10%
Only if you have time (2)
6%
STAY AWAY (1)
3%

Total votes: 106

suparstarx

Post by suparstarx » Mar 11th, '06, 21:51

Kathleen wrote:Good question. I was actually wondering the same. Thought it was just me.
It can't be bones, right? Unless Yuki killed some others besides of those we've seen. Gotta rewatch the episode when Yuki first planted the cactus. Maybe they said something in that episode? Now if I'd only remember which episode that was. Heh...
Anyways, I think the old lady was referring to the framed paper sun at Yuki's wall, wasn't she?
If you listen closely the foster-mother taps the object with the scoop. It sounds more like an urn or jar or something.

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Mar 11th, '06, 21:59

suparstarx wrote:
If you listen closely the foster-mother taps the object with the scoop. It sounds more like an urn or jar or something.
True.
Maybe it's a framed picture of Shinosuka? It should produce about the same sound, plus it would be a proof of her obsession therefore her being sick. No explanation about the murder or her biological mother but still... Maybe the old lady only assumed Yuki was the killer after she saw something really terrible that shows she's not the kind girl she pretends to be.
Or maybe it's something they kept from the time when Ryouji did... something... to Eriko. (I still don't really get what exactly he did.) But it'd be kind of silly to burry it in the garden instead of throwing it away. Hm...
As for the identification thing: I think one works with the other. It's because of what they experienced in their childhood that their love turned into some kind of obsession.
I understand the whole thing about making up for a mistake in the past and everything, but aside from that I also see how things like little Ryouji constantly seeing his family cheating on each other made him the person he is. I have a lot of friends that went through similar experiences or worse (except of the murder) and even now that they are grown up you still see the traces of their childhood in the way they think and act. It must be a hundret times more intense in the case of someone who has been sexually abused, therefore I kind of understood them up to the point of lying and running away and maybe even killing their parents . But sadly enough it's like Sasagaki said in the first episode: If you tell only one lie you will have to lie again and again. Things simply got totally out of control. I wonder if the first scene of the drama will be the final one as well. Hope Yuki will come to her senses after all. :-)
Oh well, it will be another 5 days until we see more.

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Mar 11th, '06, 23:41

I'm assuming that what Yukiho's adopted mother tapped was Watabe Atsuro's character's skull.

You have to recall that Yukiho got the sleeping pills earlier to drug her mother. While she was asleep, Ryoji and Yukiho brought the body to the yard and buried it there.

It was a shame that Yukiho's adopted mother told Yukiho to go to the police. I suspect that if she had told Yukiho that she would keep the secret no matter what, and that Yukiho shouldn't go to the police, she might have lived. Of course with Ryoji showing up at the last moment, her fate was sealed.

This brutal story is finally approaching its close. I'm glad but I sort of wish it would continue.

On a different note, I'm really glad that for once you actually get to see a Japanese person who knows his religion. Sasagaki is constantly quoting lines from Shinran's Tannisho of the True Pure Land Buddhist sect.

hchan

Post by hchan » Mar 12th, '06, 05:07

True.
Maybe it's a framed picture of Shinosuka? It should produce about the same sound, plus it would be a proof of her obsession therefore her being sick. No explanation about the murder or her biological mother but still... Maybe the old lady only assumed Yuki was the killer after she saw something really terrible that shows she's not the kind girl she pretends to be.
Or maybe it's something they kept from the time when Ryouji did... something... to Eriko. (I still don't really get what exactly he did.) But it'd be kind of silly to burry it in the garden instead of throwing it away. Hm...
It is Matsuura's body. In the original novel, after Yukiho's mother died, Sasagaki searched her home and found Matsuura's body and decided to arrest Yukiho.

shirahime

Post by shirahime » Mar 12th, '06, 07:57

Prince of Moles wrote:
I'm assuming that what Yukiho's adopted mother tapped was Watabe Atsuro's character's skull.

You have to recall that Yukiho got the sleeping pills earlier to drug her mother. While she was asleep, Ryoji and Yukiho brought the body to the yard and buried it there.

It was a shame that Yukiho's adopted mother told Yukiho to go to the police. I suspect that if she had told Yukiho that she would keep the secret no matter what, and that Yukiho shouldn't go to the police, she might have lived. Of course with Ryoji showing up at the last moment, her fate was sealed.

This brutal story is finally approaching its close. I'm glad but I sort of wish it would continue.

On a different note, I'm really glad that for once you actually get to see a Japanese person who knows his religion. Sasagaki is constantly quoting lines from Shinran's Tannisho of the True Pure Land Buddhist sect.
Oh! well I thought that they just let both bodies lying in that appartment where they were killed. But then it was strange that the police still looking for that Watabe Atsuro. I thought the sleeping pills were for druging Watabe Atsuro and kill him but Ryoji did it before Yukiho came there.

aya_ayase

Post by aya_ayase » Mar 12th, '06, 15:02

Kathleen wrote:
If the old lady dies then I agree, they ARE evil. Only to think of harming her is cruel enough. So they had a terribly sad childhood, there's a limit of actions to cope with your past. (Touching scene when Sasagaki tells Shinosuka about it, though.)
I thought in the preview next week, it showed the old lady's funeral???

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Mar 12th, '06, 16:10

Yup Yukiho's adopted mother is dead.
As Sasagaki says, anyone who discovers the truth of their relationship dies.

vtx

Post by vtx » Mar 12th, '06, 16:46

A bit too adult themed this episode :P
Something puzzled me this episode tho.
Ryo bought the suphuric acid from a peddler, then asked Noriko to get for him the real sample? Noriko probably suspected something when she found that the bottle has disappeared next morning. She's kinda sad... she wants to believe in someone... yet Ryo isn't serious with her... wonder how she would take it.
As for the thing in the garden,
My guess is it's probably matsura's body or something. Otherwise, yukiho's mother won't link her back to killing her mother in her past.

jho
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jho » Mar 12th, '06, 22:20

Hey guys - My friend & I are interested in soft subbing this drama.. We know that SARS is hardsubbing this, but we're gonna start from scratch anyway & see how it goes~

Buuuut... We need help XD So far we only have 2 translators, 1 timer, and 1 editor. It'd be great if we could have at least 3 people for each position in order to make this project possible.

Is anyone interested in helping out? ^____^ It'd be sooo greatly appreciated~~

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Mar 13th, '06, 11:58

jho: Good luck! I really hope you'll find enough people who are willing to help. That'd be so great, really!

Also I've wondered if there's a psychology major who can answer my question: Is Yukiho a borderliner? I mean, she does those really evil things but at the same time she's suffering from it.
The scene when she is running through the night, crying apologizing to Ryouji over and over again right after she told him he must be really dumb to be fooled like that is probably the most significant one.
Also that strange characteristic of hers was already shown in the first episode when she made little Ryouji stand on the street while a truck was coming. It seems like she's constantly testing out her power and his love for her which makes her both happy and sad at the same time.
I don't know much about borderliners but from what I learned they usually become like that after a tragic childhood experience that made them lack of self-esteem which fits pretty well to Yukiho's story, doesn't it?
Last edited by Kathleen on Mar 13th, '06, 14:15, edited 1 time in total.

hchan

Post by hchan » Mar 13th, '06, 12:55

[quote="vtx"]A bit too adult themed this episode :P
Ryo bought the suphuric acid from a peddler, then asked Noriko to get for him the real sample? Noriko probably suspected something when she found that the bottle has disappeared next morning. She's kinda sad... she wants to believe in someone... yet Ryo isn't serious with her... wonder how she would take it.
Potassium Cyanide is not lethal, when it is mixed with acid, then it comes cyanide gas which is lethal. Ryo is not sure if he could drug Sasagaki this time using the sample he got from Noriko because there is a strong smell associated with it so he mixed it with sulphuric acid to guarantee that it will be too late for Sasagaki even if he feels something wrong.

Hayashi_kun

Post by Hayashi_kun » Mar 13th, '06, 13:08

Prince of Moles wrote: On a different note, I'm really glad that for once you actually get to see a Japanese person who knows his religion. Sasagaki is constantly quoting lines from Shinran's Tannisho of the True Pure Land Buddhist sect.
Really? I have not started this series yet, but I'm studying Japanese religion at the moment, that's why my eyes lit up when you mentioned Shinran and Pure Land.
Can you tell me which eps do the quotes appear? Thank you.

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Mar 13th, '06, 15:40

Actually they're in every single episode. Here are the selections.

Ep1
「悪をおそるるなかれ。弥陀の本願さまたげるほどの悪なきゆえに」
『歎異抄』第一章

Ep2
「わがこころのよくて人殺さずにあらず。人害せじとおもうとも、百人千人殺すことあるべし」
『歎異抄』第十三章

Ep3
「この親鸞は父母供養のため、一返にても念仏そうらわず」
『歎異抄』第五章

Ep4
「いづれの行もおよびがたき身なれば、地獄は一定すみかぞかし」
『歎異抄』第二章

Ep5
「念仏申せば八十億劫の罪滅す」
『歎異抄』第十四章

Ep6
「苦悩のふるさと捨てがたく、安らぎの浄土は恋しからず候」
『歎異抄』第九章

Ep7
「念仏は浄土にうまれる種あり。地獄におつべき業や、惣じて存知せざるなり」
『歎異抄』第二章

Ep8
「弥陀の本願、悪人成仏のためなれば」
『歎異抄』第三章

The details can be found here (though I think some of the translations are way too wordy)
http://byakuyakou.web.fc2.com/sasagaki_ ... sasagaki01

Hayashi_kun

Post by Hayashi_kun » Mar 13th, '06, 16:19

This subject has never been easy for me,
at least now that it appears in dramas makes it more interesting for me.
shall try to impress my tutor next lesson.
Thanks!

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Mar 13th, '06, 16:36

anyone know if we (oversea folks) can vote in the drama academy awards?
http://byakuyakou.web.fc2.com/sp2006030 ... ademy.html

mooshufluff

Post by mooshufluff » Mar 14th, '06, 23:30

i'm not sure if someone has already pointed this out, but i'm too lazy to read through all the posts. anyways, this is kind of random, but...

really...what kind of 11-year-old boy would even think about killing his own father for a girl? whatever happened to good old-fashioned puppy-love? :sweat:

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Mar 14th, '06, 23:52

mooshufluff wrote:i'm not sure if someone has already pointed this out, but i'm too lazy to read through all the posts. anyways, this is kind of random, but...

really...what kind of 11-year-old boy would even think about killing his own father for a girl? whatever happened to good old-fashioned puppy-love? :sweat:
The Oedipal kind? ;)

vtx

Post by vtx » Mar 15th, '06, 12:34

hchan wrote:
Potassium Cyanide is not lethal, when it is mixed with acid, then it comes cyanide gas which is lethal. Ryo is not sure if he could drug Sasagaki this time using the sample he got from Noriko because there is a strong smell associated with it so he mixed it with sulphuric acid to guarantee that it will be too late for Sasagaki even if he feels something wrong.
icic, thanks for the explanation, im bad in chemistry :P
auroragb wrote: anyone know if we (oversea folks) can vote in the drama academy awards?
http://byakuyakou.web.fc2.com/sp2006030 ... ademy.html
http://www.alived.com/ai/academy.html

Hmm, wish we could. Last year was 世界の中心で、愛をさけぶ (sekai no chuushin de, ai wo sakebu) winning quite a number of awards, will it be deja vu for byakuyakou this year?

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Mar 15th, '06, 16:04

mooshufluff wrote: really...what kind of 11-year-old boy would even think about killing his own father for a girl? whatever happened to good old-fashioned puppy-love?
Well Ryou doesn't know about those things as he never experienced a happy family life. His mother was always cheating on his father and his father was freaking out about stupid little things that Ryou didn't even understand (just like when he forbid Ryou to meet Yukiho again even though she never did anything bad). With such a family it's no wonder a "strange" girl that he can really relate to means more to him than his cold, perverted father. Besides, he never even planned to kill him. It's BECAUSE he's only 11 years old that he killed his father.
You also see he never even cried for him. The only reason he cried is he knew he did something really awful, and that they will probably punish him for what he did. But it's not like he missed his father or anything for there wasn't anything good about him.

shirahime

Post by shirahime » Mar 18th, '06, 13:42

Aaaaah why did he return to that apartment, if he didn't then the old man would be killed by the toxic gas. I hope Ryoji can kill that old man, he's getting on my nerves

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Mar 18th, '06, 17:51

shirahime wrote:
Aaaaah why did he return to that apartment, if he didn't then the old man would be killed by the toxic gas. I hope Ryoji can kill that old man, he's getting on my nerves
I hate to disappoint you but watching the very first scene of the drama we learn that Sasagaki will be there until the very end. :mrgreen:
I couldn't stand him at first but he starts to grow on me. Probably because you see only now he also sympathizes with Ryouji and Yukiho.

hchan

Post by hchan » Mar 19th, '06, 09:20

shirahime wrote:
After reading the notes Sasagaki wrote, Ryou cried because he is glad somebody in this world knows very well of Ryou's existence. At the same time he blames Sasagaki of his mom's suicide therefore he thinks Sasagaki should deserve a bloody death instead of getting killed by toxic gas.

Ryou's attempt to kill Sasagaki at his apartment failed and he became a wanted man...

martina_SMO

Post by martina_SMO » Mar 21st, '06, 01:49

hchan wrote:
After reading the notes Sasagaki wrote, Ryou cried because he is glad somebody in this world knows very well of Ryou's existence. At the same time he blames Sasagaki of his mom's suicide therefore he thinks Sasagaki should deserve a bloody death instead of getting killed by toxic gas.
Thank you! Now it's much more clear :salut:

Hirococo

Post by Hirococo » Mar 23rd, '06, 15:53

I'm content with the ending. =]

I used to dislike Sasagaki like everyone else (since we're supposed to), but then after watching this episode, I think many viewers like myself can really grow to like him afterall. Sasagaki is almost like a close family member that Ryouji never had. Ryouji and Yukiho may have been each other's sun, but then Sasagaki is definitely the major sun that has watched over the both of them through the years.

Gonna buy the DVDs on June 23rd~ Too bad the series will cost close to 25000 yen though...T_T

aya_ayase

Post by aya_ayase » Mar 24th, '06, 17:25

Hirococo wrote:I'm content with the ending. =]

I used to dislike Sasagaki like everyone else (since we're supposed to), but then after watching this episode, I think many viewers like myself can really grow to like him afterall. Sasagaki is almost like a close family member that Ryouji never had. Ryouji and Yukiho may have been each other's sun, but then Sasagaki is definitely the major sun that has watched over the both of them through the years.
I agree too! I was cheering for Ryouji to kill Sasagaki the previous episode... But this episode totally change my opinions towards him. The last episode was so sad and I was crying throughout the series....

By the way, anyone can translate the "Kage" lyrics?
I thought the song matched the drama perfectly....!

TG3

Post by TG3 » Mar 24th, '06, 19:29

Sasagaki and the librarian were kind of the parents Ryou and Yukiho never had. If there were any real villians in the series, it was the parents.

Yukster

Post by Yukster » Mar 30th, '06, 08:28

Kathleen wrote:jho: Good luck! I really hope you'll find enough people who are willing to help. That'd be so great, really!

Also I've wondered if there's a psychology major who can answer my question: Is Yukiho a borderliner? I mean, she does those really evil things but at the same time she's suffering from it.
The scene when she is running through the night, crying apologizing to Ryouji over and over again right after she told him he must be really dumb to be fooled like that is probably the most significant one.
Also that strange characteristic of hers was already shown in the first episode when she made little Ryouji stand on the street while a truck was coming. It seems like she's constantly testing out her power and his love for her which makes her both happy and sad at the same time.
I don't know much about borderliners but from what I learned they usually become like that after a tragic childhood experience that made them lack of self-esteem which fits pretty well to Yukiho's story, doesn't it?
I'm a psych major, so I guess I could speculate. Borderline personality disorder is not really used in a clinical setting anymore. Yukiho does meet the DSM-IV-TR diagnostic criterias for borderline personality disorder, through her behavior, but for it to be a personality disorder, the reason for her behavior has to be repressed, via the subconscious. It can be seen through out the series is that she is in control of her behavior, and she realizes what she is doing, and she is doing it for a purpose (to protect Ryouji, to be his sunshine). Therefore, we, the viewers know that she is not borderline. From the outside observer, she would appear to be almost normal. To her close relations, such as her boyfriend, or Shinozuka, would see some disturbing behavior, but would not call it borderline.

Yukiho and Ryouji suffer from a massive trauma and abuse suffered from when they were young children. Through the guilt and trama that they suffered, they developed soicopathic and psychopathic behavior. So if they were to have any psychological disorder, it would be sociopathy and psychopathy. Towards the end they did not follow society's rules of right or wrong, and did not follow society's moral values. The fact that they did this willingly show that they were true psychopaths and sociopaths. They exhibited very little empathy and knowingly inflicted harm on other people and show no remorse for it.

For psych majors, this series shows the development of a sociopath and psychopaths from early childhood trauma. You see how this develops, and how it grows out of control. Think of their internal reasons, their motives, and how it slowly starts to deviate from societal norms. It would make a very good case study.

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Apr 1st, '06, 17:09

Oh, I didn't think about this show from a psychology perspective. I totally agree with you that this show does a very good job of depicting the creation of 2 sociopaths.

But I would like to say that what saves this show is that these two do genuinely care for each other. If we watched a show about a lone sociopath, then I think people would not be as interested in the show. (Or turned off by it. I know that in general, I don't really care to see a story about a lone psycho who's out to get revenge.)

So one question I have is, what do we call the thing between Yukiho and Ryoji? Is it really love? Can you call it love when you are willing to hurt other people and yourself to protect someone?

kapneemo

Post by kapneemo » May 4th, '06, 04:40

The nomination process for Japan's Drama Academy Awards must be as convoluted as the Oscars. Why was Ayase Haruka nominated (and won) for Best Supporting Actress instead of Best Actress? From what I've seen of the first few episodes of the drama, her character is as important as the male lead don't you think?

Also does anybody know whether there's a cap of the Awards show?

vtx

Post by vtx » May 13th, '06, 07:03

kapneemo wrote:The nomination process for Japan's Drama Academy Awards must be as convoluted as the Oscars. Why was Ayase Haruka nominated (and won) for Best Supporting Actress instead of Best Actress? From what I've seen of the first few episodes of the drama, her character is as important as the male lead don't you think?

Yea it's a pity, she did pretty well in the show. But on a brighter side, byakuyakou won 4 awards... one of them includes best drama! Hurray!

http://www.television.co.jp/drama/drama ... pyo48.html

auroragb

Post by auroragb » May 17th, '06, 20:39

vtx wrote:
kapneemo wrote:The nomination process for Japan's Drama Academy Awards must be as convoluted as the Oscars. Why was Ayase Haruka nominated (and won) for Best Supporting Actress instead of Best Actress? From what I've seen of the first few episodes of the drama, her character is as important as the male lead don't you think?

Yea it's a pity, she did pretty well in the show. But on a brighter side, byakuyakou won 4 awards... one of them includes best drama! Hurray!

http://www.television.co.jp/drama/drama ... pyo48.html
There's definitely alot of politics. Basically, they put her as supporting because she has the best chance in that category

auroragb

Post by auroragb » May 19th, '06, 00:04

interview of Fukuda Mayuko (the young Yukiho)

rmvb - c-subbed
translated by: 柯比 from bbs.mymayuko.com
encoded by: colors
posted by eighteen to tvbt where I found it :)
Attachments

[The extension torrent has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Duet

Post by Duet » Jun 4th, '06, 08:36

I basically love this drama more than any other drama.

I watched it after i finished SekaiChu so it was like A DOUBLE WHAMMY OF YAMADA TAKAYUKI

which makes my life awesome.

I LOVE IT

kyou_enna

Post by kyou_enna » Jul 12th, '06, 20:03

I've only watched 3 episodes of this, sadly, but it's enough for me to say that the acting here's better than all the other dramas I watched. After watching the first episode, I knew it was going to be good. Those kids sure know how to act. >.> their crying at one point even made me want to cry. The rest of the cast is doing a good job as well, I think. The plot has thus far captivated me.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't this drama get awards for something?

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jul 12th, '06, 21:35

yep, as the top post this page noted, 4 awards, including best drama

Words of Farewell

Post by Words of Farewell » Jul 13th, '06, 17:35

I love the first 3 eps and I can't wait for the next to be released, but I wonder how the plot will be stretched to 11 eps in total (I think at least it has 11 eps). So I guess it'll be very interesting, moreover it's very different from most other J Dramas I've seen (alltough I've not seen to many yet) the story is very unique as far as I can judge it.

tenuki

Post by tenuki » Aug 2nd, '06, 02:40

It's ridiculous how good this show is.

Speaker

Post by Speaker » Sep 11th, '06, 23:49

This is the Best JDrama of All Time.

enuyasha

Post by enuyasha » Feb 25th, '07, 07:02

Thanks to Sars-Fansubs for all their hard work for subbing this drama.

I'm probably going to be the miniority and say that I didn't like this drama overall.
I would say watch it if you have time to waste.

I finished watching it so I don't want to give anything away.

I thought the story went downhill after Yukiho got married...the writers knew they had to keep Yuki and Ryo connected somehow so they made Yuki get divorced.
How the hell did Yuki's step-mother die? She only fainted after she saw something buried in her garden. I just couldn't buy it when Ryo killed her by injecting something into her IV and disconnecting her IV...and the hospital thought it was their fault? You can die from fainting?
I couldn't believe that the writers made Ryo keep the scissors from 1991-2005, 14 yrs!

On the last episode where Ryo is dying in front of Yuki and NOBODY yells or screams that a person is bleeding with a pair of scissor sticking out of his stomach?

They all just hovered around, pointed, and stared at him LOL
I'm surprised all those people didn't just walk past him as if he just tripped and fell.

As a mystery, crime drama, it sucks. :cussing:

Kuwa-Jiji

Post by Kuwa-Jiji » Feb 25th, '07, 08:02

I watched the first couple of eps of this and stopped watching because I wanted to wait until all the eps were done, and now they finally are. Can't wait to sit down and watch them all. Thanks for all your hard work, SARS. The only thing that sucks is that enuyasha spoiled the part of her getting married. YOu should have put that under your hidden tab too. :/ But, it's partly my fault for reading a discussion for a series I haen't finished watching. ^^'

bleakreserve

Post by bleakreserve » Feb 25th, '07, 08:04

This drama is awesome overall, some of the scenes were slow and the plot was kinda ridiculous after lets say the first train departing scene and as crimes builds upon each other. Somehow, despite all the stuff they did, I kept feeling sorry for them. Maybe watching sekaichuu first could have had something to do with it. I don't know. I like the chemistry these two have together though and this is a very dark romance but it's kinda like romeo and juliet in its absurdity. I agree with enuyasha, the first scene where theres a bloody body on the ground and no one said anything is pretty lame. Altogether, i like how the writer took love and twisted it to the extreme in this direction, didn't pull any punches with the crimes they commited, no turning back :) and at the end, sense a really strong demented bond the two share and say, hum those two are really wack but can you really pinpoint the problem? Theres resolution left an empty feeling i can't explain, i wasn't satisfied.

Can't these two make a romance comedy, everytime they have to do some sad stuff. I guess it would be pretty boring and these two are really good at tear jerking serious scenes.

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Mar 11th, '07, 06:50

I just can't say how much I LOVED this drama!!! Just saw it thanks to SARS and the fabulous fansubs!!! This is a really dark and serious drama and I thought it was an excellent character study as well. Shows the progression of how innocence can really be lost. I am attracted to dark storylines anyway and that is where JDramas just rule IMO!!!

Loved the chemistry between the leads and the acting was fantastic!

To me the main moral of the story is that if you are an adult and you KNOW a child is suffering DO NOT TURN YOUR BACK AND WALK AWAY! That is what I came away with! Sasagaki though irritating redeems himself for me in the end. To each his own!

Definitely worth the watch if you like serious drama!!! :cheers:

Narutokun123

Post by Narutokun123 » Mar 17th, '07, 21:45

I started for 2 weeks with Byakuyakou and today i finished it to say it in short "AMAZING GOOD" i really liked it there wasnt any boring moment in the episodes. I can really recommend it to other peoples who want to give it a try.

bleakreserve

KCN

Post by bleakreserve » Mar 17th, '07, 23:15

hchan wrote:
vtx wrote:A bit too adult themed this episode :P
They kinda messed up with Ryo getting sick from exposure to cyanide gas. If cyanide enters your body, you either die or recover. This is because it acts similarly to CO2 and is cleared from your body after your red blood cells are regenerated. Now if he was exposed to it over a long span of time, his liver might get a pounding and he would get sick from that. But immediate and sudden exposure like that should have been death/coma or healthy recovery.

crimmy

Post by crimmy » Apr 21st, '07, 17:09

Personally I loved the show up until the last episode >_>;; I guess you ppl should know why <_< I dont like these kindz, you see..

Great job by the cast though.

BOLT

Post by BOLT » May 6th, '07, 16:56

Does this movie have more ending? I means like special one. or it only ending at Yukiho hold hand of Ryo's son. Please tell me about it if there is still more story continue afterward. Sorry for my english, i'm asia and not native english users.

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » May 8th, '07, 06:41

i just started this drama this morning and found it so engrossing!! i started at 12+ thinking to do only 1/2 of ep1 as it's = length of 2eps. but i ended up finishing ep2 until i dropped dead on the bed.... the feelings between the 2 characters are so intense making me so anxious for them. but i guess more of misfortune maybe coming. so sad....

CuTi

Post by CuTi » Aug 25th, '07, 19:54

After finishing this drama I just can't understand the role of Shinozuka Kazunari played by Takashi Kashiwabara. The role seems to be important, but I can't figure it out. I know yukiho likes him for a while and he wants to find out the truth about what happened to Eriko, but I know there is more. Just don't know what.

If anyone knows, share it cause I'm very curios about this.:scratch:

kawaii_kittie

Post by kawaii_kittie » Nov 9th, '07, 22:23

it was soo great even though some bits were confusing but its an irritating drama that just wants you to keep watching LOVED IT!! :clap:

lokelaninyc

joined d addict just for this drama!

Post by lokelaninyc » Dec 11th, '07, 01:33

this was such an amazing drama. i have 1 more ep to go, but it's so dark, intense and just insane. it's crazy how far the sunk into their own darkness. the acting is amazing, too. i never expected it to be so good. it's so diff from the other jap dramas i've seen.
it was SOO hard to watch, but i think that's why i like it...

ep 3, when she's in the church, amazing scene.
the script is really good, too. i had to watch eng translations, and it was already so poetic and dark without being corny.
every time he said yah, yukiho, it tore at my heart.
AH! love this drama!

lokelaninyc

prob cause he understand her...

Post by lokelaninyc » Dec 11th, '07, 01:36

CuTi wrote:After finishing this drama I just can't understand the role of Shinozuka Kazunari played by Takashi Kashiwabara. The role seems to be important, but I can't figure it out. I know yukiho likes him for a while and he wants to find out the truth about what happened to Eriko, but I know there is more. Just don't know what.

If anyone knows, share it cause I'm very curios about this.:scratch:
he understood her in a twisted way, like after her mom died in ep 9 or 10, when she was crying and fell asleep. he was telling her how he never got to live for himself and only received love for doing well... that others were loved regardless of their accomplishments..
it's, like everything else, twisted

lokelaninyc

hmm response

Post by lokelaninyc » Dec 11th, '07, 01:41

aya_ayase wrote:For me, episode 2,3 is a torture because I don't understand a single bit of what the drama is talking about... But luckily in episode 4, I caught up with the plot though there were some parts which I still did not understand... Like where on earth or who on earth was Matsuura? LOL.

Episode 5 was nice, and Yukiho was so wicked! I pitied Ryouji too..
In the end, I forgave Yukiho because during the last few minutes of the drama, she said "gomen ne ryo"...

Episode 6 was also sad, because of the words Matsuura said to Ryouji kills him and the night with traces of sun... And the part when Ryouji shows Yukiho the film, and realised that Ryouji killed Matsuura and said, "I was the one who killed him"... Yamada Takayuki's acting is SO impressive!

Can anyone tell me in episode 6, what was Ryouji telling his friend on the phone such that when the police officer came, his friend told him that there was another person - Ryo living with him????
matsuura was mom's old lover that found/knew about ryo's dad's hobbies so knew secret motive behind ryo's dad's murder.
pretty sure in ep 6 he's just trying to cover up, knowing even if his friend said ryo was there... he's still technically dead

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Mar 13th, '08, 20:44

At the moment I'm on episode 6 of this serie.

Wow. It was a while since I saw a drama with so many twists and turns.
Ep3:
Ryouji: "You want me to do the corpse?" :shocked: (I had to re-read that line)

It almost seems as Yukiho is controling Ryouji like a marionette doll.

After the killing when they were young it was all about escaping, and trying to be happy for a little while. But in the end they ended up committing new crimes.
I saw this information on DramaWiki about this serie:

Production took 6 months to persuade the author to agree to the drama adaptation from the novel which has sold over 1.2 million copies since its release in 1999 and has become the top bestselling suspense novel.

I'm wondering what is the name of the author? :scratch:

Before I began to watch this drama I saw "3 nen B gumi Kinpachi Sensei" (Season 6) where Takeda Tetsuya acted as the good teacher.
When seeing the first episode of Byakuyakou I realized he was in it and I thought "Don't let him be the bad guy here!" my mind would have been a little split/divided since I had watched him being the good guy for 22 episodes + one Special. :lol

zenitse

Post by zenitse » Mar 14th, '08, 12:39

I'm wondering what is the name of the author?
Higashino Keigo. The book hasn't been translated to English though.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Mar 19th, '08, 23:07

Well, now I'm done with this drama.
What can I say. Very good drama, it makes it to my (very long list) of "Best Jdoramas"
A very interesting story, excellent acting, I can't complain about it. I loved the girl that acted as young Yukiho, what a cute kid! :D
A theme song "Kage" with Shibasaki Kou is currently my new favorite song. (I'm trying to find piano scores for this one)

At first I felt sorry for Yukiho, then I thought she was using Ryouji, and finally, when done watching the drama I disliked both of them!
Memorable quote: "You're the worst."
But still, it's a very good drama.

jyori

Post by jyori » Mar 19th, '08, 23:14

This was a very good drama! I loved it!
It's amazing how much Ryouji loved her...

Firehawk

Byakuyakou

Post by Firehawk » Apr 5th, '08, 20:46

I was surprised to find nothing about this series in the DramaWiki.
This is easily one of the most suspenseful dramas I have ever seen, as well as one of the more twisted.
It doesn't seem to be that popular, but both the story and acting are superb.
I don't think I've ever been this drawn into a series;
Each episode just makes you want to watch the next to see if the two killers are going to get away with murder or be caught, though it's hard to pick sides.

I was just curious if anyone else has/had seen this, and opinions/comments on the series :)

Kimandtmf

Post by Kimandtmf » Apr 5th, '08, 21:28

I wanted to watch this but i couldn't find enough informations on it ..so is it really worth watching? is it subbed?( i forgot if i found out about that xD) can i hope for a happy ending ? ^__^ or at least a not so sad one xD

HypnoSurf22

Post by HypnoSurf22 » Apr 5th, '08, 22:20

hell yes its worth watching. its one of the best jdrama's i've seen (and i've seen alot). the story is very dark and tragic but you feel an amazing amount of empathy for the characters. tons of suspense like Firehawk said. also haruka ayase's and takayuki yamada's performance is brilliant (i think their best). you can watch it at mysoju.com.

Tadanga

Post by Tadanga » Apr 7th, '08, 22:06

Yes indeed. It is very much worth watching.
You'll find it right here subbed, another beautiful job by SARS Fansubs.
Link

zenitse

Post by zenitse » Apr 8th, '08, 21:06

Byakuyakou is one of the best doramas I've seen, I think it's definitely worth watching.

Nevertheless, there's already a discussion here:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27659

And information at dramawiki:

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Byakuyakou

And sub is available from SARS, as written just above me.

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Apr 9th, '08, 08:04

Yes, this drama is so suspensful, dark, and twisted but the love story is so believable because of the good acting. I've never seen a drama like this one. Anyone who haven't watched it is missing out!

shimmi

Post by shimmi » Apr 9th, '08, 19:14

Man...that drama is the best drama I've ever seen so far!!!!! IT ROCKS!!!! The cast is amazing and so is the plot! IT IS PERFECT!!!

Mugen_sake624

Post by Mugen_sake624 » Apr 10th, '08, 06:55

This is one dark and very edge of ur seat drama. It was worth the watch but if u dislike unhappy endings then don't watch. I personally thing that it was very well done.

Kanin

Post by Kanin » Nov 4th, '08, 19:33

WTF how can I have missed seeing this for two years! :unsure:

I just saw this drama it was one of the best series I've seen. I never thought I find a 2006 + drama that would break into my top 5 list.

I thought the young Yukiho was so good in her role I was worried how Haruka would top that. I found out there was no reason for worry. I liked her in the comedy Hotaru no Hikari but in this one she really made impact. This must be her best drama so far. I wasn't too crazy with Sekai. She made some really strong scenes as Yukiho.

I think I read people dropped this because of the unrealistic opening events. But for me it was never a problem. I actually never lost feeling for either Yukiho or Ryoji.

This drama was exellent in many ways. It had many strong memorable scenes like the reunion at the toilet and Yukiho speech at the church.

The only thing I didn't like was the beginning. Of course we don't know at what point in life that pre-scene was taken, but it bugged me if only a little.

Anyway this drama goes for 10/10 IMO.

I don't see how you can top this drama in this genre. In comparison I would only give One Million Stars a 7.

Lifo

Post by Lifo » Nov 4th, '08, 19:43

Very intense, and really well-written.

truewt

Post by truewt » Dec 31st, '08, 07:43

I really love this drama..

But it sorta got a little un-intensed towards the end (ep 7 onwards).

But still, I feel that it has overtaken my no. 1 drama on the spot!!

Really a good show, can't believe how I missed this one!

bshater

Post by bshater » Jan 1st, '09, 16:44

just rewatched this one, and it is still the ****! after all these years, it still blows me away with its intensity and excellent acting, not to mention the masterful script. if only all dramas were made of this same caliber, oh man that would be heaven.

i dont' expect much from the korean movie remake of this drama, but i can only hope the korean remake will be half as good as this one.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Jan 1st, '09, 16:53

bshater wrote:just rewatched this one, and it is still the ****! after all these years, it still blows me away with its intensity and excellent acting, not to mention the masterful script. if only all dramas were made of this same caliber, oh man that would be heaven.

i dont' expect much from the korean movie remake of this drama, but i can only hope the korean remake will be half as good as this one.
What's the name of the Korean remake?

Dark_Schneider_Py
Paraguay

Post by Dark_Schneider_Py » Feb 11th, '09, 21:44

Baekyahaeng (백야행), according to this Soompi thread...
http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php? ... 55911&st=0

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Feb 11th, '09, 22:16

Thank you very much for the info Dark_Schneider_Py.
Looks very interesting. :)

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Feb 11th, '09, 22:30

This is my absolute favorite drama ever, the start of the first episode is kinda slow but when you get past ryo laying in the street it really picks up and doesn't stop. Music in it is near perfect, beautiful scenery and love the style of the drama. I don't know about anyone else but it had me questioning morality and such, like I couldn't feel that the main characters (ryo and yukiho) we're bad since I sympathize with them, I can't condemn their actions ; ;

Joe1991

Post by Joe1991 » Feb 28th, '09, 02:10

Just finished watching it 5 minutes ago and it is now my new all time favourite. I don't think any other drama has got me as emotionally invested in the characters.

I was really wishing for a happy ending but knew it wouldn't be because of what they showed at the beginning (the one thing I think they did wrong),
I feel so bad for Yukiho now, nobody she can show her real self, nobody she can trust, lost her business, lost her love, I can't imagine she Is going to have a very nice life. Welling up just thinking about it :cry:
Think I'll rewatch it next week

MisterX

Post by MisterX » Feb 28th, '09, 02:44

Dark_Schneider_Py wrote:Baekyahaeng (백야행), according to this Soompi thread...
http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php? ... 55911&st=0
Baekyahaeng -> 백야행 -> 白夜行 -> Byakuyako. Same title.

Korean remake is written by Park Yeon-Seon of Evasive Inquiry Agency/Alone in Love and has Son Ye-Jin and Han Suk-Gyu (as the grumpy detective), so should at least be passable, although Park's committee movie scripts are not quite on par with her drama work. Still, she's writing it alone this time, and did a great job adapting Alone in Love, so could be good. Would have gone with Byun Hee-Bong as the detective and someone a la Eom Tae-Woong or Lee Cheon-Hee for the male lead, but Son Ye-Jin is much better than Ayase, and Han Suk-Gyu going in grumpy mode is as much of a spectacle as Byun could have been. Even Go Soo could be bearable. Could.

hhnd

Post by hhnd » Jun 9th, '09, 10:53

Kanin wrote:I don't see how you can top this drama in this genre. In comparison I would only give One Million Stars a 7
I've heard varying opinions on this. Some say 1 Million Stars Falling is a classic, a must-see (though I realize people tend to claim something is "classic" just because it's good - not necessarily extremely good - and it's not made recently :w00t: ) But I've also heard Byakuyakou is better. Anyways, I plan to see 1 Million Stars soon ...

Byakuyakou is extremely good of course. What I liked about the series: the acting, of course, but also the filming and the way they arrange the little details. I liked that in reality Yukiho and Ryou never actually walked with each other when it's still day time - all the scenes where they're together when they're 11 years old, it's either around sunset time, or evening. But in their memories they're always walking in morning-ish time. I just find it heart-breaking.

The end was really good too, how Sasagaki lists all of Ryou's crimes, because Ryou wants to "be judged", wants to tell his crimes to someone so he would die peacefully. And Sasagaki did just that. When he realized how beautiful yet terrifyingly cruel the wish to be able to "walk under the sun" of the two protagonists ...

Before this I couldn't imagine two protagonists whose evil sides predominate most of the time, yet am still able to sympathize with them and even love them (not their actions, but their hopes lol)

Highly recommended for anyone not stressing out with exams and stuff. You should watch it when your mind is relatively at peace. Awesome, awesome series.