Hayao Miyazaki's Next Film To Be Revealed on May 5

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
Hero

Hayao Miyazaki's Next Film To Be Revealed on May 5

Post by Hero » May 4th, '06, 10:56

thats tomorrow and its going to be on TBS
anyone going to upload it here? I really like his movies and wonder what his next one is going to be.

Also his son's Goro MIyazaki "Gedo Senki" looks brilliant.

vis

Post by vis » May 4th, '06, 11:45

HUH?! Really? Is Hayau Miyazaki going to work on a new movie? o___0 His works are simply fantastic! XD

Lowest

Post by Lowest » May 4th, '06, 13:08

I read about this yesterday on twitch, I heard that Miyazaki was against his son doing a Ghibli film not sure why though.. also, it won't be uploaded here since this site doesn't allow anime..

noura

Post by noura » May 4th, '06, 13:14

I read that the reason for Miyazaki being against his son doing the film was that his son is not good enough to be director yet..and the co-workers in the studio said that the father and the son is not talking to each other.. not even saying hello !!

Hero

Post by Hero » May 4th, '06, 13:18

noura wrote:I read that the reason for Miyazaki being against his son doing the film was that his son is not good enough to be director yet..and the co-workers in the studio said that the father and the son is not talking to each other.. not even saying hello !!
Still Gedo Senki looks amazing.

Where would this be uploaded then? Its not all anime, its an interview with Hayao talking about his new movie.

Lowest

Post by Lowest » May 4th, '06, 13:22

Yeah, though it still falls under the same category I think, It'll probably be on youtube somewhen, I'd keep on eye on ANN, they'll probably have a article somewhen..

oberon

Post by oberon » May 4th, '06, 13:54

this movie is called: Tales from Earthsea. And I heard dat Okada junichi from V6 is one of the seiyuu check:
http://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/earthsea/
http://www.ghibli.jp/ged_02/
or

It looks great, as would be expected from studio Ghibli

Wolfsbane68

Post by Wolfsbane68 » May 5th, '06, 10:38

I used to be *meh* about Ursula K. Le Guin. And then I read the 4th Earthsea book. Now I hate her so much it spilled over onto the trilogy as well. In the hindsight, there were clues there as well :-\

wickedseahorse

Post by wickedseahorse » May 8th, '06, 19:49

i simply love miyazaki and i am just absolutely excited over this movie. i just checked bn.com and there are apparently five books to this series, though i just read above that it's supposd to have beena trilogy... well.. i dont know... anyways... sounds interesting and i am SURE that miyazaki will do an awesome job with it. is it coming out this july!??!?!??!?!?!???!!??!?!?!

xiaoshenlong

Post by xiaoshenlong » May 8th, '06, 19:53

wow thanks. i'm looking forward to it.

Hero

Post by Hero » May 8th, '06, 21:36

you can watch the show at ghibliworld.com
but it doesnt show any footage of his new film

Hero

Post by Hero » May 8th, '06, 21:37

wickedseahorse wrote:i simply love miyazaki and i am just absolutely excited over this movie. i just checked bn.com and there are apparently five books to this series, though i just read above that it's supposd to have beena trilogy... well.. i dont know... anyways... sounds interesting and i am SURE that miyazaki will do an awesome job with it. is it coming out this july!??!?!??!?!?!???!!??!?!?!
Gedo Senki is out in July but its not Hayao Miyazaki's new film, its his sons.

oberon

Post by oberon » May 9th, '06, 06:23

Does anyone know if it will get a international release, just like howl and spirted away??

Wolfsbane68

Post by Wolfsbane68 » May 10th, '06, 11:34

oberon wrote:Does anyone know if it will get a international release, just like howl and spirted away??
The odds are definitely in the favor of it.

Hero

Post by Hero » May 10th, '06, 17:35

I saw the show on www.Ghibliworld.com but no trailer shown and no translation
It showed a lot of his past films tho.

sillypup

why angry?

Post by sillypup » May 10th, '06, 17:48

well, ghibli films are always originals not just a retelling of a story already written in a book. i think that is why the father and son are mad at each other. differences in opinion on an anime project. the father didn't want to make this anime but the son insisted. it's not the father's project but the son's. i read this in an interview somewhere on the net with the father.

wickedseahorse

Post by wickedseahorse » May 15th, '06, 22:57

Hero wrote:
wickedseahorse wrote:i simply love miyazaki and i am just absolutely excited over this movie. i just checked bn.com and there are apparently five books to this series, though i just read above that it's supposd to have beena trilogy... well.. i dont know... anyways... sounds interesting and i am SURE that miyazaki will do an awesome job with it. is it coming out this july!??!?!??!?!?!???!!??!?!?!
Gedo Senki is out in July but its not Hayao Miyazaki's new film, its his sons.
oh ok... is his son anything like his father?

jigoku

Post by jigoku » May 21st, '06, 02:50

oberon wrote:this movie is called: Tales from Earthsea. And I heard dat Okada junichi from V6 is one of the seiyuu check:
http://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/earthsea/
http://www.ghibli.jp/ged_02/
or

It looks great, as would be expected from studio Ghibli
wow okada junichi!!
this is a must see then!! cant wait!! woohoooo!
:wub: