full House?”

Leina

Post by Leina » Apr 17th, '06, 08:30

A lot of people have mentioned this one already, but I'd love to see the The Wallflower as a drama. Another manga that would look great as a drama would be Girl Got Game. Actually, any manga that has some kind of girl dresses up as a boy element would be really interesting to watch.

Oh, and I thought or someone who reminds me a bit of Sunako. Horikita Maki from Nobuta wo Produce. I think I just thought o her though because Nobuta reminded me a bit of Sunaka when I first saw her ^^o

I'm not sure how many people here like shounen-ai or yaoi, bu i'd just like to see any shounen-ai manga turned into a drama ^^o I guess the first one that comes to mind is Gravitation. I'd also love to see FAKE.

Wolfsbane68

Post by Wolfsbane68 » Apr 17th, '06, 12:12

Leina wrote:I'm not sure how many people here like shounen-ai or yaoi, bu i'd just like to see any shounen-ai manga turned into a drama ^^o I guess the first one that comes to mind is Gravitation. I'd also love to see FAKE.
I am a regular over at aarinfantasy but couldn't stand FAKE from start to finish. The first several vols of Graviation were pretty good, so if they can only dramatize the story up until K's ex-wife appears, I'd be all for it. My real favorite candidate though is "I will shout!" and "Boku no Koe" when it gets more volumes (Nitta can drop "Haru wo" for all I care).

Leina

Post by Leina » Apr 17th, '06, 17:07

Wolfsbane68 wrote:
Leina wrote:I'm not sure how many people here like shounen-ai or yaoi, bu i'd just like to see any shounen-ai manga turned into a drama ^^o I guess the first one that comes to mind is Gravitation. I'd also love to see FAKE.
I am a regular over at aarinfantasy but couldn't stand FAKE from start to finish. The first several vols of Graviation were pretty good, so if they can only dramatize the story up until K's ex-wife appears, I'd be all for it. My real favorite candidate though is "I will shout!" and "Boku no Koe" when it gets more volumes (Nitta can drop "Haru wo" for all I care).
Well, I didn't think the anime for FAKE was that awesome. I really liked the manga for it ^^o

Have you ever heard of Only The Ring Finger Knows? It's a wonderful one-volume manga.... that would be so nice to see as a drama ^^o

pudding fiend

Post by pudding fiend » Apr 18th, '06, 02:51

^Only the RIng Finger Knows was such a sweet story. I'd love to see it dramatized too.

Other mangas that I'd wanna see turned into dramas would be Aishiteruze Baby, Koukou Debut, Kare First Love, or Hana-kimi. Aishiteruze Baby's my favorite manga of all time, and I'd think it'd turn out to be really cute if it were dramatized.

ali-chan

Post by ali-chan » Apr 18th, '06, 08:32

Leina wrote:Have you ever heard of Only The Ring Finger Knows? It's a wonderful one-volume manga.... that would be so nice to see as a drama ^^o
I´m soooo agree with you!! such a sweet story like this should be dramatised :wub:
Wolfsbane68 wrote:My real favorite candidate though is "I will shout!" and "Boku no Koe" when it gets more volumes (Nitta can drop "Haru wo" for all I care).
oh, my!!! haru is my favorite yaoi manga :goggle: , don´t you like it??.. of course, Boku no koe is a very good one :mrgreen:

Wolfsbane68

Post by Wolfsbane68 » Apr 18th, '06, 11:43

ali-chan wrote:
Leina wrote:Have you ever heard of Only The Ring Finger Knows? It's a wonderful one-volume manga.... that would be so nice to see as a drama ^^o
I´m soooo agree with you!! such a sweet story like this should be dramatised :wub:
Wolfsbane68 wrote:My real favorite candidate though is "I will shout!" and "Boku no Koe" when it gets more volumes (Nitta can drop "Haru wo" for all I care).
oh, my!!! haru is my favorite yaoi manga :goggle: , don´t you like it??.. of course, Boku no koe is a very good one :mrgreen:
Can't stand Katou (Iwaki doesn't irritate me all that much but still rather *meh*). And in yet another disagreement with the popular adoration of the Ring Finger, if I wanted your stereotypical boy-girl interaction, I'd have gone for the real thing with shoujo (which I don't). BTW, the novel has been licensed a while ago.

And I never saw the FAKE OVA, manga was bad enough :-(

Talking about shoujo, can't believe Kare Kano hasn't been dramatized yet.

akirin

Post by akirin » Apr 28th, '06, 04:38

fruits basket would be nicee =] but I realli wanna see detective conan drama-tized >3< I mean, come on, if there's a drama version of kindaichi, then y not conan? Plus, I think it'd make an execellent drama

hmm_yeh

Post by hmm_yeh » Apr 29th, '06, 16:18

hmm.. I'd like to see more of intial d. I'm into all that racing thing. I know they've already made a movie out of the anime but I was yearning for more when the movie finished. Well that's just me.

Ooh.. I wish they could do something with Fushigi Yuugi. I loved that anime. It's just hard to imagine how they'll go about dramatising it. :scratch:

Tomi

Post by Tomi » Apr 29th, '06, 19:51

Paradise Kiss...it would be very interesting to watch and Kare Kano, because I've always thought that this series deserved a LA despite the ending.

mallepa

Post by mallepa » Apr 29th, '06, 19:54

For me, definitely Hot Gimmick!! *o* I love it, and I haven't really finished reading it... but it would be cool to see~ :D

aibakaneko

Post by aibakaneko » Apr 29th, '06, 20:22

I think this is PEFECT!! hhehehe.. i made this a while back toprove my point that Jun and Shun make GREAT cast for this manga

Parfait Tic
it's great as a dramam cuz the story line is long enough.. and cute enough. eheheh

[img]http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/9486/parfait2tq.jpg[/img]

neme_chan

Post by neme_chan » Apr 30th, '06, 00:56

aibakaneko wrote:I think this is PEFECT!! hhehehe.. i made this a while back toprove my point that Jun and Shun make GREAT cast for this manga

Parfait Tic
it's great as a dramam cuz the story line is long enough.. and cute enough. eheheh

absolutely perfect!! both actors fit the roles really well!! someone send this idea to a tv producer :D

wishful_thinking

Post by wishful_thinking » Apr 30th, '06, 02:23

fushigi yuugi! :wub:

jonasr_jp

Post by jonasr_jp » Apr 30th, '06, 14:10

i would love to see Kare first love dramatized \(^_^)/

Snak3yezZ

Post by Snak3yezZ » May 1st, '06, 16:46

Look like you guyz doesn't have the same taste as I do...
It would be : - Slam Dunk
-Gantz
-Shaman king
- Beck
-Gto
-Bleach ....
-Prince of tennis
-Etc..

They are plenty of love drama...stop that already... O.o
Fruit Basket would be more for girl...I dont think any guyz would actually like that but nyways!

Crazy Penguin

Post by Crazy Penguin » May 1st, '06, 17:08

Neon Genesis Evangelion, though casting Ayanami Rei would be a **** (Kuriyama Chiaki, the younger one of the Maeda Sisters or Suzuki An maybe, or wait a few years until Fukuda Mayuko is old enough (given her performances so far she'd be one SCARY Rei)). There is, apparently a western movie based on it in the planning stages, but... I fear that since they'll mess up the NGE characters (Rei being not Japanese without blue hair and red eyes? Oh boy... fubar).

I was tempted to say Basilisk, but that has already been done (movie "Shinobi" with Odagiri Jo and Nakama Yukie). Saikano has also been done already (can't wait for the DVD to be released in June, after all, it has the younger one of the Maeda Sisters, Aki, as Chise), Vagabond has been done countless of times (just count all the Musashi movies and series).

Barefoot in Hiroshima would be interesting to see. The manga is... oi...

Wolfsbane68

Post by Wolfsbane68 » May 2nd, '06, 12:24

Snak3yezZ wrote:Look like you guyz doesn't have the same taste as I do...
It would be : - Slam Dunk
-Gantz
-Shaman king
- Beck
-Gto
-Bleach ....
-Prince of tennis
-Etc..

They are plenty of love drama...stop that already... O.o
Fruit Basket would be more for girl...I dont think any guyz would actually like that but nyways!
Hasn't GTO been dramatized already? Bleach, the second version of the musical is *really* good. The live action Prince of Tennis movie will be out in about two weeks. Slam Dunk, only if they do it just right. Shaman King *shrug* Never bothered to get the second volume.

ali-chan

Post by ali-chan » May 3rd, '06, 08:49

yepp, GTO has been already dramatised time ago, even with a movie :blink
Crazy Penguin wrote:I was tempted to say Basilisk, but that has already been done (movie "Shinobi"
It´s the same with Nana, it has a movie already, but I´d had wanted a drama instead, because with just a movie, there´re lots of thing that are unexplained :unsure:

Starlightkitty7

Post by Starlightkitty7 » May 3rd, '06, 14:06

Umm...well...From Far Away would be nice to watch. ^__^

Crazy Penguin

Post by Crazy Penguin » May 3rd, '06, 15:45

ali-chan wrote:It´s the same with Nana, it has a movie already, but I´d had wanted a drama instead, because with just a movie, there´re lots of thing that are unexplained :unsure:
Yeah. I haven't seen Shinobi yet, but I don't think it's possible to squeeze all 5 parts of the manga into some 2 hours of film (not to mention the original book the manga is based on).

aibakaneko

Post by aibakaneko » May 4th, '06, 05:24

neme_chan wrote:
aibakaneko wrote:I think this is PEFECT!! hhehehe.. i made this a while back toprove my point that Jun and Shun make GREAT cast for this manga

Parfait Tic

absolutely perfect!! both actors fit the roles really well!! someone send this idea to a tv producer :D

ahahahha.. i would SOOOOO follow every episode if it make it to TV. lol

alcozar

Post by alcozar » May 4th, '06, 23:12

Slam Dunk has already been dramatised (sort of). Check out MVP Valentine. I think they are doing a Prince of Tennis movie atm.

ilot

Post by ilot » May 4th, '06, 23:38

alcozar wrote:Slam Dunk has already been dramatised (sort of). Check out MVP Valentine. I think they are doing a Prince of Tennis movie atm.
I watched MVP valentine before but it's different from slam dunk. The character in MVP valentine are also different from Slam Dunk. I am really looking foward for Slam Dunk to be dramatised.

Beck and parfait tic are also possible to be dramatised.

KoujiDaisuki76

Post by KoujiDaisuki76 » May 4th, '06, 23:56

may seem odd... but they dramatized sailor mon.. so... i would like to see Rurouni Kenshin or the beginning OVA's...trust and betrayal.... ^_^X that would be SOOO coolll

Wolfsbane68

Post by Wolfsbane68 » May 5th, '06, 08:18

KoujiDaisuki76 wrote:may seem odd... but they dramatized sailor mon.. so... i would like to see Rurouni Kenshin or the beginning OVA's...trust and betrayal.... ^_^X that would be SOOO coolll
I dunno, Kenshin's leaps look awsome in anime but would probably be too "wireworky" in live action (I still have bad flashbacks to "Hero").

Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog » May 8th, '06, 13:36

I will be so happy that I'd start crying if MatsuJun and Oguri Shun ever act in a Live Action of Parfait Tic. I love the manga, although it's been getting kinda draggy recently. But who will act as Fuuko though? Can't be too pretty, but needs to look good in curly hair and be likeable.

Anyway, anime/manga that I would want to see made into Live Action -

Honey & Clover - I know the movie is coming out soon, but I just don't think a 2 hour long movie will do the story justice at all. There's so much complex interplay of relationships in the manga - hello, somebody so needs to make a LA for this manga.

Ouran High School Host Club - I love the anime, it was such a kick to watch the antics of the guys in the Host Club. My ideal Live Action would be getting all the pretty boys from Johnny Jimusho to be the host club members.

Elfen Lied - Just imagine the gore...

hakumei

Post by hakumei » May 11th, '06, 04:19

Oh! Interesting thread....I would like to see Ayano Yamane's Crimson Spell dramatized, or anything really by her...I really have not ever heard of/seen any dramas taken from Yaoi manga. That or Princess Princess Dramatized.

Ha...here is a good one, Gundam Wing!

expo1970

Post by expo1970 » May 11th, '06, 04:23

Urasawa Naoki's Monster or 20th century boys

†SiNzHu†

Post by †SiNzHu† » May 11th, '06, 05:25

I'd really love it if the anime "Girl Got Game" was dramatized hahaha! its about a girl who goes to a boys school disguised as a guy to play basketball and stuff. She trys not to reveal her secrets and there are hella interesting parts to the story. but if this was already dramatized then please let meh know ^_^ Who will play as the characters tho?

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/ ... ic/ggg.jpg[/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/ ... /power.gif[/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/ ... /manga.jpg[/img]

Wolfsbane68

Post by Wolfsbane68 » May 11th, '06, 09:20

hakumei wrote:Oh! Interesting thread....I would like to see Ayano Yamane's Crimson Spell dramatized, or anything really by her...I really have not ever heard of/seen any dramas taken from Yaoi manga. That or Princess Princess Dramatized.

Ha...here is a good one, Gundam Wing!
You PriPri wish is about to come true: http://drama-pripri.jp/ :-) Personally, can't stand anything even remotely resembling Nazi unforms though.

hakumei

Post by hakumei » May 11th, '06, 17:48

Wolfsbane68 wrote: You PriPri wish is about to come true: http://drama-pripri.jp/ :-) Personally, can't stand anything even remotely resembling Nazi unforms though.
Ah! thats crazy...(I do not like the actors they picked though to portray the boys.) but yeah thats awesome, wonder if it'll be any good though, probably hilarious. Thanks! and I agree with the uniform thing :lol

taro

Post by taro » May 11th, '06, 18:01

Seeing how Shimokita Glory Days is being done with AV idols, someone in another thread I think mentioned they should do a L/A dorama of Golden Boy. The perv in me would love that. Would prob have to follow the anime story line more, the manga gets too extreme. They'd have to find a good comic actor, I think the female parts wouldn't have to be as challenging so i think they could pull it off with A/V-gravure idols.
There are shows I didn't realize were manga, from many years back Hotel was popular here & I didn't realize it was a manga until I stumbled acroos it at store.

MissMonika

Post by MissMonika » May 12th, '06, 05:19

I'd love to see Fruits Basket made into a drama. Since it's my favorite manga, that would just make my day. :mrgreen:

anyala

Post by anyala » May 12th, '06, 05:45

I dunno the korean title...

but it;s called " Shi Hwa Mung" ....the story is about three sisters (triplet)... separated when they're young....and the story started when the father try to reunited three of them...

the triplets have a different characters...i can tell much details coz i've only read until 5th series...but it's really interesting and all the guys are very cute and charming (esp the one from japan...) hahhaha....he could speak korean i presumed...

beldaran

Post by beldaran » May 12th, '06, 06:32

i think it would be interesting to see skip beat by nakamura yoshiki out as a drama... (it would be intereting to see tokyo crazy paradise in another medium, too... but i'm really wary about how it may turn out)

one also wonders about sekai de ichiban daikirai by hidaka banri.... or gokinjo monogatari by yazawa ai...

(and i want to see the lovely*complex movie with koike teppei already XD)

meagermiser5

Post by meagermiser5 » May 12th, '06, 09:46

I wouldn't mind seeing Oh My Goddess dramatized. CG technology nowadays is advanced enough to make the special effects not only look incredible but also believable, which has always been in need of polishing to me. Plus, I have yet to read the whole series through; this would give me a nice quick rundown of what happens (probably. i know how writers change things up a bit). Anyway, it would just be interesting to see Belldandy and her sisters portrayed by actual people (and cosplay doesn't count).

Kembang

Post by Kembang » May 16th, '06, 19:37

Hedgehog wrote: Ouran High School Host Club - I love the anime, it was such a kick to watch the antics of the guys in the Host Club. My ideal Live Action would be getting all the pretty boys from Johnny Jimusho to be the host club members.
Oh I sooo agree with that :lol !!

Hmm people are really posting interesting titles and stuff here, it's really fun to read everyone's 'manga->drama' dreams =P..

taro

Post by taro » May 16th, '06, 22:36

If done well, that would be a great title. From what I've seen of the anime
there isn't anything so outrageous that would be difficult in live action.
Need good acting though, it's driven by situations and characters.
Who would be Haruhi? From her role back in Kinpachi Sensei brings
Ueto Aya to mind. I think it would work well!
Kembang wrote:
Hedgehog wrote: Ouran High School Host Club - I love the anime, it was such a kick to watch the antics of the guys in the Host Club. My ideal Live Action would be getting all the pretty boys from Johnny Jimusho to be the host club members.
Oh I sooo agree with that :lol !!

Hmm people are really posting interesting titles and stuff here, it's really fun to read everyone's 'manga->drama' dreams =P..

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » May 16th, '06, 22:41

I think WolfFlower would be pretty good.
Its quite funny. 1 Girl, 4 good looking guys living in one house and these 4 guys are broke and they have to turn the girl into a "real" girl or they have to pay 3x the rent and what not.
Its high school for these kids or so....so yea. It would be nice to see something to the high school drama scene.

I agree with Ouran High School. It should be turn into a drama

nikoru

Post by nikoru » Jul 21st, '06, 23:37

Doraemon? Haha only kidding! Kiddies cartoon dramatisations suck! Like that chibi maruko chan. I cringed throughout that! Comics were good though.

Seriously though, I'd like to see 'Crows' & 'Worst' become a drama. Imagine all the sexy men they would have to cast!!! Sweaty, aggresive, arrogant, strong, cool, muscular, sexy fighting high-school men with great clothes and a kick-ass attitude. And its not the actual fighting that I like, its the comical momments, the friendships, the brotherhood, the passion....everything that make me envious, wishing I was a bloke.

If this ever became a drama I would go to fatal lengths to ensure I don't miss an episode. But the truth is its probably too explicit and violent to air... And most young Japanese make actors are too lanky...
http://www.repair-co.jp/crows.html
http://www.hk-gensen.com/gallery/tattoo/Crows.htm
http://www1.plala.or.jp/ice-men/

Dunno why but I can only seem to find images of Budosen-sen the Biker gang rather than the other guys. I guess the Biker guys are 'cooler' and more serious compared to the comedic school guys so there are more fans...

[img]http://www.e-yamashiroya.com/f/5f/crows/2/set.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.e-yamashiroya.com/f/5f/crows ... er/500.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www1.plala.or.jp/ice-men/Haru.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www1.plala.or.jp/ice-men/22busoh.jpg[/img]
Last edited by nikoru on Jul 21st, '06, 23:51, edited 1 time in total.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Jul 21st, '06, 23:47

definitely agree with the ouran host club and je boys. LoL, i think this conversation was totally being held in the ouran host club thread of who would be who.

i think the wallflower would be a good idea.. but part of me thinks not. in the manga the guys are all 15 (they are high shcool but i'd hope they change the ages a bit)... i think half of the humor too is the main character going from chibi to gorgeous.. which would be hard to duplicate (i don't mean literally duplicating chibi to real). but if done well it'd be a really funny good drama.

NoNameFace

Post by NoNameFace » Jul 27th, '06, 22:55

†SiNzHu† wrote:I'd really love it if the anime "Girl Got Game" was dramatized hahaha! its about a girl who goes to a boys school disguised as a guy to play basketball and stuff. She trys not to reveal her secrets and there are hella interesting parts to the story. but if this was already dramatized then please let meh know ^_^ Who will play as the characters tho?

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/ ... ic/ggg.jpg[/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/ ... /power.gif[/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/ ... /manga.jpg[/img]
I love this manga, too! I would die if they drama-tized it. :w00t:

Hmm, who should be cast?

Hana Kimi is being drama-tised and HK and GGG is similar in some aspects. So er... :P

kyou_enna

Post by kyou_enna » Jul 28th, '06, 20:16

I wouldn't mind seeing something like Ouran High School Host Club, or Kill me Kiss me being turned into a drama. Fruits Basket would've been cool, but I don't know how they'd be able to pull off their transformations without making it look kinda corny ^^;;.