[Tutorial] How to Convert AVI to Standard DVD for TV

Discuss technical and geeky things here.
kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Mar 9th, '06, 00:18

saigo_x wrote:Can you explain the audio settings for DVD2SVCD? In the setup instructions all it says is "setup audio", but just above the FAQ it seems to say BeSweet will not encode the audio.
I hope that is not too confusing. Just set the audio parameters as you see them in the tutorial picture and you will be fine. To further explain, BeSweet does not convert directly from the AVI. DVD2SVCD uses a program called MadPlay to convert the audio, then it is converted by BeSweet.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Mar 9th, '06, 00:26

doom89757 wrote:I was wondering , if wat processors is the best to to do all these video encoding & burn stuff??Coz i think this process is very long, do we really need a Dual Core processor??
Hmmm. That sounds like a trick question. :-) The best processor is a dual core processor, but you don't have to have one. If you have multiple processors, that is also very good, but again you don't have to have that. If you don't at least have a processor that will support SSE2, then it will take extremely long.

There are ways to make the process shorter if you want to sacrifice quality for speed. You can also put less episodes on a disc for better quality and do a shorter encoding time, but it will use more DVDs.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Mar 9th, '06, 00:41

kht2015 wrote:
kyuuketsuki wrote:
kht2015 wrote:Hello Kyuuketsuki,
I am running into a problem with 1 AVI. When I loaded into DVD2SVCD, it said: "The original video framerate of 29.965 is not supported. The framerate will be adjusted". The transcoding process took over 12 hours. After it's finished encoding, when I try to play the mpeg file, it does not have any sound. I've never run into any problem like this. Is there a way to solve this? All other mpeg files I've encoded have sounds, except this one. Is there a way for me to add the sound when I use DVDAUTHORGUI? Are these problems related?

Thank you.
There are a few things we can try. You should be able to convert the video and audio separately and since it took 12 hours to encode the video, let's just try and do the audio. First, can you post your dvd2svcd log file so I can see where things went wrong. Also, let me know if you have an mpv file or an "encoded_pulldown.mpv" file.
I don't have the log anymore :whistling: I will save it the next time if I have any problem.
And I checked and I did not have the "encoded_pulldown.mpv" file.
What do you suggest I can do now? Thank you.
ok a few questions.
How many mpv files do you have in your output directory?
Have you checked to make sure you can hear and see your AVI in Windows Media Player?
Do you have an MP2 file in your output directory?

This may result in an AVI that the audio and video are out of sync, but let's try this first to keep you from encoding again.

Download and install the OggDirectShowFilter. You can find it by doing a google search. Then go to http://dspguru.doom9.net/ click on the plugins, download the VOBInput.dll and put it in your dvd2svcd\BeSweet folder.
This will enable you to convert the audio directly from an AVI.

Open up a DOS/CMD prompt and type this: "C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\BeSweet\BeSweet.exe" -core( -input "YOUR_MOVIE.avi" -output "YOUR_MOVIE.mp2" -logfile "audio.log" ) -ota( -g max ) -shibatch( --rate 48000 ) -2lame( -e -b 192 -m s )

replace "YOUR_MOVIE" with the name of your avi.

Let me know if that works. if it does, you can use that MP2 and the MPV that you already have created.

WhiteHell

program for batch conversions

Post by WhiteHell » Mar 14th, '06, 02:16

Hi kyuuketsuki,

i would love to have the program for batch conversions that you were talking on 04 Aug 2005.

Or can u tell me how to make one too.

kht2015

Post by kht2015 » Mar 14th, '06, 02:20

Hi kyuuketsuki,
Yes, me too, please share with us the batch program.
Thank you.

WhiteHell

oups email adress

Post by WhiteHell » Mar 14th, '06, 03:12

I forgot my email adress, if u can send me the program at nini_ung@hotmail.com

thanx a lot

kyuuketsuki

Re: program for batch conversions

Post by kyuuketsuki » Mar 14th, '06, 04:36

WhiteHell wrote:Hi kyuuketsuki,

i would love to have the program for batch conversions that you were talking on 04 Aug 2005.

Or can u tell me how to make one too.
Hi kyuuketsuki,
Yes, me too, please share with us the batch program.
Thank you.
Well, since this is an asian drama site, I'm not sure how d-addicts feels about me posting a program that I wrote for batch converting avi 2 dvd. So I've been asking people to PM or email me with their emails and I have been just sending it to them that way.

The batch program is actually pretty nice and simple to use. It only has 2 buttons. Add and GO. :-)

Kht2015, the program might actually fix your audio problem. PM or email me your email address.

trangstar

Post by trangstar » Mar 14th, '06, 18:29

--------------------------------------------------------
- 3/14/2006 12:27:09 PM
- Free on drive C: 58695.80 mb
- AUDIO Extraction
Checking C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Extracted_audio_1.ac3
I/O error 998 Invalid access to memory location
Everytime I try and hit Go to convert it always show this, and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong because I tried multiple times again to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong but I still end up with the same result. :(((((((((((

xingzz

Post by xingzz » Mar 14th, '06, 23:31

I have 2 questions!

i use nerovision to burn my avi/mpeg/wma files, and it automatically convert it to dvd supported files like vob, but why is one file taking so much space, like when i upload a 200mb avi file it says on the indicator that its taking up over 2GB! is it suppose to be like that? can i reduce the size so i can put more files on one dvd? especially for dramas cause they have to many epis >>

also whats the average time for buring a dvd file? mine is taking over 3 hours just burning a 200mb avi (over as the indicator says 2GB)

thanks a lot^^

WhiteHell

Nero 6

Post by WhiteHell » Mar 15th, '06, 01:00

Oh about that, i do have a question... I just found out too that Nero can convert avi, mpg movies to VCD or SVCD....

It is so easy but it cost so many cds... Like 1 avi movie (300 meg) takes me 20 min to convert and 5 min to burn. But its only a vcd cd (normal one). Is it possible to burn them on DVD?

I would like to put more vcd format on 1 DVD cd... Is it possible? Or do i have to convert movie to mpeg and then what... hummm is my dvd going to read them... i should try that. But there wont have a menu....

groink

Re: Nero 6

Post by groink » Mar 15th, '06, 01:38

WhiteHell wrote:I would like to put more vcd format on 1 DVD cd... Is it possible? Or do i have to convert movie to mpeg and then what... hummm is my dvd going to read them... i should try that. But there wont have a menu....
Read my comments about VCDs at the end of this post...

For SVCD video files, all you have to do is FAKE the DVD authoring software into thinking that the MPEG-2 file is actually 352x480. You can do this by editing the MPEG-2 file's header using DVDPatcher. Patching a MPEG-2 file does not re-rip the video. It's a 0.0000352 second process. Once patched, any DVD authoring software won't bug you about the file being incompatible. I've also tried these patched files on several DVD players, with 100-percent success. Some PC-based media players like WMP and BSPlayer might freak out when you attempt to play a patched file, but that's because unlike a DVD player, these software-based video players don't make a huge effort to sync up with the video.

You can find DVDPatcher here:

http://www.wincesoft.de/DVDPatcher_v106.zip

From there:

1) Make a backup of the MPEG-2 480x480 file. NEVER PATCH YOUR ONLY COPY!

2) Run DVDPatcher.

3) Click the Browse button on the top right corner to locate your MPEG-2 file.

4) Once the file has been opened, take note of the Bitrate value on the right column. For example, my MPEG-2 file's bitrate is 2140000.

5) In the "Patch MPEG-2 File to" section on the left side, make the following changes:

a) Change "Bitrate" to custom, and enter the bitrate you obtained in step 4. In my case, I'd type in 2140000.
b) Change the Horizontal pixel size to 352. (I'm serious!!!)
c) Leave the Vertical pixel size at 480.
d) Leave the Framerate is set to 29.97 fps (NTSC).
e) Leave the Patch setting to First header only.

6) Click "Patch now!", and then click the Start button.

7) Quit DVDPatcher.

8 ) Open your favorite DVD authoring tool (I use TMPGEnc DVD Author).

9) Bring the patched MPEG-2 file into your DVD authoring project.

10) You might run into a message like "The video GOP is too long". Just ignore it. Most people on videohelp.com says to ignore it.

That should do it! When you play the video, you may see a glitch on the first 1/4sec of the video. That's because the DVD player is trying to play it at 352x480. Once it sees the rest of the file, it'll figure out the file is REALLY 480x480, so the rest of the video will play fine. Patching is MUCH better than re-ripping the file to DVD specs.

As for MPEG-1 files (VCD at 352x240), you should be able to copy the DAT file from the VCD into a MPG file using VCDGear, and then add the MPG file into the DVD project. The only problem you might run into is when you try adding the MPG file to a project that contains video of resolutions other than 352x240. So it is best that you develop one DVD project for just VCD-formatted content, and anothe project for everything else.

--- groink

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Mar 15th, '06, 14:30

trangstar wrote:
- 3/14/2006 12:27:09 PM
- Free on drive C: 58695.80 mb
- AUDIO Extraction
Checking C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Extracted_audio_1.ac3
I/O error 998 Invalid access to memory location
Everytime I try and hit Go to convert it always show this, and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong because I tried multiple times again to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong but I still end up with the same result. :(((((((((((
Hmmm I don't think I've ever seen that error before.
First, make sure you have the audio codec for your AVI.

Other things you could try are on your audio tab you could try changing your audio extraction from VFW to internally. You could also try to convert the audio to a different format using Virtual Dub. Do a direct stream video and full processing audio with 16-bit 48khz stereo.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Mar 15th, '06, 14:45

Oh about that, i do have a question... I just found out too that Nero can convert avi, mpg movies to VCD or SVCD....

It is so easy but it cost so many cds... Like 1 avi movie (300 meg) takes me 20 min to convert and 5 min to burn. But its only a vcd cd (normal one). Is it possible to burn them on DVD?

I would like to put more vcd format on 1 DVD cd... Is it possible? Or do i have to convert movie to mpeg and then what... hummm is my dvd going to read them... i should try that. But there wont have a menu....
I have 2 questions!

i use nerovision to burn my avi/mpeg/wma files, and it automatically convert it to dvd supported files like vob, but why is one file taking so much space, like when i upload a 200mb avi file it says on the indicator that its taking up over 2GB! is it suppose to be like that? can i reduce the size so i can put more files on one dvd? especially for dramas cause they have to many epis >>

also whats the average time for buring a dvd file? mine is taking over 3 hours just burning a 200mb avi (over as the indicator says 2GB)

thanks a lot^^
Last time I checked, Nero does a pretty bad job of converting the video. Also, I'm not completely sure, but I doubt they take care of the overscan problem or handle softsubs. You can convert to VCD or SVCD like Groink explained, but I would not recommend it. The resolution of a VCD is much lower than DVD. If you don't want to use the tutorial, you might want to check videohelp.com for some all-in-one AVI to DVD converters instead of going through the trouble to convert avi to vcd to dvd. There are some converters that will create menus for you too.

The reason that it takes 3 hours to burn a 200 mb avi is most likely it is doing the video conversion to DVD format. Also it is trying to fill your DVD to get the best video possible. Since there is about 4.7 GB on a DVD it will try and use as much as it can.

cheese

Post by cheese » Mar 15th, '06, 22:25

[img]http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/6210 ... ed25pk.jpg[/img]
i don't know why this is happening... help?

[img]http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/5292 ... ed33wu.jpg[/img]
i can't seen to change the mode from ac3 to mpa as the tutorial screenshot showed
i'm wondering if this was one of reasons why screenshot #1 appeared like that? <_<

and here's my attempt at conversion anyways but as expected, the picture turns out blurry at the end like screenshot #1
[img]http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/7595 ... 0051vm.jpg[/img]
WNASPI32.DLL 0.0.0.0
WNASPI32.DLL 0.0.0.0
WNASPI32.DLL 0.0.0.0
- 3/14/2006 5:12:33 PM
- AVI to SVCD Conversion
- AVI2DVD ver. 1.2.3 build 1
Initializing
- C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\asian dramas\My Sassy Girl\My Sassy Girl (2001).avi
Initializing finished.

- 3/14/2006 5:12:36 PM
- Free on drive C: 75637.09 mb
- AUDIO Extraction
Checking C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Extracted_audio_1.ac3
Audio extraction finished.

- 3/14/2006 5:15:40 PM
- Free on drive C: 75510.83 mb
- AUDIO conversion
- 3/14/2006 5:15:43 PM
- Free on drive C: 75510.82 mb
- AUDIO conversion

Encoding Audio. Filename: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Extracted_audio_1.ac3
Executing BeSweet. Commandline:
"C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\DVD2SVCD\BeSweet\BeSweet.exe" -core( -input "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Extracted_audio_1.ac3" -output "C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\MYDOCU~1\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Encoded_audio_1.mp2" -logfile "C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\MYDOCU~1\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Encoded_audio_1.log" ) -azid( -L -3db -l 0db -c normal -s surround -g max ) -shibatch( --rate 48000 ) -2lame( -e -b 224 -m s )
Audio conversion of C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Extracted_audio_1.ac3 finished.

Audio conversion finished.

- 3/14/2006 5:27:31 PM
- Free on drive C: 75290.20 mb
- Video Encoding using QuEnc
StreamSectors: 4666096988
AudioSectors: 234507868
VideoPAPO: 68647680
ScanOffsetBytes: 297119
SeqAligningBytes: 18883531
DVDBytes: 0
VideoEndHeader: 4
SubtitleSectors: 0
EmptySectors: 238.00
PictureSectors: 0.00
PureMPEGStream: 4343760786.17
Seconds: 8263.55
CalcMPEGStream: 4343760786.17
Frames: 198079
CDSize: 4464.00
Number of CDs: 1
Cut point 4460.00

Executing QuEnc. Commandline:
"C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\QuEnc.exe" -i "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\DVD2SVCD\Movie\AviSynth_Script_file.avs" -o "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Encoded_Video_QuEnc_NTSC.mpv" -b 4205 -maxbitrate 8000 -2 -gopsize 12 -maxbframes 2 -dc 10 -auto -close -mpeg2 -trell -nocgop -nointerlaced -extreme -hq -scene -nocmatrix -aspectratio 4:3
- 3/15/2006 8:12:21 AM
- Free on drive C: 72234.52 mb
- Video Pulldown
Executing Pulldown. Commandline:
"C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\DVD2SVCD\pulldown\pulldown.exe" "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Encoded_Video_QuEnc_NTSC.mpv" "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Pulldown_Encoded_Video_NTSC.mpv" -prog_frames p
Video pulldown finished.

- 3/15/2006 8:21:32 AM
- Free on drive C: 69155.93 mb
- Multiplexing Audio and Video
Executing MPlex. Commandline:
"C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\DVD2SVCD\DVDAuthor\mplex.exe" -f 8 -o "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\DVD2SVCD\Movie\MPlex_Muxed_File00.mpg" "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Pulldown_Encoded_Video_NTSC.mpv" "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Encoded_audio_1.mp2"
- 3/15/2006 8:32:38 AM
- Free on drive C: 65765.63 mb
- Determining length of audio
Analyzing: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\DVD2SVCD\Movie\MPlex_Muxed_File00.mpg
8259.572 seconds C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\DVD2SVCD\Movie\MPlex_Muxed_File00.mpg
Analyzing finished.

Image creation finished.

- 3/15/2006 8:38:09 AM
- Free on drive C: 65765.62 mb
- Conversion done!

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Mar 16th, '06, 05:51

cheese wrote:[img]http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/6210 ... ed25pk.jpg[/img]
i don't know why this is happening... help?

[img]http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/5292 ... ed33wu.jpg[/img]
i can't seen to change the mode from ac3 to mpa as the tutorial screenshot showed
i'm wondering if this was one of reasons why screenshot #1 appeared like that? <_<
You almost got it. Don't worry about changing the audio from AC3. Just leave it as is. AC3 is the audio from your avi.

The reason the picture is stretched like that is because you used the wrong frameserve parameters. Load the AVI into FitCD and make sure you are copying the correct parameters to your avisynth script in the Frameserve tab.

Also, it looks like your MPG size is 4460 MB. You will only be able to get 1 avi per DVD if you use that number.

cheese

Post by cheese » Mar 17th, '06, 00:54

thank you very much !!! :lol
after following your instructions, the rest was easy. thanks again ^____^

darkrazor

Help on this

Post by darkrazor » Mar 17th, '06, 08:45

Ok, here is my situation.. I tried the steps here and I just finished the encoding...

My question is, why are there so many files made after the encoding process??

I have attached here the screenshot of the files made...

[img]http://i2.tinypic.com/rkrevb.png[/img]

kyuuketsuki

Re: Help on this

Post by kyuuketsuki » Mar 18th, '06, 16:05

darkrazor wrote:Ok, here is my situation.. I tried the steps here and I just finished the encoding...

My question is, why are there so many files made after the encoding process??

I have attached here the screenshot of the files made...

[img]http://i2.tinypic.com/rkrevb.png[/img]
After encoding, you only need 1 file which is your MPG file. The rest of the files are intermediate files from all the different programs that are used.

A couple things first.
I don't use the D2SRoBa, but if it works for you, then I see no reason not to use it.
I see some chapters files and a subtitle file. You can only use dvd2svcd to create chapters and subtitlles if you create a single MPG file in the end. You really should be using DvdAuthorGui if you want more than 1 AVI per DVD.

Here's a breakdown of what all the files are used for.
AviSynth - tells your encoder which parameters to use for frameserving
CCE - encoder settings and multipass information
D2SRoba - "supposed to" give the same quality at faster speeds.
DVD2SVCD - log files, project settings, configuration.
Audio files - the audio is first extracted from the AVI, then converted to DVD compatible MP2 format.
Video - The video is encoded to DVD compatible MPV file.
MPG - This is a single DVD compatible MPG file after multiplexing the MP2 and MPV files together
DvdMaestro - This will author your DVD with the chapters that you have set, but as I said you should use DvdAuthorGui to author and set your chapters.

darkrazor

Post by darkrazor » Mar 19th, '06, 00:46

in reply to post above,

thanks, now then I tried to use the MPG file in dvd author gui and made an iso.. then used daemontools to emulate the dvd so that I wont have to burn...

This is what I have observed, when using the MPG file directly in dvd author gui, there are no sounds after authoring
but if i used the MPV + MP2 file, there is a sound after authoring ....
its not a big problem since the files I need are there, but I wonder why it doesnt have sound because when i play the mpg file, i can hear some sounds. ^_^

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Mar 19th, '06, 09:37

darkrazor wrote:in reply to post above,

thanks, now then I tried to use the MPG file in dvd author gui and made an iso.. then used daemontools to emulate the dvd so that I wont have to burn...

This is what I have observed, when using the MPG file directly in dvd author gui, there are no sounds after authoring
but if i used the MPV + MP2 file, there is a sound after authoring ....
its not a big problem since the files I need are there, but I wonder why it doesnt have sound because when i play the mpg file, i can hear some sounds. ^_^
Hmmm. Maybe you didn't have your speakers on when you played the MPG? :lol
Just kidding. To be honest, I have no idea how the MPG would work in Windows Media Player and not work after you burned it if it was a compatible DVD MPG. Sometimes the multiplexing fails, but the fact that it works in Windows Media Player proves that the multiplexing is fine. I would check the log for dvd2svcd and dvdauthorgui to see if anything went wrong.

boji

Post by boji » Mar 19th, '06, 14:42

hi i was wondering about the subs in dvdauthorgui...do you have to change it to the srt format or will it work either way?

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Mar 21st, '06, 00:26

boji wrote:hi i was wondering about the subs in dvdauthorgui...do you have to change it to the srt format or will it work either way?
You don't need to convert your subs. DvdAuthorGui supports sub, srt, ssa, smi, sup and many other formats.

kht2015

Post by kht2015 » Mar 24th, '06, 23:43

Hi I have a question,
Can DVDAuthorGUI handle multiple subs? Can I have 2 subs for each episode? I tried but it didn't work. Do I have to give it completely different names? I keep getting errors like the one below:

DVDAuthorGUI 1.008b - 1/14/2006
Send problems with DVDAuthorGUI to liquid_217@hotmail.com
***please wait while the titles are multiplexed.
*generating button images.......
*generating highlight button 1 for menu 1
*generating highlight button 2 for menu 1
*generating highlight button 3 for menu 1
*generating select button 1 for menu 1
*generating select button 2 for menu 1
*generating select button 3 for menu 1
*multiplexing menu 1.....
INFO: [???] mplex version 2.0.0 (2.2.3 $Date: 2004/01/13 20:45:26 $)
INFO: [???] File C:\Documents and Settings\kht2015\My Documents\My Pictures\CD Labels\Goong ISILU\Palace 1-3.m2v looks like an MPEG Video stream.
INFO: [???] Video stream 0: profile 8 selected - ignoring non-standard options!
INFO: [???] Found 0 audio streams and 1 video streams
INFO: [???] Selecting dvdauthor DVD output profile
INFO: [???] Multiplexing video program stream!
INFO: [???] Scanning for header info: Video stream e0 (C:\Documents and Settings\kht2015\My Documents\My Pictures\CD Labels\Goong ISILU\Palace 1-3.m2v)
INFO: [???] VIDEO STREAM: e0
INFO: [???] Frame width : 720
INFO: [???] Frame height : 480
INFO: [???] Aspect ratio : 4:3 display
INFO: [???] Picture rate : 29.970 frames/sec
INFO: [???] Bit rate : 7500000 bits/sec
INFO: [???] Vbv buffer size : 229376 bytes
INFO: [???] CSPF : 0
INFO: [???] SYSTEMS/PROGRAM stream:
INFO: [???] rough-guess multiplexed stream data rate : 7655000
INFO: [???] target data-rate specified : 10080000
INFO: [???] Setting specified specified data rate: 10080000
INFO: [???] Scanned to end AU 0
INFO: [???] Run-in Sectors = 88 Video delay = 12873 Audio delay = 0
INFO: [???] New sequence commences...
INFO: [???] Video e0: buf= 237568 frame=000000 sector=00000000
INFO: [???] STREAM e0 completed @ frame 0.
INFO: [???] Multiplex completion at SCR=4242.
INFO: [???] Video e0: buf= 182374 frame=000000 sector=00000028
INFO: [???] VIDEO_STATISTICS: e0
INFO: [???] Video Stream length: 55194 bytes
INFO: [???] Sequence headers: 1
INFO: [???] Sequence ends : 1
INFO: [???] No. Pictures : 0
INFO: [???] No. Groups : 1
INFO: [???] No. I Frames : 1 avg. size 55194 bytes
INFO: [???] No. P Frames : 0 avg. size 0 bytes
INFO: [???] No. B Frames : 0 avg. size 0 bytes
INFO: [???] Average bit-rate : 13233200 bits/sec
INFO: [???] Peak bit-rate : 0 bits/sec
INFO: [???] BUFFERING stream too short for useful statistics
INFO: [???] MUX STATUS: no under-runs detected.
DVDAuthor::spumux, version 0.6.12-alpha-2907.
Build options: gnugetopt iconv freetype
Send bugs to <dvdauthor-users@lists.sourceforge.net>

INFO: Locale=C
INFO: Converting filenames to US-ASCII
STAT: 0:00:00.000
INFO: PNG had 2 colors
INFO: PNG had 2 colors
INFO: Constructing blank img
INFO: Pickbuttongroups, success with 1 groups, useimg=1
INFO: Found EOF in .sub file.
INFO: Max_sub_size=676
WARN: Read 0, expected 4
INFO: 1 subtitles added, 0 subtitles skipped, stream: 32, offset: 0.18

Statistics:
- Processed 0 subtitles.
- The longest display line had -1 characters.
- The maximum number of displayed lines was 0.
- The normal display height of the font arial.ttf was 0.
- The bottom display height of the font arial.ttf was 0.
- The biggest subtitle box had 676 bytes.
erase "C:\Documents and Settings\kht2015\My Documents\Palace\Palace 1-3\menu1.mpg"
echo *processing subtitles for title: 1 sub 1...
*processing subtitles for title: 1 sub 1...
"C:\Program Files\DVDAuthorGUI\bin\spumux.exe" -s 0 "C:\Program Files\DVDAuthorGUI\sub1-1.xml" <"C:\Documents and Settings\kht2015\My Documents\Palace\Palace 1\Palace 1.mpg" > "C:\Documents and Settings\kht2015\My Documents\Palace\Palace 1-3\title1.mpg"
DVDAuthor::spumux, version 0.6.12-alpha-2907.
Build options: gnugetopt iconv freetype
Send bugs to <dvdauthor-users@lists.sourceforge.net>

INFO: Locale=C
INFO: Converting filenames to US-ASCII
INFO: Detected subtitle file format: subviewer 2.0
INFO: Opened iconv descriptor. *UTF-8* *ISO-8859-1*
INFO: Read 0 subtitles
INFO: Unicode font: 1911 glyphs.
ERR: Couldn't load file C:\Documents and Settings\kht2015l\My Documents\Palace\Palace 1\Palace 1.srt.
erase "C:\Documents and Settings\kht2015l\My Documents\Palace\Palace 1-3\presub.mpg"

Process aborted due to above error
There was an unknown error. Please review the log for more information.

Thank you.

nguy0780

help!

Post by nguy0780 » Mar 25th, '06, 15:57

hi, well i went through your tutorial and my dvd is glitchy, well the movie flickers periodically and i'm not sure why, i followed your screenshots and the mpg file is created successfully, iso created and dvd burned and plays on my dvd player...at first i thought the iso was the problem but when i opened up the mpg created by dvd2vcd, i noticed it flickers....so what am i doing wrong? thanks in advance!

yan

Post by yan » Mar 26th, '06, 19:14

Hi I am currently waiting for one kdrama ep to encode and while doing so I was just going through this thread and reading everyone's problems and kinda got worried:

I am currently converting one ep right now but I followed your pictures and put the CD size as 4430 but because I'm not doing a batch conversion am I supposed to put the CD size as 1476 for each ep I convert if I want to put 3 eps on one DVD? or do i still put 4430 for each episode?

Thanks so much in advance!

kht2015

Post by kht2015 » Mar 28th, '06, 00:48

Hello,
I am not sure why my video won't encode. It will start its process, but when it comes to encoding, it is stuck at the process (at the bottom) and it will not encode.
Please help me
Thank you,
------------------------

WNASPI32.DLL 0.0.0.0
- 3/27/2006 7:01:14 PM
- AVI to SVCD Conversion
- AVI2DVD ver. 1.2.3 build 1
Initializing
- C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Palace\Palace 9\Goong Ep.9 (High Quality) [hodoli].avi
Initializing finished.

- 3/27/2006 7:01:16 PM
- Free on drive C: 9235.64 mb
- AUDIO Extraction
Checking C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Palace\Palace 9\Extracted_audio_1.ac3

- 3/27/2006 7:02:39 PM
- Free on drive C: 8184.56 mb
- AUDIO conversion
- 3/27/2006 7:02:42 PM
- Free on drive C: 8184.56 mb
- AUDIO conversion

Encoding Audio. Filename: C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Palace\Palace 9\Extracted_audio_1.ac3
"C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\BeSweet\BeSweet.exe" -core( -input "C:\Documents and Settings\Linh's Cerebral\My Documents\Palace\Palace 9\Extracted_audio_1.ac3" -output "C:\DOCUME~1\LINH'S~1\MYDOCU~1\Palace\PAF071~1\Encoded_audio_1.mp2" -logfile "C:\DOCUME~1\LINH'S~1\MYDOCU~1\Palace\PAF071~1\Encoded_audio_1.log" ) -azid( -L -3db -l 0db -c normal -s surround -g max ) -shibatch( --rate 48000 ) -2lame( -e -b 224 -m s )
Audio conversion of C:\Documents and Settings\Linh's Cerebral\My Documents\Palace\Palace 9\Extracted_audio_1.ac3 finished.

- 3/27/2006 7:06:48 PM
- Free on drive C: 8184.54 mb
- Video Encoding using Cinema Craft

Executing Cinema Craft Encoder.
StreamSectors: 1534971788
AudioSectors: 106608852
VideoPAPO: 22126104
ScanOffsetBytes: 168791
SeqAligningBytes: 10727574
PureMPEGStream: 1395340463.50
Seconds: 3756.65
CalcMPEGStream: 1395340463.50
Frames: 112527
CDSize: 1470.00
Cut point 1466.00
Variable Settings:
Frames: 112527
Anti Noise Filter: Off
Passes: 2
Image Quality: 17
VAF file creation: On
Video Encoding Mode: Multipass VBR
Min. bitrate: 2000
Max. bitrate: 8000
Avg. Bitrate: 2971
Aspect Ratio: 4:3 (No borders, encoded as 4:3)

---AVS Begin---
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\DVD2SVCD\dgindex\DGDecode.dll")
AVISource("C:\DOCUME~1\MYDOCU~1\Palace\PAF071~1\GOONGE~1.AVI",audio=false)
ConvertToYUY2()
LanczosResize(688,352,6,0,628,352)
AddBorders(16,64,16,64)
Import("C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\Movie\ResampleAudio.avs")
ResampleAudio(44100)
----AVS End----

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Mar 28th, '06, 02:42

Can DVDAuthorGUI handle multiple subs? Can I have 2 subs for each episode? I tried but it didn't work. Do I have to give it completely different names? I keep getting errors like the one below:
It supports up to 8 multiple subs and audio tracks but I've never used more than one. I'm not sure what you mean give it completely different names? You just go to the add subtitle button and add both subtitle files.
The error log shows " - Processed 0 subtitles" and "Couldn't load file". I would make sure that the files are valid subs. Have you tried loading 1 at a time and seeing if it works? You can also try loading the subs into Subtitle Workshop to see if they work.
hi, well i went through your tutorial and my dvd is glitchy, well the movie flickers periodically and i'm not sure why, i followed your screenshots and the mpg file is created successfully, iso created and dvd burned and plays on my dvd player...at first i thought the iso was the problem but when i opened up the mpg created by dvd2vcd, i noticed it flickers....so what am i doing wrong? thanks in advance!
I'm not sure what you mean by flicker. Does the screen seem to slow down or is the whole screen going black for an instant? Open up your AVI in GSpot look at what the FPS are.
Hi I am currently waiting for one kdrama ep to encode and while doing so I was just going through this thread and reading everyone's problems and kinda got worried:

I am currently converting one ep right now but I followed your pictures and put the CD size as 4430 but because I'm not doing a batch conversion am I supposed to put the CD size as 1476 for each ep I convert if I want to put 3 eps on one DVD? or do i still put 4430 for each episode?

Thanks so much in advance!
Yeah it is supposed to be 1476. 4430 is the size in MB of the whole DVD, so each episode will be 1476 MB.
Hello,
I am not sure why my video won't encode. It will start its process, but when it comes to encoding, it is stuck at the process (at the bottom) and it will not encode.
Please help me
Thank you,
Does it work for any AVIs? Does it start CCE and just never encode? If this happens for all AVIs, then your version of CCE is probably not compatible with DVD2SVCD.

lexis8609

Post by lexis8609 » Mar 28th, '06, 16:32

hi, im burning the episodes on a usual CD but in some them the subtitles are missing. i didnt get how to solve the problem though i read the overscan tutorial posted here. please help:)

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Mar 29th, '06, 00:05

lexis8609 wrote:hi, im burning the episodes on a usual CD but in some them the subtitles are missing. i didnt get how to solve the problem though i read the overscan tutorial posted here. please help:)
If you are using CD, then the format depends on your DVD player. Your best picture will be with SVCD using soft subs. If you want to do that, just select AVI to SVCD and on the subtiltes tab choose CVD subtitles. You will get a single file in the end that you can burn directly to your CDR. The subs can be turned on or off by hitting the subtitle button on your DVD remote.

No matter what the media format, CD or DVD, the overscan problems is fixed by loading your AVI into FitCD and entering those parameters in the frameserver tab in DVD2SVCD.

lexis8609

Post by lexis8609 » Apr 4th, '06, 14:05

thank you very much, ill try it soon. but will the quality be worse if i converted it into svcd?

bob85

Post by bob85 » Apr 4th, '06, 17:06

Hi,
I have a stupid question to ask. Let's say that I have a movie with a hardsub. Is it possible to remove that hardsub and add a new one?

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Apr 4th, '06, 23:35

lexis8609 wrote:thank you very much, ill try it soon. but will the quality be worse if i converted it into svcd?
You said in your orginal post CD, so I assumed you meant CDR.

if you use CDR you can convert to VCD or SVCD.
If you use DVDR then you convert to DVD video.

If you have a DVD burner, then you definitely want to convert everything to DVD because it is the best quality and just follow the tutorial as it is.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Apr 4th, '06, 23:39

bob85 wrote:Hi,
I have a stupid question to ask. Let's say that I have a movie with a hardsub. Is it possible to remove that hardsub and add a new one?
I believe there is a program that will remove hard subs, but I highly doubt that it will do a good job. Once you remove the subs, adding new hard subs or softsubs is easy.

If you do a search in the forums I vaguely remember reading about the program that will do this. You question may even be answered in the web site main FAQ.

Pricetag

An Error

Post by Pricetag » Apr 9th, '06, 04:13

Hi , I have an error that just popped up. Its an QuEnc Error.
"Could not use C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\Movie\AviSunth_Script.avs as Input! Input Format is not YV12 ColorSpace! "

What does that mean?? Please Help

kyuuketsuki

Re: An Error

Post by kyuuketsuki » Apr 9th, '06, 23:40

Pricetag wrote:Hi , I have an error that just popped up. Its an QuEnc Error.
"Could not use C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\Movie\AviSunth_Script.avs as Input! Input Format is not YV12 ColorSpace! "

Check this thread at doom9.org http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t ... ColorSpace

Make sure you are using AviSynth 2.5. YV12 is not supported for earlier versions.

You may need to add this at the end of your AviSynthScript
converttoyv12()

boji

Post by boji » Apr 15th, '06, 13:04

hi i just keep having questions pop up in my head. well all the dvds i burned have a little subtitle problem. the subs appear for a while and some point during the drama it stops and never comes back but is resolved when i skip chapters and go back to that scene. is there a way i could fix it?

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Apr 15th, '06, 14:29

boji wrote:hi i just keep having questions pop up in my head. well all the dvds i burned have a little subtitle problem. the subs appear for a while and some point during the drama it stops and never comes back but is resolved when i skip chapters and go back to that scene. is there a way i could fix it?
This is strange, because I have burned over a hundred avis to DVD and have not seen this even once. The fact that it comes back when you go to that scene is even stranger. The first thing I would do is check the DvdAuthorGui log file to see if anything is happening there. The only way I can think of this happening is if your DVD player is somehow turning off the subtitles.

My best guess is that it may be some sort of incompatibility with your DVD player/burner/media. In my experience DVD/CD burners work best with certian brands of DVDRs. I have had little success with ReWriteable discs and will only use them for experiments. You could try to use a different brand of DVDR to see if that helps.

Also, you should be able to turn your subs on or off at any time by hitting the subtitle button on your DVD remote. So if the subs turn off, try hitting the subtitle button instead of restarting the chapter. I wouldn't recommend it, but if the soft subs are really bothering you, you can always burn hardsubs (check the FAQ at the bottom of the tutorial for hardsubs).

catherinekhine

Post by catherinekhine » Apr 17th, '06, 03:45

kyuuketsuki wrote:

Check this thread at doom9.org http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t ... ColorSpace

Make sure you are using AviSynth 2.5. YV12 is not supported for earlier versions.

converttoyv12()
Where can I find this AviSynthScript file.

robetella

Post by robetella » Apr 18th, '06, 08:10

IT's weird when i use QUENC to encode, it's goes well but not for TmpgENC nor cinema craft encoder.. I wish to use TmpgENC cuz it gives better quality encoding...

Here's my log:
WNASPI32.DLL 0.0.0.0
- 4/18/2006 3:32:49 PM
- AVI to SVCD Conversion
- AVI2VCD ver. 1.2.3 build 1
Initializing
- C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\My Documents\My Videos\Drama Serials\Ichi Ritoru no Namida 1 Litre Of Tears\1 Litre Of Tears Chokuzen Special.avi
Initializing finished.

- 4/18/2006 3:32:51 PM
- Free on drive C: 5410.61 mb
- AUDIO Extraction

- 4/18/2006 3:32:56 PM
- Free on drive C: 5393.52 mb
- AUDIO conversion
- 4/18/2006 3:32:58 PM
- Free on drive C: 5393.51 mb
- AUDIO conversion

Converting MP2 to WAV. Filename: C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Extracted_audio_1.mpa
Executing MADPlay (mp2 to wav). Commandline:
"C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\MADPlay\madplay.exe" --quiet --output=wave:"C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Encoded_audio_1.mp2.wav" "C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Extracted_audio_1.mpa"
Conversion (mp2 to wav) of C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Extracted_audio_1.mpa finished.

Encoding Audio. Filename: C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Extracted_audio_1.mpa
"C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\BeSweet\BeSweet.exe" -core( -input "C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Encoded_audio_1.mp2.wav" -output "C:\PROGRA~1\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Encoded_audio_1.mp2" -logfile "C:\PROGRA~1\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Encoded_audio_1.log" ) -ota( -g max ) -shibatch( --rate 44100 ) -2lame( -e -b 224 -m s )
Audio conversion of C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Extracted_audio_1.mpa finished.

- 4/18/2006 3:33:53 PM
- Free on drive C: 5269.42 mb
- Video Encoding using TMPGEnc
- Encoding C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\Movie\AviSynth_Script_file.avs
StreamSectors: 771537788
AudioSectors: 31982888
VideoPAPO: 11456100
ScanOffsetBytes: 0
SeqAligningBytes: 0
PureMPEGStream: 728098796.00
Seconds: 1126.95
CalcMPEGStream: 728098796.00
Frames: 33565
CDSize: 740.00
Cut point 736.00
Max. Bitrate: 8000
Avg. Bitrate: 5168.62
Min. Bitrate: 2000
Executing TMPGEnc. Commandline:
"C:\Program Files\Pegasys Inc\TMPGEnc Plus 2.5\TMPGEnc.exe" "C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\Movie\TMPGEnc_Project_file.tpr" /Encode /Close
Video Encoding finished.

- 4/18/2006 4:06:01 PM
- Free on drive C: 4980.15 mb
- Converting Pictures from ES to PS
Saving bbMPEG settings: C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\bbMPEG\default.ini
- 4/18/2006 4:06:03 PM
- Free on drive C: 4980.14 mb
- 4/18/2006 4:06:05 PM
- 4/18/2006 4:06:08 PM
- Multiplexing and cutting
Offset in Seconds: 0
Executing bbMPEG.
Variable Settings:
Movie offset: 0 seconds
Cut point: 736 mb

Executing RunbbMPEG. Commandline:
"C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\bbMPEG\RunbbMPEG.exe" "C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\Movie\bbMPEG_Muxed_File.mpg"
Multiplexing and cutting finished.

Image creation finished.

- 4/18/2006 4:08:52 PM
- Free on drive C: 4657.48 mb
- Conversion done!
Last edited by robetella on Apr 18th, '06, 08:38, edited 1 time in total.

maruja

Post by maruja » Apr 18th, '06, 08:36

Has anybody used DIKO? I need tutorials on the 2.23 version Please. Thanks!

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Apr 18th, '06, 12:37

catherinekhine wrote:
kyuuketsuki wrote:

converttoyv12()
Where can I find this AviSynthScript file.
The AviSyth script is created from the Frameserver settings. Just go to your frameserver tab and add the line converttoyv12(). So it would probably look something like this:
0=LanczosResize(656,448,0,0,512,384)
1=AddBorders(32,16,32,16)
2=converttoyv12()

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Apr 18th, '06, 12:40

maruja wrote:Has anybody used DIKO? I need tutorials on the 2.23 version Please. Thanks!
http://www.google.com/search?domains=ww ... &as_q=diko

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Apr 18th, '06, 12:42

robetella wrote:IT's weird when i use QUENC to encode, it's goes well but not for TmpgENC nor cinema craft encoder.. I wish to use TmpgENC cuz it gives better quality encoding...

Executing RunbbMPEG. Commandline:
"C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\bbMPEG\RunbbMPEG.exe" "C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\Movie\bbMPEG_Muxed_File.mpg"
Multiplexing and cutting finished.
Your log looks fine. It says everything completed. Just burn the bbMPEG_Muxed_FIle.mpg to a CDR.

maruja

Post by maruja » Apr 18th, '06, 13:31

The tutorial they have on that site is for the older versions. I need the newer one 2.23 version. I hope Somebody could help me. After I converted the subtitles do not come out.

robetella

Post by robetella » Apr 18th, '06, 14:32

It seems that after the conversion is done, the video isn't smooth and lags majorly... This happens when i use TmpegENC & Cinema Craft Encoder.. But not with Quenc.. Why is that so ? Pls help..

robetella

Post by robetella » Apr 19th, '06, 16:35

Anyone plss????

nalika

Post by nalika » Apr 19th, '06, 19:33

I got problem with the sub...when i load 3 mpg in dvdauthorGui and load the 3 subtitle files it came out with the first episode with no sub, the second one has the first episode sub and the third had the 2nd epi sub...do i have to set anything onthe subtitle tab?...

yan

Post by yan » Apr 20th, '06, 19:12

Hi if I'm burning dramas that are 700mb each ep and i want 3 on a dvd i know i need to put the bitrate as 1476 for each, but how big are the .mpg files supposed to be? cuz mine were 3.something GB each and i dont think thats supposed to happen... i followed exactly everything instructed.. did this happen to anyone else? any comments and help appreciated Thanks!

yan

Post by yan » Apr 20th, '06, 23:14

umm I went through this thread and read that the reason why one .mpg file would be 3 MB is cuz dvd2svcd doesnt support the trial version of CCE, is that right (even though I already put 1476 as my bitrate)? I tried to use the trial version of TMPGEnc but half way through my computer rebooted on its on -_- it never happened before... but I was contemplating on actually purchasing CCE but they only have the 2.7 version... do you know if dvdsvcd will support that? and do you know if this takes up a lot of memory on the computer? cuz i think that might be why my comp rebooted... thanks again!

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Apr 21st, '06, 00:02

robetella wrote:It seems that after the conversion is done, the video isn't smooth and lags majorly... This happens when i use TmpegENC & Cinema Craft Encoder.. But not with Quenc.. Why is that so ? Pls help..
It is most likely because of a codec that you have installed. You probably have more than one codec that will play the AVI which is why QuEnc will work and the others don't.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Apr 21st, '06, 00:05

nalika wrote:I got problem with the sub...when i load 3 mpg in dvdauthorGui and load the 3 subtitle files it came out with the first episode with no sub, the second one has the first episode sub and the third had the 2nd epi sub...do i have to set anything onthe subtitle tab?...
I've never had this happen or have ever had any subtitle problems. Make sure that you have selected the correct mpg file when you add the subtitle. Also, you can always check your DvdAuthorGui log file to see if anything went wrong.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Apr 21st, '06, 00:17

yan wrote:Hi if I'm burning dramas that are 700mb each ep and i want 3 on a dvd i know i need to put the bitrate as 1476 for each, but how big are the .mpg files supposed to be? cuz mine were 3.something GB each and i dont think thats supposed to happen... i followed exactly everything instructed.. did this happen to anyone else? any comments and help appreciated Thanks

umm I went through this thread and read that the reason why one .mpg file would be 3 MB is cuz dvd2svcd doesnt support the trial version of CCE, is that right (even though I already put 1476 as my bitrate)? I tried to use the trial version of TMPGEnc but half way through my computer rebooted on its on -_- it never happened before... but I was contemplating on actually purchasing CCE but they only have the 2.7 version... do you know if dvdsvcd will support that? and do you know if this takes up a lot of memory on the computer? cuz i think that might be why my comp rebooted... thanks again!
!
That is really strange. You should check the log file to see what is happening. The MPG files should be 1476 MB.

I'm not sure what would cause the 3 GB file. I also don't know which versions of CCE are supported. The basic version might not be supprted. I'm sure it has been discussed at www.doom9.org though. You should check the forums there.

The conversion takes up almost all of your CPU power and does consume a lot of memory.

kht2015

Post by kht2015 » Apr 22nd, '06, 16:05

Hi Kyuuketsuki
I am trying to encode an episode, and when it begins the encoding process, this is the error I get, and it discontinues the process:
Would you please help,
Thank you.

cce encoding failed: Error: Video check-sum is different from that of previous pass.
Source video data or time code may be different
Please check video tape or the information file

---information----
current: check sum = 00547051
Previous: check sum = 005475c1

Can you tell me what I've done wrong?

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Apr 24th, '06, 13:15

kht2015 wrote:Hi Kyuuketsuki
I am trying to encode an episode, and when it begins the encoding process, this is the error I get, and it discontinues the process:
Would you please help,
Thank you.

cce encoding failed: Error: Video check-sum is different from that of previous pass.
Source video data or time code may be different

---information----
current: check sum = 00547051
Previous: check sum = 005475c1

Can you tell me what I've done wrong?
I actually don't think you've done anything wrong. I've seen this especially with the older versions of CCE. The old versions of CCE do a pretty bad job of handling bad frames in the video. If you see the checksum error on almost all your encoding, then you should do some testing on the hardware of your computer. When I see this happen, I usually just run the video through Virtual Dub and/or use a different encoder.

Check Q8 of the FAQ here .
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=53770
Q8: Why does CCE crash, freeze or generate a checksum error during encoding?

<3s-tei.

Post by <3s-tei. » Apr 26th, '06, 21:47

Thanks for writing this tutorial. I'm stuck at where you said to preview the video. Something popped up and it says "AviSource: Could not decompress frame 0 (C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\TEMP\preview.avs, line 2)"

Help..??

groink

Post by groink » Apr 26th, '06, 22:04

<3s-tei. wrote:Thanks for writing this tutorial. I'm stuck at where you said to preview the video. Something popped up and it says "AviSource: Could not decompress frame 0 (C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\TEMP\preview.avs, line 2)"

Help..??
Searching Google (a good thing (tm)), it is possible that:

1) you have either an incompatible XviD codec, or you have two XviD codecs installed and they're having a good 'ole battle within your PC.

2) the AVI file does indeed have a corrupt frame. Although the AVI file plays fine when played using your favorite video player, VirtualDub is very sensitive to even the slightest of flaws with the file. The usual solution is:

2a) Demux the video and audio - saving the audio as WAV within VirtualDub, and save the video using direct stream copy.

2b) Mux back the new video and audio into an AVI file.

These are very brief solutions. You can read the FAQs to gather details on how to perform each of these steps.

--- groink

<3s-tei.

Post by <3s-tei. » Apr 26th, '06, 22:17

groink wrote:
<3s-tei. wrote:Thanks for writing this tutorial. I'm stuck at where you said to preview the video. Something popped up and it says "AviSource: Could not decompress frame 0 (C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\TEMP\preview.avs, line 2)"

Help..??
Searching Google (a good thing (tm)), it is possible that:

1) you have either an incompatible XviD codec, or you have two XviD codecs installed and they're having a good 'ole battle within your PC.

2) the AVI file does indeed have a corrupt frame. Although the AVI file plays fine when played using your favorite video player, VirtualDub is very sensitive to even the slightest of flaws with the file. The usual solution is:

2a) Demux the video and audio - saving the audio as WAV within VirtualDub, and save the video using direct stream copy.

2b) Mux back the new video and audio into an AVI file.

These are very brief solutions. You can read the FAQs to gather details on how to perform each of these steps.

--- groink
If it's #1, how do I uninstall one of them and keep the other?

Thanks for replying =).

I don't think it's in the FAQ. I read it and there doesn't seem to tell me how to uninstall condecs...

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Apr 28th, '06, 11:24

I'm stuck at where you said to preview the video. Something popped up and it says "AviSource: Could not decompress frame 0 (C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\TEMP\preview.avs, line 2)"
I don't think it's in the FAQ. I read it and there doesn't seem to tell me how to uninstall condecs...
My initial thought is that it is your framserve parameters. First try this from the FAQ. If you've done this, let me know what gspot or aviCodec tells you about which codecs you have installed. Uninstalling codecs can be very tricky, but it can be done.

Q: I get this when i try to preview my video "couldn't locate a decompresor fourcc". How do I fix this?
A: Thist almost always means 1 of 2 things. You don't have the correct codec (it will tell you after the "fourcc"), or you did not put in the proper frameserve parameters. Check to see if you can play the video in Windows Media Player and/or load it into GSpot to make sure you have the codec. If you have the codec, then your frameserve parameters probably are not correct. Make sure you copied them from FitCD properly and you autoloaded your AVI with the "source" button into the Mpg Resizing section. You should always check the video before starting the process. You can do this by going to the "Conversion" tab, and clicking "GO / Preview Video".

Q: My video doesn't play/encode, or my video is choppy after conversion. How do I fix it?
A: Most likely you don't have the codec or if your video is choppy you have a bad codec. Download GSpot or AviCodec and it will tell you which video and audio codecs you need and have. This is a bit controversial and just my opinion, but I think codec packs are bad. They install codecs that you don't need and overwrite the good codecs that you have. I personally only recommend 2 codecs and this is probably all you will need - DIVX and Koepi's XviD.

Genmai_cha

Post by Genmai_cha » Apr 28th, '06, 14:14

Hey kyuuketsuki,

I just want to say Great job on the tutoring!!!

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Apr 29th, '06, 02:22

Genmai_cha wrote:Hey kyuuketsuki,

I just want to say Great job on the tutoring!!!
Thanks. I hope I've helped a few people.

Sylpheed

Post by Sylpheed » May 1st, '06, 15:08

Hi, i'm trying to convert tv series like 700mb per episode into dvd... nero at the lowest setting only allows 3 episode per dvd..

i'm hoping to squeeze up to 6-8 if possible.. wondering how do i do it?

currently i'm using TMPGEnc3XP to encode from AVI to mpeg2

but after encoding to mpeg2, my video becomes very choppy and some seek time isn't correct..

2 other bitrate's i've tried is 700 and 950..

at 700 - the movie freezes abit then runs very fast to next frame, then freezes again..

at 950 - the movie is alot more choppy, but still runs..

i've seen on the avi files the bitrate can go as low as 192... but how do i work it out on the dvd?

puppyiz

Post by puppyiz » May 1st, '06, 15:24

Newbie says Hello and needs help from Kyuuketsuki for some tutorials.

I have DL-ed some movies frm CB and currently stored in d Harddisk. Since I have a very small HD, I hope I can find answers frm u on how to save them to media CD ( I only have one DVD writer).
I m using Windows media to watch d movie (about 732mb size).
I tried several attempts to burn d movie into my CD -R(size=700MB) or DVD+R (size =4.7GB)disc but unable to do so. :pale:

One time I managed but there's no pictures but only sound. Is something wrong with my player? Real player is also unable to do so at all. :-(

My apologies if this question had been posted before.
Looking forward to your help. Thank you very much.

Sylpheed

Post by Sylpheed » May 2nd, '06, 00:29

@puppyiz

you need the codex to watch them i think, try to get the latest FFDshow. it should solve your problems on no video.

also, i'm not sure if real player can play avi files.. WMP can though, just need the codex

puppyiz

Post by puppyiz » May 2nd, '06, 13:30

Greetings SYLPHEED - much appreciated for ur reply on codec requirements. Shall try them right away.

However, i am still looking for some answers on how to save d movies from my PC to media CD.

Need some tutorials on this.

Thank you once again.

Sylpheed

Post by Sylpheed » May 2nd, '06, 14:57

i suggest checking this site out www.vcdhelp.com

they've got alot of good tutorials there

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » May 2nd, '06, 22:38

Sylpheed wrote:Hi, i'm trying to convert tv series like 700mb per episode into dvd... nero at the lowest setting only allows 3 episode per dvd..

but after encoding to mpeg2, my video becomes very choppy and some seek time isn't correct..

at 700 - the movie freezes abit then runs very fast to next frame, then freezes again..

i've seen on the avi files the bitrate can go as low as 192... but how do i work it out on the dvd?
You should be able to get 6 episodes on a DVD with good results. It would be pretty hard to get 8 on there and still look good. Regardless of how many you do, you should not have a choppy video.

Are you using Dvd2Svcd? It will set the bitrate automatically based on the size that you put in the bitrate tab. If the video runs at a different rate, you might have to do a pulldown if the input fps does not match your intended output, but again, if you use dvd2svcd, it will do everything for you automatically. The first step would be to follow the tutorial and get to the point where it says to preview the video. If it looks fine, then try the conversion to see what you get. If it is still choppy, then most likely it is your codec. If you get everything working and are doing a lot of episodes of the same series, then you might want my batch program. Email me and I will send it to you.
Last edited by kyuuketsuki on May 2nd, '06, 22:52, edited 2 times in total.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » May 2nd, '06, 22:43

puppyiz wrote:Newbie says Hello and needs help from Kyuuketsuki for some tutorials.

I have DL-ed some movies frm CB and currently stored in d Harddisk. Since I have a very small HD, I hope I can find answers frm u on how to save them to media CD ( I only have one DVD writer).
I m using Windows media to watch d movie (about 732mb size).
I tried several attempts to burn d movie into my CD -R(size=700MB) or DVD+R (size =4.7GB)disc but unable to do so. :pale:

One time I managed but there's no pictures but only sound. Is something wrong with my player? Real player is also unable to do so at all. :-(

My apologies if this question had been posted before.
Looking forward to your help. Thank you very much.
I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do. Do you want to watch the movies on your computer or on your TV? If you want to watch them on the computer, then you just need to burn them as "data" files and can watch directly from the DVD or CDR that you burn. Whatever you do, you will need something to encode the video. Real Player plays .rm files. What type of file are you trying to watch? Is it AVI, MPG, RM?

anneistee

Post by anneistee » May 8th, '06, 22:36

can somebody help me?
i followed through the whole tutorial and did the exact steps. but i'm stuck when it comes to creating titleset menu.

i did an m2v still for ntsc mpg out of a jpeg(720x480) and the number of the frame is 1 which is the default number. i add titleset menu, but the background picture does not appear in the menu editor. i can only create buttons. i want to make a menu for my dvd~~ T_T

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » May 9th, '06, 02:29

anneistee wrote:can somebody help me?
i followed through the whole tutorial and did the exact steps. but i'm stuck when it comes to creating titleset menu.

i did an m2v still for ntsc mpg out of a jpeg(720x480) and the number of the frame is 1 which is the default number. i add titleset menu, but the background picture does not appear in the menu editor. i can only create buttons. i want to make a menu for my dvd~~ T_T
Anne,

I got your email. I will step you through it over email.

Sylpheed

Post by Sylpheed » May 9th, '06, 02:54

kyuuketsuki wrote:
Sylpheed wrote:Hi, i'm trying to convert tv series like 700mb per episode into dvd... nero at the lowest setting only allows 3 episode per dvd..

You should be able to get 6 episodes on a DVD with good results. It would be pretty hard to get 8 on there and still look good. Regardless of how many you do, you should not have a choppy video.

Are you using Dvd2Svcd? It will set the bitrate automatically based on the size that you put in the bitrate tab. If the video runs at a different rate, you might have to do a pulldown if the input fps does not match your intended output, but again, if you use dvd2svcd, it will do everything for you automatically. The first step would be to follow the tutorial and get to the point where it says to preview the video. If it looks fine, then try the conversion to see what you get. If it is still choppy, then most likely it is your codec. If you get everything working and are doing a lot of episodes of the same series, then you might want my batch program. Email me and I will send it to you.

sry for the late reply

I manage to get everything working :) yeah.. 6-5 episodes is the limit for any 1hour series.. i tried 10 episodes once.. looks like crap :(

i'm using TMPGenc 3.0 Xpress to convert

if the audio is AC3, then i'm using ffmpeggui to convert the audio and TMPGenc 3.0 Xpress to convert the video..

works like a charm so far :)

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » May 9th, '06, 04:10

sry for the late reply

I manage to get everything working yeah.. 6-5 episodes is the limit for any 1hour series.. i tried 10 episodes once.. looks like crap

if the audio is AC3, then i'm using ffmpeggui to convert the audio and TMPGenc 3.0 Xpress to convert the video..

works like a charm so far
I have not used TmpGenc XPress, but I know with TmpgEnc you have to be careful when you do the conversion because it is hard to set up the borders properly. If you don't add borders, then your screen will be cut off on the edges. One of the reasons I use dvd2svcd is because I can add the borders in the frameserve tab and it will automatically run TmpgEnc or CCE with the correct parameters.

Sylpheed

Post by Sylpheed » May 9th, '06, 05:33

kyuuketsuki wrote:
sry for the late reply

I manage to get everything working yeah.. 6-5 episodes is the limit for any 1hour series.. i tried 10 episodes once.. looks like crap

works like a charm so far
I have not used TmpGenc XPress, but I know with TmpgEnc you have to be careful when you do the conversion because it is hard to set up the borders properly. If you don't add borders, then your screen will be cut off on the edges. One of the reasons I use dvd2svcd is because I can add the borders in the frameserve tab and it will automatically run TmpgEnc or CCE with the correct parameters.

thx for the tip.
i never realize that.. i tried TMPGenc before.. gave me some error, so i sticked iwth Xpress..

so far so good :)

JC

Post by JC » May 10th, '06, 18:43

I used the CinemaCraft encoder before and once the file had finished transcoding, the size of it was over 3 Gig!!! :D

Any reason why this? :scratch:

groink

Post by groink » May 10th, '06, 20:38

JC wrote:I used the CinemaCraft encoder before and once the file had finished transcoding, the size of it was over 3 Gig!!! :D

Any reason why this? :scratch:
Welcome to the realities of MPEG-2.

A typical MPEG-2 - with 45 minutes of content, MPEG-2 audio at 224kbps, and 720x480 video at around 7000 to 8000bps will take up about 3GB of disk space. Other factors that affect file size include interlace/deinterlace modes, not that many changes from frame-to-frame (less movement = better compression), among other things.

So in your situation, see what the video and audio specifications of the MPEG-2 file are. When you convert Divx/Xvid/etc. to MPEG-2, you really have to tweak the MPEG-2 speed settings to bring the file size to optimized levels.

--- groink

JC

Post by JC » May 15th, '06, 01:24

When I encode my video, I adjust the settings so that it encodes into PAL format. But when I play the video back along with the audio track, it plays-back slow!!

How do I fix this? Is it anything to do with the fps?

Anyone...?

:scratch: