RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KDRAMAS (ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
szne09

Post by szne09 » Jun 10th, '06, 12:58

I just finished Goong...I watched mainly because I've heard so much about it...it's a nice drama, though some episodes are kind of dry. But the Prince (Joo Ji hoon), in my opinion, fitted the role. Though I enjoyed it, there were times when I found the Princess quite annoying...maybe because she just acted too childish sometimes...but of course all-in-all the drama's worth watching...

Right now I'm on episode 3 of To Marry A Millionnaire...I'm actually just a bit curious about it, though the story's pretty predictable anyways. On the other hand, I find Go Soo's character endearing....he plays a not-so-smart guy who has a really good heart.

chrizzy_bebe

Post by chrizzy_bebe » Jun 12th, '06, 15:23

uh oh... i'm stuck! can't make a decision...i shouldn't have purchased Kim Sam Soon and Sweet 18 at the same time! lol... i'm really hooked! ^_^

sooo many people have recommended Kim Sam Soon! i'm afraid it might make Sweet 18 less enjoyable. but then again, some say Kim Sam Soon has a bad ending whilst Sweet 18 is a feel-good type of show...

ireally indecisive... which one should i watch first? *laughs*

xYuki

Post by xYuki » Jun 14th, '06, 05:44

i just watched full house for the second /time and i love it so much...i just love the fact that it has two really good leads and storyline...can anyone recommend another drama as good as it?

mchan

Can you help me finding my type of drama ?

Post by mchan » Jun 14th, '06, 20:52

well,, I'm a busy girl, so I can't really enter all the drama topics and search for the kind I want... Please I want a specific type of drama if you know a good one tell me please please ... its a type like this :

Romance- he is kinda cold, strong personality so does she, loves her deeply and there is a love triangle..

what I have and loved it so far from this type : Hana Yori Dango, Devil Beiside you and Goong .. if you know others please please please tell me ..

Thanks in advanced

jpoplover08

Re: Can you help me finding my type of drama ?

Post by jpoplover08 » Jun 14th, '06, 22:09

mchan wrote:well,, I'm a busy girl, so I can't really enter all the drama topics and search for the kind I want... Please I want a specific type of drama if you know a good one tell me please please ... its a type like this :

Romance- he is kinda cold, strong personality so does she, loves her deeply and there is a love triangle..

what I have and loved it so far from this type : Hana Yori Dango, Devil Beiside you and Goong .. if you know others please please please tell me ..

Thanks in advanced
Well if you loved those than you will love My Girl which is a romance comedy but is sorta sad near the end. AND it's got a GREAT love triangle! i didnt know who i wanted Lee Da Hae to be with until the end! And um...i dunno i cant really think of any right now but maybe you should try My sister in law is 19. Thats really good im currently watching it. Or if you dont mind the sad dramas then i'd suggest Tree of heaven. It's got a great OST and the love triangle is decent. I've watched soo many dramas now that i cant even remember them all! Oh and Prince turns into a frog thats good too. Perhaps you could also try It started with a kiss? Although the girl in it my opinion is super whiny and stupid...but thats just my opinion... :glare:

xYuki

Post by xYuki » Jun 15th, '06, 09:45

i need another kdrama thats as good as full house and in which both the leads are hot...(song hye gyo + bi = super hotness)

Antipete

Post by Antipete » Jun 15th, '06, 11:24

I dont think some people really know what a drama is, more than half of the stuff at least I am or have been reading here are romantic comedy's [not drama, sorry!] and Teen romance [not drama, sorry!]...... maybe you could have started your own thread for romatic comedys or Teen comedys right? :P

Dont worry tho I still love you all!!

layziehuong

Post by layziehuong » Jun 15th, '06, 17:18

Antipete wrote:I dont think some people really know what a drama is, more than half of the stuff at least I am or have been reading here are romantic comedy's [not drama, sorry!] and Teen romance [not drama, sorry!]...... maybe you could have started your own thread for romatic comedys or Teen comedys right? :P

Dont worry tho I still love you all!!

actually, a teen romance can be a drama. a drama is something that's highly emotional, and many of these dramas have the dramatic stories.

layziehuong

Post by layziehuong » Jun 15th, '06, 17:20

xYuki wrote:i need another kdrama thats as good as full house and in which both the leads are hot...(song hye gyo + bi = super hotness)
hot leads? that might be hard but i can tell you dramas that are really cute like full house. try Delightful girl Choon-Hyang & My Girl. i think those are really adorableee and they kept the smile on my face just like full house :D

Antipete

Post by Antipete » Jun 16th, '06, 03:33

Oh Laziehuong............
actually, a teen romance can be a drama. a drama is something that's highly emotional, and many of these dramas have the dramatic stories.
your right, I totally agree and I was wrong also cuz I was thinking of the more darker-emotionally downsided flicks!

Can I ask a Q here? All of these avatars I am seeing, are they mostly taken from TV and movie heros or are a lot of these the real pix of the people posting? I know this makes me look totally dumb but if so theres some totally gorgeous chix here altho sadly I am waaaaaaaaaay to old for these pretty women!

Funny how in life I dig dark haired women and I would have L-O-V-E-D to have dated a nice raven haired asian woman but besides my first wife [only had one but she sadly died young from cancer] all of my women turned out to be blondes which are fine with me I guess and I have a GF now that I spoke about here before that I will prob marry and again shes a blonde so I guess its what inside that attracts me the most now that I think about it altho if I could only go back to my young 20's I would "so-make-sure" that I at least got to date a nice dark haired asian woman to see what that would be like....... well as long as she could cook anyway!

: )

NinjaGaiden

Post by NinjaGaiden » Jun 16th, '06, 04:38

Recommendations *Bad______*****Good

*****Bad Family - A very funny drama where a gangster tries to coop with his new family =D

*****My Girl - Very hilarious...A must for ppl who are into romance-comedy =D

***Full House - It's okay. Why? The scenes are tedious =/

***Choon-Hyang aka Delightful Girl - The first few episodes were really great but the ending kinda died...lol I didnt get the special feeling i did in My Girl although it was made by the same director

****Only You - What can i say? It's original. But if u find the first few episodes boring...i suggest you to stop...lol

***Goong - Fighting over power and love...it's alright. I heard there was a sequel to this =D

Those are the k-dramas i have watched so far...if u have any questions or u would like to know more....do not hesitate to ask =D

I heard 1 Litre of Tears(it's jap though but there are subs =D ) was good...it made a lot of my female friends cry...LOL And so as Save the Last Dance for Me. I fink those are the next ones ill be watching =D

Here are a list of other k-dramas i heard was good: (it's gonna take awhile for me to dl them...LOL)

Gal Circle
Spring Waltz
Golden Apple
Great Inheritance
Dae Jang Geum
A Love to Kill
Sad Sonata aka Sad Love Song
Tree of Heaven
What Planet are You From?
The Sad Love Story

chrizzy_bebe

Post by chrizzy_bebe » Jun 17th, '06, 01:56

Ayo! It's exam time over here so I have to "limit" the korean dramas I watch *haha*
I recently purchased My Lovely Sam Soon (MNIKSS) and i've only watched the first episode.
and wow... I LOVE it already!!!

ragcey

Post by ragcey » Jun 21st, '06, 05:39

Question: I've started watching Save the Last Dance for Me (up to about Ep. 6?), Which Star Are You From (up to about Ep. 10), Tree of Heaven (up to Ep.2), Winter Sonata (I watched all the episodes of when they were high schoolers) and Full House (up to Ep. 2) but I stopped watching them because I lost interest. Which drama do you guys recommend me to keep watching?

I've watched:
-Autumn Story
-Autumn Showers [only the end of it]
-Be Strong Geum Soon
-Dae Jang Geum
-Four Sisters
-Goong
-My Girl
-My Name is Kim Sam Soon
-Sad Sonata
-Spring Waltz
-Stairway to Heaven
-Sweet Spy [most of the episodes]

The only ones that made me cry were Autumn Story and Stairway to Heaven but they tend to drag a bit.

I thought that Goong started out really funny and then it started to drag around the last 3 episodes or so.

Spring Waltz was really good in the beginning and then it gets really laggy and even annoying in the middle but the end is really sweet.

I loved My Name is Kim Sam Soon because its different from other Korean dramas, although I stopped watching it in the middle cuz I wasn't really hooked onto it. And then I took it up again and I'm glad I did (:

I loved the OSTs of: Autumn Story, Goong, My Girl, My Name is Kim Sam Soon, Sad Sonata, Spring Waltz, and Stairway to Heaven. If you're into classical piano music, Spring Waltz has a really good OST. I loved every single song on that OST.

Currently Watching:
-Great Inheritance [the kids are sooooooooooo cute!]
-One Fine Day [the 4 main characters and extremely good looking. Gong Yoo! ^^]

I reaaaaaaaaaaaaallly want to watch I'm Sorry, I love you but they don't have it in YouTube anymore [they're suspending users who upload Korean Dramas >.<] and I don't know how to use torrents and all the goodies on this website -_- Anyone, help?

Korean Films I've Seen:
-...ing
-A Moment to Remember
-He Was Cool
-Innocent Steps
-Madeleine
-My Little Bride
-My Sassy Girl
-Sad Movie
-The Classic
-Windstruck
-Wolf's Luring

I really want to see: Il-Mare, Daddy Long Legs, Lover's Concerto, Now and Forever, You Are My Sunshine, and The King and the Clown.

xYuki

Post by xYuki » Jun 21st, '06, 08:43

ragcey wrote:Question: I've started watching Save the Last Dance for Me (up to about Ep. 6?), Which Star Are You From (up to about Ep. 10), Tree of Heaven (up to Ep.2), Winter Sonata (I watched all the episodes of when they were high schoolers) and Full House (up to Ep. 2) but I stopped watching them because I lost interest. Which drama do you guys recommend me to keep watching?

I've watched:
-Autumn Story
-Autumn Showers [only the end of it]
-Be Strong Geum Soon
-Dae Jang Geum
-Four Sisters
-Goong
-My Girl
-My Name is Kim Sam Soon
-Sad Sonata
-Spring Waltz
-Stairway to Heaven
-Sweet Spy [most of the episodes]

The only ones that made me cry were Autumn Story and Stairway to Heaven but they tend to drag a bit.

I thought that Goong started out really funny and then it started to drag around the last 3 episodes or so.

Spring Waltz was really good in the beginning and then it gets really laggy and even annoying in the middle but the end is really sweet.

I loved My Name is Kim Sam Soon because its different from other Korean dramas, although I stopped watching it in the middle cuz I wasn't really hooked onto it. And then I took it up again and I'm glad I did (:

I loved the OSTs of: Autumn Story, Goong, My Girl, My Name is Kim Sam Soon, Sad Sonata, Spring Waltz, and Stairway to Heaven. If you're into classical piano music, Spring Waltz has a really good OST. I loved every single song on that OST.

Currently Watching:
-Great Inheritance [the kids are sooooooooooo cute!]
-One Fine Day [the 4 main characters and extremely good looking. Gong Yoo! ^^]

I reaaaaaaaaaaaaallly want to watch I'm Sorry, I love you but they don't have it in YouTube anymore [they're suspending users who upload Korean Dramas >.<] and I don't know how to use torrents and all the goodies on this website -_- Anyone, help?

Korean Films I've Seen:
-...ing
-A Moment to Remember
-He Was Cool
-Innocent Steps
-Madeleine
-My Little Bride
-My Sassy Girl
-Sad Movie
-The Classic
-Windstruck
-Wolf's Luring

I really want to see: Il-Mare, Daddy Long Legs, Lover's Concerto, Now and Forever, You Are My Sunshine, and The King and the Clown.
hey you should definitely finish Full House...it's like the mother of all kdramas. it's the best. and maybe if u have time, which star are you from. it gets really good at episode 13.

NinjaGaiden

Post by NinjaGaiden » Jun 21st, '06, 19:52

No offense to all who love Full House but i find it really boring =/ Both leading characters fight over the dumbest things...the fights were tedious =/ Anyhoo, what i recommend is Bad Family and 1 Litre of Tears =D In my opinion, those are by far the best dramas out there after My Girl. Goong was kind of a drag. I only watched it because the main actress' teacher was hot!! lol...

xYuki

Post by xYuki » Jun 22nd, '06, 02:31

yeah, it prolly has a different effect on u because ure a boy.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Jun 23rd, '06, 00:33

NinjaGaiden wrote:No offense to all who love Full House but i find it really boring =/ Both leading characters fight over the dumbest things...the fights were tedious =/
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but as a 16 year old male, you are probably too young to appreciate Full House. Girls tend to mature earlier and that's why there are so many young girls who like it.

I loved Full House, it's still my favorite series because I can really relate to the things that happen to them. Like the little things that they fight about - You need to have lived with someone you love to know what that's all about :-)

hmai

Post by hmai » Jun 24th, '06, 20:43

OMGG!!! MY GIRL is the best of all the K drama I have watched. Hilarious, cute, got to love the main actress soooo pretty and adorable. The main actor is so handsomeeeee hehehehe. Other supporting actors and actress are also great. THe music is cooolll . Love everything about this series---the story, actor/actress, music.....everything. Trust me you all got to see it :))))

hmai

Post by hmai » Jun 24th, '06, 20:44

OMGG!!! MY GIRL is the best of all the K drama I have watched. Hilarious, cute, got to love the main actress soooo pretty and adorable. The main actor is so handsomeeeee hehehehe. Other supporting actors and actress are also great. THe music is cooolll . Love everything about this series---the story, actor/actress, music.....everything. Trust me you all got to see it :))))

jpoplover08

Post by jpoplover08 » Jun 25th, '06, 02:09

hmai wrote:OMGG!!! MY GIRL is the best of all the K drama I have watched. Hilarious, cute, got to love the main actress soooo pretty and adorable. The main actor is so handsomeeeee hehehehe. Other supporting actors and actress are also great. THe music is cooolll . Love everything about this series---the story, actor/actress, music.....everything. Trust me you all got to see it :))))
Yaeh the music was really good. I got to the OST somewherei cant even remember anymore lol. I'm actually thinking of buying the whole boxset series. My Girl is just one of those dramas that you never get tired of!

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Jun 27th, '06, 16:52

I finished watching Resurrection a few days ago and I loved it...

Anyone who can recommend a drama with an equally interesting story?

sheaumun

Post by sheaumun » Jun 27th, '06, 17:38

coolz

rsorrt

Re: RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KOREAN DRAMAS

Post by rsorrt » Jun 29th, '06, 12:02

jaycee05 wrote:
KEEP AWAY FROM
Summer Scent- worst kdrama I'd ever watched, the plot is so stupid along the heartbeat!

Summer Scent is a very good Drama.. I Like it, I buyed the original DVD Set...

This drama is part of the Endless Love set of dramas:
-----------
Autumn in my heart
Winter Sonata
Summer scent
Spring waltz
------------

this all are very good dramas....
my favourites...!!

:cheers:

rukD2B

Post by rukD2B » Jun 29th, '06, 20:21

MUST WATCH GOONG!!!

I highly recommend it. Especially if you wanna watch something wayyy hilarious and romantic and sad. I really liked the work of this series and I can't wait for the next season!! NOT JUST A MUST WATCH BUT A PLEASE WATCH! :P

sevenz

Post by sevenz » Jun 30th, '06, 21:22

Can anyone give me recommendations on comedy romance dramas please?

Here are the list of series in this genre that I have watched and really enjoyed:
Full House
My Name is Kim Sam Soon
My Girl
Sassy Girl Choon Hyang
Goong

Thank you for your help :D

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jul 1st, '06, 01:47

sevenz wrote:Can anyone give me recommendations on comedy romance dramas please?

Here are the list of series in this genre that I have watched and really enjoyed:
Full House
My Name is Kim Sam Soon
My Girl
Sassy Girl Choon Hyang
Goong

Thank you for your help :D
Mr Goodbye - currently still airing and being subbed. Theme is refreshing like Kim Sam Soon. And if you are into TW, Prince Turned to Frog (Jem). It has a good dose of both romance and comedy.

sevenz

Post by sevenz » Jul 3rd, '06, 01:31

Thanks, I'll try Mr Goodbye then, since I loved Kim Sam Soon so much :D
Oh yea, I had watched Prince Turned to Frog before, it was a fun series too hehe

ilovedaddicts

Post by ilovedaddicts » Jul 5th, '06, 03:55

[Spring Waltz]

i just finished spring waltz today. i was disappointed with the 2 long draggy episodes of the small kids (ep 2/3). i thought they were trying a little too hard. repetitions of certain songs in the starting got me a little offset. this show unfolds a beautiful love story.. one that would certainly have you to shed tears. one that is so greatly touching that i, a 16yr old guy would cry -.- haha! fortunately mum wasnt around to watch me =p

this story's plot is certainly averagely paced. if you love unbelievably beautiful sceneries, you would certainly love this. the plot is vivid, a very,very unique with easy understandable complications. it is not somthing like "full house" which concentrates alot on comedy and with the faint storyline.

{in scale of 1-10}
Kept me excited : 8 - practically not many twists, but beautiful still. some parts i even delayed my meals =p
Kept my eyes open : 11 - i watched till late morning (4am here when the world cup Ger vs. Ita was on) i finally stopped and went to bed at ep 19 simply because my eye lids were 1mm apart.
OSTs : 9 - superbly superb superbb! again it portrays emotions very very well. those of mysteriousness, love, sadness, livelyhood of humans in a romantic world.

Guys girls, big guys big girls, mothers fathers, aunties and uncles, this is not just a MUST but its unforgivable that you dont have it in your collection! it saddens me with the thought that someone might just miss this..

luvelyasian

Post by luvelyasian » Jul 9th, '06, 20:04

which new dramas are reallly good and definitely worth watching?

Dr. Kkeng
One Fine Day
Smile Again
Soulmate
Alone in Love

like really really good? i've grown up watching kdramas btw, just wondering if any of these are worth the download because i'm leaving for college soon and i want to spend my kdrama watching time wisely LoL

thanks so much

qhpepa

Post by qhpepa » Jul 10th, '06, 09:50

I watched these from beginning to end::
1- All about Eve
2-Glass slipper
3-Stairway to heaven (skipped some bits near the end)
4-Her house
5-A wish upon a star
6-Memories of Bali
7-Prince's first love
8-Country Princess (a.k.a Wild Funny Girl)
9-Law firm
10-Mr Duke
11-Hotelier
12-Miss Kim's million dollars quest
13-Shoot for the stars (old)
14-My Girl
15-Full House
16-Bad housewife

Haven't completed - sometimes because of loss of interest :javascript:emoticon(':-)')
Smile
-Dae Jang Geum (haven't got time ...)
-We are dating now (lost interest)
-All In (lost interest)
-Winter Sonata (too draggy)
-Summer Scent (a bit silly)
-MISA (still hoping to finish)
-Spring days (watching it just for Jo In Sung)
-Lovers in Paris (don't like the girl)
-Sweet 18 (hoping to finish)

My favourites are::
-All about Eve: very cute and the main actor is soo charming (I could see this again and again!!)
-Country princess: very good chemistry between the main leads, the guy is cute in a vulnerable/babyish way
-Memories of Bali - Jo In Sung is super cute & the story is not predictable!
-My girl - funny but a bit predictable
-Her house - interesting show of korean culture!
-Bad housewife - hilarious and realistic!!

mist1105

Post by mist1105 » Jul 14th, '06, 17:25

I think Sweet Spy should be added to the OK drama. It isn't a must-watch, but the show's rating didn't do it justice. I'm hoping enough fans can rally together so.. well once you'll watch it you'll understand. Besides, theres nice eye-candy in the show, Dennis Oh. Really attractive =)

Kawaii Megumi

Post by Kawaii Megumi » Jul 17th, '06, 15:30

HI there.. I have a little question to ask you. I'm looking for a Kdrama, but I don't know the title of it. It's about a girl that's falling in love with her teacher ^_^" I saw it in Vietnamese but the title is also in Vietnamese. I really want to see it in Korean. Thank you for the help ^^

kairy

Post by kairy » Jul 17th, '06, 15:42

whouaah too much too see
can i ask you a question ?
i don't have a lot of time to watch all this, so can someone here advise me a great korean comedy??
i tired of sad movie, i want to watch something which can make me laught and smile :p

thx you for replying!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
viva D-addict community!!!

snooopy06

Post by snooopy06 » Jul 18th, '06, 21:19

I only want someone to recommed me the best of 2006 series because I don't know which to dowload

please don't recommend sad dramas

*kawaii*

Post by *kawaii* » Jul 21st, '06, 21:46

hmmm the best of 2006
happy + comedy + romance

my girl
GoonG

my best happy comedy is my name is kim sam soon
its the only drama i watched twice
also try

full house

^_^

qhpepa

Post by qhpepa » Jul 22nd, '06, 03:35

Kawaii Megumi wrote:HI there.. I have a little question to ask you. I'm looking for a Kdrama, but I don't know the title of it. It's about a girl that's falling in love with her teacher ^_^" I saw it in Vietnamese but the title is also in Vietnamese. I really want to see it in Korean. Thank you for the help ^^
I think it's called 'I'm still loving you', you can see the review here to check if it's the one you asked for.
http://www.spcnet.tv/reviews/review.php?rID=664

jonnyboi

Post by jonnyboi » Jul 22nd, '06, 03:49

juz finished "My Girl"...wow iz really good. I used to think Full House was the best now; not anymore. I used to like song hye kyo but her in "autumn tale" juz dissapointed me, very sad ending (WHAT'S WITH EVERYONE GETTIN CANCER IN MOST K DRAMAS!!!!)...discouraged me from watching more k dramas. But My Girl has encouraged me to watch more.

Anywayz i've heard lots of good things about Goong o_0.

blueberry08

Post by blueberry08 » Jul 25th, '06, 08:22

jonnyboi wrote:juz finished "My Girl"...wow iz really good. I used to think Full House was the best now; not anymore. I used to like song hye kyo but her in "autumn tale" juz dissapointed me, very sad ending (WHAT'S WITH EVERYONE GETTIN CANCER IN MOST K DRAMAS!!!!)...discouraged me from watching more k dramas. But My Girl has encouraged me to watch more.

Anywayz i've heard lots of good things about Goong o_0.
Autumn Tale was aired long ago and at that time, many people appreciated it very much because of its unique plot (it has the original theme of cancer-dying leads, brother falling in love with his sister and so-likable stars). A lot of people got into the world of KDramas because of Autumn Tale. :-)

maymay80

Post by maymay80 » Jul 26th, '06, 02:47

ok, diff watch 'MY GIRL" OMG. i loved it. halarious and funny. love both lee dong wook andlee da hae's performance. :cheers: :D

kyosak

Post by kyosak » Jul 29th, '06, 16:49

I just finished MISA, and I must say, it did not dissapoint. With all these comedies I've been watching lately, the melodrama turned out to be really good, and it was the only drama to really affect me this much post-series... Can someone recommend some really good melodramas like MISA that don't drag like crazy? Thank you!

rainbowtonight

Post by rainbowtonight » Jul 29th, '06, 17:10

kyosak wrote:I just finished MISA, and I must say, it did not dissapoint. With all these comedies I've been watching lately, the melodrama turned out to be really good, and it was the only drama to really affect me this much post-series... Can someone recommend some really good melodramas like MISA that don't drag like crazy? Thank you!
I was wondering the same thing :D . MiSA is the best of the saddest I've seen so far .

kyosak

Post by kyosak » Jul 29th, '06, 18:58

rainbowtonight wrote:
kyosak wrote:I just finished MISA, and I must say, it did not dissapoint. With all these comedies I've been watching lately, the melodrama turned out to be really good, and it was the only drama to really affect me this much post-series... Can someone recommend some really good melodramas like MISA that don't drag like crazy? Thank you!
I was wondering the same thing :D . MiSA is the best of the saddest I've seen so far .
Haha, I hate the feeling of finishing a really good drama and not being able to find anything that can match up to it. I'm stuck! :lol

Aquira-Angelic

Post by Aquira-Angelic » Jul 30th, '06, 22:58

My Personal favorite of Korean Dramas of all time

(eventhough I don't watch much dramas, so I'll just recommand those that I know best)

1/ Autumn In My Heart (aka Autumn's tale)
2/ Full House
3/ Heaven's Tree (aks Tree Of Heaven)
4/ All About Eve
5/ Stairway To Heaven ( I didn't get a chance to watch the whole series, but felt in love with what I've watched)
6/ Glass Slippers
7/ Stainless Glass
8/ Sangdoo ! Let's Go To School
9/ Taste Sweet Love (aka Snow White - I love Lee Wan in this drama)
10/ Let's Go To The Beach (eventhough I don't like the main actress in this series, her face looked too FAKE, soooo Uncute)

Too bad, I haven't watch My Girl, Goong and many others that you guys are praising about.

So if anyone, know a place (beside Silentregets.com) where I can download with Directs link, please let me know. Much are appreciated.

Thanks

yan_ange

Post by yan_ange » Jul 31st, '06, 03:34

you can download via direct links either from kpopper website or idol-unlimited. just goggle it!! Have fun downloading. If not go and watch it on youtube!! The whole series of My Girl is up!

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » Jul 31st, '06, 04:42

kyosak wrote:
rainbowtonight wrote:
Haha, I hate the feeling of finishing a really good drama and not being able to find anything that can match up to it. I'm stuck! :lol
I love MISA too! i used to lose interest v soon when watching melodrama and MISA's the first of its kind which i completed the whole series.

I'd also recommend Damo. It's so sad yet so beautiful. i just finished it last week and still feel a heavy rock in my heart....

howzitboy

Post by howzitboy » Aug 3rd, '06, 09:28

id rank what ive seen :
1. full house: funny funny love story
2. goong: awesome rags to riches tale
3. i'm sorry i love you (misa): tale of revenge and love
4. my girl: another fun love story, main girl is soo cute *sigh*
5. my name is kim sam soon: wow, another funny love story.
6. autumn tale (autumn in my heart): sad, sad tear jerker

luvelyasian

Post by luvelyasian » Aug 4th, '06, 02:50

i haven't been on this forum for a few months.. meaning i haven't really kept up with the new kdramas

the last ones i've seen but haven't finished are Spring Waltz and What Star are you from.. both are okay

i've also seen the kinda recent ones: My Girl, Goong (didn't finish because i didn't like it), and i know all the really popular ones (samsoon, ect)

but are they any really really really good recent ones?

i'm going to watch it in college so i'd like one that will be worth my free time ><

sad, funny, dramatic... are ok as long as its a can't miss drama (BUT leaning a bit towards a melodrama)

cliched to the max is only okay if its executed beautifully, like Stairway to Heaven

please help me out.. no bias if possible. thanks so much :)

p.s. does no one else want to see Mr. Kkang subtitled.. it seems to have so much potential but i can't go far without understanding the intricasies of the dialogue.. my korean is horrible :(

nadesico
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nadesico » Aug 10th, '06, 09:23

Hi there!!just to ask some advice: there's a lot of new series lately, but i wonder if there are any good before downloading. I've seen Bad family(excellent), i'm watching exhibition of firewoks and soulmate, but I would like to know what you guys think about:
Doctor khaeng
Smile again
alone in love
great inheritance
Mr goodbye
one fine day
They all seem promising, but it's best to have the opinion of the community :lol thanks a lot

mayi

Post by mayi » Aug 10th, '06, 10:27

hello everyone!!!

I don't know if this drama is subbed but i'd like to recommend "HELLO FRANCESKA".
I watched it with friends and we all had very good time.
It's about a familly of vampire imigrates in korea. You will sure love it. :wub:
Attachments
franceska.jpg
franceska.jpg (2.15 KiB) Viewed 4252 times

7654321friend

Kdrama Discussions

Post by 7654321friend » Aug 11th, '06, 16:13

nadesico wrote:Hi there!!just to ask some advice: there's a lot of new series lately, but i wonder if there are any good before downloading. I've seen Bad family(excellent), i'm watching exhibition of firewoks and soulmate, but I would like to know what you guys think about:
Doctor khaeng
Smile again
alone in love
great inheritance
Mr goodbye
one fine day
They all seem promising, but it's best to have the opinion of the community :lol thanks a lot

Smile Again - have finished watching Smile Again n i feel tat it's a series worth recommending... Some nice scenery filming in Switzerland... Lee Dong Gun has such a different role in tis compared to the previous one in Sweet 18. The bad guy role makes him one to love n hate at the same time... the storyline is good, n the characters are protrayed v well... it makes u want to catch the next episode....the excellent OST(by Se7en) is a plus too!! good ending, a nice show overall...

Alone in Love - currently watched up to episode 9, it basically talks abt issues surrounding life after divorce... a more different type of series as compared to the usual romance kdramas or dramas tat have eyecatching hunks/hot guys or cute girls in it... it focuses more on character development, internal conflicts within the characters, n the show has some interesting conversation, dialogues, thoughts etc... not the serious drama as it has been protrayed to be though, there are many light hearted moments in tis drama as well...

Great Inheritance - at episode 13... First Thought: The kids in tis show r so adorable!! They make ur day! A funny n light hearted show with touching moments at times... Kim Jae Won has some excellent performances, although he doesnt exactly look like a gangster(he is supposed to b one in the show). Han Ji Min looks really sweet n the teacher role suits her well... I thought KJW and HJM makes a good pair... Definitely a good series to recommend...

nadesico
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: Kdrama Discussions

Post by nadesico » Aug 13th, '06, 11:17

7654321friend wrote:
nadesico wrote:Hi there!!just to ask some advice: there's a lot of new series lately, but i wonder if there are any good before downloading. I've seen Bad family(excellent), i'm watching exhibition of firewoks and soulmate, but I would like to know what you guys think about:
Doctor khaeng
Smile again
alone in love
great inheritance
Mr goodbye
one fine day
Thanks a lot for your advice!! I will give great inheritance a try then!!

Smile Again - have finished watching Smile Again n i feel tat it's a series worth recommending... Some nice scenery filming in Switzerland... Lee Dong Gun has such a different role in tis compared to the previous one in Sweet 18. The bad guy role makes him one to love n hate at the same time... the storyline is good, n the characters are protrayed v well... it makes u want to catch the next episode....the excellent OST(by Se7en) is a plus too!! good ending, a nice show overall...

Alone in Love - currently watched up to episode 9, it basically talks abt issues surrounding life after divorce... a more different type of series as compared to the usual romance kdramas or dramas tat have eyecatching hunks/hot guys or cute girls in it... it focuses more on character development, internal conflicts within the characters, n the show has some interesting conversation, dialogues, thoughts etc... not the serious drama as it has been protrayed to be though, there are many light hearted moments in tis drama as well...

Great Inheritance - at episode 13... First Thought: The kids in tis show r so adorable!! They make ur day! A funny n light hearted show with touching moments at times... Kim Jae Won has some excellent performances, although he doesnt exactly look like a gangster(he is supposed to b one in the show). Han Ji Min looks really sweet n the teacher role suits her well... I thought KJW and HJM makes a good pair... Definitely a good series to recommend...

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Aug 14th, '06, 00:55

My fav dramas for this year so far have been :
Goong ( Started off boring but got much better afterwards XD)
Which Star Are you From (LOVED IT! Made me fall for Kim Rae Won hehe :wub: )
Bad Family ( Hilarious!!! and soooo touching...loved it XD)
Tree of Heaven ( Was sooo dramatic but I liked it a lot T^T )
Hello My Teacher ( was sooo sweet and funny hehe )
hmmm... the new drama Over the Rainbow looks great so far :D

** lol

putera_iblis

favourite korean drama

Post by putera_iblis » Aug 14th, '06, 01:29

My favourite
Hotelier -love the couple, bae jon woo & song yeun a
Kindergarten love - good story
Full House - funny
Autumn Tale - sad
WInter Sonata - sad
Sad Sonata -sad
Lovers in Prague -sad but quite ok...
1% of anything - still downloading
Summer Scent - soo soo ..
Friends 2002 - still downloading
All In - in plan of downloading hehe

I hatre
19 years old sister in law - i hate the endind soo much, i even delete the entire series after watching it..

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » Aug 14th, '06, 02:53

I just finisthed Bad Family :thumright: . It's really ENJOYABLE!! funny and heart-warming.
It doesn't concentrate on romance that much but more on the relationships between "family" members. It can't escape from the 2 guys 2 girls formula though :)

7ehpenguin

Post by 7ehpenguin » Aug 16th, '06, 00:30

My Girl - is really goooood and so funny. the actors are great and the OST is pretty good too. WATCH THIS.

Goong - funny in the beginning ... but it drags in the middle...it drags a lot in a few episodes, but then its ok.

full house - its really funny, but the fights and everything are very repetitive. but this is a good drama overall and funny. you should watch this too, even though it sometimes drags

7ehpenguin

Post by 7ehpenguin » Aug 16th, '06, 00:31

what romantic comedies are good?

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » Aug 16th, '06, 02:54

Out of romantic comedies i've watched, My Girl is my favourite.
Other than that, I also enjoy Lovers in Paris and Sweet 18 and My Lovely Kim Sam Soon (which is mentioned many times in this thread alreay). You can give them a try.

ohlovelyy

Post by ohlovelyy » Aug 17th, '06, 12:18

I really recommend Bad Family. I absolutely fell in love with it.
It focuses more on a dysfunctional family rather than love triangle between 6 people (I'm exaggerating a bit). However it is not lacking.
The girl is absolutely adorable.
This drama is underrated. It deserves a whole lot more than it's getting now.

ju5tinca5e03

FULL HOUSE ALLT HE WAY.

Post by ju5tinca5e03 » Aug 19th, '06, 10:15

ALL TIME FAVORITE DRAMA:

FULL HOUSE - . I LOST COUNTLESS HOURS OF SLEEP STAYING UP ALL NITE WATCHING THIS DRAMA. YOU BECOME SO ATTACHED TO THE CHARACTERS. THE CHEMISTRY BETWEEN THE TWO LEAD ROLES IS FREAKIN' DOPE. YOU CAN FEEL THE EMOTION, AND YOU CAN'T HELP BUT WANT TO SEE THESE TWO TOGEHTER. OST ROCKS BUTT.

FULL HOUSE IS THE MOTHER-LOAD OF ALL K-DRAMAS!!!!!!

OTHER REALLY GOOD DRAMAS: (PERSONAL FAVS. OF MINE)

LOVERS IN PARIS - BEAUTIFUL. ADDICTIVE. VERY PITCUREQUSE! AWESOME CONCEPT. MY VERY FIRST K-DRAMA THAT I WATCHED. IT'S REALLY GOOD, GOOD STORYLINE. THERE'S A TWIST AT THE END THOUGH.

AUTUMN IN MY HEART/ENDLESS LOVE - SAD. I HEARD ABOUT THIS BEING THE INTRODUCTION OF K-DRAMAS TO THE ASIAN REGION, SOOO I HAD TO WATCH IT. THIS DRAMA PROVES WHY K-DRAMAS ARE ONE OF THE BEST, IF NOT THE BST, OUT THERE. THE STORYLINE, CONCEPT, AND TWISTS ARE VERY UNIQUE AND VERY, VERY, ORIGINAL. THIS IS WHAT MADE SONG HYE GYO AND WON BIN SO FREAKIN' FAMOUS! AND THE ACTING IS FREAKIN' AWESOME. ALL THE CHARACTERS CRY AT LEAST ONCE OR MORE IN EACH EPISODE. HAHA...BUT DUDE. SERIOUSLY. GREAT ACTING. OSCAR WORTHY PERFORMANCES.

FRIENDS - ALSO CONSIDERED A J-DRAMA. WON BIN & THAT JAPANESE GIRL. ONLY 4 EPISODES. BUT IT'S AWEEEEEESOME. LOVE IT. IT'S BEAUTIFUL STORY. IT'S A VERY UNIQUE STORY BETWEEN A JAPANESE GIRL AND KOREAN BOY THAT FALL IN LOVE AND HAVE TO FACE THE DIFFICULTIES IN DOING SO. MADE IN 2002. REALLLLY CUTE STORY. ONE OF MY PERSONAL FAVS!. THAT JAPANESE GIRL IS SOOO FREAKIN' CUTE, OH AND O'COURSE WON BIN. O'COURSE. KING OF ALL OPPAS!!! BWAHAHAHA.

SWEET 18: FUNNY, CUTE, ALSO ADDICTIVE. HAH. AFTER WATCHIN' LOVERS IN PARIS, HAD TO WATCH THIS. WASN'T DISAPPOINTED. LEE DONG GUN IS SOOOO HOOOOT. HE LOST WEIGHT HERE, COMPARE HIM TO "FRIENDS" DRAMA WITH WON BIN, WHERE HE WAS FAT...DAMN NOW IS HE SOME FIOOONE LAWYER IN THIS DRAMA! BWAHA. IT'S REALLLY CUTE.

OK DRAMAS.

PRINCESS HOURS/GOONG/PALACE: NICE CONCEPT OF MODERN KOREAN SOCIETY LIVING WITH A MONARCHY...YOU KNOW, QUEEN, PRINCE, PRINCESS, KING...LIKE HOW ENGLAND HAS PRINCE WILLIAM, BUT IN THIS CASE, A KOREAN PRINCE, BUT DUDE....STORY DRAGS IN THE MIDDLE. I FINISHED IT THOUGH. BUT I HAVE TO ADMIT...AWESOME OST! DOWNLOADED THE SONGS AND ERTHIN'! THE SONGS ARE CATTCHY!

CURRENTLY WATCHING:

MY NAME IS KIM SAM SOON.
SOOO FAR SOOO GOOOOD. FUNNY. HEELARIOUS. IT IS THE "BRIDGET JONES OF KOREA", btw, BRIDGET JONES DIARY IS AN AWESOME BRITISH FLICK. SO YA'LL GOTTA WATCH IT. IT'S OUTRAGEOUSLY WICKED!

JUST ORDERED DVD:

MY GIRL
- WAITING FOR THIS TO ARRIVE IN THE MAIL. I HEARD IT WAS GOOD! IT BETTER BE! SOMEONE GIMME INPUT! ALRITEY DEN!

Can anyone let me know about SANG-DOO, and WINTER SONATA, and STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN. ARE THESE ANY GOOD??? CUZ U KNOW. I GOTSTA FUEL THE KOREAN WAVE!!!

OPPPPPPPPPAAAA!!!!

blue_shoe

Post by blue_shoe » Aug 26th, '06, 20:38

GREAT
Green Rose - Couldn't wait till it was finished downloading and school end to go home and watch it. LeeDaHae was HOTTTT. Very suspenseful. Best Cliffhangers I've seen in all Kdramas. I agree there should have been more love scenes b/w the 2 main actors but still...First 6 eps were awesome if not the best first 6eps in Kdrama then it kinda fade but still awesome.
Winter Sonata - My first Kdrama, great GREAT GREAT!! many say its draggy, but i wish it never ends, great love story, great music. Reminds me of high school love stories...GREAT ENDING!
My Girl - O boy this is wat started my obsession with LeeDaHae. Very funny. Very loving story line. LeeDaHae was HOTTTT. Contains some of the most memorable scenes in Kdramas I've seen (THE KISS scene, if you know wat i mean was something to behold and repeated countless times).
Full House - My first romance comedy, also my first Kdrama after my 2-year Kdrama hiatus. SHG o man o man was my first love(later on replaced my LDH :D ). Addicting like a rehab on crack! Like many have said GREAT CHEMISTRY b/w Bi and SHG. Very funny, loving story although was a little weaker than My Girl, but GREAT.

GOOD
All In - This series have everything, Gangster, gambling, love, betrayal and awesomely combined into a very memorable series. I felt this series was kinda long draggy at the end, but nonetheless very addicting.
My Name is Kim Sam Soon - Man i realy wished the main actress was hotter, she was very unbearable to me early in the series but fortunately she grew onto me and this series turned from about-to-stop-watching into my addiction. Have memorable scenes.
Autumn Tale - Very sad story, can be draggy, but addicting, my first SHG-drama, loved her.

ALRIGHT
Goong - O man wat an overrated this series turn out to be. A recommendation from a friend, early on very boring and uninterested, but picked up as the series goes but never got to that level I expected such hyped up series should be. Hated ending, yehh.. you can say part 2 is coming out but still not un excuse for such unsatisfying ending.
Summer Scent - What a draggy series has its moments, great OST.
Alone In Love - Very slowwww series, sometime can be very boring, the only series I've ever used the fast forward button on....but the last 7 eps were good.

BAD
Stairway to Heaven - After watching Winter Sonata i was hooked on Choi Ji Woo, so for STH I expected alot, but very annoying series stop watching after ep 11. I find the music annoying.
What Star Are You From - Another recommendation from a friend, its very FULL HOUSE-esque just except that it fell way short. While Full House acting is very natural WSYF was very forceful, trying too hard to the point it became annoying, especially the main actress. Stopped after ep 9.
My Love patzzi - not very satisfying, not that funny, weak and cliche story line.

Currently watching - Spring Waltz (Will be a GREAT if it keeps it up).

wnndy

Post by wnndy » Aug 28th, '06, 17:35

I don't know wich drama to watch next

i've already watched:
Full House raiinn
Goong oee..Joo ji hoon
My girl
The sweet spy <3 HOT dennis o'neill
Bad Family
Delightfull girl Choon Hyang
My name is Kim Sam Soon
Save the last dance for me
Lovestory in Harvard
Taste sweet love
My love patzzi
Endless love/Autumn love story
Sweet 18

it's from good to not so good...
I like the romantic drama's with good endings and i'd like it if the actor is goodlooking, and the actress too

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Aug 28th, '06, 21:14

Which 2006 drama is a MUST WATCH from this list...

Bad Family
Great Inheritance
One Fine Day
Mr Goodbye
Goodbye Solo
Soulmates
Fireworks
Really Really Love You

Ok, I'm not too up to date to new/recent dramas...so I'm not really sure which 2006 drams are bad, ok, good, great and MUST WATCHES! I do not like 'idol' dramas..where they are popular only cos the drama stars young and pretty/handsome actors...I want proper good dramas.

(P.S. I've already seen My Girl, Goong, Heaven's Tree, Alone In Love, Which Star Are You From, Spring Waltz from 2006 so no need to recommend those!)

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » Aug 29th, '06, 01:31

Out of these i've only watched BAD FAMILY. I enjoyed it very much! I'd definitely recommend it!!
I can't compare if it is better than the rest as I have not seen them. But I know it's a different type of story from all the others in your list.

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Aug 29th, '06, 02:02

dokbupgi wrote:Out of these i've only watched BAD FAMILY. I enjoyed it very much! I'd definitely recommend it!!
I can't compare if it is better than the rest as I have not seen them. But I know it's a different type of story from all the others in your list.
Thanks so much!! I think this is first in my list too..I had a good feel about this one before I posted the question...but I still wanna know what else is good too!!

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » Aug 29th, '06, 07:28

hi fifimimi, i think bad family fits your likes coz it's not an idol drama but yet it's enjoyable/feel good one.
i'm currenly watching Smile Again but find it so so only. Quite a drag trying to finish it.
i'm thinking of getting Spring Waltz next coz i heard it's scenes from Austria, a country which i wanna visit soon. would you recommend it?

smiley6yrl

Post by smiley6yrl » Aug 29th, '06, 07:44

I would have to say GREAT INHERITANCE!!
fifimimi wrote:Which 2006 drama is a MUST WATCH from this list...

Bad Family
Great Inheritance
One Fine Day
Mr Goodbye
Goodbye Solo
Soulmates
Fireworks
Really Really Love You

Ok, I'm not too up to date to new/recent dramas...so I'm not really sure which 2006 drams are bad, ok, good, great and MUST WATCHES! I do not like 'idol' dramas..where they are popular only cos the drama stars young and pretty/handsome actors...I want proper good dramas.

(P.S. I've already seen My Girl, Goong, Heaven's Tree, Alone In Love, Which Star Are You From, Spring Waltz from 2006 so no need to recommend those!)

jani

Post by jani » Aug 29th, '06, 09:19

yea i don't think that i qualify as an expert on kdramas at all being that all the ones that i've seen are recommended in this forum but my personal favorites are:

*MY GIRL*
kdrama, romantic comedy, happy ending
the characters are so easy to fall in love with and the storyline isn't weak. i love the grandpa in here he's so cute and he's the same one from 1% of anything... but Lee Dong Wok is such a hottie!!!

*DEVIL BESIDE YOU*
twdrama, romantic comedy, happy ending
mike he. hot damn.
actually i liked all of the guys in here with the exception of the older creepy guy who couldn't forget here from when he was a grad student and she was in middle school. but great story, actors had awesome chemistry, lots of funny parts and the side characters kinda had stories of their own instead of just being there to take up space.

*IT STARTED WITH A KISS*
twdrama, yes...romantic comedy, happy ending
ariel lin and joe cheng have such great chemistry it makes watching so much more enjoyable...funny and heart touching and happy all in one!

*GOONG/PRINCESS HOURS*
kdrama, i dunno what genre to call it, happy ending
yes i agree that it kinda drags in the middle but it's all worth it and shin chaegyoung just gets prettier and prettier with every scene...damn her...the 2 main guys are not bad to look at either. there's going to be a part II though...

and last but definitely not least

*FULL HOUSE*
kdrama, romantic comedy, happy ending
this was the first kdrama that i watched EVER and i still love it. A definite must-see! Song Hye Gyo and Rain-great combination!

can you tell i like romantic comedies and happy endings the most? :wub:

jani

Post by jani » Aug 30th, '06, 01:19

here's a retarded question: which drama is MISA?

lifa

Post by lifa » Aug 30th, '06, 03:22

MISA is I'm Sorry, I love You Must be the short form of the Korean name. I'm watching it right now! I've only seen part of the 1st episode but it seems very good.

The only K-drama I can recommend is Full House because it was cute and satisfying, if a little draggy at times. I saw Stairway to Heaven (I won the DVD's!) as well but it's not really my cup of tea. A bit too dramatic and they cried too much (every character...). I'll have to admit I did get into it at times though (ie. hating the biatches).

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Aug 30th, '06, 06:26

dokbupgi wrote:hi fifimimi, i think bad family fits your likes coz it's not an idol drama but yet it's enjoyable/feel good one.
i'm currenly watching Smile Again but find it so so only. Quite a drag trying to finish it.
i'm thinking of getting Spring Waltz next coz i heard it's scenes from Austria, a country which i wanna visit soon. would you recommend it?
I really appreciate your replies dokbupgi. As for Spring Waltz, it was quite good but its best if you like the autumn, winter and summer dramas/styles as well. I liked them so I thought Spring was ok but I think the acting is not as good the previous'. The scenaries are great and music too!! Overall, I think its worth watching...but the best 2006 drama I've seen so far is Heaven's Tree, the acting and music are superb though it is a bit slow even being only 11 episodes!

tresarai

Re: RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KOREAN DRAMAS

Post by tresarai » Sep 1st, '06, 23:37

jaycee05 wrote:Recommend your favorite Korean Dramas and/or look for recommended Kdramas here.
Future threads requesting recommendations will be merged.
Thanks.

All Genres' Recommendations
Jdrama Recommendations
Cdrama Recommendations

--added by puccakiss79

MUST WATCH
Dae Jang Geum - This is the best thing I've seen on my computer screen! It leaves me utterly speechless. Do not let the 54 episodes scare you. In fact, you'll wish it will never end. Don't EVER miss it!
All About Eve - Forget all the villains you've seen in a kdrama(oh man, now I realized how mild those characters have been), because in this series you'll meet the ultimate villain of all. Imagine all the unspeakable and wicked deeds a kdrama-woman could possibly do--aside from the customary "eyeball-exercise". And so I wonder why an antagonist could get more camera time than the leading lady. I realized then that this drama goes beyond the world of your usual lovebirds. Though, of course, I love this drama to death for those simple but precious moments between "Sonbae-nim" and Sun-mi. But amidst all the goodness and the tenderness of the relationship between Sun-mi and Hyung-chul comes a different love, so ugly, ambitious, scary and sometimes, pitiful--Young-mi's love for an abstract thing or is it really for WJ?
This drama is on my top 3 list for sure.
The best cast...the best ending...slow beggining, but get passed episode 1, and you'll be alright. Also prepare some kinda pillow to punch with for those numerous Young-mi moments.
Sorry, I Love You - I would have to say MiSa is a very emotional drama. You can't be human if you're not affected of at least one scene in it. Aside from the hurried final episode, this is an excellent drama with Moo Hyuk who's starved for a mother's love, and soft-hearted Eun Chae who will fill this hole for him. After watching this, you won't be able to deny that So Ji Sub is one of the best korean actors out there.
Full House - my favorite romantic comedy :wub:
Damo --I am seldom amazed of Asian action films with the overdramatic flying at unbelievable heights and quickly judged Damo as one of those films. I even came to the point of comparing Damo to DJG, when they have nothing in common except that they are both period dramas. There is nothing special with the plot as it is very usual with a little touch of Robin Hood or other medieval hollywood movies. Even the love twist reminds me of a certain jdrama (AMFS) and many other kdrama titles. But Damo has this unique effect on its viewers for those aforementioned similarities. The action scenes will get you going because of the well done video editing and the kick-ass soundtrack. The ending might leave you with red-eyes and a dry throat, but still, you tell yourself, "that's what you call an ending!" and...and..."Ha Ji Won is a friggin' first-rate actress, you have my utmost respect!"
Let's go to school, Sang-doo - at first, I couldnt stand GHJ and watched it just bcoz of Bi, but little by little, she grew on me...and I love LDG's character in here, bcoz he's not the typical pathetic and clingy "soon-to-be-dumped" fiance...I would even be glad if he and sang-doo end up together :mrgreen: ...
Sweet 18 - hahaha :lol ; HJH and LDG pairing would be the top 4 on my best couple list.
Lovers in Paris - very funny and sweet- rich guy- poor girl story, a must see, even my mom fell for park shin yang's charm
What Happened in Bali - The most peculiar drama Ive seen. The atmosphere is kinda shady and the speed is moderate. The actors aren't your everyday honorable characters. I still cant pinpoint what this drama has, but it surely is addicting! Make sure to watch it all the way to the end :mrgreen:
My Name is Kim Sam Soon - "Sam soon's" name will probably be a "Jang-geum", like a "signature name" or a "Full House" in a sense that it will always come up when recommending dramas. It's probably that good, but still not the best romantic comedy I've seen. There's a lot of loose ends in the plot; I've been totally crazy about this drama for the 1st 6 episodes, and maybe 5 percent less on the next few episodes. But man oh man, Sam-soon is just the funniest woman I've ever laid eyes on in a kdrama. And Mi-joo is just soooo kyoot! :P
Save The last Dance For Me - Well, they did dance once, but no...it's not the dirty-dancing-or-shall-we-dance-kinda-movie. Lots of sugary moments that'll make you go, "awwww" or "yuck" if you are loveless at the moment. It has the typical korean drama scenarios, but I was surprise that they used them effectively. The chemistry between Ji Sung and Eugene is undeniably great.

OK DRAMA
Oh Pil-seung, Bong Soon Young - Everybody likes Pil-seung, *cough* *cough* corny :lol ...It's a story about a regular man (sooo down-to-earth) that people can't help but like him. The tandem and the atmosphere reminds me of a jdrama (except for the obvious 16 episodes.) The narration in the beginning and the short anecdotes at the end kept the story more interesting to watch. What more, I think, you'll end up liking not just Pil-seung but the whole cast of this drama. What I find weird though is that I find one scene of PS and Ms. Noh more touching than any scenes of SY and PS. Still, good drama.
Fashion 70s - First few episodes is a bit slow and boring, but hold onto it, coz it'll bring you tears and more tears later on. This drama would have been great if the main couple had a different casting. Joo Jin Mo and Doemi didnt look good together. Their scenes turn out cheesy. On the other hand, Jang Bin and Kang Hee were excellent on their roles. I was a bit disappointed with the fashion sub plot though.They could have made it better.
All IN - not straight-out romance...life of a gambler who wants to get out of the gambling scene when he met this girl...
Loving You- from jem's site, an OK drama, doesn't drag, very fun to watch...you'll meet the queen of the evil b*tches
Beautiful Days-jem's site, very good...this isn't just a love story, but it center on the lives of 4 individuals...
My Love Patzzi- it's a teen drama, but i think everybody will enjoy it, another love triangle, but very funny ending... you'll laugh, cry, get angry, over-all it's a feel-good drama
Bright Girl's Story-jem's site...watch half of the episodes, then stop if u notice Jang Hyuk's acting had changed...hehe, no jk, finish it, it's ok, the silliness of the ending will make u laugh, but it wont destroy the whole drama altogether
1% of anything - They could have made this drama better. Sometimes, it goes on and on with the conversations and it gets boring pretty fast. Still, Kang Dong Won and Kim Jung Hwa gave excellent performances.

DRAMAS THAT STARTED OFF GOOD BUT WENT BAD HALFWAY THROUGH
Attic Cat - I watched the 1st half, but I cant stand the girl, so still haven't finish watching the drama...most people liked it..
Wonderful Life - Sometimes I liked it, sometimes I hated it. It made me laugh really hard on the first few episodes, but I also got tired of Eugene and KJW's fights really fast. If this was my first kdrama and if I liked Shin-bi a teeny bit more, then this drama would have been more memorable. Sadly, Sang-doo and Bori weigh heavier in my heart.
Delightful Girl Choon-hyang - Watch this drama for the humor and Jae Hee. His expressions are priceless :lol This drama shouldn't have been named after Choon-hyang coz Mong-ryong has shadowed her character a lot of times. She's ok, but for me, she's not as memorable as SHG from FH. Mong-ryong is a decent competitor against Bi. I don't really like Choon-hyang though except for her favorite line: "shingyang kusho :lol "
Taste Sweet Love (Snow White) - Finally, I was able to finish this drama (technically, coz I've skipped a huge chunk of ep16). That's no surprise, it's a kdrama after all, meaning, the last 4 episodes will painfully drag. The approach in humor is unique, and it makes fun of plastic surgery in Korea. And I liked the first few episodes to the point that I was addicted. Unfortunately, I was greatly disappointed at ep10 onwards. There is no chemistry between the main characters whatsoever. The excitement was lost, and instead I felt annoyed with KJH and LW. I don't know what the writer is thinking on how he keeps making up some uncalled conflicts. Argh :glare: .
The fun part was Jin woo and his business with horse-face Hee-won. When they took Hee-won out of the picture, the whole drama went skidding downward--really fast.
Stairway to heaven - I was a bit disappointed with the last 8 episodes. If it's your first kdrama...you'll appreciate it more. If you're a big fan of CJW, then get ready to hate her :|

SLOW-PACED DRAMAS
Winter Sonata- i love this show, the plot will drag a lot of times, so don't watch it straight, maybe one episode a day or so...
Phoenix - sort of like Winter Sonata, i think it's the "girl torn between two lovers" intensified :crazy:
Autumn Tale- like winter sonata, it's very well done in the beginning when the characters are young, but when they grew up, they messed up the whole story...beware...the pacing is a bit better than Winter Sonata though.
Love Letter-cant say much, read the review on the review section...didn't finish it, it lost its momentum halfway. What I don't get is Yesasia's description being the "greatest love story ever" wth :unsure: ?
A Love To Kill
- The first 10 episodes had potential even if they were a bit slow-paced. They built up and redefined the drama's own title. Unfortunately, the destination is blurry and all messed up. The last 6 episodes are so crappy that they had the power to bring down the drama altogether.

KEEP AWAY FROM
Summer Scent- worst kdrama I'd ever watched, the plot is so stupid along the heartbeat!
Prince's 1st love - pure torture!

Currently Watching (in order of interest)
1) My Girl(Ep03) - It's time for Korean dramas to shine again! :mrgreen: This show is hilarious.
2) Lovers In Prague(Ep12) - Believe me when I say, this show is worth your while. The first two episodes are a bit slow, and the kiddies might even think that the lead actor isn't young and hot and so they brush off this show ...well too bad, coz they are missing out! The tandem and dialogues between the two main characters make up the charm of this drama.
3) Resurrection(Ep07) - The resurrection part is very interesting but the love story part is kinda weak. It doesnt make a difference if I skip those parts with UJW and his love interest.
4) Sister-in-Law is 19 (Ep08)- The endings of each episode is hanging and makes me wanna see the next episode really bad. Unfortunately, the huge chunk in the middle is very boring and the funny parts are seldom.
5) Dating Now(Ep06) - This drama is losing its magic.

On the verge of losing interest
6)Spring days:(Ep07)--It's getting painfully draggy.
7)Green Rose - I forgot now what episode I am...
8. Wedding(9/18] - Im getting annoyed with Jang Nara, all she does is cry cry cry...argh...and Im starting to hate RYW's character as well.
9)Sad Sonata(Ep03) -Drags way too much and cliched to the max!
10)Loveholic(Ep05) - Kang-ta's head looks weird and has no chemistry with the main girl. The evil girl is too annoying with her extremely HUGE mouth. The boy with spectacles who likes the big-mouth girl is a psychotic nerd. The fiance is again the clingy type. I also find the tragic plot kinda stupid and exasperating. The only saving grace is the leading lady.
you are insane!!! hahah..that's a lot of dramas to have watched! goodness.. are you korean by any chance?

tresarai

Post by tresarai » Sep 1st, '06, 23:42

King and the Clown... Fantastic performance by all actors and mostly Lee Jun Ki. He has the face and the talent. I kowtow to him.

gougz

Post by gougz » Sep 1st, '06, 23:46

fifimimi wrote:Which 2006 drama is a MUST WATCH from this list...

Bad Family
Great Inheritance
One Fine Day
Mr Goodbye
Goodbye Solo
Soulmates
Fireworks
Really Really Love You
without hesitation >> THE GREAT INHERITANCE :cheers:

luvelyasian

Post by luvelyasian » Sep 3rd, '06, 06:56

^ i also would like to know which is the best 2006 drama to watch

i'm especially curious if Really really like you and Mr. Goodbye is worth watching :thumright:

jani

Post by jani » Sep 3rd, '06, 09:27

does anyone know who that actor is in jaycee05's avatar? [the person with the very first post in this discussion] i'm dying to know.....