how do u register at Cyworld?

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
whosdagal

how do u register at Cyworld?

Post by whosdagal » Jun 19th, '06, 17:15

im sory if this is not the right place to post this topic but im realy in a pickle. can anyone help me how to register at cyworld.nate.com? thank you!

ChristinePak

Applying

Post by ChristinePak » Jun 19th, '06, 17:18

If you are not a Korean Citizen You have to register under foriegner... and then you have to fax a copy of your passport to get approval... it's crazy

whosdagal

Post by whosdagal » Jun 19th, '06, 17:21

oh realy? have u done it? but is ther no instructions how to do it? im duno how to register coz i dun understand korean...hehe

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Applying

Post by lilswtangel » Jun 19th, '06, 17:27

ChristinePak wrote:If you are not a Korean Citizen You have to register under foriegner... and then you have to fax a copy of your passport to get approval... it's crazy
that's totally crazy!!! :crazy: :crazy:

but us.cyworld is coming soon~ :lol

whosdagal

Post by whosdagal » Jun 19th, '06, 17:31

lilswtangel wrote:
ChristinePak wrote:If you are not a Korean Citizen You have to register under foriegner... and then you have to fax a copy of your passport to get approval... it's crazy

oh realyy? wen will it be done? :-) thanx 4 tellin tho coz i thot i cud neva register at cyworld since i hafta send a copy of my passport...now i cud just wait...

ShortaznGirl

Post by ShortaznGirl » Jun 19th, '06, 19:07

oooooh now im HECKA happy. you just made my day lilswtangel! heehhehe now i can finally join a cyworld without understanding korean. lol

ChristinePak

Post by ChristinePak » Jun 20th, '06, 13:24

lilswtangel wrote:

wow do you know if you have access to Korean profiles if you have US cyworld?

Tristiseye

Post by Tristiseye » Jun 21st, '06, 14:05

You don't need to send in your passport. Although I am Korean-American, I was able to sign up for one simply by emailing a picture of my state i.d. I think the instructions to sign up were in Korean; but, my friend, who knows very little Korean, was able to sign up. (And she is not of Korean descent.)

Anyway, if you need help translating, let me know!

ChristinePak

Cyworld

Post by ChristinePak » Jun 21st, '06, 14:11

Tristiseye wrote:You don't need to send in your passport. Although I am Korean-American, I was able to sign up for one simply by emailing a picture of my state i.d. I think the instructions to sign up were in Korean; but, my friend, who knows very little Korean, was able to sign up. (And she is not of Korean descent.)

Anyway, if you need help translating, let me know!
hmm... well I signed up last month and I had to give them my passport number and fax a copy of my passport...

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 22nd, '06, 01:37

I made a cyworld. Don't need to fax. Just fill in the form, scan in your ID and upload it. It took a few days to process.

whosdagal

Post by whosdagal » Jun 22nd, '06, 01:41

seirin wrote:I made a cyworld. Don't need to fax. Just fill in the form, scan in your ID and upload it. It took a few days to process.
wher do u upload it...? how do u send to the cyworld ppl? "fill in the form", do u mean register form at cyworld? hehe sory im new to cyworld! :-)

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 23rd, '06, 04:56

yea, there's a button to sign up as foreigners. When you click on it, it takes you to policy page. You click on left button to agree with the policy and it takes you to a page to fill out a form. Like your email address (login id), password, name, address, etc. Then you have to upload your picture (or you can fax). Then you have to type some korean characters displayed on the side. After that you submit. You should get an email from cyworld confirming your registration. A few days later you should get another email from cyworld to say if you are registered or not. If you are registered, you get a colourful email showing stuff they have for cyworld. If its not, you get a page with some korean words.

There's a tutorial on soompi about how to join cyworld and create your own mini homepage.
http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23581

derranique

Post by derranique » Jun 24th, '06, 00:30

what is cyworld? Just curious. :|

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 24th, '06, 07:06

Its a mini homepage. Its abit fancier than friendster and what not. You can post messages, people can leave messages. There's section for videos, pictures. You can make folders. Also they have filters like page curls and stuff so it jazzes up your pics without requiring photo editing skills. They also let you load up themes for background too. Ahh there's also a storytelling board so people can post there.

KCfan_1314

Post by KCfan_1314 » Jul 18th, '06, 22:04

seirin wrote:Its a mini homepage. Its abit fancier than friendster and what not. You can post messages, people can leave messages. There's section for videos, pictures. You can make folders. Also they have filters like page curls and stuff so it jazzes up your pics without requiring photo editing skills. They also let you load up themes for background too. Ahh there's also a storytelling board so people can post there.
but why do u need ur id and passport ? :roll just wondering . . isn`t that a bit too strict ?

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 19th, '06, 09:10

They want to verify your ID is valid. You can use driver's license or anything with your photo and ID.

KCfan_1314

Post by KCfan_1314 » Jul 19th, '06, 15:28

seirin wrote:They want to verify your ID is valid. You can use driver's license or anything with your photo and ID.
so that mean is more private ? and . . . . . u can make one account o.O but wen u send the id . . do other ppl see it ? :unsure: haha x) j/w

hana~jk

cyworld

Post by hana~jk » Mar 26th, '07, 04:54

hi... i'm new here... again... regrdg the cyworld... if I reg at us cyworld.. can i access the korean cyworld??? I've tried to reg at kor cyworld... but... quite difficult huh!!! It takes a few days for me to translate and understand the webpage (I'm not korean & no nothing about korean language :() after all these hardwork, I finally did it (I mean i can fill up the form successfully!!) but then, one more thing...do we really need to send our id?? Is it a MUST??? I really want to access the kor cyworld!!!!

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Mar 26th, '07, 07:54

^ nope each cyworld's separate. i think because their database is stored seperately...
shrugs .. i can't even read korean anyways

fillupon

Post by fillupon » Mar 26th, '07, 09:56

these id verifications can't be too bad. I know perverts would think twice about trying to have conversations with minors.

hana~jk

thanks

Post by hana~jk » Mar 27th, '07, 03:53

Thanks for the info....Is it safe to send our id just like that...?? I mean via the net...etc...??? I'm just curious... I think this id stuff is quite too strict..