RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KDRAMAS (ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Sakari

Post by Sakari » Sep 4th, '06, 05:11

jani wrote:does anyone know who that actor is in jaycee05's avatar? [the person with the very first post in this discussion] i'm dying to know.....
Japanese actor Satoshi Tsumabuki.

choisim

Post by choisim » Sep 4th, '06, 14:06

I have just completed downloading the series Mr. Goodbye and I am watching the sixth episode. It is worthwhile watching as Ahn Jae Wook is good in his acting and so is the leading lady.

Rajibu

Advise for drama

Post by Rajibu » Sep 4th, '06, 19:39

Hi everyone,

I'm kinda new to the drama stuff, I've only seen Full House and I really loved it..
I want to watch more, but there are so much to choose of...I really don't know which to watch...:scratch:

Could you guys advise me some? I like every genre...
And if you can, please leave a link for download! :unsure:

ThnX!!!

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Sep 4th, '06, 19:55

check out the recommendation thread..
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_11526_0.htm

rxvien

Post by rxvien » Sep 4th, '06, 20:15

you should watch 'my girl' .. it's a funny drama.. i liked 'hana yori dango' as well. that's a japanese drama. but yeah, check out the thread above and you'll see other recommendations. have fun.

wayuu

Post by wayuu » Sep 5th, '06, 21:16

Hi^^
I seeking for a drama named Banolim (sharp) 2.
Please tell me where I can find it :-)

Thank in advance :wub:

jiyi

Post by jiyi » Sep 6th, '06, 03:25

LIGHT HEARTED/FUNNY/ROMANTIC KOREAN DRAMAS:

I have to admit, I'm not good at watching sad/stressful/depressing K-dramas, it's too much for me to handle, but I love the lovey-dovey comedic ones so here's a few I recommend in order:

1) My Girl - A MUST SEE!!!!!!!!!!! Great acting, great chemistry(nice smooching scenes :D), hot actors & actresses, very funny, hilarious ending, interesting plot~
2) Sweet 18 - Great chemistry between main actors, very funny, trendy and likeable characters, attachment to characters overrule the plot in this drama, worth your while~
3) Full House - Bi. Need I say more? Haha jk, well I actually enjoyed the ongoing love battles between SHG and Bi, the story is a bit frustrating at times but very irresistable and funny!
4) My Sassy Girl Choon Yang - Pretty funny especially if you're Korean and you know the old tale of Choon Yang, but even if you don't this drama is great. Plot is not the typical rich guy-poor girl thing, but there is a love triangle and though I felt sorry for the other guy it all works out in the end.. Great ending ^___^ (warning: evil **** alert)
5) My Name is Kim Sam Soon - Lead actress has a wicked personality, she's cool and says everything she has to say without holding back like all other girl roles thank god! Hyun Bin shows off his great acting skills too, love him :D The drama is funny and pretty light hearted in my opinion. The "other" girl is also not a total **** which is a relief!
6) Bad Family - Extremely funny, a total comedy with some drama and love.
7) 18 vs 29 - Funny and cute, a bit frustrating at times but worth watching if you've seen the above 6 and don't know what else to watch :P

Astro_Boi

Post by Astro_Boi » Sep 6th, '06, 07:34

I dunno about K-drama series' ... but a really good Korean Movie i saw lately was 'A moment to remember'. Has anyone else seen it?

jani

Post by jani » Sep 6th, '06, 08:51

Sakari wrote:
jani wrote:does anyone know who that actor is in jaycee05's avatar? [the person with the very first post in this discussion] i'm dying to know.....
Japanese actor Satoshi Tsumabuki.
:mrgreen: thank you!!!!

sophia_truong

Post by sophia_truong » Sep 8th, '06, 06:33

luvelyasian wrote:^ i also would like to know which is the best 2006 drama to watch

i'm especially curious if Really really like you and Mr. Goodbye is worth watching :thumright:
i think the best 2006 drama so far is Goong --> it's a must-watch series :thumleft:

Rajibu

Post by Rajibu » Sep 9th, '06, 08:36

Astro_Boi wrote:I dunno about K-drama series' ... but a really good Korean Movie i saw lately was 'A moment to remember'. Has anyone else seen it?
I still have to watch that one~!!

I heard or read good tings about that movie?

jnara

RECOMMENDED KOREAN DRAMAS/COMEDIES

Post by jnara » Sep 10th, '06, 06:36

I WOULD RECOMMEND THE FF KOREAN SERIES(WORTH BUYING):

SWEET 18-undeniable the best korean comedy series

MY GIRL-funny

save the last dance

luvelyasian

Post by luvelyasian » Sep 10th, '06, 14:33

sophia_truong wrote:
luvelyasian wrote:^ i also would like to know which is the best 2006 drama to watch

i'm especially curious if Really really like you and Mr. Goodbye is worth watching :thumright:
i think the best 2006 drama so far is Goong --> it's a must-watch series :thumleft:
i actually didn't like it so I stopped watching...

maybe ppl enjoyed yun eun hye's acting but it just straight out aggravated me.

I heard Please Return Soon-ae was good but no one's mentioning it?

I would DEFINITELY recommend recommend recommend Dr. Kkaeng.

Just from the first episode I can tell it's a classic. And cetainly not your typical K-drama but it's just as great, perhaps better. GREAT actors, realistic and unique. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT.

just wondering if there are any drama out there that will give me as much enthusiasm...

and S,O.S subbers-- you realllty do have great taste to have chosen to hard-sub this series. It's the icing on the cake.. wonderful translations.
:salut:

piggyLove

Post by piggyLove » Sep 11th, '06, 08:44

What to say? xD So many! HAHA

Definitely must watch!
My name is kim sam soon!
Goong!
Save your last dance for me!

WOO WOO!! xD

dummy

Post by dummy » Sep 12th, '06, 02:05

ummmm ...u should watch i'm sorrie i love you, full house, smilie pasta,smile again,etc... :lol :lol
Attachments
i lOvE thIs duDE he iS hoTt!!!!!!! he is MInE giRls
i lOvE thIs duDE he iS hoTt!!!!!!! he is MInE giRls
joecheng (4).jpg (21.77 KiB) Viewed 3533 times

dummy

Post by dummy » Sep 12th, '06, 02:08

ummm...i'm sorrIe iLOVe yOU , fuLL hoUse,staie way to heaven,whAT planEt R u fRom,sMilINg paSta,sMILe agaIn,deVIl beSide yOU,It staRed wITh a KisS :-) :-)
Attachments
i loVe jOE cheNG .....he IS mINe
i loVe jOE cheNG .....he IS mINe
1607119051.jpg (52.33 KiB) Viewed 3529 times

sweet_pv54

Post by sweet_pv54 » Sep 16th, '06, 21:39

what i recommend is:

I'm Sorry I Love You - really sad
My Sister-in-law is 19 (funny yet the ending was all that great)
My Girl (extremely funny)
Damo (really liked it)
Wonderful Life (hilarious)

sargaborso

Post by sargaborso » Sep 16th, '06, 21:54

I just love Goong, My Girl and Full House, they are on the top of my list
if you don't wanna lose faith in k-dramas -> definetely stay away from Prince's 1st love!!!! :glare: blah...

Hikaru123

recommend me

Post by Hikaru123 » Sep 20th, '06, 19:32

I only watched Goong and I want to see more korean dramas. I like dramas about young people, high shool life and something like this :-)

Icalcan

Re: recommend me

Post by Icalcan » Sep 20th, '06, 20:28

Hikaru123 wrote:I only watched Goong and I want to see more korean dramas. I like dramas about young people, high shool life and something like this :-)
I dled and watched "Winter Sonata" based on my Korean students' strong recommendations (It starts with high school scenes and young people). I had already seen "Autumn Tale" and I think the producer and the director of these 2 series are the same. (Please somebody correct me If I am wrong, I don't know Korean. I use Eng. subs)

I loved Autumn Tale and would strongly recommend it if you like sad :cry: but great dramas and/or haven't seen it yet. I have .nsv files of all 16 episodes in "emule p2p network". Please search for Autumn Tale in the 'Korean Entertainment' thread in d-addicts (this is the thread you are reading now) and you'll find my post about it.

I also watched the first 2 ep.s of Winter Sonata and it seems good so far. I am dling the rest. :mrgreen:

As your id name suggests, you are a Japanese and you ((((((must))))) watch "1 Litre of Tears". Don't forget to have a few boxes of paper tissue beside you. I also have .nsv files of that series in emule. Follow the same instruction to dl from emule (series name and 'Any' type).

good luck in your search, :-)

Icalcan

Rajibu

Post by Rajibu » Sep 20th, '06, 20:47

oeee, thnx for the recommands =D

Icalcan

Post by Icalcan » Sep 20th, '06, 21:37

I see a wide range of tastes and opinions on K-dramas. Let's think about why this thread was created and why a drama is worth recommending to others. What do you consider to evaluate a drama? Is it the actors, the plot/story (humane value), or how you can relate to the series, based on your daily life or your own experiences?

Personally, I consider all of the above and then make a judgement. I was hooked onto Asian dramas when I started to watch them on aznv.tv through winamp, and the very first one I watched was "Autumn Tale"/Autumn in my heart. I didn't love it because it was my first to watch a K-drama, but the cast, the crew, and story were exceptional in their actions and I could personally relate to the story. I strongly recommend it for it's deep affection and love and the pain and sacrifice women endure in various societies. (probably watched it three times so far)

The second drama was "MY name is Kim Sam-soon". I have watched it several times (my own .nsv files) and I still find things and scenes very deep in meaning that Sam-soon has to endure as a woman in the Asian society. I am in the process of dl/watching "Full House". Too early to comment on it.

I know this is off this thread but I would strongly recommend the Japanese series (1 Litre of Tears). It's based on a true but tragic and sad story about a young girl. (((((Warning))))) have many paper tissue boxes, please. :cry:

Hikaru123

Post by Hikaru123 » Sep 21st, '06, 13:55

thanks! ^^

goonggong

Recommendations, please...

Post by goonggong » Sep 23rd, '06, 00:47

Hi! This is my first posting here, and I hope you don’t mind the really long message, but I'd just like to list the kdramas I've seen and what I thought of them... so if people would like to recommend stuff on what you think I'd like, that would be great.

1. Full House - first dose of kdrama... and I loved it.... my father (who hated drama series, by the way) and I stayed up late just to finish this... Great chemistry, lovable characters, lots of funny scenes... I used to think koreans look weird (don't kill me, USED TO!) but Rain's face grew on me... Very nice initiation, don't you think? Afterthought.... the kiss near the end looked weird...

2. My Name is Kim Sam Soon - first series I've seen ever (korean or not) to have a less than perfect lead character... liked it so much! and of course Hyun Bin was hot in it, so... Kim Sun Ah and Hyun Bin looked so good together, although, Hyun Bin's acting could use a little more oomph.

3. My Girl - It was hilarious... I wasn't used to Lee Da Hae's exaggeration at first, but I started to like it exponentially... Plus, nice smooch scenes... hahaha! Plus, Lee DOng Wook = HOT!

4. Princess Hours - I bought this because of the picture in front of the box... It was hilarious, and I started comparing other highschool dramas to it... It was funny, full of cute "aaah" moments, although there are times when Yoon Eun Yeh's character becomes very illogical...

5. Wonderful Life - I loved it because of the family theme (and Kim Jae Won, of course)... and Kim Jae Won and Yoo Jin had great chemistry. And I never thought it would get that heavy towards the end...

6. 1% of Anything - Got it because of Kang Dong Won, who I fell in love with because of Duelist, but the show becomes draggy in the middle, so I never got to finish it.

7. Great Inheritance - I did say I’m a Jae Won fan, right? It was depressing, though, that he and Han Ji Min just wasn’t clicking in this series… the kids are adorable, though.

8. A Love to Kill – A lot of people in this thread said it reeked, but I liked it. The cinematography was excellent, Rain’s acting was excellent, and Shin Min Ah’s crying always made me want to cry with her… Plus it has one of the best soundtracks I’ve ever heard.

9. What Happened In Bali – So Ji Sub? Lovely. And I like Ha Ji Won, so there. Jo In Sung’s acting was so effective… There’s no actual likable character in this drama, but they were very human. I found out what the ending would be from a spoiler before I got to finish it, and it turned out exactly how I thought it would be. I loved it, but unlike most kdramas I’ve seen, I feel no compulsion to repeat the experience.

10. What Star Are You From? – The only saving grace in this series is that Kim Rae Won and Jung Ryu Won looked adorable together.

11. Hardtack Teacher and Star Candy – At first I didn’t want to watch it because I didn’t like Gong Hyo Jin that much, but then I eventually did since I was so curious as to how Gong Yoo acts in a series (loved him in She’s on Duty). I have to say it was one of the most fun dramas I’ve seen, despite all the fillers and stuff… And Gong Yoo was adorable. Nuff said.

12. Exhibition of Fireworks – Liked it. Han Chae Young and Ka Ji Hwan had great chemistry, the story is light and fun, and I was surprised to see Park Yoon Hye in a bitchy role. There were times that KJH’s confusion between the two women becomes annoying, but hey, it’s part of the story.

13. Dating Now – Kwon Sang Woo + So Ji Sub. The quantity of masculine hotness cannot be ignored… hahaha! The story was funny in the beginning, So Ji Sub and Chae Rim looked adorable together, but truth be told, the love story of the secondary characters became more interesting than that of the leads as the story went on.

14. I’m Sorry I Love You – Probably had the same sounds people as A Love to Kill, since I loved the soundtrack so. I have no words to describe So Ji Sub’s acting but “WOW”. I think the story was excellent, and apparently a lot of people thought so too.

15. One Fine Day – Usually the kdramas I’ve seen were comedies that have traces of melodrama and end happily, or dramas that have traces of comedy and die, I mean end, tragically. This is one exception. The story is rather heavy, the comedic element is scarce, but the end isn’t tragic. I fell in love with it. Most of the time the scenes were bittersweet, and the restraint that had to be exercised by both Sung Yuri and Gong Yoo’s character added to the poignancy of the story… sigh… Loved it.

Again, sorry for the rather lengthy message, but I’m out of series to watch… well, I haven’t finished Romance, yet… so there. Please help… old or new series, I don’t care. Thanks!

bubblegumlover19

Post by bubblegumlover19 » Sep 25th, '06, 00:03

7ehpenguin wrote:what romantic comedies are good?
EXCELLENT:

- Goong [aka PRINCESS HOURS[ - i love shin! he's so hott!! :wub: and the girl is really cute and kinda pretty. the characters grow on you. :D btw, their kiss in episode 23 was TERRIFIC!! the OST was AWESOME. you'll see if you watch it. i've cried in it also, the actors' and actresses' acting was EXCELLENTLY PERFECT.

- Full House - i love SONG HYE KYO. she's so pretty! and RAIN's so HOT!! hehee... :P but their kiss at the end just totally sucked.

- My Name is Kim Sam Soon- it sometimes get draggy, but man, it was touching, i cried SO many times! Hyun Bin is alright, i guess, yeah, kim sam soon was just BLAH at the beginning, but you get to know her, and you find that she's alright. also, DANIEL HENNEY is so hot!!!! man, he just rocks at basketball.

- My Girl - it was pretty cute, but it was kinda dragging how the main girl kept crying and the other guy just kept coming to her and trying to comfort her. even though the kiss itself wasn't really great, the way he built it up was really cute. it's in episode 13. they were walking in the park, and they were talking unimportant stuff. they stop, and then face each other. he signals her to come closer, and then he gave her a kiss on the forehead, she looked embarrassed, and then he asked her: "What? Disappointed?" and she stutters: "yea..." and then she realizes what she said and then quickly said "an-ee" which means "no" but then the guy already headed for a kiss on the mouth for her. that was pretty cute. =)

EXTREMELY GOOD KOREAN MOVIE:

- Temptations of the Wolves- OMG! i <3333 the main guy- he's Jo Han Seon. OMG! he's SO HOT!!! :heart: :heart: LOL. the other guy was alright, i guess- Kang Don Won. it's a romantic comedy. but the end is SO SAD!! I've cried over the movie also.

GOOD KOREAN DRAMA:

- 18 vs. 29- it wasn't TOO good, but the part when they were 18 WAS pretty cute. i <3 Choi Si Won!! hehe.. BUT the "evil" girl was wayy prettier than the main girl.

- Mr. Goodbye- the concierge guy was pretty hot!! - aka Cho DongHyuk. the little guy was also very cute, but he's like 6 or something. the ending was really sad also, i've cried over it. i didn't expect it. even the the title kinda insinuated it, the name "mr. goodbye" was accounted for already, in the middle.

MEDIOCRE KOREAN DRAMA:

- Bright Girl's Successful Story- the guy was ugly, but the girl is kinda pretty. i only like her hair. ONLY.

- Taste Sweet Love- the guy [the little brother] was cute, but both the female, which is 6 years older than him in the drama, was ugly.

AWFUL KOREAN DRAMA:

- To Marry a Millionaire- both the female and male characters were awful. they were ugly. BUT the girl that forms a love triangle with the main guy was pretty. :D

- A Prince's First Love- it was absolutely horrible.

CURRENTLY WATCHING:

- Smile Again- the girl is kinda pretty, and the ha-jin in there is alright, but i like the coach WAYYY BETTER, but OBVIOUSLY, the girl is NOT gonna end up with the coach.

- My 19 Year Old Sister- in- Law- it's alright, i guess, it's kinda funny how big the girl's eyes can get.

bubblegumlover19

Post by bubblegumlover19 » Sep 25th, '06, 00:04

whoops. it was supposed to be what romantic comedies are good. my bad. i kinda just said which ones are good. =(
hehehe..

mchan

Post by mchan » Sep 26th, '06, 03:43

Can any of you suggest me a drama with a lead male character who has a veery strong personality and confedint ?? I just LOVE this type please ?

For me the best are My Girl, stairway to heaven and stained Glass > These have a strong confident characters which is what I'm looking for in thr drama
Last edited by mchan on Sep 27th, '06, 08:45, edited 2 times in total.

isbes83

Post by isbes83 » Sep 26th, '06, 14:46

i would say

1. All About Eve - excellence antagonist character.
2. Hotelier- Sweet and professional
3. I'm sorry i Love you - unexpected ending.
4. My Lovely Sam soon- cute and inspiring

bubblegumlover19

Post by bubblegumlover19 » Sep 27th, '06, 04:39

hm.... strong personality and confident.
it's kinda hard to think just off the top of my head, but the girl in smile again was kind, strong, both physically and emotionally, :-) yeahh, i guess she's confident.
i dunno if you're gonna like it, but you can try watching the first episode on youtube.

sweetlara

Post by sweetlara » Sep 27th, '06, 06:13

hi im a newbie here..just finished watching Goong and i absolutely loved it...this is my first post

my list
Goong(palace)-Great production,great cast, great storyline and most of all great chemisrty between te cast members (particularly CG and Shin Goon).The production really pulled it off with making it into a sappy fairy tail. :wub:

My name is kim samsoon-very funny and i liked it when the lead character(samsoon) is not the typical skinny, im so perfect girl.

Sweet 18- this is also funny...although kinda dragging i still watched it

:w00t:

I hear this gonna be Goong 2...will it be the same cast?can someone tell me :whistling:

franchosa

Post by franchosa » Sep 27th, '06, 06:17

Which Star Are You From? - if not only for Kim Rae Won alone :wub:

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Sep 27th, '06, 17:13

bubblegumlover19 wrote:hm.... strong personality and confident.
it's kinda hard to think just off the top of my head, but the girl in smile again was kind, strong, both physically and emotionally, :-) yeahh, i guess she's confident.
i dunno if you're gonna like it, but you can try watching the first episode on youtube.
mchan said she wanted a lead MALE character with a strong personality and confidence not a lead female character. The only one I can think of is Goong, the lead male might be perceived more as arrogant but you can check it out if you like.

mchan

Post by mchan » Sep 29th, '06, 04:39

OvertheRainbow wrote:
bubblegumlover19 wrote:hm.... strong personality and confident.
mchan said she wanted a lead MALE character with a strong personality and confidence not a lead female character. The only one I can think of is Goong, the lead male might be perceived more as arrogant but you can check it out if you like.
oh no its my fault, when he mentioned a lead female characters I realized I didn't clerify it clear , then a edited it

yeaaaaaaaaaaah shin is a great example, goong is one of my favourate characters as well, I love him.. I hate cowards, weak , unconfident men, in some dramas the girl is the one who save him and keep supporting him I hate that ! BE A MAN !!
is it possible that only a few are there like that ??

my favourates : My Girl, Goong, Stairway to Heaven ( I would die to find a man like him wanna see more dramas with people like him ) , My Great Inhertince, Stained Glass, Heaven's Tree , Only you, Full House

Hall of shame : All in ( I hated In Ha, I kept thinking like : oh just do that and that !! ), Autumn in my heart, ( crying from the begning till the end, the lead one here is too weak I hated him completely ),

please ??? if you know good ones tell me please,

qhpepa

Post by qhpepa » Sep 29th, '06, 12:47

Dramas that I really love and have watched over and over:
1. All about Eve (love the main lead actor)
2. Secret (the main lead actor is sooo coool)
3. Country Princess (Funny WIld Girl)

Very Good dramas:
- Jewel in the palace
- What happened in Bali
- Her house
- Reach for the stars
- Resurrection
- Super rookie
- Bad housewife
- My girl

gougz

Post by gougz » Sep 29th, '06, 14:59

don't forget to also watch ATTIC CAT and Oh! Pil Seung And Bong Soon Young! which are very good too, and funny :D

kamiru0hikari

Post by kamiru0hikari » Sep 30th, '06, 21:27

hey everyone... i need help... ive been trying to think of a koreandrama to watch but cant think of anything... i kind of want something like goong or my girl.... something with romance-comedy... but still has its sad parts..

ive seen goong, my gril, my name is kim sam soon and fullhouse.

please help me!!!!

xoxo, kamiru

7ehpenguin

Post by 7ehpenguin » Sep 30th, '06, 22:21

everyone says dae jang geum or jewel in the palace is good, but i cant seem to find it anywhere >< and the torrents take me too long to download XP lol, and ironically my mom just got the dvd box set, but the subs are in chinese...which i SUCK at TT_TT anyone know where i can download it?

Vivagirl

Post by Vivagirl » Oct 4th, '06, 18:05

my name is kim samsoon/lovely samsoon-comedy+touching=hyun bin and sun ah did a nice job & i like it very much!

full house-comedy=only thing i disliked was that rain was screaming at hae kyo almost 80% of the time otherwise nice

my girl-comedy+touching=dong wook & da hee did a gd job nice show

one fine day-complicated love affairs, if you are a gong yoo fan, a must watch as he potrays a serious role, tensed romantic story

biscuit teacher star candy/hello my teacher-gong yoo was hilarious wooing his teacher=nice show

goong-eun hye was cute and her wardrobe was fantastic, shin & yul were great but the storyline abt the crown prince fighting were draggy otherwise it was nice watching the main characters develop feelings for each other

sweet 18-similiar to little bride (movie)- if you are fan of lee dong gun, shud watch. comedy+nice touching story

bright girls success story-i watch it for jang hyuk (also did more screamings like rain in full house) rich guy become poor join poor girl ,learn to be humble and finally work his way to success. nice show

delightful girl lee chyunyang-initially i got bored but continued watching and realised some kinda love contract thing where almost every kdrama seems to have.starting funny & draggy but later on its touching and shows how the lead girl loves & sacrifices for the lead guy (oh i forgot, u will want to curse the other 2 supporting actors who will try to separate the main leads, they were terrible, i was cursing every ep.. but that will keep u continue to watch it till the end)

wonderful life-kim jae won & eugene did a nice job.love contract again but this drama touched me very much cos of the little girl who acted in it with illness. nice show

great inheritance-also kim jae won acting, funny show with damn lotsa cute little kids. nice comedy show & i like it very much

my sister-in-law is 19- i watch it for yoon kye sang character-seung jae,he did a great job, another love contract but the lead girl jung da bin din end up with kim jae won whom she signed the love contract...nice show, i liked it

wow... din realised i watched so much and it was a recent addiction within less than 2 mths lol... anyway there were many more but i cant rem all cos some were movies.

im a sucker for comedy so am waiting to catch attic cat...which many of you all reco... :lol

pachinkogirl

Post by pachinkogirl » Oct 5th, '06, 23:44

In order of preference:

1. Save the Last Dance for Me (Came out in 2004 so it's older than other popular, newer series like Kim Sam Soon, My Girl, and Full House. Be prepared to ignore the cliches and just enjoy the LOVE in this one if you've already seen the above mentioned series. Explosive chemistry between leads; GREAT OST!)

2. Autumn in my Heart

3. My Girl

4. Full House

5. Goong

6. Kim Sam Soon (I couldn't finish watching this one for some reason)

Enki

Post by Enki » Oct 7th, '06, 06:49

Hi everyone!
I was wondering if anyone can recommend me some Korean dramas...that are NOT romances :lol I'm new to k-dramas and still have the stereotype in my head that they're all very weepy sappy romances...I guess I'm just too much of a stereotypical guy because they don't interest me that much :lol I like comedies and inspirational stuff most of all, can anyone recommend me any k-dramas in those veins?

Help is really appreciated! :D

cilla87

which korean series do u suggest?

Post by cilla87 » Oct 10th, '06, 07:00

i wanna buy korean series to watch but i dunno what is good... so can u plz suggest some that i can buy... i want either sad or funni ones ... thanx!!!! :wub:

Blacky

Post by Blacky » Oct 10th, '06, 07:32

full house <3

TIticamara

Re: which korean series do u suggest?

Post by TIticamara » Oct 10th, '06, 16:43

cilla87 wrote:i wanna buy korean series to watch but i dunno what is good... so can u plz suggest some that i can buy... i want either sad or funni ones ... thanx!!!! :wub:
Winer sonata. You won't regret it.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Oct 10th, '06, 22:25

Enki wrote:Hi everyone!
I was wondering if anyone can recommend me some Korean dramas...that are NOT romances
I've only seen about 12 kdramas but each one of them has some sort of romance in it. Even a series that's about korean vampires has a lot of romance stuff in it :P

perhaps someone with more experience can suggest some, but dramas in general, have always been about romance.

snooopy06

Post by snooopy06 » Oct 11th, '06, 07:27

kobe23 wrote:
I was wondering if anyone can recommend me some Korean dramas...that are NOT romances
I've only seen about 12 kdramas but each one of them has some sort of romance in it. Even a series that's about korean vampires has a lot of romance stuff in it :P

perhaps someone with more experience can suggest some, but dramas in general, have always been about romance.
Korean Vampires
can I ask which drama is it
first time I hear about it

can someone recommend me Kdrama where is the guy is poor
all the drama that I have seen the guy must be rich

another thing I also want a drama where the guy will love the girl first because always the girl love the guy first

and thanks in advance

justinlee7

Post by justinlee7 » Oct 17th, '06, 01:03

My TOP 5 kDRAMAS
1. SORRY I LOVE YOU- just perfect, tearjerking!!! :thumright: :thumleft: :thumleft:
2. FULL HOUSE-hilariously touching!!! :-) :-) :-)
3, JEWEL IN THE PALACE (DAE JANGGEUM) - very inspiring!!! :D
4. LOVE STORY IN HARVARD - intellectually stimulating and perfect chemistry!!! :wub: :wub:
5. WINTER SONATA - great ost and the direction is cool!!! :D

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Oct 17th, '06, 01:52

snooopy06 wrote:
kobe23 wrote:

Korean Vampires
Nine-Tailed Fox aka Gumiho

They're not really vampires I guess, but it's the same concept. Look it up, quite a good series.

xingjing
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xingjing » Oct 17th, '06, 02:35

Hm... since everybody seems to be doing this... and i haven't been on D-Addicts for a dreadfully long time... why not?

According to xingjing:
MUST WATCH

Dae Jang Geum - Absolutely the most wonderful-est Korean drama I have ever seen. The suspense is like no other and the storyline is never blah. You have the antagonists, but you love the protagnoists even more. The acting is splendid and there are never parts that will leave you going, "ho hum". Definitely recommended.

My Girl - Really hilarious. One of the most hilarious Korean dramas I've ever seen. And the best thing is it all flows smoothly and beautifully. Besides, it's got Lee Junki in it... XD Well, off of that digression. The protagonist, Yoorin is such a lovable character. Very good!

Goong - The first few episodes, I was thinking, Oh God, why did PD Hwang choose these people? And then I realized, a bit laboriously, that Goong is very worth your time. Don't take that as a, "Oh, it's one of those hard to appreciate dramas". No, it's not at all! Though you really really hate the antagonists. But it's wonderful!

My Name is Kim Sam Soon - I remember watching this and I was getting paranoid that my parents kept coming upstairs [since I'm not allowed to watch K-dramas]. So it was sort of choppy. But it was really good and hilarious! It's original in its own way and quite creative. Which is why I love it.

Full House - It's quite an interesting romantic comedy, if I do say so myself. I think SHK does a wonderful job. She's a splendid actress. But Bi does his own wonderful part in the drama and I think he should be commended on it too. But really do check it out!

All About Eve - I remembered watchin this with my mom when I was in 5th grade of 6th grade? But anyways, it was really good. Because you just HATED the antagonist. By God was she annoying. And so plotting and all. But she sort of deserved what she got in the end. I have to say all of the acting is splendid because everybody does a beautiful job.

Sweet 18 - A hilarious drama. Really. HJH and LDG make a wonderful pair and the chemistry is so evident. [They're also going out!] But anyways, it's really funny. And you're laughing most of the time. Believable, yet hilarious characters.

OK DRAMAS

Autumn Tale - Personally, I think the only reason I really appreciate it now is because it was one of the first Korean dramas I watched. And... of course, I thought it was really sad and cried a billion times. Maybe I just like the emotional rollercoaster, but oh, what the heck. Check this one out if you're just starting out. Otherwise you'll get sick of it.

Summer Scent - Eargh. Though everybody hates it... I'm compelled to say it wasn't THAT bad. The truth is, it could have been worse. But really, how does falling in love with a girl because she has the heart transplant of your ex-girlfriend? Meh. I just watched it because I'm a SYJ fan.

Which Star Are You From? - This one is really just an OK, though it sort of grabbed my attention. I mean, sure, the story is okay. But I have to admit that JRW's acting amazed me. I really didn't think she could pull off such a role. But she did! The story's ok, but maybe JRW's acting will make you watch... like it did for me!

Delightful Girl Choonhyang - This one started out really REALLY goood. And funny. But then towards the end I got really sort of sick with it. It started dragging and I was like, my God, how many episodes do I have left? Not a good sign. Major dragging towards the end.

18:29 - I think this is sort of the middle of really good and OK. Because I was really interested. But maybe it was just because I was bored... hm... But the antagonist is pretty annoying. No, really annoying. But it's got a nice sort of twist to the amnesia thing.

Bad Family - REALLY REALLY FUNNY. The characters that are not really the protagonists, supporting characters, are really really well-portrayed. And they've got wonderful acting skills. So I love this drama. Except towards the end I got sort of sick of it. Maybe it's just me...

STAY AWAY!

Hotelier - Okay, this one was just boring. I think I'll leave it at that. Maybe if I wasn't so impatient and upset at the pairing, then maybe...

Wonderful Life - I got SICK of this in a few episodes. But I watched it because I loved Shinbi. But otherwise I hated everything else about this drama.

Spring Waltz - I love the OST. I love the cast. But I hate everything else! It got so boring and elongated I couldn't keep up the interest. Just "meh" overall.

Fireworks - Just had to throw this one in. I watched until episode 12 and then I got sick of how they were dragging. Dragging TOO MUCH. NEVER watch this. EVER.

I'm sure I'm missing a lot. But this is all I can think of right now.

Fadz

Post by Fadz » Oct 20th, '06, 14:31

snooopy06 wrote:
can someone recommend me Kdrama where is the guy is poor
all the drama that I have seen the guy must be rich

another thing I also want a drama where the guy will love the girl first because always the girl love the guy first

and thanks in advance
I'm surprised Sad Love Story is not mentioned here. Granted, the storyline's a tad predictable. But overall it's a good show. Love the OST. And you have the guy falling in love first, and he's poor. He has a rich friend though. Definitely a should (not must) see (don't expect any surprises in the storyline though).

My personal top rankers:
1. My Name is Kim Sam Soon (happy - watched it like 3 times)
2. Goong (happy)
3. Stairway to Heaven (sad)
4. Friends (happy/sad - fine, it's a mini-series. But it's good!)
5. Full House (happy)
6. Sad Love Story (sad)
7. My Love Pattzi (happy)
8. My Girl (happy)

There are lots more collecting dust in my collection...but I can't think of anything else right now.

gougz

Post by gougz » Oct 20th, '06, 21:15

snooopy06 wrote: Korean Vampires
Hello Franceska http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hello_Franceska a funny one :D but i dunno if there are sub!

appleberrie

Post by appleberrie » Oct 21st, '06, 01:10

Hi guys, I'm a big fan of historical dramas (Korean, Japanese, or Chinese). My top 2 up until recently were the excellent K-dramas Dae Jang Geum and Damo. I loved the palace intrigue in Dae Jang Geum, and Damo was just so... gripping! This week, though, I finally got around to watching up to ep. 14 of Ju Mong, and I must say that it's my new number 1 K-drama. It's absolutely excellent, and so heart-wrenching! I don't usually cry when watching dramas (except perhaps for a tear or two), but last night, I was sitting in front of my computer *sobbing* while watching Ju Mong...

I'm wondering if you guys can recommend any other excellent historical dramas. I've tried to watch Emperor of the Sea, but I never got into it... should I give it another try? Is it good? Also, what about Ballad of Sudong? I saw a few episodes but I'm also not sure if it's really any good. Is it on par with Dae Jang Geum and Ju Mong?

Thanks, and looking forward to meeting some historical drama fans here! :)

awerica_24

FAVE KOREAN DRAMA

Post by awerica_24 » Oct 21st, '06, 03:31

What is your favorite korean drama?

For me there are so many...like
My Girl (the best)
Jewel in the Palace (wow)
Stairway to heaven (huhuhu)
Kim Sam Soon (Hehehe)
Full House (mmmm) :mrgreen: :argue: :cry:

horndogbuddhist

Post by horndogbuddhist » Oct 21st, '06, 03:34

WAY too many to list...

but here are some

My Girl
Full House
Goong
Kim Sam Soon
Beautiful Days (only cuz Lee Jung Hyun is in it)

awerica_24

Goong?

Post by awerica_24 » Oct 21st, '06, 03:38

I hav'nt seen Goong yet... its not yet televised here in the Phil.. I''l look forward on seeing it...

flowerpotcat

For romantic comedy lovers

Post by flowerpotcat » Oct 23rd, '06, 15:43

I haven't finished these series yet, but so far, I haven't been disappointed, and I'm lovin' them. Also, I don't find them fitting entirely to the k-drama mold nor they follow that same formula and they give us a fresher perspective in k-drama..

1. Soulmate
2. What's Up Fox

Kratos

Recommend a Korean Comedy!

Post by Kratos » Oct 23rd, '06, 22:53

Hey all,

I'm Australian. Can people please recommend any good Korean comedies. Dramas or movies. They need to have English subtitiles or i won't have a clue. Thanks a bunch!

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » Oct 23rd, '06, 23:29

I was wondering if anyone can recommend me some Korean dramas...that are NOT romances :lol I'm new to k-dramas and still have the stereotype in my head that they're all very weepy sappy romances...I guess I'm just too much of a stereotypical guy because they don't interest me that much :lol I like comedies and inspirational stuff most of all, can anyone recommend me any k-dramas in those veins?

Help is really appreciated! :D
Hello Enki! i love Bad Family which does not focus on romance. it's kind of dysfunction "family" made up of various type of people who are not really related initially. It's funny and heart warming.

Well there are also romances which are not really weepy sappy. My favourite is My Girl. It's definitely a comedy.

I've recent watched Super Rookie about an average guy getting into a big organisation by chance, how he shines and stay in the company against all odds. It's a comedy which does not focus too much on romance.

If you are looking for inspirational drama, in general, i found more japanese dorama in that genre. I can think of among korean drama are Jewel in the Palace (Dae Jang Geum), I'm Sorry I love You.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Oct 23rd, '06, 23:49

My first ever Korean movie was My Sassy Girl and my first ever kdrama was Full House. IMO, you can't possibly get a better introduction to Korean movies/series than that :) They're not exactly LOL comedy, but they'll provide plenty of laughter.

JohnnyCake8

Post by JohnnyCake8 » Oct 24th, '06, 00:11

My Sassy Girl was my first kmovie also... i also recomend it +)....

EdisonLiu

Post by EdisonLiu » Oct 24th, '06, 12:29

These are all great suggestions of series to watch. I have seen most of them. I am now getting into Korean Dramas again. Japanese is just too short. Chinese, I've already seen all the recent ones which are good that are out in store.

Quote from kobe: Nine Tail Fox is not about Vampires. Nine Tail Fox is just like the title says. Fox in human form. A Curse where they have to feed on human liver.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Oct 24th, '06, 12:46

Thank you Edison, I'm well aware they're not vampires :) As I said in my previous post, it's still the same concept.

Foxes live a "normal" life by day (go to work etc.) and feed on human liver (deceased) by night. Vampires also have normal lives during the day and feed on human blood at night (usually killing the victim), so I guess Foxes are more peaceful by nature but the general gist isn't much different to a vampire story.

EdisonLiu

Post by EdisonLiu » Oct 24th, '06, 13:24

For that Vampire Serie Hello Francesca, Is it good? or boring? I read the synopsis it seems interesting.

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Oct 24th, '06, 14:11

Current top favourite: What's Up Fox. I haven't enjoyed a Korean drama as much since My Name is Kim Sam Soon and My Girl. BTW, the writer of WUF is the same as MNIKSS.

anhnie

Post by anhnie » Oct 24th, '06, 23:06

My Sassy Girl is my fav korean movie! it's an awesome romantic comedy, one of the best! i totally recommend it..as for other comedy movies, I would recommend My Tutor Friend, that was also very cute.

As for romantic comedy type dramas, I would recommend:

- My Name is Kim Sam Soon
- My Girl
- Full House

XxLenaxX

Post by XxLenaxX » Oct 24th, '06, 23:15

I'm not korean but i've watched alot of kdramas and here are my favs:

- My Name is Kim Sam Soon
- Full House
- My Girl
- All about Eve
- Stairway to Heaven
- Save the Last Dance for Me
- All In

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Oct 24th, '06, 23:19

I think this should be merged with the Recommended/Favorite Korean Dramas topic since they're both basically the same thing....

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_11526_930.htm

azarias79

Post by azarias79 » Oct 28th, '06, 20:30

my girl, goong

vanjuve

Post by vanjuve » Oct 29th, '06, 11:23

My Girl is the best i've seen so far.

[img]http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k22/v ... mg0254.jpg[/img]

funny yet romantic...
never draggy.....
the cast?~~~awesome

other would be:
full house
goong
MNKSS
winter sonata
WHIB
misa
save the last dance for me

connie333

Post by connie333 » Oct 30th, '06, 06:41

my girl, always 8)

groink

Post by groink » Oct 30th, '06, 06:44

OvertheRainbow wrote:I think this should be merged with the Recommended/Favorite Korean Dramas topic since they're both basically the same thing....

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_11526_930.htm
bump

silvermug

Post by silvermug » Nov 1st, '06, 19:36

comedic: my girl, so far is the funniest that i've seen. next is mni kim sam soon.
non-comedic: save the last dance (also has the best OST that i've listened to)

those won't make you leave your seat. you just keep on watching them episode after episode.

Jenniffer

Post by Jenniffer » Nov 1st, '06, 19:55

Goong :w00t:
My name is kim sam soon :w00t:
my girl :lol
Stairway to heaven :cry:
misa (i havent finish yet) :cry:

tsp_uk

Post by tsp_uk » Nov 4th, '06, 10:33

Hey, I've seen My Girl, My Name is Kim Sam Soon, Goong, Autumn Tale. The most popular ones I would say, but I haven't watched any more dramas since Goong because of being away from university. Could anyone tell me what is the most popular drama right now?

Deedlith

Post by Deedlith » Nov 4th, '06, 11:19

I think it must be Couple or Trouble also named Fantasy Couple, the serie jumped from the 17th Place in Korea to the 5th... Written by the creators of My Girl and My Sassy Girl Choon Hyang if i'm not mistaken. I haven't watched it yet but the few scenes i've seen were hilarious especially since the main actress plays the ****. Great scenaries and fun music as well, hope they will continue this way. Although lots of people loved watching My Girl and Goong i found the first ok but a bit boring in the end for the last the music where great but i found it boring from episode 5 to 20, didn't have the courage for finishing it...

AH for Sweet Spy , i uploaded it because the serie looked fun but haven't been able to continue further, Dennis Oh's acting just sucked too much couldn't bear to watch this any more. Such waste of time.

Winter Sonata, could be interesting in the beginning but too much flash back scenes like the spectators is an idiot not being able to remember anything.

My must watch list is :
-Full House : bit boring in the end though
-Sassy Girl Choon Hyang :bit boring in the end as well
-Sweet 18 :Truly loved it from beginning to the end.
- Save the Last Dance for Me : One of the first i've watched, Great alchimy between Eugene and Kang Hyun-woo.
- Whitch Star Are You From : Loved it from beginning to End
- Snow White : same as WSAYF
- Bad Family : A must Watch especially since it really change from usual k dramas
- Smile Again : Bit boring in the End but good looking actors and suspens till the end
- One Fine Day : The Actors were all great in this
- My Name is Kim Sam Soon : Well everybody loved this one

I got lots of other new or old dramas still waiting on my computer Like Damo for example i'll try to watch it soon since lots of people recommended it, but i'm not really into Sad Dramas ^^ Couldn't bear to finish Autumn Talen there was too much Crying.

tkjlover93

Post by tkjlover93 » Nov 5th, '06, 04:20

1.) Princess Hours (Goong) :wub:
2.) Fullhouse :thumright:
3.) My 19 Year Old Sister In-Law :w00t:
4.) My Girl :thumleft:
5.) Sweet 18 (Little Bride) :cheers: