topnotch97

Post by topnotch97 » Oct 8th, '06, 04:36

looking forward for this one. since Ayase Haruka is in this one. :wub:

Kawaii Megumi

Post by Kawaii Megumi » Oct 8th, '06, 11:59

I'm curious about Erika, Koki and Kame (omg.. new hair! =D) o.o

haruna_hamasaki

Post by haruna_hamasaki » Oct 8th, '06, 14:38

Kawaii Megumi wrote:I'm curious about Erika, Koki and Kame (omg.. new hair! =D) o.o
there's no erika in this drama.. :roll

unkei

Post by unkei » Oct 9th, '06, 11:25

haruna_hamasaki wrote:
Kawaii Megumi wrote:I'm curious about Erika, Koki and Kame (omg.. new hair! =D) o.o
toda erika - she plays ayase's friend. she's also been in 'nobuta wo produce', 'death note' and 'galcir'. quite a promising young actress.

i'm also anticipating this drama~ it looks to be one of the best this season - what with kitagawa eriko as the script writer, we can only expect quality. whether it'd be delivered or not, of course, is a different story.

FruitChaat

Post by FruitChaat » Oct 9th, '06, 20:53

ahhhh can't wait for this drama
mainly b/c of my kame fan-girling ;D
but i'm exited to c koki, erika, and tht other random cute boy...lol
plus i luv the writer...just 5 more days =D

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Oct 9th, '06, 21:12

Well, it's written by Kitagawa Eriko so it will probably be a very good drama, and there's Ayase Haruka so... :wub:

kaoru 304

Post by kaoru 304 » Oct 14th, '06, 01:25

Today on Mezamashi, both talked about Tatta Hitotsu no Koi, and I can see a good atmosphere between the two ^^ i'm looking forward to see the drama!!

Kawaii Megumi

Post by Kawaii Megumi » Oct 14th, '06, 07:28

unkei wrote:
haruna_hamasaki wrote:
toda erika - she plays ayase's friend. she's also been in 'nobuta wo produce', 'death note' and 'galcir'. quite a promising young actress.

i'm also anticipating this drama~ it looks to be one of the best this season - what with kitagawa eriko as the script writer, we can only expect quality. whether it'd be delivered or not, of course, is a different story.
Pwnd X""D

Anyway.. So.. today's they air the first episode... woot? ;_;
Ok Sorry.. i'm still shocked about Akanishi Jin... :-(
So.. I guess dancestar is doing the subs again? ^^

evil_zai

Post by evil_zai » Oct 14th, '06, 14:45

yeah, dancestar said she'd do the subs again.
and i'm hoping she doesn't change her mind, afterall the stuff that's been going on. but well, she's a kame fan. and kame fans stick with kame. haha.
arg! waiting for the raw...

koopisa

Post by koopisa » Oct 14th, '06, 16:42

I'm waiting for this drama too.
bikkuri
I would like to watch it tomorrow ,however, after finishing another drama.

kitsune714

Post by kitsune714 » Oct 14th, '06, 19:48

It sounds like an interesting drama--I think I'll wait for the subs to start before I dl the raw, though.

babakubo

Post by babakubo » Oct 14th, '06, 23:03

All I know about this series is from the wiki description:
A story of pure love between the son of a man who runs a ship repair factory beset with financial troubles and the well-bred daughter of a national jewelry chain store owner.

But from just that, I'm willing to bet:
1. The rich parents of Ayase are against the relationship, while the poor parents of Kame seem fine about it
2. The rich parents are strict and overprotective, while the poor parents are comic-types
3. Eventually, the rich parents are persuaded into changing their minds about Kame due to some crisis involving Ayase
4. 75% chance that Ayase doesn't make it . . not a spoiler, just a wild guess considering it's a pure love story and women tend not to survive these things. ;)

Anyone wanna bet against me? ^_^

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Oct 14th, '06, 23:27

Is it out yet?

KaiKai_sK

Post by KaiKai_sK » Oct 15th, '06, 00:39

TIticamara wrote:Is it out yet?
it started i think.....Oct. 14 thats when it started.

emrams

Post by emrams » Oct 15th, '06, 00:48

It would be a better twist if Kame doesn't make it because it would be more unexpected and a lot of people would cry.

babakubo

Post by babakubo » Oct 15th, '06, 04:33

emrams wrote:It would be a better twist if Kame doesn't make it because it would be more unexpected and a lot of people would cry.
Now THAT would be very interesting and bold. ^_^ I've never seen or heard of a jdrama where the guy dies yet . . I'm sure there's one out there, but I'm guessing they're rare. Maybe it's sadder to see a pretty girl die than a pretty boy, just my guess. ;)

Anyway, just by looking at the font of the title, somebody's gotta go! Though with no incurable diseases mentioned, I'm not sure how they'll do it . . the popular car accident, maybe?

kaoru 304

Post by kaoru 304 » Oct 15th, '06, 22:08

XDDD ok, you guys are being pessimist XDD lol

but I agree, It would be a total twist if he died... maybe..!

has anybody seen it yet? I'm finishing my download by Jbackhouse clubbox, and I'm anxious to see it!! ^^

evil_zai

Post by evil_zai » Oct 15th, '06, 22:10

i don't know. maybe they'll both die. hehe. coz there's this freaky picture at the end, the one where they're both in white and sleeping (?).

haven't really watched it. still waiting for the subs.

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Oct 15th, '06, 22:32

kaoru 304 wrote:XDDD ok, you guys are being pessimist XDD lol

has anybody seen it yet? I'm finishing my download by Jbackhouse clubbox, and I'm anxious to see it!! ^^
Care to share the link to Jbackhouse clubbox? :salut:

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Oct 15th, '06, 22:38

ushiushi wrote:All I know about this series is from the wiki description:
A story of pure love between the son of a man who runs a ship repair factory beset with financial troubles and the well-bred daughter of a national jewelry chain store owner.

1. The rich parents of Ayase are against the relationship, while the poor parents of Kame seem fine about it
2. The rich parents are strict and overprotective, while the poor parents are comic-types
3. Eventually, the rich parents are persuaded into changing their minds about Kame due to some crisis involving Ayase
4. 75% chance that Ayase doesn't make it . . not a spoiler, just a wild guess considering it's a pure love story and women tend not to survive these things. ;)

The synopsis sounds very underwhelming indeed and to top things off, I don't like either Kame or Ayase.

But who knows? People keep saying the writer is top-notch. I'm still not sure I will watch it, though.

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Oct 15th, '06, 23:09

Néa Vanille wrote:

The synopsis sounds very underwhelming indeed and to top things off, I don't like either Kame or Ayase.

But who knows? People keep saying the writer is top-notch. I'm still not sure I will watch it, though.
If you haven't heard of Kitagawa Eriko, I suggest you see some of her past works. You will not be disappointed, believe me.

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Oct 16th, '06, 01:18

^ That's right, I love Kitagawa Eriko's previous works, she's an excellent screenwriter imo. None of her drama has disappointed me as of yet and I'd watched almost all of her dramas so far, except for maybe one or two. When I heard that she was going to write the script for this drama, I knew I'd watch this no matter what, even when Kame annoys me. The problem is that the initial synopsis does sound very cliche' and unoriginal. What's with rich girl/poor guy and hidden disease? This sounds like a Kdrama already. But I'll wait to see how the screenwriter is going to lay things out. You could use the same old materials but with good craftmanship you would still be able to produce an excellent product. I'm hoping that Eriko could do it again :).

Keeper of hells gate2

Post by Keeper of hells gate2 » Oct 16th, '06, 07:48

I guess pretty boy ended up getting dumped by Itoh Misaki and went back to his village and now works at a weld shop or something to bad for him. Couldn't see him landing Itoh Misaki to begin with. So now he gets to go after Ayase. You know something I really hate that guy. LOL :lol

suparstarx

Post by suparstarx » Oct 16th, '06, 08:04

More Ayase goodness! And bleh to the Kame Kazuya guy.

japysia

Post by japysia » Oct 16th, '06, 08:25

Rating for ep.1: 12.8%

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Oct 16th, '06, 08:27

mikomi wrote: This sounds like a Kdrama already.
Ho no! In a Korean drama, she would be poor, she would have a disease, but her parents would be both dead, her pet dog would have her disease and get raped after a few episods, the guy would be in a wheelchair and his little brothers would be starving etc... etc... :lol

Kawaii Megumi

Post by Kawaii Megumi » Oct 16th, '06, 15:33

japysia wrote:Rating for ep.1: 12.8%
Pretty low viewership for a Kame-drama >.<
===> Sapuri huge failure. I'm convinced that chemistry between characters is a half way of succes ^_^ I'm looking forward to the next episode o.o/

As for the themesong...

Yup... It's missing one thing. It's like a hole in your heart that can be only filled by your love of your life :-(
IT'S MISSING JIN :cry: NOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS
I love the song though ;_; It's such a good lyric ó.ò It almost felt it was for Jin T-T

kaoru 304

Post by kaoru 304 » Oct 16th, '06, 22:45

TIticamara wrote:
kaoru 304 wrote:XDDD ok, you guys are being pessimist XDD lol

Care to share the link to Jbackhouse clubbox? :salut:
oh sure XD
http://clubbox.co.kr/jbackhouse

a great source!

Yeah, Tatta had a low rate. And this will still continue for more two weeks.
Because at same time, TBS is schedulling a special drama that a lot of people were waiting for >_>, I heard.

Gia3000

Post by Gia3000 » Oct 17th, '06, 16:13

Whahaha! Sarcasm... the best sense of humour to have (according to me anyway).

lil'himitsu

Post by lil'himitsu » Oct 17th, '06, 16:47

20centuryboy wrote:
mikomi wrote: This sounds like a Kdrama already.
Ho no! In a Korean drama, she would be poor, she would have a disease, but her parents would be both dead, her pet dog would have her disease and get raped after a few episods, the guy would be in a wheelchair and his little brothers would be starving etc... etc... :lol
Maybe the boat will sank ?
Maybe Kame will be fired because of the factory's bankruptcy ? (then the little bro could starv)
Who knows, don't be so optimistic :whistling:

Now THAT would be very interesting and bold. ^_^ I've never seen or heard of a jdrama where the guy dies yet . . I'm sure there's one out there, but I'm guessing they're rare. Maybe it's sadder to see a pretty girl die than a pretty boy, just my guess. ;)
Depends on the public... But lastest Kame's movie : "Yuuki" was really sad (I don't wanna see Kame dying...again)

suparstarx

Post by suparstarx » Oct 17th, '06, 17:08

This kame guys is really annoying! Feels like watching Nobuta no Produce but with different names

jica

Post by jica » Oct 17th, '06, 20:01

suparstarx wrote:This kame guys is really annoying! Feels like watching Nobuta no Produce but with different names
??
The characters are totally different. I can't see your point.

FruitChaat

Post by FruitChaat » Oct 17th, '06, 20:07

oo just watched the first ep, i really like it
kame looks so hot with his new hair cut =)
i like tht his character is kinda mean/sarcastic rather than the typical if the guy is poor than he's the sweetest guy ever
and koki..haha, i luv tht guy, cept i'm just not feeling the moustache =P

and yea...this is nothing like NwP...

liekwtf

Post by liekwtf » Oct 17th, '06, 22:54

I started watching this dorama mainly because I heard the scriptwriter was good and that Kame was the lead, but I really don't know anymore. There seem to be too many dramatic, slow-motion moments complete with a flute and some bewildered gazes. I even found myself laughing at a few of those parts. Maybe I've watched too many dramas... I'm almost to the point where I do want someone to die at the end, if not both.

My favorite character so far is Erika. She definitely earned my respect from watching Nobuta wo Produce. Koki also a little funny as well, but I can't stand him with a mustache (or whatever that is on his top lip)

I third the fact that this is definitely nothing like Nobuta.

jayph

Post by jayph » Oct 17th, '06, 23:27

thank god at least japanese ppll still have some senses. I have no ideas how kamenishi got famous (actually i do.. jyanni) but yea, i knew this would fail. The better drama with the same kind of mood in this season is :mrgreen:

synergyextreme13

Post by synergyextreme13 » Oct 18th, '06, 02:50

OMG!! i'm totally agreeing here!! I have a feeling...this is going to end up just like Beautiful Life...has anyone seen BL??? I cried my little eyes out...
Just from the voice overs they say....and whats happened in all of ONE episode....i think the girls gonna bite the big one...
Not that i want her to! Pure Love Story...ending picture.... :cry:
I gues we'll see! But i'm totally agreeing with u! I have this...feeellinnnggg

evil_zai

Post by evil_zai » Oct 18th, '06, 03:10

oh lord god, i haven't watched the first epi. that's so lame. and i see the subs are out already. yey! will watch when i get home.

so i heard that it's good. better than a lot of people expected. and the thing about it being slow at start is that, well, the writer is known to be take her time slowly. she builds up the story first, sets the stage, then slowly progresses. but that's what i like about her. she is very subtle in her works. you don't realize how good everything is and how hooked you are until it hits you. i hopt hitokoi turns out to be like her previous works. it'll be amazing.

unkei

Post by unkei » Oct 18th, '06, 03:40

so much kame-hating. so little constructive criticism. =__= so i will type an essay. no spoilers~

if there's one thing i found disappointing about THnK, it was the script. granted, kitagawa eriko's return after 2 years break from scriptwriting may have invoked higher expectations than there should have been, but i find that this script has none of the charm and appeal that she displayed in beautiful life, long vacation and others. there were too many wasted one-liners and unoriginality. there was no spark in any of the lines, although i must admit that kame carries his lines with a smoothness and appeal better than any other character. i really can't see why there is so much kame hate, particularly where most such expressions have no basis. his acting has improved much since nobuta a year ago. if you can demonstrate a particular quality he lacks which a good actor should possess, then all is fine. that is what 'constructive criticism' is. if it's spite against his popularity...god i don't even want to go into that.

on the rest of the cast, kame and ayase have demonstrated a chemistry which is much superior to the kame/ito combo from sapuri, but is slightly lacking when compared to, say ayase and yamada takayuki. ayase depicts the cheerful but naive rich daughter well, but in one scene we are let in to a dark side of her which may or may not be revealed later on. she holds her lines well, save for a few amateur deliveries. in episode one we see much more development of koki and yuuta's characters than erika's. she just kind of...exists for now. koki is once again the comedy relief, whereas i really don't see much significance of yuuta's character so far. perhaps there will be more development of these 3 characters further in. perhaps not. i wouldn't mind the focus being on the two protagonists or on the five core characters. it could work either way.

i love the set-up of the drama. the misty, romantic and gloomier mood the drama produces fits the storyline perfectly. it's a strong contrast to the bright city-life atmosphere of sapuri, and i think it really works. the music is wonderful - every play of the melodramatic main theme, in all its instrumental and voiced versions, makes me melt and really catapults me straight into the scene. the use of character narration in this type of drama setting is very effective, and romantic. someone mentioned an excessive use of slow motion. i don't really understand how it can be excessive, considering i can only think of three scenes where it was used, and two lasting only for a couple of seconds =__= i thought it used very appropriately, save for the pool scene, which i must admit, did induce some out-of-context laughter.

i really enjoyed the first episode thoroughly, despite having formed incredibly high expectations for it prior to its airing. there were faults, but i was impressed with its execution considering the lack of 'pure love' genres on the japanese drama scene. i hope to see it retain some qualities of japanese production, including avoidance of the 'dragginess' which many 'pure love' kdrama seem to possess. i definitely will be following this drama this season~

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Oct 18th, '06, 18:24

jica wrote:
suparstarx wrote:This kame guys is really annoying! Feels like watching Nobuta no Produce but with different names
??
The characters are totally different. I can't see your point.
I totally see his point... Both characters see life as a game, and same personality: Acts cool and maybe even cold, but actually has a good heart.

It's hard for me to imagine Kamenashi playing a role of a mechanic though... He looks like he totally belong in the fancy party with his obocchama face (and out of place when working).
Casting NG.

jica

Post by jica » Oct 18th, '06, 18:58

Well, ok.... But I still don't agree anyway. I think Shuji is more of a hypocrite whereas Hiroto is just bitter. (but none of them are really bad).

FruitChaat

Post by FruitChaat » Oct 18th, '06, 19:08

unkei- intersting essay,lol, though i do agree with you for the most part
tht slo-mo pool scene made me laugh =)
and although i don't really like ayase, she's definetely better with kame than itoh was.
i also hope tht they start using erika's charcter more, b/c i really like her. as for yuuta, i feel like he's just going to the 3rd wheel...kinda like eita was ini orange days

8thSin- although shuuji and hiroto may act the same way, their characters r different
like jica said shuuji is a hypocrite, he makes life a game and plays the part of the most popular guy when he really doesn't agree with it, he really does it b/c he's insecure about himself and just a lonely guy- the lonliness is the void that akira and nobuta eventually fill in for him
hiroto is just cranky..lol, or that's what it seems like so far. he's poor but generally a good guy who has to work hard to get everything, but then he sees all these rich kids who get everything handed to them. When he goes to the party and get's all the girl's numbers it's really just so that he can feel some sort of accomplishment by being able to trick the rich kids, it's just a way to make him feel better about himself

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Oct 18th, '06, 19:42

You guys are right, they are different characters, but I still think they are really similar. Watching this series gave me the impression of producers trying to copy the success of NwP, much like Kurosagi. It really disappointed me when he started saying "Life's a game", but I will keep watching because the story doesn't seem to be that bad.

And yes, I want to see more of Erika too :lol

unkei

Post by unkei » Oct 18th, '06, 23:45

8thSin: i think in THnK, hiroto actually means that 'their' life is just a game. meaning the rich have the time and money to play with life, attend parties and the like, while he has to work for every tiny thing he owns. THnK really is nothing like nobuta~ nobuta is a reflection of social issues and controversies while circling the friendship theme. THnK is just a pure love story.

canon05

Post by canon05 » Oct 19th, '06, 05:36

Kamenashi Kazuya can't act. First saw him in Kindaichi shonen no jikenbo 2005 I was like - okay, maybe that's part of the character. Then I watched Sapuri, again, he acted in the same way as he acted in Kindaichi 2005. This time is a little better because of his gloomy character though his expression is kind of stiff and how he spoke is still the same. They should have cast a better actor at least for the quality the screenwriter has given.

For the story I guessed it would be ----- Hiroto wants to give Nao a lesson by pretending to be interested. When Hiroto finds the right time to hurt her dignity, both become like porcupine hurt each other. Hiroto then started to fell in love with Nao, but he can't since Nao had already seen him as an enemy. Nao takes revenge on him by showing him her happiness --- getting a new boyfriend and getting married. Then Hiroto will get drunk and blame himself until he found out Nao was dying. In the end, Hiroto will blame himself for lifetime. What do you think? :-)

topnotch97

Post by topnotch97 » Oct 19th, '06, 11:08

the way i see this thread going, the male viewers hated this drama, while the female viewers loved this drama. judging from the responses. :lol

rdoll

Post by rdoll » Oct 19th, '06, 13:54

The first episode was enjoyable but somehow the plot is too familiar. Nothing new. I mean how many times we've seen a man/woman waiting for someone in the rain until he/she comes. Hana Yori Dango, With Love, Love Generation (snow), Orange days (there's no rain but at least he still waitng until she comes), etc. And the protagonist is dying or having a desease? What a lame plot. The only saving grace in this drama is the acting. I am no Kamenishi fans (i'm a male) but I think he is a good actor. So does Ayase Haruka. Other than that I will continue watching with no high hope that it will turn great. Well, I stopped watching Sapuri at episode 4 anyway. So it still has 3 more episodes to change my mind...

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Oct 19th, '06, 17:21

The first ep was quite nice. Tho I'd say that the music had more of a Byakuyakou flavor than NwP. Cinematography as well. As for the story ... not enough has happened yet to really get a flavor, but if I have to say if it's closer to Byakuyakou or NwP, I'd say Byakuyakou

martina_SMO

Post by martina_SMO » Oct 20th, '06, 00:37

@topnotch97
he way i see this thread going, the male viewers hated this drama, while the female viewers loved this drama. judging from the responses.
Well, I'm a girl, and I **hated** the first episode XD
I found it lame, cheesy, and completely unoriginal.
And I loved Ayase in Byaku yakou and Kamenashi in Nobuta, so I'm not an 'idol-hater' or something :P

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Oct 20th, '06, 05:21

i liked the first episode :lol i didn't realize that kitagawa eriko was the writer, so i didn't go into the series with high expectations. all i had heard about it was that kame was in it and it was a pure love story. LoL, i thought, "oh great....." but i bit my lip anyway and decided to give it a chance (since i do love kame :lol) . i went into with low expectations and i was surprised!!
a lot of people laughed at the pool scene but i thought it was shot very well. i wouldn't say the first episode was AMAZING, but i really enjoyed it. and i'm looking forward to the other episodes.
i think the thing that upset me the most was koki's moustache. -____-;; LoL, it's just so hideous and i can't stop staring at it. Hiraoka Yuuta (the guy from nana) has his weak-acting points sometimes.. and the role he was given looks like he doesn't have a lot to work with.. i really hope he can pull it together.. but i'm confident he will although i don't know why ^0^
People keep saying there's a "disease" factor or something. does anyone know much about this? i'm kind of wondering if the whole "disease" factor isn't one of the main characters. couldn't it just be the little brother?
(only a spoiler if you haven't seen the first episode)
i mean we did see a glimpse of his wheelchair in the first episode. granted he could just be paralyzed instead of sick..

a-chan8269

Post by a-chan8269 » Oct 20th, '06, 12:05

synergyextreme13 wrote: OMG!! i'm totally agreeing here!! I have a feeling...this is going to end up just like Beautiful Life...has anyone seen BL??? I cried my little eyes out...
Just from the voice overs they say....and whats happened in all of ONE episode....i think the girls gonna bite the big one...
Not that i want her to! Pure Love Story...ending picture.... :cry:
I gues we'll see! But i'm totally agreeing with u! I have this...feeellinnnggg
I've got this feeling too... :cry: When her fathers said "is your body ok?" I thought "OMG, she's ill....so she'll die...:/" And then, there's this scene during Halloween, there's Kame monologue in which he said basically that at this time, he didn't know how this love story will be tough and THEN, we have a screenshot of the cimetary and then on Ayase's face....
I really sense a dying pure girl's ending XDD But I hope I'm wrong!!

But this drama really reminds me of "Orange Days" (previous author's work): the monologue of the main character, the brother with handicap (in OD, the little sister of Shohei), some nostalgy in the air...

I like this first episode, but i think I'll cry in the end.... :unsure:

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Oct 20th, '06, 12:41

a-chan8269 wrote:I've got this feeling too... :cry: When her fathers said "is your body ok?" I thought "OMG, she's ill....so she'll die...:/" And then, there's this scene during Halloween, there's Kame monologue in which he said basically that at this time, he didn't know how this love story will be tough and THEN, we have a screenshot of the cimetary and then on Ayase's face....
I really sense a dying pure girl's ending XDD But I hope I'm wrong!!

But this drama really reminds me of "Orange Days" (previous author's work): the monologue of the main character, the brother with handicap (in OD, the little sister of Shohei), some nostalgy in the air...

I like this first episode, but i think I'll cry in the end.... :unsure:
WAHHHHH NANDE?! :hissy: I'm already watching 14 sai no haha. I'm going to be sooo depressed this season :cry: :cry:

unkei

Post by unkei » Oct 20th, '06, 12:51

yeah his little bro def has a problem~ i think it plays into the plot. but i think the 'disease' factor everyone is referring to is nao's talk with her father, where he enquires about her health. i doubt it's a fatal disease~ i'm thinking it might have been depression or a mental illness of some sort, but that's just a hunch.

i liked the pool scene except for the slow-mo fall-into-the-water bit. that was just a bit too overdone...

yeah the plot is unoriginal, but it's a 'pure love' drama. how original can you possibly get?? people don't watch it for insight, people watch it for fluff and the strength of emotions. you have a million adaptations of 'pride and prejudice' and 'romeo and juliet', and i wouldn't call a single one of them 'original', because the very term adaptation indicates unoriginality. THnK is only another one, and what could make it superior is in good execution, script and production. i hope they can achieve it, for the sake of the romance genre in japanese drama~

evil_zai

Post by evil_zai » Oct 20th, '06, 12:51

the first epi..
well, for me, it was good actually. i was one of those who went into it with expectations. i wouldn't say they were high though. i love eriko's works, and i love kame. so there.
anyway, it was slow. but i liked the slow-ness. eriko afterall is known to love taking her pace, and to wonderful results. this one mainly just introduced the main characters and the circumstances. it laid down the foundation of how the story will work out, and gave me glimpses of stuff that made me curious.
it really is a typical love story, i think. basing on the title alone, you can already tell that it's gonna be a tearjerker. poor guy who's really down on his luck but has really good friends, then meets the kind rich girl (who happens to be sick or something?). sounds too koreanovela-ish. and i don't usually go for stuff like that.
but still, i think this drama should be given a chance. a time to grow. i'm gonna wait for the story to unravel and i have a feeling that it will sneak up on us and before we know it, we're awed by it's greatness. i hope...

a-chan8269

Post by a-chan8269 » Oct 20th, '06, 13:46

unkei wrote:yeah his little bro def has a problem~ i think it plays into the plot. but i think the 'disease' factor everyone is referring to is nao's talk with her father, where he enquires about her health. i doubt it's a fatal disease~ i'm thinking it might have been depression or a mental illness of some sort, but that's just a hunch.
/Maybe spoiler\

Watch this: It's a commercial for the series and in the end, we could see Ayase in a wheelchair....It seems pretty serious though... :-(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPxRf-x8 ... ed&search=

But two people in a wheelchair in one drama, it's curious?! But maybe she has the same illness as the little bro... :scratch:

unkei

Post by unkei » Oct 20th, '06, 19:30

a-chan8269 wrote:
unkei wrote:yeah his little bro def has a problem~ i think it plays into the plot. but i think the 'disease' factor everyone is referring to is nao's talk with her father, where he enquires about her health. i doubt it's a fatal disease~ i'm thinking it might have been depression or a mental illness of some sort, but that's just a hunch.
/Maybe spoiler\

Watch this: It's a commercial for the series and in the end, we could see Ayase in a wheelchair....It seems pretty serious though... :-(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPxRf-x8 ... ed&search=

But two people in a wheelchair in one drama, it's curious?! But maybe she has the same illness as the little bro... :scratch:
haha i've seen that cm. i've always thought she was just sitting and kame was just being angsty lol.

oh well, i guess we'll know ten weeks from now. leave it up to kitagawa eriko and hope for the best~

topnotch97

Post by topnotch97 » Oct 21st, '06, 03:46

is it just me or is Haruka Ayase's character in this series is..... a klutz? :blink

with all the "eh?!?" and "eeeehhhh???"

Chibifed

Post by Chibifed » Oct 21st, '06, 18:23

There is so much Kame hate here XD

@canon05- Have you ever watched Gokusen 2? His character is completely different there. I'm also kinda curious on how you view Ayase's performance.

Also for the similarities between Nobuta and TattaKoi, the director and the person who is charge of the music is same, and it was said somewhere that Kitagawa noticed Kame when he was acting Gokusen 2, so it's a good chance she watched Nobuta too. And what the characters say is completely in the control of Kitagawa.

manon

Post by manon » Oct 22nd, '06, 00:34

Uh kame rox my sox
Such a good actor!
of course, any of his dramas--the scriptwriter likes to give the same characterization

Anyways...its a cross between ryu and shuuji.....
except he likes a girl XD in this one

i liked the first episode...kame is a good actor~
the other girl looks really good with him too, shes cute

hmm i went in with expectations cuz i wanted to watch something new
well not high...cuz its like a love one
but it was better than i thought!!!

Kawaii Megumi

Post by Kawaii Megumi » Oct 22nd, '06, 07:33

I just hope it won't be failure like Sapuri X_X

Koki's moustache is pwnage X""D

canon05

Post by canon05 » Oct 22nd, '06, 08:30

Chibifed wrote:There is so much Kame hate here XD

@canon05- Have you ever watched Gokusen 2? His character is completely different there. I'm also kinda curious on how you view Ayase's performance.

Also for the similarities between Nobuta and TattaKoi, the director and the person who is charge of the music is same, and it was said somewhere that Kitagawa noticed Kame when he was acting Gokusen 2, so it's a good chance she watched Nobuta too. And what the characters say is completely in the control of Kitagawa.
Ayase is okay, she can act imo.

I've seen Nobuta wo Produce, that's I first saw him there. I thought his acts were a part of his character, then followed Kindaichi, his acts are still the same. It's just annoying. I've never seen Gokusen 2 --- heard it's not pretty good.

Yeah I found him a bit different because like you said it's in control by the screenwriter, but still feel unmatched.

Speaking of the storyline, I think I'm a bit off. I saw its trailer earlier there's Ayase sitting on wheechair. :-(

Eliza

Post by Eliza » Oct 22nd, '06, 09:19

Kyaaa, after reding your posts guys, I feel so baka... I don't know where I've got my eyes! While atching 1st episode I didn't notice nythink that would suggest it might end with some seriosu drama or sicknes... Only younger bro seems to be on wheel chair, but that doesn't make automatically drama...

But when I read all your obserwatons, all pices match... Maybe I should go and byu more tissues?

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Oct 22nd, '06, 09:31

Eliza wrote: Maybe I should go and byu more tissues?
:cry: i know how you feel.

a-chan8269

Post by a-chan8269 » Oct 22nd, '06, 12:49

Subbed episode 2 is out, thanks to Dancestar24!!

Well,I think our guesses are pretty confirmed
Nao's granny enquired after Nao's health and feared a "relapse' but her father said she's fine now...probably Nao had a cancer or something in the past...But I sense that the granny's fear will come true... :pale:

As for the Kame little bro', he's got asthma and a weak body...But kame and Nao are cute ogether...^^

I really like this show, eventhough I sense I'll cry in the end....

unkei

Post by unkei » Oct 22nd, '06, 14:59

thoughts on ep2~~

this episode begins to flaunt some of the qualities kitagawa eriko brags, and i found it much stronger than ep1, script-wise. in particular, i loved her characterisation of nao, who in episode 1 came off as a cheerful rich girl, a bit naive, a bit silly. nothing less of a typical heroine. but in episode 2 she began to display a stubbornness and straight-forwardness which is an apparently rare quality when it comes to the general social perception of the typical japanese female. yet ayase managed to portray this with a cuteness and loveable nature which does not usually come hand-in-hand with other 'sassy' females who sometimes try too hard to break the social norm. i suspect that this is the reason hiroto falls in love with her - he's someone who can't seem to word his thoughts, while she can freely and openly let the world know exactly what she's thinking.

favourite line:
nao: i want that orange thing after all~

evil_zai

Post by evil_zai » Oct 22nd, '06, 15:36

epi 2...

was lovely. it was sweet. it was giddy. it was love.
and not just the ordinary youthful love. it was more than that. the beginning of something great. th emotions involved were stronger, more complex. and how the actors dealt with it was marvelous.
i like ayase's nao. her characterization is good. she portrays a really sweet, innocent girl. gives in to stubborness and tantrums, but also, very easy to please. i guess that innocence and at the same time stubborness is what draws hiroto to her. and the way these two come together is just lovely to look at.
and i liked the brothers scene. i swear to god it got me teary-eyed.
things are starting to pick up. i hope the ratings pick up too! i can't wait for next week!

FruitChaat

Post by FruitChaat » Oct 23rd, '06, 01:24

aww i just watched ep2
i agree, it was much stronger than ep1, i'm really starting to enjoy it.

yay! erika got more lines, at least in the begining of the ep, i hope they start using her character more.
koki...man tht guy is just so funny, but i hate the facial hair, he really needs to shave it off
my fav scene was definetly the one b/t kame and the lil bro, it was so kawaii =D

blu

Post by blu » Oct 23rd, '06, 04:36

They keep hinting that Nao was sick/could possibly be sick again...but don't you guys think that it's possible that Hiroto could be the one who ends up dying in the end? It seems possible, judging from the convo that he had with his brother (i.e., the "giving him his heart" and "losing his life for him" bit). Then again, I think most screenwriters don't make it a habit to kill off their narrators. Haha.

japysia

Post by japysia » Oct 23rd, '06, 04:42

Rating ~ 12.8%,10.4%

snowflakez

Post by snowflakez » Oct 23rd, '06, 04:54

how come the rating's so low ?? =( :cry:

I've just finished watching episode 1. I thought it was nice =D =D

downloading episode 2 halfway now. can't wait!

choco_panda

Post by choco_panda » Oct 23rd, '06, 06:26

I'm another one who agree with canon05, personally I don't really like Kame acting. Not that I dont like him thou. I've seen him in Nobuta, Kindaichi, yuki and sapuri and yeah, I think his acting is in a way, similar in every character. His voice dosent change.

I like the sub-characters thou, koki, erika and that other guy. I also found the brother adorable :) Ayase is okay. good acting, but some times her character annoy me a little (which I think Nao might annoy me even more as the serie progress.)

I didnt like the 1st EP, I felt like it drag a bit. But the 2nd one is definately better. I cant say much thou, cuz some drama grow on me after watching 5-6 eps. So, lets hope this one will do the same to me as well.

And well, I think the story line is not that original, quite easy to guess. I just hope Nao wont die at the end thou. At least I want this to be kinda a bit sad but happy ending.
But well, I was watching with my Jap friend, and from the start she was like, Is Nao going to die? why Kame talked bout her using past tense.

unkei

Post by unkei » Oct 23rd, '06, 08:31

blu wrote:They keep hinting that Nao was sick/could possibly be sick again...but don't you guys think that it's possible that Hiroto could be the one who ends up dying in the end? It seems possible, judging from the convo that he had with his brother (i.e., the "giving him his heart" and "losing his life for him" bit). Then again, I think most screenwriters don't make it a habit to kill off their narrators. Haha.
haha i had a RANDOM RANDOM theory that BOTH of them are going to die at the end. this is because of the countless number of 'romeo and juliet' references, particularly from the 1996 movie, i've found in the drama. for example,
their families don't hate each other, but they do come from completely different worlds. hiroto sees nao through this bluish water structure (read: fish tank), at a party where hiroto has 'masked' his identity. they then fall into a pool, the exact same way romeo and juliet fell into the pool in the movie. in episode 2 they 'communicate' with one another with nao on a balcony.
way too many to be just coincidental. clever in-text references, but will kitagawa eriko stay true to the ending??

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Oct 23rd, '06, 12:32

unkei wrote:
their families don't hate each other, but they do come from completely different worlds. hiroto sees nao through this bluish water structure (read: fish tank), at a party where hiroto has 'masked' his identity. they then fall into a pool, the exact same way romeo and juliet fell into the pool in the movie. in episode 2 they 'communicate' with one another with nao on a balcony.
^ Aw, i noticed that too!! but i thought it was just a coincidence.. you may be right that they're trying to hint something with it though.

I LOVED episode two! This series is already picking up! i hope it can keep going like this. I'm really loving erika's character now. Koki can be just a little over the top sometimes but i still adore him :wub:
anyway my favorite part
When Kame held out his hand for Ayase's and she just put the little orange thing in his hand innocently.. LoL, so adorable

Aulcard

Post by Aulcard » Oct 23rd, '06, 12:57

Meh. I watched the first half of episode 1 and quickly became bored and tried some other series instead. It wasnt anything in particular, just that the first impression I got was not one to keep me interested.

Though I am probably being rash in my judgement, the first episode of Sapuri seemed more interesting than the first episode of this series.

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Oct 23rd, '06, 14:01

unkei wrote:thoughts on ep2~~

this episode begins to flaunt some of the qualities kitagawa eriko brags, and i found it much stronger than ep1, script-wise. in particular, i loved her characterisation of nao, who in episode 1 came off as a cheerful rich girl, a bit naive, a bit silly. nothing less of a typical heroine. but in episode 2 she began to display a stubbornness and straight-forwardness which is an apparently rare quality when it comes to the general social perception of the typical japanese female. yet ayase managed to portray this with a cuteness and loveable nature which does not usually come hand-in-hand with other 'sassy' females who sometimes try too hard to break the social norm. i suspect that this is the reason hiroto falls in love with her - he's someone who can't seem to word his thoughts, while she can freely and openly let the world know exactly what she's thinking.

favourite line:
nao: i want that orange thing after all~

Yeah. Kitagawa is really good. My favourite line is the part about sugar.
iike a sugar put in cold water. No matter how much it was stirred, it didn't mel. No matter how much I tried, I couldn't

[/spoiler]