[Discussion] Taiyo no Uta

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Snowboard

Post by Snowboard » Aug 28th, '06, 14:57

hahaha that is a good joke lol...But yeah girls don't open their legs when they sit down....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :salut: :salut:

kennyboy

Post by kennyboy » Aug 28th, '06, 15:01

auroragb wrote:
kennyboy wrote:But what can she do? its a TV show. she can't be sitting down with legs splayed wide open can she? :lol
Actually she can, she's always wearing pants (even says so in ep 6), yet she sits like someone who wears shorts and skirts alot

btw, I'm not saying that she's only pretty with her hair down, just that she just looks particularly lovely that way
I guess that's 3 votes against your 1... :lol

Even if its appropriate for the role, do you really want her to sit awkwardly? :mrgreen:

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Aug 28th, '06, 15:55

kennyboy wrote:
auroragb wrote:
kennyboy wrote:But what can she do? its a TV show. she can't be sitting down with legs splayed wide open can she? :lol
Actually she can, she's always wearing pants (even says so in ep 6), yet she sits like someone who wears shorts and skirts alot
I guess that's 3 votes against your 1... :lol

Even if its appropriate for the role, do you really want her to sit awkwardly? :mrgreen:
not awkwardly, but there are many other positions to sit on a chair other than the knee-over-knee leg cross. Such as the both feet planted on the floor, which I find is quite popular everywhere outside of the fashion industry and girls who wear skirts (particularly short skirts) alot

torr3nt

Post by torr3nt » Aug 28th, '06, 18:42

Yea, I thought I was the only one that noticed she keeps crossing her legs. I'm not against it, I just thought it was weird when she was talking to the doctor and pouring out her feelings. :blink

Hinakun

Post by Hinakun » Aug 31st, '06, 01:31

The story after ep6 is interesting~~ Surprises in ep 7 ppl~~~ hehe.. :x

sweetdreams1891

Post by sweetdreams1891 » Sep 1st, '06, 04:03

Hinakun wrote:The story after ep6 is interesting~~ Surprises in ep 7 ppl~~~ hehe.. :x
really??...wahh..i cant wait to see it!! i think this drama is soo sweet...i love it soo much!! i got hooked on to it by like the first episode. i absolutely love the bg music of this drama too...the one that usually plays when kaoru and kouji are together. lol

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Sep 1st, '06, 04:38

Hinakun wrote:The story after ep6 is interesting~~ Surprises in ep 7 ppl~~~ hehe.. :x
Secret is revealed! Koji is a wiener boy! :P
so the surprise is the CPR? That was no kiss, she was just blowing air into his lungs because he wasn't able to catch his breath; and it worked wonders, he stopped panting immediately ;-)

Hinakun

Post by Hinakun » Sep 1st, '06, 22:33

Denial is what most Erika's fanboys reaction. hahah :argue:
She targeted the kiss a little toward below the lips.. not on the lips. Hope this clarify and make the fanboys happy! hehe or the fangirls of Takayuki Yamada

elsiey

Post by elsiey » Sep 2nd, '06, 01:34

Gah, all this talk about what happened in ep. 6 and so on is totally making me anxious. x.x

Tackey

Post by Tackey » Sep 2nd, '06, 04:16

Me too, elsiey. :(

oceansportrait

Theme Song

Post by oceansportrait » Sep 2nd, '06, 15:19

I think it was here that someone mentioned how they didn't understand why in the opening intro, Kaoru and Kouji are meeting in a train in broad daylight. The song playing in the background, "invitation" by shibasaki kou, has in its lyrics a line about trains. That's probably why they thought "hey, it's cute, let's throw it in as a kind of dream".

SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: Theme Song

Post by SacredCultivator » Sep 2nd, '06, 15:38

oceansportrait wrote:I think it was here that someone mentioned how they didn't understand why in the opening intro, Kaoru and Kouji are meeting in a train in broad daylight. The song playing in the background, "invitation" by shibasaki kou, has in its lyrics a line about trains. That's probably why they thought "hey, it's cute, let's throw it in as a kind of dream".
I don't remember where I mentioned this or it was probably in this thread.. And the topic of 'Dreaming' was just it.

I recall that I said something like the Opening is just giving sight of Kaoru's 'dream' t be able to just LIVE normally (In Sunlight) so the train is sort of the 'getaway' where she can just be normal.. Becaues i the Opening showed the reality of just her life in the Nighttime... It is too gloomy and too depressing ... So they switched it up a bit and added the Train/ Sunlight/ GetAway for that Hope .... That is what I think

I didn't know in the Song of the Lyrics but now that oyu mention it, it does make more sense.

elsiey

Post by elsiey » Sep 3rd, '06, 00:28

lol, the opening theme song always makes me smile~ especially the part where him and amane are shooting stuff... (was it bottles?) XD It's cute. XD

lol, just watched ep. 6... Kouji's past is interesting, ne? XD

Go Kouji/Amane! Go~!!

Tackey

Post by Tackey » Sep 3rd, '06, 04:07

I just finished ep 6 too. :) It was surprising to see Kouji had a tough past. Also...
I had this OMG look on my face when Kouji's former friends tried to have intercourse with Kaoru. But, I'm so glad that Kouji's current friends came to save the day... My Kaoru was almost harmed. >_<

sweetdreams1891

Post by sweetdreams1891 » Sep 3rd, '06, 05:03

wahhhhh...its very interesting to see so much of the story unfold in episode 6...very suspenseful XD
Tackey wrote:
I had this OMG look on my face when Kouji's former friends tried to have intercourse with Kaoru. But, I'm so glad that Kouji's current friends came to save the day... My Kaoru was almost harmed. >_<
:blink ...that part was actually scaryy for me considering that there are just soo many perverts in the world these days. While i was watching that part...i was like God how i wish i could just punch that guy.

Kawaii Kinomoto

Post by Kawaii Kinomoto » Sep 3rd, '06, 13:46

sweetdreams1891 wrote:
:blink ...that part was actually scaryy for me considering that there are just soo many perverts in the world these days. While i was watching that part...i was like God how i wish i could just punch that guy.
yea that part was like :O :-( :cry: for me!! those guys (and all the other guys in the world like him) need to burn in hell!! or at least go to jail!!
but omg the show is getting so interesting now! just finished episode 6 so i'm gonna watch 7 and 8 tonight

arabian

Post by arabian » Sep 3rd, '06, 14:27

Hi friend.. :D
I began watch the drama before two days ..
i like the story & i think it will be a as good as 1 litre of tears..

rikki

Post by rikki » Sep 4th, '06, 14:35

I just started watching it and it is really good from what I've seen from the first episode. Grabbing the 2nd episode atm ^_^
I like these kinds of dramas, and have stopped watching Glory Days for this... (Which reminds me of Love Hina anime)

*Lifo*

Post by *Lifo* » Sep 4th, '06, 14:52

I really love it so far, can't wait to know what'll happen >_<!! I recommend it to all of you!

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Sep 4th, '06, 15:20

So it seems that she'll die before the CD is released, as in the movie. Would have been interesting if they changed that part from the movie

airskape

Post by airskape » Sep 5th, '06, 08:36

^ o man..that spoiler is really bad
dont read if you havent watched the movie!

Daisukimaru

Post by Daisukimaru » Sep 5th, '06, 09:04

gahhh why does she have to die in thie series too, i couldnt even watch the last episode of 1 litre of tears ]= its always the pretty girl that dies -.-

lailoken

Post by lailoken » Sep 5th, '06, 15:05

AHHH use spoiler tagss!!!

After watching ep 6
omg i was soo annoyed at the fact that kaoru didnt grab kouji when the sun was comming up and tell him that she wont go home unless he took her. AND WHAT THE HELL why is kouji hooking up with asami again? Its so obvious that she just wants to use him....
The ep made me a lil angry than happy. =((

kennyboy

Post by kennyboy » Sep 5th, '06, 16:06

lailoken wrote:AHHH use spoiler tagss!!!

After watching ep 6
omg i was soo annoyed at the fact that kaoru didnt grab kouji when the sun was comming up and tell him that she wont go home unless he took her. AND WHAT THE HELL why is kouji hooking up with asami again? Its so obvious that she just wants to use him....
Then you'll be more than happy with episode 7 :lol

lailoken

Post by lailoken » Sep 5th, '06, 18:09

kennyboy wrote:

After watching ep 6
I'm sure I will =)) but I just hope the series ends with a happy ending; I don't want to see erika die AGAIN. =((

kennyboy

Post by kennyboy » Sep 5th, '06, 18:21

lailoken wrote:
kennyboy wrote:

After watching ep 6
I'm sure I will =)) but I just hope the series ends with a happy ending; I don't want to see erika die AGAIN. =((
Then i'm sorry you'll be disappointed again. Its the same storyline as the movie my friend.

That's what you get for dramatic effect and for the actors/actress to show off their thespian skills.....

lailoken

Post by lailoken » Sep 5th, '06, 18:55

kennyboy wrote:
lailoken wrote:
kennyboy wrote:
Then i'm sorry you'll be disappointed again. Its the same storyline as the movie my friend.

That's what you get for dramatic effect and for the actors/actress to show off their thespian skills.....
Oh godd =( I was so emo after watching 1 litre of tears, Iun wanna go through that again..
Ahhh the horror =(

Snowboard

Post by Snowboard » Sep 6th, '06, 04:08

AAAAAAAAAA....Every time she play drama she always play sad ending lol...I just hope when she play a new drama it will be a happy ending....I don't want cute girl always die lol..........anyway She is really so pretty and cute cannot wait episode 9 and the sub episode 7......Love Erika sawajiri................ :cheers: :cheers: i want go to japan and meet her lol hahahah..........but it's just my dream lol........... :cry: :crazy: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

lailoken

Post by lailoken » Sep 6th, '06, 05:01

Snowboard wrote:AAAAAAAAAA....Every time she play drama she always play sad ending lol...I just hope when she play a new drama it will be a happy ending....I don't want cute girl always die lol..........anyway She is really so pretty and cute cannot wait episode 9 and the sub episode 7......Love Erika sawajiri................ :cheers: :cheers: i want go to japan and meet her lol hahahah..........but it's just my dream lol........... :cry: :crazy: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
You're not the only one XDD

Me89

Post by Me89 » Sep 8th, '06, 04:21

Does anyone know wen the OST for Taiyou no Uta will be released? I really want it

SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SacredCultivator » Sep 8th, '06, 04:25

Me89 wrote:Does anyone know wen the OST for Taiyou no Uta will be released? I really want it
On her website the OST for this Drama is set to be released this month on the 13th, which isn't too long from now

lailoken

Post by lailoken » Sep 8th, '06, 16:23

Hey sacred why do you change your avatar so much? :crazy:

SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SacredCultivator » Sep 8th, '06, 17:43

lailoken wrote:Hey sacred why do you change your avatar so much? :crazy:
Hehe I don't it is something K.T. Tran taught me =P So it just rotates from time to time

Heh only 5 more days till the OST comes out!!!

Me89

Post by Me89 » Sep 8th, '06, 23:15

Thxs for the info appreciate it

Raleigh

Post by Raleigh » Sep 10th, '06, 17:45

Glad to see the OST coming out so soon. The music is so good that I'm really awaiting the release.

Jairick

Post by Jairick » Sep 11th, '06, 13:51

just finished watching ep9. :D

the last ep will air next week, btw. :hissy:
whatever the ending will be, i won't say anything against the writer(?)... as it has been a good jdrama.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Sep 11th, '06, 14:22

This episode took a predictable turn
with the delay, and apology, nearly all of which could have been gathered from last week. I think, in the end, Asami will sing in Amane's place ...

SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SacredCultivator » Sep 11th, '06, 14:27

Just sad to hear the Drama is almost completed ><, only on Episode 5, but yeah, can't wait.

kennyboy

Post by kennyboy » Sep 11th, '06, 17:29

auroragb wrote:This episode took a predictable turn
with the delay, and apology, nearly all of which could have been gathered from last week. I think, in the end, Asami will sing in Amane's place ...
Ah hah..you're wrong.

i'mNOangel

Post by i'mNOangel » Sep 11th, '06, 17:59

erika is soooooooo pretty in this show.....................but yamade is no that good looking

lailoken

Post by lailoken » Sep 12th, '06, 18:18

it doesnt matter, they look nice together =)

Me89

Post by Me89 » Sep 12th, '06, 23:31

YES!!! OST out tomolo!!! Overexcited

sam-me

Post by sam-me » Sep 13th, '06, 15:52

Ive seen the first episode and soo far, it seems pretty intereting. But the in this drama, shes sick again with an uncurable disease. Why does she keep playing the role of the sick girl?? OOO I do love her hair in this drama. Its soo long. SHe suits long hair. And she can play the guitar and too! Shes sooo talented. I think that anyone who can play an instrament is soooo talented.

SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SacredCultivator » Sep 13th, '06, 15:57

haha the OST was released today!!! Can't wait for it!!!

Me89

Post by Me89 » Sep 14th, '06, 05:21

OST OST where r u?? Sob Sob...

SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SacredCultivator » Sep 14th, '06, 05:24

Me89 wrote:OST OST where r u?? Sob Sob...
Hehe it is hiding from you right now, just wait patiently and it will be avaialble soon, I mean.. it IS only the first day it has been released ^_^

Me89

Post by Me89 » Sep 14th, '06, 05:48

LoL true... Hope it will pop out soon...

jimmo

Post by jimmo » Sep 14th, '06, 06:04

Taiyou no Uta Acoustic Tab Chords

Intro:

G C G C

G D em C
furuete iru watashi no te ni hajimete kimi ga furete
G D em C
yasashii kimochi atataka sa ni yatto kizuitanda
am D am bm
tozashita mado akereba atarashii kaze ga fuita

C D G em
waratte naite kimi to deaete
C bm em E
mieru sekai wa kagayaki dashita
C D G em
himawari yureru taiyou no shita de
am bm G C em C
kanjite ita kaze wo hibi wo...

G D em C
shinjiru koto mayou koto mo tachidomaru koto mo zenbu
G D em C
watashi ga ima koko de ikiteru kotae kamoshirenai
am D am bm
monokuro no mainichi ga irozuite iku you ni

C D G em
C bm em E
tsuzuku mirai wa kagayaite ita
C D G em
am bm
watashi no mama ashita wo utau yo...

G C D G em..

C
kagiri ni nai hibi mo
C
tomaranai jikan mo
em G
dore na ke aiseru kana
G am
aiseru yo ne
am em C
kimi ga ireba futari sae mo
D C D
sorasanaide...

C D G em
C bm em E
C D G em
am bm

C D G em
arigatou tsutaetai ima nara ieru yo
C bm em E
sugoshita kisetsu mo wasure wa shinai yo
C D G em
himawari yureru taiyou no you ni
am bm G
watashi no uta kimi wo terasu yo...

C D G em C D G…

watashi no mama...
kimi o....
kimi o....

Enjoy.. Jin
Last edited by jimmo on Sep 28th, '06, 07:15, edited 1 time in total.

goygakgoy

Post by goygakgoy » Sep 14th, '06, 06:07

Hey, thanks a lot.

by any chance can u make a video of yourself playing on youtube?
thanks

goy
jimmo wrote:Taiyou no Uta Acoustic Chords

Intro:

G C G C

G D em C
furuete iru watashi no te ni hajimete kimi ga furete
G D em C
yasashii kimochi atataka sa ni yatto kizuitanda
am D am bm
tozashita mado akereba atarashii kaze ga fuita

C D G em
C bm em E
mieru sekai wa kagayaki dashita
C D G em
am bm G C em C
kanjite ita kaze wo hibi wo...

G D em C
shinjiru koto mayou koto mo tachidomaru koto mo zenbu
G D em C
watashi ga ima koko de ikiteru kotae kamoshirenai
am D am bm
monokuro no mainichi ga irozuite iku you ni

C D G em
C bm em E
C D G em
am bm

G C D G em..

C
kagiri ni nai hibi mo
C
tomaranai jikan mo
em G
dore na ke aiseru kana
G am
aiseru yo ne
am em C
kimi ga ireba futari sae mo
D C D
sorasanaide...

C D G em
C bm em E
C D G em
am bm

C D G em
arigatou tsutaetai ima nara ieru yo
C bm em E
sugoshita kisetsu mo wasure wa shinai yo
C D G em
himawari yureru taiyou no you ni
am bm G
watashi no uta kimi wo terasu yo...

C D G em C D G…

watashi no mama...
kimi o....
kimi o....

Enjoy.. Jin

lailoken

Post by lailoken » Sep 14th, '06, 18:44

OMG OMG OMG GUITAR TABSS!!! time to get the old girl out of the closet and start playing XD

Kawaii Kinomoto

Post by Kawaii Kinomoto » Sep 14th, '06, 18:58

DAMN i wish i knew how to play guitar!! when i started watching taiyou no uta i tried to learn but gave up after like 5 minutes :P

TG3

Post by TG3 » Sep 15th, '06, 16:59

#1 Song in Japan this week is...

Kaoru Amane - Taiyou no Uta

Amazing, it beat out everything even though it's in its 2nd week. They'll probably use this bit in the last episode.. that she scores a #1 hit
before she dies
http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/w/

kennyboy

Post by kennyboy » Sep 15th, '06, 18:45

TG3 wrote:#1 Song in Japan this week is...

Kaoru Amane - Taiyou no Uta

Amazing, it beat out everything even though it's in its 2nd week. They'll probably use this bit in the last episode.. that she scores a #1 hit
before she dies
http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/w/
crap...the ending is pretty sad....
she dies before even their debut
arrrgggghhhhhhh......

Snowboard

Post by Snowboard » Sep 16th, '06, 15:36

whatttttt the ending crapppp....Noooooooo i don't want lol.....But anyway cannot wait to see her next drama lol.............Erika sawajiri is the best....

kennyboy

Post by kennyboy » Sep 16th, '06, 17:24

i'm kinda split between the ending. it maxes out the sadness, but one wishes she had to leave this world more happily.

I'm sure what i've said is not a spoiler per se.... all those watching knew what had to happen to her in the end.

Looking forward to her next drama. And no more dying please.

wing0

Post by wing0 » Sep 16th, '06, 20:35

anybody know where to get the piano sheet/score??

Don't even have a guitar, but really want to try learning it...hope still got some of those music cells in me..

lailoken

Post by lailoken » Sep 16th, '06, 23:37

kennyboy wrote:i'm kinda split between the ending. it maxes out the sadness, but one wishes she had to leave this world more happily.

I'm sure what i've said is not a spoiler per se.... all those watching knew what had to happen to her in the end.

So did u see the ending? AND NOOOOOOO =(

kennyboy

Post by kennyboy » Sep 17th, '06, 03:33

lailoken wrote:
kennyboy wrote:i'm kinda split between the ending. it maxes out the sadness, but one wishes she had to leave this world more happily.

So did u see the ending? AND NOOOOOOO =(
of course i did..... heh.

lailoken

Post by lailoken » Sep 17th, '06, 06:15

BOOOO =(

I hope she does happier dramas later, and not movies with ugly co-stars lol.... COUGH SUGAR AND SPICE COUGH.

AiAiZXY

Post by AiAiZXY » Sep 17th, '06, 16:47

Anyone know a Clubbox where I can download this that has ALL the episodes? x_x

SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SacredCultivator » Sep 17th, '06, 18:27

@AiAiZXY: Are you talking about the RAWS or the Subbed/ Because if RAW's why can't you just download them from DA? I mean they are all on here...

Romance

Post by Romance » Sep 17th, '06, 20:46

thanks to everyone subbing and so on, but i found this drama to be boring and not exciting at all.. not even close to one litre of tears, not even touching :/

SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SacredCultivator » Sep 17th, '06, 21:00

LOL that is probably becuase it ISN'T 1 Litre of Tears =P... But of course everyone has their opinions on different things despite if it is played by someone they like (Or in most cases typecast).. So in my opinion I actually prefer this one over 1 Litre of Tears. But yeah.. hehe just my opinion.

Romance

Post by Romance » Sep 17th, '06, 21:22

oh please kid... i compared it because it features the same main actress, has the same type of story and so on.. jus that this one didnt hit me as one litre. yueah everyone got their own opinion, this was just mine

lailoken

Post by lailoken » Sep 17th, '06, 22:27

Romance wrote:oh please kid... i compared it because it features the same main actress, has the same type of story and so on.. jus that this one didnt hit me as one litre. yueah everyone got their own opinion, this was just mine
You dont have to be a dickhead about it.

You dont like it

We do.

SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SacredCultivator » Sep 17th, '06, 22:37

Meh >< Didn't have to start out with 'oh please kid'.. I mean I wasn't meaning any bad in what I said so you didn't need to take it too personally. I mean.. if you didn't watch 1 Litre of Tears and started with this... Do you think your opinion would be different?

Romance

Post by Romance » Sep 17th, '06, 22:40

haha

lailoken

Post by lailoken » Sep 17th, '06, 22:41

SacredCultivator wrote:Meh >< Didn't have to start out with 'oh please kid'.. I mean I wasn't meaning any bad in what I said so you didn't need to take it too personally. I mean.. if you didn't watch 1 Litre of Tears and started with this... Do you think your opinion would be different?
I actually started with this and then watched 1 litre of tears.

And well I thought that 1 litre of tears was a lil too much, if you know what i mean lol...

Romance

Post by Romance » Sep 17th, '06, 22:42

lets be friends :wub:

SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SacredCultivator » Sep 17th, '06, 22:43

@Lailoken: Hehe I can understand what you mean by a little too much for 1LoT's, and Taiyou No Uta is slightly emm 'less saddening'? Wrong word choice, but then can't think of another term. But yeah this one is a little more 'cheery' because she is enjoying herself and the time that she has left. But I do find that a little awkward that you started with this first then 1LoT.

Anyway... Just can't wait to finish this to see how it turns out.. As sometimes Dramas can be great and the ending just blows ><

P.S: @Romance: Wub?

lailoken

Post by lailoken » Sep 18th, '06, 00:25

SacredCultivator wrote:@Lailoken: Hehe I can understand what you mean by a little too much for 1LoT's, and Taiyou No Uta is slightly emm 'less saddening'? Wrong word choice, but then can't think of another term. But yeah this one is a little more 'cheery' because she is enjoying herself and the time that she has left. But I do find that a little awkward that you started with this first then 1LoT.

Anyway... Just can't wait to finish this to see how it turns out.. As sometimes Dramas can be great and the ending just blows ><

P.S: @Romance: Wub?

Hahaha its because my friends kept on repeating the disease name of 1LoT, and it got annoying AND I didnt know erika was this hot XD

Chikan

Post by Chikan » Sep 18th, '06, 09:49

Ah, watched the final episode, kinda sad to see the show has low ratings and such, its may not be that good of a drama, but decent nonetheless. I want more of Erika though. :lol
the ending was pretty sad, what made it worst was that she didnt get to sing first. but still this is nothing compared to her 1LOT hit. I really hope there wont be anymore dying from her next dramas, prefer a comedy or sumthing for a change.

openingrun

Post by openingrun » Sep 18th, '06, 17:54

I think its a great drama so far! It's also funny in some parts as well. I'm downloading episode 7 right now, so hopefully I'll get to watch that tonight. :D

jimmo

Post by jimmo » Sep 19th, '06, 03:52

imo, the best part about this series is the music, that's about it..

lailoken

Post by lailoken » Sep 19th, '06, 03:57

jimmo wrote:imo, the best part about this series is the music, that's about it..

+ erika

duh