[Discussion] Teppan Shoujo Akane!!

Discuss Japanese drama series here.

James_yka

Post by James_yka » Oct 7th, '06, 11:46

Has Horikita Maki and tsukamoto takashi in it... seems to be interesting...

Last but not less, teppan... :lol

topnotch97

Post by topnotch97 » Oct 8th, '06, 04:30

i was staring at Hirokita Maki's photo at the wiki page. dang, more skin!!! :w00t:

ehehehe :mrgreen:

haruna_hamasaki

Post by haruna_hamasaki » Oct 8th, '06, 14:41

teppanyaki!

one of my fav japanese food! :D

Halko

Post by Halko » Oct 9th, '06, 19:56

I'll be watching this. I was excited to see Maki leading and when I found out Takashi Tsukamoto was going to be in it, my excitement doubled. ^__^ Can't wait.

verticalforce

Post by verticalforce » Oct 10th, '06, 17:29

I'll be watching this only because of Maki.

Stupid, but I only watched drama with actor/actress that I approved of. Storyline does not matter. ROFL. :P

naoto

Post by naoto » Oct 15th, '06, 03:46

ooo I hope somebody, maybe dancestar, subs this!!!

emrams

Post by emrams » Oct 15th, '06, 03:58

SUTEKI already announced they will sub this. But like they said in another post, they are apparently still working on a couple other drama's before they get to the 2 they plan on doing for this season. So there will be a delay before this is released probably.

Is there any soft-subbers thinking of doing this while we are waiting for the hard subs from SUTEKI?

superjunior13

Post by superjunior13 » Oct 16th, '06, 04:33

Can't wait to watch this with hardsub.... gonna be a while though, but it's gonna be worth it.... so excited already and I haven't even watch the drama yet...

koopisa

Post by koopisa » Oct 16th, '06, 14:38

I'm trying hard to finish download ep1

Rating for ep1 isn't high but i still want to watch this serie.

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Oct 16th, '06, 14:42

lets hope somebody will softsub this!

unclehock

maki!

Post by unclehock » Oct 16th, '06, 15:03

i can't wait to see this! i'm dling the first episode now.. but i'm so not going to get anything that is said. i'm just starting japanese lessons this year so its gonna take a while :(
i really really hope someone will help to softsub this. i think suteki is going to take a while to finish up the other series too.

onegaishimasu!

makiii :wub:

ringosan

Post by ringosan » Oct 16th, '06, 16:37

omg its out already!!cant wait to watch

Takekaze

Post by Takekaze » Oct 16th, '06, 18:37

Again, food... so mean, I hated (or loved?) the different creations they fired out in My Little Chef. Always makes me hungry.

It'll be interesting where her search takes her and what kind of odd people she's going to encounter.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Oct 17th, '06, 04:39

I was quite disappointed w the rate for 1st eps -__- , but who cares ? lol you can see a different Maki than nobuta , ^o^ she's really talent , that's all i can say , and unlike some other new actresses , she knows wat she does and she does it seriously :) Personally I luved the 1st eps .. well I dun't have habit to watch food drama , cuz i just dun't like those kinds , it makes me hungry , I prefer those w romance or mystery lol but i think this one is more interesting , and funny lol

so yay for Maki !!

GeNeTiX

Post by GeNeTiX » Oct 17th, '06, 12:51

This drama is definitely the strangest one, for this season... :blink Not sure, if I like it. I usually do not really enjoy watching dramas, which make kind of a "religion" from something as simple as okonomiyaki. (I like okonomiyaki anyway, maybe I should try that famous pork/egg one, to figure out, what's so special about it.. ;) ) It just appears strange to me, if people in a drama get so over-enthusiastic about food or volleyball or whatever... Actually my Japanese friends like dramas like that, so maybe I 've just not been here long enough... :roll

naoto

Post by naoto » Oct 17th, '06, 20:48

hey did you guys see this torrent on the tracker? I swear I saw it, but now I search and it is gone..

Halko

Post by Halko » Oct 17th, '06, 23:00

Hmm, I was slightly disappointed by the 1st episode. :| But I'll keep watching.

Daish

Post by Daish » Oct 19th, '06, 17:22

Anyone seen the first episode or the manga can tell me if there's any comedy tied to this? or is it just melodramatic?

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Oct 19th, '06, 17:24

I think it's supposed to be a comedy. Almost all cooking manga are comedies. But, yeah, it was kinda hard to tell that from the drama ^^;

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Oct 19th, '06, 17:37

naoto wrote:hey did you guys see this torrent on the tracker? I swear I saw it, but now I search and it is gone..
u mean this?

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_40301.htm

steam

Post by steam » Oct 19th, '06, 17:49

the first ep super sucked...who's it made for?...like 10yr olds? I could've sworn she busted out a HADOKEN! near the end to complete her dish...jeez.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Oct 19th, '06, 18:45

Maki is cute and all, but is still very raw in acting dept. NwP's roles were easy, the magic was in the chemistry and the plot. This tries to be too manga, and just comes across poorly

nadesico
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nadesico » Oct 19th, '06, 20:40

auroragb wrote:Maki is cute and all, but is still very raw in acting dept. NwP's roles were easy, the magic was in the chemistry and the plot. This tries to be too manga, and just comes across poorly
made me want to eat okonomiyaki though...Maybe that 's just intended to raise okonomiyakis sales :P anyway, let's wait for next ep, maybe it will improve

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Oct 19th, '06, 21:51

nadesico wrote:made me want to eat okonomiyaki though...Maybe that 's just intended to raise okonomiyakis sales :P anyway, let's wait for next ep, maybe it will improve
I'm with you on okonomiyakis, anyone know if there are restaurants with okonomiyakis in NYC?

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Oct 20th, '06, 12:58

so anybody want to softsub this -_- ?

ringosan

Post by ringosan » Oct 20th, '06, 15:50

hi guys..anyone know where to get this drama in LQ version? thanks :)

Rokawa

Post by Rokawa » Oct 25th, '06, 03:27

I'm not an expert on uncommon Japanese names,
but I do want to hear some feedback.
when u guys watch the drama, Raita Ryu the actor, what is his character's name? the sensei guy.
SSJSub version is Akashi Saori (though I thought Saori is an only female's name)
Dramawiki version is Akashi Mitsujiro.
While what I heard it as is Arashiyama Souryu.

How abt you guys? Or anyone knows the real correct name.

groink

Post by groink » Oct 25th, '06, 03:41

Rokawa wrote:I'm not an expert on uncommon Japanese names,
but I do want to hear some feedback.
when u guys watch the drama, Raita Ryu the actor, what is his character's name? the sensei guy.
SSJSub version is Akashi Saori (though I thought Saori is an only female's name)
Dramawiki version is Akashi Mitsujiro.
While what I heard it as is Arashiyama Souryu.

How abt you guys? Or anyone knows the real correct name.
It is Arashiyama Souryuu. 嵐山蒼龍, where 蒼龍 is そうりゅう. I cheated though; Souryuu is the name of a WWII Japanese aircraft carrier.

--- groink

Rokawa

Post by Rokawa » Oct 25th, '06, 03:46

ah thanks groink.
a Ryuu instead of Ryu.

oceansportrait

Post by oceansportrait » Oct 25th, '06, 04:04

I was disappointed with the first episode. But I'll keep watching because simply put, I love okonomiyaki. And who knows, I might learn some new techniques in making it XD (I wonder if putting ground apple really does create a good okonomiyaki?)

Rokawa

Post by Rokawa » Oct 25th, '06, 04:58

oceansportrait wrote:I was disappointed with the first episode. But I'll keep watching because simply put, I love okonomiyaki. And who knows, I might learn some new techniques in making it XD (I wonder if putting ground apple really does create a good okonomiyaki?)
Any opinions of yours from Abe Hiroshi's lecture on making okonomiyaki in Kekkon Dekinai Otoko epd 6 :D
Like stirring properly to let air into the mixture.
Standard Kansai okonomiyaki is 3 cm tall on the teppan
Distribute heat equally by rotating the okonomiyaki on teppan at a certain time

actually Akane reminds me of Ukyo aka Ucchan from Ranma 1/2 haha
and for a while in the beginning she remind me of Sorimachi Takeshi's character in Hotman when she kept sprouting the goodness of the relevant ingredients.

goygakgoy

Post by goygakgoy » Oct 25th, '06, 06:44

I was looking forward to this drama, but I kinda feel disapointed. The whole idea seems good, her character is great, and it's a very cute show. However, it just didn't work. I don't think anybody is at fault here...just the way it is I guess...everything can't come out great. I'll keep watching it cuz it's cute...hehe. Not a keeper. "Nobuto Wo Produce" and "Kurosagi" was great.

choco_panda

Post by choco_panda » Oct 25th, '06, 13:47

Lets hope the next ep get better. I tried really hard to finish the 1st EP, it was rather boring.

James_yka

Post by James_yka » Oct 25th, '06, 17:19

I noticed that the Character is not suitable for her...
She cant really express the character...

Nishikido

Post by Nishikido » Oct 25th, '06, 20:46

awwww i wanna see but there aren;t any subs yet

oceansportrait

Post by oceansportrait » Oct 25th, '06, 22:39

James_yka wrote:I noticed that the Character is not suitable for her...
I noticed that as well. I don't know if it's because her character in "Nobuta wo Produce" left too much of an impression on me, but I think she has a very expression-less face. She can smile, she can look sad, she can look neutral, but for those in-between expressions, she seems to be incapable of expressing a wide range. And just the personality she has to portray in Teppan is a little too much for her I think, because she comes off as straining/trying very hard throughout most of the episode. None of the acting I saw her do in this show seemed very genuine to me.

goygakgoy

Post by goygakgoy » Oct 26th, '06, 00:45

LOL! I think she's a great actress, but yeah, if u think of the past, then you're in trouble. I was like "wait a minute...she's a lil too happy"...hehe. She was so depressed in Nobuto, then in that special where she was this internet babe, and she was just as depressing. I think Nobuto could possibly her defining role??? Like Christopher Reeve as superman.
oceansportrait wrote:
James_yka wrote:I noticed that the Character is not suitable for her...
I noticed that as well. I don't know if it's because her character in "Nobuta wo Produce" left too much of an impression on me, but I think she has a very expression-less face. She can smile, she can look sad, she can look neutral, but for those in-between expressions, she seems to be incapable of expressing a wide range. And just the personality she has to portray in Teppan is a little too much for her I think, because she comes off as straining/trying very hard throughout most of the episode. None of the acting I saw her do in this show seemed very genuine to me.

ButterCake

Post by ButterCake » Oct 26th, '06, 04:36

OMG TEPANYAKIIIIIIIIIII

Who is the actress btw?

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Oct 26th, '06, 11:11

oceansportrait wrote:I noticed that as well. I don't know if it's because her character in "Nobuta wo Produce" left too much of an impression on me, but I think she has a very expression-less face. She can smile, she can look sad, she can look neutral, but for those in-between expressions, she seems to be incapable of expressing a wide range. And just the personality she has to portray in Teppan is a little too much for her I think, because she comes off as straining/trying very hard throughout most of the episode. None of the acting I saw her do in this show seemed very genuine to me.
Maki has a wide range of possibilities in her acting. If you watch "always" ( a movie with also Tsutsumi Shinichi and Koyuki) wherre she plays a country bumpkin, you'll see she's a good actress. The part in that movie is totally different from NWP, in fact, it's hard tor ealise it's the same person.

Rokawa

Post by Rokawa » Oct 26th, '06, 14:41

20centuryboy wrote:
Maki has a wide range of possibilities in her acting. If you watch "always" ( a movie with also Tsutsumi Shinichi and Koyuki) wherre she plays a country bumpkin, you'll see she's a good actress. The part in that movie is totally different from NWP, in fact, it's hard tor ealise it's the same person.
Oh yes, very true. I didnt realize it was the same actress when I watch Nobuta. I watched Always earlier and felt that the actress was really a country girl with her funny dialect. Until I checked her "Nobuta" filmography (Coz I was curious abt this Sadako-like girl), then only O_o I noticed its the same person.
Always San Choume no Yuuhi is one of the best Japanese movie ever made. I didnt even realize when CGI was use.

spokeydokey00

Post by spokeydokey00 » Oct 28th, '06, 00:28

does anyone know what is in the Akane Special or how to make it? I wanna try it...it looks good!

sp4078

Post by sp4078 » Oct 28th, '06, 05:44

GOSH, the first epi was damn boring. I'm not going to watch this. Maki looks really cute, and lively but I'm not going to download 600MB or so for this drama. Say goodbye

valley04

Post by valley04 » Nov 3rd, '06, 14:46

Hardly can finish watching the first episode ^ ^ o
and I m still considering whether to watch the whole series or not :scratch: ....I guess I'll give it another chance...gonna wait for the second episode...hopefully its more interesting than the first!! :unsure:

haruna_hamasaki

Post by haruna_hamasaki » Nov 3rd, '06, 21:40

I'm gonna stop watching this drama.

For me, it's BOOOOOOOOOOOOORED to death!

goygakgoy

Post by goygakgoy » Nov 4th, '06, 05:36

Good luck...haha.
valley04 wrote:Hardly can finish watching the first episode ^ ^ o
and I m still considering whether to watch the whole series or not :scratch: ....I guess I'll give it another chance...gonna wait for the second episode...hopefully its more interesting than the first!! :unsure:

Aulcard

Post by Aulcard » Nov 7th, '06, 12:17

Hot damn this show is boring. I mean seriously. I tried watching episode 03 and gave up out of boredom. It is so repetitive and predictable. Once the special/trademark moves started coming out, like the finger pointing, walking in with the teppan, that old guy eating the ingredients and the whole.. flamey dragon thing, I had a feeling this series was doomed.

Too bad. Akane is rather cute. Still doesnt weigh up against the boredom of this series though.

valley04

Post by valley04 » Nov 8th, '06, 14:56

I m kinda disappointed with this drama :-( .....there's something missing..lack of excitement that can make people want to watch again..i mean like wondering about how the next episodes gonna be...that sort of feeling...:glare:

I guess I m gonna stop downloading this series...

verticalforce

Post by verticalforce » Nov 9th, '06, 17:23

The director/producer/script-writer of this drama should be all shot to death for producing such a boring drama. This is coming from a fan of cooking show/anime/manga.

Such a shame that they had to have Maki as the lead actress. That girl doesn't need this crappy drama to tarnish her reputation.

Saying that, I'll continue to watch the drama just because of Maki. Maybe this is what the producer had in mind in the first place? Produce crappy, low-budget drama and put a kawaii girl in it so that it would be at least watched by the fans... right?

goygakgoy

Post by goygakgoy » Nov 10th, '06, 06:40

HA! Yeah, I gave up on the first episode. I downloaded the 2nd one and had the subs.....but I just didn't bother. The drama is so CUTE though. I love Maki Horikita too death but damn!!! I really appreciate everybody for subbing and uploading though.

James_yka

Post by James_yka » Nov 10th, '06, 11:52

Well... eventho i havent read the manga yet, but i believe the manga will just be like the drama...
Just some typical recycling plots...

Its Maki that keep me going, but 1 day i sure will die on my chair, die of boredom... :O

ringosan

Post by ringosan » Nov 10th, '06, 14:15

is it that bad guys?still downloading 1st epi...humm,,,.. :scratchchin:

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Nov 13th, '06, 19:19

oh man....not good.

I was hoping this drama would be good and that Maki will be good in it after that horrible Kurosagi....looks like I'll be skipping this one.

One page with you guys saying the drama is pretty boring but Maki is cute in it..... :roll :roll

Tatsumaki

Post by Tatsumaki » Nov 14th, '06, 06:19

I think it's getting better. Episodes 2 & 3 aren't so hot, but 4 is a cool story, and 5 has some interesting character developments. I'm definitely sticking this one out until the end.

morainaki

Post by morainaki » Nov 19th, '06, 00:59

huh...i don't think that it's that bad but then again, i love food dramas quite a bit (My Little Chef, Shota no Sushi, Lunch Queen <3). yeah, it runs on rails and follows the same formula over and over again but that's just how most food dorama/anime/manga is. it's not the best show for it's genre but damn if it doesn't make my mouth water each time i watch it. especially the crab/potato episode. :3~

anyways, i'm having fun watching it after having not watched any drama in a long while, and while i can understand enough japanese to get by, i'd love to have some subs for them. *hinthintnudgenudge* :P

jica

Post by jica » Dec 14th, '06, 20:31

I agree, this show is a bit boring (repeatative), but I don't think it's Maki's fault. I think she did her best, watching her don't bore me or annoy me. However that old man and that Shinta are... T_T
I guess I've hoped for another guy for her....

Well, and the food look delicious, so I'm going to watch to the end. =)

nix_renji

Post by nix_renji » Dec 16th, '06, 12:21

i guess i'm the only one enjoying yhis movie :blink
it has it's funny moments and there's maki & tsukamoto for eyecandy :thumright:
aaa.... but the ending was a bit... :alcoholic:

deeplove

Post by deeplove » Jun 15th, '07, 16:25

what's up with the butt ugly glasses takashi's wearing. its a total waste for his hot face :(
and all the bad comments, i think ill stop watching lah.

SugizoStyle

Post by SugizoStyle » Jun 24th, '07, 20:59

Can anyone upload as batch?!

D

minamichan03

Post by minamichan03 » May 28th, '08, 01:46

no wonder why this thread isn't that active compared to other threads...

i onyly watched this drama i guess for 3-4 episodes.. and mother said that we should watch another than this...
the pattern is always the same.. sometimes,it gets me irritated while watching it...

too bad for maki horikita but i really didn't like this drama that much and i don't know whether ill continue it or not... :scratch:

ssih

Post by ssih » Mar 24th, '09, 10:27

I just started watching this recently. It appears that the original quality subbers also stopped watching after two episodes and the second string took over. I just watched the third episode and much of the translation is incomprehensible. Many times, things were said, and the subs just say "????". So much of the rest made no sense, and I honestly couldn't figure out the plot.
However I can understand children feel

But with the crab calculated and compared,

mmm that is? is?
So I guess I'll move on to another jdrama.