Only if you have time (2)
5%
STAY AWAY (1)
1%

Total votes: 82

mzLolz

[Discussion] Lunch Queen

Post by mzLolz » Dec 18th, '05, 20:17

What happened to the hard subbed Lunch Queen?

tUrtleAE86

Re: [Discussion] Lunch Queen

Post by tUrtleAE86 » Dec 19th, '05, 06:41

mzLolz wrote:What happened to the hard subbed Lunch Queen?
It's a Studio Oto release, where Eltinator plays a pretty big role, and I think he's been busy lately.

http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25138

mzLolz

Post by mzLolz » Dec 19th, '05, 23:32

honto, arigatou ^^

Greenbean

Questions on Lunch no Joou ep10-12(Spoilers).

Post by Greenbean » Mar 2nd, '06, 01:35

Hi

I really enjoyed this delightful show. I am so grateful to S-O for subbing ep1-8. Since it had been a month since the ep8 was release, with no new episode in sight, and being impatient i went and downloaded the raw episodes of 10-12. So i was wondering could someone give me summaries for these 3 episodes.

Also i have some specific questions on the ep10-12:
1. How does Yuni really feel about Hitami (sorry dont really know her name), the married woman friend. Does he love her but dont want to break up her relationship so he back off? Or does he felt that he dont love her enough, or dont love her at all? Or was it the woman who dont love him?

2. In episode 10 at the beginning: What did the youngest brother say about Natsumi as he enter the kitchen? And in the end did Yuni admit that he like Natsumi?

3. In episode 12 at the beginning: What did Kennichi say to Natumi, did he forget about her? What did Natsumi say to Shuuji when he was arrested? What did Tomato say after she gave the chef's hat to Jun?
And finally did Natsumi give an verbal indication on who she like more? I was rooting for Jun kun since he like her since the beginning, and had stuck with her thru all this time, plus he is a cutie pie. But it seems like she like Yuni ( he's cool too) more.

Thanks for any info on these episodes.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Mar 2nd, '06, 04:23

We have a disussion thread for Lunch Queen already (although it isn'tvery big ^_^; ), so I'm moving this there...

juljul9

Post by juljul9 » Mar 7th, '06, 03:47

hi.
does anyone knows if anyone is going to continue subbing this great episode? :)

kaze-kun

Post by kaze-kun » Mar 7th, '06, 04:08

apperently it's being subbed... said poochy
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... c947bb5b03

if it wouldn't be, i'd be willing to get together with some other japanese i know and ask them to help me sub it. shouldn't be too hard.

but i'd much rather just be patient.

airskape

Post by airskape » Mar 7th, '06, 06:26

yup im patiently waiting for the rest of the lunch queen eps from SO too :D
seems like the translators for SO went missing or something so thats why there havent been any recent releases from them

refer here http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... 002#380002
i dunno why they killed off the dad for though..he was kinda cool
i guess its because it puts some pressure on that guy who was in charge of making the demiglace sauce :scratch:
anyway i like this drama although ive forgotten some things because i havent watched it for sooo long :crazy: [/quote]

dokaben

Re: Questions on Lunch no Joou ep10-12(Spoilers).

Post by dokaben » Mar 10th, '06, 01:46

Greenbean, did you ever get your answers?
1. How does Yuni really feel about Hitami (sorry dont really know her name), the married woman friend. Does he love her but dont want to break up her relationship so he back off? Or does he felt that he dont love her enough, or dont love her at all? Or was it the woman who dont love him?

My impression was that they did have feelings for each other, even at the end. She was going to leave her husband, but then she found out she was pregnant. She decided to give him another chance and treat the transfer to London as a new beginning. The parallel theme was the pork sandwich. For 30 years the shop only made beef sandwiches, but for the woman they made a pork sandwich for the first time. Yuni says she can eat the new sandwich as a part of her new beginning.

2. In episode 10 at the beginning: What did the youngest brother say about Natsumi as he enter the kitchen? And in the end did Yuni admit that he like Natsumi?

You mean at 10 minutes in? I think they're talking about the kiss and the youngest brother mentions that Jun kissed her too. Yes, at the end Yuni admits that he likes Natsumi.

3. In episode 12 at the beginning: What did Kennichi say to Natumi, did he forget about her? What did Natsumi say to Shuuji when he was arrested? What did Tomato say after she gave the chef's hat to Jun?

Kennichi basically says, "Why are you still waiting here for me? Oh! Could it be that you really do like me?"

Natsumi says, "You can come back again and eat here. The restaurant will always be here and it won't change." The others join in, "We'll be here waiting for you. Hang in there. Come back and eat."

Tomato gives him the hat and says, "You've become a good cook. You worked hard at the sauce and you didn't give up. In the end you learned to make it. So you shouldn't give up on your feelings for Natsumi so easily."

Greenbean

Post by Greenbean » Mar 12th, '06, 06:30

Thanks dokaben for answering my questions. :)
About Yuni, its kinds strange, early in the episode 10 he seems to have such a strong feeling for Hitami, i would even say he was in love, then at the end of the episode he says he loves Natsumi.

And then Jun, at the end there were a couple of times where he seems jealous that tomato likes the apprentice now.

Oh i have one more question, it was were Natsumi did her legendary kick on kennichi, then she turns around and what did she say?
I really enjoy the show. But sometimes the story is too inconsistent. Like when Natsumi seems to be really afraid of shuuji and later on she is not. And Yuni's feeling for Natsumi and Hitami.

dokaben

Post by dokaben » Mar 12th, '06, 15:21

A man can have feelings for two woman at the same time, can't he? :-) I saw it as Yuni struggling with feelings for a married woman and a woman that was engaged to his brother. With the married woman (Hirumi, Hiremi?), I saw it more as wanting to protect her from her abusive husband. Some romance, but a lot of big brother-type feelings.

I think one of his turning points with Natsumi came after delivering the sandwiches. He says he'll make her a sandwich for her next birthday, she complains about having to wait until next summer. He asks if she can really wait so long for Kennichi. She says, "I wonder...", then their eyes meet. I think this opens the door for him to confess his feelings.

About Jun/Tomato, she tells him about dating Minoru and he acts shocked. He explains that they've been together since childhood so he feels sad/empty. Toma then flat out asks Jun if he'd like to date her and he avoids the question. At this point she confirms that Natsumi's the one he's serious about.

After Natsumi's kick Kennichi thanks her for waiting so long. Natsumi replies, "I wasn't waiting for you!" She then confesses about their lie.

Greenbean

Post by Greenbean » Mar 14th, '06, 03:50

Thanks dokaben for taking the time to answer my question again. :)

I guess a man can have feelings for two women at once, but i just dont consider that real love. And the way Yuni acts all nervous in front of Hitemi dont seem brotherly, even though his intention maybe so.

It sucks that the show ended it the way it did.

ikadoodledoo

Post by ikadoodledoo » Apr 9th, '06, 08:15

has SO said anyuthing about it's future releases? (10-12?)

dido

what happen to english-sub episodes?

Post by dido » Apr 16th, '06, 14:15

ano....just wondering....is SO still doing english subtitles for the rest of the episodes (10-12)??
i really enjoy this drama...i hope they are still working on it..... :-(

neokenzo

Post by neokenzo » Apr 16th, '06, 14:21

I think SO did say that they planned to finish it.

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Apr 16th, '06, 15:20

God im rather surprised and deprived by the news. Im currently on the 4th eps and everything is just fabulous. of course the plot the relationshipis rather blurry. If one ever think over all the other dramas, it's normal. One example would be "only you", a korean drama having almost the same stuff going on between Kenni and Natsumi. I would rather pray for Kenni to get Natsumi although i know that's almost impossible since she and Yuni have a feeling for each other, having similar life experiences.

well i just hope SO will finish the subbing. they have really done a fantastic job so far.

seeker

Post by seeker » Apr 16th, '06, 15:39

I really hope Natsumi will end up with Jun, although I'm afraid she likes the other brother more. She did seem a little jealous in the end of the 9th episode :-) Jun loves her so much more.
I can't wait to see the rest of the episodes
Niki

Merenge_5

Post by Merenge_5 » May 24th, '06, 17:58

Hi I just wanted to ask if this drama was subbed?! I'd like to watch it...but I don't know where to find the subs :blink

Gir

Post by Gir » May 24th, '06, 20:08

The first 9 ep.s have been hard subbed by Studio oto, (SO), they are available in the torrent section.

Merenge_5

Post by Merenge_5 » May 24th, '06, 20:24

Oh but aren't the subs alone aviable?! I can't dl trough torrent..only cb :unsure:

Mianda

Post by Mianda » Jun 12th, '06, 21:23

plzzz this is a request...plzzz...plzzz....i started watching lunch queen a while ago..i like it sooooooooooo much...but i cant find the hardsubs fer the 10, 11 and the 12 episode...does anyone know where can i find these episodes with english subtitles....or not plzzzzzzz can sumone sub it....i am actually quite disappointed that i started watching the drama without noticing tht not all the episodes were subbed...

and if anyone knows where i can find the soft subs fer these episodes...I'll be gratefull....

help me!.. :pale:

Hero

Post by Hero » Jun 12th, '06, 21:33

Mianda wrote:plzzz this is a request...plzzz...plzzz....i started watching lunch queen a while ago..i like it sooooooooooo much...but i cant find the hardsubs fer the 10, 11 and the 12 episode...does anyone know where can i find these episodes with english subtitles....or not plzzzzzzz can sumone sub it....i am actually quite disappointed that i started watching the drama without noticing tht not all the episodes were subbed...

and if anyone knows where i can find the soft subs fer these episodes...I'll be gratefull....

help me!.. :pale:
I think there isnt any softsubs available but i think SO have all eps translated but not fanalised the subbing etc yet so eps 10-12 arent out yet.

Maybe just try watching the raws on their own for the time being, im sure in some forum out there some people have explained the remaining episodes? if you find anything let me kno.

Mianda

Post by Mianda » Jun 12th, '06, 21:37

i hope the episodes are out as soon as possible...cant wait!!

tfortier

Nat-chan husband get arrest!!

Post by tfortier » Jul 13th, '06, 00:31

Hi, my wife (japanese) just told me the husband of the actress doing Nat-chan just get arrested in japan doing high speed on the highway being drunk... the worst: he was with another woman!!!

:alcoholic:

asprikitik

Post by asprikitik » Jul 13th, '06, 07:21

I didn't know takeuchi was married.

tfortier

Post by tfortier » Jul 13th, '06, 12:08

I will ask about th source and post it as a new thread... I didnt found anything in english about it...

Kimmy07

Post by Kimmy07 » Jul 30th, '06, 05:22

I just finished this series yesterday and I have to say it's definitely one of my favorites (even if it can be a tad inconsistent).

For anyone that's also finished the series, I also have a few questions ^^;
What was that whole competition thing in the last episode and going to Hakodate? Was that part of Jun's dream? I assumed it was because of the strong Yujiro hints during that part, but it's hard to tell knowing limited Japanese.

After Jun wakes up, Natsumi is talking to him and she whispers something to herself right before she gets down to wipe something off his face. Does anyone know what she said?

And one more. In episode 11, towards the end Natsumi is looking at a picture, focusing on Jun, and says "Ya kimochi?" What would the "ya" mean and whose feelings is she referring to? Is she wondering if Jun likes the new waitress or is she realizing she's jealous or what?
Thanks! ^_^

Kuraharashizue

Post by Kuraharashizue » Jul 30th, '06, 05:36

Just one of many series which I have the first x episodes of and then wait and wait and wait and ... while month after month after month goes by and no sign of the last few coming out any time soon. One can appreciate the amount of work required to sub such series, but it's still VERY frustrating for the fans who've seen too many series abandonned in midstream. It'd be great if people could hold off on releasing episode 1 until the last one is finished and the series as a whole is then available all at once rather than intermittently over several months, if at all.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jul 30th, '06, 06:27

tfortier wrote:I will ask about th source and post it as a new thread... I didnt found anything in english about it...
Posting off topic here, but since I read about it in the local Japanese paper last week (BaySpo)...
Basically, Nakamura Shido was caught with a female companion (who was not his wife) going through a red light in Setagaya-ward at on June 12 at 4:35 am. When the cops pulled him over, they found him intoxicated with an open bottle in the car. He had just returned from a week-long business trip to NY the day before and, after a stop home, went out to meet some friends at ~11:30pm.

Nakamura is actually a kabuki actor by training, but has been increasingly successful in dramas and movies. He married Takeuchi Yuko last year after they met and co-starred in the movie Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu and they have one son (from the shotgun wedding ^_^; ). The woman in the car with Nakamura is somebody Takeuchi knows, and when she found out, she denied anything happened between the two.

As a result of the incident, I think Nakamura has also been kicked off the cast of an unnamed drama that's supposed to air in October.

tfortier

Post by tfortier » Aug 15th, '06, 01:03

sugeeee! my wife told me a while ago they are divorcing now...
:argue:

meagermiser5

Post by meagermiser5 » Aug 30th, '06, 06:24

Lunch Queen is one of my favorite shows so far. It has got such a nice mixture of comedy and drama. Plus, it has food, and they really know how to make the food look sooooooo good on screen. I'm drooling everytime. This show never had a dull moment!

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » Aug 31st, '06, 02:58

I love this show too. good story good cast and good food :)

ewoo

Post by ewoo » Sep 7th, '06, 15:39

Any updates on wether the SO subs for episodes 11 and 12 are available?

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Sep 7th, '06, 15:45

They have not been released yet.

Gia3000

Post by Gia3000 » Sep 7th, '06, 16:27

Even though I love Yamapi, I can't watch this drama. I am on a DIET and all that yummy-looking food is the death of me. Argh, I wish the drama didn't evolve around food.

chickenta

Post by chickenta » Sep 8th, '06, 03:16

Gia3000, it's too bad you can't enjoy this drama while on your diet... :( When you're done dieting, come back and watch it! :lol
One of my favorites so far... anxiously awaiting the next release!

princess_jime

Post by princess_jime » Dec 3rd, '06, 20:20

Well, I just finished watching the show, thanks to SARS for finishing it (love you guys! :D )

I have to say it's one of my all-time favorites now.

And I loved how the main theme of the show, the impact good food can have on people, was kept until the end.
So we don't know which brother nat-chan chose, well, I'll just imagine her with the one I liked the most and that's that :lol It wasn't a romance oriented show to begin with, ne?

And, I just cannot tell people enough how much my family has fallen in love with the show as well, it's something really funny and precious, when a family can come together to watch something, laugh, cry and overall be moved by a tv show.

:cheers: :wub:
Last edited by princess_jime on Feb 15th, '07, 19:03, edited 1 time in total.

silver sparrow
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by silver sparrow » Dec 6th, '06, 00:27

i just finished watching this drama, overall i really enjoyed it. however i was a bit disappointed in the ending as we dont know what had happened with the relationships between nat-chan and the brothers. personally i was rooting for jun-chan cuz he really did love her. i felt some other things were left unanswered as well... but overall i'd give it a 7/10, could have been higher if it had a more definite ending.

spokeydokey00

Post by spokeydokey00 » Dec 8th, '06, 04:18

I enjoyed this series. I too have issue with the ending but it still a nice show. The best part was for sure the food! Watching this series really made me hungry and really want to try omurice! I do think it was wrong at how the brothers were going after Nat-chan even though they thought she was engaged to Ken-ni (except Jun-chan because he knew what was going on). But overall I agree with SILVER SPARROW: 7/10.

rezo

Post by rezo » Dec 8th, '06, 23:06

Just finished watching it.

Kenichiro should have had more screen time. I loved all of his scenes. Especially when he "assaulted" that guy in the restaurant. But the characters were really well done in the show. Except for the occasional scenes about how moving food and lunchtime are, it was really good, and even those weren't too bad here.

I'm cool with the ending. I'd guess that she'd end up with Yujiro, if anyone. She was willing to select a ticket at the end afterall. Junzaburo was a whiny youngster and I'm glad the show didn't go the route of having her hook up with him as it seemed like it could have early on.

namjaluigi

Post by namjaluigi » Dec 11th, '06, 17:00

I have only watched two episodes so far but I absolutely love this show! It makes me so hungry though, I'm thinking of driving to my fav place in little tokyo just for omurice! Does anyone know if their is a recipe book for this show?

tUrtleAE86

Post by tUrtleAE86 » Dec 12th, '06, 03:33

namjaluigi wrote:I have only watched two episodes so far but I absolutely love this show! It makes me so hungry though, I'm thinking of driving to my fav place in little tokyo just for omurice! Does anyone know if their is a recipe book for this show?
Actually, there is a recipe book. :)
I bought it, and well, I scanned it too. :lol
Gotta fix up the scans, and I'll upload it eventually. Maybe within a week or so.
Just note that it's in Japanese, of course.

jutendouji

Post by jutendouji » Feb 15th, '07, 05:39

I just finished watching this show, and it's just great. I brought me to tears many many MANY times, sometimes several times per episode, and the one with the most tear-count was obviously
the 6th or 7th I believe, the one where their father dies
. That episode was just heart breaking, I downed a whole box of tissues that day... :cry:

After seeing the ending, although it was befitting, it wasn't quite what I expected, it wasn't as "grand" as I'd have liked. And there's still many things left unresolved, namely what's going to happen with Natsumi and Yujiro / Junzaburo. But the thing is, as much as I'd like to see a 2nd Season, it won't happen. They tied up most of the other characters very VERY well and it's obvious they won't continue developing it any further, you know?

For instance, Koshiro's "ending" so to speak, he decides to actually take up the family business which we don't see happening at all during the first half of the show, but obviously he gradually changes after the events mentioned in the spoiler above. Same with Kenichiro, he comes around and while doing things his own way, does want to make his father proud and is sorry about his deeds, and totally redeems himself with the last episode's actions. Not to mention, everyone else forgives him and agrees to give him a warm welcome home next time he shows up. So that's 2 other characters completely resolved (their plots, I mean).

Then we have Tomato and Minoru, who also are kinda neatly tied up together although it is kinda weird... but I guess after 10 years of waiting for Jun, she has to let him go follow his own goal, and ultimately wants to see him happy no matter what. Minoru also overcomes his work OR love issue with this, which is his only issue to be honest.

All in all, I know my post is full of spoilers but I kinda had to write it down to convince myself that there won't be a Lunch Queen 2, hehe. As much as I like seeing characters over and over, sometimes it just doesn't happen.

それだけです

sakr0

Post by sakr0 » Feb 18th, '07, 08:30

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone on here knew where to get a necklace (or at least one similar) like the one that Natsumi is wearing during the beginning of the final episode. It looks like an adjustable silver choker/collar type of style. It just looks so unique and I wanted to get something like it. Thanks if anyone can help me out . . .

P.S. The drama was great btw! Makes me wanna go out and eat omurice everytime I watch it :wub:

7654321friend

Post by 7654321friend » Mar 21st, '07, 03:09

have a question abt the ending epsiode though...

in the last episode, the part where Natsumi won the prize to go on the holiday with the brothers,
was it part of Junzaburo's dream as well? if it was his dream, then the part tat Natsumi had to choose the train tickets between Jun and Yujiro did not actually happen, right?

i only know tat the wedding part was Jun's imagination.
[/spoiler]

thtl

Post by thtl » Mar 21st, '07, 09:11

7654321friend wrote:have a question abt the ending epsiode though...

in the last episode, the part where Natsumi won the prize to go on the holiday with the brothers,
was it part of Junzaburo's dream as well? if it was his dream, then the part tat Natsumi had to choose the train tickets between Jun and Yujiro did not actually happen, right?

i only know tat the wedding part was Jun's imagination.
No, I don't think this part is a dream.

7654321friend

Post by 7654321friend » Apr 2nd, '07, 05:04

oic... so only the wedding part was in the dream..

thtl, thanks for replying!

YeeKrfan

Post by YeeKrfan » Apr 11th, '07, 08:00

I just love this cute & oishii drama with all those delicious food and handsome cooks...love ly story! :D

missnerdberd

the plane ticket

Post by missnerdberd » Apr 14th, '07, 13:52

i REALLY REALLY wonder which ticket did natsume choose?

Liss

Post by Liss » Apr 15th, '07, 01:24

^
maybe she didn't choose any ticket

missnerdberd

Post by missnerdberd » Apr 15th, '07, 01:46

Liss wrote:^
maybe she didn't choose any ticket
eh i think she did,and looked stunned but they never reveal which ticket she chose.

anohianotoki

Post by anohianotoki » May 29th, '07, 12:00

Well, Takeuchi Yuko sure is a fine figure of a woman and it is good to see a more mature female character.
However, I do wish the writers had courage enough to conclude things in a satisfying manner. Lacking a conclusion, I vote that Natsumi marries Yuni eventually, and goes on to play a motherly role to the other brothers as she sometimes did already. Junzaburo seems like he can fall for the next pretty waitress they hire. As for picking the ticket, I figure she picked Yuni's ticket. Otherwise, he'd have given up his suit and there'd be a sense of resignation when they are in Junzaburo's room at the end, or maybe Yuni would have walked right by.

ToroHime

Post by ToroHime » Apr 7th, '10, 02:55

I loved this drama SO much!! Although, I was also disappointed in not being able to find out what happened with the love triangle. Still awesome though (^^)

JackBauer2424

Post by JackBauer2424 » Jun 28th, '15, 01:00

I watched to about episode 9 then realized the numbering of the files was screwy and I missed episode 7. The final episode, #12, seemed to end abruptly where a seated customer asks Natsumi-chan if she was Miss Nihonbashi. What happened after that? Who did she choose to marry? How did this series end?

TLab3000

Post by TLab3000 » Jun 28th, '15, 17:06

Lunch no Joou and Seija no Koushin were the first jdoramas I've ever watched :)

@JackBauer2424: PM