Jdramas on JAL planes?

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
Hero

Jdramas on JAL planes?

Post by Hero » May 8th, '06, 21:51

I heard somewhere before that they watched jdrama whilst on an aeroplane.
Does anyone know which airline that is? or does it exist?
I'll be traveling on JAL this summer and it would be great to know if they showed jdramas or not on those mini personal screens.
anyone know?
thanks

Gir

Post by Gir » May 8th, '06, 22:09

Well, the only thing I can tell you is that a couple of years ago I flew JAL from LAX to Osaka and back, and the only thing that was on the seat screens was movies. And the closest thing I saw was Wasabi in Japanese with subtitles. And on a side note JAL is a really nice airline to fly on.

2triky

Re: Jdramas on JAL planes?

Post by 2triky » May 8th, '06, 22:22

Hero wrote:I heard somewhere before that they watched jdrama whilst on an aeroplane.
Does anyone know which airline that is? or does it exist?
I'll be traveling on JAL this summer and it would be great to know if they showed jdramas or not on those mini personal screens.
anyone know?
thanks
Why don't you go to the JAL website or call the JAL customer service telephone number to inquire about their in-flight entertainment offerings? :-)

spacecommand

Post by spacecommand » May 8th, '06, 22:26

I guess it would depend, if it were an international flight probably no, if it was a domestic flight, then maybe yes. I'm not 100 percent sure, but I know there might be programming difference in international flights, vs domestic flights.

2triky

Post by 2triky » May 8th, '06, 22:30

spacecommand wrote:I guess it would depend, if it were an international flight probably no, if it was a domestic flight, then maybe yes. I'm not 100 percent sure, but I know there might be programming difference in international flights, vs domestic flights.

i'm sure you're right...that usually is the case.... btw, domestic flights in and out of tokyo go through haneda airport while int'l flights in and out of tokyo go through narita airport.

Hero

Post by Hero » May 10th, '06, 17:34

well thanks I'll wait and see now