I'm Sorry, I Love You or A Love to Kill???

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
aznchic209

I'm Sorry, I Love You or A Love to Kill???

Post by aznchic209 » Apr 22nd, '06, 09:29

I know it's kind of silly to compare the two but I've noticed a lot of similarities between the two dramas...not the mention that they're both directed by the same director and have a very similar plot...for example, a bad boy who seeks revenge, and a tragic ending with both leading actors. I have to admit, the soundtrack for "A Love to Kill" is pretty good too...just like "I'm Sorry, I Love You."

In my opinion, I prefer "A Love to Kill" over "I'm Sorry, I Love You" because the plot is more interesting . Even though both dramas were depressing and confusing at the same time, I was more interested in Bok-ku's (Rain) revenge on Eun-suk (Shin Min Ah) than on Moo Hyuk's (So Ji Sub) determination to ruin his half-brother's,Yune's, life even though it turns out in the end that he's adopted, therefore they're not really brothers.

I think both dramas have it's ups and downs and both made me very fruastrated; however, I pick "A Love to Kill" not only because Bi was incredibly hot in this drama, but also because he proved that he can play both bad and good, plus, he and Shin Min Ah were really cute together.

Which one is better to you???
Last edited by aznchic209 on Apr 23rd, '06, 05:37, edited 2 times in total.

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Apr 22nd, '06, 12:15

The two dramas are actually by the same WRITER (Lee Kyung Hee), not director.

Personally, I would pick MiSa over IJukSa, any day.

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Apr 22nd, '06, 12:26

i think MiSa is definitely better.

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Apr 22nd, '06, 18:27

MISA :cry: ofcourse! A Love To Kill started off good,but then it just got boring and um..gross? lol those who have watched would know what I mean,hahaha
but serisouly,MISA was good until the very end. sad,yes, but really good, and will always be my #1 kdrama XD

katelin_n

i pick MISA

Post by katelin_n » Apr 22nd, '06, 18:37

i think both are good but i chose MISA , because in thin series , it 's not only love but as well as motherhood , ,... u know , it 's deeper than just revenge :mrgreen:

skachild

Post by skachild » Apr 22nd, '06, 18:40

Definitely Sorry I Love You... Its more better than A Love To Kill.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

azndgn26

Post by azndgn26 » Apr 22nd, '06, 18:54

I watched MISA bfore A Love to Kill and when I did watch A Love to Kill, it was so draggy and boring that I stopped watching it after ep 3. I gave it another shot and it didn't become interesting until eps 5 or so. I then fell in love with A Love to Kill and thought it was quite sad even when I rewatched it. They're both great dramas nonetheless but if I were to choose I'd have to go for MISA cuz it had a better plot, it was not draggy, had an engaging beginning, and it was sad sad sad.

I thought MISA was the best drama So Ji Sub has ever made, he carried out his character too well, he soo deserved his award!
I'm a big fan of Rain and his dramas but I'd have to say that this is the weakest drama he has starred in. It wasn't his acting dat made it bad, it was just the plot itself.
Last edited by azndgn26 on May 2nd, '06, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.

*Lifo*

Post by *Lifo* » Apr 22nd, '06, 19:15

I'm sorry I love you over A Love to Kill!!!

anthitran

Post by anthitran » Apr 23rd, '06, 02:08

I like "Sorry, I Love You" way way better than "A Love to Kill."

Snak3yezZ

Post by Snak3yezZ » Apr 23rd, '06, 09:30

Na, i prefer A love to kill. I am on ur side =) . Just finished "im sorry i love you" and I didn't really like it compare to Full house & A love to kill.Nywayz...everyone have their own taste.

v1rgi3

Post by v1rgi3 » Apr 23rd, '06, 09:39

i'm sorry, i love you

i'm sorry, but a love to kill was unbearable, even though i love rain

think of it this way.. i'm sorry i love you received the best drama award, vs. i skimmed the last 2 eps of a love to kill, but never fully watched them b4 deleting it off my hard drive...

enuff said... lol...

but personal taste for everybody!

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Apr 23rd, '06, 09:46

v1rgi3 wrote: think of it this way.. i'm sorry i love you received the best drama award, vs. i skimmed the last 2 eps of a love to kill, but never fully watched them b4 deleting it off my hard drive...

enuff said... lol...
lol! that's what I did too!! they totally ruined the drama after episode 13 >.< seriously the whole
brother could speak and walk again :blink I was like wtf,shouldn't he be dead-but-not-dead?
and then his sudden death :glare:
and theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen they had to just make it a typical drama and end it with both leads dying~
I mean wtf! lol that ending was soooooo uncalled for,I almost gave it an 8 out of 10 till the last 10 minutes,which made me hardly give it a 4!!
1 for Bi's acting in this drama, 3 for the great Soundtrack!

yuna67

Post by yuna67 » Apr 23rd, '06, 11:55

i did watch sorry i love you first and i found it very boring at the beginning but after some ep it was an interesting story

i would pick " a ove to kil" over "sorry i love you" anyway cuz i love bi :roll :salut:

cyan4jy

Post by cyan4jy » Apr 26th, '06, 14:55

Definitely it will be MISA :D :D It the best Korean drama I have watched. Although BI's acting has improved in 'A Love to Kill'.

angelatnyc

Post by angelatnyc » Apr 26th, '06, 18:39

definitely MISA!

thislove

Post by thislove » Apr 27th, '06, 07:43

I'm SOrry I Love You was definitely better than A Love To Kill for sure :D

SooJin.

Post by SooJin. » Apr 28th, '06, 03:29

There is definitely no question about this.

MISA is way better by far.

Ijuksa is okay but it's not one of those dramas that leaves a lasting effect. To be honest, it's been a little over a year since I watched MISA last but only a few months since I watched Ijuksa but I remember MISA so so much more clearly than I do Ijuksa.

choizzzy

Post by choizzzy » Apr 28th, '06, 05:58

sorry i love you is far better

just_candy

Post by just_candy » Apr 28th, '06, 14:07

MISA is waaaaaaaaay better than a love to kill..most definitely!!! :thumright:

Romance

Post by Romance » Apr 28th, '06, 14:09

MISA! a love to kill sucked, a true sleeping pill

thislove

Post by thislove » May 2nd, '06, 07:09

Of course I'm Sorry I Love You. It was the best kdrama I've watched so far. I love So Ji Sub and Im Soo Jung in there. They are the cutest couple!!! :wub:

hebiko

Post by hebiko » May 2nd, '06, 10:38

I'm Sorry I Love You is way better than A Love To Kill ..
A Love To Kill is slow .. annoying .. etc .. <.<;;

skachild

Post by skachild » May 2nd, '06, 10:54

haha.. :lol :lol
majority of us like MISA rather then A love to kill... :P :P :P
only 2 post that support a love to kill :roll :roll
maybe u r a fan of Rain lol :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » May 2nd, '06, 16:07

I'd say Misa because you will be able to familiarize urself with the characters in there more easily than in ALTK... the story is believable and its just sad....
both dramas are kinda draggy to me but ALTK is just unbearable.... I dont like any of the characters in there... the producers tried too hard to make it sad but it just...didnt work....
misa's story flows well and so...go for Misa =)

Ice114Rain625

A Love To Kil

Post by Ice114Rain625 » May 3rd, '06, 22:15

I like both, I like So Ji Sub too, but no one can compare to Bi.

about the drama, it's tough to chose it's not really the same, they're both good. Not alot of people understand the point in A Love To Kill, so I can understand why it's boring but I think it's a great drama.

kikioo

Post by kikioo » May 3rd, '06, 22:46

I'm sorry I Loved You!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mist1105

Post by mist1105 » May 4th, '06, 07:24

I'm sorry if I come off rude. But I was surprised that this topic was started lol. It's MISA for me, no brainer. I LOVE Rain.. and his acting was superb in this drama. But god forbid, it was sooo frustrating and draggy!! I couldn't stand it. I was like, ok.. it's going to get better. I was more interested in listening to the music lol.

It's been awhile since I've seen MISA but it really shocked me in a way that it touched my heart. While A Love To Kill shocked me in it disturbed me.. especially the ending. it was just weird and freaky. lol.

cees

Post by cees » May 4th, '06, 07:56

well i liked both dramas and they r kinda same.....but i choose a love to kill.....coz Bi is in it

weirdo90

Post by weirdo90 » May 4th, '06, 23:14

first of all. i hate it when people say "i like this drama better because ____ is in it." that's just like saying "i like my dad better than my mom because he gives me money" wft?! it just gets me angry.
anyways i'd have to say I'm sorry i love you is better. i personally thought it was very interesting from the start. The drama was really moving and sad. after i finished the drama, i couldn't stop thinking about it. i also love the ost and so ji sub's ringtone in the drama.

nicola

Post by nicola » May 5th, '06, 03:15

for me, it would be MiSa. it was very interesting from the start and i got sucked in right away. i even bought the series. a love to kill had its good points but it didnt do it for me. :salut:

bjuti

Post by bjuti » May 6th, '06, 11:13

A Love To Kill

Nadil
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Nadil » Jun 2nd, '06, 06:40

I like A Love to Kill more than Sorry, I Love You...~

thtlam

Post by thtlam » Jun 2nd, '06, 06:50

I would pick MISA over A Love To Kill anyday...don't get me wrong though I like Bi too!!! :D

Nadil
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Nadil » Jun 2nd, '06, 06:52

^^... but I like a love to kill not because of bi :) (...maybe the girl in MiSa strained my nerves^^)
Last edited by Nadil on Jun 2nd, '06, 07:02, edited 2 times in total.

itzjustfranciz

Post by itzjustfranciz » Jun 2nd, '06, 06:56

im watching both a love to kill and misa right now

itzjustfranciz

Post by itzjustfranciz » Jun 2nd, '06, 06:58

Misa does seem alot better though, cuz i thought a love to kill was to depressing but it was good.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Jun 2nd, '06, 07:10

i agree there were a lot of little similarities between the two (besides the plot). and both had an awesome ost (especially that one lullaby-type song in a love to kill).

i liked a love to kill. it did get a little draggy somewhere near the endish.. or maybe middle-ish... but it wasn't that bad.

still though, i prefer misa over a love to kill.

i will always love and adore misa :wub:

jpoplover08

Post by jpoplover08 » Jun 3rd, '06, 03:25

I havent had the chance to watch A love to kill yet. But i think i'll give it a chance, who knows i might like it! and even if its bad i'll still watch it becuz Bi's in it... :wub: Kinda like what i did with ISWAK... :glare: i thought it was stupid but becuz Joe Cheng was in it i finished it. I usually finish a drama i start unless its absolutely UNBEARABLE and boring or really stupid. But anyways im not in a position to really choose becuz i havent watched A love to kill but i'll choose MISA anyways becuz i loved the acting and it was a GREAT drama. so depressing....

Nadil
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Nadil » Jun 3rd, '06, 13:24

jpoplover08 wrote:I havent had the chance to watch A love to kill yet. But i think i'll give it a chance, who knows i might like it! and even if its bad i'll still watch it becuz Bi's in it... :wub: Kinda like what i did with ISWAK... :glare: i thought it was stupid but becuz Joe Cheng was in it i finished it. I usually finish a drama i start unless its absolutely UNBEARABLE and boring or really stupid. But anyways im not in a position to really choose becuz i havent watched A love to kill but i'll choose MISA anyways becuz i loved the acting and it was a GREAT drama. so depressing....
People who think ISWAK was stupid really exist? :blink hey~... in my opinion it was stupid too :cheers: but everyone like it..and I dunno why :glare:

jpoplover08

Post by jpoplover08 » Jun 10th, '06, 23:26

Nadil wrote:
jpoplover08 wrote:I havent had the chance to watch A love to kill yet. But i think i'll give it a chance, who knows i might like it! and even if its bad i'll still watch it becuz Bi's in it... :wub: Kinda like what i did with ISWAK... :glare: i thought it was stupid but becuz Joe Cheng was in it i finished it. I usually finish a drama i start unless its absolutely UNBEARABLE and boring or really stupid. But anyways im not in a position to really choose becuz i havent watched A love to kill but i'll choose MISA anyways becuz i loved the acting and it was a GREAT drama. so depressing....
People who think ISWAK was stupid really exist? :blink hey~... in my opinion it was stupid too :cheers: but everyone like it..and I dunno why :glare:
GASP! You didnt like it either?! Wow YAYE! Sorry i know im off topic! But anyways i finished A love to kill a couple of days ago, that i did. And let me tell you, i, for one, did NOT like it. It was depressing but you know i like depressing sad dramas so thats not why i didnt like it. And the plot to this was great but i just couldnt get into it, i thought it was mediocore at best. So my vote goes to MISA aka I'm sorry..I love you

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Jun 10th, '06, 23:28

Nadil wrote:
hehehe thats funny.. i also didnt find it that great.. too overrated.. anyway back to the topic my vote goes to MISA-- i simpy lvoe the story, acting, plot... etc.. great drama.. :wub:

PJB

Post by PJB » Jun 11th, '06, 09:00

For story, I'd have to say MISA. So sad and true. And it's the love for his mother that really gets me, not just the love for um... It's been too long so I forgot her name! Eun Chae? :P Anyway... A Love To Kill has MUCH more class and style than MISA, but it realy loses it's feeling in the last few episodes.

dummy

Post by dummy » Jul 19th, '06, 23:15

i would pick I'M SORRY I LOVE YOU because it's just better!!! LOL

ichirin

Post by ichirin » Jul 20th, '06, 23:44

I think I'm sorry I love you is better

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Jul 20th, '06, 23:54

MISA had a better storyline. Both had good actors/actresses. A Love to Kill's storyline was similar to other love story series. MISA had the mother/son relationship which is a little different. :mrgreen:

roseltv

Post by roseltv » Jul 21st, '06, 01:09

I love both, lol. I don't know why many of u don't like A love to kill much but I think it's pretty gud. I cried a lot and Shin Min Ah has become my favorite new actress. Same goes with Im Soo Jung.