K-stars in the military

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.
alexwinter

K-stars in the military

Post by alexwinter » Jan 24th, '06, 05:57

Here are some K-stars currently serving in the army.
Attachments
Han Jae-suk 
<br />(All about Eve, Glass Shoes)
Han Jae-suk
(All about Eve, Glass Shoes)
hanjs.jpg (20.85 KiB) Viewed 3416 times
Jang Hyuk 
<br />(Success story of bright girl)
Jang Hyuk
(Success story of bright girl)
jh.jpg (17.16 KiB) Viewed 3416 times
Ji Sung
<br />(All in )
Ji Sung
(All in )
js.jpg (17.92 KiB) Viewed 3416 times
So Ji-sup 
<br />(Sorry I love you)
So Ji-sup
(Sorry I love you)
sjs.jpg (18.29 KiB) Viewed 3416 times
Song Seung-hun
<br />(Summer scent, Autumn's tale)
Song Seung-hun
(Summer scent, Autumn's tale)
ssh.jpg (20.43 KiB) Viewed 3416 times
Yoon Gye-sang
<br />(ex-god member,  My sister in law is 19??)
Yoon Gye-sang
(ex-god member, My sister in law is 19??)
ygs.jpg (15.76 KiB) Viewed 3416 times

Sunshine_36

Post by Sunshine_36 » Jan 25th, '06, 01:52

Two other one you didn't mentionned about is Won Bin and Kwon Sang Woo (I think? Not sure but I heard it) --> Hope it's not false infos lol :whistling:

alexwinter

Post by alexwinter » Jan 25th, '06, 03:01

Two other one you didn't mentionned about is Won Bin and Kwon Sang Woo (I think? Not sure but I heard it) --> Hope it's not false infos lol

Kwon Sang-woo finished his duty long time ago, and I heard he was such a model
soldier that he was performed as a drill assistant.

nrg_hot330

Post by nrg_hot330 » Feb 3rd, '06, 14:46

i hope they'll do their job well and come back.

by the way Sunshine, i really like ur banner. dennis is so hot..

Sunshine_36

Post by Sunshine_36 » Feb 4th, '06, 14:20

nrg_hot330 wrote:i hope they'll do their job well and come back.

by the way Sunshine, i really like ur banner. dennis is so hot..
Ohh lol thanks the credits actually go to zaizai_f4_only and her friend ... I kind of took it :D.

nrg_hot330

Post by nrg_hot330 » Feb 4th, '06, 15:12

u kinda took it?.hehe that's funny. i do that sometimes too.lol

kc_l_4ever

Post by kc_l_4ever » Feb 6th, '06, 21:56

wow i knew sjs and ssh were in the military but i didn't know jh, js, hjs, and ygs were in it as well...

tnguyet

Post by tnguyet » Mar 13th, '06, 22:19

Didn't Kwon Sang Woo already finish his military time though? :blink

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Mar 13th, '06, 22:22

Military service is compulsory for all males in Korea, isn't it?

(I thought that was why my friend Guy told me never to get into a fight with a Korean in a bar, cuz they had all had hand-to-hand combat training)

Sunshine_36

Post by Sunshine_36 » Mar 13th, '06, 22:24

pokute wrote:Military service is compulsory for all males in Korea, isn't it?

(I thought that was why my friend Guy told me never to get into a fight with a Korean in a bar, cuz they had all had hand-to-hand combat training)
yep, it is :(.

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Mar 13th, '06, 22:24

why do they have to go through the military training?

it is the same like spore. at least that is what i remember

Sunshine_36

Post by Sunshine_36 » Mar 13th, '06, 22:29

milleu87 wrote:why do they have to go through the military training?

it is the same like spore. at least that is what i remember
Well, I think because when war breaks out they need to know what to do :D?

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Mar 13th, '06, 23:07

Or if they get picked on in a bar for wearing golf clothes?

In Israel they have compulsory military service for women too... This presents unique hazards for the unwary male tourist.

silverpromises

Post by silverpromises » Mar 22nd, '06, 01:27

pokute wrote:Or if they get picked on in a bar for wearing golf clothes?

In Israel they have compulsory military service for women too... This presents unique hazards for the unwary male tourist.
Hahahahaha!!! Golf clothes? I guess that's a pretty good way to describe how some of the Koreans at my school dress. but they're so cute in their golf clothes!!! Besides...most of them play tennis. I should go join the tennis team too!! :lol

But maybe they make it compulsory so that all the guys turn out all musclely and pretty. Yay!!

anthitran

Post by anthitran » Apr 6th, '06, 08:18

omg, 3 of my fave k-actors are in the army right now? How sad
1. Ji Sung
2. So Ji-sup
3. Song Seung-hun

Thanks for the info., otherwise I wouldn't know. I thought they're just on their vacation.

biteme_lestat

Post by biteme_lestat » Apr 6th, '06, 08:22

Kwon Sang Woo finished his military service years ago...right after college i think...

One guy from 1TYM just also enlisted recently..it's BaeKyung if i'm not mistaken...

And some of the guys from GOD...

cheek

Post by cheek » Apr 6th, '06, 08:27

It is good ..that all korean actor Do go for their National service... coz when they start acting again they are fully focus on the Job In Hand............... Like the KISSING part or Love Scene..... heheheh ....hahahahaa..... coz u know... being in the Army... give u more Idea... to do IT Right...heheheh hahahah..............LOL

cheek

Post by cheek » Apr 24th, '06, 00:37

those actors need to go for their N/s coz... when they come out.....they will put all idea in acting career

luith

Post by luith » Apr 24th, '06, 00:57

cheek wrote:It is good ..that all korean actor Do go for their National service... coz when they start acting again they are fully focus on the Job In Hand............... Like the KISSING part or Love Scene..... heheheh ....hahahahaa..... coz u know... being in the Army... give u more Idea... to do IT Right...heheheh hahahah..............LOL
Aaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahah XD I am having trouble breathing with laughing so hard

This all reminds me of when my friend Young-chul went to NC to apply for a college. He went to a bar to celebrate his acceptance, and this drunk guy was creating a big fuss. He was yelling at everyone, and finally saw Young-chul (and yes, his golf clothes) and began to call him a wuss (and other things, which will stay censored). When my friend turned around, he got pissed and grabbed a bottle to hit him, but Young-chul went Kwon Sang Woo on him, and kicked his ass! :lol When my friend turned around, the other guy got up to hit him, but he kicked him in the neck. Aaaaaahahaha. Then our friend yelled "AISH! DON'T YOU KNOW KOREANS GO TO WAR TRAINING?! IDIOT"

cheek

Post by cheek » Apr 24th, '06, 07:55

heheh......... Those Boys.... Sure Need time to Polish up their Body & Mind.... BODY means.... Those SIXs Pax Abs.... There are too DIE forrr..... heheh .... just like WON Bin.... Looking at His ABs.... make saliva drull all over the pc...........heheh.... Girls ...U know what i mean...........hehehe LOL

Ice114Rain625

Aja Aja Fighting!!!

Post by Ice114Rain625 » Apr 25th, '06, 19:16

I really really miss SSH, I hope he's eating well and sleeping well, hope he's healthy!
I hope they all do a GREAT job and return soon, wonder if So Ji Sub and SSH are together in the same camp, that would be great since they're good friends.
Attachments
th_WALLPAPERaitsu.jpg
th_WALLPAPERaitsu.jpg (5.72 KiB) Viewed 2473 times

yaya*

Post by yaya* » Apr 30th, '06, 03:13

has kim jung hoon serve military service?he's already 26 ryt?so he must've done his military service..watcha think?

shortcake

Post by shortcake » Apr 30th, '06, 03:30

When do guys have to have their service done? How long do they need to be there? They're paid for their time right?

snowfairy

Post by snowfairy » Apr 30th, '06, 05:24

shortcake wrote:When do guys have to have their service done? How long do they need to be there? They're paid for their time right?
Usually guys are called for enlistment around 21years old, however a lot of them postpone serving in the army until they graduate the college. So it depends on what kind of life plan you have, you can either further your study to graduate school, that way you can postpone until you reach 30. (a lot of entertainers do that.) or finish it at the early age and concentrate on your study and career. ('cause you are going to do it anyway)

They are supposed to serve for 2years, it used to be 2 and a half years.

They get paid. But very little. You'd better call it a pocket money. Around a couple of hundred bucks a month? Compared to the earnings the actors like Won Bin, and SSH make as civilians.. it's really nothing.. but it's a mandatory service..

Kim Jung Hoon hasn't gone into the army yet.. He is currently going to graduate school..
Not SNU, (still a lot of girls think he is studying dentistry.. He gave up long time ago. He is majoring in acting now..) So I think he isn't really ready for the army huh?

kouka1

Has Bi been in the military?

Post by kouka1 » May 2nd, '06, 01:37

Does anyone know if Bi(Rain) has been in the Korean Military ever?
I know all Korean men are required to serve the country. If he has not, has anybody heard what his plan is?

Ice114Rain625

Post by Ice114Rain625 » May 2nd, '06, 01:42

I only know Bi's latest news, don't really know what his military plan is, try emailing JYPE, they might answer you

snowfairy

Re: Has Bi been in the military?

Post by snowfairy » May 2nd, '06, 05:06

kouka1 wrote:Does anyone know if Bi(Rain) has been in the Korean Military ever?
I know all Korean men are required to serve the country. If he has not, has anybody heard what his plan is?
You don't have to worry about his going into the army for a while..

Male celebs like Kangta(1979), Tony Ahn (1978), Jang Woo Hyuk (1978) don't even consider it until next year, not to mention all the Shinwha guys (born in 1978 to 1981).

I think Bi is only like 24 or something, and he will try to postpone his duty until he thinks it's the right time..
Last edited by snowfairy on May 2nd, '06, 08:06, edited 1 time in total.

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: Has Bi been in the military?

Post by gunjourui » May 2nd, '06, 07:29

snowfairy wrote:...not to mention all the Shinwha guys (born from 1978 to 1981)
I heard Minu would start his military service at the end of this year but I can't give you the source coz I don't remember where I read about it :unsure:

Saragorn
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Saragorn » May 3rd, '06, 03:23

NOOOOOooooooooooo! :cry:

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » May 4th, '06, 01:58

hmmmm......i heard sumwer that DBSK did theirs alreadi..some of the members alreadi did it..lyk..ages ago..but sum haven't..so..theyr juz doin it fairly recentli..idk if they have finishd it alreadi tho...at least..dats wut my korean friend was moaning to me about...hahaha..that she'll be missing DBSK and oh yes...SHINHWA too..hahahah...

and on the topic of military training...well..some countries DO make it compulsory...for example, in the philippines...EVERYONE is supposed to do 2 years of Philippine Army Training during our junior and senior year in HS...if u dun want to do it...the onlii other choice u have is to be a medic...altho..its also a hard job..and then..the Men continuce doing PMT up till college...the women had to do it for college too b4..but then..the gov't changed it... ^^ i fink its sumhow...helpful..lol..its better to be prepared..especialli in a countri wit a lot of unrest atm...

mist1105

Post by mist1105 » May 4th, '06, 07:29

*sniffs* i miss won bin, so ji-sub, and SSH.. they need to come bak and make dramas.