King and the Clown (movie)

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
bioshiva07

King and the Clown (movie)

Post by bioshiva07 » Feb 16th, '06, 00:14

i've heard that this movie is the third top-grossing movie in Korea (over 10million). has anyone seen it?

Saragorn
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Saragorn » Feb 16th, '06, 02:06

I want to when it's out on DVD. Mmmmm.... Lee Jun Ki... :wub:

onlylove

Post by onlylove » Mar 6th, '06, 03:40

i also heard it was a good drama... however, what is lee jun ki's role, he looks like a girl in the poster...

koba451

Post by koba451 » Mar 6th, '06, 04:47

bioshiva07 wrote:i've heard that this movie is the third top-grossing movie in Korea (over 10million). has anyone seen it?
You will find some reviews and opinions about the movie Here
i also heard it was a good drama... however, what is lee jun ki's role, he looks like a girl in the poster...
The film, by director Lee Jun-ik (Once Upon a Time in a Battlefield) focuses on a pair of clowns who perform comic plays, songs, and acrobatic tricks for aristocrats or commoners during the Chosun Dynasty. Jangsaeng, played by Gam Woo-sung (Spider Forest), possesses a disarming self-confidence and disrespect for authority that seems likely to get him into trouble one day. Konggil, portrayed by Lee Joon-ki (Flying Boys), plays the woman to Jangsaeng's man in the comic skits they perform. Konggil also possesses a certain self-confidence and grace that turns him into an object of fascination and desire for the pair's aristocratic patrons (not to mention modern-day Korean schoolgirls).
cf. http://www.koreanfilm.org/kfilm05.html#kingandclown

+ few picsfor the fans :mrgreen: :
[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/ ... clown2.jpg[/img]_[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/koba451/king.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/ ... ingman.jpg[/img]

PS : Trailer link

Ailin

Post by Ailin » Mar 6th, '06, 05:05

2006/03/05 18:08 KST

'The King and the Clown' makes S. Korean box office history

SEOUL, March 5 (Yonhap) -- "The King and the Clown," a modestly budgeted period drama, broke South Korea's box office record on Sunday by selling a cumulative 11.75 million tickets at cinemas during the two months it has screened, its distributor said.

It beat the previous record of 11.74 million tickets held by "Tae Guk Gi: The Brotherhood of War" two years ago, Cinema Service said.

Since opening on 190 screens on Dec. 28, the movie, directed by Lee Joon-ik, snowballed in popularity and was shown on nearly 400 screens last month. Now on 291 screens, it still tops Internet ticket reservations, trailed by the local comedy "Forbidden Quest," another period film set in Korea's Joseon Dynasty.

The story of two jesters whose performance appeals to the normally unsympathetic heart of the tyrant King Yeonsan (1476-1506) has been the talk of town for its unusual subject matter and surprise success. One of the lead actors, the previously unknown Lee Joon-ki, rose to stardom overnight, and such traditional folk performances as tightrope walking, which are seen in the movie, are enjoying a boost in popularity from the general public.

The movie is South Korea's pick to compete in the Cannes Film Festival this year with the new name "The Royal Jester," according to its publicist, CJ Entertainment. Its script, laden with indigenous Korean humor and a distinctive tone of speech, is being translated by Kim Young-oak, a renowned scholar who specializes in Asian philosophy and history and has translated Im Kwon-taek's "Chihwaseon," which won the best director award at Cannes in 2002.

With a production cost of a mere 4.3 billion won (US$4.4 million), the movie has proved more profitable than "Tae Guk Gi," which cost 14.7 billion won to make.

Despite the film's success, the director and lead actors said they are not in the mood for celebration. They are concerned that the success will eclipse public concern about the government's revised policy on domestic movies.

South Korea's film industry is protesting against the government's decision in January to halve the mandatory screening days for domestic movies in theaters from 146 to 73 days a year starting from July, potentially creating more room for Hollywood films. The decision was part of a deal with the United States to start free trade talks.

"The film's success has been no less than an 'own goal' for the film industry," the director said, using a football analogy for scoring against one's own team.

"It has given the government ammunition for its argument that Korean movies do not need a protective quota against Hollywood," he said.

hkim@yna.co.kr
(END)

Source: http://english.yna.co.kr/Engnews/200603 ... 908E5.html

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "The King and the Clown" for becoming the #1 top grossing box-office hit in S. Korea in history! :cheers:
Last edited by Ailin on Mar 6th, '06, 16:19, edited 1 time in total.

Miaka FY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Miaka FY » Mar 6th, '06, 07:12

i know about that movie and want it..lol
did someone have in clubbox ..?

and i want the ost or the MV theme omg i'm in love it + LEE JUN KI !!!!!!! :D :wub:

^^

in-sung

Thoughts about the movie...

Post by in-sung » Mar 6th, '06, 07:23

Miaka FY wrote:i know about that movie and want it..lol
did someone have in clubbox ..?

and i want the ost or the MV theme omg i'm in love it + LEE JUN KI !!!!!!! :D :wub:

^^
..uhhh...it's still in theaters....

Anyway, I saw the movie, and it was entertaining, nothing groundbreaking or earth-shattering. The driving force behind the movie would undoubtedly have to be the character development. The three leads are incredible, especially the king. The cinematography is also excellent.

As for the ticket sales, and the fact that it's now the top-grossing film of all time, that can largely be contributed to the predominantly female fans, dubbed "Wang-ee Maniacs", who have seen the film multiple times. And by multiple, I mean like 20-30 times...and no, I'm not exaggerrating^^

One of my friends has actually seen it 13 times...I told her she needs to get a boyfriend...she yelled at me^^ :lol

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Mar 6th, '06, 08:02

^ 13 times? i want to watch it!! your so lucky...

Miaka FY- i posted the hardsubbed mv in the lee junki thread somewhere

thanks Ailin for the article now it's number 1 :) "the Royal Jester?" same why rename it? i guess it sounds a bit better

Miaka FY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Miaka FY » Mar 6th, '06, 15:38

Thank everyone ^^
I have the MV too still i want this song ..
do you think it's really LOVELY :wub: song

Lee Jun Ki with Girl manner ....omg i cannot wait to wait ...loll
+ for sure ...i find only 3 person in korean artist who like a girl

Hero from DBSK
Lee Jun Ki
and Heul Jul from Super Junior (hope it's like that for write... :unsure: )

well..i'm really want this movie ..and cannot find in Canada ...
dunno how many time i ask in clubbox tread and in AF ..loll

the first time i watch ''My Girl'' ..the first time i try to find more information about Lee Jun Ki
so i find in Youtube ..long time ago this MV ..and try to have more ...lollll :cheers:

Ailin

Post by Ailin » Mar 6th, '06, 16:18

Miaka FY-

Here's Lee Seon Hui - In Yeon (Fate) in mp3:

http://s61.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3HQM ... L6GJIXEZK2

And as in-sung indicated, this movie is still playing in the theaters in S. Korea so you certainly won't find any ripped versions of this movie out in clubbox or anywhere. You'll need to wait a couple of months to have it out on dvd.

Miaka FY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Miaka FY » Mar 6th, '06, 16:57

Ailin wrote:Miaka FY-

And as in-sung indicated, this movie is still playing in the theaters in S. Korea so you certainly won't find any ripped versions of this movie out in clubbox or anywhere. You'll need to wait a couple of months to have it out on dvd.
OMG :wub:
thank for this song ...i'm searching for long time and didn't find it snifff!!!

for to thank to you ..i dunno if you like a chinese song or not but i'm upload that for you
This it's a song theme from Tian Wai Fei Xiang serie with Hu ge and Ariel Lin
i hope you like this song ^^ from S.H.E
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5j1fwb

^^

I'm gonna wait for this movie out in Clubbox ..i can wait one year or + for this movie loll
Because this movie ..they have many parody with lollll

ps: if someone have the song Grace MV with Lee Jun Ki ...can send to me
thank you !!!! (love this song too lol) :lol

cees

Post by cees » Mar 6th, '06, 17:55

Miaka FY wrote:

OMG :wub:

for to thank to you ..i dunno if you like a chinese song or not but i'm upload that for you

^^

I'm gonna wait for this movie out in Clubbox ..i can wait one year or + for this movie loll

if u want the grace MV u will find it in this thread....http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... c&start=30

Miaka FY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Miaka FY » Mar 6th, '06, 18:07

cees wrote: if u want the grace MV u will find it in this thread....http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... c&start=30
thank :wub: but i have already the MV because download from clubbox ^^
now i want the mp3 song ..i'm love it and try to sing :-)
if they have a karaoke ..that it's more easy lol

well.. i hope King and the clown come soon ....
sure many person waiting for loll :P

cees

Post by cees » Mar 6th, '06, 18:11

Miaka FY wrote:
cees wrote: if u want the grace MV u will find it in this thread....http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... c&start=30
thank :wub: but i have already the MV because download from clubbox ^^
now i want the mp3 song ..i'm love it and try to sing :-)
if they have a karaoke ..that it's more easy lol

well.. i hope King and the clown come soon ....
sure many person waiting for loll :P
u will fing the mp3 in the same thread thats where i got it from

Miaka FY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Miaka FY » Mar 6th, '06, 18:15

already check but it's expired ...(yousendit)
that why loll

Ailin

Post by Ailin » Mar 6th, '06, 18:26

Miaka FY wrote: OMG :wub:

^^

No problem Miaka FY. I'm glad that I can share it with you. And thank you for S.H.E.'s song. It's really nice. It's been awhile since I last listened to their songs.

My thanks to you is...Grace - Lee Soo Young in mp3! :-)

http://s65.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1QM8 ... 4Q63Y66SK4

Getting back to the King and the Clown, here's another interesting article...

03-05-2006

More Than One Reason to See the Movie

By Kim Ki-tae
Staff Reporter

When "King and the Clown" was released last December, few expected it would be a big hit. Its production cost, around 4.4 billion won ($4.4 million), was around one third of "Blue Swallow" and around one fiftieth of "The Chronicles of Narnia," both opening the same day.

Far from being a blockbuster, "King and the Clown" did not feature any top stars. The film also belongs to the period piece genre, traditionally unpopular among young audiences, and touches on the sensitive issue of homosexuality. Unlike other record-breaking hit films including "Silmido" or "Tae Guk Gi: The Brotherhood of War," it does not address the issues of division on the peninsula, either. Considering all these handicaps, its filmmakers hoped it could bring in 3 million if they were "lucky."

The new record of the period piece is viewed as having demolished most of the entertainment industry formulas. With no big star, no big budget, no big promotion, no action scenes, no romance, with a seemingly boring traditional background and with homosexuality, it has rewritten the history of Korea's film industry.

What made one in four Koreans see the film? Here is a rough analysis of the 10 reasons behind its unexpected success.

Comeback of the Middle-aged

In 2004, two Korean films "Silmido" and "Tae Guk Gi" succeeded in capturing middle-aged audiences, a group not traditionally accustomed to theatergoing. These mega hits are regarded as having created the new culture. However, few Korean films have attracted significantly large audiences since then.

According to Chung Jin-wan, head of Eagle Pictures, "King and the Clown" successfully meets the new demand and has drawn older audiences back to theaters. "There is finally a film they find worth seeing," he said. Film promoters say 18 percent of the audience is over 40.

Unexpected Promotions

President Roh Moo-hyun made a rare theater visit to see the film on Jan. 21, and politicians love to refer to the period piece in their public comments. The opposition party compared Roh with the dethroned tyrant King Yonsan, the film's main character, while the governing party commented that the public seemed to associate the monarch with Korea's past authoritarian leaders, hinting at Park Chung-hee, the late father of Park Geun-hye, leader of the opposition Grand National Party. After seeing the film President Roh reportedly commented it was "imaginative." Political implications aside, the fuss ultimately promoted the film.

New Fandom

"King and the Clown: saw fans coming back for repeated viewings. A group of fans call themselves "pyein," a Korean word roughly meaning "the addicted," proudly say they have seen it a double-digit number of times. On the film's official fan page (cafe.daum.net/kingsman), there are numerous messages posted by people saying they have seen the film more than 10 times. According to Youngfine, the film's promoter, female jobseeker Kim Pan-ya saw the film 45 times. "There is always a group of fervent fans, but this film has an exceptionally large fan base who saw it multiple times," Park Ji-hye, an official of Youngfine stated. "They say whenever they see the film, they see it from a different character;s perspective."

Synergetic Effect

As is well known, the film is an adaptation of a play named "Yi." The play, which won wide public and critical acclaim after its release in 2000, was staged again last December, about three weeks before the film's opening. Fans of the well-made play raised expectations about the new film and, in turn, the explosive popularity of the film channeled its fans to the play. The synergetic effect also contributes to fattening the fan base for the two. The performance of traditional "clowns" called "namsadangpae" also drew larger audiences thanks to the film's popularity.

New Tolerance for Homosexuality

Open to various interpretations, the hit movie could be branded a homosexual movie, as it shows two love triangles surrounding the monarch, his concubine and two male clowns. Actually, the movie's Korean title can be translated into "King's Man," which could have homosexual implications.

If the attractive story had flopped, it could have been because of the homosexual scenes, albeit mostly implied, in this still highly Confucian society. However, society _ seemingly more open to minority groups_ showed little aversion to the narrative.

Associated Press recently reported Korean society showed "a sign of new tolerance" to the minority culture. Korea's gay men's group "Chingusai," during its conference last week suggested the film contributes to the enhancement of human rights,

Few Rivals

Some believe the film has been lucky as there have been few rival films since it opened. However, a glance at the list of competitors would tell otherwise. In fact, "King and the Clown" could have been dwarfed by big-budget competitors including "King Kong," "Narnia," "The Polar Express," "Memoirs of a Geisha" and "Munich," from the U.S., as well as other Korean and Chinese movies. It is fair to say that the Goliaths were unlucky in competing with David, rather than to say the period piece was lucky. However, it is true that the film has had a relatively free run since February, a traditionally slack season for the entertainment industry, with few films released.

Peer-to-peer Promotion

With production costs around 2.3 billion won ($2.3 million), "King and the Clown" is not a low-budget film considering Korea's film market size. However, what triggered the film’s unexpected popularity is not the filmmakers' promotion but rather personal promotions among moviegoers. Most of all, having the world’s highest Internet penetration rate helped the film's reputation spread like wildfire. After its release, Internet users posted over 20,000 comments on the film on an portal Naver (www.naver.com), breaking the previous record of some 8,000 comments on last year's hit film "Welcome to Dongmakgol." Increasingly fast circulation of information on films is considered a main factor in "King and the Clown's" success over other blockbuster films. In this respect, it could be seen as a victory of word-of-mouth communication (in a highly wired society) over top-down promotion.

Lee Joon-ki Effect

Entertainment industry insiders say a film needs a star to become a hit or vise versa. "King and the Clown" is the latter case with no top stars featured, instead, it debuts Lee Joon-ki. Lee plays the effeminate male clown "Kong-gil," who became a phenomenon among teenagers and people in their 20s, boosting the film’s box office sales. He received favorable reviews for his acting skills and a critic commented in film weekly "Cine21," that the film's success owes itself to his performance.

Pleasant Visuals

Despite its limited budget, the film received acclamation for its eye-pleasing visual effects. The film shows a colorful mix of traditional attire and property.

Last But Not the Least: An Attractive Storyline

Fans of "King and the Clown" love the multifaceted narrative. Youngfine, the film's promoter says teenagers and 20-somethings were attracted to the close ties between the two clowns, Kong-gil and Jang-saeng, portrayed through a plot centered around the love triangle between the clowns and the monarch. People in their 30s identified with the lonesome character of the monarch, King Yonsan, who longs for his mother who was killed in the whirl of court politics. Meanwhile, the over 40s age group understand the plot as a power struggle within the palace. "Each viewer saw the film from his own perspective and sympathizes with different characters," said director Lee Jun-ik.

kkt@koreatimes.co.kr

03-05-2006 16:51

Source: http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/culture ... 811680.htm
Last edited by Ailin on Mar 6th, '06, 18:28, edited 1 time in total.

cees

Post by cees » Mar 6th, '06, 18:27

Miaka FY wrote:already check but it's expired ...(yousendit)
that why loll
iam uploading it 4 u at megaupload ......i think it will finish after less than a minute..so wait

cees

Post by cees » Mar 6th, '06, 18:28

here is the link 4 the new upload of grace mp3 ...enjoy....http://www.megaupload.com/sa/?d=0TJ4XM08

Miaka FY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Miaka FY » Mar 6th, '06, 18:38

cees wrote:here is the link 4 the new upload of grace mp3 ...enjoy....http://www.megaupload.com/sa/?d=0TJ4XM08
^^ thank :wub:

humm i'm upload something fast loll for you ..^^
i hope you didn't have a song from ''My Girl'' ...^^;;

here a one song theme ^^ from ''My Girl''
hope you like it =^^=
http://www.sendspace.com/file/1il9hc Never Say Goodbye

cees

Post by cees » Mar 6th, '06, 18:41

well i have all the OST but thanx anywayz..hhhhhhh

Miaka FY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Miaka FY » Mar 6th, '06, 18:46

cees wrote:well i have all the OST but thanx anywayz..hhhhhhh
arg!!!! o.o
omg...euhh just ask me any song ..i'm pretty sure i have it ..(like sing and collect song lol)
or want me recomment you some ^^ (japanese, chinese or korean)

well thank again :D

cees

Post by cees » Mar 6th, '06, 18:47

thanx anyway ....when i want a song in the future i will ask u ....dont 4get that u offered that

Miaka FY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Miaka FY » Mar 6th, '06, 18:53

cees wrote:thanx anyway ....when i want a song in the future i will ask u ....dont 4get that u offered that
don't worry about that loll
i'm from AO staff site and we have more 3000 song and album ..for sure we are one a best a site for download a song lollllll

here one my recommendation ^^
not easy to find it because it's old and rare but well hope you like ^^

Mai Kuraki - Secret in my heart from Detective Conan

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ctaj5h

cees

Post by cees » Mar 6th, '06, 19:03

thanx alot iam dling it ryt now

cees

Post by cees » Mar 6th, '06, 19:04

btw do have the MV of fate coz iam uploading it ryt now & it will take about 1 hour

Miaka FY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Miaka FY » Mar 6th, '06, 19:08

cees wrote:btw do have the MV of fate coz iam uploading it ryt now & it will take about 1 hour
yes i have because i download from a clubbox ^^
need to convert to avi to have a best quality lol

but my version it's like 12 mb ..or 14 mb ..(don't remember :blink )

^^
download from silver clubbox i think ..o.o

what version you have for Fate ? ^^

cees

Post by cees » Mar 6th, '06, 19:12

i have the 101 MB......better version hahahah

Miaka FY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Miaka FY » Mar 6th, '06, 19:17

lucky o.o

how come 1 hour for upload this o.o
upload in sendspace it's more faster ...
i'm upload a file more 400 mb and take 1 hour something o.o

thank :wub:

cees

Post by cees » Mar 6th, '06, 19:19

Miaka FY wrote:lucky o.o

tried but dont know how ......i even opened an account there

Miaka FY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Miaka FY » Mar 6th, '06, 19:27

cees wrote:
Miaka FY wrote:lucky o.o

tried but dont know how ......i even opened an account there
ok humm didn't out go in your email to confirm your register?
after you need to go in ''upload'' and it's a same like a yousendit but you can keep the file more longer ..like many months and can upload more 1.2 gig ^^

truly easy :cheers: :wub:

really easy and send more faster ^^

cees

Post by cees » Mar 6th, '06, 20:03

here is the MV of the song fate.....btw it is HQ.......enjoy

http://www.megaupload.com/sa/?d=JE8C0TMF

JoSungMo

Post by JoSungMo » Mar 6th, '06, 20:19

Typhoon and this movie is on my must-see list

lostxemotion

Post by lostxemotion » Mar 7th, '06, 01:02

AHHHH LEE JUNKII!!! i wish i lived in korea just to see this movie!! sh*ttt i've never seen such a hot guyy. I WNA MARRY HIM! WHAHAH i hope they'll have this movie in clubbox + subs soon XD

Miaka FY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Miaka FY » Mar 7th, '06, 04:08

lostxemotion wrote:AHHHH LEE JUNKII!!! i wish i lived in korea just to see this movie!! sh*ttt i've never seen such a hot guyy. I WNA MARRY HIM! WHAHAH i hope they'll have this movie in clubbox + subs soon XD
o.O

you gonna have many competition for to have him my little :hug: ^^ :wub:

well for sure ..he is extremely hotty guy and still 23 YEAR OLDS O.O
^^ one year more than me

i can call him oppa or sempai so lollllllllllllllll :wub:

ps: long time no see o.o

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Mar 7th, '06, 05:57

Ailin wrote:

Lee Joon-ki Effect

Entertainment industry insiders say a film needs a star to become a hit or vise versa. "King and the Clown" is the latter case with no top stars featured, instead, it debuts Lee Joon-ki. Lee plays the effeminate male clown "Kong-gil," who became a phenomenon among teenagers and people in their 20s, boosting the film’s box office sales. He received favorable reviews for his acting skills and a critic commented in film weekly "Cine21," that the film's success owes itself to his performance.
hahaah lee junki affect i like that lol. actually i think it was this movie;s mv that made me interested in lee junki... or was it his character in my girl. i can't remember... but when i watched the mv (lol i probably seen it over 10 times) i was shocked to see a complete transform of his character from my girl.

i can't wait for the dvd. hopefully it'll be for all regions and has good subs :)

Dare_Devil09

Post by Dare_Devil09 » Mar 14th, '06, 19:46

Can someone please upload this song again for me thank u
I really like this song

AznAngel29

Post by AznAngel29 » Mar 15th, '06, 01:48

i cant wait till this movie comes out i cant wait it seems really good

Miaka FY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Miaka FY » Mar 15th, '06, 06:45

For everyone who like this song
here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/lug3bf
i'm upload again :-) and hope everyone enjoy it ^^

kthao

Post by kthao » Mar 17th, '06, 01:51

the link isnt working...can someone upload i pleaset...thank you!:D

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Mar 17th, '06, 02:10

OMG i just saw the My Girl special where they showed clips of "King and the Clown" and Jun-ki dancing in it... He looked so shockingly different in a midriff baring top and dancing & flirting in the movie :blink :blink Did u guys see the scene where he raised up his skirt to the crowd? XD

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 17th, '06, 07:19

Here's the subbed MV for K&C with english subs. Not sure if it was posted before.

Lee Seon Whee - Fate (In Yeon).avi

http://down.clubbox.co.kr/bummie/46qk6

for junki lovers. Here's interview for fly daddy fly. Its funny :wub:

060316 MTV News Star Fly Daddy Fly Report.avi
http://down.clubbox.co.kr/bummie/6exx6

nimbusb0i

Post by nimbusb0i » Apr 3rd, '06, 05:26

Miaka FY wrote:For everyone who like this song
here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/lug3bf
i'm upload again :-) and hope everyone enjoy it ^^
is it ok if u reupload this song agian i would really appreciate it thanx in advance

moonchyld

Post by moonchyld » Apr 19th, '06, 01:58

could someone pls re-upload Lee Seon Hui - In Yeon.mp3?? after watching the king and the clowns' mv, i've come to like the song a lot!!! i can't wait to watch the movie as well~~~ :w00t:

thanks~ :D

wai_muna

Post by wai_muna » Apr 22nd, '06, 04:28

can wait to see junki again...he is so girly in that movie...ive seen the mv of thet movie in youtube...

Kookie315

Post by Kookie315 » May 3rd, '06, 03:25

Now I'm sad... I've looked everywhere on the net that I can understand for this song Fate, and the only place I find it has expired files.

If anyone has a chance, could you please reupload it? I will appreciate it so much! And I can't wait to see this movie.

DrEaMzStArz

Post by DrEaMzStArz » May 7th, '06, 11:29

Kookie315 wrote:Now I'm sad... I've looked everywhere on the net that I can understand for this song Fate, and the only place I find it has expired files.

If anyone has a chance, could you please reupload it? I will appreciate it so much! And I can't wait to see this movie.
Here's the link. http://www.sendspace.com/file/f5s1sc
If anyone needs me to upload it again, i can help :D

Kookie315

Post by Kookie315 » May 7th, '06, 13:50

DrEaMzStArz wrote:
Kookie315 wrote:Now I'm sad... I've looked everywhere on the net that I can understand for this song Fate, and the only place I find it has expired files.

Here's the link. http://www.sendspace.com/file/f5s1sc
If anyone needs me to upload it again, i can help :D
Thanks so much! I love this song. :D

Flames808

Post by Flames808 » May 13th, '06, 03:14

Is there anyone out there (in Korea) that has seen this movie? Can you rate it on a scale from 1-10? I want to see it so bad, I really don't care if its only a 1 because I love Lee Jun-ki but I just can't wait until it is released on DVD! It probably won't be released in a while because they are still showing it in China and whatnot right? If anyone has further information, I'd really appreciate it.

angelyly

Post by angelyly » May 13th, '06, 03:18

hope to see that movie SOON!...so cutee!!!
Attachments
leejonkiU1345P28T3D1001473F326DT20060301112034.jpg
leejonkiU1345P28T3D1001473F326DT20060301112034.jpg (93.33 KiB) Viewed 9543 times

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » May 20th, '06, 06:18

The K&C DVD is on sale this coming June.

SUPER DUPER LIMITED EDITION
Price: Around 100,000 Won
Features: Limited Edition Digipack + Script Book + Doll + Photobook and more merchandising

LIMITED EDITION
Price: Around 35,000 Won
Features: 3 Discs + OST
Disc 1: Theatrical Version (DD5.1 and Dts) + Two Commentaries (Staff + Director; Actors)
Disc 2: Extended International Cut (Dts, DD5.1, DD2.0)
Disc 3: Making Of Documentary, Interviews and various other featurettes. DOCUMENTARY about Prince Yeonsan, DOCUMENTARY about the 'royal jester' culture.
Disc 4: OST

STANDARD EDITION
Price: High 10s~Early 20ks Won
Features: 2 Discs
Disc 1: Theatrical Version
Disc 2: International Cut

For those planning to order the dvd at yesasia. There's a discount code.

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/c ... 004191656/

Get $3 off orders of $15 or more with coupon code WGASIA3 (new customer only).

Get $5 off orders of $30 or more with coupon code WGASIA5 (new customer only)

Kookie315

Post by Kookie315 » May 20th, '06, 06:28

Nice, I can't wait for it to come out. I hope there will be english subs.

Childhoodless

Post by Childhoodless » May 20th, '06, 07:18

It's cheaper at dvdfromkorea.com. Even with the $5 coupon.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » May 20th, '06, 09:33

Childhoodless wrote:It's cheaper at dvdfromkorea.com. Even with the $5 coupon.
It depends...how much is the shipping? Yesasia has free shipping.

Seems shipping to Canada is $12US. So, yesasia is cheaper actually. I think US should be similar price.

IceThy

Post by IceThy » May 20th, '06, 16:35

:( the limited edition will be region code 3 :(
but I am from germany..... :pale: damn it :cussing:

Childhoodless

Post by Childhoodless » May 20th, '06, 17:20

seirin wrote:
It depends...how much is the shipping? Yesasia has free shipping.

Seems shipping to Canada is $12US. So, yesasia is cheaper actually. I think US should be similar price.
Yeah, I didn't considere where some of you lived. But it's been my experience that DVDfromKorea is fast shipping. I got an order a week earlier than expected.

I haven't been too keen on getting anything from Yesasia. Their prices aren't all that great and free shipping usually means really really slow shipping.

I think I might just wait for the uber boxset with the extra merchandising and whatnot.

escape

Post by escape » Jun 3rd, '06, 01:50

Hi ppl
this movie is out now out in the Clubboxes
go and get it
http://clubbox.co.kr/naynay123

skachild

Post by skachild » Jun 3rd, '06, 01:59

escape wrote:Hi ppl
go and get it
thanks alot..!!!! :thumright: :thumright:
:mrgreen:

l116188706

Post by l116188706 » Jun 3rd, '06, 04:40

escape wrote:Hi ppl
go and get it
thx....but i can't it!

wai_muna

Post by wai_muna » Jun 3rd, '06, 06:39

i havent seen it yet....i heard it was damn good..i got it thriller...its cool....i really want to watch it..i hope it will out in malaysia very soon...:P

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 3rd, '06, 07:21

Childhoodless wrote:
seirin wrote:
I think I might just wait for the uber boxset with the extra merchandising and whatnot.
Someone translated a post saying there's no uber boxset. The news was misreported. Only standard and limited edition are available

Eliza

Post by Eliza » Jun 3rd, '06, 09:47

The King and the Clown
starring Lee Jun Ki
on clubbox.co.kr/dokidoki

Minx

Post by Minx » Jun 8th, '06, 03:55

Whoah. This is going to come out wrong, but LJK is very pretty in here (without any disrespect).

That "Fate" song is so beautiful, I can't stop listening to it. Thank you for sharing the song. However, is this the whole song because it seems to be cut off near the end. Sorry if this has been asked, has the OST been released yet? Thanks all. :)

KoreanMania

Post by KoreanMania » Jun 8th, '06, 04:11

Minx wrote:Whoah. This is going to come out wrong, but LJK is very pretty in here (without any disrespect).

That "Fate" song is so beautiful, I can't stop listening to it. Thank you for sharing the song. However, is this the whole song because it seems to be cut off near the end. Sorry if this has been asked, has the OST been released yet? Thanks all. :)
Minx, you'll be able to download the OST for this movie here - http://z14.invisionfree.com/phillyosts/ ... wtopic=529 :-)

Back to the movie, I just finished watching it yesterday and I have to agree that Jun Ki looks really pretty, but somehow I kinda feel sorry for his role in there... guess looking beautiful is always a burden eh? :roll

Minx

Post by Minx » Jun 8th, '06, 06:58

Thank you so much for the OST. I checked that site out before but I couldn't find the OST.

Do you might know where I can get a complete song of "FATE" The one I download above cuts off at the end. Or is it in the OST but I just happened to miss it? Thanks again. :)

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 8th, '06, 07:03

In Yeon song is not in the OST.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z7I02Z45

Minx

Post by Minx » Jun 8th, '06, 07:08

Thanks seirin for the song :).

I just went to youtube.com andt saw the live singing of the song Fate by Lee Sun Hee. In the audience was LJK singing along with her. It's a cute clip. :)

candidkisses

Movie Review

Post by candidkisses » Jun 12th, '06, 00:58

I've seen the King and the Clown, and have a good mind to rewatch it. :lol
It gets your attention right from the start (*COUGH*and of course Lee Joon Ki appearing in a midriff-baring costume helps*COUGH* :D) and you'll be glued to your seat till the end..definately something worth watching.

The ending is left for you to figure out and conclude, though. Not a difficult job.
Anyway, I would classify this under 'MUST-WATCH'. ^^

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Jun 12th, '06, 01:07

okay, i've finally gotten around to watching the King and the Clown......

Lee Jun Ki's androgynous beauty is somewhat of an amazement. :wub:

i'm all for the pretty boys~! :lol

itzjustfranciz

Post by itzjustfranciz » Jun 12th, '06, 01:17

www.idols-unlimited.com go there to dl it

Katherine

Post by Katherine » Jun 12th, '06, 23:41

Can anyone is kind to upload the srt file in yousendit ? I tried but couln't download it foem Clubbox. I've already downloaded the avi file but now i can't watch it since i don't have the sub file :-(
Thank you

Romance

Post by Romance » Jun 12th, '06, 23:50

cant understand these good ratings and the amount of people who watched this in korea, bad movie :|

Haesin

Post by Haesin » Jun 13th, '06, 07:41

I download the movie from clubbox/dokidoki , the sound is great but the dialogs sounds like they're coming from too deep. I've checked it with my headphones, maybe it'll work well with the 5+1 speakers.
Anyway the movie looks great, just had a peek, haven't watched it yet.

fahsum

Post by fahsum » Jun 14th, '06, 03:31

i'm almost finishing watching this movie. i heard it was very good but i didn't expect it to be THIS good. i am so sharing this with my family. i seriously recommend this movie. it deserves to be such a hit in korea. :-)

zerox

Post by zerox » Jun 14th, '06, 05:01

Hahaha....Hello minna...
I have the torrent link for this movie...better download before it's too late... :wub:

hope the admin wont angry if I post it here....Check this tread..make sure you register before you all can download the torrent..huhu

King.And.The.Clown
Last edited by zerox on Jun 14th, '06, 05:20, edited 1 time in total.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Jun 14th, '06, 05:05

^thank you for sharing with the community, but i think it's best if you linked to FSC instead of the torrent. If I remember correctly, I don't think we're allowed to share the torrents outside of FSC (that's why they reinforced membership)

but don't let keep you from sharing in the future! and it's the thought that counts. :)