Goong S / Palace S (MBC, 2007)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
mkaymrxo

Post by mkaymrxo » Jul 22nd, '06, 02:27

uhm...i heard a rumor that said Kim Jung Hoon a.k.a. "Yul" isn't going to be in Goong 2
is that right? bc if he's not in it, then i really don't want to watch it;
he's one of the reasons why i love this series.
xYuki wrote:all i know is, in the second season, yul better be in it and he better get some happiness. im tired of him losing things. oh and shin's friends are so kyo! especially the one that liked hyorin. can u sey beautiful?
i agree. i cried most of the time bc of him during the series. i really wanted him to be w// CG :-(

H2O

Post by H2O » Jul 22nd, '06, 03:03

There aren't any news yet to confirm or disprove this rumor. You should stay tune to the Goong thread at Soompi because everyone's ranting about how hateful they'd be if the original casts, especially YEH & JJH are not coming back. *I'm one of them! :D* (http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php? ... f=16&t=274)

wynnzhng

Lee yul~~~

Post by wynnzhng » Jul 22nd, '06, 14:51

mkaymrxo wrote:uhm...i heard a rumor that said Kim Jung Hoon a.k.a. "Yul" isn't going to be in Goong 2
is that right? bc if he's not in it, then i really don't want to watch it;
he's one of the reasons why i love this series.
xYuki wrote:all i know is, in the second season, yul better be in it and he better get some happiness. im tired of him losing things. oh and shin's friends are so kyo! especially the one that liked hyorin. can u sey beautiful?
i agree. i cried most of the time bc of him during the series. i really wanted him to be w// CG :-(
i totally agree with u. i kept my stamina for the show due to Kim Jeong Hoon. Man... i really tihnk that he should have CG...

before i unwrapped my dvds, i was prayin so hard that he was the lead... nonetheless God din her my prayers. sigh~~ i seriously hope that second season CG was together with YUl wahaha. whoops i guess lotaz ppl are gonna kill me somehow~

wynnzhng

Post by wynnzhng » Jul 22nd, '06, 14:54

well... i seriously hope that Goong 2... Yul gets something. After watchin Goong 1 i seriously don think Shin should have CG and his acting skills is a little inflexible somehow. I tihnk Kim Jung Hoon did bring out what is outta him as Lee Yul.

nonetheless i guess im being a little bais :P im a Yul fan!!!

malay_tiger

Post by malay_tiger » Jul 22nd, '06, 15:15

What Goong Season 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should be awesome...............................

sargaborso

Post by sargaborso » Jul 22nd, '06, 15:32

title suggestion for season 2:
Goong - Yul finds happiness :heart: :heart: :heart:
or am I a bit naive :whistling: ?

H2O

Post by H2O » Jul 22nd, '06, 18:51

I think if there is going to be a "Goong 2", Yul MIGHT end up with Hyorin because I read the character synopsis on the MBC site that Hyorin began to like Yul and Yul like her, too. I was like "WHAT?! O_o" I DID NOT even feel that there is ANYTHING going on between the two characters!!! *Yeah...Yul pitied her, that much I can tell, but I did not feel that his character "likes" her! O.o*
[http://content.mbc.co.kr/e_mbc/drama.asp?idx=201]
{Scroll all the way down and read Yul's and Hyorin's character synopsis...you'll see what I meant...}

This is part of what they have for Yul:
Although he keeps his distance from Hyo-rin, who approaches him knowing that he’s ranked second in succession to the throne, he gets to understand her pure desire and experiences another change in feelings in his relationship with her. Like a plant absorbing water, he gets involved in the situation of regal authority and in Hyo-rin, naturally falling in love with her and becoming the rival for the one-and-only successor to the crown.
This is part of what they have for Yul:
Also, when she approaches Yool, ranked second in succession, and sees the potential of realizing her ambitions, she is perplexed by the unexpected change in emotions she experiences.

pumahmistress

Post by pumahmistress » Jul 22nd, '06, 19:08

Hmm, I'm not sure I wanna watch S2 if Yoon Eun Hye isn't in it ...I ADORED how she played Chae-kyung.

I REALLYREALLY hope that all original cast will be in S2 <3<3

xxsarahhoangerz

Post by xxsarahhoangerz » Jul 22nd, '06, 20:30

From what i hear, CHAEGYUN, SHIN, YUL AND HYORIN WILL BE ACTING IN SEASON 2 OF GOONG. Someone told me on Soompi, and it was on a talk show, and this list. But, the three friends werent on the list.

ANYWHO, WHAT??? YUL FALLS IN LOVE WITH HYORIN? aw, i knew it was going to happen though. I mean.. only them 4 are on the poster, and it should be all couples. Darn.. I wish Yul would stiill wait for ChaeGyung =] ahha.

pumahmistress

Post by pumahmistress » Jul 22nd, '06, 20:47

Ah, let's all hope that the original cast will still be there for S2 of Goong ...and if they are, it'll be very interesting to see where they take the storyline. They could've ended it with S1 since we got our happy ending ....but hey, if S2 is as good as S1 I'm not complaining about more Goong-love ;D

H2O

Post by H2O » Jul 23rd, '06, 03:24

xxsarahhoangerz wrote:From what i hear, CHAEGYUN, SHIN, YUL AND HYORIN WILL BE ACTING IN SEASON 2 OF GOONG. Someone told me on Soompi, and it was on a talk show, and this list. But, the three friends werent on the list.

ANYWHO, WHAT??? YUL FALLS IN LOVE WITH HYORIN? aw, i knew it was going to happen though. I mean.. only them 4 are on the poster, and it should be all couples. Darn.. I wish Yul would stiill wait for ChaeGyung =] ahha.
Sorry! That was me! It is true, though! If you watch Goong 1.5 Special, at the end, the hosts asked YEH & JJH if they'd be back in Goong 2, and they both said YES...but NOW, they're so busy, it's a POSSIBILITY that they MIGHT be replaced.

As for Yul & Hyorin, that's MY PREDICTION...because the plot of Goong 2 (if it is indeed going to be filmed) is unknown to us now. However, if they are going to film it, of course all FOUR main characters are going to be back, however, that doesn't mean that they will be played by the same four people. Sooo....just wait for a few more months, and we'll know for sure. ^.^

wynnzhng

Post by wynnzhng » Jul 25th, '06, 15:02

NONNONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *starts running and kickin around*

NONONONON!!!!!!!!!!! YUL CANT BE WITH HYORIN~~~~~~ WITH CG~~~ ARGHHH
*PULLS HAIR*

H2O

Post by H2O » Jul 30th, '06, 15:40

Here's the translation (by fern, sorry :(,I forgot who timed it) that is put into a .srt file if anyone wants to play it with the Goong 1.5 Special (it's only partially translated, so EVERYTHING is NOT translated).

Goong 1.5 Special: http://yooneunhye.org/video/Goong_1.5_Special.asf
Goong 1.5 Special Translation: http://www.myfilehut.com/userfiles/1441 ... pecial.srt
Goong 1.5 english subbed (not done by WITH S2): http://youtube.com/results?search=goong ... rch_videos

sargaborso

Post by sargaborso » Jul 30th, '06, 16:11

H2O wrote:Here's the translation (by fern, sorry :(,I forgot who timed it) that is put into a .srt file if anyone wants to play it with the Goong 1.5 Special (it's only partially translated, so EVERYTHING is NOT translated).

Goong 1.5 Special: http://yooneunhye.org/video/Goong_1.5_Special.asf
Goong 1.5 Special Translation: http://www.myfilehut.com/userfiles/1441 ... pecial.srt
Goong 1.5 english subbed (not done by WITH S2): http://youtube.com/results?search=goong ... rch_videos
yep, thank you, I'm so glad the sub is out :cheers:

H2O

Post by H2O » Jul 30th, '06, 16:37

You're very welcome! I know! It's so much easier to watch it now! ^.^

I've seen Goong 1.5 FOUR times already!
1. Without subs
2. Without subs, while reading the translation as I watched
3. Without subs, but with translation playing along on the screen while watching it
4. With subs on YouTube. ^.^

***Man! Am I desperate or what? :D [DON'T answer that! :P]***

li-yin

Post by li-yin » Jul 31st, '06, 17:18

I can't wait!
I think ir'll be good! ^^

mili_xox

:D

Post by mili_xox » Aug 2nd, '06, 21:05

Hellooo!

Goong was the first foreign drama I saw back when it was recommended to me by a friend and omg i loved it so much. The end was fabulous... i really loved it.

I'm a bit worried about season 2 though. Like... what is the new complicated love story going to be? I just don't think it'll be as amazing as season 1.

I don't think it will be like Meteor garden though. I watched the first season and LOVED it but when i moved on to the FIRST episode of the second season i cried. I cried because i had waited all that time for htem to end up together and then a crash causes them to split for another entire season. I was hoping maybe season two would focus on another relationship like raine's and that other f4 guy...

Anyway I am really looking forward to Goong 2. Even if it's not as great, I'm sure it'll be hilarious :D

jonnyboi

Post by jonnyboi » Aug 3rd, '06, 21:00

goong season 2 had better not ruin the whole series...if it does a lot of people are going to be pissed.

Like meteor garden 2 ruined the whole series of meteor garden.

mili_xox

Post by mili_xox » Aug 4th, '06, 20:23

I was just told that season 2 will only have 5 episodes... is that true... and is that even possible? for an entire seasons to have only 5 episodes? aii -.-;

shootingst8r

Post by shootingst8r » Aug 5th, '06, 05:22

I LOVED Goong! It was cute and sweet. Even though some parts did drag, I would love to see more of Shin & CY.

I just hate the fact that there is so much questions about Part 2. I really hope for the original people. If not, then I'm not sure I can stand to watch it!! :cry:

asianblondgirl

Post by asianblondgirl » Aug 5th, '06, 05:30

yeah i wouldent be able to watch it if it wasent with the same actors.

H2O

Post by H2O » Aug 6th, '06, 19:32

mili_xox wrote:I was just told that season 2 will only have 5 episodes... is that true... and is that even possible? for an entire seasons to have only 5 episodes? aii -.-;
Where did you heard this? :unsure: :unsure: I've seen dramas before that have 4 episodes, and another one that have 6 episodes. So, it is possible. However, KDramas usually are 16 or 20 episodes. After keeping us fans waiting so long for season 2, I'm sure they won't make it THAT short. :lol *At least I hope not! :D*

xYuki

Post by xYuki » Aug 6th, '06, 20:38

it better not be a kspecial like hanoi bride....i think i'll cry :cry:

clutzyshell

Post by clutzyshell » Aug 6th, '06, 23:31

What i want to kno was when did they even HINT that Shin and Cg had done it? I was amazed when she turned out pregnant! I cant wait for a season 2. Shin and CG with a baby! And i wonder if Yul will come back again and want to take CG away from Shin?
It couldn't have been when she was hiccuping because it seemed that the time when she showed that she might have morning sickness from the time she was hiccuping all night, the time span seems way too long that she didn't show.

I agree that it will be about how Shin is sick. But doesn't that mean... he won't be in it that much? Well, also, i think it will also include what happened to Yul and Hyo-rin.

but since i heard its only gonna be 4-5 EPISODES (nooooooo).. i guess it will be about how the CG and Shin friends pair off and how Yul and Hyo-rin cope with their stuff.. and about how Shin is sick.
I've read the summary from Wiki and all of the old the casts are returning! However, at Soompi, I've read that Lee Jun-ki is replacing Joo Ji Hoon , and Im Soo Jung is replacing Yoon Eun Hye. Is this true or is the production still debating?
WHAT THE HECK? i mean lee junki is hot and i could see the slight resemblance but WHAT THE F? lol... well i saw on wikidrama and under the actors' and actresses' names, it said they were going to be in goong season 2 (2007).

Whatever... someone said that Yul and Hyo-rin might end up today (ew they don't match) Hyo-rin should be with that Shin's friend in that green buggy car.. THE HOTTIE-- CHOI SUNG JOON (Kang In.. shin's friend who gives out the cell phones)

H2O

Post by H2O » Aug 7th, '06, 05:57

clutzyshell wrote:It couldn't have been when she was hiccuping because it seemed that the time when she showed that she might have morning sickness from the time she was hiccuping all night, the time span seems way too long that she didn't show.

I agree that it will be about how Shin is sick. But doesn't that mean... he won't be in it that much? Well, also, i think it will also include what happened to Yul and Hyo-rin.

but since i heard its only gonna be 4-5 EPISODES (nooooooo).. i guess it will be about how the CG and Shin friends pair off and how Yul and Hyo-rin cope with their stuff.. and about how Shin is sick.
What?! He's going to be "sick"?! Where did you get THAT? :crazy: :crazy:
WHAT THE HECK? i mean lee junki is hot and i could see the slight resemblance but WHAT THE F? lol... well i saw on wikidrama and under the actors' and actresses' names, it said they were going to be in goong season 2 (2007).
After weeks a Soompi, I've found out that this was just a misinterpretation. It's not true. However, the casting is still not yet confirmed. :(
Whatever... someone said that Yul and Hyo-rin might end up today (ew they don't match) Hyo-rin should be with that Shin's friend in that green buggy car.. THE HOTTIE-- CHOI SUNG JOON (Kang In.. shin's friend who gives out the cell phones)

Hahaha! Sorry, that was ME! :mrgreen: I don't know, but that's my prediction after reading the characters' synopsis from the MBC site. It says that Yul FELL for Hyorin later in the drama, etc. It was odd to find that out after finishing the drama {because I didn't get THAT kind of hints from Yul}, but again, it's just a PREDICTION

jangirl

Post by jangirl » Aug 7th, '06, 13:13

i love love love this drama :wub:
YEH and JJH have great onscreen chemistry. im anticipating to see them together again in GOONG 2.

shin and bigungmama rocks!

Ciara#1

Post by Ciara#1 » Aug 7th, '06, 13:18

PRINCESS HOURS SECOND SEASON WILL ONLY BE GREAT WITH SAME CHARACTERS!!!!!!!

flamingall

Post by flamingall » Aug 7th, '06, 13:30

Goong very nice and have a nice soundtrack...
I love them very much...
Attachments
photo12564.jpg
photo12564.jpg (44.36 KiB) Viewed 4078 times

H2O

Post by H2O » Aug 7th, '06, 23:38

I love the background music in #10 & #13 on the second OST! Too bad there's talking in it. Does anyone have the RAW version? It's not on the OSTs. :(

bunny05

Post by bunny05 » Oct 18th, '06, 20:37

Hi, i just read the Drama wiki today and it said that Goong 2 is about a prince who work in a chinese restaurant and doesn't know that he possesses royal blood.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Goong_Season_2

Also I didn't see any of the cast from Goong 1 under casting but the following people will be staring in Goong 2:

* Se7en
* Heo Yi Jae
* Park Shin Hye
* Kang Du

when i did a search on Google, it said that the drama will be about Shin's cousin and his sister who lives his life as a delivery boy.

I don't know if this is true or not. just thought i post this and my apology if someone already did posted this.

__4getmenot

Post by __4getmenot » Oct 19th, '06, 00:01

bunny05: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! :wub:

thnx for the update...tho i can't say im not disappointed with the fact that they'r not using the original cast

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » Oct 19th, '06, 00:12

haah..ikn0..haf of me is glad to finally see se7en acting..after a long wait...lol.. but haf of me dun want him to be on Goong 2!!!!! but then again..i have a feeling that it cud be a bit boring if we have the sme cast again..and im sure the director knows wut he's doin.. lol..besides, lets give the newbies a chance..after..we had the sme reaction to Goong before right? when the actors/actresses that we wanted weren't casted for the role...so..i say..i won't judge until i see it..lol.

__4getmenot

Post by __4getmenot » Oct 19th, '06, 00:19

fairytwix wrote:haah..ikn0..haf of me is glad to finally see se7en acting..after a long wait...lol.. but haf of me dun want him to be on Goong 2!!!!! but then again..i have a feeling that it cud be a bit boring if we have the sme cast again..and im sure the director knows wut he's doin.. lol..besides, lets give the newbies a chance..after..we had the sme reaction to Goong before right? when the actors/actresses that we wanted weren't casted for the role...so..i say..i won't judge until i see it..lol.

yeah...now that u put it in that perspective i guess ur rite :-)

Peixuan

Eun hye smiles

Post by Peixuan » Oct 19th, '06, 17:31

Can someone who had eun hye email tell her that she's more original and natural when she show her teeth when she smiles.. :-)
She is also a very different person in another world when she's in Xman not like the princess I watched in Goong as the dances she did really gave me a "wow" look..
I can see that she really enjoyed herself there by the look of her smiles..genuine smiles :)
I admire her and She Rocks!
Attachments
She smiles with her teeth shown :] natural isnt it..haha :)
She smiles with her teeth shown :] natural isnt it..haha :)
yeh0102.jpg (98.17 KiB) Viewed 4092 times

bunny05

Post by bunny05 » Oct 19th, '06, 20:00

I guess then Goong 2 won't really ruin the ending of the first one since it'll be about another prince.

Geisha

Post by Geisha » Oct 20th, '06, 03:46

has anyone seen this?

[img]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j79/6 ... goong2.jpg[/img]

i dunno but even though they said that all the characters will be back, i think they'll be just in the background...... :cry:

Pao

:alcoholic:

Peixuan

Post by Peixuan » Oct 20th, '06, 14:32

Isn't Shin's cousin, yul?

Peixuan

Post by Peixuan » Oct 20th, '06, 14:47

Isn't Shin's cousin, yul?

tisa

Post by tisa » Oct 21st, '06, 01:33

Maybe I will watch. I just don't like the title because its the title of the manga and Goong 2 has got nothing to do with the manga anymore. Maybe the director thought naming the series Goong 2 will increase viewership but to me it has the opposite affect.

Anyways, it would be better to forget Goong 1 before watching Goong 2 and give se7en a chance. After watching episode 1we will know if he's any good at acting or if he should better stick with singing.

korean_foreva

“Goong/Palace 2 – Prince House (&#44417; 2)” Cast ARE:

Post by korean_foreva » Oct 21st, '06, 18:00

Se7en, Huh Yi Jae, Kangdu, and Park Shin Hye lead the MBC drama “Palace 2 – Prince House (궁 2)”

10/16/06 – Singer Se7en (세븐, aka Choi Dong Wook, 최동욱), Huh Yi Jae (허이재), Kangdu (강두) and Park Shin Hye (박신혜) are selected to lead the drama “Palace 2 – Prince House (궁2)” scheduled to be aired by MBC early next year.

Supporting cast including Kim Hye Ja, Yoon Yoo Sun, and Park Chan Hwan (김혜자, 윤유선, 박찬환) will once again collaborate in this drama. The filming is scheduled to begin in November.
Attachments
Se7en.jpg
Se7en.jpg (224.53 KiB) Viewed 6763 times
Last edited by korean_foreva on Oct 21st, '06, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.

melica37

Post by melica37 » Oct 21st, '06, 18:07

Thanks alot for the pictures and info. I am gonna tune in but I miss my Shin already... :cry:

korean_foreva

Post by korean_foreva » Oct 21st, '06, 18:10

lolz....its no probz....still cnt believe it tho...no shin or CG or Yul....TT

H2O

Post by H2O » Oct 21st, '06, 18:12

CLARIFICATION: Goong 2 is connected to Goong (in someways); however, this is an entire DIFFERENT storyline/plot. These characters (below) are new, so they ARE NOT the replacements of the characters from Goong. Please do not compare Goong 2 to Goong as it is a BRAND NEW drama (NOT a sequel).

The most recent news is (from Soompi):
[http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php? ... 16&t=90661]
Goong 2 (궁 2) Prince Hours

[img]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j79/6 ... goong2.jpg[/img]

Cast: Se7en/Choi Dong Wook , Heo Yi Jae (Sunflower, 비열한 거리), Park Shin Hye (Heaven's Tree), Kang Doo (Hello Francesca)
Plot: About a prince who does not know he possesses royal blood who is working as a delivery boy in a chinese restaurant. The story is about him entering the palace and what happens after that.

Filming will start in November 2006 to be aired on MBC in January 2007

Characters profiles
(Credit Sandy @ purpletiger86 for translating)

*Seven aka Choi Dong-Wook plays the character: Lee Hoo
*Huh Lee-Jae plays the character: Yang Soon-Ae (she's the main female lead, since she plays the opposite of Seven)
*Kang Doo plays the character: Lee Joon (he's from the group 'The Jadu', but according to that picture of the four leads...he sure doesn't look like Kang Doo, lol)
*Park Shin Hye plays the character: Shin Sae-Ryung

+Lee Hoo (Seven): His blood flows in a Royal family, but Lee Hoo doesn't know it. Not knowing that he's a prince, he works at a Chinese Restaurant as a delivery boy...delivering food in the palace. He looks at everything in a positive aspect and is an optimist by nature. Though he's in poverty (poor), he lives every day freely...but one day, something happens and it's the start of his life as a royal.

+Yang Soon-Ae (Huh Lee-Jae): Everyone in the neighborhood knows Soon-Ae as an impracticable girl. She thinks preciously of her fraternal twin. But one day, she finds out that Lee Hoo is the boy that she grew up with as a child, and they start their life's together in the palace.

+Kang Doo (Lee Joon): To become a prince, he recieved training as a mastery elite. He's a great candidate. Lee Hoo's appearance makes Lee Joon get farther away from becoming a prince. He's a perfectionist.

+Park Shin-Hye (Shin Sae-Ryung): Honor and power, Sae-Ryung grew up in a wealthy family. She has never lost first place/spot at school (meaning she's very smart)...she has skills and the looks of becoming prince's wife. She always had the ambition of becoming a royal princess. However, the prince that she has always imagined of is completely different when she see's Lee Hoo's sudden appearance. A change comes to her way.

That's pretty much it for now. ^__^

mkaymrxo

Post by mkaymrxo » Oct 21st, '06, 19:30

hah. i just came from soompi to here.
i'm pretty disappointed that the old cast isn't going to be in the "sequel".

mkaymrxo

Post by mkaymrxo » Oct 21st, '06, 19:31

just because SeveN is going to act in season 2 doesn't mean it's going to be better than season 1. oh well, who knows. we'll just have to wait and see.

nuclear

Post by nuclear » Oct 21st, '06, 19:59

i gotta feeling there going to rape this new season. it will suck hardcore.

asiandreamer117
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by asiandreamer117 » Oct 21st, '06, 20:00

Needless to say, like the rest of the Goong lovers out there, I'm pretty disappointed that Goong as I know it won't have a sequel that follows the original story line. :cry:
What's the point of saying that Goong 2 will be the sequel of the original Goong if the entire storyline is completely different, there are different CHARACTERS, and the original cast is nowhere to be found? :scratch:
Aren't the producers better off by giving the new production an entirely new name and entirely new identity?
The publicity on this new production isn't that great, since it's not even close to what we expected it to be.
:glare:
I'll probably still see it, but as of now it leaves a lot to be desired.

missatralissa

Post by missatralissa » Oct 21st, '06, 20:01

i still can't believe Se7en is in it... i'm not to happy that there's a new cast. personally i still need some closure from the first season. (that end... wtf?!)

but yeah... Se7en, lets hope he can act. o.O

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Oct 21st, '06, 20:06

that girl next to se7en is Huh Yi Jae? she new?? she 98% looks like kim tae hee :O

asiandreamer117
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by asiandreamer117 » Oct 21st, '06, 20:09

I love Se7en and Park Hye Jin.. :wub: but I just never pictured them acting in Goong 2. :unsure:
Park Hye Jin gives me a sad vibe after Stairway of Heaven and Tree of Heaven. :cry:
Maybe this is her breakthrough into the happy side of my mind. :O

korean_foreva

Post by korean_foreva » Oct 21st, '06, 20:12

omg i just cnt w8.....hehe se7en kinda looks like yul as well..¬¬....odd

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Oct 21st, '06, 20:23

That's not a very good picture of the guy and girl on the right side.....I just noticed it says "Prince Hours" instead of "Princess Hours"

lilipad

Post by lilipad » Oct 21st, '06, 20:23

WOW!! i'm so EXCITED!!! though yes...i will definetely mourn the end of shin and chaegyung! T_T

arabian

Post by arabian » Oct 21st, '06, 20:36

Is Park Shin Hye the lead female in the drama..

Sousday

Post by Sousday » Oct 21st, '06, 20:46

I didn't like the previous cast (exept for Yul >.<) Hope this will be better ^^

H2O

Post by H2O » Oct 21st, '06, 22:07

asiandreamer117 wrote:Needless to say, like the rest of the Goong lovers out there, I'm pretty disappointed that Goong as I know it won't have a sequel that follows the original story line. :cry:
What's the point of saying that Goong 2 will be the sequel of the original Goong if the entire storyline is completely different, there are different CHARACTERS, and the original cast is nowhere to be found? :scratch:
Aren't the producers better off by giving the new production an entirely new name and entirely new identity?...
Hear hear! That's what I've been saying! :cheers: Calling it a "sequel" will only make a lot of Goong fans scrutinize it more. :-( Like you said, making it a BRAND new drama, separate from Goong will probably be best.

No offense to this drama, though. I am going to support it, but I just don't like them calling it a "sequel". :P
OvertheRainbow wrote:That's not a very good picture of the guy and girl on the right side.....I just noticed it says "Prince Hours" instead of "Princess Hours"
Hahaha! I just saw the poster the other day, and didn't notice it! :goggle: However, it makes sense though, since the story will focus on the "PRINCE" instead of the "PRINCESS" this time.

Thank you so much WITHS2 for considering this project! (Thanks a million for taking up Goong, too! ^__^) You guys/girls work SUPER FAST! That's what we're all counting on! *At least I am, anyways!* :lol

asiandreamer117
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by asiandreamer117 » Oct 23rd, '06, 18:15

H2O wrote: Calling it a "sequel" will only make a lot of Goong fans scrutinize it more. :-( Like you said, making it a BRAND new drama, separate from Goong will probably be best.

No offense to this drama, though. I am going to support it, but I just don't like them calling it a "sequel". :P
I definitely agree with you.
Maybe that's exactly what the production staff wants to do: get Goong fans to scrutinize it so that it brings up good publicity.
However, at the same time wouldn't that be double-edged sword for them? :scratch: The major opinion of the Goong fans right now is that Goong 2 "Prince Hours" is going to mess up the great impression that Goong "Princess Hours" left.
Perhaps I wouldn't have been so upset if from the beginning the producers had said that there would be no second season to Goong. The first season ended well :D , with the "baby" question answered by those adorable teddy bears.
However, when, during Goong I 1/2, they came back and said that it wasn't pregnancy but actually "food poisoning", many ears perked up. Although many thought that a continuation of the plot would cause the entire series to be overdone, I was curious what they would unleash in the second season. :goggle:
BUT NOW.. they disappoint all of us again by telling us that Goong 2 is nothing close to what Goong was. :-(

Of course, whenever subs come out, I'll definitely support Goong 2, just with less fervor than I would've if it hadn't given me such a disappointing first impression. :glare:

apemo1

Post by apemo1 » Oct 25th, '06, 20:11

the cast from goong 2 arent gonne be the same!! its all new ppl :-(

H2O

Post by H2O » Oct 26th, '06, 14:39

I definitely agree with you....Perhaps I wouldn't have been so upset if from the beginning the producers had said that there would be no second season to Goong. The first season ended well , with the "baby" question answered by those adorable teddy bears.
However, when, during Goong I 1/2, they came back and said that it wasn't pregnancy but actually "food poisoning", many ears perked up....

Of course, whenever subs come out, I'll definitely support Goong 2, just with less fervor than I would've if it hadn't given me such a disappointing first impression.
Yeah, I was DEFINITELY expecting a baby to pop up SOMEWHERE. I mean, for the rest of their lives, I'm sure there will be one/some. ^__^ At the end of Goong, she WAS NOT pregnant; however, that does not mean that she WON'T be later on. I think the bears show that she WILL have a baby (shortly after their marriage? ^_~).

I assume that you're the subber for WITHS2, then? How many subbers are there?

irene123yoyo

Post by irene123yoyo » Oct 29th, '06, 20:08

i hope Goong 2 would be as good as the first one!

EVE_in_BLACK

Post by EVE_in_BLACK » Oct 30th, '06, 11:11

it gonna be intersting :D
watching goong2 and compare it to the 1st

I don't like the new cast
why didn't they keep Yul ??
I'm gonna miss him

nuclear

Post by nuclear » Oct 30th, '06, 20:50

EVE_in_BLACK wrote:it gonna be intersting :D
watching goong2 and compare it to the 1st

I don't like the new cast
why didn't they keep Yul ??
I'm gonna miss him

what do you mean by "i didnt like" is it already on air goong2 :blink

Jesette

Post by Jesette » Nov 2nd, '06, 08:20

I wonder why it is said to be a part 2 when the original cast is not there. They might as well change the title all together to make it a new series. It is obvious that they're banking on the popularity of the original "Goong." I have nothing against the new cast, they seem to look good and popular, but let them be accepted without being compared to the original cast later on.

miin_soon

Post by miin_soon » Nov 3rd, '06, 15:53

Aww... I don't think this Goong 2 will be as good as the original Goong. >_<

Jesette wrote:
I wonder why it is said to be a part 2 when the original cast is not there. They might as well change the title all together to make it a new series. It is obvious that they're banking on the popularity of the original "Goong." I have nothing against the new cast, they seem to look good and popular, but let them be accepted without being compared to the original cast later on.
Yeah, I rlly agree with you... It wont be "Goong 2" without the casts from the original ! They should at least put someone... :roll

<3 Chae Gyung~
<3 Yul~
<3 Shin~

lazybum

Post by lazybum » Nov 3rd, '06, 16:03

it's gonna be weird w/ a new cast

korean_foreva

Post by korean_foreva » Nov 3rd, '06, 16:05

they mite put shin and chae gyung...becuase they r kinda gonna b filmin at the palace and newais se7en(shin cuz) will have to learn from shin??..wont he....

NADZ

Post by NADZ » Nov 3rd, '06, 16:23

i dont think it gana be that bad
we should have some hope
i was really sad because the shifted the story from Shin and Begom :unsure: :glare:
i like se7en and the leading female actress (although i didnt like her in My Lovely Sam Soom :x )

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Nov 3rd, '06, 16:25

I miss the first cast of Goong! Come back.

miran

Post by miran » Nov 4th, '06, 16:27

hoooo !!!! myGoddddd
se7en oppa
he so cute veryyyyy

jani

Post by jani » Nov 11th, '06, 09:57

korean_foreva wrote:omg i just cnt w8.....hehe se7en kinda looks like yul as well..¬¬....odd
i totally agree with that!
when i first saw yul in the drama i thought 'se7en' but yea it's weird how much they look alike...

hwawa

Post by hwawa » Nov 12th, '06, 07:31

just finished the first ep. its not that bad overall. will comment again after i have time to continue watching

StarCrystal

Post by StarCrystal » Nov 12th, '06, 08:07

hwawa You probably should have posted in the original Goong thread ;x

Remember don't be biased/judge before you seen the drama. The original Goong was also criticized before and look at it now, it's a huge hit. Everyone (the 4 main leads) except for Kim Jung Hoon declined the offer to be in Goong 2.
You can see the article here: http://ent-you.blogspot.com/2006/09/fou ... ation.html
So it was their choice to not be involved in this drama. The new cast is not replacing the old cast because Goong 2 will have a different plot. I guess they kept the name because of the same support cast members (the family and whatnot) and similiar elements. Besides it'll get too confusing with a different name.

lovergirl259_z

Post by lovergirl259_z » Nov 15th, '06, 23:47

im gonna miss Yul and chaegyung..but im happy to hear Park shin hye will staring Goong season2..