[Discussion] Iryu Team Medical Dragon (All Seasons)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.

How would you rate Iryu Team Medical Dragon?

Life-altering
50%
See it
35%
Probably shouldn't miss it
9%
Only if you have time
5%
STAY AWAY
1%

Total votes: 144

indokid

[Discussion] Iryu Team Medical Dragon (All Seasons)

Post by indokid » Jun 22nd, '06, 18:15

anyone else love this drama? the final episode is finally airing today in japan.. after the cliffhanger operation end of ep10
imo this is the BEST drama this season.. very exciting storyline that gets better with every episode...and check out the ost too.. blue dragon/aesthetic is amazing piece of music ive ever heard from japanese dramas

drama info: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Iryu
english softsubs: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_36145.htm

most satisfying spring 2006 drama:
http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-35
http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/confidence/27309/
Last edited by indokid on Jul 21st, '06, 04:23, edited 2 times in total.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jun 23rd, '06, 16:46

MCS has csubbed avi files

It was pretty good (i'm only up to ep 8). But it seemed to lack something ... not sure what

darkangst

Post by darkangst » Jun 23rd, '06, 23:46

:sigh: I wish someone would sub it in English so I can see....

indokid

Post by indokid » Jun 24th, '06, 06:24

yah.. english subs would be nice.. this is really a great series
btw, the final episode was delayed to next week cos of damn world cup matches :cussing:

lu_chan

Post by lu_chan » Jun 24th, '06, 18:29

woah. I was looking for a discussion thread for this series. sooo glad i found one! I just started downloading the raws. Cant wait to see if they will sub (hard/soft) of this series. . and...

@indokid: hey now....nuthin wrong with postponing the final ep for the world cup. God knows i feel my life is on hold watching the world cup. he-heh. THough, i can only imagine your anticipation at awaiting the final ep. ^__^

Robina

Post by Robina » Jun 26th, '06, 04:57

I never saw a Raw Dramabecause I make sure it is sub ...but this drama catch my eyes when i read the story in Drama WIKI and I decided to watch it and it is great :) I like it soooooo much ...I jst hope that someone subtitle it...it might be hard because of some medical stuff ^___^ any way, it is a great drama and Teppi was great in it^____^

freedomgunda

Post by freedomgunda » Jun 26th, '06, 05:23

You can go to this site if you understand chinese
great site for japanese drama

http://bbs.btpig.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=168

Robina

Post by Robina » Jun 26th, '06, 05:27

freedomgunda wrote:You can go to this site if you understand chinese
great site for japanese drama

http://bbs.btpig.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=168
waaa!!! :cry: I wish I understand chinses T___T

lu_chan

Post by lu_chan » Jun 27th, '06, 13:40

Robina wrote:I never saw a Raw Dramabecause I make sure it is sub ...but this drama catch my eyes when i read the story in Drama WIKI and I decided to watch it and it is great :) I like it soooooo much ...I jst hope that someone subtitle it...it might be hard because of some medical stuff ^___^ any way, it is a great drama and Teppi was great in it^____^
sometimes I don't mind watching raws....it helps my retention of what I am learning, while studying Japanese. I can understand enough to get a jist of what is going on...but, devil is in the details, neh? and, this being a medical show, i am sure there are details i am going to miss out on.

But, like you, it just looks soo good, i just want to watch it. and just pray for soft-subs. ^^

AnimeSonic

Englsih Subs

Post by AnimeSonic » Jun 30th, '06, 07:46

Sombody should sub this series in English. I've heard that it is good. I don't know why nobody hasn't subbed it yet. I would prefer soft subs since I downloaded all the raws allready. I can understand some Japanese, but I cannot enjoy it fully without the subs.
Any help would be greatly apprecited.

rickt

Post by rickt » Jun 30th, '06, 08:08

yes, too bad no one is subbing this drama.. :( it's such a good series and the ratings are not so bad either. I guess people prefer to sub series with eye candy rather than bloody surgery scenes.. (not that Ryu isn't an eye candy himself) :wub:

indokid

Post by indokid » Jun 30th, '06, 08:16

rickt wrote:yes, too bad no one is subbing this drama.. :( it's such a good series and the ratings are not so bad either. I guess people prefer to sub series with eye candy rather than bloody surgery scenes.. (not that Ryu isn't an eye candy himself) :wub:
nah..i don't think that's the reason
i think it's because the medical terms and complicated surgical procedures in iryu is way hell hard to translate.. though im wondering how the guys at subpig managed to pull it off(respect)
so i guess this would remain unsubbed in english.. which is too bad for such a great series

myke

Re: Englsih Subs

Post by myke » Jun 30th, '06, 09:11

AnimeSonic wrote:Sombody should sub this series in English. I've heard that it is good. I don't know why nobody hasn't subbed it yet. I would prefer soft subs since I downloaded all the raws allready. I can understand some Japanese, but I cannot enjoy it fully without the subs.
Any help would be greatly apprecited.
yes....me too...
i hope this drama will have it sub...
:roll
although the drama do not have sub...i still download the RAW...n watch themmm
still it pretty hard to under stand... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

far most i like the most scene it the operation room, conducted by Dr. Asada Ryu taro..

lu_chan

Post by lu_chan » Jun 30th, '06, 16:33

indokid wrote:nah..i don't think that's the reason
i think it's because the medical terms and complicated surgical procedures in iryu is way hell hard to translate.. though im wondering how the guys at subpig managed to pull it off(respect)
so i guess this would remain unsubbed in english.. which is too bad for such a great series
iI could see that happening. If there is a lot of medical terms that are complicated to translate. It would be a royal pain in the bum, i am sure. But, ya neverr know...maybe someone will sub it. ANd, if they don't it means...someday soon I will be able to understand it, as my japanese progresses.

rickt

Post by rickt » Jun 30th, '06, 16:36

^ does that mean you'll be able to sub it then? :D j/k
indokid wrote:
rickt wrote:yes, too bad no one is subbing this drama.. :( it's such a good series and the ratings are not so bad either. I guess people prefer to sub series with eye candy rather than bloody surgery scenes.. (not that Ryu isn't an eye candy himself) :wub:

hmm yeah that's probably true. I was sort of comparing Iryu and Nurse Aoi since both are medical drama series, but N's Aoi was subbed within days while no one is subbing Iryu. I thought it's just not fair that N's Aoi got subbed when the story was quite predictable and a little boring IMO, while Iryu with a much better storyline doesn't get subbed at all. so then I assume Iryu is not subbed cos the lead actors & actresses are not just some teenage heartthrobe. but you're right, I guess the medical terms and jargons in Iryu are much more complicated than N's Aoi to translate into English. just wondering how those subbers manage to do it in Chinese... :unsure:

Gozen

Post by Gozen » Jun 30th, '06, 16:53

Unless we are expert medical people, we really wouldn't know if the translation was perfect or not, and I am pretty sure that even if we did have medical knowledge, we still wouldn't care if it was right or wrong. I just don't see that the medical terminology is such a big issue. You could tell me they were performing an emergency tracheotomy on someone with an ingrowing toenail, and I'd believe it! So I just don't buy that as a reason for not subbing it. I think that nobody in the subbing world is interested in it. That's about it. If they don't want to sub it, they don't have to, and won't. And we can't make them, because strictly speaking, we can't even ask them, nicely, to think about it. Them's the rules, folks!

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jun 30th, '06, 17:56

Gozen wrote:You could tell me they were performing an emergency tracheotomy on someone with an ingrowing toenail, and I'd believe it!
ah, so tracheotomy is the standard procedure for ingrown toenails. Now I know what to ask for when I have a ingrown toenail, thanks!! :P

Gozen

Post by Gozen » Jun 30th, '06, 18:08

I got all my medical knowledge from watching ER, you can rely on me! Athlete's foot, for example, is a well known digestive-tract problem. Oh yes, call me Nurse Gozen! No! Doctor Gozen, Medical Dragon!

lu_chan

Post by lu_chan » Jun 30th, '06, 20:56

Gozen wrote:Unless we are expert medical people, we really wouldn't know if the translation was perfect or not, and I am pretty sure that even if we did have medical knowledge, we still wouldn't care if it was right or wrong. I just don't see that the medical terminology is such a big issue. You could tell me they were performing an emergency tracheotomy on someone with an ingrowing toenail, and I'd believe it! So I just don't buy that as a reason for not subbing it. I think that nobody in the subbing world is interested in it. That's about it. If they don't want to sub it, they don't have to, and won't. And we can't make them, because strictly speaking, we can't even ask them, nicely, to think about it. Them's the rules, folks!
heh-heh. Though, i think if they DID feel that it was too much to have to figure out all the terminology, it may prove as a viable reason for them not to sub it. (i know I wouldn't , but. . ).

Also, maybe, even though everyone here loves the series so, it is not popular enought to generate interest in a subber to translate it?
though, it seems like most of the series (god, bad) get subbed.

dunno...

indokid

Post by indokid » Jul 1st, '06, 04:37

subpig finally released the chinese subbed final episode yesterday
wow.. just when i thought the story couldn't get any more exciting... it gets better at the final chapter :w00t:

shinhaku

Post by shinhaku » Jul 5th, '06, 17:22

only watched up to ep 2 subbed, but seems quite realistic, nice props i must say :D, way better than Nurse Aoi.

lu_chan

Post by lu_chan » Jul 6th, '06, 15:20

i personally thought the first ep was a little over-the-top and over-dramatic. Then, i watched the second ep, and it settled a bit more and looks like it will have a nice pace to it. have to finish watching the rest.

jayph

Post by jayph » Jul 6th, '06, 19:45

^^ same here, first ep seems a bit over dramatic, but it's getting better with each episode.. so now i'm hooked :wub:

indokid

Post by indokid » Jul 7th, '06, 11:19

it gets better and more exciting later on.. so keep watching
and do leave some positive comments on this drama if you enjoy it :mrgreen:

lu_chan

Post by lu_chan » Jul 8th, '06, 00:41

@inkoid: YOu are absolutely right....it DOES get better. I am soo glad that I did not judge it by the first episode. I just thought it was very "westernised", but was happy to see it really surprise me in the next episode and now the third one too!

It's definitely a good show. ^_____^

indokid

Post by indokid » Jul 8th, '06, 12:10

@lu-chan: the best part of the drama is yet to come

ppl seem to think that iryu is a boring serious medical drama...
well... although this drama is 99% on medical stuffs, no cute boys and girls either and with teppei resembling "harry potter/nerdy" look throughout the drama.. but the storyline is far from boring
the characters are very likable.. very inspirational story behind the medical stuffs, plus it has one of the best soundtracks for dramas
give it a chance and watch 1 or 2 episodes, maybe you'll like it

lu_chan

Post by lu_chan » Jul 8th, '06, 16:38

@indokid: heh-heh.. . you are right that teppei resembles the japanese "harry potter"
and, I , personally, think there are a few great looking actors/tresses in this series. Now that the subs are here, the nuansces of what i missed in the raws, are helping out. Kicks it up a notch.^______^

can't wait to finish the rest.

rickt

Post by rickt » Jul 17th, '06, 08:15

yeah it definitely has one of the best soundtracks in dramas. besides the ending credit song by AI, I love the one titled "Aesthetic". :wub:

just watched ep 8. the best surgeon and the best anaesthetist... wow, definitely my favourite episode so far! (although I'm sure ep 11 would be my favourite as well later on)

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jul 17th, '06, 09:58

After reading all the rave reviews, and seeing how Japanese viewers voted Iryu the most satisfying spring drama of 2006, I must definitely get down to watching this! :D

suedbee

Post by suedbee » Jul 18th, '06, 03:31

rickt wrote:yeah it definitely has one of the best soundtracks in dramas. besides the ending credit song by AI, I love the one titled "Aesthetic". :wub:

just watched ep 8. the best surgeon and the best anaesthetist... wow, definitely my favourite episode so far! (although I'm sure ep 11 would be my favourite as well later on)
i love Aesthetic too! and they use it at the perfect moments. i think it's the reason why i cried while watching episode 8 :cry: so embarassing, but that ep was just too good!

so... does anyone know who sang Aesthetic. been driving me nuts. :doh:

Yorugao~Moonflower

Post by Yorugao~Moonflower » Jul 18th, '06, 04:21

I was so surprised when I found out that Team Medical Dragon was made into a drama. I looooveed the manga and the drama didn't dissapoint either (I've stayed up all night watching this drama, because I just couldn't tear myself off the screen after watching ep. 2). And I have to say I certainly did not expect the casting would be so good! Sakaguchi Kenji surprised me a lot and so did Koikei Teppei :thumleft:
well... although this drama is 99% on medical stuffs, no cute boys and girls either and with teppei resembling "harry potter/nerdy" look throughout the drama.. but the storyline is far from boring
yeah, so it seems to be one of the main reasons why a lot of ppl still haven't given it a try, though me personally thinks that Sakaguchi Kenji is a very good looking man. :wub:.....but I agree the storyline and the pacing are very good.
i love Aesthetic too! and they use it at the perfect moments. i think it's the reason why i cried while watching episode 8 so embarassing, but that ep was just too good!
I agree with everything you said :-)

indokid

Post by indokid » Jul 18th, '06, 09:04

Aesthetic (Music:澤野弘之 Vocal:関山藍果)

Longing for you day and in dream
I'm hoping you are here and leading my way
You steers my road anytime I need
If you walk away, I will follow you

Trying my life
With your sacred gifts you gave to me
I won’t vain and succeed it as your precious soul
Holding your hand
And I'm walking through the all of the world
Carrying your wish like the Venus in the dim sky

suedbee

Post by suedbee » Jul 18th, '06, 16:25

indokid, would you mind romanizing the names of the composer and the singer? please? loaded it into my iPod and can't put in kanji. also, i'd like to be able to say their names. THANK YOU!!! :thumleft:

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jul 19th, '06, 00:53

The vocalist should be Sekiyama Aika, and the composer Sawano Hiroyuki.

suedbee

Post by suedbee » Jul 19th, '06, 03:01

^^THANK YOU!!! i can finally rest easy. :lol

sakura_rin

Post by sakura_rin » Jul 20th, '06, 16:57

I love this dorama.

suedbee

Post by suedbee » Jul 20th, '06, 23:53

just finished watching ep 10 (thank you madchuckles & his gf and indokid! you rock!), and i can't wait for the finale! go team dragon! :w000t:

some of the events in ep 10 were predictable but somehow i don't mind! it's like watching a sports movie, you already know how it's going to end but you can't help but be ashen when they're down and be absolutely EXCITED when the last goal is about to be made. woohoo! :cheers:

i still curse that darn song... at least i didn't tear up this time. 8)

adriansyc

Post by adriansyc » Jul 21st, '06, 17:41

this really a great drama i cant stop watching it after jz one episode :lol
i also cant wait to see what type of characteristic that Katou Aki is holding and now i really curious abt that :lol

another thing is i cant believe that Inamori Izumi have change that much :D coz the last drama that i watch her act is at beach boy(well well almost 10 years)she seen so old already :lol but she still quite attracting :D

Romance

Post by Romance » Jul 31st, '06, 01:07

Just finnished this wonderful drama, definately my favourite from the last season. definately burning this to save rewatch in the future :wub:

RePLaY

Post by RePLaY » Aug 16th, '06, 20:30

anyone knows where to download aesthetic the ending song?

rickt

Post by rickt » Aug 22nd, '06, 08:59

^ just download the whole OST from here and you'll find it in one of the tracks..

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Aug 22nd, '06, 12:48

The board really slept on this show. It's a great show, plus its based off a manga. I really think people here would like it more than they did.

indokid

Post by indokid » Aug 22nd, '06, 13:09

cos the show is boring.. it's all about batista, batista and more batista
just joking..

hmm.. maybe ppl here are more attracted to dramas with a "teenage" storyline with pretty idols, they think medical drama is no fun

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Aug 22nd, '06, 13:21

indokid wrote:cos the show is boring.. it's all about batista, batista and more batista
just joking..

hmm.. maybe ppl here are more attracted to dramas with a "teenage" storyline with pretty idols, they think medical drama is no fun
yes, its boring. plus the subs that are available are very substandard and poorly done. what is wrong with them? :lol jk...dont shoot me...

anybody read the manga? the characters look so much like it. except the nurse, remember the beginning scene? in the manga, that woman in the bed is the nurse!

indokid

Post by indokid » Aug 23rd, '06, 05:53

lol maybe that's true.. cos my subbing team (or is it just me?) prefer speed over quality perfect translations
anyways.. with regard to the iryu eng subs, i do realise somehow some lines translated end up getting longer/shorter for the given timing
so i went through each episode subs for the past hours and corrected & retranslated many lines, posted the new revised subs at the iryu sub thread, should be better now
actually i shoudl have done this sooner, but had school examinations hell for the past few weeks.. sorry for those who had burnt their avis/subs onto dvd/cd

blushyy

Post by blushyy » Aug 26th, '06, 04:37

I finally decided to download this drama. And you know what? Damn good decision I made! I am so addicted to it!

Far out, it's so good!

And Teppei is so adorable too. What a cute widdle doctor he is.

I think that they've selected the perfect cast to play the roles. Everything just seems so awesome. It's a really excellent drama, and I will give it a "Life-altering" rating. I'm glad this won first place in the 49th Drama Academy Awards. I know most people would probably say Kurosagi should've won or something, but I honestly feel that Iryu - Team Medical Dragon deserves the place... and by a far margin too. I've hardly skipped any scenes, and EVERY episode made me cry. I swear, my eyes are still completely red from all the crying, haha.

I recommend this to everyone. I feel so slow for only watching it yesterday/today. It's last season's drama, godammit. But still, I'm really happy I took the time to watch it. It really inspires me to do well in my major! Haha! Though I'm not aiming to be a surgeon or anything, but it really goes deep into the reality of what hospitals can be like and stuffs. I don't know, it's just so awesome. It's like my future life in one drama: Medical Science + Japanese (LOL that's the combined degree that I'm studying now at university).

Ahh, what a spectacular drama.

I'd like to show my appreciation to madchuckles & gf, indokid, serene, tianj, massaru, and chiisana_tantei. Thank you so much for giving me the chance to watch (and understand) such a brilliant drama! It's been a while I've been this satisfied with a drama, heh. Thanks.

yuji

Post by yuji » Aug 28th, '06, 07:35

I also just watched the drama 2 days ago and this is probably the best drama from last season.It is the last drama of last season I had watched and only watched it coz I had no more drama to watch, only to find out I had almost missed the one of my all time favourite drama. The background music and cast are almost perfect, the actions and atmosphere are all there. Recommended for all medical dramas lovers, it is one of the best out there :thumleft: .

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Aug 28th, '06, 13:19

indokid wrote:lol maybe that's true.. cos my subbing team (or is it just me?) prefer speed over quality perfect translations
anyways.. with regard to the iryu eng subs, i do realise somehow some lines translated end up getting longer/shorter for the given timing
so i went through each episode subs for the past hours and corrected & retranslated many lines, posted the new revised subs at the iryu sub thread, should be better now
actually i shoudl have done this sooner, but had school examinations hell for the past few weeks.. sorry for those who had burnt their avis/subs onto dvd/cd
No, sorry, thanks. i may do a new set for myself. Its a keeper! :salut:

indokid

Post by indokid » Aug 28th, '06, 13:47

^
whatever..
but i do wish ppl would stop complaining of translation errors and volunteer to correct them instead.. ok thanks bye :salut:

jica

Post by jica » Oct 28th, '06, 16:40

Hontouni arigatou for all your efforts, uploads and subs!! Who cares if the translation isn't 100% right or there's spelling mistakes, as long as you can understand the drama. I know subbing and translating are really time consuming, so can't understand why people keep whining....

At first this drama seems a bit like American hospital series, but after having watched more than half the drama I realize it's really in Japanese (manga) style (almost like watching an anime, though it's LA, so it's more scary ^^;;;). They're running towards a goal, collecting the members, getting to know each character one by one, fighting evil... But after watching this, I'm a bit scared of getting sick or injured in Japan.... Is it really this dark and corrupt? :crazy: (starting to wonder if it's the same in my country...)

*going back to watch* :roll

Rokawa

Post by Rokawa » Oct 28th, '06, 16:48

jica wrote:But after watching this, I'm a bit scared of getting sick or injured in Japan.... Is it really this dark and corrupt? :crazy: (starting to wonder if it's the same in my country...)

Maybe it's only in University Hospitals. *coughs coughs*

thtl

Post by thtl » Oct 28th, '06, 22:14

Rokawa wrote:
jica wrote:But after watching this, I'm a bit scared of getting sick or injured in Japan.... Is it really this dark and corrupt? :crazy: (starting to wonder if it's the same in my country...)

Maybe it's only in University Hospitals. *coughs coughs*
Japan is still preferable to a lot of places, such as China or even the US.

MaxMillion

Post by MaxMillion » Nov 1st, '06, 13:42

here, I found Iryu Direct Download link , hosted @ up-file

Episode 01 :
Download (up-file)
Episode 02 :
Download (up-file)
Episode 03 :
Download (up-file)
Episode 04 :
Download (up-file)
Episode 05 :
Download (up-file)
Episode 06 :
Download (up-file)
Episode 07 :
Download (up-file)
Episode 08 :
Download (up-file)
Episode 09 :
Download (up-file)
Episode 10 :
Download (up-file)
Episode 11 :
Download (up-file)\

and for tutorial
how to download from up-file.com

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Nov 18th, '06, 14:43

My Best Drama Ever!!

I didn't plan to watch this drama..coz I'm not so addicted to medical dramas but after reading that it won the award of best drama I've decided to watch it & I LOVED it from the 1st episode...

the cast was great as well the storyline and the directing..not to mention the Great OST :thumright: the drama focused on the all team members not only the head surgeon Asada..they all did a great job..I didn't' get bored at all while watching this...I liked also the character of the ER women...I liked her role...also the guy Arase, he was good in ep 8..one of the best episode *this episode made me cry*

the ending was Great for a Great series..glad that won the 3 awards..it definitely deserve it :thumright: :thumright: people shouldn't miss this show!!

I give it 10 out of 10

indokid

Post by indokid » Nov 19th, '06, 04:52

for those interested.. there is a continuation of TMD manga storyline post-drama version
its from volume 12 onwards and available here: http://www.rawmanga.com/tmd3.php

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Nov 19th, '06, 14:43

indokid wrote:for those interested.. there is a continuation of TMD manga storyline post-drama version
its from volume 12 onwards and available here: http://www.rawmanga.com/tmd3.php
Is it in english or japanese?

jica

Post by jica » Nov 19th, '06, 18:01

rawmanga? it does mean it's in Japanese?

indokid

Post by indokid » Nov 20th, '06, 04:58

jica wrote:rawmanga? it does mean it's in Japanese?
yep
it's in japanese.. as they say "manga is best uncooked"

Cassiopeia

Post by Cassiopeia » Mar 14th, '07, 04:42

I prefer these kind of drama. It's encouraging and no heavy love stories included. ^^

And then Asada. That Kenji is quite something. I won't mind the sequels ...... lol. Hopefully in 20 episodes so I can get a better look on Asada. LoL

But don't get me wrong. The drama itself is good, Asada is like the strawberry on top of the cake. And it is true that many doctors tend to save their own ass rather than do more humanities. Some even do the job for the pay, like Monji.

Was surprised seeing Monji too. In Tiger and Dragon he's so clumsy and annoying. But I changed my mind bout him.

Overall, this is a good drama. A must watch list.

Cassiopeia

Post by Cassiopeia » Mar 14th, '07, 16:07

From Wikipedia :

Ventricular reduction is a type of operation in cardiac surgery to reduce enlargement of the heart from cardiomyopathy or ischemic aneurysm formation.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ventricular_reduction

The Batista procedure was an experimental open-heart surgical technique that aimed to reverse the effects of remodeling in cases of end-stage dilated cardiomyopathy, which is refractory to conventional medical therapy. In spite of promising initial results, the method was soon found to be of little if any benefit, and it is no longer considered a recommended treatment for the disease.

The procedure involves removal of a portion of left ventricular free wall reducing the volume of the enlarged left ventricle towards normal. The patient had to be connected to a heart-lung machine during surgery to ensure adequate circulation while bypassing the heart.

Further reading: http://www.clevelandclinic.org/heartcen ... atista.htm

Taken from : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batista_procedure

gs56cb

Post by gs56cb » Mar 15th, '07, 05:56

rickt wrote:^ does that mean you'll be able to sub it then? :D j/k
indokid wrote:

hmm yeah that's probably true. I was sort of comparing Iryu and Nurse Aoi since both are medical drama series, but N's Aoi was subbed within days while no one is subbing Iryu. I thought it's just not fair that N's Aoi got subbed when the story was quite predictable and a little boring IMO, while Iryu with a much better storyline doesn't get subbed at all. so then I assume Iryu is not subbed cos the lead actors & actresses are not just some teenage heartthrobe. but you're right, I guess the medical terms and jargons in Iryu are much more complicated than N's Aoi to translate into English. just wondering how those subbers manage to do it in Chinese... :unsure:
huh , Iryu was subbed. I practically pasted the subs to the video and uploaded the video to youtube , until youtube removed them with their rules. I think masakun subbed it or dancestar24, dont remember.

gs56cb

love this drama from beginning to end

Post by gs56cb » Mar 15th, '07, 06:08

This isn't your typical love story drama. The new surgeon Asada (sorry if i get his name wrong) doesn't go out with the women surgeon, even though it seems like it's going to happen. Everyone naturally works as a team and no one sleeps with another person, which is good. The drama is definitely something to watch and it deserved all the awards it got. Someone said something about Kurosagi, are you serious, that drama sucked like crap. lol . All it was , was popular actors, but nothing like an Iryu lol. Anyways, this drama was really good. Life-changer for good. To the guy who said he was doing medical science with japanese (hot damn, that's bloody difficult). anyways, bye bye. :whistling:

thtlam

Post by thtlam » Mar 15th, '07, 06:19

I'm hearing so many great reviews about this drama so I'm going to dl it

fishy

Post by fishy » Mar 15th, '07, 06:37

it's definitely great, u'll enjoy

Cassiopeia

Post by Cassiopeia » Mar 15th, '07, 07:37

yup! I think I'll rewatch it again soon. Finished it yesterday, but wanna watch from the beginning again.

fishy

Post by fishy » Mar 15th, '07, 07:46

I even ask my cousin to watch it, she planning to enter medical course. I said it’s for her inspirations hahaha

airskape

Post by airskape » May 3rd, '07, 13:41

just finished this series
cant believe i missed it last year..anyway, im glad i finally managed to finish downloading the batch

this series is great! probably the best medical jdrama ive seen (although there arent many to begin with)
the cast is great, acting was quite good too!

would recommend it to anyone! it doesnt have a lot of 'bad' medical procedures, by that i mean 'guts' flying everywhere and stuff..the drama focuses on the cardiac surgery side which mainly deals with the heart so you will just see mostly heart stuff

i voted life altering..i was tempted to just vote "see it" but it was just a bit above a "see it" rating so life altering :D

strawberrylova79

Post by strawberrylova79 » Jul 25th, '07, 05:47

this was one of the best medical drama i've ever seen!!!
dont know y a lot of ppl over look it....
love how they actually show all that bloody stuff!!
dont get that many bloody scenes in other medical dramas..
tho i admit.. it was pretty gross when blood is shootin outta the heart...
Last edited by strawberrylova79 on Jul 25th, '07, 21:07, edited 1 time in total.

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Jul 25th, '07, 06:16

the subtitles in crunchyroll came from d-addicts, they were made by indokid and his team:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_36145.htm :glare:

i agree that Iryu is one of the best japanese medical drama! there are news of a second season this autumn.. i really hope this is true. :pray:

guitarz

Post by guitarz » Jul 25th, '07, 14:20

iryu 2? imo there shouldn't be a sequel or a brand new season to this drama
I highly doubt they could top season 1 storyline

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jul 25th, '07, 15:39

This drama actually makes the list for my top 3 J-dramas. It's brilliant! The acting is wonderful, the casting is perfect, and the story is very gripping. Everything about this drama is first class.

I'd certainly check it out if they did a second season. There's plenty of room to do one.

guitarz

Post by guitarz » Jul 27th, '07, 14:33

i just finished reading the manga version of iryu, which is out up to volume 13 now
the manga storyline seems pointless(and boring) after the 3rd batista (end of season 1 & vol 11 manga)
after that it's just small talks among the characters and minor operations here and there, doesn't have the excitement of season 1 batista storyline anymore

jazzmine101

Post by jazzmine101 » Jul 30th, '07, 01:56

AGREED!!! this is the first jdrama series that i ever downloaded because it's really life altering! 5 stars!!!

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Aug 6th, '07, 19:35

rickt wrote:yeah it definitely has one of the best soundtracks in dramas. besides the ending credit song by AI, I love the one titled "Aesthetic". :wub:

I loved episode 8 too. I really like the anaesthetist. :D
Is it just me, when he was counting down to seven (nana) I was thinking is he saying "nya nya".
Also noticed about 17 minutes into episode 9 when asking "why gathering us so formally?" (me hearing: "Nyan desu ka")
Is it some accent or my hearing. :lol

minuberry

Post by minuberry » Aug 6th, '07, 19:46

I have to say there were some miscast.. (Just because I started reading the series before watching it)
A bit different from the story from the managa (but no drama ever follows the actual storyline)
But other then that, it is really amazing drama and I wish it was longer!