Palace / Goong (MBC, 2006)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
razberrymeringue

Re: ???

Post by razberrymeringue » Sep 21st, '06, 02:44

i <33 goong!!! it's like the best kdrama i've ever seen and i can't wait for season 2! :D
rarawong wrote:Honestly i'm quite confused, i've watched a few episodes and i have no idea how to tell Yul and Shin apart... will someone help me? please with good pictures... i'm driving myself crazy thinking about it

Thx
you can't tell them apart? lol but they look so different. well, the hair colors (until you get further into the show..) and shin's taller too (i think). and they just look really different! haha.

hamstaball

Post by hamstaball » Sep 21st, '06, 05:48

OMG!! did anyone hear??
i read somewhere that in the second season of goong
the main cast is gonna change!!
probably because all the cast's schedules are full

and the story is gonna be that neither shin nor yul will succeed to the throne
and they will pursue their own dream

chocoholix

Post by chocoholix » Sep 21st, '06, 06:04

OMG! is it true?? are u sure?

...Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Sep 21st, '06, 17:55

I kind of skipped through the last 2 episodes and I wasn't sure exactly what happened. Shin Goon said that he's not sure about whether or not he'll take the throne? And what's the story behind Yul Goon's mom and the king? I know they were past lovers and it hints at Yul being the king's son also. But what was the reason why Yul could never marry Chaegyung? ...

hamstaball

Post by hamstaball » Sep 22nd, '06, 01:08

well i'm not positive... but i heard only kimjunhoon (yul) will be the only main cast member that will stay for season 2 :( i miss my shin..

yul could marry chaegyung, but its really bad for either of them, they just say that they can't because it would be wrong. yul's mom and the king were technically a couple before the mom was forced to marry the king's brother, but even after this whole charade, the king probably still has some leftover feelings for yul's mom but i think yul is only a cousin of shin's and not some sort of half-brother..

cel

Post by cel » Sep 22nd, '06, 12:00

knitoe wrote:this is a repost from the torrent comment section, in case any of you missed it:

i got the subs for the special from this forum, but it was missing a whole bunch of parts. i also found an almost completely translated version on youtube (except for 4 minutes from 00:15:00 - 00:19:00), so i took the liberty of transcribing/editing them into an .srt. i've never done anything ike this before, so i hope im not stepping on anybody's toes or anything!

here's my timed/edited version of the special, i used the raw file named 'The.Imperial.Household.Special.KOR.HDTV.XViD-HODOLi.avi'

credits go out to: fern, poohbear005, moor :cheers:
where can I dl this srt?

buffyreg
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by buffyreg » Sep 23rd, '06, 16:54

yeah, me too... i want the special's subtitles...

where ca we get it?

sophia_truong

Post by sophia_truong » Sep 24th, '06, 15:34

hamstaball wrote:OMG!! did anyone hear??
i read somewhere that in the second season of goong
the main cast is gonna change!!
probably because all the cast's schedules are full

and the story is gonna be that neither shin nor yul will succeed to the throne
and they will pursue their own dream
I heard about this news as well. At first i was very disappointed :cry: but I was told the story was gonna be interesting ^^

hamstaball

Post by hamstaball » Sep 24th, '06, 20:57

but no more prince shin!! so sad.. i'll probably still watch it, but i was so excited to see it when they said joojihoon was gonna remain part of the cast :cry:

PopGilligan

Post by PopGilligan » Sep 24th, '06, 21:06

I'm not sure I'll watch it if the cast has changed....I wouldn't really understand the point of making a second season if the main characters aren't in it. You might as well just make a new drama. :roll

But, it's not up to me...so I'll just hope that the news is wrong.

Carmui

Post by Carmui » Sep 24th, '06, 23:42

wow this show seems really good~~
i cant wait till itz out~ hehe~~ 8) :lol

hamstaball

Post by hamstaball » Sep 25th, '06, 00:28

PopGilligan wrote:I'm not sure I'll watch it if the cast has changed....I wouldn't really understand the point of making a second season if the main characters aren't in it. You might as well just make a new drama. :roll

But, it's not up to me...so I'll just hope that the news is wrong.
yea i know.. i mean, we all watch dramas cuz of the guys in it right??

heh i see ur a fan of jun eh?

Stryker411

Post by Stryker411 » Sep 25th, '06, 00:37

Same with me. Unless I know of the actors/actresses, I probably won't watch the sequel. Of course I'd watch like the first maybe 3 eps to see if I still enjoy Goong, then we'll see if I continue with watching. I really like YEH and JJH's acting in it, it was perfect for the roles, not too fake or awkward.

hamstaball

Post by hamstaball » Sep 25th, '06, 00:53

yeahh. JJH was seriously perfect for the role..his cold face but heart-warming smile :)
aww now that makes me wanna watch goong again lol

PopGilligan

Post by PopGilligan » Sep 25th, '06, 05:01

hamstaball wrote: But, it's not up to me...so I'll just hope that the news is wrong.
yea i know.. i mean, we all watch dramas cuz of the guys in it right??

heh i see ur a fan of jun eh?[/quote]

Absolutely. Man, if only a genie would pop out of a bottle right now and give me three wishes. One for sure would be to have the original Goong cast back, lol.

janet

Post by janet » Sep 26th, '06, 00:02

Hi

I dropped my tears and is was so touching I found that shin really care so much about the princess when he realised that he in love with him. Had anyone seen Goong 2 yet? Can tell me what is the story about?

regards

buffyreg
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by buffyreg » Sep 26th, '06, 05:51

yeah... weve felt the emotions with them...

Goong 2 isnt aired yet..so one has seen it... they r still gonna start shooting it this october and sad to say the original isnt the ones to play in the sequel... according to the PD, the story wont continue as they left-off in Goong...

Grc733

Post by Grc733 » Sep 26th, '06, 06:27

ok I have a question.... everybody here is saying that the original cast is not going to be in goong 2 but if you look in dramawiki it has the original actors listed under Goong 2..... can someone please clearify.

thank you
Goong rocked :cheers: !!!!!
Last edited by Grc733 on Sep 30th, '06, 01:41, edited 1 time in total.

buffyreg
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by buffyreg » Sep 26th, '06, 07:11

well, i saw that too, Goong2 wiki... but that was actually made b4 the casting of Goong2 was confirmed so that's all void... whomever made that wikipage thought maybe that the casting is still d same...

hamstaball

Post by hamstaball » Sep 27th, '06, 02:22

yea.. i saw that but i wasnt so sure about the casting information given on wiki

i really think they should postpone the release or production of goong 2 until all the cast members have time because i think its important to keep the same characters to keep the same feel since we all love our actors/actresses so much :)

sweetlara

newbie that loves Goong

Post by sweetlara » Sep 27th, '06, 06:36

hi im new here

Just finished watching Goong and i really loved it :wub:
the feel of the drama was kinda like Meteor Garden(my fave also)
Is anything confirmed about the casting in Goong 2?
:scratch:

I want the original cast especially CG and Shin Goon...they have really great chemisrty.I hope it will be just like MG2 which did really well.Best of luck Goong
Last edited by sweetlara on Sep 28th, '06, 13:17, edited 1 time in total.

sweetlara

need Goong special w/eng subs......HELP

Post by sweetlara » Sep 28th, '06, 12:57

Does anyone have the Goong Special with eng subs????????urgent

:cry: [/url]

auroragb

Re: need Goong special w/eng subs......HELP

Post by auroragb » Sep 28th, '06, 14:34

sweetlara wrote:Does anyone have the Goong Special with eng subs????????urgent

:cry:
from H2O:
http://www.myfilehut.com/userfiles/1441 ... pecial.srt

Grc733

Post by Grc733 » Sep 29th, '06, 16:04

Hi all
AHH I'm agonizing I'm only in episode 15 and I'm dying to know whether the ending of the series is going to be a happy one or not............ :cry: If they don't end up together its not going to be good..... well I guess I gotta keep watching... So far though I love it.
:D

mohito

Post by mohito » Sep 29th, '06, 20:34

I just read Korean article regarding Season 2 casting, it says like
unfortunately all 4 members ain't coming back for season 2 (announced it as of Sep 16), but they might show up as a special guest during the show.

they'll shoot the show in mid October & air starts in Jan. 2007
also they've relocated the shooting studio (they kept the old studio because of season2), the new set is going to be bigger better more exclusive... (they got more sponsors as we all expected :-) )

they'll finalize the casting issues within a week or so...
( entire loyal family cast members are returning the show except 4 main characters...I guess they're in negotiating the final contract with new cast members...anyhow I can see lots of talk re: SEVEN (a KPOP singer) is going to be one of the leading characters)

main story line is Hae-Myoung Princess's kids couldn't success the royal blood line...blar blar...
they found a prince who didn't know about his royal background for his life time, even no one in the palace knew about his existence....
all of sudden an ordinary man who's been working at the local restaurant, became a prince & should succeed to the throne...lots of learning, behaving about royal stuff...blar blar...being in the middle of nasty politics...etc etc
I think this season is going to be even funnier & stylisher than the first season
anyhow, director said the leading character theme is based on KangWha prince's life story a bit

---------------------------------------------------
I like KangWha prince story
it's a real life King story that I read long time a go
KangWha Prince (aka Kang-Wha-do-ruyng)

let me explain about the name first
"Kang Wha" means a local rural area name in mid- West coast of Korea
"Do Ryung" means when people call an unmarried son of the noble family, they add it after the name (Traditional term not used in mordern society, you can hear it when you watch the histocial drama like "Jewel in the Palace" )

his real name is "Byun, Won Bum" & 22nd King's brother's grandson
his family had caught in the middle of really nasty politics and deported from the palace...
'Kang Wha' area was one of notorious place for deportation at that time
he lived his life more like as an ordinary farmer until 19 in Kang Wha
so people call him as "Kang Wha Do Ryung"

in 1849, 24th King passed away without Kids
bad politicans wanted to controll the power so they picked him as the puppet King (also he was one of representable, appropriate royal blood line to the people)
When he succeed to the crown, he was only 19 years old
"Kang Wha Do Ryung" became the 25th King, Chul Jong of Chosun dynasty

he had to faced lots problems & issues from the beggining
not only because he was too young or in the middle of nasty polictians power game..
while living in Kang Wha, he haven't had educated well, no communication with the Palace or even other royal families at all.....so he didn't know about the real Palace life, what's the situation ove there.

at the begining he had hard time adapting Royal life...even some people still call him behind as "Kang Wha Do Ryung" with attitude look down..don't listen to him at all......
but most of all coudln't touchable corruption, extremely difficult nasty power game among politicans & royal familes were the biggest treat to him, because of this the people had to suffer..

however, he governed his people well as a real people's King & the people followed him sincerely
internally he's still fighting against corruption...anyhow severe drought, big fire, lack of food., riots...it was one of difficult time period in Chosun Dynasty

he passed away at age 33
he still one of the People's King in history

knitoe

Post by knitoe » Oct 5th, '06, 12:22

cel wrote:where can I dl this srt?
weird you can't see the attatchment here? try over in the torrent comment section it seems people can see that one.

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... htm#540599

chocoholix

Post by chocoholix » Oct 5th, '06, 19:00

i read in asianfanatics that its pretty much confirmed that se7en will not be acting in goong 2...

here's the link

aznS2twins

Vietnamese Version

Post by aznS2twins » Oct 6th, '06, 03:19

does anyone know where i can download the vietnamese dubbed version of this drama? I just finished watching it and i thought it was amazing!!!!! :wub: and i just want to download the viet version. thanks sooo much.

Geisha

Post by Geisha » Oct 9th, '06, 02:35

ok, here goes a HUGE request..... :unsure:

this is my 1st Kdrama, and i loved it. but even though i got the overall idea, i spent half the time trying to figure stuff out. i'm really not familiarized with anything korean. and it was really frustrating.

so here, i thought of asking the fansubbing team to take a second look at this drama. i really appreciated their efforts. but for some reason i felt that it could be better.
:cry: PLEASE don't think that i didn't like your work, but i think that it needs a lot of "cultural notes".

i'm really sorry, if the fansubbing team thinks i'm being ungrateful and that "if i don't like it, i should just stay quiet" but the truth is that when i like the work of a group, i'm the first one to check out the rest of their work, and to spread the word about them, to others, but in this case, i wasn't even able to know who did the work!!! i had the hardest time finding out which fansubbing team had done it........ and to be honest, i'm still not sure .....

so anyway, please consider my request, but let me say this, thanks to GOONG i want to watch more korean dramas.

thanks

Pao

knitoe

Post by knitoe » Oct 9th, '06, 22:50

Geisha wrote:i wasn't even able to know who did the work!!! i had the hardest time finding out which fansubbing team had done it........ and to be honest, i'm still not sure .....
try the subtitle forum it clearly lists every member of the team that worked on the project as well as the group name. it's not that hard to find, next time try using the search function. as for the clarifications i don't think that is on a subbing team's priority list. yes it would be great to have it, but i like to think of that as an added bonus if they decide or have the time to make them. also too much text can clutter up the screen and distract you. :thumleft:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27691

Gi-Ma-Mi
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Gi-Ma-Mi » Oct 13th, '06, 21:52

does anyone remember which eps has CG wears a small crown as in hairpin?

handmade_dooboo

customise your own dooboo..

Post by handmade_dooboo » Oct 14th, '06, 07:01

hi there...

Is anyone interested in purchasing dooboo dolls that looks roughly the same as the one CG has in Goong ?

if you are .. do check out our website : www.handmade-dooboo.blogspot.com
thanks! :lol
Last edited by handmade_dooboo on Oct 14th, '06, 09:49, edited 1 time in total.

kimie5165

Post by kimie5165 » Oct 15th, '06, 10:11

i wonder if im in the rite topic or not but plss can someone tell me the sad instrumental played during CG and shin scene on ep 23 (17:49 - 19:14) im dying for it..

H2O

Post by H2O » Oct 16th, '06, 00:49

kimie5165 wrote:i wonder if im in the rite topic or not but plss can someone tell me the sad instrumental played during CG and shin scene on ep 23 (17:49 - 19:14) im dying for it..
Lucky you! I have it! Here it is: http://www.myfilehut.com/userfiles/1441 ... %20mot.wma

The name is ul eum yun mot.

You are the FIRST person, besides me, that I have have met that love this song like I do!

This has got to be the BEST instrumental song out of ALL KDramas [that I've ever watched].

kimie5165

Post by kimie5165 » Oct 16th, '06, 01:40

H2O wrote:
kimie5165 wrote:i wonder if im in the rite topic or not but plss can someone tell me the sad instrumental played during CG and shin scene on ep 23 (17:49 - 19:14) im dying for it..
Lucky you! I have it! Here it is: http://www.myfilehut.com/userfiles/1441 ... %20mot.wma

The name is ul eum yun mot.

You are the FIRST person, besides me, that I have have met that love this song like I do!

This has got to be the BEST instrumental song out of ALL KDramas [that I've ever watched].
thx a lot ya..

NOPdat

Post by NOPdat » Oct 17th, '06, 00:27

This I found in Wikipedia.en looking for "Goong":

"The main cast was originally suppose to return but due to their rising popularity and busy schedules none except Kim Jeong Hoon can film season two. Rather than replacing the famous and familiar roles with new faces, Director Hwang In Roe revealed his intentions to completely switch the cast with new members. The plot of Season Two would be of a young worker at a Chinese restaurant who suddenly discovers that he is a member of the royal family, and enters the palace. Hwang mentioned that he would be looking for Yoon Eun Hye's male counterpart, of sorts. As of the beginning of Oct, Hwang is still deciding between whether to cast unknowns or famous faces. One rumour is that K-Pop idol Rain is one of the lead actor starring."

StarCrystal

Post by StarCrystal » Oct 17th, '06, 00:35

^ Rain? Whoa.. maybe he was one of the OTHER candidates.. anyway here's the article about Se7en being the lead male:
Translator: Cecilia @ soompi
Source: daum & naver

YG has confirmed that Se7en will be starring in "Goong 2", although they havent stamped the contracts but it should all be going ahead.

Hwang PD states that Se7en possesses acting ability which is more than enough and is satisfied with casting se7en.

Many have been wondering how Se7en will cope with the upcoming release of his 4th album and they intend to film during the weekdays and he will only be participating on gayo programs on the weekends.

YG states that although they have planned for him to release a single in japan, an album in china and other overseas activities, first of all they want to film this drama.

Goong 2 will be about a prince who does not know he possesses royal blood, working at a chinese restaurant and who will enter the palace.

Because of YG's 10th anniversary concert, Se7en has left for the US and will return to Korea on the 27th, when he will join the rest of the cast (all 4 ppl have been decided) to the reading of the script. Filming will start on the 1st of november and the series will be shown january 2007.
The official cast will be: [from left to right; top to bottom] Se7en, Heo Yi Jae (female lead), Park Shin Hye, and Kang Doo.

[img]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/2318/2 ... 170pi6.jpg[/img]
credit: naver

P.S. will there be a new thread on Goong 2?

dadadards

Post by dadadards » Oct 17th, '06, 09:46

hello! it's my first time to post here.

does any of you have a midi or instrumental version of perhaps love? i'm desperately looking for a copy.

and do you know any info about the new casts for season 2, heo yi jae and kangdoo? thanks...

skachild

Post by skachild » Oct 17th, '06, 13:06

StarCrystal wrote:^ Rain? Whoa.. maybe he was one of the OTHER candidates.. anyway here's the article about Se7en being the lead male:

YG has confirmed that Se7en will be starring in "Goong 2", although they havent stamped the contracts but it should all be going ahead.

Hwang PD states that Se7en possesses acting ability which is more than enough and is satisfied with casting se7en.

Many have been wondering how Se7en will cope with the upcoming release of his 4th album and they intend to film during the weekdays and he will only be participating on gayo programs on the weekends.

YG states that although they have planned for him to release a single in japan, an album in china and other overseas activities, first of all they want to film this drama.

Goong 2 will be about a prince who does not know he possesses royal blood, working at a chinese restaurant and who will enter the palace.

Because of YG's 10th anniversary concert, Se7en has left for the US and will return to Korea on the 27th, when he will join the rest of the cast (all 4 ppl have been decided) to the reading of the script. Filming will start on the 1st of november and the series will be shown january 2007.
The official cast will be: [from left to right; top to bottom] Se7en, Heo Yi Jae (female lead), Park Shin Hye, and Kang Doo.

WHAT....!??? :O :blink :goggle:

dadadards

Post by dadadards » Oct 17th, '06, 14:39

chocoholix

Post by chocoholix » Oct 17th, '06, 17:12

StarCrystal wrote:^ Rain? Whoa.. maybe he was one of the OTHER candidates.. anyway here's the article about Se7en being the lead male:

omg!!
is it true??... has it been confirmed?

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Oct 17th, '06, 21:57

what? they're taking away my kim jung hoon.nooooooooooooooooooooooooo :cry:

StarCrystal

Post by StarCrystal » Oct 18th, '06, 02:31

First, off I hope there isn't bashing on the new cast. Also, there will be a new plot, so they're not really replacing the old cast.
Everyone (the 4 main leads) except for Kim Jung Hoon declined the offer to be in Goong 2.
You can see the article here: http://ent-you.blogspot.com/2006/09/fou ... ation.html

Sorry, I just had to clarify that up because some people on Soompi (and on other places) don't research and/or make assumptions about Goong 2. People end up close minded and shut off the idea about the sequel if they don't have the old cast (even my friend argh -_-).

Anyway.. more about Goong 2. Which will be called "Prince Hours" since it'll reflect the main guy who will later become a prince.

Plot: About a prince who does not know he possesses royal blood who is working as a delivery boy in a chinese restaurant. The story is about him entering the palace and what happens after that.

Goong 2 ( Prince Hours ) characters profiles
(Credit Sandy @ purpletiger86 for translating)

Seven aka Choi Dong-Wook plays the character: Lee Hoo
Huh Lee-Jae plays the character: Yang Soon-Ae (she's the main female lead, since she plays the opposite of Seven)
Kang Doo plays the character: Lee Joon (he's from the group 'The Jadu', but according to that picture of the four leads...he sure doesn't look like Kang Doo, lol)
Park Shin Hye plays the character: Shin Sae-Ryung

[img]http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1584 ... 810dy7.jpg[/img]

Lee Hoo (Seven): His blood flows in a Royal family, but Lee Hoo doesn't know it. Not knowing that he's a prince, he works at a Chinese Restaurant as a delivery boy...delivering food in the palace. He looks at everything in a positive aspect and is an optimist by nature. Though he's in poverty (poor), he lives every day freely...but one day, something happens and it's the start of his life as a royal.

Yang Soon-Ae (Huh Lee-Jae): Everyone in the neighborhood knows Soon-Ae as an impracticable girl. She thinks preciously of her fraternal twin. But one day, she finds out that Lee Hoo is the boy that she grew up with as a child, and they start their life's together in the palace.

Kang Doo (Lee Joon): To become a prince, he recieved training as a mastery elite. He's a great candidate. Lee Hoo's appearance makes Lee Joon get farther away from becoming a prince. He's a perfectionist.

Park Shin-Hye (Shin Sae-Ryung): Honor and power, Sae-Ryung grew up in a wealthy family. She has never lost first place/spot at school (meaning she's very smart)...she has skills and the looks of becoming prince's wife. She always had the ambition of becoming a royal princess. However, the prince that she has always imagined of is completely different when she see's Lee Hoo's sudden appearance. A change comes to her way.

kurenai_19

Post by kurenai_19 » Oct 18th, '06, 03:16

just started on goong.........quite nice and funny.........hope i can finish watching it soon......anyway when will goong 2 be out?

rcblue

Post by rcblue » Oct 18th, '06, 03:18

so, new lead casts have finally been confirmed. i havta admit that i sorta hold a tiny little hope that the old casts would change their mind and join in GOONG 2....oh well....although the new female lead not as cute as CG, i think i'll try to be open minded and give this sequel a chance. thanks for sharing the info.

StarCrystal

Post by StarCrystal » Oct 18th, '06, 03:27

Goong 2 will start filming November 1st (other articles say Dec. 1 -_- makes more sense since Se7en has his 4th album activities). So it should air somewhere around Jan. 2007 or early 2007.
Last edited by StarCrystal on Oct 18th, '06, 13:40, edited 2 times in total.

Caja

Post by Caja » Oct 18th, '06, 06:16

Totally wicked!! I watched all the series in 2 days. Its really awesome :cheers:

chocoholix

Post by chocoholix » Oct 18th, '06, 06:55

i'm looking forward to watch goong2 now... just a lil disappointed coz i really wanted more character development from the old cast. the manner which goong1 ended just left too many questions and possibilities

hw, on the bright side... the new cast looks promising
i just hope Se7en acting skills are up to par. but i'm optimistic :lol
i absolutely adore Park Shin Hye, it'll be a nice change to see her in a new perspective than the usual innocent, naive characters she's taken to play
i'm must admit that i've never heard of the other 2, but i'm sure they'll give us their best

i hope the fans will not turn away from goong2, at least watch it first and give it a chance before bashing it...

ps. does anyone know if Song Ji Hyo has taken on any other roles? i tot that she was promising actress in goong1 and i was hoping that it would be a good platform to launch her acting career.

foxyapple7

Post by foxyapple7 » Oct 18th, '06, 07:12

Hi all, may i know is this petition below valid?

http://www.petitiononline.com/goong2/petition.html

Thanks!

StarCrystal

Post by StarCrystal » Oct 18th, '06, 13:03

^ No, since the new cast has been already announced >_> The original cast (excluding KJH) stated they will not be acting in the sequel due to other projects. See the last page.

dadadards

Post by dadadards » Oct 18th, '06, 14:37

chocoholix wrote:i'm looking forward to watch goong2 now... just a lil disappointed coz i really wanted more character development from the old cast. the manner which goong1 ended just left too many questions and possibilities

hw, on the bright side... the new cast looks promising
i just hope Se7en acting skills are up to par. but i'm optimistic :lol
i absolutely adore Park Shin Hye, it'll be a nice change to see her in a new perspective than the usual innocent, naive characters she's taken to play
i'm must admit that i've never heard of the other 2, but i'm sure they'll give us their best

i hope the fans will not turn away from goong2, at least watch it first and give it a chance before bashing it...

ps. does anyone know if Song Ji Hyo has taken on any other roles? i tot that she was promising actress in goong1 and i was hoping that it would be a good platform to launch her acting career.
song ji hyo's with the series Jumong now...

[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c214/ ... twalya.jpg[/img][img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c214/ ... ingoon.png[/img]

foxyapple7

Post by foxyapple7 » Oct 18th, '06, 15:16

Thanks StarCrystal for your concise update!

I will keep an open mind for Goong 2, even the rest of them don't look as good. Only consolation is Seven.... :P

StarCrystal

Post by StarCrystal » Oct 19th, '06, 19:47

Goong 2 Plot

Monday September 18, 2006 Korea
Credits to: http://ent-you.blogspot.com

Hwang Inroe indicated that “Goong II” will continue with the theme of a fictional South Korean monarchy, showing how tradition and the present can co-exist together. The plot will also be tied to the first series. The ending of “Goong” revealed that ultimately Lee Shin and Lee Yul didn’t inherit the throne, leading to the temporarily ascension of Shin’s sister Hyemyeong. The sequel will thus continue with this plot as the palace discovers the existence of a royal grandson living among commoners. In turns out that he have absolutely no clue about his identity. After he graduated from high school, he works as a delivery boy. He didn’t know until the palace invited him to come and he suddenly became a member of the imperial family in one night. Upon his entrance in the palace, he began his training. He will be groomed to become emperor. The inspiration for this plot came from the true story of the Joseon dynasty where a commoner became the emperor.

Caja

Post by Caja » Oct 26th, '06, 09:19

:cry: I want to cry now :cry:

Can't they just wait untill the main actor/actress finish their movies :cry: This is nonsense :cry:

But I hope this one will be great like the first one!

Hey guys,I nned help here! Can somebody tell me in which episode where someone throw egg to Prince Shin??

H2O

Post by H2O » Oct 26th, '06, 14:31

song ji hyo's with the series Jumong now...
Really?! Why is this? O.o Why are they adding new people to the series? Isn't supposed to be a 60-episode drama? O.o What role does she have in the serial?

Fahishah

the ar so bad

Post by Fahishah » Oct 26th, '06, 17:45

i hate it so much :x
i don't wanna tem to play in season 2 :argue:
i miss ji hoon n eun hae n also all e characterz in season 1 too :cry:
i hope tat Park Shin Hye colud make mi change ma mind abt tem :wub:

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Oct 27th, '06, 08:39

personally, I would love to see the original casts..there were unresolved issues raised by Goong 1..sadly, the orig casts won't be able to be back for season 2 :crying:...this is so disappointing...goong 1 ended nicely but it wasn't that satifying :(

why can't the producers wait till the orig casts are free to do season 2? I hope, if there'd be season 3, they better have the orig casts in it and better plot :D

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Oct 27th, '06, 08:45

Caja wrote::cry: I want to cry now :cry:

Can't they just wait untill the main actor/actress finish their movies :cry: This is nonsense :cry:

Hey guys,I nned help here! Can somebody tell me in which episode where someone throw egg to Prince Shin??
I feel the same way, too ~~ I mean, they should have waited for the orig casts, right? i'm sorry but what's the point of making a sequel when it is not a direct continuation of the previous? Yeah, goong 2 is related to goong 1 but not a sequel actually :cry:

I wanted to see more of Shin and CG. The way it ended really made us fans hanging, right? Will there be a season 3 with shin and cg in it? [/b]

blue_smurf

Re: the ar so bad

Post by blue_smurf » Oct 27th, '06, 08:51

Fahishah wrote:i hate it so much :x
i don't wanna tem to play in season 2 :argue:
i miss ji hoon n eun hae n also all e characterz in season 1 too :cry:
i hope tat Park Shin Hye colud make mi change ma mind abt tem :wub:
Me, too :lol
I just hated this! I miss JJH and eun-yeh!!! I was hoping against all hopes that they'd be in season 2 after the way the season 1 ended...I was hoping that JJH will be back to succeed the throne, regardless he gave this up...to see more of the love between shin and Cg :wub: ..too many possibilities for Goong 2 but sorry am not going to watch the season 2 (hey, that's my personal choice).

Caja

Post by Caja » Oct 27th, '06, 10:44

blue_smurf wrote:

I feel the same way, too ~~ I mean, they should have waited for the orig casts, right? i'm sorry but what's the point of making a sequel when it is not a direct continuation of the previous? Yeah, goong 2 is related to goong 1 but not a sequel actually :cry:

I wanted to see more of Shin and CG. The way it ended really made us fans hanging, right? Will there be a season 3 with shin and cg in it? [/b]
Yeah you are right! I want to see more from Shin and CG too :-( :-( :cry:

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Oct 29th, '06, 00:57

Caja wrote:
blue_smurf wrote:

but I guess, that would never happen since the management of the lead(s) demanded expensive talent fees for their proteges :x if that is the case, it's all about money and not about fulfilling the promises and continuing projects :cry: It's such a big disappointment that after raising our hopes and making us wait. LIES!!!! :x This is just my opinion--whoever from the camp of either leads demanded expensive talent fees forgot that if it weren't for Goong and the fans, their proteges wouldn't be this hot an item today. I mean, why not take on the second season project for the sake of the fans and the project itself? It would mean more exposure and growth, which are needed for yeh's and jjh's growth as actors, right? As newbies, they should not be too focus on money because they have to prove themselves, still. One drama wouldn't be enough. personally, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth that money is given more value than taking on the opportunity to get more exposure and increased fame, if that's what they clamor for. There is a line drawn between a CELEBRITY and an ACTOR. The stars' management deserve to be kicked :lol If money is given more weight than the quality of the project, then, their proteges would be missing out a lot in the end I've seen some stars fell from fame because of managers' wrong work ethics and mismanagement, and of course, the fixation on money. A good example is Pierce Brosnan.
Last edited by blue_smurf on Oct 29th, '06, 01:04, edited 1 time in total.

meteorjc
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by meteorjc » Oct 29th, '06, 01:14

blue_smurf wrote:
Caja wrote:
blue_smurf wrote:

but I guess, that would never happen since the management of the lead(s) demanded expensive talent fees for their proteges :x if that is the case, it's all about money and not about fulfilling the promises and continuing projects :cry: It's such a big disappointment that after raising our hopes and making us wait. LIES!!!! :x This is just my opinion--whoever from the camp of either leads demanded expensive talent fees forgot that if it weren't for Goong and the fans, their proteges wouldn't be this hot an item today. I mean, why not take on the second season project for the sake of the fans and the project itself? It would mean more exposure and growth, which are needed for yeh's and jjh's growth as actors, right? As newbies, they should not be too focus on money because they have to prove themselves, still. One drama wouldn't be enough. personally, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth that money is given more value than taking on the opportunity to get more exposure and increased fame, if that's what they clamor for. There is a line drawn between a CELEBRITY and an ACTOR. The stars' management deserve to be kicked :lol If money is given more weight than the quality of the project, then, their proteges would be missing out a lot in the end I've seen some stars fell from fame because of managers' wrong work ethics and mismanagement, and of course, the fixation on money. A good example is Pierce Brosnan.
you have a point there, but in the article it said that the previous leading characters are busy with their new projects,...never know it could be an excuse, what i'm trying to say is; if the starz and director really want them to be in this project he would wait for them to finish their project. just like it started with a kiss. the director wait until arial lin finish filming legand of condor heroes.

kiasuteo

Post by kiasuteo » Oct 29th, '06, 01:50

what's the point of having GOONG 2 when the main cast is not there anymore ? they should rename the title so as not to mislead us .

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Oct 29th, '06, 03:33

meteorjc wrote:
blue_smurf wrote:
Caja wrote:
you have a point there, but in the article it said that the previous leading characters are busy with their new projects,...never know it could be an excuse, what i'm trying to say is; if the starz and director really want them to be in this project he would wait for them to finish their project. just like it started with a kiss. the director wait until arial lin finish filming legand of condor heroes.
ur right! the director should have waited for the stars to finish their projects but he was too iimpatient. Okay, we (the fans) have been impatient long enough and I guess we wouldn't mind if we have to wait longer, right? As long as the orig casts are on the second season and with the right storyline, we wouldn't mind waiting longer :lol I dunno why the director is so in a rush to film goong 2 :cry: :x Without the orig cast and the unresolved ending of goong 1, the second season wouldn't be as big a hit as goong 1 :D

Caja

Post by Caja » Oct 29th, '06, 12:43

More I think about the cast more I feel wanna cry :cry: :cry:

Whatever it is,heres some my fav Goong vidoes :wub:

Yul sings Perhaps Love-His voice is really nice :D

Shin and CG NG :wub: :wub: :wub: Haha,sooo cute

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » Oct 29th, '06, 12:47

blue_smurf wrote:
meteorjc wrote:
blue_smurf wrote:
ur right! the director should have waited for the stars to finish their projects but he was too iimpatient. Okay, we (the fans) have been impatient long enough and I guess we wouldn't mind if we have to wait longer, right? As long as the orig casts are on the second season and with the right storyline, we wouldn't mind waiting longer :lol I dunno why the director is so in a rush to film goong 2 :cry: :x Without the orig cast and the unresolved ending of goong 1, the second season wouldn't be as big a hit as goong 1 :D
but then again..didn't he already wait for YEH to finish with Vineyard Man? w/c is why the shooting was postponed in the first place??? please don't hit me..lol..im just playing devil's advocate here...hahaha..i mean...they must have their own reasons other than busy schedule right?? if nothing more important in their career is bout to come up they wudv done this drma already in the first place...im sure theyv got sumfink up their sleeves.. ^^ lol..

H2O

Post by H2O » Oct 29th, '06, 14:09

^^ Oh gosh! O.O My heart is too weak for another "surprise" if that's what the PD is planning! *___*

winterain

Post by winterain » Oct 29th, '06, 14:51

Anyone knows where i can get the original chinese subs for this series? I wanna let my mum watch, but she's not good at english .. :)
Your help will be greatly appreciated!

scorpiolgk

Goong MV

Post by scorpiolgk » Oct 29th, '06, 15:09

do u all know or have the Goong MV the official ones. i think is the one that come together with the Dvds ones. i think have 4 mv together.

foxyapple7

Post by foxyapple7 » Oct 30th, '06, 15:53

i bought the ost that comes with the 2 dvd mvs. the cheaper version has 4mvs but its in vcd. sorry but i dont knw how to convert and seed it... :(

scorpiolgk

Post by scorpiolgk » Oct 30th, '06, 15:56

thanks. i really hope u can manage to get all 4 mvs and seed it. i really wan to have all 4 of it. have been trying very hard to search for it. no results yet.

rcblue

My opinion about GOONG 2

Post by rcblue » Oct 30th, '06, 16:22

I don't think they should name the drama GOONG 2 if the original casts are not in it and the storyline have very little to do with the first one. It would put too much pressure for it to have the same success the previous one had and honestly, it's not fair for the new casts. From what I understand, the new casts are new talents which means their debut in this drama is very important to their acting career.

We (including me), as GOONG fans are very disatisfied with the PD decisions to have new casts and carry on a completely new story and call it GOONG 2. Don't get me wrong, I love Se7en, but I still prefer to see the chemistry between Shin and CG - and more Yul in GOONG 2 :wub: . In my opinion, the PD should carry on with this new drama (starring Se7en and all) but have a different title - not GOONG 2. Later on, when all the original casts and PD come to agreement on new schedule and able to film the sequel, they can call it GOONG 2.

There, I've finished my rant :lol . What do you think guys?

H2O

Post by H2O » Oct 30th, '06, 18:55

^^ I share the same sentiments. Don't get me wrong, I will support Goong 2, but I just don't like the name. It would lump it together with Goong when it BARELY have any relations. This would cause confusion and total chaos because the name implies that Goong 2 is THE CONTINUATION of Goong, when it's NOT!
Last edited by H2O on Oct 30th, '06, 21:40, edited 1 time in total.

blue_smurf

Re: My opinion about GOONG 2

Post by blue_smurf » Oct 30th, '06, 20:26

rcblue wrote:I don't think they should name the drama GOONG 2 if the original casts are not in it and the storyline have very little to do with the first one. It would put too much pressure for it to have the same success the previous one had and honestly, it's not fair for the new casts. From what I understand, the new casts are new talents which means their debut in this drama is very important to their acting career.

We (including me), as GOONG fans are very disatisfied with the PD decisions to have new casts and carry on a completely new story and call it GOONG 2. Don't get me wrong, I love Se7en, but I still prefer to see the chemistry between Shin and CG - and more Yul in GOONG 2 :wub: . In my opinion, the PD should carry on with this new drama (starring Se7en and all) but have a different title - not GOONG 2. Later on, when all the original casts and PD come to agreement on new schedule and able to film the sequel, they can call it GOONG 2.

There, I've finished my rant :lol . What do you think guys?
Ur right :D U know what, I dunno what to believe anymore :-( I dunno what's the real score or real reason behind the casts' decision not to do Goong 2...whether if they are busy or just making this as an excuse :cry: I hope they're not making their busy skeds as an excuse not to do Goong 2 because I can't stand being disappointed again. After all the promises of the leads to star on Goong 2, it would be like a slap in the face to us their fans if the real reason behind not continuing with Goong 2 is simply, they just don't want to do it!

rcblue

Re: My opinion about GOONG 2

Post by rcblue » Oct 31st, '06, 03:17

blue_smurf wrote:Ur right :D U know what, I dunno what to believe anymore :-( I dunno what's the real score or real reason behind the casts' decision not to do Goong 2...whether if they are busy or just making this as an excuse :cry: I hope they're not making their busy skeds as an excuse not to do Goong 2 because I can't stand being disappointed again. After all the promises of the leads to star on Goong 2, it would be like a slap in the face to us their fans if the real reason behind not continuing with Goong 2 is simply, they just don't want to do it!
Based on their interviews in GOONG 1.5, YEY and JJH have expressed their interest in taking parts in the sequel. Whatever preventing them from doing so, might be an external factor - their manager, disagreement regarding contract, GOONG 2 project manager did not contact them soon enough to confirm that they want them back, or something else. I dunno what happened there really. JJH's manager said that he has another project to do and they took on this new project because for the longest time, they didn't receive invitation to join in the sequel so they can't wait around. YEY reason was not clear. (= at least that's what I read from various sources, so don't kill me if I misinterpreted it) :P