Vietnamese D-Addicts

speak whatever language you like here.
xMiiluvx

Post by xMiiluvx » Jun 22nd, '06, 22:42

can some1 help me how to download some series video?...i dont get it.. im confused..feeling stupid..lol plz help meee
kk message me if u can help me .. thankx
bibi

Sinjin

Post by Sinjin » Jun 23rd, '06, 15:03

Hello everyone, xin chao moi nguoi.

chibs721

Post by chibs721 » Jun 26th, '06, 18:33

hmmm...I was down in Huntington Beach (CA) the other day...and we past by this shop that was called "What the PHO?"...heh it was a Pho resturant called "What the PHO" heh heh I just thought it was funny.

viet_kitty

Post by viet_kitty » Jun 26th, '06, 21:52

xMiiluvx wrote:can some1 help me how to download some series video?...i dont get it.. im confused..feeling stupid..lol plz help meee
kk message me if u can help me .. thankx
bibi
hehe...i just now understand how to use torrent...u have to have a torrent program to download the VDO...

NewSgurl97

Post by NewSgurl97 » Jun 26th, '06, 21:59

Yippee!! a viet community! living in virginia, i can't read or write in vietnamese if my life depended on it but i can speak it. Have you guys ever listened to Cardin, Trish, Asia 4, ect. you know ppl from Trung Tam Asia

viet_kitty

Post by viet_kitty » Jun 26th, '06, 23:22

i don't really like Asia that much...Paris By Night and Van Son is better...Van Son is the best cuz they have more comedians there and it's funnier than the other ones...

bad_girl

Post by bad_girl » Jun 26th, '06, 23:26

hello cac ban!! minh cung la Viet, rat vui duoc lam quen voi tat ca cac ban!!

xYuki

Post by xYuki » Jun 26th, '06, 23:28

chibs721 wrote:hmmm...I was down in Huntington Beach (CA) the other day...and we past by this shop that was called "What the PHO?"...heh it was a Pho resturant called "What the PHO" heh heh I just thought it was funny.

hahah i live right by there and i pass it everytime i go surfing....almost afraid, but very curious to try it. there's also another one in westminster (CA) called pholicious. lol

moon_child85

Post by moon_child85 » Jul 1st, '06, 17:41

s there a vietnamese title for romance of the three kingdoms?

jane

Post by jane » Jul 1st, '06, 18:33

moon_child85 wrote:s there a vietnamese title for romance of the three kingdoms?
Yes, it's Tam Quô´c Chi´

patman3d

Post by patman3d » Jul 6th, '06, 18:13

Cha`o Ca'c ba.n :) patman3d la` ngu*o*`i mo*'i ... glad to meet you :thumleft:

iLOVEhyunbin

Post by iLOVEhyunbin » Jul 6th, '06, 18:38

heyyy peoplee! wow that`s pretty awesomee! vietnamese people living in AUTRALIA & GERMANY & SUCH? superrr awesomeee! i livee in california. -__- dunnoe whyy it`s such a GOLDEN STATE & all . the best place to live or whatever. i think it`s kinda annoying living here. it`s like competition. so much discrimination. from people by your own race too. kindaa gay. well anywho denngg i`m vietnamese but i`ve neverrr been to vietnam -___- how is it like there? how`s their fashion? i`ve always seen vietnamese fashion as those long dresses. ao dai. is that how you spell it -__- well anywho if that`s the case then i think korean style is better. unless someone can prove me wrong. ;D

Emperor

Post by Emperor » Jul 7th, '06, 10:20

Xin Chao Everyone! A Viet community here i see :) I'm in London, England and quite a small Viet community or hardly any at all :)

anh2

Korea vs Vietnam

Post by anh2 » Jul 9th, '06, 14:29

hacksign wrote:1. I'm viet and I can listen, speak, read, and write it but only moderately. What I have the most trouble with would be reading and speaking though. Despite being able to read it, I'll probably have difficulties understanding it so that makes reading it without the symbols annoyingly difficult for me. As for speaking, I find that starting a conversation to be the hardest part cause I was never really sure how I should address a person: bac, chu, chi, ang, ba, ong, etc. and also myself: em, chau, toi, ta, etc. Even when I was learning Japanese in HS, they didn't have as many different ways to speak to so many different people. I mean, when all else fails, use "watashi" and the person's name with -san/-sama on the end.

Anyways, I guess you can say I'm proud to be viet, either that or I'm happy that my parents are viet cause I get to eat all the delicious food (though I have to admit that there are some that aren't as appetizing as I would like). ^^

2. Despite what people say, I really enjoy korean dramas. As for the two girl/two guy thing... ehh... it's a given. Korean excel at romantic dramas and love RIVALRY is the ultimate conflict in romance. It's like if you watch a horror movie, there is a good chance that someone is going to get killed but just because that one aspect is the same for most of the movies, you wouldn't go saying that all horror movies are the same thing. If it was like that then all you have to do is watch one movie of each genre and generalize the rest of them. Then again, think about all the free time you would have...

OH, and another thing I noticed from a few people is that they say they hate a specific series or character from a series and I admit that it happens to me more than once. However, if you have ever said that then you should know that the producer, director, and whole production team have succeeded in assuring one thing--that you aren't just a passive viewer. Sucks to know, huh? The one show that you couldn't bear to finish cause it was upsetting you so much had at least manage to stir up your emotions.

3. This really shouldn't be made into a political battle over VC or whatnot. Although I can understand the negative sentiments about VC from some people (especially seeing how the majority of first generation viets went to America or other places to escape from the VC), but having been back to Vietnam three times already, I can attest to the fact that it's has been slowly getting better over there. Hopefully things will start getting better between the North and the South but like captain-nippon says, at least Vietnam is one country unlike Korea, and we really shouldn't be hating our own people.

I do believe that I made this long enough as my contribution to this thread. =P

I agree...time to move on I re-married to VC her grandfather was top spy for Mr. Ho .While my father spent 13 yrs in re-education camp as I escaped by fishing boat to Malaysia 1979, and got whipped by their soldiers. I learn to forgive malaysian thru a friend in university had gone out with this girl for 3 yrs but could not married her since she did not want to stay in Toronto. After divorce to vietnamese girl from Boston. I cashed out my retirement funds in hope to see if I can survive in Vietnam since a friend from highschool told me vietnam is very capitalist now but not officially yet. When I went back it was my wife to be grandfather memorial and so I met many high ranking official who were more or less concern what business contact I can setup for them then restrains or controls. I only express that my sadness how many people had died during our evolution and how far we are from Korea in technology and lifestyle. They all agree and suggested I come back to help. I now have a baby boy 7 months old and my motor vehicle accident is not completed yet. I am in pain constantly in Toronto Canada and so I am seriously considering starting a export/import company to help out both countries. I have to say that more of the older generation who left vietnam should recognize that conflict was more or less started by the French and America and the greed of our official but look at the world greed and corruption is gonna be here till Christ comes back for the ultimate judgement. So lets just get along be nice ...give a hug! :wub:

I do agree about korean dramas they are very similar even Emperor of the Sea even though that is some what their historical version...it still brings in two guy two girl theme. Though my wife says if it was my life story then several guys and 19 girls? She just says stop watching with her and play with our son. She right too...though I love spending time with both ...but my childhood dream of being a director or producer is still in me so that is why I need to critque it. It is a refreshing change from the HK dominated styles. I am not too fond of Taiwan nor China nor Singapore production. Thailand odd production has some room for improvement....just my twenty-five cent worth of rant. :salut:

Duet

Post by Duet » Jul 10th, '06, 08:58

LELELE i'm viet!

longed

Post by longed » Jul 11th, '06, 17:53

i am a viet also, but i think vietnamese are stupid people and dumb and ungly, they can't do anything

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Jul 11th, '06, 17:55

longed wrote:i am a viet also, but i think vietnamese are stupid people and dumb and ungly, they can't do anything
Does that include you? :whistling:

longed

Post by longed » Jul 11th, '06, 18:00

That does not include me but you, and who is this

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Jul 11th, '06, 18:28

longed wrote:That does not include me but you, and who is this
Now you're just being a hypocrite. How do you know I'm stupid, dumb and ugly? You haven't met me before so you have no right to generalize me.

tieu_phuong_nhi

Post by tieu_phuong_nhi » Jul 11th, '06, 18:45

Hey alll......

I thought this supposed to be a place to share thoughtful and encouraging type of forum...But seem like we're criticizing each other over .....I mean we're all vietnamese so why do that??? Well, just my opinion so don't mind about it...

PS: I hope we could all share to each other some experiences or cultural experiences..what need to be improve/not improve..to help our next generation...something like that...not criticizing our culture....

luv you all

:wub: :heart:

lilanimekid

Post by lilanimekid » Jul 11th, '06, 19:10

longed wrote:i am a viet also, but i think vietnamese are stupid people and dumb and ungly, they can't do anything

I just found it ironic that someone, who called others stupid, left a message full of errors. Also saying stupid and dumb is pretty...redundant. Oh and I forgot to add that I'm Viet too. Hello fellow Viets.

athrunjustice

Post by athrunjustice » Jul 11th, '06, 23:15

longed wrote:That does not include me but you, and who is this
you just got pwned mate, step away from the computer

debstuh

Post by debstuh » Jul 11th, '06, 23:41

--
Last edited by debstuh on Mar 9th, '10, 07:35, edited 1 time in total.

t-d-d

Post by t-d-d » Jul 12th, '06, 01:35

[quote="longed"]i am a viet also, but i think vietnamese are stupid people and dumb and ungly, they can't do anything[/quote
]
that la` kho^ng bie^'t you ugly co*? na`o, but tui tha^'y to^i ra^'t de,p, va` ra^'t ha?nh die^.n la`m ngu*o*`i VIET , ca'i dep kho^ng pha?i de be^n ngoa`i, ma` la` trong lo`ng, ca'ch no'i chuye^.n cua? you te^. wa', cho du` be^` ngoa`i co' dep, cu~ng la` bi. cha` dap. bo*?i ca'i kho^ng nha^.n ra nguo^`n go^'c cua? mi`nh .

Ca'c ba.n, mi`nh la` ngu*o*`i Vie^.t, chu'ng ta luo^n to^'t dep, kho^ng ca^`n bie^'t ngu*o*`i ta no'i mi`nh "ugly" co*? na`o, as long as u think you are pretty, then you are .

jane

Post by jane » Jul 12th, '06, 14:31

longed wrote: i am a viet also, but i think vietnamese are stupid people and dumb and ungly, they can't do anything....

That does not include me but you, and who is this
You're right, longed. That does not include ME but YOU, so you know who that is? :mrgreen:
d-d-t wrote: Ca'c ba.n, mi`nh la` ngu*o*`i Vie^.t, chu'ng ta luo^n to^'t dep, kho^ng ca^`n bie^'t ngu*o*`i ta no'i mi`nh "ugly" co*? na`o, as long as u think you are pretty, then you are.
I like that sentence!

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Jul 13th, '06, 00:35

longed wrote:i think vietnamese are stupid people and dumb and ungly, they can't do anything

Damn it.........this defines me so well.

A good 100%-98.789233%

Please tell me you're not going to break out your Ti-89 Calculator just to do that math
:glare:

Edit......Just caught the spelling error. Yea.....my eyes just couldn't open enough to see it.
But seriously........how can you spell "ugly" wrong :unsure: If you meant to spell it wrong.....you weird :mrgreen:

Worry not. We won't hate you for your stupidity or your ungliness :thumright:

t-d-d

Post by t-d-d » Jul 13th, '06, 04:08

oh, yah, i just realize that 2, maybe that's y co' ngu*o*`i tu*. noi' chi'nh min`h la` "Ngo^'c" :cheers:

tenwood

Post by tenwood » Jul 13th, '06, 16:27

t-d-d wrote:oh, yah, i just realize that 2, maybe that's y co' ngu*o*`i tu*. noi' chi'nh min`h la` "Ngo^'c" :cheers:
Put him on ignore, he's only trying to start a flame war.

Just found another asian forum site that's decent, asianfanatics.net , takes a while to be a member though.

It has been 2 weeks since I last ate good viet food, arrrghhhh.

debstuh

Post by debstuh » Jul 15th, '06, 12:14

--
Last edited by debstuh on Mar 9th, '10, 07:34, edited 1 time in total.

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Jul 15th, '06, 17:18

debstuh wrote:
K.T.Tran wrote:
longed wrote:i think vietnamese are stupid people and dumb and ungly, they can't do anything

Damn it.........this defines me so well.

A good 100%-98.789233%

Please tell me you're not going to break out your Ti-89 Calculator just to do that math
:glare:

Edit......Just caught the spelling error. Yea.....my eyes just couldn't open enough to see it.
But seriously........how can you spell "ugly" wrong :unsure: If you meant to spell it wrong.....you weird :mrgreen:

Worry not. We won't hate you for your stupidity or your ungliness :thumright:
haha!! dork~~ :lol

new word of the day: ungliness

yayy~ we always learn something new.

--how's summer? its coming to an end though!! haven't talked to you in a long time since that one nocturnal morning. have you fixed ur sleeping hours? ^^ obviously i haven't. haha its sooo random now!! hope ur doing good in classes! and hopefully we can chat soon!! take cares pho man! i figure you reply to the forums faster then online. :P
hahaha I'm a dork.....can't be helped :thumright:

Summer School started for me 2 weeks ago. 4 weeks left and then my Month and half of Summer break begins :cheers: Long time since we last talked. I've......change my sleeping schedule a tiny bit. No more afternoon sleeps, its more like naps now because after class we go bowling or out to lunch, then my friend and I would study some for our class and then play games :lol

I don't have much hopes when it comes to you and your sleeping hours. You'll always be up when all normal people in California are sleeping :mrgreen:

vincentmach

Post by vincentmach » Jul 15th, '06, 17:30

I think he must be talking about his communist dad and ancestors

churongnho

Post by churongnho » Jul 15th, '06, 18:04

Mấy câu này là bạn đang tự nhận xét về bản thân bạn đó phải không?

You're talking about yourself, right?

tieu_phuong_nhi

Post by tieu_phuong_nhi » Jul 18th, '06, 03:51

I luv you alllllllllllllllllll :wub: :wub: :wub:
Attachments
mashimaro.gif
mashimaro.gif (11.23 KiB) Viewed 6577 times

Sunfire249

Post by Sunfire249 » Jul 18th, '06, 17:33

]
Are you sure you're Viet? You must hate yourself alot to say that. I'm viet, and I may not be the best looking girl on the street but there are tons of viets who are gorgeous ^_^

vincentmach

Post by vincentmach » Jul 18th, '06, 17:37

Sunfire249 wrote:]
Are you sure you're Viet? You must hate yourself alot to say that. I'm viet, and I may not be the best looking girl on the street but there are tons of viets who are gorgeous ^_^
true that sis, true that :salut:

chunu

Post by chunu » Jul 18th, '06, 18:06

@tieu_phuong_nhi:
omgosh...man o dau ma ngon the? :P

i'mNOangel

Post by i'mNOangel » Jul 18th, '06, 18:19

churongnho wrote:
Mấy câu này là bạn đang tự nhận xét về bản thân bạn đó phải không?

You're talking about yourself, right?
no i think that he/or she was talking about the whole damn country.

i'm not living in vietnam but i have alot of relativs there and they are all mean and only thinks of money.of course there are vietnames who are very nice but most people are stupid jerks.
ps.i love the country but just not the people............and very sorry if i being too mean :unsure:

i'mNOangel

Post by i'mNOangel » Jul 18th, '06, 18:24

tieu_phuong_nhi wrote:Hey alll......

I thought this supposed to be a place to share thoughtful and encouraging type of forum...But seem like we're criticizing each other over .....I mean we're all vietnamese so why do that??? Well, just my opinion so don't mind about it...

PS: I hope we could all share to each other some experiences or cultural experiences..what need to be improve/not improve..to help our next generation...something like that...not criticizing our culture....

luv you all

:wub: :heart:
hi...i just wanna says that i love the fruits that you have in your picture(avatar).that must be ages sens i ate it. :-(

Sunfire249

Post by Sunfire249 » Jul 18th, '06, 18:27

[quote="i'mNOangel]
no i think that he/or she was talking about the whole damn country.

i'm not living in vietnam but i have alot of relativs there and they are all mean and only thinks of money.of course there are vietnames who are very nice but most people are stupid jerks.
ps.i love the country but just not the people............and very sorry if i being too mean :unsure:[/quote]

I don't think anybody would or should take offense from that, since that IS from your
experience and your opinion.

But from my experience and my opinion I find that there's mean and not mean people in any race. I'm not saying that there aren't any jerks in the vietnamese community, but I'm not going to say that most of them are jerks, 'cause there are probably an equal number of jerks and nice people in any race.

I just find that alot of Vietnamese parents that I know are constantly comparing their children to other children, and pushing their children to become "the best" which I find ridiculous.

tieu_phuong_nhi

Post by tieu_phuong_nhi » Jul 18th, '06, 20:02

Chunu Ngon ko??Thay ma thich huh???

I'm sure that every culture had their own weaknesses and strongness, but don't put the judgment at one point.........."be open minded"

Take the weaknesses as a point for improvement and take Pride in the strongness

If anyone talking about the country, put the situation on how the people live. There are people that couldn't afford a meal and making probably about $1-$3 a day. So the thing that come up to their mind is SUPPORTING their family which involve MONEY. Since we "whoever live in the US or other countries" have enough foods in our stomach we don't have to worry about being starve.

Please see the situation and don't comment if you don't know it...

Much luv,
:wub: :wub: :wub:

PS: don't mind my words, just an expression
Attachments
Live-Laugh-Love-Your-Fellowmen
Live-Laugh-Love-Your-Fellowmen
LLL.gif (2.18 KiB) Viewed 6509 times

tieu_phuong_nhi

Post by tieu_phuong_nhi » Jul 18th, '06, 20:04

Chunu Ngon ko??Thay ma thich huh???

I'm sure that every culture had their own weaknesses and strongness, but don't put the judgment at one point.........."be open minded"

Take the weaknesses as a point for improvement and take Pride in the strongness

If anyone talking about the country, put the situation on how the people live. There are people that couldn't afford a meal and making probably about $1-$3 a day. So the thing that come up to their mind is SUPPORTING their family which involve MONEY. Since we "whoever live in the US or other countries" have enough foods in our stomach we don't have to worry about being starve.

Please see the situation and don't comment if you don't know it...

Much luv,

PS: don't mind my words, just an expression

i'mNOangel

Post by i'mNOangel » Jul 18th, '06, 20:32

i fell soo sorry for the poor people who live in vietnam right now.......speciell the chidren who goes too school and if they don't do they homework or something they will be beaten by the teacher.and i'm not kidding i once lived in vietnam and those were my worse and best years of my life mostly worse.i'm actually very lucky too get out of that country.just felll really sorry for the kids........and this is just on of many thing that they go thought......sorry for nagging :P but if you want to know more about what i'm talking about then just pm.......

dave-bk

Post by dave-bk » Jul 20th, '06, 23:33

Cool, i've been to what the pho before and wouldn't recommned it. not so good at all. try out pholicious though. it's a pretty cool place. funny name but love the food. good food and service too. i don't like eating around bolsa much unless i have to.

viet_kitty

Post by viet_kitty » Jul 21st, '06, 03:38

i just feel bad for the country...they like/need money too much...even though they are nice...to them...money is something they need to survive in a poor country...no matter how i hate the viet government...i still love my relatives that still live in Vietnam...i don't think Viets are stupid...some are just greedy...and that greed led them to something worse...The laws aren't exactly right...kids are everywhere doing some illegal thing...another thing i think Viet needs improvement is school...man...school fees there are killer...no wonder the kids drop out of school...that's why the country hasn't grown much improvement...cuz kids are dropping out of school...i know they really are smart kids in Vietnam...even if they are in school...they'll just skip school...it's too strict...i heard something like they won't let teachers hit kids anymore, but how would we know that they don't...so all i have to say is...affordable school fees and better constitution or law...

sorry...i had to let it go when i heard my cousin is dropping out of school do to no money for it...

asiangirldee

Post by asiangirldee » Jul 21st, '06, 05:18

i must say. a viet community here is good :]

hmmm... concerning vietnam... (fyi i have never stepped a foot there) im just against the communist government. even though because of that and some other irrelevant stuffs, i hate vietnam, i think we should give the nation a chance to succeed. the communists should communicate and interact w/ other nations and help the nation prosper. i feel pity for the people living in vietnam since the majority of them are not well off... its all the COMMUNISTS' fault... dont blame the vietnamese citizens... and there are communists because the U.S. didnt put their full force to help vietnam fight against france and whatnot... the U.S. were afraid >.< ho chi minh wouldn't have went the communist way...sigh... anyways...

you guys here watch phim bo ?

ThangDiengXD

Post by ThangDiengXD » Jul 21st, '06, 06:33

I got lots of family in vietnam and some of my cousins dropped out too.but went back 2 school lately cusz my parents work hard everyday and send money back there for health and education. when i was little i always thought vietnam was a easy place to live, well it is and its fun too if you dont have 2 worry about the money. I got so sad when i got in my hometown and saw how ppl suffer. and its true because they are so poor they get greedy, i know cusz of family probs lately. i had fun there playing arnd with cousins, watching viet dubbed dramas, eating those fruits =D~~~, going 2 crowded places and i would go again:@ but take more money wif meh 2 spend on fam :P

viet_kitty

Post by viet_kitty » Jul 21st, '06, 22:52

asiangirldee wrote:i must say. a viet community here is good :]

hmmm... concerning vietnam... (fyi i have never stepped a foot there) im just against the communist government. even though because of that and some other irrelevant stuffs, i hate vietnam, i think we should give the nation a chance to succeed. the communists should communicate and interact w/ other nations and help the nation prosper. i feel pity for the people living in vietnam since the majority of them are not well off... its all the COMMUNISTS' fault... dont blame the vietnamese citizens... and there are communists because the U.S. didnt put their full force to help vietnam fight against france and whatnot... the U.S. were afraid >.< ho chi minh wouldn't have went the communist way...sigh... anyways...

you guys here watch phim bo ?
I don't think it was France...Northern side got help from China and the Soviet Union...which both of their government was communism...and yes...US didn't give South vietnam enough support...but it's also because vietcong was good fighting in the jungle...and dang it...my grampa suffer so much from that war...he had to go to prison and sail in a fishing boat to escape that stupid place...

tieu_phuong_nhi

Hi-fi for proud Vietnameses

Post by tieu_phuong_nhi » Jul 25th, '06, 20:08

Hello guys,

I"m so proud to heared those of you who felt that the behaviors of Vietnamese people living in VN is not their fault but because of the situation. They are trying to survive the harship of life.

PS: If one day Vietnam country became a Democratic (free country) would you go back and help rebuild it????????? :salut: :cheers: :cheers:

Luv you all,
Attachments
canibe.gif
canibe.gif (2.63 KiB) Viewed 7786 times

jayph

Re: Hi-fi for proud Vietnameses

Post by jayph » Jul 27th, '06, 23:06

tieu_phuong_nhi wrote:Hello guys,

I"m so proud to heared those of you who felt that the behaviors of Vietnamese people living in VN is not their fault but because of the situation. They are trying to survive the harship of life.

PS: If one day Vietnam country became a Democratic (free country) would you go back and help rebuild it????????? :salut: :cheers: :cheers:

Luv you all,
It's ALREADY rebuilding itself

viet_kitty

Post by viet_kitty » Jul 29th, '06, 21:03

@tieu_phuong_nhi...as long as they rebuild their gambling habits...man...i heard that during the worldcup...a lot of people got caught cuz of gambling...

...btw...your avatar reminds me of my old house in vietnam...which the new owner lost cuz of gambling...i love that house...it got Man, Nhan, Na, and Du Du...i LOVE those fruits...i want some now...

tenshi_angels87

Post by tenshi_angels87 » Aug 3rd, '06, 00:11

sorry to but in your conversation like this, but does any of you guys know how to use your keyboard to write in viet, i can do that but i don't know how to put the sign/accent on the letter.

u know, like when you write "me" (mom), how do you put the period under the "e" ? i've been trying to do this since last week, but got nowhere.

sorry for not introducing myself, hi my name is tuyet, nice to meet you all ^^;

Duet

Post by Duet » Aug 3rd, '06, 07:01

[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c115/ ... G_0182.jpg[/img]

I'd like to show everyone here, how i almost raped tuan hung.

LOL!

tenwood

Post by tenwood » Aug 3rd, '06, 21:21

Cute picture.

And yes, you would be charged with rape in Pakistan and Iran :D

no7260

Post by no7260 » Aug 3rd, '06, 22:02

Hi Tuyet, u can download VPSKEYS 4.3 at Yahoo or Google. After that u can rite with the sign/accent on the letter.

LilYen

Post by LilYen » Aug 4th, '06, 05:21

Hello everyone. I'm 23 and currently live in Arizona. Hope to meet fellow Viet Asian Drama addicts. :)

Hell_Angel

Post by Hell_Angel » Aug 9th, '06, 15:24

tenshi_angels87 wrote:sorry to but in your conversation like this, but does any of you guys know how to use your keyboard to write in viet, i can do that but i don't know how to put the sign/accent on the letter.

u know, like when you write "me" (mom), how do you put the period under the "e" ? i've been trying to do this since last week, but got nowhere.

sorry for not introducing myself, hi my name is tuyet, nice to meet you all ^^;
when u already got vietkey, unikey or any other tools to type viet, set it to telex mode and type:
aa ~> â
aw ~> ă
ee ~> ê
uw ~> ư
oo ~> ô
ow ~> ơ
dd ~> đ
s ~> ' (sắc)
f ~> ` (huyền)
x ~> ~ (ngã)
j ~> . (nặng)
r ~> ? (hỏi)
(hope i didnt forget something :P)

for example if u want to type mẹ u type mej
have fun typing ^____^

hi guys! Im new here :roll nice to meet ya all

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Aug 10th, '06, 17:54

Hey guys, good afternoon (at least where I'm at, it is :D)...

I was surfing the Internet when I landed on this unofficial trailer for a new Vietnamese movie called The rebel (Dòng máu anh hùng). The first thought that came to my mind was that... it wasn't too bad. In fact, I found it to be quite captivating and the action scenes were handled quite well. The film also starred Johnny Trí Nguyễn, Dustin Nguyễn, Ngô Thanh Vân, Nguyễn Thắng... Here's a trailer for anyone who is interested:

Judging from the trailer, the movie does look very Holywood, not that it is a bad thing. For the first time in a while I feel excited waiting for a Vietnamese film. I read an article somewhere saying that the martial arts in the film are Vovinam, Taekwondo and Wushu. Let's hope the story does not suck. Acting-wise, I'm not very worried.

i'mNOangel

Post by i'mNOangel » Aug 10th, '06, 18:09

is anyone watching the show "paris by night"?? :scratch:

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Aug 10th, '06, 18:31

i'mNOangel wrote:is anyone watching the show "paris by night"?? :scratch:

Was never interested in this show.....or that other show that has people sing.....Asia was it.....

yuna67

Post by yuna67 » Aug 10th, '06, 21:04

i'mNOangel wrote:is anyone watching the show "paris by night"?? :scratch:
i do!! I like this show !! it's quite funny sometime :D

mikomi, this film look not bad !!! do you know where we can get it?

viet_kitty

Post by viet_kitty » Aug 12th, '06, 05:16

I watch Van Son...it has more comedy...it's good for me...I sort of watch Thuy Nga...Ngoc Ngan is awsome...and funny...

x0xTEELEEx0x

Post by x0xTEELEEx0x » Aug 12th, '06, 06:31

Hi! Just wanted to introduce myself... Truc here!
Wish I didn't lose my Viet, but I can barely write or read to save my life. =(
I can understand and speak fluently though...
Kind of sad since I went to VN 3 times... but I guess it's cause of school.

Anyway... Hi all!

yatrasoc

oh, hey..dudes!!!

Post by yatrasoc » Aug 12th, '06, 19:22

I'm studying in the States right now.... Just got here 2 years ago (not too long heheheh) . Nice to see our people here. I know that Vietnamese like us are very addicted to K-dramas, Chinese series from the time we were still in our mommy's toe. Anyway, I'm Tran. .....(Shake hands) :salut: :cheers:

Kozzi

Post by Kozzi » Aug 13th, '06, 02:40

Hello all !
Another viet which is not from vietnam here :)

tieu_phuong_nhi

Post by tieu_phuong_nhi » Aug 25th, '06, 05:36

:cheers: :salut: :wub:

Just want 2 wish you all a NICE WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Aug 25th, '06, 16:54

How many members here are from Vietnam????

tieu_phuong_nhi

Post by tieu_phuong_nhi » Aug 25th, '06, 20:08

If anyone can please help me.

For some weird reason, I've try to search for a drama, click on download, and click on page number in Torrent. The page would not load but load back to the orginial which is the Torrent page. No matter what I search or do anything it still load back to the original Torrent page...

Please help me on this. thanks

juxvi3t

Post by juxvi3t » Aug 29th, '06, 00:35

bwena87 wrote:hey all u vietnamese ppl!!

im a proud viet too :D ! i was born n raised in australia... i knoe how to speak n listen to vietnamese but cant read/write it even if my life depended on it!! :lol
havent been back to vietnam b4..... :-( have you all been back??? i heard apparently the atmosphere there isnt that nice.... :scratch: well i wouldnt knoe.....

do you all listen to viet music?? honestly no offence but i find viet music very hard to listen to..... :crazy:
Wow, Australia. Hahaha I'm the opposite of you XD I can read and write Viet pretty well for being born overseas, but speaking and listening...especially speaking. hahaha

The atmosphere isn't that bad, though it can be. And Viet music...have you ever heard of Cardin, Trish, Minh Tuyet, Bao Han, etc? The traditional Viet music is hard to listen to though.

VietBaka

Post by VietBaka » Aug 29th, '06, 00:41

="tieu_phuong_nhi"]If anyone can please help me.

For some weird reason, I've try to search for a drama, click on download, and click on page number in Torrent. The page would not load but load back to the orginial which is the Torrent page. No matter what I search or do anything it still load back to the original Torrent page...

Please help me on this. thanks
Which drama were you looking at? Are you trying to download a torrent?]

juxvi3t

Post by juxvi3t » Aug 29th, '06, 00:44

Glad to meet a Viet community.

I'm young compared to most people here, born in the U.S., can write/read/listen to Viet but cannot speak so well (WTF)

Just a question, but is anyone here in Thieu Nhi Thanh The or goes to Dai Hoi Thanh Mau in Missouri?

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Aug 29th, '06, 04:25

juxvi3t wrote:Glad to meet a Viet community.

I'm young compared to most people here, born in the U.S., can write/read/listen to Viet but cannot speak so well (WTF)
Thats interesting. First time I've heard someone who can't speak viet that well but can write and read :blink

juxvi3t

Post by juxvi3t » Aug 29th, '06, 22:59

K.T.Tran wrote:
juxvi3t wrote:Glad to meet a Viet community.

Thats interesting. First time I've heard someone who can't speak viet that well but can write and read :blink
Yeah, I have no clue what's up with that. I'm in a Viet Ngu class that I never try to speak Viet in, and I don't speak Viet at home. Maybe it's because Vietnamese is completely phonetic and I read a lot...?

Prophezy

Post by Prophezy » Sep 7th, '06, 20:36

Oh i c .. here is vietnamese ppl 2...
Minh cung ngoui viet nhe :p , but not so good in viet.
Chao may dua em.. :P

Me adopted from vietnam.. :D
to this beautiful country... so i haved learn some viet.. in 1½ years now.. but still Engviet! :D
I understand viet, i can read alittle, i write alittle, but i can bad word 100% :D :P

well well .. have to sleep now.. very tired from all the work..
C you all ladies in this channel... kiss kiss

QuYuLi

Post by QuYuLi » Sep 7th, '06, 21:23

Chao cac ban~~ ^^

I'm viet too ^^ But from Canada. I speak fluently but reading and writing is not the best ^^;; Good enough to get by but no poetry or that sort of stuff ^^;;

Viet music... I love the traditional stuff ^^ Like Troung Vu and such... hmmm... Viet rap... it's ok I guess... though sometimes it's amazing what some our these rappers will rap too . . . including BoA's Every Heart. Yes, I have a song of a bunch of viet guys rapping to Every Heart by BoA. :blink Come to think of it, I have a lot of viet covers and in general, viet rap.

Ok, I'll stop blabbing now. ^^;; should be doing hw :P chao~~ ^^

Prophezy

Post by Prophezy » Sep 7th, '06, 21:35

Hi QuYuLi and welcome :)