[Tutorial] How to Convert AVI to Standard DVD for TV

Discuss technical and geeky things here.
hayabusa_fmw

Post by hayabusa_fmw » Sep 4th, '06, 02:34

I have managed to encode them now

but with even using DVDAUTHOR GUI FOR DVD AUTHOR BUT now NEW PROBLEM.................. shaky picture.... subtitles were added like charm
but I get a shaky image God damn:(

It is TOKYO FRIENDS 1-5 Serie...:(:(

I don't get it ... is it because i Encoded them with (RIP SUBTITLES + PERMANENT? that it shakes?) because subtitles didn't work ... & when i watch it on pc ... it's 100% okay the ones encoded it doesn't shake.....

i tryed on Other DVD player & it didn't shake but it skipped & went faster.............. huh?.

hayabusa_fmw

Post by hayabusa_fmw » Sep 4th, '06, 03:38

kyuuketsuki never mind my new problem

I found out why!:P

Silly me in DVDAUTHOR GUI i didn't put the .mpg file i put .mp2 that then related with the mpg it did a Weird error i beleive:P hahaha:P

now everything is 100% + subs i am more than happy now i watch dorama thanks to you

Thanks alot for All help!!!!

& tutorial!:)

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Sep 4th, '06, 05:25

Glad you got everything working!

JC

Post by JC » Sep 6th, '06, 12:22

Hey kyuuketsuki! I posted in here frequently asked you for something and then went on hiatus! :lol I asked for this ages ago, but could you e-mail me the program you created to batch encode?

Is it okay to PM you my e-mail address?

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Sep 6th, '06, 14:09

JC wrote:Hey kyuuketsuki! I posted in here frequently asked you for something and then went on hiatus! :lol I asked for this ages ago, but could you e-mail me the program you created to batch encode?

Is it okay to PM you my e-mail address?
I don't check PM, so you're better off just emailing me with your email address. I'm working on a new version of the batch program that will create a script for DvdAuthorGui that will autoload a bunch of settings. You can wait a week for the new version or I can send you the current version.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Sep 10th, '06, 15:23

I've modifed the tutorial and attached the batch processing conversion program. Anyone who has the old version should delete it and install the new one. Check the tutorial for details.

hayabusa_fmw

Post by hayabusa_fmw » Sep 15th, '06, 19:59

Hello Kyuu I need your help once more hehe:)

I have gotten JTV's PRIDE 1-11

The resolution is Given in FITCD LanczosResize(688,352,6,0,628,352)
AddBorders(16,64,16,64)

i put it inside the dvd2svcd Just like i used to in other dorama...

but since the show is 16:9 it's more complex i beleive... because i get Subs cut by Tv......

grrr

I don't know why i didn't switch to anamorphic or 16:9 add borders encoded as 16:9 did i need to do this because i tryed it also it gaive same result......

this is a bother:s please tell me:)

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Sep 16th, '06, 03:09

hayabusa_fmw wrote:Hello Kyuu I need your help once more hehe:)

I have gotten JTV's PRIDE 1-11

The resolution is Given in FITCD LanczosResize(688,352,6,0,628,352)
AddBorders(16,64,16,64)

i put it inside the dvd2svcd Just like i used to in other dorama...

but since the show is 16:9 it's more complex i beleive... because i get Subs cut by Tv......

grrr

I don't know why i didn't switch to anamorphic or 16:9 add borders encoded as 16:9 did i need to do this because i tryed it also it gaive same result......

this is a bother:s please tell me:)
You should not be using FitCD or opening up Dvd2Svcd any more. I created my own algorithm for resizing. I would be surprised if you have any overscan problems at all, but if you do then let me know and I will fix it.

Check the new tutorial and download the program Avis2Dvd that is attached.

Let me know if you have any problems.

hayabusa_fmw

Post by hayabusa_fmw » Sep 16th, '06, 03:11

wow once again kyuu thanks so much!!!
i will try it right away!!!:)

amazing:D:D:D

i give you new tomollow:P

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Sep 16th, '06, 13:55

New version posted. This is probably the last one for a while. Biggest update is support for PAL.

Version 2.1 - 09/15/06
* Changed subtitle char set to CP1252 to allow for windows characters
* Added support for PAL 25 fps AVIs
* Enabled deletion of intermediate files
* Added total disc time
* Added capability to author DVDs without encoding
* Forced more dvd2svcd parms for strict avi2dvd conversion

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Sep 20th, '06, 03:30

Hey kyuuketsuki, keep up the good work with this great tutorial. I have used your steps and it works great every single time. :thumright:

It's too bad that you switched the steps from the previous tutorial you posted, as it was easier to follow than the current one now. :-(

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Sep 20th, '06, 04:20

yt_toshi wrote:Hey kyuuketsuki, keep up the good work with this great tutorial. I have used your steps and it works great every single time. :thumright:

It's too bad that you switched the steps from the previous tutorial you posted, as it was easier to follow than the current one now. :-(
I'm really surprised that you said that. I had some complaints from people that the old one was too hard and there were too many steps. And honestly I got sick of going through all the same steps in DvdAuthorGui every time.

The new tutorial eliminates FitCD, opening Dvd2Svcd, setting the AviSynth script, and setting parameters in DvdAuthorGui. No more setting the subtitles, the menu buttons, setting the chapters, the post commands, loading the audio and video, etc. There are virtually no parameter settings as I have automated everything. You simply load the AVIs, load the authoring file, and burn the DVD. I don't think it can get any easier.

In reality, all the steps are the same as the old tutorial except now you don't have to do them, the program I wrote does everything for you.

If there is something that is confusing to you or you think there is something specific that can be done easier, then let me know and I will consider changing it.

mg_ldw

Post by mg_ldw » Sep 24th, '06, 01:33

mmm i too liked the old one better but it's all good. Now my question you said you dont have to open any of those fitcd or dvdauthorgui anymore. So how would you set all the buttons on menus?

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Sep 24th, '06, 02:22

mg_ldw wrote:mmm i too liked the old one better but it's all good. Now my question you said you dont have to open any of those fitcd or dvdauthorgui anymore. So how would you set all the buttons on menus?
You guys need to be more specific. I can't fix it unless you tell me why the old one was easier and why you liked it better. I really don't understand why anyone would want to do steps that the computer does for them. I think you need to try the new method and give it a chance. In helping many people I've discovered that most people here at d-addicts are novice computer users.

So my goal was to
1. Make something that was easy for the novice
2. Gave the advanced user the ability to change the advanced settings if he wanted to.
3. Gave the user less time that he had to sit at the computer.
4. Had less chance of accidently setting an incorrect paramter and creating an incompatible DVD.

Too many people would email and mess up parameters inside dvd2svcd and dvdauthorgui. So now there is no way to mess them up because it is all automated.

For the old method, it's really a hassle to load fitcd for each AVI and setup DvdAuthorGui every time I want to burn a DVD. The new method eliminates all of that. It literally takes less than 5 minutes of "my" time to convert a complete DVD with the new method. Try it yourself and you should experience the same thing.

Would it help if I made a section in the tutorial for people that used to old method and how this is easier?

Here was the old method:
1. Open FitCD
2. Copy FitCD parameters into AviSynth Tab in Dvd2Svcd
3. Load AVI into dvd2svcd
4. Compute Episode size and put into Bitrate tab
5. Hit go
6. Rename MPG
7. Repeat 1-6 for each AVI
8. Load each MPG into DvdAuthorGui
9. Set chapters for each title
10. Set subtitles for each title
11. Add menu
12. Set navi commands
13. Add buttons
14. Set button commands
15. Author DVD
16. Burn DVD

Here is the new method
1. Add all AVIs
2. Hit Go
3. Load DvdAuthorGui file
4. Author DVD
5. Burn DVD

All the steps that were eliminated are all done automatically now. You asked how do you set the buttons on the menus. The answer is, you don't because it is done for you. You don't have to do any of that stuff. Avis2Dvd analyzes your AVIs and does everything for you. It figures out your overscan parameters, AviSynth commands, chapter stops, button comands, navi commands, converts and assigns subtitles, and lots of other stuff.

If you want to create your own menu, you just move the buttons that are already created for you. It is explained in the tutorial.

ray of light

Post by ray of light » Sep 24th, '06, 12:56

hm... you make it sound simple but i keep getting errors left and right ..??

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Sep 24th, '06, 13:40

ray of light wrote:hm... you make it sound simple but i keep getting errors left and right ..??
You can do any or all of these things.

1. Check the FAQ at the end of the tutorial.
2. Post or email me your avis2dvd and dvd2svcd log file.
3. Post or email me a screenshot of your error
4. Email me a 5 second clip of your AVI.

rakuz

Post by rakuz » Sep 24th, '06, 14:19

thanks kyuuketsuki for this wonderful tutorial...
well actually i only tried the old method...it was a bit time consuming but the end result was sweet...
i just noticed that you changed to a newer tutorial with a simpler program...i'm gonna try it out sometime in next week...
anyways i just wanted to say thanks!!!

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Sep 24th, '06, 16:29

sakura8o8 wrote:thanks kyuuketsuki for this wonderful tutorial...
well actually i only tried the old method...it was a bit time consuming but the end result was sweet...
i just noticed that you changed to a newer tutorial with a simpler program...i'm gonna try it out sometime in next week...
anyways i just wanted to say thanks!!!
Thanks. Let me know if you have any problems with the new method.

ray of light

Post by ray of light » Sep 24th, '06, 21:38

everytime i try it comes up with an error saying something like cannot open file ....multiplux?

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Sep 25th, '06, 14:09

everytime i try it comes up with an error saying something like cannot open file ....multiplux?
I will add this to the FAQ.

The MPG output file is a multiplex of the AUDIO MP2 file and the VIDEO MPV file.
Check your "output directory" set in Avis2Dvd. If there is no MP2 file or the MP2 file is 0 kb, then there is a problem with your audio. If there is no MPV file or the MPV file is 0 kb, then there is a problem with your video.

Check the FAQ for further details on how to see what is wrong. Almost all video problems are related to the codec.

kht2015

Post by kht2015 » Sep 27th, '06, 12:16

Hello Kyuuketsuki
Is there anyway to encode video in the MPEG-4 movie? I have been encoding a series but the format has been switched all of a sudden.

File info:
Video: h.264
Audio: aac cbr 128Kbps
Resolution:624 x 336
Container: Mp4

Thank you.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Sep 27th, '06, 14:24

kht2015 wrote:Hello Kyuuketsuki
Is there anyway to encode video in the MPEG-4 movie? I have been encoding a series but the format has been switched all of a sudden.

File info:

Thank you.
You will need the h.264 codec. You can install ffdshow or the codec by itself and it should fix the problem. http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=ffdshow or http://www.free-codecs.com/download/x26 ... _Codec.htm

boji

Post by boji » Sep 28th, '06, 00:47

hi again remember mee? well im having this problem and this pops up

**ERROR: [???] Unable to read from D:\TEMP\I'm sorry.I love you.E02.(2004-11-09).SDTVRiP.XViD-LUXURY.mp2.

meh i should've read the faq...so all i have to do is put it into virtualdub riight?
Last edited by boji on Sep 28th, '06, 12:24, edited 1 time in total.

ray of light

Post by ray of light » Sep 28th, '06, 03:38

hm.. i have both a mp2 (112mb )and mpv (2.13G?) and both are playable on the comp.
this is what it looks like
[img]http://i10.tinypic.com/2rnamhh.jpg[/img]

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Sep 28th, '06, 14:09

boji wrote:hi again remember mee? well im having this problem and this pops up

**ERROR: [???] Unable to read from D:\TEMP\I'm sorry.I love you.E02.(2004-11-09).SDTVRiP.XViD-LUXURY.mp2.

meh i should've read the faq...so all i have to do is put it into virtualdub riight?
Hi Boji. How's it goin'?

I believe this file uses VBR MP3 for its audio. It isn't too common, but when you get a file with VBR MP3, you are right. Just plug it into Virtual Dub and it will fix the problem.

Let me know if it doesn't work.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Sep 28th, '06, 14:33

ray of light wrote:hm.. i have both a mp2 (112mb )and mpv (2.13G?) and both are playable on the comp.
this is what it looks like...
Strange, according to your pic, you have 3 AVIs, so your episode size should be 4430/3 = 1476. Your MPV should be about 1.3 GB. Are you using CCE without ECL?

Does the error happen every time for this file or does it happen for other files?

If you think the MPV and MP2 are correct, then you can ignore the error. In reality, the MPG is not even used, but usually if there was a problem with multiplexing, then something went wrong. Could be a problem with the multiplexing, you ran out of disc space, or something else.

If it happens more than once, then I'd recommend fixing the problem. Zip up the log files and ini files in your output directory and email them to me.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Sep 30th, '06, 19:53

I've updated the tutorial with an explanation of all the automated steps. I've also added some additional questions to the FAQ. Hopefully this will clear up any confusion that people have had recently.

kyuuketsuki

Avis2Dvd Version 2.2

Post by kyuuketsuki » Oct 7th, '06, 14:39

Plenty of requests for additions.

Here they are.

Version 2.2 - 10/07/06
* Added better error handling
* Added ability to convert audio without video
* Can select individual AVIs
* Increased size of outdir name
* Added optional additional overscan blocks
* Added minimize button
* Fixed problem with different resolution AVIs

kht2015

Post by kht2015 » Oct 13th, '06, 02:27

kyuuketsuki wrote:

File info:

Thank you.
You will need the h.264 codec. You can install ffdshow or the codec by itself and it should fix the problem. http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=ffdshow or http://www.free-codecs.com/download/x26 ... _Codec.htm
Hi kyuuketsuki,
I installed ffdshow but still cannot encode. When I load the AVi into Dvd2svcd, it will not let me preview or begin encoding. The buttom is disabled. Can Dvd2svcd convert mp4 videos because on the Misc tab where you can input the source file, it does not have a choice for mp4? thanks.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Oct 14th, '06, 13:42

kht2015 wrote:
kyuuketsuki wrote:

File info:

Thank you.
Hi kyuuketsuki,
I installed ffdshow but still cannot encode. When I load the AVi into Dvd2svcd, it will not let me preview or begin encoding. The buttom is disabled. Can Dvd2svcd convert mp4 videos because on the Misc tab where you can input the source file, it does not have a choice for mp4? thanks.
There is always a way to get video on to a DVD to watch on your TV.

Is the file an AVI or an MP4 file, i.e. is the file extension AVI or MP4? If it is an AVI, then if you have the codec and the file is properly formatted, then you should be able to load it into Dvd2Svcd without any problems. If it is an MP4 file, then you can either convert it to AVI, or even better use a program that will convert MP4 to DVD directly. I checked videohelp.com and there is a tool that will convert MP4 to DVD. I have not used it so I don't know how good it is, but it go a good rating. http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=The_FilmMachine

boji

Post by boji » Oct 16th, '06, 16:54

hey kyuuketsuki i made a friend of mine try out your tutorial and she keeps getting that bad parameter as soon as she hits go and we already have that quenc .71 version whats wrong? and i forgot to say that in her dvdauthorgui when she makes her buttons her menu is like black and when she clicks on it it stops being black and shows her menu?

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Oct 17th, '06, 17:04

boji wrote:hey kyuuketsuki i made a friend of mine try out your tutorial and she keeps getting that bad parameter as soon as she hits go and we already have that quenc .71 version whats wrong? and i forgot to say that in her dvdauthorgui when she makes her buttons her menu is like black and when she clicks on it it stops being black and shows her menu?
Hi Boji,

I did some investigation on this. Kind of strange, but I get the bad parameter message on only 1 of 4 computers I tried. Turns out that the mpeg2 parameter is passed from dvd2svcd and is not used in QuEnc anymore. In version 0.70, it would not run at all. In version 0.71, the error is shown, but the message should time out after a few seconds. So, if you are using 0.71 you can just ignore the error. I checked and it does not effect the output.

I don't really understand what you are saying with the buttons in dvdauthorgui. Can you explain the steps in more detail?

boji

Post by boji » Oct 17th, '06, 20:56

oh i seee. well the dvd authorgui problem is solved too i guess having msn running messes things up sometimes haha and my friend loves your tutorial she got it working her first time...with my help

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Oct 18th, '06, 01:58

Thanks boji. Enjoy the dramas! :D

doozy

Post by doozy » Oct 31st, '06, 07:21

Hi kyuuketsuki,

First, thank you for your time and effort in writing the tutorial!
I tried all the steps in your tutorial but I keep getting "cannot rename file C: //DvdOut/MPlex_Muxed_File00.mpg." message. What is wrong?

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Oct 31st, '06, 23:22

doozy wrote:Hi kyuuketsuki,

First, thank you for your time and effort in writing the tutorial!
I tried all the steps in your tutorial but I keep getting "cannot rename file C: //DvdOut/MPlex_Muxed_File00.mpg." message. What is wrong?
First thing you need to find out if it is a problem with your audio or video. Check the FAQ for some ideas on how to find out what is wrong. Look for an MP2 and an MPV file in your output directory. If you still can't figure it out, post or send me your log files and I will take a look at them.

kht2015

Post by kht2015 » Nov 7th, '06, 02:32

Hello kyuuketsuki,
Thank you for all your effort in helping us with video encoding. I use Cinematic Craft Encoder, and when I try to encode 3 AVI's at the same time, at the end of each encoding process, I have to click the Exit button, close out Dvd2svcd for it to go to the next AVI. Otherwise, it would just be stuck at the CCE screen, with the Encode and Exit buttons at the bottom. I am sure that's not the intention. Did I do something wrong? Thank you.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Nov 8th, '06, 04:46

kht2015 wrote:Hello kyuuketsuki,
Thank you for all your effort in helping us with video encoding. I use Cinematic Craft Encoder, and when I try to encode 3 AVI's at the same time, at the end of each encoding process, I have to click the Exit button, close out Dvd2svcd for it to go to the next AVI. Otherwise, it would just be stuck at the CCE screen, with the Encode and Exit buttons at the bottom. I am sure that's not the intention. Did I do something wrong? Thank you.
That usually means the version of CCE you are using is incompatible with DVD2SVCD. You can try a different version of CCE (2.5) or download and try EclCce. Also, this has happened to me a few times before when I am using the computer to do other things while I am encoding. Dvd2Svcd simulates your keystrokes so if you are doing something else, it gets confused sometimes.

kht2015

Post by kht2015 » Nov 8th, '06, 17:44

kyuuketsuki wrote:
That usually means the version of CCE you are using is incompatible with DVD2SVCD. You can try a different version of CCE (2.5) or download and try EclCce. Also, this has happened to me a few times before when I am using the computer to do other things while I am encoding. Dvd2Svcd simulates your keystrokes so if you are doing something else, it gets confused sometimes.
I did use CCE 2.5, but it is still not working. I tried to uninstall everything and reinstall. Not sure where I went wrong.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Nov 10th, '06, 13:45

I did use CCE 2.5, but it is still not working. I tried to uninstall everything and reinstall. Not sure where I went wrong.
I don't think this would be caused by an improper installation. If you're using CCE 2.5, then everything should work fine with the encoding as long as you have the right codec. If you didn't have the right codec, then it would stop right away.

There is a good possibility that your problem will be fixed by downloading the checksum patch. This is not a crack, but a patch to fix some bugs with that version.

Do a google search on "cce crc patch". As with any exe you download, make sure to do a virus scan before running it and make a backup copy of your CCE before applying the patch.

kht2015

Post by kht2015 » Nov 12th, '06, 14:24

Hello kyuuketsuki,

Thanks for all your help. I need help on another issue. I encoded this video and the info is below. However, after it's encoded, there's no audio. I tried CCE and also QuEnc but same result. Is there a way for me to fix the audio to author the DVD instead of keeping reencoding again? Please be specific because I am 'video illiterate', I can follow your instructions quite well on the conversion of AVI to DVD. Thank you Kyuuketsuki.

AVI Information
Filesize: 615.7 MB
Streams (i.e. Video, Audio): 2
Video
Compression Codec: XviD
Resolution: 640 x 480 (4/3)
Bitrate: 1874 Kbps
Duration: 2669.47 s (44m 29s)
Frame Rate: 29.970 fps
Frames: 80004
Audio 1
Wave Codec: MPEG-2 Audio layer 3
Avg. Bitrate: 48 Kbps
Sampling Rate: 24 Khz
Channels: 2
Delay: 0 ms
Audio 2
Wave Codec:
Avg. Bitrate:
Sampling Rate:
Channels:
Delay:

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Nov 12th, '06, 15:46

Thanks for all your help. I need help on another issue. I encoded this video and the info is below. However, after it's encoded, there's no audio. I tried CCE and also QuEnc but same result. Is there a way for me to fix the audio to author the DVD instead of keeping reencoding again? Please be specific because I am 'video illiterate', I can follow your instructions quite well on the conversion of AVI to DVD. Thank you Kyuuketsuki.

AVI Information
Filesize: 615.7 MB
Streams (i.e. Video, Audio): 2
Video
Compression Codec: XviD
Resolution: 640 x 480 (4/3)
Bitrate: 1874 Kbps
Duration: 2669.47 s (44m 29s)
Frame Rate: 29.970 fps
Frames: 80004
Audio 1
Wave Codec: MPEG-2 Audio layer 3
Avg. Bitrate: 48 Kbps
Sampling Rate: 24 Khz
Channels: 2
Delay: 0 ms
Audio 2
Wave Codec:
Avg. Bitrate:
Sampling Rate:
Channels:
Delay:
CCE and QuEnc are for video encoding only. If there is an audio problem you need to use a different program to fix it.

I added this to the FAQ later so maybe you did not see it. Let me know if you still need help.

Q: I don't hear any audio, it is out of sync with my video, or BeSweet crashes when I encode. How do I fix this?
A: Almost all audio problems can be fixed by converting your AVI with VirtualDub using "Video / Direct Stream Copy", "Audio / Full Processing" - Audio / Conversion / 44100Hz 16bit Stereo, "File / Save As AVI".
It's also possible you may not have the audio codec (see video codec question). Another option is to encode the MP2 separately using an audio program of your choice.

Q: Ok, I converted the audio using Virtual Dub. Can I check to make sure it works without waiting for hours for the video to convert?
A: Load your new AVI into dvd2avis and then choose Audio/ConvertAudio.

Q: I loaded 5 episodes and on the last one the audio did not convert. Is there a way to quickly convert just the audio after I fixed the audio in my AVI?
A: Yes. click on your AVI in avis2dvd and choose Audio/ConvertAudio.

keaiclam

Post by keaiclam » Nov 12th, '06, 23:11

:D Thanks for this awesome tutorial kyuuketsuki :wub:

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Nov 13th, '06, 16:39

keaiclam wrote::D Thanks for this awesome tutorial kyuuketsuki :wub:
You're welcome! Let me know if you need help.

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Nov 17th, '06, 12:16

Mr. K, thank u for ur wonderful tutorial. U have done so much for drama addicts like me. May God bless u :D ---Myrai

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Nov 18th, '06, 17:43

blue_smurf wrote:Mr. K, thank u for ur wonderful tutorial. U have done so much for drama addicts like me. May God bless u :D ---Myrai
Hey Myria :-) , that is very nice of you to say. God bless you too.

keaiclam

Post by keaiclam » Nov 19th, '06, 19:26

Hey kyuu, my audio_ts folder is empty. I try using virtual dub but the file is too big for my computer. Or did I do something wrong? :|

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Nov 19th, '06, 22:55

keaiclam wrote:Hey kyuu, my audio_ts folder is empty. I try using virtual dub but the file is too big for my computer. Or did I do something wrong? :|
It is normal for your AUDIO_TS folder to be empty. Both the audio and video are stored in the VIDEO_TS folder. I don't really know the specifics of why there is an audio_ts and a video_ts folder, but you should be fine. More than likely if there was a problem with the audio, avis2dvd would have told you.

keaiclam

Post by keaiclam » Nov 21st, '06, 02:48

It is normal for your AUDIO_TS folder to be empty. Both the audio and video are stored in the VIDEO_TS folder. I don't really know the specifics of why there is an audio_ts and a video_ts folder, but you should be fine. More than likely if there was a problem with the audio, avis2dvd would have told you.
Thanks again kyuu :-)
I burned it onto a DVD and IT WORKS!!!!! :cheers:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I think that expressed my feeling :lol

stargazer

Post by stargazer » Nov 22nd, '06, 05:48

Hi kyuuketsuki,
Thank you so kindly for the tutorial. I have CCE 2.7, which doesn't seem to be too compatible with Dvd2svcd, since it's creating such a big mpg file. I've tried downloading the ECLCCE, but it's definitely not compatible with the CCE 2.7. I'm currently using QuEnc, which though is a bit slow, works like a charm. Now, my parents, aunts, uncles and anybody else in my family who are computer illiterate can enjoy Korean dramas as well. And it's all thanks to you and your tutorial.

I do have one problem though. I've only started converting my avi's to dvd recently and have been successful until this past weekend. I have one avi file which is 59.941 fps. After converting it, the mpg file is also 59.941, but it's awfully slow. All the other episodes in this serie seems to be at 29.97 fps, and they all seem to be working fine so far, so not sure if this is the problem. I've tried re-encoding just that one episode, but the mpg file continues to be slow. I've included the Avis2dvd log for your review. Could you tell me how I can fix this problem? Thank you kindly.

BATCHED file

Processing C:\Korean\AAAAA\Jumong\JuMong.07.avi
0=LanczosResize(656,352,0,0,624,336)
1=AddBorders(32,64,32,64)
Creating D2S file for JuMong.07
Frame rate 59.941
Pulldown Enabled
JuMong.07.mp2
JuMong.07.mpv
Renaming MPV, MPG
Error! Cannot rename file C:\Korean\AAAAA\Jumong\Jumong DVD\Pulldown_Encoded_Video_NTSC.mpv.

Processing C:\Korean\AAAAA\Jumong\JuMong.08.avi
Creating D2S file for JuMong.08
Frame rate 29.970
JuMong.08.mp2
JuMong.08.mpv
Renaming MPV, MPG

Processing C:\Korean\AAAAA\Jumong\JuMong.09.avi
Creating D2S file for JuMong.09
Frame rate 29.970
JuMong.09.mp2
JuMong.09.mpv
Renaming MPV, MPG

Creating C:\Korean\AAAAA\Jumong\Jumong DVD\Avis2Dvd.dva
Creating C:\Korean\AAAAA\Jumong\Jumong DVD\Avis2Dvd.dva

SINGLE FILE
Processing C:\Korean\AAAAA\Jumong\JuMong.07.avi
Creating D2S file for JuMong.07
Frame rate 59.941
Pulldown Enabled
JuMong.07.mp2
JuMong.07.mpv
Renaming MPV, MPG

Creating C:\Korean\AAAAA\Jumong\Jumong DVD\Jumong\Avis2Dvd.dva

Tomi

Post by Tomi » Nov 22nd, '06, 16:32

This is a great thread. Thanks for making it.

I have a dvd-r problem.

I downloaded the movie RENT and I burned it on to the dvd-r. Everything is fine. It plays on the dvd and all. The only problem is that there is a big black bar that is in the middle of the screen with a website on it. Is there any way I can get rid of it?

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Nov 22nd, '06, 22:46

stargazer wrote:Hi kyuuketsuki,

I have one avi file which is 59.941 fps. After converting it, the mpg file is also 59.941, but it's awfully slow. All the other episodes in this serie seems to be at 29.97 fps, and they all seem to be working fine so far, so not sure if this is the problem. I've tried re-encoding just that one episode, but the mpg file continues to be slow. I've included the Avis2dvd log for your review. Could you tell me how I can fix this problem? Thank you kindly.
I have never seen an AVI that is 59.941 fps. Almost all AVIs that I've seen come from NTSC, PAL, or film which means they are 23, 25, or 30 fps. I believe you have to convert it to 30 fps (29.97) first in order to get it to work. If you load it into Virtual Dub and do a direct stream video / direct stream audio with a 10 second clip, I will take a look at it. Send it to my email. Otherwise you can google or check the videohelp.com forum for converting 60 fps to DVD.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Nov 22nd, '06, 22:52

Tomi wrote:This is a great thread. Thanks for making it.

I have a dvd-r problem.

I downloaded the movie RENT and I burned it on to the dvd-r. Everything is fine. It plays on the dvd and all. The only problem is that there is a big black bar that is in the middle of the screen with a website on it. Is there any way I can get rid of it?
I have no idea what you mean by this. What web site. Are you using a trial program that is not registered? Can you post a screen shot?

utaumi

Post by utaumi » Nov 23rd, '06, 17:00

Hi kyuuketsuki! Thanks so much for this tutorial, I'm closer than ever to succeed in getting my doramas onto DVD. :D

However, I'm a total newbie at this, and I keep getting this message: "Error! Cannot rename file C:\NoP\MPlex_Muxed_File00.mpg."

I know this has been asked before, and I tried to do what you said then, but the thing is, I can't find a video file in my output folder. There's an MP2 audio file, but no MPV file, which might explain why it can't rename it... I have just no idea. What have I done wrong?

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Nov 24th, '06, 01:35

utaumi wrote:Hi kyuuketsuki! Thanks so much for this tutorial, I'm closer than ever to succeed in getting my doramas onto DVD. :D

However, I'm a total newbie at this, and I keep getting this message: "Error! Cannot rename file C:\NoP\MPlex_Muxed_File00.mpg."

I know this has been asked before, and I tried to do what you said then, but the thing is, I can't find a video file in my output folder. There's an MP2 audio file, but no MPV file, which might explain why it can't rename it... I have just no idea. What have I done wrong?
Right. Most likely if there is no MPV it means that you don't have the proper codec installed. Check the FAQ at the end of the tutorial for more info. Download gspot and the codec that gspot tells you. If you need the xvid codec, then download koepi's Xvid. If you still need help, then let me know.

utaumi

Post by utaumi » Nov 24th, '06, 13:01

Okay... GSpot tells me all is well. I think. I took a screen cap: The video stat says, "The following codecs should both capable of processing this format:
DivX Decoder Filter
XviD MPEG-4 Video Decoder
DirectShow is apparently able to play the file as well (see "DirectShow Render", below)"

I also capped my installed codecs list: It says a unknown VFW Driver file is missing. I have no idea what that even is..!

Thank you so much for the help. I'm sorry if I'm being difficult!

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Nov 24th, '06, 15:09

utaumi wrote:Okay... GSpot tells me all is well. I think. I took a screen cap: The video stat says, "The following codecs should both capable of processing this format:
DivX Decoder Filter
XviD MPEG-4 Video Decoder
DirectShow is apparently able to play the file as well (see "DirectShow Render", below)"

I also capped my installed codecs list: It says a unknown VFW Driver file is missing. I have no idea what that even is..!

Thank you so much for the help. I'm sorry if I'm being difficult!
You're welcome. Of course you are not being difficult.
I rarely see any problems playing DivX files, so I doubt that you are missing the codec. It is possible, but not likely the driver is bad. Just to be safe, download and install the free version of divx http://www.divx.com/. When it asks you to install, you only need to install the codec.

After you are finished, open up the AVI file in Windows Media Player to make sure it plays. Then reencode the video using avis2dvd. If you still have errors, post or email me your log files.

utaumi

Post by utaumi » Nov 26th, '06, 19:40

Hi. I succeded in burning a DVD! Thank you so much, you have no idea how grateful I am for this tutorial and your help! :wub:

Just one thing though, a few of the subtitles are kinda... they're not "still", they shake slightly... They're not moving much, and not all the time, but you get kinda dizzy reading them. :D The image is fabulous though, and that's what really matters. Thanks again!

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Nov 28th, '06, 02:26

utaumi wrote:Hi. I succeded in burning a DVD! Thank you so much, you have no idea how grateful I am for this tutorial and your help! :wub:

Just one thing though, a few of the subtitles are kinda... they're not "still", they shake slightly... They're not moving much, and not all the time, but you get kinda dizzy reading them. :D The image is fabulous though, and that's what really matters. Thanks again!
I have never seen this problem. Might be your DVD player. Try playing the DVD on a different player or on your computer to see if it still happens. Also might be some bad bytes on your DVDR.

stargazer

Post by stargazer » Dec 1st, '06, 22:01

kyuuketsuki wrote:
I have never seen an AVI that is 59.941 fps. Almost all AVIs that I've seen come from NTSC, PAL, or film which means they are 23, 25, or 30 fps. I believe you have to convert it to 30 fps (29.97) first in order to get it to work. If you load it into Virtual Dub and do a direct stream video / direct stream audio with a 10 second clip, I will take a look at it. Send it to my email. Otherwise you can google or check the videohelp.com forum for converting 60 fps to DVD.
Hi Kyu,

Thanks for the advice. I was able to convert the 60 fps AVI to 30 fps. Only problem now is, the mpg video is not in synced with the audio. The beginning is fine, but as the episode progresses, the 2 becomes more and more out of synced, with the audio preceding the video. I've converted other AVI's before with no problem. Seems like JuMong 7 is just giving me grievances. :doh: I'm currently trying to figure out how to adjust this, but just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to review over my problems. With all the knowledgeable information you've given us, I think we should start calling you Yoda, the wise one. :notworthy: Thanks again!!! :D

kht2015

Post by kht2015 » Dec 1st, '06, 22:45

stargazer wrote:
kyuuketsuki wrote:
Hi Kyu,

Thanks for the advice. I was able to convert the 60 fps AVI to 30 fps. Only problem now is, the mpg video is not in synced with the audio. The beginning is fine, but as the episode progresses, the 2 becomes more and more out of synced, with the audio preceding the video. I've converted other AVI's before with no problem. Seems like JuMong 7 is just giving me grievances. :doh: I'm currently trying to figure out how to adjust this, but just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to review over my problems. With all the knowledgeable information you've given us, I think we should start calling you Yoda, the wise one. :notworthy: Thanks again!!! :D
Stargazer,
Did you download Jumong 07 from the torrent? I had the same problem with the frame rate for Jumong 07 too. I tried different methods to encode it and finally I had to download the Hardsub version and encode it with Nero. Nero actually encoded it with no problem. I didn't know any other method and I am not literate with video encoding.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Dec 2nd, '06, 01:10

stargazer wrote:
kyuuketsuki wrote:
Hi Kyu,

:D

Stargazer, if your audio and video start out in sync, but get further apart as time goes by this usually means that they are playing at a different rate. For instance your video may be playing at 30 fps, and your audio at 29.97 fps. Make sure that when you convert your AVI from 59.941 you are converting to 29.97 fps. Also after you have done the conversion, make sure that the AVI video is in sync before you start to encode to DVD. Play it in Windows Media player and check the end of the video. It's also possible that the audio is VBR. In that case, you'd want to convert it using Virtual Dub. If you are having audio problems, it may be a good idea to do this anyway since it won't hurt. Check the FAQ on how to reencode the audio without video using Virtual Dub.

stargazer

Post by stargazer » Dec 9th, '06, 01:46

kyuuketsuki wrote:
:D

Stargazer, if your audio and video start out in sync, but get further apart as time goes by this usually means that they are playing at a different rate. For instance your video may be playing at 30 fps, and your audio at 29.97 fps. Make sure that when you convert your AVI from 59.941 you are converting to 29.97 fps. Also after you have done the conversion, make sure that the AVI video is in sync before you start to encode to DVD. Play it in Windows Media player and check the end of the video. It's also possible that the audio is VBR. In that case, you'd want to convert it using Virtual Dub. If you are having audio problems, it may be a good idea to do this anyway since it won't hurt. Check the FAQ on how to reencode the audio without video using Virtual Dub.
Kyu,

I'm checked the AVI and the video and audio are in sync with one another, but when you encode the file to DVD, seems like the audio progressively speeds up slightly throughout the movie. I've tried doing what you suggested by converting the audio using Virtual Dub, but the Virtual Dub I'm using doesn't have an audio selection. I've included a picture of my Virtual Dub below. Could you tell me what options I need to click on to get to the audio conversion part? Or do I need to get a different Virtual Dub program all together? Thanks again for your help.
kht2015 wrote:
Stargazer,
Did you download Jumong 07 from the torrent? I had the same problem with the frame rate for Jumong 07 too. I tried different methods to encode it and finally I had to download the Hardsub version and encode it with Nero. Nero actually encoded it with no problem. I didn't know any other method and I am not literate with video encoding.
Kht, I'm going to keep trying to use Kyu's mythod for now, but if converting the audio separately doesn't work, I may have to break down and use your suggestion. How far did you get on converting JuMong so far? I'm also having problem with ep 16 and 22. As it's processing ep 16, when it gets to about 26 minutes and 50 seconds in the movie, there's some kind of error and it seize to process any further. I've tried processing the file through Virtual Dub, but there's an error at that exact same spot, as if the file is corrupted or something. As for Ep 22, again, I'm having audio problems. Only, this time, the audio stops at 9minutes and 15 seconds. I'm going to try to use Virtual Dub and convert it separately as well, once I figure out where the audio option is on the program. Ugh... this movie is giving me more grievances than any of the others, and there's still 36 eps to go... I'm about to go koo koo... :goggle: but, oh well, FIGHTING!!! [/img]
Attachments
untitled.JPG
untitled.JPG (60.53 KiB) Viewed 6571 times

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Dec 9th, '06, 17:12

stargazer wrote: Kyu,

I'm checked the AVI and the video and audio are in sync with one another, but when you encode the file to DVD, seems like the audio progressively speeds up slightly throughout the movie. I've tried doing what you suggested by converting the audio using Virtual Dub, but the Virtual Dub I'm using doesn't have an audio selection. I've included a picture of my Virtual Dub below. Could you tell me what options I need to click on to get to the audio conversion part? Or do I need to get a different Virtual Dub program all together? Thanks again for your help.
Stargazer,
You are using Virtual Dub Mod. You need to use Virtual Dub. You can get it here http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/ Download the 1.6.17 stable version.

I still suspect that your converted AVI is not NTSC compatible. The audio will always be converted to 29.97 fps, so if the video is not exactly that framerate, then as the movie progresses, they will be out of sync.

I was able to convert the 60 fps test AVI that you sent me and I tested the conversion. Everything seems to work fine, but maybe it did not play long enough for me to see that they are out of sync.

Here are the instructions from the email that I sent you to convert to 29.97 fps.

Make sure to save a backup of your file before you convert this in case something goes wrong.

1. Load AVI into Virtual Dub
2. Video / Frame Rate / Frame Rate Conversion /
Process Every Other Frame
3. Video / Compression / Xvid MPEG4 Codec
4. File / Save as AVI

If you want better quality, you can change the settings in the Xvid MPG4 Codec. Or just use the default settings for the easiest way.

This will create a new 30 fps AVI that you can load into avis2dvd.

You can check the FAQ to see how to convert the audio in Virtual Dub.

Let me know if it still doesn't work and I will download the whole AVI and test it.

DeathBoy

Post by DeathBoy » Dec 10th, '06, 07:43

hi i hope this problem is solve. but when i watch my vids, its stretch out on top and bottom.. and the bottom i cannot see the subtitle for it. the program i use to convert avi to dvd is this website.. and also there are people that have the same prob as i do down below in the comments.. btw i use winavi 7.7.. the bottom site is outdated but its good to use for a newbie. pretty much the same. i want to make the screen wide so i can view the subtitle. thank u

http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/58/59/

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Dec 10th, '06, 16:44

DeathBoy wrote:hi i hope this problem is solve. but when i watch my vids, its stretch out on top and bottom.. and the bottom i cannot see the subtitle for it. the program i use to convert avi to dvd is this website.. and also there are people that have the same prob as i do down below in the comments.. btw i use winavi 7.7.. the bottom site is outdated but its good to use for a newbie. pretty much the same. i want to make the screen wide so i can view the subtitle. thank u

http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/58/59/
If you are having problems with the subtitles being cut off, this is because of overscan. If you follow the tutorial and use the programs supplied, you will be able to see the subtitles.

igotjumped

32-32 border killed me

Post by igotjumped » Dec 12th, '06, 11:35

Hi, kyuuketsuki - you are great. Everything works perfectly and I like your Avis2Dvd so much! There really isnt a question in here Im just going to tell you about my TV sets and my whole dilemma with encoding.

After encoding with Avis2Dvd and authoring to dvd, my 43" widescreen Pioneer plasma reads the dvd showing so much that I can see a black border on the left side and the right side is a little bit over too. But the left side is just Hideous! Its like really bad cause in 4:3 mode I got grey bars on left and right and so a black stripe shows up horribly. On my Sony tube tv- its all good though, but obviously 32 border on each side is not as compatible in the wide spectrum of TV sets. What I came up with and tested is that 24 border on the left and right is a good balance and with minimal cutoff so I can see sharp edges on my widescreen tv. I have a custom avs for all my bordering cause I like custom top and bottom too for my subtitles but I can't use it with your app cause it has no options to change what you wrote for it to do. So I am using a very long process with FitCD for avs (copy/paste my custom borders for each file-usually over 10 episodes per dvd), VirtualDubMod to demux (1 by 1 every file) and BatchCCEWS to encode through my avs files, and the bitrate calculating is driving me nutts man cause Tsunami DVD Author Pro adds MBs to each MPV for whatever reason, I still havn't found out why but this doesn't happen with your app at all. So I have to multiply every calculation by 0.036 to get a pretty good figure of what bitrate to use for encoding so I don't go over when I author to dvd. So in a way, you spoiled me and now Im wanting to get the quick fix but I just can't stand the way my Pioneer displays the 32 32 bordering. I've tried using DVD2SVCD and some reason it won't encode the audio and also that thing doesn't have a bitrate calculator and the batch program for it too wont even load up a file without giving me a division by zero error. I've tried using CCE on its own and my video files come up too short, and by a considerable amount. I'm not sure what else I've tried probably a few other things I can't remember. I got all kinds of little apps in folders all spread out its a maze of crap really compared to what you made. encoding to me now at this point is me sitting with notepad and calculator on my desktop punching in numbers and looking and comparing audio and video file sizes. The long road to victory but my results are awesome, I just ain't pimpin it to get there. 32-32 border killed me.

kyuuketsuki

Re: 32-32 border killed me

Post by kyuuketsuki » Dec 12th, '06, 15:03

igotjumped wrote:Hi, kyuuketsuki - you are great. Everything works perfectly and I like your Avis2Dvd so much! There really isnt a question in here Im just going to tell you about my TV sets and my whole dilemma with encoding.

After encoding with Avis2Dvd and authoring to dvd, my 43" widescreen Pioneer plasma reads the dvd showing so much that I can see a black border on the left side and the right side is a little bit over too. But the left side is just Hideous! Its like really bad cause in 4:3 mode I got grey bars on left and right and so a black stripe shows up horribly. On my Sony tube tv- its all good though, but obviously 32 border on each side is not as compatible in the wide spectrum of TV sets. What I came up with and tested is that 24 border on the left and right is a good balance and with minimal cutoff so I can see sharp edges on my widescreen tv. I have a custom avs for all my bordering cause I like custom top and bottom too for my subtitles but I can't use it with your app cause it has no options to change what you wrote for it to do. So I am using a very long process with FitCD for avs (copy/paste my custom borders for each file-usually over 10 episodes per dvd), VirtualDubMod to demux (1 by 1 every file) and BatchCCEWS to encode through my avs files, and the bitrate calculating is driving me nutts man cause Tsunami DVD Author Pro adds MBs to each MPV for whatever reason, I still havn't found out why but this doesn't happen with your app at all. So I have to multiply every calculation by 0.036 to get a pretty good figure of what bitrate to use for encoding so I don't go over when I author to dvd. So in a way, you spoiled me and now Im wanting to get the quick fix but I just can't stand the way my Pioneer displays the 32 32 bordering. I've tried using DVD2SVCD and some reason it won't encode the audio and also that thing doesn't have a bitrate calculator and the batch program for it too wont even load up a file without giving me a division by zero error. I've tried using CCE on its own and my video files come up too short, and by a considerable amount. I'm not sure what else I've tried probably a few other things I can't remember. I got all kinds of little apps in folders all spread out its a maze of crap really compared to what you made. encoding to me now at this point is me sitting with notepad and calculator on my desktop punching in numbers and looking and comparing audio and video file sizes. The long road to victory but my results are awesome, I just ain't pimpin it to get there. 32-32 border killed me.
I already have an option to add borders, so it shouldn't be too hard to subtract them. I will also see if I can make the left and right different. I probably won't get to it until this weekend though and I will post a new version.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Dec 16th, '06, 22:56

I uploaded a new version.

You should be able to put in -2 for the Additional Border Blocks. This will give you 48 pixels instead of 64 i.e. 24 on each side instead of 32. Since you said that one side is worse than the other, you might also try the new Horizontal Shift parameter. This will shift your output image either left or right. Only problem with that is if you view in on a different TV, it might look goofy. You might want to try with some sample AVIs to see how it comes out.

Anyway, everything should work fine for you now. :-)

igotjumped

v2.3 saved me

Post by igotjumped » Dec 17th, '06, 03:01

kyuuketsuki wrote:I uploaded a new version.

You should be able to put in -2 for the Additional Border Blocks. This will give you 48 pixels instead of 64 i.e. 24 on each side instead of 32. Since you said that one side is worse than the other, you might also try the new Horizontal Shift parameter. This will shift your output image either left or right. Only problem with that is if you view in on a different TV, it might look goofy. You might want to try with some sample AVIs to see how it comes out.

WOW thank you so much! I'm re-encoding my projects right now, and the horizontal shift is a nice custom feature to have, I'm a happy encoderer when I see the little Additional Border Blocks option "(Negative number for smaller border)", This is a very good Xmas present! All this goodness and all I have to do is press GO! I feel like a pimp. I really struggled to do it without Avis2Dvd and Authoring a DVD I ran into so many problems and another one I found out last night was that the video/audio sync was off cause my files weren't pre-muxed and were just seperate mpv mp3 which the program just has a problem with. I mean it was a bad dream, that I don't need to revisit. Authoring to dvd will be the way it should now and I get the bordering that I needed, god you made my day cause I was all down cause I had to mux all my files and have another step in my long list of steps already. Thanks for turning out another encoding noob into a pimp. My encoding hand is strong! thnx to your tool. v2.3 saved me!!
Last edited by igotjumped on Dec 17th, '06, 10:39, edited 1 time in total.

tankspace

224 audio bitrate

Post by tankspace » Dec 17th, '06, 04:52

Why does Avis2Dvd always encode audio in 224 bitrate? My AVIs are 128kbps, I guess I should calculate the DVD size according to 128 and just change the bitrate from 224 to 128 dolby digital when I author it?

kyuuketsuki

Re: v2.3 saved me

Post by kyuuketsuki » Dec 17th, '06, 15:35

igotjumped wrote:
kyuuketsuki wrote:I uploaded a new version.

WOW thank you so much! I'm re-encoding my projects right now, and the horizontal shift is a nice custom feature to have, I'm a happy encoderer when I see the little Additional Border Blocks option "(Negative number for smaller border)", This is a very good Xmas present! All this goodness and all I have to do is press GO! I feel like a pimp. I really struggled to do it without Avis2Dvd and Authoring a DVD I ran into so many problems and another one I found out last night was that the video/audio sync was off cause my files weren't pre-muxed and were just seperate mpv mp3 which the program just has a problem with. I mean it was a bad dream, that I don't need to revisit. Authoring to dvd will be the way it should now and I get the bordering that I needed, god you made my day cause I was all down cause I had to mux all my files and have another step in my long list of steps already. Thanks for turning out another encoding noob into a pimp. My encoding hand is strong! thnx to your tool. v2.3 saved me!!
Glad I could help you out! Most people are not as appreciative as you. Believe me, I went through many of the same hassles as you and got tired of it all which is why I created the program. It is nice that I can share it with other people.
tankspace wrote:Why does Avis2Dvd always encode audio in 224 bitrate? My AVIs are 128kbps, I guess I should calculate the DVD size according to 128 and just change the bitrate from 224 to 128 dolby digital when I author it?
I chose 224 stereo because I thought it was a great sound without taking up too much space. 224 is the bitrate of the MP2 which is burned on the DVD. As you have discovered, It is set up so that BeSweet will always resample to this. This number is fed into Dvd2Svcd and should be part of the video encoding calculation so your final DVD will be the correct size. As far as using Dolby Digital, that is 6 channels (5.1) at 48.1 khz. That takes up a lot of space. I don't know of any AVIs that have this information, especially ones that are encoded from TV. Typically if ripped from a cinema DVD, there will be an AC3 audio file that holds this information and can be burned onto any new DVD that you create. It doesn't really make sense to go from 2 channels to 6 and use up all that space on the DVD that could be for video. Whatever information in the rear left, rear right, center, and sub woofer channels for the dolby digital would have to be made up since they don't exist in the stereo channels. Many modern receivers will have the option to go from stereo to "cinema surround" or something like that. They use an algorithm through hardware and send what they think should be the sound that belongs in the rear speakers.

So, regardless of the bitrate of the input AVI, you should not have to do any recalculations unless you choose to use a different program to convert your audio.

stargazer

Post by stargazer » Dec 29th, '06, 07:17

Hi Kyu,

I've tried using the VirtualDub you've directed me towards to convert the audio, but it keeps giving me the message "No audio decompressor could be found to decompress the source audio format. (source format tag: 2000)". Is there a particular codec I need to download in order to process the audio? I've tried selecting "MPEG Layer-3" but that doesn't seem to work either.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Dec 29th, '06, 18:17

stargazer wrote:Hi Kyu,

I've tried using the VirtualDub you've directed me towards to convert the audio, but it keeps giving me the message "No audio decompressor could be found to decompress the source audio format. (source format tag: 2000)". Is there a particular codec I need to download in order to process the audio? I've tried selecting "MPEG Layer-3" but that doesn't seem to work either.
Right. Most likely it is the codec. If you do a google search, it will tell you which codec is 2000. tag 2000 is the AC3 dolby digital audio codec. You can get it here http://www.free-codecs.com/download/AC3_Filter.htm

vi3tgirl

Post by vi3tgirl » Jan 11th, '07, 23:04

when the QuEnc opens up after the black screen, it tells me to choose source AVS File and Destination File. What do i choose as the Source AVS File? Is it AvisSynth_Script_File? and for the Destination File do I just type in a name?

When I do choose AvisSynth_Script_File for the Source AVS File it tells me
Avissynth open failure:
AvisSource: couldn't locate a decompressor for fourccxvid

Did I do something wrong?