How do you watch your Dorama?

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
hayabusa_fmw

How do you watch your Dorama?

Post by hayabusa_fmw » Aug 25th, '06, 19:30

hello everyone

I was wondering how do you guys watch your Dorama,

On a pc?

convert them to DVD-R

or Simply TV-Out ..???

For me :
I can't stand to watch on a pc it gets me not consentrated on the show

DVD-R convert is VERY hard & long i beleive.....

So i try to TV out them but they are some borders on the side or top since it,s not tv format:( ...

Let me know I am curious i would like to enjoy these file lot more!:)

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Aug 25th, '06, 19:39

90% of the stuff i download i do no watch, but my wife does. I make DVD's for her. FOr my stuff, i convert it to IPOD form and watch in on IPOD. Some things i love, ilike MY BOSS MY HERO i also burn to DVD.

Besides DVD and PC, im not sure what you are looking for.

hayabusa_fmw

Post by hayabusa_fmw » Aug 25th, '06, 19:45

for sure if i could convert it to DVD format to enjoy on a DVD player...(not divx compatible)... i would be happy... i Have a program called. Super dvd creator 9.25 maybe it does it?
i never used it ...

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Aug 25th, '06, 20:38

there's a similar thread about this
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_26660_0.htm
As for me.. I used to convert everything I watch to DVD
but then I started watching some bad ones and it was really a waste of DVD
so.. I only burn some of the chosen ones now

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Aug 26th, '06, 03:07

In a dark room with candle light.

angeizahoy

Post by angeizahoy » Aug 26th, '06, 03:55

watch them on the computer. don't wanna go through the whole process of converting them into DVDs. i guess if i really felt like it, i could just hook up my laptop up to the TV, but 99% of the time, i really don't feel like it!

Kaito5

Post by Kaito5 » Aug 26th, '06, 04:02

On the pc because everytime i try to burn them and watch them on tv, the quality is really lousy and almost unwatchable :(

rahula

Post by rahula » Aug 26th, '06, 06:21

I use the s-vhs output from the vga to the living room's tv and just lay down in my rede de balanço... oh guys you must know what it is like!!!

"rede de balanço" is this:

http://i1.tinypic.com/nqoemr.jpg
http://www.villabellavillaggio.com.br/i ... lazer2.jpg

I've got one in my living room =]]]]

MinaPi

Post by MinaPi » Aug 26th, '06, 12:45

DVD-R in my room!!!!!!!!

guitarz

Post by guitarz » Aug 26th, '06, 12:52

mostly on my psp and watch them while on the journey to some place

or in the rare cases im watching on tv, i burnt the avi files on a dvd and watch them on my ps2 using sms media player -> http://sms.ps2-scene.org/eng/index.htm

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Aug 26th, '06, 13:23

mainly on my computer or laptop...

and sometimes, on my Philips DivX player...dvp something...I don't remember the model anymore. it's been about 1 1/2 since I bought it.

SweetLolita

Post by SweetLolita » Aug 26th, '06, 13:34

I watch my dorama trough an chiped Xbox, and we have a wide screen TV (Sharp) :-)

hayabusa_fmw

Post by hayabusa_fmw » Aug 26th, '06, 14:53

I am trying to put them to DVD-R

like Long vacation (wich was my favorite Dorama ever)

& shota no sushi also..

but
I don't know Really where to start i tryed Super DVD creator....

I see the DIVX sign pop in the corner & it's (over scanned & hidden so the image must be a tiny bit over scanned:( )

MY DVD PLAYER IS NOT divx compatible:S

Nadil
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Nadil » Aug 26th, '06, 14:58

I watch my dramas (almost) always on my computer^^ cuz I like my LCD monitor XD
i hate softsubs.. on my dvd-player -_-

sosushi2

preferences

Post by sosushi2 » Aug 26th, '06, 15:04

I've never watched on my pc or laptop.... always DVD on the television.

hayabusa_fmw

Post by hayabusa_fmw » Aug 26th, '06, 15:15

sosushi2: so You encode them using wich technique?. or program:P

alli_potts

Post by alli_potts » Aug 26th, '06, 16:30

PC. But with the monitor facing my bed, so I can watch while in bed. I am remodeling now and plan to get the biggest monitor I can find... or a TV to hook to my PC, so I can really enjoy dramas. : )

ooijanice

Post by ooijanice » Aug 26th, '06, 16:36

Always on my computer.
Converting the files to DVD is much to time consuming. :P

choco_panda

Post by choco_panda » Aug 26th, '06, 16:44

Watching on my laptop for most of the time. Dunno why but I prefer watching like this even more than on LCD screen.

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Aug 26th, '06, 18:58

I still watch the majority of things on my computer. I purchased a Philips DVD player with DivX playback recently and have also begun watching things I had burned to DVD-R long ago. Converting was just too much of a hassle.

hkgirl

Post by hkgirl » Aug 26th, '06, 19:50

I watch them on my pc. I thought I'd have a go at converting Good Luck to dvd the other day because I'd really like to see it on my tv - It takes about four hours on my P4 2.4ghz 1GB RAM to encode one episodefile. You can fit about four episodes on a disk. So you are looking at twenty hours for one disk. I suppose if you were just encoding one film it would be quicker but yeah it really takes a long time. Data dvd's are a lot quicker to make, just a shame my dvd player won't play avi files. I know there are players out there that do.

JohnnyNismo

Post by JohnnyNismo » Aug 27th, '06, 00:02

I use TV-out with my Nvdia 7900GT...The sizing sucks though with the current driver revision so it stretches the image vertically a little. I want to get both a widescreen TV and LCD monitor for my computer so I can watch things as they are meant to be seen. ..

hey HKGIRL, do you know of any encoding programs for WindowsXP that are MULTI-THREADED? I got a dual core setup and I need to put it to good use..

senakun

Post by senakun » Aug 27th, '06, 00:35

...with my computer on a samsung 21" widescreen lcd montor. i have a couple divx dvd players (philips, jvc lg) but i rarely use 'em to watch anything. the one next to my computer has become more of a testing tool once in a while to see if dvd's will work outside my computer.

asianblondgirl

Post by asianblondgirl » Aug 27th, '06, 02:07

on my Pc if i like the series i burn it to dvd

6502inside

Post by 6502inside » Aug 27th, '06, 17:35

I have an old NEC 19" RGB monitor (15KHz). It's connected to the composite output of my video card and MPEG2 decoder card so I watch anything 4:3 on it. For widescreen stuff sometimes I just use the PC's monitor.

The drivers for my GeForce 5200 have a control panel where one can set scan rates, pixel clocks, etc. and I'm curious about whether one can configure a 15KHz signal to come out the VGA connector. That would be better quality than composite.

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Aug 28th, '06, 02:07

hmm, I stop burning the onto dvd, I usually just watch them on the pc lately....at times I connected the pc to the projector and watch the dramas on it, especially the jumong dramas....it's much better on a wider screen sometimes, more relaxing and enjoyable....thanks again jumong fansubs :thumright: :-)....

*Lifo*

Post by *Lifo* » Aug 28th, '06, 19:23

on the Laptop, with a nice atmosphere~

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Aug 28th, '06, 19:29

on my laptop. easier to delete after that. i only make dvd copies for drama that i like and want to keep

garlicon

Post by garlicon » Aug 28th, '06, 22:40

i watch all the dramas using my computer (pc). it's easier and more convenient for me. once, my mom tried to use my pc to watch, she nearly "kill" my pc. i never let her touch my pc again. hehe...

ina

Post by ina » Aug 28th, '06, 22:45

I've watch them mostly on TV through TV-OUT and I have a widescreen TV so the format is never a problem.

alliemon

Post by alliemon » Aug 30th, '06, 01:35

If I plan on watching several episodes, then I'll go the TV-out way because it's more comfortable and I have no problems with the screen issue. If it's just one episode, I'll just watch it on the computer.

Wattstax

Post by Wattstax » Aug 30th, '06, 14:59

Everything I download will be converted to DVD. Then I print a nice Front and Backcover and place it in my cupboard next to my original versions.
If I can't convert a series because of codec problems etc. I delete the series without watching and buy it instead.

elsiey

Post by elsiey » Aug 30th, '06, 16:49

Always on PC. ^^;;;

~`Hazel~

Post by ~`Hazel~ » Aug 30th, '06, 18:52

I usually watch my stuff on the Computer. If i like it enough I'll convert it to DVD and watch it on my TV.

fasix

Post by fasix » Aug 30th, '06, 19:00

I use the SVGA output on my Powerbook, and connect it to the SVGA input on my 32" sony widescreen tv.
It works perfectly. I then use the VLC-player. It has some nice Aspect Ratio options. And it's stable, and it plays almost every format out there :)

touchthesun

Post by touchthesun » Aug 30th, '06, 19:00

Also watch on comp, then store on DVD. When I have time, I guess I'll transfer to playable DVD. I just hate how you can only fit so many episodes on one disc though. Hopefully there will be a better way to do that :\

valory

Post by valory » Aug 30th, '06, 19:14

I watch them on my PC mainly because it allows me to watch alone. I simply HAVE to watch them by myself. I cannot truly enjoy drama with other people in the near vicinity, keeps you from getting into it.
Anyone else feel the need for isolated drama watching?
Or am I alone in this (pun intended :P )

chris_b

Post by chris_b » Aug 30th, '06, 19:44

TV-out for me...my tv is and oldish 29" Panasonic 4:3 set but it has a native anamorphic 16:9 mode...I :wub: my TV!

Also sometimes I re-encode stuff to watch on my GP2X.

chris_b

Post by chris_b » Aug 30th, '06, 19:47

valory wrote:I simply HAVE to watch them by myself. I cannot truly enjoy drama with other people in the near vicinity, keeps you from getting into it.
I'm the same...maybe it'd be different if I was with someone who's a fan of Asian dramas but none of my friends are.

alliemon

Post by alliemon » Aug 31st, '06, 01:58

valory wrote:I watch them on my PC mainly because it allows me to watch alone. I simply HAVE to watch them by myself. I cannot truly enjoy drama with other people in the near vicinity, keeps you from getting into it.
Or am I alone in this (pun intended :P )
I too, find it much better to watch alone. Especially if it's something really sad and I want to cry over it but I can't because there's other people around. XD

Able

Post by Able » Aug 31st, '06, 02:15

valory wrote:I simply HAVE to watch them by myself. I cannot truly enjoy drama with other people in the near vicinity, keeps you from getting into it.
Ditto. Besides, my PC has much better color depth than my TV :lol

BokoWoShinjite

Post by BokoWoShinjite » Feb 18th, '09, 23:02

I download it, hardsub it, convert it to MP4 and then watch it on my PSP.
And Asian movies that I buy, I watch on my PS3.

ayaseharukaftw

Post by ayaseharukaftw » Feb 18th, '09, 23:06

Well my PC monitor is my 26 inch HDTV connected DVI-D to HDMI so that's how I watch it. Or if I don't have time to watch it at home I'll put it on my PSP as well.

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Feb 18th, '09, 23:09

Jesus a lot of ppl sure go through a lot of trouble to watch dramas lol. I just download watch if I love it I put to DVD, make a copy of it on my external HD and delete it off the main HD for room for the next drama.

infundibuliform

Post by infundibuliform » Feb 24th, '09, 08:17

chris_b wrote:
I'm the same...maybe it'd be different if I was with someone who's a fan of Asian dramas but none of my friends are.
My aunt is a fan of K-dramas, but she talks a lot during them. I'm also a movie buff, so, um...I kinda yell at her to stfu. hahaha My mom liked watching Jikou Keisatsu and Nodame Cantabile, but she's not all otaku with me. haha

But either way, i prefer being alone. I try explaining to my friends Yamapi's sex appeal and Toma's wonderfulness and the dramas and the drama in the dramas, but...uh, those "you're into Asian things?" stares aren't worth it anymore. haha

I watch them on my laptop, usually on my bed all wrapped up in my blanket with my cat on top of me. lol I don't download, but watch them on mysoju or youtube.