Which One Is Your favourite taiwanese drama??

Discuss chinese drama series here.

which is your favourite taiwanese drama?

Poll ended at Jun 11th, '06, 06:04

Devil beside you
17%
It started with a kiss
37%
KO One
No votes
KO One
No votes
The prince who turns into a frog
13%
100% Senorita
1%
Meteor Garden
12%
Green forest, my home
4%
Love magician
No votes
Mars
16%

Total votes: 144

Kim Yunmi

Post by Kim Yunmi » Aug 23rd, '06, 06:42

It Started With a Kiss, admittedly dragged, however it was far more compelling than the other stories. It dealt with the mundane and moved up the ladder showing the development of a romantic relationship not over just a few months, but years and years of development. Even the "perfect" male lead becomes more and more fallible. The acting in it was very good an entertaining.

I've seen Ariel's other performances, and she's ranged from the pretty girl that's agonizing to the girl that feels left out of everything, to the girl that's stupid. She manages to pull of that performance here with believability. As a girl that's not good at anything, but loves the male lead blindly, and through her liking him, she changes fundamentally who she is and he is--the compelling part of the story is not the sizzling chemistry, but the slow deliberate movement and development of the characters that I doubt either Japan nor Korea could pull off in any of their moving media. (Yes, I know it was based on a manga).

The directing is superb, and the chemistry isn't terrible as I've seen in other dramas. Plus the cast seemed to have a lot of fun, especially with the director pulling pranks once in a while, Ariel laughing at Joe Cheng, and a bit of chemistry of their own.

Joe Cheng I didn't think of much until I saw the Rose... these two performances are definitely opposing to each other. One so subtle that it's hard to look away lest you miss something. And one so eccentric you wonder if some such exists.

It stuck to the manga to the point that I could read a manga synopsis and know what happens next. And this is where I felt Meteor Garden horribly failed.

Devil Beside You was perverse, yet the chemistry made up for it, however, it could not separate itself for me from the feeling that the actors themselves were emitting. Rainie just couldn't pull off the totally innocent vibe for me. I kept feeling her ambitions throughout the drama and a side that she dragged in without knowing an ounce about her. Mike He was quite good. Some places the feeling was just that little tick off... and I couldn't figure out why. Devil Beside You II I wonder if it will suffer from the lead actor's break up because I doubt Rainie can separate her feelings that well.

As for Mars I read the manga and pretty much disliked it from the get go. Even after 3 episodes I couldn't get into it which for me is drama death.

Out of all the second seasons I'd like to see I'm dying to see It Started with a Kiss. The director has a good sense of humor and some really compelling shot work as well as a clear understanding of the manga and the plotting. However, I hope for a bit of artistic license when he gets to the end to have some kind of resolution. I have a lot of faith that he knows how to make the characters evolve in a slow and convincing way (which is the major appeal of this drama), so that by the end you feel they have evolved, but not fundamentally changed beyond recognition. So when you look at the end you think to yourself, wow... this character has really grown. But while watching it you didn't realize it for a second.

I also like The Rose a lot too, but that's not on the list.

sour_pickles

Post by sour_pickles » Aug 26th, '06, 07:59

Kim Yunmi wrote:I also like The Rose a lot too, but that's not on the list.
yeah my vote would go the The Rose too if it were up there. but since it's not, my vote goes to meteor garden, 'cuz after watching it twice i still wasn't bored of it. after the third time though, that's a different story...

sheian06

Post by sheian06 » Aug 26th, '06, 14:26

It started with a kiss is a sure hit for me!

I really like their OST but it is taking me century to download it. gosh im just 50% away from fully downloading it but then... i dont know whats happening my speed from 10 fluctuated to 0.1. i have paused it and restarted my computer to increase speed at my fresh log but then again, it fluctuated again.

i dont knw what to do! help

dummy

Post by dummy » Sep 9th, '06, 06:18

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!! it's it started with a kiss of course......joe cheng is soooo sexy...LOL and devil beside you :P :P :D :lol :wub:
Attachments
sorrie he is mine ...LOL
sorrie he is mine ...LOL
m sorryiloveu.jpg (19.14 KiB) Viewed 3417 times
she is sooo pretty
she is sooo pretty
1121120674_0.gif (54.06 KiB) Viewed 3417 times

kodoko

Post by kodoko » Sep 10th, '06, 02:39

The prince who turns into a frog. Gosh, it makes me addicted to taiwanese drama.

xhong

Post by xhong » Sep 10th, '06, 02:45

I love.....It started with a kiss!! :D

thislove

Post by thislove » Sep 15th, '06, 05:07

I would hab voted for Prince Turns Into Frog

qingtianwawa

Post by qingtianwawa » Sep 15th, '06, 15:10

I would have vote for devil beside you and KO one as both the show was very nice and I can't decide which to vote for if I only get to vote for one. By the way, KO one is starring fahrenheit, the new boy band in taiwan with 4 cute guys making up the band. :wub:

muffin707

Post by muffin707 » Sep 22nd, '06, 14:10

Kim Yunmi wrote:It Started With a Kiss, admittedly dragged, however it was far more compelling than the other stories. It dealt with the mundane and moved up the ladder showing the development of a romantic relationship not over just a few months, but years and years of development. Even the "perfect" male lead becomes more and more fallible. The acting in it was very good an entertaining.

I've seen Ariel's other performances, and she's ranged from the pretty girl that's agonizing to the girl that feels left out of everything, to the girl that's stupid. She manages to pull of that performance here with believability. As a girl that's not good at anything, but loves the male lead blindly, and through her liking him, she changes fundamentally who she is and he is--the compelling part of the story is not the sizzling chemistry, but the slow deliberate movement and development of the characters that I doubt either Japan nor Korea could pull off in any of their moving media. (Yes, I know it was based on a manga).

The directing is superb, and the chemistry isn't terrible as I've seen in other dramas. Plus the cast seemed to have a lot of fun, especially with the director pulling pranks once in a while, Ariel laughing at Joe Cheng, and a bit of chemistry of their own.

Joe Cheng I didn't think of much until I saw the Rose... these two performances are definitely opposing to each other. One so subtle that it's hard to look away lest you miss something. And one so eccentric you wonder if some such exists.

Devil Beside You was perverse, yet the chemistry made up for it, however, it could not separate itself for me from the feeling that the actors themselves were emitting. Rainie just couldn't pull off the totally innocent vibe for me. I kept feeling her ambitions throughout the drama and a side that she dragged in without knowing an ounce about her. Mike He was quite good. Some places the feeling was just that little tick off... and I couldn't figure out why. Devil Beside You II I wonder if it will suffer from the lead actor's break up because I doubt Rainie can separate her feelings that well.
What you wrote about ISWAK was spot on. On the surface it seems like a simple story but the more you watch it , the more complicated it gets. I really like how Joe gradually changed from a cold uncaring person to a warnhearted person because of Ariel. I couldnt stand Devil Beside You, Rainie's acting seemed forced and unnatural same with Mike, he wasnt devilish enough for me. Couldn't watch it pass ep. 3.

The Frog Prince was great. Definitely a lot of chemistry between MD and QE. :P

sarahvang

Post by sarahvang » Jan 19th, '07, 18:39

totally love ISWAK coming if compared to devil beside you i would have to say iswak!!1 why? because the storyline i just love it, on the other hand DBY is good only because of the chemistry between the two actors but then the story is so like iono fake? there's way to much drama that appears outta no where, the chemistry between them is awsome no doubt but then thee story is so-so not all the great. Other then that i would have to say iswak111 it gets you hooked, you just keep on wondering whats gonna happen next? iono it's a cliff hanger. :mrgreen:

I CAN'T COMPARE ISWAK TO MARS WHY? WELL MARS IS A DRAMA SERIES AND ISWAK AND DBY AND PRINCE/FROG ARE COMEDY. Over all the seires sums up to be very good, they have there ways of being good so yeah. :D know i mean> they have the good and bad about them, i just really loved iswak though. and i've completed all the series i finished all them so yeah.

arabian

Post by arabian » Jan 19th, '07, 18:44

It started with a kiss..

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Jan 20th, '07, 16:26

bioshiva07 wrote:i meant to vote for MARS but accidently did meteor garden. Mars is so well crafted and the plot never gets boring. with the other ones that i've seen, the plot got kind of slow sometimes. MARS also had a great OST. the acting wasn't "exaggerated" too, like what some actresses do.
I completely agree. Many people don't seem to like it though. But the acting was excellent (Vic Zhou really improved from Meteor Garden) and again it wasn't as exaggerated as in DBY or ISWAK. There was great chemistry between the two and it dealt with deeper issues (not just a typical girl likes boy, boy likes girl storyline). I loved the manga as well.

ladymenot

Post by ladymenot » Jan 20th, '07, 18:10

wow! didn't realise it started with a kiss is a really popular show. I didn't like i find the girl realllyyyyyyyyyyy annoying. prefered the other guy than the hero anyways.

am really really enjoying hana kimi right now. =)

I LOVE meteor garden and devil beside you!

ladymenot

Post by ladymenot » Jan 20th, '07, 18:35

qingtianwawa wrote:I would have vote for devil beside you and KO one as both the show was very nice and I can't decide which to vote for if I only get to vote for one. By the way, KO one is starring fahrenheit, the new boy band in taiwan with 4 cute guys making up the band. :wub:
i havent seen K0 one. whats it about?? issit good??

Arasso_80

Post by Arasso_80 » Feb 9th, '07, 04:13

1) Prince turn into frog
2) Devil beside you
3) Meteor Garden
4) Mr.Fighting
4) It's started with a kiss

flaming0duckie

Post by flaming0duckie » Feb 9th, '07, 05:38

I personally loved Magicians of Love. :D

SunStar

Post by SunStar » Feb 9th, '07, 05:48

i really liked:

1. MARS
2. IT STARTED WITH A KISS
3. DEVIL BESIDE YOU
4. METEOR GARDEN 1
5. MAGICIANS OF LOVE

i certainly haven't seen those other ones yet...so yeah....

nigoat
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nigoat » Feb 12th, '07, 02:43

ISWAK for sure for sure for sure...
LOVE the characters in it and the wonderful acting skills.
although i agree with the opinion about how it gets draggy in the middle but still at the end it was totally rewarding...

flaming0duckie

Post by flaming0duckie » Feb 12th, '07, 02:44

Hell I love all the dramas with Ming Dao in it. :D

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Feb 12th, '07, 02:59

Hm...I LOVE ISWAK AND MARS and i like DBY. I think ISWAK is kinda unrealistic, while Mars has its VERY boring point where they just talk on and on and on without any feelings put behind the talk, and DBY has some very very very bad acting in it which made it emberessing to watch, but i still like it...not the end though, hate the DBY end. and i haven't watched the other 1s. So for first place i'd put ISWAK AND MARS. =D

nigoat
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nigoat » Feb 12th, '07, 03:33

DMPA wrote:Hm...I LOVE ISWAK AND MARS and i like DBY. I think ISWAK is kinda unrealistic, while Mars has its VERY boring point where they just talk on and on and on without any feelings put behind the talk, and DBY has some very very very bad acting in it which made it emberessing to watch, but i still like it...not the end though, hate the DBY end. and i haven't watched the other 1s. So for first place i'd put ISWAK AND MARS. =D
...e...e...excuse me?!!!!!!! ur saying that ISWAK is unrealistic??? well from my point of view it's probably one of the most realistic and laid-back TW idol drama ever! i'm not saying that unrealistic dramas are bad..but hey i cant agree with u about this...
~OMG y am i so serious i'm like obsessed...~

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Feb 12th, '07, 03:37

lol!! what i mean is. it is realistic to a certain point. Becasue the chance of her house being the only one destroyed, and her moving into his house, and his mother being totally FOR her instead of for someone more educated is just abit too much of a fairy-tale, other then that i think too that it is one of the most realistic dramas out there. =D and it's ok, we all have our obssesion times =)

Shin_

Post by Shin_ » Feb 12th, '07, 03:46

Devil beside you <3

i liked It started with a kiss but...well nothing happen ,it's boring after 4 or 5 episodes :glare: :wub:

nigoat
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nigoat » Feb 12th, '07, 03:54

DMPA wrote:lol!! what i mean is. it is realistic to a certain point. Becasue the chance of her house being the only one destroyed, and her moving into his house, and his mother being totally FOR her instead of for someone more educated is just abit too much of a fairy-tale, other then that i think too that it is one of the most realistic dramas out there. =D and it's ok, we all have our obssesion times =)
um yeah this i agree with u i just wanna mention this thing i heard cuz i thought it was so funny:
the real reason why Xiang Qing's house was the only one destroyed was explained in the TWdrama KO ONE: this guy with his super-power(apparently everyone has super power in ko one) throws sumthing becuz he's jealous or something and then ...scene where Xiang Qing's house went down/// GAGAGA~so it wasnt by chance huh? (wait actually it IS, her house being the one that got hit...) o well~
Last edited by nigoat on Feb 12th, '07, 04:37, edited 1 time in total.

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Feb 12th, '07, 03:58

@nigoat: lol! greeeaaaat.

bebemup

Post by bebemup » Feb 15th, '07, 22:53

<3333 DEVIL BESIDE YOU!! the story and cast was just waaaay too cuute, it was also my first drama everr && mike me was sooo hoot!

ISWAK was good too and the ending waas really cuute, but for me, it felt as if it dragged on at some parts

as for meteor garden.. i prefer/enjoy watching Hana Yori Dango!!

DTLCT
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by DTLCT » Feb 18th, '07, 02:13

The Magicians Of Love - so good and short

maries

Post by maries » Feb 18th, '07, 02:34

Mars. It's different...not a common story.

Keymaker

Post by Keymaker » Feb 18th, '07, 02:50

Mars. It is the most dude-show of the bunch. DUUUUUUUDE!

luvergurl

Post by luvergurl » Feb 18th, '07, 03:19

1. Mars
2.ISWK
3.Devil Beside You
4.The Prince that turn into a frog (sowwy if i put the wrong tittle ^.^;)

That rest i think they are boring

QNSpider

Post by QNSpider » Feb 19th, '07, 03:27

ISWAK FTW! 8)

Shunbaby

Post by Shunbaby » Feb 20th, '07, 02:19

Devil besides You is the best!

fan-ta-xi

Post by fan-ta-xi » Apr 24th, '07, 07:20

it started with a kiss was so sweeeeet :wub: i enjoyed Ko one but the acting was just too fake and exaggerated, its good though if you just want comedy xD

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Apr 24th, '07, 07:35

MARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Sia

Post by Sia » Apr 29th, '07, 04:01

To date it's It Started with a kiss!!!!!!!!!!!

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » Apr 29th, '07, 04:25

This is so easy.............. :D

Of course it's MARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

It's the best drama i've seen! i LOVE this serie a lot!

JlovesVan

Post by JlovesVan » May 23rd, '07, 22:56

I don't think I could chose LOL Mars was so amazing but I think for me it was a tie between Meteor Garden and DBY

nfl0nza

Post by nfl0nza » May 27th, '07, 01:52

Hands down...DEVIL BESIDE YOU! Mike He fits the role really well! ISWAK comes close second, and then MARS follows. I just personally don't have the attention span for long (+20) series (but ISWAK and MARS were able to grab it long enough ;D)

btw, what about Smiling Pasta as an option? (not my fav though =\ Full House was better!)

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » May 27th, '07, 02:04

MARS AND IT STARTED WITH A KISS

MARS MADE ME CRY A LOT T.T
AND
IT STARTED WITH A KISS MADE ME LAUGH A LOT xD

viet_la_amour

Post by viet_la_amour » May 27th, '07, 02:16

Devil Beside You=weird
It Started With A Kiss=weird&stupid
KO One=saw a bit, don't know yet.
Prince Turns Into Frog=good, good.
100% Senorita=AWFUL.
Meteor Garde=GETS MY VOTE!!! I love Barbie Xu!!
Green Forest=haven't seen.
Magicians of Love=watched a bit, was pretty good.
MARS=awww.. this was so good, but it got to the scary part.. and I wimped out and never finished the end lol.

zooey
Philippines

Post by zooey » May 27th, '07, 02:59

Given the choices, I'd have to say MARS.

ISWAKrocks

Post by ISWAKrocks » May 31st, '07, 02:22

ouuuu, dis is hard, it's between ISWAK & Prince TIAF, hmmmm
okay, i've decided ISWAK....no Prince TIAF....no ISWAK.... darn it... can't decide *rolling my eyes*
I'll vote for both :P

im gonna watch Mars now, since so many ppl loved it...

Fin_gurly

Post by Fin_gurly » Jun 5th, '07, 14:01

Mars:so good and so sad..i just love how vic and barbie are acting(love vic and Barbie :wub: )
ISWAK:soooo funny(i also love Joe's laugh, it so ... :wub: )
Devi Beside you: Really cool.. :thumleft:
KO one:i've only seen one episode so..
Magicians of Love:i love it!!it was my first asian drama..sam wang :wub: LOL
Prince turn into frog:well i watched besauce Ming Dao and it was ok...
Meteor Garden: OMG!!really good i still prefer this version than HYD.. :lol

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Jun 5th, '07, 18:37

GAH! How come everybody likes ISWAK? I don't know... I can't stand stupid girls (except in Smiling Pasta).

My favorites (in no particular order):

Meteor Garden!
Devil Beside You
Smiling Pasta (Nic Teo!!! :wub: )
Corner With Love
Hana Kimi (but I haven't watched the last episode yet, as a matter of principal)

current favorite (still airing):

18 Jin Bu Jin :lol

cassy_clim8

Post by cassy_clim8 » Jun 7th, '07, 04:37

ok this is easy....

iswak -- i've never laughed so hard in a series!!
dby -- sooooo romantic
smiling pasta -- funny too. compared to Joe's character, Nic's character is more sensitive and understanding towards cyndi....

yeah me too, looks like i'll be watching mars based on the feedback on this thread....well after i've watched hana kimi....it's next on my list aside from why why love among others.hihihihi

the reason why i loved these series is because there's no serious villain that you'd get soooo mad you'd end up having a heart attack....hihihihi....they are all feel good series....

cassy_clim8

Post by cassy_clim8 » Jun 7th, '07, 04:41

hehehehe....sorry although smiling pasta is not in the list, i just added it....

n00bie

Post by n00bie » Jun 14th, '07, 02:06

it started with a kiss

that was the first series i saw, was awesome :D

lovenote

Post by lovenote » Jun 18th, '07, 12:38

MARS all the way 8)

Naguoki

Post by Naguoki » Jun 18th, '07, 19:59

Mars definitely!

notimeforfairytales

Post by notimeforfairytales » Jun 18th, '07, 20:12

It's a tie between ISWaK, The Magicians of Love and Prince turns to Frog (as for thw two latter ones: there's just something about Ming Dao that makes you wanna watch more..)

cherry77

Post by cherry77 » Aug 15th, '07, 06:47

my fav as below..

1) Devil beside you
2) Mars
3) Meteor Garden part 1

Goodnessgracious

Post by Goodnessgracious » Aug 15th, '07, 08:54

Definetely ISWAK. Ariel Lin is such an amazing actress.
Second place goes to Devil Beside You.

saby

Post by saby » Aug 15th, '07, 09:36

mars

haywon

Post by haywon » Aug 15th, '07, 09:44

prince turns into frog is really good, magicians of love is quite good but its okay and thats the only dramas i've watched lol

ECENTERPRISE

Post by ECENTERPRISE » Aug 15th, '07, 11:00

For me it's MARS.... I like it's depth.....it's a mind challenging drama...
The actors were really good with portraying their roles...... I would like to point out Ling, Qi Luo and Tong Dao there.... I love their characters....

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Aug 15th, '07, 11:12

meteor garden, love at the dolphin bay, 100% senorita and it started with a kiss :whistling:

Deedlith

Post by Deedlith » Sep 14th, '07, 15:39

I tried every drama mentionned above and got bored with all except Prince turns into Frog which is one my favorite drama ever.

Still redownloading It started with a Kiss because It looks fun but I already tried watching it and gave up after 5 episodes...

shiawase1688

Post by shiawase1688 » Sep 19th, '07, 10:00

Prince turns into a frog is my favourite from the list!

isalane

Post by isalane » Sep 19th, '07, 10:23

Devil beside you
and now: why why love!!!!

ngrl08

Post by ngrl08 » Nov 20th, '07, 01:15

I just finished watching Love Queen. I love it! It's so funny--basically a romantic comedy about 3 couples. really cute.

AkumaX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by AkumaX » Nov 20th, '07, 02:17

definitely Naruto.

isalane

Post by isalane » Nov 20th, '07, 18:18

Now, my prefer is "Why Why Love"

and after, "Devil Beside You" and "Smile Pasta"

xrevealx

Post by xrevealx » Apr 23rd, '08, 23:26

I looove ISWAK!
anyways, on dramawiki, it says highest rating is a 10 and ive noticed most dont go over 4...whats the hightest rating taiwanese drama? :scratch: