Bobby Lee Makes Fun Of Korean Dramas..

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
atxtomtom

Bobby Lee Makes Fun Of Korean Dramas..

Post by atxtomtom » Oct 4th, '06, 01:27

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81CtnGNCXhk

bobby lee's spoof of a korean drama with cathy shin and sung kang (fast and the furious: tokyo drift), aired on madtv a couple days ago, and it's HILARIOUS.. i like how the subs go too fast and how what he says doesn't even really match them..

smxo3o2

Post by smxo3o2 » Oct 4th, '06, 01:49

Bobby Lee can die. He is just another Long Duc Deong. If you don't know who that is, search 16 Candles.

Here is Bobby Lee when he's not acting.

What an embarrassment. Can't believe I used to support this idiot. I do agree that he is funny, but most of the time I actually laugh at him instead of with him.
Last edited by smxo3o2 on Oct 4th, '06, 22:58, edited 1 time in total.

albertoavena

Post by albertoavena » Oct 4th, '06, 02:48

I thought it was pretty funny :lol Let's try to lighten up..I'm sure (hopefully) korean drama fans don't take this too seriously..

smxo3o2

Post by smxo3o2 » Oct 4th, '06, 04:33

He's funny. I'll give him that. But there's a video floating on the internet of him going around saying some stuff he shouldn't have. It's in the link I posted. I always thought he was strange...now I know why. I wish I didn't. :cry:

But ya, thanks for the link. It was comical. Just thought others should know about him.

albertoavena

Post by albertoavena » Oct 4th, '06, 22:39

I just saw the video you posted. Those are some pretty contreversial comments. I agree with you that he shouldn't be saying such things.
Although I still think his material is pretty funny, I'm not sure If I'll see him the same way as a person.

Thanks for the link.

Felguard

Post by Felguard » Oct 4th, '06, 22:47

I know it's not right to laugh because it's disrespecting dramas, but I couldn't help myself laughing through it all the way. LMAO!

smxo3o2

Post by smxo3o2 » Oct 4th, '06, 22:48

And in case you didn't know, one of the guy he's talking to in the link I posted is the Host from Fear Factor.

berserk

Post by berserk » Oct 4th, '06, 22:49

smxo3o2 wrote:Bobby Lee can die. He is just another Long Duc Deong. If you don't know who that is, search 16 Candles.

What an embarrassment. Can't believe I used to support this idiot. I do agree that he is funny, but most of the time I actually laugh at him instead of with him.
You need to lighten up. The guy is a comedian; comedians make up dumb, outrageous crap all the time, including dissing one's own race.

And that was a terrific parody of K-dramas. How can anyone not laugh at it?

smxo3o2

Post by smxo3o2 » Oct 4th, '06, 22:56

I never said it wasn't funny. I just said I don't see him in the same light again ever since I saw that vid of him which has been floating around the internet. And I wasn't referring to the Kdrama parody. Did you even bother reading what I wrote or even checking the link I posted instead of posting some reactionary post?

jess7ca

Post by jess7ca » Oct 4th, '06, 23:02

I loved it LOL even though at first when I first saw this link I was like "OMGGGG STUPID BOBBY LEE, I HATE YOU NOW" but then when I watched it.. I really couldnt resist laughing XD

berserk

Post by berserk » Oct 4th, '06, 23:03

smxo3o2 wrote:I never said it wasn't funny. I just said I don't see him in the same light again ever since I saw that vid of him which has been floating around the internet. And I wasn't referring to the Kdrama parody. Did you even bother reading what I wrote or even checking the link I posted?
Of course I checked out the link. My first comment was referring to that deathsquad vid with Joe Rogan. You need to to lighten up. Seriously. Getting all worked up over a mere 3-minute shtick.

smxo3o2

Post by smxo3o2 » Oct 4th, '06, 23:08

Ha, you're the one having a heart attack over my comments. I seriously think you should lighten up. I just thought I''d let other people see the real Bobby Lee. This stuff has actually been circulating around the internet. I just thought I'd post it.

But I didn't expect somebody to be offended by what I wrote. Maybe to you I'm worked up but from the looks of it, you're getting quite worked up over my comments. You needa calm
down. Here's a smiley face. :D

Icalcan

Post by Icalcan » Oct 4th, '06, 23:12

smxo3o2 wrote:And in case you didn't know, one of the guy he's talking to in the link I posted is the Host from Fear Factor.
I recognized the bastard, thanks for reminding all of us about the crap that goes on behind the scene and the stage. I am so glad I have never watched any of the reality crap shows. This shows that they are in "reality" after the audiences and ratings, and don't give a damn about the people.

berserk

Post by berserk » Oct 4th, '06, 23:19

smxo3o2 wrote:Ha, you're the one having a heart attack over my comments. I seriously think you should lighten up. I just thought I''d let other people see the real Bobby Lee. But I didn't expect somebody to be offended by what I wrote.
The original poster started a thread about a hilarious K-drama parody from Mad TV. WIthout even commenting on the said video, you jump in calling Bobby Lee an idiot and saying that he can die--all based on some 3-minute improv bit he did for Joe Rogan's online comedy show.
Who's the one overreacting. Gimme a break.[/quote]

smxo3o2

Post by smxo3o2 » Oct 4th, '06, 23:25

Wow, and who took my comments so damn seriously. I guess what I wrote must've made you red, huh? I thought he's an idiot and I stated it, especially for his comments and actions. And somebody had a heart attack. Please. You gimme a break.
smxo3o2 wrote:But ya, thanks for the link. It was comical.
I later stated my opinion on the kdrama parody. Apparently somebody was too red to see it. I actually just posted what I thought of him and what I thought was relevant to Bobby Lee since it's obviously gonna be posted later on. Don't have a heart attack grandpa.

berserk

Post by berserk » Oct 4th, '06, 23:34

Yes, I'm a grandpa and you made me have a heart attack, little child. I also crapped my pants. Now I need to change my depends and get ready for bingo night at the senior center. Bye bye.

smxo3o2

Post by smxo3o2 » Oct 4th, '06, 23:36

Well, remember to take me along with you next time. :D

Bai bai.

Geezer

Post by Geezer » Oct 5th, '06, 00:03

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but that's not a private conversation Bobby Lee is having with Joe Rogan.

Bobby knew he was being filmed. He wasn't acting, but he wasn't showing anyone the "real" Bobby Lee either. He was goofing.

Get out more. Go to a comedy club and hang out near the comics. Comics love to top one another. To say something that will shock another comic, so they say, and do, the most outrageous, most politically incorrect things they can think of.

Bobby was making that nonsense up as he went along just to "get" Rogan.

albertoavena

Post by albertoavena » Oct 5th, '06, 06:26

Sounded pretty serious but hopefully your right on him "goofing". But still, even for just "goofing off" Don't you think it's crosses the line? It's probably worst that he knew he was being filmed..

Geezer

Post by Geezer » Oct 5th, '06, 06:51

Crosses the line?

My goodness, he started running, got up to speed, and jumped over the line while shooting off roman candles and making a rude gesture at the line while he was going over it.

He wanted to shock Rogan and Rogan's audience. And for all Joe Rogan's TV work, what with "News Radio" and "Fear Factor"... if you haven't seen him live, I'll tell you... Rogan is one of the filthiest, most foul mouthed, politically incorrect comics working today.

To get Rogan to drop his jaw, you have to be willing to say some pretty out there things. And if you stop for a moment and think about the things Lee said... you have to know he was making it up as he went.

The jokes comics tell to other comics are not the same ones they use on stage. Probably the best example of that is a movie called "The Aristocrats" by Penn GIllette.

smxo3o2

Post by smxo3o2 » Oct 5th, '06, 06:55

Right.. I'm sure if he was black and said something similiar he'd get nothing but a trip to the hospital.

Actually nm that, have him say that stuff to my friends and he'll get a taste of their fists. They apparently didn't find that stuff funny at all and god forbid if they ever see him...

It doesn't matter what he tells his buddies. He should've kept it just between them. It's like if a friend of mine called me the N* word or the C* word, it's between us. Now if I had that taped and put on out for others to see. That is asking for a whooping. Now that is straight up offending.

groink

Post by groink » Oct 5th, '06, 07:01

Geezer wrote:"The Aristocrats" by Penn GIllette.
Aaaaah, man!!! I saw that movie on HBO. Gross and funny at the same time. Yes, I totally agree that Bobby was just trying to step up one level above Joe with his version of "Shock & Awe". And The Aristocrats is a very good comparison of this; each comedian basically tries to become more grotesque than any other comedian, but at the same time stay within the theme, which is usually involves incest, f**king someone up the *whoop*whoooooo*, and so forth. Anyone ever heard the song "So What?" which Metallica once covered on their Japanese import of the Black Album? Just as gross.

--- groink

smxo3o2

Post by smxo3o2 » Oct 5th, '06, 07:04

Probably the best example of that is a movie called "The Aristocrats" by Penn GIllette
Exactly. A movie. The difference between that clip and "The Aristocrats" is one is a movie, the other's not.

I will never see him the same again. *Shakes head.

AsusCool

Post by AsusCool » Oct 5th, '06, 07:10

DAMN, Bobby Lee is probably one of the most funniest korean comedian guys i've seen. Although I don't get why some of you guys here gets mad just because he made fun of drama. Whats the point of having a comdian when people would get offended by what he says. I just have to say this but for those who do get offended, does your life evolves around dramas?.

smxo3o2

Post by smxo3o2 » Oct 5th, '06, 07:11

AsusCool wrote:DAMN, Bobby Lee is probably one of the most funniest korean comedian guys i've seen. Although I don't get why some of you guys here gets mad just because he made fun of drama. Whats the point of having a comdian when people would get offended by what he says. I just have to say this but for those who do get offended, does your life evolves around dramas?.

I'm still grossed out by the fact that he went down on his male cousin. Ew.
Last edited by smxo3o2 on Oct 5th, '06, 07:24, edited 1 time in total.

impression151

Post by impression151 » Oct 5th, '06, 07:11

smxo3o2 wrote:
Probably the best example of that is a movie called "The Aristocrats" by Penn GIllette
Exactly. A movie. The difference between that clip and "The Aristocrats" is one is a movie, the other's not.

I will never see him the same again. *Shakes head.
I'd just like to say "huh?" And I didn't find the clip offensive at all. Hell, I've seen him deep throat the mic at a comedy show. And yes, I'm Asian, blah blah blah, like that even matters.

AsusCool

Post by AsusCool » Oct 5th, '06, 07:36

I totally agree with impression151. What's there to get mad about, he is just being who he is and dont forget he is a comedian, so yea most of what he said in the clip was a joke. It's funny because when an asian talks **** about another asian the other person is going like "why is he talking BS about his own kind?". You guys know what im saying.

BTW I am an asian too.
Last edited by AsusCool on Oct 5th, '06, 07:53, edited 1 time in total.

AsusCool

Post by AsusCool » Oct 5th, '06, 07:53

smxo3o2 the black folks use the "N" word all the time for standup comedy and it is broadcast all over the world. So what's wrong with Bobby making up some jokes. It's like he is using the N word but sounds like this "Ching Chong". Have you ever heard of that before, when a white person calls you ching chong?. Ching Chong may be offensive to those who rarely get bully by racist folks but to me it is like a black guy saying wassup "N" to his homies. Some of you here may think this is funny and I laughing my ass off while typing this too but that's how I see it as.

AsusCool

Post by AsusCool » Oct 5th, '06, 07:59

Don't hate the guy, put yourself in his position, you would of done the same. We all think differently and we say things differently and he is just putting his comedian talent to its use.

lolita637

Post by lolita637 » Oct 5th, '06, 11:04

Thank you! I saw this last saturday and was looking for this!

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Oct 5th, '06, 11:15

I don't understand the fuss over that clip, it's not even funny.

impression151

Post by impression151 » Oct 5th, '06, 15:21

bugsie wrote:I don't understand the fuss over that clip, it's not even funny.
There's really no fuss. One guy stated his opinion on Bobby Lee and others felt he was being too serious and harsh on him.

I don't really get it either. I mean, I disagree with him but I'm not going to say he's wrong though. Just like how people like K-dramas and I don't but I like X-Man which others don't. Whatever.

Catris

Post by Catris » Oct 5th, '06, 16:14

I just would like to add that if you do take what Bobby Lee said seriously (which of course I didn't - I thought it was hilarious - but I will say that I'm "white" so am not the person to get offended in the first place), you should take everything he said seriously.

So do you really care what a guy who went down on his own cousin thinks of you? I certianly wouldn't.

hepcat05

Post by hepcat05 » Oct 5th, '06, 18:11

I thought it was very funny and I haven't even watched any Korean dramas yet.

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Oct 5th, '06, 23:52

the guy is a comedian....so I think it's funny....him, in a soap opera....I don't see anything wrong about that....

Pnoy11

Post by Pnoy11 » Oct 6th, '06, 00:15

I thought that sketch was hilarious!!!

albertoavena

Post by albertoavena » Oct 6th, '06, 01:45

mimmi wrote:the guy is a comedian....so I think it's funny....him, in a soap opera....I don't see anything wrong about that....
Oh, it's not the skit that is making everyone upset, it's the link smxo3o2 posted on the first page. I think the skit is funny too but, well, just take a look at the video smxo3o2 posted.

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Oct 6th, '06, 03:03

albertoavena wrote:
mimmi wrote:the guy is a comedian....so I think it's funny....him, in a soap opera....I don't see anything wrong about that....
Oh, it's not the skit that is making everyone upset, it's the link smxo3o2 posted on the first page. I think the skit is funny too but, well, just take a look at the video smxo3o2 posted.
ok, so he's just being gross, responding to the other guys....he's a comedian, is it really happen? who knows....he's just being himself; a comedian responding to the other guys guestions, and to think deep; a smart person usually say what's the other person wants to hear to boost the listeners ego, interests, confidence, etc, etc, what so ever....only a fool listener will believe everything he/she hears.....Ok, I'm not calling anybody a fool here, I'm just trying to make clear of my opinion....I watched Jay Lenno last night....his guest was a female comedian, and she was just being herself; a comedian....saying things about small men, big men, black men, jews men and spanish men....gross? offending? who knows; just being a comedian; just and example of stereo typing comedian....sorry if anybody don't understand what I'm saying, and if I offended anybody....didn't mean to :salut:....

atxtomtom

Post by atxtomtom » Oct 6th, '06, 22:28

mimmi wrote:
albertoavena wrote:
ok, so he's just being gross, responding to the other guys....he's a comedian, is it really happen? who knows....he's just being himself; a comedian responding to the other guys guestions, and to think deep; a smart person usually say what's the other person wants to hear to boost the listeners ego, interests, confidence, etc, etc, what so ever....only a fool listener will believe everything he/she hears.....Ok, I'm not calling anybody a fool here, I'm just trying to make clear of my opinion....I watched Jay Lenno last night....his guest was a female comedian, and she was just being herself; a comedian....saying things about small men, big men, black men, jews men and spanish men....gross? offending? who knows; just being a comedian; just and example of stereo typing comedian....sorry if anybody don't understand what I'm saying, and if I offended anybody....didn't mean to :salut:....
haha, i saw that too.. 42 black men.. i was suprised.. they had jobs?? haha, priceless..

ChuChuIce

Post by ChuChuIce » Oct 6th, '06, 22:46

He sucks ... he is not funny at all x_x... is it me or :glare:

atxtomtom

Post by atxtomtom » Oct 6th, '06, 22:56

ChuChuIce wrote:He sucks ... he is not funny at all x_x... is it me or :glare:
it's you.. haha..

but yea, not everyone finds madtv or SNL funny.. i only find some of their clips to be funny

wildcard.

Post by wildcard. » Oct 6th, '06, 23:11

huh?

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Oct 8th, '06, 05:32

@ atxtomtom.....lol, that was a hilarious woman

halalsushi

Post by halalsushi » Oct 14th, '06, 17:21

Hmm, I did not find this funny at all. Bobby Lee tried too hard in my opinion. Also, the script was too short and dry.

atxtomtom

Post by atxtomtom » Oct 14th, '06, 17:58

yea, like i said, not everyone likes the skits that SNL and mad tv run..

NothingElseToLose

K-Drama Parody

Post by NothingElseToLose » Dec 26th, '07, 09:30

sorry... didn't realise this thread already existed... :cry:

StealthGnome

Post by StealthGnome » Jan 1st, '08, 07:59

Found it!

StatikSlik

Post by StatikSlik » Jan 5th, '08, 08:57

lol i love his spoofs, sometimes stereotypical as hell to us asians but he's a funny guy. I don't watch korean dramas anyways so i'm not offended lol.

ackirom

Post by ackirom » Jul 16th, '08, 23:02

Oh hey! I remember this! That skit was funny! :lol :lol I think part 2 was the funniest.

and about the deathsquad vid, iono if i'm talking abt the one every1 else is talkin abt cuz those links are dead now, but i saw this and my head was telling me it wasn't funny, but for some reason i was actually laughing, like without realizing it, 'til i woke up somebody else who asked me what i was laughing at. it wasn't super funny, but neither was it offensive, nor did it change my view of bobby lee. i don't believe he really went down on his cousin when he was 15... he knew he was being filmed, he even said in the end he just lost 80% of his audience... i guess after calling "vietkongs" jungle asians and how he doesn't like azn girls cuz they mirror his face XD

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jul 17th, '08, 01:03

i thought the flashlight skit was pretty funny.