Recommended C-Dramas (Ask for suggestions here)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
xingjing
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xingjing » Apr 20th, '06, 22:42

What can I say? All the Taiwanese dramas have disappointed me. Not only that, ALL of the modern ones suck... wait, no.

Has ANYBODY seen Fen Hong Nu Lang, which is Pink Ladies, basically? That was the only one I really really liked because that one was really funny and cute. There's another one called Shuang Xiang Pao, Double-Canon, which is also really hilarious. Both of them are the only modern ones that, I have to say, are my only hope for the modern ones.

Thus, most of the time I just stick with the ancient costume martial arts stuff. Those ARE SOOOOO good.

Chinese Paladin, Xian Jian, is absolutely amazing.

Check out all of the dramas that are made based on Jin Yong's books. They're all amazing. Especially the newer ones: Tian long Ba Bu, Return of Condor Heroes, Xiao Ao Jiang Hu, etc etc.

Tian Wai Fei Xian is also really good.

Pearl Princess?... o__0. In my opinion, I don't think so. I rewatched it recently and I don't understand why it was so amusing. It's gotten stale and overused.

horndogbuddhist

Post by horndogbuddhist » Apr 21st, '06, 03:42

xingjing wrote:What can I say? All the Taiwanese dramas have disappointed me. Not only that, ALL of the modern ones suck... wait, no.

Has ANYBODY seen Fen Hong Nu Lang, which is Pink Ladies, basically? That was the only one I really really liked because that one was really funny and cute. There's another one called Shuang Xiang Pao, Double-Canon, which is also really hilarious. Both of them are the only modern ones that, I have to say, are my only hope for the modern ones.

Thus, most of the time I just stick with the ancient costume martial arts stuff. Those ARE SOOOOO good.

Check out all of the dramas that are made based on Jin Yong's books. They're all amazing. Especially the newer ones: Tian long Ba Bu, Return of Condor Heroes, Xiao Ao Jiang Hu, etc etc.

Pearl Princess?... o__0. In my opinion, I don't think so. I rewatched it recently and I don't understand why it was so amusing. It's gotten stale and overused.
agree and disagree with you there...DEFINTLY agree with you on Return of Condor Heroes....especially the 2006 version....had the 1993?? version and it wasn't as good as the 2006 version

DISAGREE with the point at how the newer dramas suck...what about Devil Beside You...isn't that a "modern" drama....I've enjoyed it very much...it's funny and yet kinda cute...but hey each to his/her own

xingjing
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xingjing » Apr 29th, '06, 02:02

horndogbuddhist wrote:
xingjing wrote:What can I say? All the Taiwanese dramas have disappointed me. Not only that, ALL of the modern ones suck... wait, no.

agree and disagree with you there...DEFINTLY agree with you on Return of Condor Heroes....especially the 2006 version....had the 1993?? version and it wasn't as good as the 2006 version

DISAGREE with the point at how the newer dramas suck...what about Devil Beside You...isn't that a "modern" drama....I've enjoyed it very much...it's funny and yet kinda cute...but hey each to his/her own
Maybe must have been because I got bored of it because I was also doing HW at the same time. But Devil Beside You got sort of boring. But it's all personal opinion, of course. It is funny.

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Apr 30th, '06, 09:15

I agree, Taiwanese dramas fro the most part are just not up to par (anymore). :wink: And the ones you mentioned you liked are China produced. :P At first I thought, Devil Beside You was so great, I mean its enjoyable but its almost quite silly. That applies to ISAK too. I just saw the first four eps of Green Forest My Home which I enjoy a lot. I snuck a peak at The Magicians of Love which seems worthwhile. I usually like those settv/ettv? (whatever that company is called) dramas. :cheers:

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Apr 30th, '06, 16:37

Kai Lien wrote:I agree, Taiwanese dramas fro the most part are just not up to par (anymore). :wink: And the ones you mentioned you liked are China produced. :P At first I thought, Devil Beside You was so great, I mean its enjoyable but its almost quite silly. That applies to ISAK too. I just saw the first four eps of Green Forest My Home which I enjoy a lot. I snuck a peak at The Magicians of Love which seems worthwhile. I usually like those settv/ettv? (whatever that company is called) dramas. :cheers:
I agree the 2005 dramas are not that great.. i watched Devil bedised you and almost stoped watching it.... ISWAK was alright nothing special.. However if you guys want something refreshing .. i would highly recommend

BUMP OFF LOVER.. a new series its REALLLLLY GOOD... TRY IT!!!

blurred

Post by blurred » May 11th, '06, 03:47

haha Pink Ladies and Double Canon are both mainland productions. Oh and Pearl Princess too. =P
But I agree, Taiwanese modern day dramas do get quite boring at times, with the exception of a few (IT STARTED WITH A KISS!!!)

auroragb

Post by auroragb » May 11th, '06, 21:08

blurred wrote:haha Pink Ladies and Double Canon are both mainland productions. Oh and Pearl Princess too. =P
But I agree, Taiwanese modern day dramas do get quite boring at times, with the exception of a few (IT STARTED WITH A KISS!!!)
Problem is that twDramas are derivative stylistically. There are currently 3 main schools of dramas in tw.
Qiong Yao - everything is melodramatic. gotta cry every ep, etc etc. Problem is, only Qong Yao does Qong Yao well, even she screws up from time to time

PiLiHuo - EVERYTHING IS SERIOUS. If you don't believe me I'm gonna send you a cake-bomb :lol

Idol - basically Japan derivative. Started from MG, most recently there was ISWAK

there is also a Ah-Gu sub-school which is to take well known source material and ram it into the ground, which is what happened to most TW Jin Yong adaptations...

hagin

Post by hagin » May 12th, '06, 03:31

IT started with a kiss

taiyo-chan

Post by taiyo-chan » May 12th, '06, 03:55

um, there was a drama that I really liked when i watched it when I was younger...but I'm not sure what it was called...so, if anyone can help identify it...?
It was about these two girls who had arranged marriages and they met each other in a temple or something and then got on the wrong sedan thingies...so they married the wrong grooms...
i don't really remember if it was good (i was young when i watched it), but i liked it...it was funny...so...help?
anywayz, good series:
Pearl Princess 1...(2 and 3 were not necessary)
MARS
Romance in the Rain
Yang Warriors
more...but i can't think of their titles...

fufu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fufu » May 14th, '06, 02:46

taiyo-chan wrote:um, there was a drama that I really liked when i watched it when I was younger...but I'm not sure what it was called...so, if anyone can help identify it...?
It was about these two girls who had arranged marriages and they met each other in a temple or something and then got on the wrong sedan thingies...so they married the wrong grooms...
i don't really remember if it was good (i was young when i watched it), but i liked it...it was funny...so...help?
oh, oh....I THINK I know which one you're talking about :lol I think you're talking about "¤W¿ùªáÃâ¶ù¹ï­¦"
I dunno if I'm right...hahaha....just guessing :roll

I recommend Green Forest and The Magicians of Love :mrgreen:
(okay...don't listen to me. I'm biased because I subbed those series)

taiyo-chan

Post by taiyo-chan » May 14th, '06, 05:04

fufu wrote: oh, oh....I THINK I know which one you're talking about :lol I think you're talking about "¤W¿ùªáÃâ¶ù¹ï­¦"
I dunno if I'm right...hahaha....just guessing
heh, i dunno if ur right either, my computer, or firefox, doesn't like chinese...

fufu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fufu » May 14th, '06, 06:14

taiyo-chan wrote:
fufu wrote: oh, oh....I THINK I know which one you're talking about :lol I think you're talking about "¤W¿ùªáÃâ¶ù¹ï­¦"
I dunno if I'm right...hahaha....just guessing
heh, i dunno if ur right either, my computer, or firefox, doesn't like chinese...
I managed to find their drama info site:
http://www.ettoday.com/ettv_drama/event ... index3.htm

see if this brings back some memories :lol
Hope I got the right one....

taiyo-chan

Post by taiyo-chan » May 14th, '06, 17:23

yup, that's right!
my mama loves this series, i think we have it somewhere around the house on a very very bad vcd...
thank you!!!

auroragb

Post by auroragb » May 17th, '06, 20:45

I was thinking about the same drama, but you said sedan, so i thought it was a modern drama :lol

taiyo-chan

Post by taiyo-chan » May 17th, '06, 23:11

oh oops...
i don't know...
didn't know what they were called, thought they were called like sedan chairs or somethin'...
my bad....
thank you tho!!!!

applejuice

Post by applejuice » May 28th, '06, 19:24

I liked ISWAK and Devil Beside You.
I kind of liked Triumph in the Skies but I got sick of the characters.. so yeah.

jpoplover08

Post by jpoplover08 » Jun 1st, '06, 18:50

You know i just recently started watching Tiawanese dramas along with J and K dramas as well. The ones i would definitely recommend would be:

1.) Devil Beside you. (havent seen it? YOUR MISSING OUT BIG TIME!)
2.)MG 1 and heck even MG 2, just to carry on the tradition even though it wasnt as good as the first.
3.) Prince turns into frog, im watching it now and I LOVE IT!!!
4.) Mars, OF COURSE!
5.) ISWAK, even though i didnt like it all that much, it wasnt the best thing but it had its moments, and of course JOE WAS IN IT...

these are in no particular order becuz i loved these all the same! By the way, i'll be starting bump off lover and Green Forest, my home soon. Anyone know if they're a waste of time? Becuz if they are i dont want to waste my time watching them when i could be watching something else...

kko_lit

Post by kko_lit » Jun 7th, '06, 03:24

chocoholix wrote:It started with a kiss - (currently ongoing) I've nvr watched the jdrama but managed to read the manga summary. An amusing plot, ridiculus and unbelievable most of of the time but nevertheless still enjoyable. Worthy, even if just for Joe Cheng :w00t:
wait... there's a jdorama? oooo...

horndogbuddhist

Post by horndogbuddhist » Jun 7th, '06, 03:29

Defintly ISWAK, Prince Turns Into Frog, Devil Beside You, Return Of Condor Heros (2006 Version), Chinese Paladin...oh too many to list

sofia

Post by sofia » Jun 7th, '06, 07:20

It would have to be Prince turns into frog.
devils beside you
mars
it started with a kiss

cel

Post by cel » Jun 12th, '06, 12:32

I would highly recommend ISWAK

TheCerebralAssassin

Post by TheCerebralAssassin » Jun 16th, '06, 20:37

Can anyone recommend me a good modern Mando drama? Something modern and features teenagers or young adults. Romance and comedy is good. Also needs english subs available.

Penoy

Post by Penoy » Jun 17th, '06, 06:29

ISWAK ISWAK ISWAK ISWAK ISWAK ISWAK ISWAK ISWAK ISWAK ISWAK ISWAK ISWAK ISWAK ISWAK ISWAK ISWAK ISWAK ISWAK ISWAK ISWAK ISWAK ISWAK ISWAK ISWAK

ISWAK IS WHAT TAIWANESE DRAMA IS ALL ABOUT

sparkled_silver

Post by sparkled_silver » Jun 22nd, '06, 20:14

I recommend white roble lovers *bao pao zhi lian* and the outsiders (outsiders 2 if you like alan luo, he's so cool there)
heh both by ady and dylan

tres_12

Post by tres_12 » Jun 23rd, '06, 10:59

i recommend tokyo juliet de starting is already pretty nice...anyway who has the show TOKYO JULIET..can u kindly msg me the link..thanks lots

Ceciel

Post by Ceciel » Jun 23rd, '06, 17:00

Silence is definitely worth to see it !!

jpoplover08

Post by jpoplover08 » Jun 30th, '06, 03:17

Devil Beside you, MARS, Magicians of love, Prince turns into frog, and Bump off lover. I havent finished Bump off lover but man is it addicting!!! I highly recommend that! :D Green Forest wasnt all that bad except i just couldnt finish it becuz i really really wanted Esther to be with Ethan and not William...and of course since that wasnt going to happen i gave it up. :-(

PS I dont see what all the hoopla is about ISWAK. Frankly i hated it. I couldnt stand Ariel's character. I only watched it becuz of Joe Cheng. But i will say that the ending was very very cute. And unfortunately i will be watching the 2nd season. Becuz i cant just give it up. I know i know... :blink

EDIT: I will start watching Tokyo Juliet as soon as they're a little more into the subs. Only ep. 2? Thats sad... :cry:

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Jun 30th, '06, 03:27

jpoplover08 wrote: PS I dont see what all the hoopla is about ISWAK. Frankly i hated it. I couldnt stand Ariel's character. I only watched it becuz of Joe Cheng. But i will say that the ending was very very cute. And unfortunately i will be watching the 2nd season. Becuz i cant just give it up. I know i know... :blink

EDIT: I will start watching Tokyo Juliet as soon as they're a little more into the subs. Only ep. 2? Thats sad... :cry:
I don't like Ariel Lin's character to a point but I CAN'T STAND the lead actress for the Japanese version although both male leads are so hot in both versions :wub:. Oh and please don't say that about the subs for Tokyo Juliet. It sounds as if you're complaining and we're trying the best we can. Since we're a new fansub, things will be shaky at first so you can't expect fast releases. We're all trying to get used to our "jobs".

jjing

Post by jjing » Jul 1st, '06, 03:06

my favorite five are:
1) at the dolphin bay (my favorite)
2) my mvp valentine
3) marmalade boy
4) meteor garden I
5) love contract

lazybum

Post by lazybum » Jul 1st, '06, 03:34

silence seems good so far. i can't wait for the new episodes each week

ultrasoul

Post by ultrasoul » Jul 1st, '06, 04:31

Hi!

I've seen now a few TV-series that I can recommend.

As for the ancient types i agree with the most already posted. The ones based on Jin Yong Novels are worth a try like Return of the condor heroes 2006, Tian Long Ba Bu, Heavenly Sword and Dragon Saber.

Watching the legend of the condor heroes 2002 at the moment. Not that bad, although it drags a lot in the middle. Maybe that is just the story. But helps to understand ROCH better.
I hope and think that the new version with Hu Ge, Ariel Lin and Nicholas Tse will be great.

Proud Twins aka Legendary Siblings II is nice. Funny and sad at the same time. With a lot of cg effects too.

Chinese Paladin is a great fantasy tale. But be careful, if you can't stand sad endings.

Tian Wai Fei Xian aka Fairy from Wonderland looks interesting. Have only the first 3 eps of that.

As for modern types it is noticeable that there are a lot of manga adaptations in Taiwan.
Those are really well made and very successful.

The best example is Meteor Garden, adapted from Hana yori dango.
Then also It started with a kiss (Itazurana kiss), Devil beside you (Akuma de sourou), Mars. And a lot more I believe.

I don't know if you can call them "classical" taiwanese drama, because you can, besides from Mars, obviously notice the manga like story and exageration.

Nevertheless they are great tv- series. Mars is my favourite as being true to the manga story with romance and hardship, but not too exaggerated.

Meteor Garden has a very exagerated setting with the super rich and super poor theme. But I just loved the manga. The japanese drama was very good too, but too short. Maybe there will be a second season.

As for ISWAK and DBY. They are both about how the girl finally gets the boy. ISWAK is definitely more on the comical manga side. The problems are more between the main characters, while in DBY many outside obstacles often prevents them from being together.
In my opinion DBY has the more likeable main characters. I only wished that the drama would have ended like the manga.
With a romantic wedding.
ISWAK has more funny moments and great actors. Especially the main couple. And one of the best endings, of course.

So everyone that likes shoujo manga would definetely like these too.

There will be a Hanakimi adaptation, another one of my fav. mangas. But I'm not that fond of the actors for the main couple.

Wait and see I guess.
Last edited by ultrasoul on Jul 2nd, '06, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.

horndogbuddhist

Post by horndogbuddhist » Jul 1st, '06, 04:40

ultrasoul - defintly would agree with you there

a new one that I really am enjoying right now is Tokyo Juliet (with the same girl as in ISWAK)...although right now it just seems really sappy

KillerSmile

Post by KillerSmile » Jul 5th, '06, 00:50

Prince turns into A frog
Magicians of love
Devil Beside u
Love contract
CHinese Paladin
more and more and more......

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jul 5th, '06, 01:02

Is Twin of Brothers the same as Proud Twins aka Legendary Siblings? I am now dl Twin of Brothers but Proud Twins also sound interesting!?

ultrasoul

Post by ultrasoul » Jul 6th, '06, 09:08

As far as I know they are not the same.

According to dramawiki Twin of Brothers is a TVB-production with Raymond Lam and Ron Ng as main actors.

Proud Twins is Legendary Siblings II. In this sequel Jimmy Lin again and Tae play the main parts.

I am currently downloading the series from jem's torrent. I can't hardly wait for the last eps. It's funny with Jimmy as always, but also very serious with several fights, cg included of course, betrayels and secret connections.

But the complicated love triangles are really touching. Some people just have to experience the hardest time until they find their love.

So, I recommend to try it out.

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jul 6th, '06, 09:28

ultrasoul wrote:As far as I know they are not the same.

According to dramawiki Twin of Brothers is a TVB-production with Raymond Lam and Ron Ng as main actors.

Proud Twins is Legendary Siblings II. In this sequel Jimmy Lin again and Tae play the main parts.

I am currently downloading the series from jem's torrent. I can't hardly wait for the last eps. It's funny with Jimmy as always, but also very serious with several fights, cg included of course, betrayels and secret connections.

But the complicated love triangles are really touching. Some people just have to experience the hardest time until they find their love.

So, I recommend to try it out.
I watched the first 4 eps of Twin of Brothers. They are funny and made me laugh a few times but somehow I don't find it addictive. Maybe I will like the series more when the story progresses and things get more serious. But seriously, I don't find the four male and female leads that good looking.... I'll make a final decision after I watch another 4 eps. In a series this long, new characters continue to pop out well into eps 10!!

I'll try out Proud Twins/Legendary Siblings. You mean there is a first part? Where to dl that??

ultrasoul

Post by ultrasoul » Jul 6th, '06, 09:47

I couldn't find the original Legendary Siblings either. I mean with english subs.
Maybe the raws can be found, but that won't do it for me.

There is also another version of Legendary Siblings with Nicholas Tse as one of the main characters. Couldn't find it either. :(
but I read somewhere that this version isn't that good storywise. Changed a lot, and not for the better.

Maybe someone will sub it here at d-addicts.

silverstarach

Post by silverstarach » Jul 7th, '06, 05:43

I have recently finished watching tvb drama: Lethal Weapon of Love and Passion starring raymond lam, charmaine, bosco, sharon, etc.. It has been awhile since I last watched ancient series.. I am impressed with raymond's acting skills as it has been improved over the years.. For those who like drama that has martial arts, romance, politics & comedy in one package, you can give it a try.. :-)

For other recommendations from tvb drama - Under canopy of love & Trimming Success.. *Dreamy sigh* I have fallen in love with tvb drama once again.. :wub:

Taiwan dramas: Definitely Devil beside You, It started with a kiss, Magic Ring
:thumright:

farha

Post by farha » Jul 10th, '06, 05:14

currently wathcing Magicians Of Love (i Like Ming Dao & Qiao Qiao) & Tokyo Juliet. Ariel Lin's drama seems to interest me more. she's such a good actress.

finished
Love Contract - Mike He & Ariel had tons of chemistry. only i don't like the ending. pretty cofusing
ISWAK - Joey & again Ariel. hehehe.
Magic Ring - I really like Joe in this. maybe it's the first time i saw his drama
Devil Beside You - I like it at first. but towards the end kind of boring. maybe i'm biased towards Ariel with time in Love Contract.
Mr. Fighting - 5566 so cute also esther & qiao qiao (this is the first drama i watched of her). and i like the bad brother (Duan Yuan Hao)
Top Of forbidden city - Also Qiao Qiao's in it with Gino K-One stars.

SiMPLYSMiLES

Post by SiMPLYSMiLES » Jul 17th, '06, 00:37

Hmmm...After finishing watching them, I would recommend,

Proud Twins It was awesome, starring Nicholas Tse and Dicky Cheung. Nicholas Tse was hot in there. heh :wub:

Forensic Heros This one just came out this year. It was awesome and the cases in it was so wow. Stars Bobby Au Yeung. Check it out. :D One of my favorites this year.

Akasha

Post by Akasha » Jul 18th, '06, 05:23

Hello everyone,

I just watched DBY and really enjoyed the story (except the ending, like everyone else. It seems unsatisfying although it was a happy ending) and I like the chemistry between Rainie and Mike.:wub:

What other Taiwanese drama could you recommend that has the same modern-romatic-comedy genre like DBY with good looking lead actor & actresses? Thanks!

snooopy06

Post by snooopy06 » Jul 20th, '06, 12:20

what ISWAK and DBY is refering to
can you tell me the full name of the dramas

and thanks

ultrasoul

Post by ultrasoul » Jul 20th, '06, 16:36

@snooopy06:

ISWAK=It started with a kiss
DBY=Devil beside you

@Akasha:

I'm watching Love Contract at the moment. It is with Mike He and Ariel Lin. This series was before ISWAK and DBY. Although nearly everyone likes the pairs Mike & Rainie, Joe & Ariel, I thought Mike and Ariel were really great in this series.

Also there characters weren't that exaggerated manga-adapted ones like in the other dramas. Like Mike He plays a pretty normal guy with family issues and Ariel's character has her childhood wounds, literally.

Seeing them on Entertainment shows you could imagine them as a real-life couple. :) They are really nice together.

Another new one is Tokyo Juliet with Ariel. I've watched the first episode so far.. A bit too much on the sad side for me, I like a good mixture of funny and sad moments. But I think I'll give it a try once I finished my other series.

kat812

Post by kat812 » Jul 20th, '06, 19:34

KillerSmile wrote:Prince turns into A frog
Magicians of love
Devil Beside u
Love contract
CHinese Paladin
more and more and more......
i got bored near the end of devil beside u lol
didnt like love contract that much
chinese paladin was good thought lol more of my type :D

x1monicaaa

Post by x1monicaaa » Jul 24th, '06, 15:09

Well i just started watching Taiwanese series, and there are two that i'd say is worth watching (only cause i just watched two):

- At the Dolphin Bay : Well i watched it cause Wallace was in it mainly, but it turned out gooood

- Devil Beside You - this is a really goood and cute series and very entertaining

YangYu

Post by YangYu » Jul 25th, '06, 04:47

ROCH!!!!!!!!

foolip

Post by foolip » Jul 26th, '06, 16:50

I've seen a few taiwanese series, but could anyone recommend and mainland series? It seems to me that most of the mainland stuff is wuxia/costume dramas. That's not all bad, but I'm looking for modern day dramas right now. The only candidate I've found is 男才女貌 (Romance in the City/Boy & Girl). Would you recommend that one? Any others worth checking out?

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Jul 27th, '06, 22:52

foolip, I recommend these:

十八歲的天空 (Sky/The Shining Teenagers)
起跑天堂 (Qi Pao Tian Tang)
都是天使惹的禍 (Misfortunes caused by the Angel)
我的淘氣天使 (Dear Angel/ MyMischievous Angel)

Oh and... 魔術奇緣 (The Magic Touch of Fate)

Those are the only mainland modern dramas I've seen and loved. *Wonders if the chinese shows up right*

男才女貌 has a simple & typical story. I liked it a lot, especially because of Lu Yi. That series sparked my interested in watching more modern mainland dramas. :wink:

foolip

Post by foolip » Jul 28th, '06, 17:15

Thanks for those recommendations Kai Lien. It appears that none of them are on d-addicts, but I'll try searching other places too.

ultrasoul

Post by ultrasoul » Jul 28th, '06, 20:33

i finished Love Contract now. I have to say I found the ending a bit strange. I don't know.

Till the last episode i quite enjoyed the series. But mostly recommend it to fans of Ariel and/or Mike He. Just to see what different characters they played. And what good chemistry tere was between them.

For modern series I hardly can recommend that much, because I'm totally into wuxia series at the moment.

I've downloaded some episodes of prince turns to frog. But haven't watched it yet.

I think I'll try magic touch of fate. Alec Su, right? I love him in The Mischievous Princess. So many funny faces.

Btw: Kai Lien, love your avatar. Which drama/movie is it from?If you don't mind me asking...:)

ngocdung2111

Post by ngocdung2111 » Aug 4th, '06, 01:57

Princess returning pearl I and II. : I watch this series a long time ago but I recently watch it again. omg. I got so addict to it. Love Vicky Zhao and Alec su so much. It the best series ever. I didn't watch number III though it not good at all.

The Rose: it very weird but funny

The Bratty princess: It really funny and cute too. Alec and that korean actress is so cute but not as cute as him with vicky zhao and Charim.

It started with a kiss: everyone love this series. hahhaha. so I don't have to say much.

The Old House of Joy or Cousin Jixiang: it is an old series of alec and vicky. I wish they had finish the english sub. But it so funny and so good to see them together that I watch couple eps without the englsih sub. hahahha.

mangoninja

Post by mangoninja » Aug 4th, '06, 02:12

One Chinese drama I recommend is 'Jin Fen Shi Jia." (I don't know if there's an English name for it). It's not modern, I think it was set in the 1930's? I don't know if anyone's heard of it, but it was a very captivating drama. Warning though. It's pretty sad.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Aug 4th, '06, 03:48

The english name of Jin Fen Shi Jia is "The Story of a Noble Family", it was the first time i was introduced to Liu Yi Fei. It was a very nice period piece. imo, It set the golden standard for a Chinese Romance

noobhoofd

Post by noobhoofd » Aug 4th, '06, 10:11

War and Destiny is my favorite drama. It's very serious and it's full of emotions. A good one!!

Soulja187

Post by Soulja187 » Aug 22nd, '06, 10:01

'Central Affairs' is a good series....im on episode 1 and its already hooking me
my sister just finished watchin it recently and told me about it..so now im watching it =)

tgyepg

Heaven's Wedding Dress

Post by tgyepg » Aug 22nd, '06, 11:12

Hello, anyone saw this taiwan series before? starred by cindy wang & ming dao....i'm seeking 6 episodes from this movie (30/29/28/24/23/22) anyone can guide me where can i find the download link? any clubbox have these files...please help me............. :-(
Attachments
s wedding dress.jpg
s wedding dress.jpg (10.97 KiB) Viewed 7312 times
gown2.jpg
gown2.jpg (24.33 KiB) Viewed 7312 times

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Aug 25th, '06, 15:18

I'm watching this series called "My Own Swordsman".

It is just the funniest comedy to come out of China. Ever.

Liked it so much that I put together a little wikifor it

shirlwsk

Post by shirlwsk » Sep 3rd, '06, 17:13

I did a download on a HKTVB drama Face to face parts 1 & 2 but now I cant find the remaining....is it just a teaser or what...:(

kodoko

Post by kodoko » Sep 4th, '06, 14:09

guccijana wrote:
Kai Lien wrote:I agree, Taiwanese dramas fro the most part are just not up to par (anymore). :wink: And the ones you mentioned you liked are China produced. :P At first I thought, Devil Beside You was so great, I mean its enjoyable but its almost quite silly. That applies to ISAK too. I just saw the first four eps of Green Forest My Home which I enjoy a lot. I snuck a peak at The Magicians of Love which seems worthwhile. I usually like those settv/ettv? (whatever that company is called) dramas. :cheers:
I agree the 2005 dramas are not that great.. i watched Devil bedised you and almost stoped watching it.... ISWAK was alright nothing special.. However if you guys want something refreshing .. i would highly recommend

BUMP OFF LOVER.. a new series its REALLLLLY GOOD... TRY IT!!!
Hi, Devil beside you no good? I am going to watch it soon. Kind of sad to hear this from you. I got to watch Prince turn into frog recently. It is so good that I find myself addicted to it. I am currently watching Magician of Love, not too bad. I fall in love with Ming Dao after watching Prince turn into frog. Try it, you won't regret it. It has similar storyline like Save the last dance for me but this drama is so much better. Cheers. :P

fuzzy-wuzzy

Post by fuzzy-wuzzy » Sep 6th, '06, 23:02

The Outsiders
Meteor Garden
Devil Beside You (best)

sandy_zing

Post by sandy_zing » Sep 11th, '06, 01:14

hi there, im looking for the chinese or twese serie with Roy Chiu

it's talk about basket ball village. Does anybody tell me its name and where i can dl, pls?

thnx a bunch

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Sep 11th, '06, 03:05

sandy_zing wrote:hi there, im looking for the chinese or twese serie with Roy Chiu

it's talk about basket ball village. Does anybody tell me its name and where i can dl, pls?

thnx a bunch
this is a thread for people to post favorite series...i think this is the type of thread you're looking for: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_38965.htm

also, if you get the name, please request bt links in the Chinese Torrent Delivery Service thread. thanks.

qingtianwawa

Re: Heaven's Wedding Dress

Post by qingtianwawa » Sep 15th, '06, 13:57

tgyepg wrote:Hello, anyone saw this taiwan series before? starred by cindy wang & ming dao....i'm seeking 6 episodes from this movie (30/29/28/24/23/22) anyone can guide me where can i find the download link? any clubbox have these files...please help me............. :-(
It is called TianGuoDeJiaYi. I think you go try youtube whether there have a not.

qingtianwawa

Post by qingtianwawa » Sep 17th, '06, 08:00

These are the shows I’ve watched and here are my comments:
(If I’ve offend anyone, I’m sorry)

Must watch (not in order):
-Devil beside you (EMoZaiShenBian)
Main cast: RainieYang, MikeHo, PeiLin, WangChuanYi
-Meteor garden (LiuXingHuaYuan)
Main cast: F4, BarbieHsu, RainieYang, OuDi
-Mvp valentine (MVPQingRen)
Main cast: 5566, AngelaZhang, QiaoEn, YanXingShu
-Prince who turn into frog (WangZiBianQingWa)
Main cast: MingDao, ShaoWei, QiaoEn, XiaoQiao, Gino
-At Dolphin bay (HaiTunWanLianRen)
Main cast: AngelaZhang, AmbroseHsu, WallaceHuo, XuJieEr
-Chinese Paladin (XianJianQiXiaZhuan)
Main cast: HuGe, LiuYiFei, YanYan, PengYuYan
-Mars (ZhanShen)
Main cast: VicZhou, BarbieHsu, Megan, XiaoXiao

Can watch (not in order):
-Ko one (ZhongJiYiBan)
Main cast: Fahrenheit, Melody, CaiYiZhen, TangYuZhe
-It started with a kiss (EzuoJuZhiWen)
Main cast: ArielLin, JoeCheng, Jiro, XuWeiLin
-Magicians of love (AiQingMoFaShi)
Main cast: MingDao, ShaoWei, QiaoQiao, SuiTang, MengJin
-Lavendar (XunYiCao)
Main cast: AmbroseHsu, ChenYiRong
-Nine ball (ZhuangQiuXiaoZi)
Main cast: JoeCheng, XuWeiLun, PeiLin, TangYuZhe
-Heaven’s bridal gown (TianGuoDeJiaYi)
Main cast: CyndiWong, LiWeiLian, MingDao, HuoYing
-Marmalade boy (JuZiJiangNanHai)
Main cast: KenZhu, StellaWong, Tina
-Nurseman (NanDingGeEr)
Main cast: KunDa, ZhangTianLin, PeiLin, LiangYouLing
-Westside story (XiJieShaoNian)
Main cast: 5566, YanYan, CyndiWong, WallaceHuo
-Top of forbidden city (ZiJingZhiDian)
Main cast: Kone, QiaoQiao, ShaoWei, RenFu, Hugo
-Poor prince taro (PingQiongGuiGongZi)
Main cast: VicZhou, YiNengJing, KenZhu, LiuGengHong
-Green forest, my home (LuGuangShenLin)
Main cast: YanYan, LiWeiLian, RuanJinTian, SongZhiAi

If have time then watch (not in order):
-Bump Off lover (AiSha17)
Main cast: AngelaZhang, LuTingWei, YangShiXuan
-Legend of speed (JiSuChuanShuo)
Main cast:RainieYang, LiWei, PeiLin, ZhangXiaoQuan
-In love with senorita (AiShangQianJinMeiMei)
Main cast: QiaoEn, JasonHsu, WangLiRen, HuangYuRong
-Love Storm (QuangAiLongJuanFeng)
Main cast: VivianHsu, VicZhou, KenZhu, XuWeiLun
-Mr figthing (GeDouTianWang)
Main cast: XieZhi, RenFu, Sweety, Darren
-Love Contract (AiQingHeYue)
Main cast: ArielLin, MikeHo
-Reaching for the stars (ZhenMingTianNu)
Main cast: S.H.E
-Marry me (WoMenJieHunBa)
Main cast: MikeHo, LiuJieYing
-Working girl (Hi!ShangBanNuLang)
Main cast: JolinTsai, XiaoZhu, Megan
-Come to my place (LaiWoJiaBa)
Main cast: F4, XuRuYun, TianXin

If interested then watch (not in order) :
-Meteor garden 2(LiuXingHuaYuan2)
Main cast: F4, BarbieHsu, ZhengXueEr, Megan, OuDi
-Tomorrow (AiQingBaiPiShu)
Main cast: RainieYang, FanFan, YuWenLe, PengYuYan
-Toast’s boy kiss (TuSiNanZhiWen)
Main cast: LiWei, LiKangYi, PeiLin, AhPang, ZhangTianLin
-Toast’s boy kiss 2(TuSiNanZhiWen2)
Main cast: LiWei, LiKangYi, PeiLin, AhPang, ZhangTianLin

kodoko

Post by kodoko » Sep 17th, '06, 14:38

A few of my favorite Taiwanese drama (in Order):

1) Prince who turn into frog (old storyline but good though budgeted production) :lol

2) Meteor garden I (simply just copy the whole thing from comics, no creativity) :whistling:

3) Bump off Lover (impressive, never thought Taiwanese can produce this kind of suspense drama though it can be draggy at times) :-)

4) Lavender (sad, touching) :cry:

Watch if you are free drama (in order):

1) Magicians of love (Not too bad, simply enjoy because it has quite a number of humorous scenes. oh, cos I a Ming Dao's fan, tend to be more forgiving) :P

2) Devil beside you (simply just copy the whole thing from comics, no creativity) :O

3) It started with a kiss (simply just copy the whole thing from comics, no creativity) :pale:

4) Poor prince taro (simply just copy the whole thing from comics, no creativity) :blink

Stay away drama:

1) Meteor garden 2 (what a waste of time) :x

2) Mars (Boring, cannot understand why some people rank this as Best Taiwanese drama in 2004, 2004 got no good drama, isn't?) :crazy:

3) Come to my pace (watch if you are F4 fan) :glare:

octane

Post by octane » Sep 19th, '06, 01:26

up to now..
there are only few taiwan drama I liked,
the rose, mars, bump off lover.

dianevee

Post by dianevee » Sep 19th, '06, 03:23

I've only seen a few chinese drama...here's the ones i like

Meteor Garden 1
Twin Sisters (100% Senorita in the Philippines)
It Started with a Kiss :thumleft:
Fight for Love

littlesky

Post by littlesky » Sep 24th, '06, 06:20

favorites (not in order)

meteor garden (i still like it coz it's cute.. :P .)
dolphin bay (the "childood love" part is not realistic though)
emerald on the roof ( i love this show.. everything is in it-- comedy,romance,drama, nice songs, nice hainan, i love london--, nice cinematography the director is very creative :thumright: )
lavender (i like the ambrose-tammy pairing, but after watching sound of colors, I realize that lavender is not that sad and moving)
sound of colors (a nice tearjerker with natural acting)
love storm (another old drama-- i'm not of fan of ken,vic and vivian but i enjoyed watching them onscreen... )

I think is good but not my favorite
Mars
bump off lover
silence

Dragging shows
snow angel (i love the first half--the second is hard to watch)
100%senorita ( smae thing, I love wallace huo.. but the half-end part is irritating)
love of the aegean sea (no comment!! but i do like greece--)

just watch if you have time/ or if you like the actors/actresses in it (..I want something new and something more realistic)
it started with a kiss ( I love comedy-- and sweetness, but sometimes too much is irritating)
devil beside you (same goes here.. , I like Mike and Ranie though.. )
prince turns into frog
westside story
mr. fighting
smiling pasta (i'm not yet done watching though)
green forest my home

leiram*wssj

Post by leiram*wssj » Sep 25th, '06, 03:16

currently i would recommend two of my fav taiwan drama that i never get tired of re-watching:

1. It started with a kiss [so excited for season2]
and just to point out that i did liked the fact that the story didnt drift too far away from its original story in the manga, that in a way it's a nice sorta commemoration to tada kaoru of how a great story teller she was, so kudos to the pds/director/screenwriters. in reply to the person who posted that the drama didnt have creativity - i thought the ending was creative enough, that certainly wasnt part of the manga. i, who luv the manga way before iswak [taiwan] was defnitly surprise by it cuz it was so un-naoki/zishu, but i still thought it was ok. also those kotoko/ariel lin hallucination wasnt part of the manga tho its hilarious (couldnt remember chinese name for kotoko). the secret kiss was altered too, the surroundings anyways, tho it was a nice alteration i luvd it...- season 2 would be interesting i still hoped they will stick to the latter half story of the manga and beyond v23 where tada kaoru never finished... and conclude it..

2. Prince turns into a frog
i hightly misjudge this drama cuz of its lame title and promotional pics, so it took me awhile to finally see it. when i did, lo and behold i luvd it and regret not seeing it sooner. the story is very similar to save the last dance/last dance is with me [k-drama] tho it leans more in a comedic side...

meteor garden's alrite but the acting wasnt that great tho...

cel

Post by cel » Sep 26th, '06, 11:18

I have just finished watching Chinese Paladin and
I highly recommend it. Even though it is a costume
drama (i'm not into these type of dramas) I really really loved it. :D

Fajin

Just finishin Condor Hero 2006, need sugs on another please!

Post by Fajin » Sep 26th, '06, 12:47

Hi all! I actually have 1 episode left of Condor Hero 2006 to watch. I have liked this series so far. I started with 2003 (Arching Hero is what it was called) I liked the martial arts better in this but eventually I could not find the rest of the series and left off at maybe 10 or so. Finally I got the whole 2006 series from here and I let it seed as long as possible until I started having internet trouble.

Finally my internet woes are ending (they have to dig new lines because the original had coroded) so I am looking for a new series suggestions.

1) Hopefully there will be alot of fights, it doesn't have to be crazy fights all the time but would be nice if the pace was like Condor Hero 06.

2) Has to be subtitled in English. My Man. and Cant. is not consistant.

3) Good story.

I do not care if it is Korean, Japanese, Chinese or from Taiwan.

Any advice would be very appreicated? Thanks a bunch all!

angeizahoy

Post by angeizahoy » Sep 26th, '06, 12:53

Fajin

Post by Fajin » Sep 26th, '06, 12:58

Very good thanks! Could the mods please move?

woainiF4

Post by woainiF4 » Oct 9th, '06, 03:55

thanks for the mvs I really loved mars-ling!!!

LittleBlue00k

Post by LittleBlue00k » Oct 15th, '06, 04:00

My all time favorite : Silence