[TwDrama] Hana Kimi (CTS/GTV, 2006)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
anglvue

Post by anglvue » Sep 19th, '06, 16:41

extremely excited about this drama but will probably have to wait a long while for this to come out with subs. this is the first manga i ever got hooked on cos my little cousin was reading it. can't wait! whoever gets to see it first has to give us the info on how the first ep is like.

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » Sep 22nd, '06, 18:24

hahaha..omg..Jiroo WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang! hahahaha.. ~ sheesh...been waiting for ages for a new drama of his..hahaha... dun realii like Wu Zun..or Ella..lol..but hey..guess she realii looks like a guy..hahaha..but im all in this for Jiro Wang..hahahah

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Sep 23rd, '06, 09:50

are there any raws torrents for this drama in d-addicts? what's the title? thanks. :)

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Sep 23rd, '06, 21:48

foxhana wrote:are there any raws torrents for this drama in d-addicts? what's the title? thanks. :)
this hasn't aired yet. :D

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Sep 25th, '06, 15:53

oh it hasnt? *blushes* but thanks. :)

Junfan21

Post by Junfan21 » Sep 26th, '06, 00:12

Yes!!! I love Hana Kimi!!! I'm still reading the manga, but it's soo good!!! I can't wait for the drama!!!

emrams

Post by emrams » Oct 4th, '06, 03:08

I don't really like Wu Zun very much, But I will probably check out this drama. I am kind of glad Ariel isn't playing Mizuki's role. Though I like her a lot, I didn't really like her role in Tokyo Juliet. But that might have been because of Wu Zun, because he was way too intense all of the time and wasn't a very good actor. I think Ariel would just be the typical person to cast as this character. I think Ella will do a cute job. But my highlite will be Jiro Wang because he is a sexy hotty. I am definately excited for him.

mallepa

Post by mallepa » Oct 12th, '06, 23:01

Can't wait to see this!! :D Hopefully it'll get subbed ^^;;
I love love love Jiro!! I'm still watching ISWAK, but I think he's such a great actor!!

ピコ&

Post by ピコ& » Oct 21st, '06, 06:09

I dunno, but I think this series is gonna air every Sunday starting on the 19th of next month (November, 19/11)

http://www.wild-vanilla.com/guidance.html

Go to the link at the top, then click 'Site manager's diary' and read the most recent post (but its in Japanese).

I'm not sure, my Japanese isn't good so I could be wrong >___< Can someone check the Hana Kimi drama official website?

bibiz

help me

Post by bibiz » Oct 23rd, '06, 03:08

why 花樣少年少女(hua yang shao nian shao nu) still dun have torrents to download de ar? can someone help me upload? plz? :D

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Re: help me

Post by habukie » Oct 23rd, '06, 04:15

bibiz wrote:why 花樣少年少女(hua yang shao nian shao nu) still dun have torrents to download de ar? can someone help me upload? plz? :D
please take a look at the list of chinese dramas first before starting a new thread next time. there already is a thread for this series, so i'll merge it. you probably would've read in there that it hasn't started airing yet. :D

LuNTwaRDinE

Post by LuNTwaRDinE » Nov 1st, '06, 16:05

Cant wait to watch this series. Love wuzun & jiro :wub:

NeNei

Post by NeNei » Nov 1st, '06, 20:15

I want to see it!!! :'( a lot of time waiting and finally is the "waiting air date"!!!
hahahha ><I
I really don't like Ella... but I wish the drama looks good :)!!!!!

Edit: Well, the air date is gonna be November 19th!!!!!!!! -> http://www.wild-vanilla.com/tv_drama_1.html

*w*!!!! I want to see jirooo (L)!!!!!!!

drahardjo

Post by drahardjo » Nov 2nd, '06, 03:10

november 19!!! YAY.. thanks.. i cant wait!!! theres JJ Lin as well too yippee

the_secret

Post by the_secret » Nov 4th, '06, 14:44

just saw the poster.. oh my gosh!! im soooo excited jiro wang is so kawaiiii!!!

Usagi_Mitsukino

Post by Usagi_Mitsukino » Nov 13th, '06, 08:31

OMG!!! I can't believe the 19th is very soon!!! XD I'm such a fan of the manga, and i came to a BIG disappointment with the ending, but a DRAMA will totally satisfy me!! The actors look soo alike, I can't wait for it!! :P

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Nov 18th, '06, 08:45

Wait when does the drama come out? Ooohh close. Well I cant wait but at the same time too scared as to how the actors fit their parts. :crazy: We will all just have to see huh. :scratch:

Keymaker

[TwDrama] Hua Yang Shao Nian Shao Nu (GTV, 2006)

Post by Keymaker » Nov 18th, '06, 15:29

[img][/img]
Premieres this Sunday at 9:30 PM. Who else will be checking it out?

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Nov 18th, '06, 15:56

there is a thread for Hana Kimi already. :-) merging...

Keymaker

Post by Keymaker » Nov 18th, '06, 16:03

Ah, thanks moderator. I didn't realize the thread was under the Japanese name.

I didn't actually know about this drama until half the buses in the city plastered advertisements for this drama. I guess I might check it out since I'll be done with finals that day. Anyone else plan on seeing it tomorrow/tonight?

On a side note, I'll be seeing it on GTV. What's CTS though?

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Nov 18th, '06, 20:35

Keymaker wrote:Ah, thanks moderator. I didn't realize the thread was under the Japanese name.

I didn't actually know about this drama until half the buses in the city plastered advertisements for this drama. I guess I might check it out since I'll be done with finals that day. Anyone else plan on seeing it tomorrow/tonight?

On a side note, I'll be seeing it on GTV. What's CTS though?
well even if you didn't know, you could've checked in the list of drama threads. it's name in pinyin is there as well. :-) but it's not a problem.

CTS is 華視. according to the Hana Kimi website at CTS, it is showing on CTS first (11/19 at 9:30) and then on GTV (11/25 at 9:00). i think a lot of people will be asking for the links tomorrow, but links usually don't get put up for a day at least. so those of us not in taiwan will just have to wait. :roll
Last edited by habukie on Nov 30th, '06, 06:42, edited 1 time in total.

Keymaker

Post by Keymaker » Nov 19th, '06, 15:20

Well, just got done watching Episode 1. Now for my thoughts on it.

I missed the first few minutes because I was engrossed in some comedic celebrity scavenger hunt variety show, but it didn't look like I missed too much. After seeing "Reaching for the Stars", I didn't really expect much from Ella Chen, because she didn't fit in with her bandmates (i.e., she sucked). Not having read the manga though, I can't really tell if Ella best fit the role as well. I do know this, and that I believe that of all the possible Taiwanese actresses that could pull off a tomboy, Ella was best casted as one. She does a much better job here in "Hua Yang" than her previous show. Some people might say that she overacted, but I think she did a great job in the show thus far. I can't seem to compare her to any Taiwanese shows I've seen off the top of my head, but she reminds me a lot of the main character of the Korean series "My Girl", and the lead of that series was awesome. Not bad.
The plot is very predictable when it comes to a girl trying to pass off as a guy. Besides Ella, there's three other significant characters. Two of them are her male classmates, one whom she crushes on and one whom becomes her friend, namely Crush and Friend for brevity. The scenes with Ella and Crush when they're alone are quite humorous as the situation gets awkwardly funnier as their time together passes. Ella and Friend, not so much. The Friend gets on my nerve sometimes probably because he tries too hard to play the part of a metro (I know he really isn't playing a metro, but it's easier to say he is). The other significant character is the Doctor. As there isn't really a stand-out bad guy in the series so far, he seems to take that role because he is trying to figure out what gender the main character is. The Crush's former high school female friend is introduced in the second half of the episode, and with how the plot's developing, I'm seeing a possible love triangle between Ella, Crush, and Friend, while there's an obvious future conflict with Ella and Crush's female friend.

I usually don't laugh out loud when watching Taiwanese serials, but this one had some pretty hilarious moments (especially the chase scene and the gender ambiguitous moments). Didn't seem to have any slow-down in the episode, so I hope the pacing continues in the next episode. I was so-so into this show before it started, but I'm a fan now. Looks to be a classic. Oh, my favorite character in the show thus far? The dog.
In conclusion, had they casted another Taiwanese actress in this series, it would have been just another generic drama with a short-haired actress this time. Based on first impressions thus far, I can't imagine anyone else playing the lead besides Ella.
Last edited by Keymaker on Nov 19th, '06, 23:59, edited 3 times in total.

kokakola

Post by kokakola » Nov 19th, '06, 16:14

watched the 1st episode..not bad~ the pace is quite fast.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Nov 19th, '06, 20:51

the first episode is up at Icefish and at YDY. :D

edit: and here. sweetsweet has uploaded the YDY torrent. :-)

dorkee

Post by dorkee » Nov 20th, '06, 01:00

I just finished watching it!
I really like the episode, really funny.

Nishikido

Post by Nishikido » Nov 20th, '06, 06:57

Is it Subbed???

ch3nny

Post by ch3nny » Nov 20th, '06, 07:16

awww all the good series are coming out when im abt to go overseas >.< aghhh

nadia2007

Post by nadia2007 » Nov 21st, '06, 07:35

I was wondering if there's any clubbox link with this serie? Thank you.

ch3nny

Post by ch3nny » Nov 21st, '06, 09:24

Hey guys now many eps are there to this? is it 16?

Ai Ming

Post by Ai Ming » Nov 21st, '06, 10:55

hmm, it is nice and funny. Can see that ella's acting is quite good. but still a bit disappointed. maybe because I have read the manga. Ella can not category as a cute girl who pretend to be a guy. Cause from the manga, everyone will think he is a cute guy so that sometime people will think that she might be a girl. But from the first episode, I only can see her as a tomboy girl but cannot really she that she has a women taste so that don't think there is a way people will assume that she will look cute as a girl. Cause she does not look like a girl a little bit.

from the manga, can show one evidence that she looks girly even in boy's uniform.
there is a time, where she needs to wear girls clothes eg dress to meet his brother who come from america, this shows that the main girl should be tomboy but still can see that she has a girl's attraction.
another example is from the 1st ep at the beginning, ella wears wig to make her hair looks like girls but really not suitable for her. It makes her become more like guy who likes to pretend to be a girl.

Overall, this movie is nice but the main actress character isn't suitable for ella even though her acting is not bad.Her face is more looks like a guy (sorry for ella's fans). It's not that I don't like S.H.E. For Fahrenheit, they are getting better.

Ai Ming

Post by Ai Ming » Nov 21st, '06, 11:01

If you think the movie is funny, maybe you should read the manga first. I think the manga is better than the movie itself. Maybe it's because I am a bit disappointed after watching the movie cause my imagination of the movie isn't the same as what I got from the comic. how to say, I feel down after watching the movie. 3 things that maybe make me will watch the movie maybe because of the guy characters, the story line come from the manga, and the last maybe I fell bored cause on holiday so got nothing to do.

ibm2005

Post by ibm2005 » Nov 21st, '06, 19:59

hey ai ming, you are whinning a lot. If you don't like to watching it, so stop. nobody can't take this role so outstanding beside ella.

&#12500;&#12467;&

Post by &#12500;&#12467;& » Nov 21st, '06, 23:19

Ai Ming wrote:If you think the movie is funny, maybe you should read the manga first. I think the manga is better than the movie itself. Maybe it's because I am a bit disappointed after watching the movie cause my imagination of the movie isn't the same as what I got from the comic. how to say, I feel down after watching the movie. 3 things that maybe make me will watch the movie maybe because of the guy characters, the story line come from the manga, and the last maybe I fell bored cause on holiday so got nothing to do.
Just a little note: Its not a movie, but a drama series
:D

I was skeptical at first when I heard about it being adapted into a Taiwanese drama series, and strongly disapproved of Ella being Mizuki.

But I changed my mind. I really like it, and felt Ella suited the role in her own way. After watching the first episode, I thought it was quite funny. To me, it is easier to laugh at a scene with moving characters/people rather than a drawing.

Ella is cute in her own way and the drama is an adaption of the manga. It does not have to be the same.

What would you have preferred? A girl that looks too cute to be a guy which is not convincing to play as Mizuki or a girl that actually looks like a guy and can act.
Mizuki doesn't come off as a tomboy from my point of view (she doesn't play alot of sports, she doesn't hang with guys only, does she? The fact she looks like a boy makes it more convincing)

Its only the first episode, so just keep watching and see if you like it. If you dont. Just dont watch it. Its already created, and alot of fans enjoy it, so it can't be helped if you keep complaining about it, because whats done is done.
:D

Keymaker

Post by Keymaker » Nov 22nd, '06, 00:31

I was a bit confused awhile about the common occurrence of people calling TV shows such as drama series as movies, but in some parts of the world, that's what people seem to call it. I know in Taiwan especially, they tend to call these kinds of shows as movies. One reason is that some were taught that it was called movies. Another reason is that when translated these types of shows from Chinese to English, it can be translated as movies. I stopped correcting my Taiwanese friends about this after awhile since it's easier to just say movies than drama series, soap operas, TV shows, etc.

And yes, I agree that the series should be treated in a different light because it's a live-action interpretation of its source material. I can't imagine myself laughing at a manga, but I was able to enjoy watching the series with friends and laughing with them. You can't exactly read a manga in a group too well, haha.

Good points brought up.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Nov 22nd, '06, 04:25

^^all too true. i have noticed that the people who tend to call drama series a "movie" tend to be from asia, but it's not always the case. however, we always want to avoid the word movie, as that sets off the sensitivity sensors around here. :-) so please, do encourage people from the forum to say "drama" or "series" or even "lian xu ju" instead of "movie" :D

as for the series, there are bound to be people who've read the manga and don't like the adaptation. it's the same for all the other dramas adapted from mangas/manhwas as well...

i haven't read the manga before, so i have no preconceived notions coming into this series. my main beef with the series isn't that ella is the main actress. it's the over-acting by most of the main characters. i do realize that it's in some part related to the fact that this is an adaptation from a manga, so don't start flaming just yet. i hated the over-acting by rainie in DBY at first as well, but then i loved the series. so that's why i haven't written this series off yet. and it does have its funny moments. so i'll see what the next episode has to offer. :-) plus that dog is too cute.

p.s. i couldn't stand that friend in the first scene. and i understand she might be back later? argh. her acting is bad, and not only does she speak chinese with an accent, but her english is also heavily accented. and she's supposed to be american? :roll

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Nov 22nd, '06, 13:23

i enjoyed the first episode, there was abit of over-acting but Ella managed to pull it off.. she's quite a natural with her quirky expressions.:lol
whereas for raine in DBY, i thought she was trying too hard and her expressions were way too exaggerated :P
i'm not a fan of wu zhun but i hope he will grow on me..
heard that JJ Lin is Ella's big brother in this drama.. will the other members of SHE be appearing as well?

habukie: agree that the dog is super cute..it resembles a white lion...it's HUGE.. i've been wondering what breed is it?

oh, and i found the "american" friend bit ridiculous too haha..i couldn't place the accent..

Keymaker

Post by Keymaker » Nov 22nd, '06, 14:41

Ah crap, I must have missed more of the show than I thought, since I didn't even see that scene with the American friend. I started seeing it as soon as she was running up the stairs at school before classes started. Stupid Taiwanese variety shows distracting me from missing the beginning of "Hua Yang"... I guess I better download it to see what I missed.

Does anyone know how the subs are coming long to the first episode? Seems like the discussion might not pick up until then.
Last edited by Keymaker on Nov 22nd, '06, 15:59, edited 1 time in total.

ch3nny

Post by ch3nny » Nov 22nd, '06, 15:18

OMG EPISODE ONE WAS SOOO GOOD!!! wu zun looks beta here then in tokyo juliet hahaha!!! cant wait for episode 2 to come out~!!!

Yul

Post by Yul » Nov 22nd, '06, 16:52

WWWWhen will the subtitle will be out????????? I watch the 1st ep,eventhough the manga is way faaaar much better......I can't wait to watch with the subtitle X)
I noctice the 1st ep was subtitle in Jap or chinese.....what group that did this fast subbing????

Tanpoporin

Post by Tanpoporin » Nov 22nd, '06, 19:12

Where can I get the opening theme song?? It is so cute!!

Keymaker

Post by Keymaker » Nov 23rd, '06, 00:45

Yul wrote:WWWWhen will the subtitle will be out????????? I watch the 1st ep,eventhough the manga is way faaaar much better......I can't wait to watch with the subtitle X)
I noctice the 1st ep was subtitle in Jap or chinese.....what group that did this fast subbing????
All Taiwanese dramas are already broadcasted with Chinese subtitles when they first air in Taiwan.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Nov 23rd, '06, 00:52

@furelise: actually, i really meant over-acting by other people, namely jiro and that doctor guy (oh, and that dormitory RA person...not really sure how it translates into english). i actually thought ella was pretty good. the role suits her, since she naturally has a deeper voice and she kinda does look like a boy. her expressions weren't too bad. yup, JJ Lin will be her brother. think that'll be interesting to see how well he acts. as for the dog, i really do wonder at the breed, since it's larger than retreivers, but looks smaller than a sheepdog. wonder if it's a mutt. :D

oh, that "american" friend, yeah, you could tell that she was just trying to say her lines at the right time. it seemed like she couldn't even act at all. couldn't quite place her accent. think it might be from one of the european countries...

@Keymaker: you probably didn't miss that much. the scene with the friend was before the opening credits, and just explained why she was going to enter that school.

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Nov 23rd, '06, 12:34

habukie wrote:@furelise: actually, i really meant over-acting by other people, namely jiro and that doctor guy (oh, and that dormitory RA person...not really sure how it translates into english). i actually thought ella was pretty good. the role suits her, since she naturally has a deeper voice and she kinda does look like a boy. her expressions weren't too bad. yup, JJ Lin will be her brother. think that'll be interesting to see how well he acts. as for the dog, i really do wonder at the breed, since it's larger than retreivers, but looks smaller than a sheepdog. wonder if it's a mutt. :D

oh, that "american" friend, yeah, you could tell that she was just trying to say her lines at the right time. it seemed like she couldn't even act at all. couldn't quite place her accent. think it might be from one of the european countries...
Ic, sorry i must have misinterpreted :lol yeah, agree with you that the role suits Ella.. the androgynous doctor kinda creeps me out... u know how joe cheng had a somewhat similar character in "The Rose" and he could pull it off.. but not this guy... he turns me off with his acting lol...
jiro was alrite..he's pretty natural in front of the camera but i guess the role requires him to exaggerate for comic effect... however i felt wu zhun's acting was kinda stiff.. maybe he just needs a lil more practice :D
i have high hopes for this drama cuz lately it seems there hasn't been any drama that catches my eye.. :-(

Kim_liOn

Post by Kim_liOn » Nov 23rd, '06, 15:05

LOL I was in total shock when I start to watch the 1st episode. Almost fell of chair. *sweat* Because recently the manga that I read is Hana Kimi and I didn't realize it's chinese name at all. I just read the manga half way. Right now reading volume 17. LOL Can't believe that I got to watch the drama while I was so in love with the manga. Double the happiness.

Honestly when I first see the character, I really think Ella, Jiro and Wu Jun really match the characters. Totally match! Jiro suits to be Nakatsu a lot! And Ella too. Wu Jun the cool type also suit to be Sano, although I think manga Sano looks more handsome. LOL What disappiont me is Namba. I thought Yu Zhe will be acting Taiki (Nakatsu's roommate) because he is the silent type and also his hair look so much like Taiki, plus manga Taiki look so handsome too. In my opinion, Namba should be act by someone who looks more playboy than the silent type Yu Zhe. But no matter what character Yu Zhe take, I still love him. :wub: My favourite.

OH! And I love the 1st episode. I know it's a bit different from manga but that is what a drama is all about right? It's hard to follow fully to the manga. So I'm prefectly statisfy with it. Just when I thought I was out of nice drama... there comes HanaKimi. :lol Love it!

Keymaker

Post by Keymaker » Nov 23rd, '06, 15:09

furelise wrote:the androgynous doctor kinda creeps me out...
Oh, whew. I thought I was the only one who thought that. It was definitely a WTF moment for me, haha.

On a side note, which language did you all read the manga in?

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Nov 23rd, '06, 16:54

furelise wrote:Ic, sorry i must have misinterpreted :lol yeah, agree with you that the role suits Ella.. the androgynous doctor kinda creeps me out... u know how joe cheng had a somewhat similar character in "The Rose" and he could pull it off.. but not this guy... he turns me off with his acting lol...
jiro was alrite..he's pretty natural in front of the camera but i guess the role requires him to exaggerate for comic effect... however i felt wu zhun's acting was kinda stiff.. maybe he just needs a lil more practice :D
i have high hopes for this drama cuz lately it seems there hasn't been any drama that catches my eye.. :-(
yeah, that's exactly what i think about that doctor. i think he's exaggerating it for effect, but it's kinda creepy. btw, do you know if it's actually wu zhun's voice or is it being dubbed again?

as for other dramas, i like rock paper scissors, but it seems i'm the only one watching. :-)

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Nov 24th, '06, 13:41

Keymaker wrote:
furelise wrote:the androgynous doctor kinda creeps me out...
Oh, whew. I thought I was the only one who thought that. It was definitely a WTF moment for me, haha.

On a side note, which language did you all read the manga in?
haha yeah guess we all pretty much agree on the doctor :mrgreen: his name sounds familiar though... Tang Zhi Ping. Did he use to sing or act?
as for the manga, i've not read it before so i'm going into this drama without any preconceptions...
i'm looking forward to JJ Lin's appearance too, it would be interesting to see how he acts..

habukie: yup it's wu zhun's voice. i recognise his voice cuz i've seen him on Taiwanese game shows... i think he isn't too proficient in mandarin yet and he has a slight accent..

i've not seen rock paper scissors. i should probably check it out.. keeping my eyes peeled for good dramas :-)

ch3nny

Post by ch3nny » Nov 24th, '06, 15:24

that greepy doctor he did look familar........isnt he the guy from italy or sumthing that was afta ariel in tokyo juliet? O.o

qtbeautygirl

Post by qtbeautygirl » Nov 24th, '06, 15:49

I have just seen the first episode and I'm happy how it turned out!!!!!! I'm a fan of Ella ever since I've seen her act in "The Rose". I was very impressed by her acting skills and I know in this drama she can pull it off. This is my first time seeing the other two male leads and since I have read the manga before, I could say Jiro really matches his role, the friendly, outgoing kind of guy,while the guy playing Sano, he's doing okay with his eye movements and expression the only thing that was lacking is in the beginning where he supposed to come off as snobby with an air of "Dont bother me". Mind you I have watched the drama without subtitles, so I'm just trying to understand by movements and expressions. My only complaint is the dormitory head guy, he comes off as someone gayish to me, not a playboy. They'd stayed true to the manga so far, and looking forward in watching the upcoming episodes!!!!!

Here are my favorite highlights:

1. Jiro and Ella in the bathroom!! That was funny! As well as how if your good buddies you kind backhand slap your buddies to your chest and he did that to Ella! Ack! her Boobies!!!

2. I'm amazed as how boyish she looked this time, I meant NO CHEST! Where as comparing it to the rose, it's obvious she got something to show.

3. Jiro getting electrified by ella's womanly touch!!! That was hilarious!!!

4. Ella's priceless expressions, specially when running away from the other students! HAR HAR HAR!
I cant wait for the next episode!!!!

kukiemonster

Post by kukiemonster » Nov 24th, '06, 18:45

i was laughing so hard watching this, although i dun understand what were they talking abt...nice drama... :D

Miaka FY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Miaka FY » Nov 24th, '06, 22:27

really like S.H.E with Selina, Hebe and Ella
and i know Hanazakari no kimi tachi e well the manga so when i know it's coming in drama i was really happy

happy they choose Jiro for Nakatsu and Wu Zun for Sano

when i know it's Ella who do Mitsuki ..i was perplexe because i dunno if she going act well Mitsuki ..
now NO PROBLEM ..SHE PERFECT!!!

the perfect actor is Jiro who do Nakatsu ..impossible to find another person for this role

only him can do it!!!

Wu Zun with his new hair ..lovely cute guy :wub:

Jiro and Wu Zun ..i cannot choose who i like more ..but i know the ending as well for the drama and manga

did someone watch the PV theme for Hanazakari no kimi tachi e ?

Who said Ella not girlish ...now you can see she really sexy o.o 8)

humm did someone have the pv ? because i want this pv :-)

ch3nny

Post by ch3nny » Nov 25th, '06, 15:28

thats a cute mv!!! there are some scenes where ella looks so cute!!!

fahrenheit23

Post by fahrenheit23 » Nov 25th, '06, 16:38

i can't wait for this drama! I just saw the first episode on youtube...it's really good...and i love wu zun!!! :D I really lik the theme song zen me ban...:)

ngocdung2111

Post by ngocdung2111 » Nov 25th, '06, 17:24

I just the first eps and it was so funny and good. I hope they do the sub soon. Wu zun look so much better with that hair do. He used to look ugly in Tokyo Juliet. but he look great in Hana Kimi. Can't wait someone to sub it. :P

happy3nding

HANA KIMI DRAMA rocks!!~~!!

Post by happy3nding » Nov 25th, '06, 17:47

:cheers: Hoorrayy!! the new drma base on hana kimi is sooo good! the guys are hott...except for the docter! i hate him!! i wish they chose someone diff. for that role...in my personal opinion, some people might like him, i understand..he is 'okay' looking you noe?
:P anyways i watched hana kimi on youtube and it was great, too bad they dont have episode 2 :cry: [/img]

sheila

Post by sheila » Nov 25th, '06, 18:22

qtbeautygirl wrote:I have just seen the first episode and I'm happy how it turned out!!!!!! I'm a fan of Ella ever since I've seen her act in "The Rose". I was very impressed by her acting skills and I know in this drama she can pull it off.
Same here. I've watched the Rose so many times. Based on the last few episodes of the Rose, especially the wedding scene, I was sure Ella would not have any problems handling the girlish parts in Hana Kimi.

sheila

Post by sheila » Nov 25th, '06, 18:22

qtbeautygirl wrote:I have just seen the first episode and I'm happy how it turned out!!!!!! I'm a fan of Ella ever since I've seen her act in "The Rose". I was very impressed by her acting skills and I know in this drama she can pull it off.
Same here. I've watched the Rose so many times. Based on the last few episodes of the Rose, especially the wedding scene, I was sure Ella would not have any problems handling the girlish parts in Hana Kimi.

happy3nding

Post by happy3nding » Nov 25th, '06, 18:35

ngocdung2111 wrote:I just the first eps and it was so funny and good. I hope they do the sub soon. Wu zun look so much better with that hair do. He used to look ugly in Tokyo Juliet. but he look great in Hana Kimi. Can't wait someone to sub it. :P
i agree with you, wu zum looks waaay better in hana kimi

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Nov 25th, '06, 20:19

furelise wrote:haha yeah guess we all pretty much agree on the doctor :mrgreen: his name sounds familiar though... Tang Zhi Ping. Did he use to sing or act?
as for the manga, i've not read it before so i'm going into this drama without any preconceptions...
i'm looking forward to JJ Lin's appearance too, it would be interesting to see how he acts..

habukie: yup it's wu zhun's voice. i recognise his voice cuz i've seen him on Taiwanese game shows... i think he isn't too proficient in mandarin yet and he has a slight accent..

i've not seen rock paper scissors. i should probably check it out.. keeping my eyes peeled for good dramas :-)
i think he was in Say Yes Enterprise. he does look familiar. yup, herehe is...

is it his voice? i guess i'll watch it again. i didn't think his accent was too bad. definitely not as bad as some others who aren't native speakers.

ah_pod

Post by ah_pod » Nov 25th, '06, 20:51

the doctor played Ai Li Ou in tokyo Juliet and Chen Kuan in The Hospital

Keymaker

Re: HANA KIMI DRAMA rocks!!~~!!

Post by Keymaker » Nov 26th, '06, 00:07

happy3nding wrote::P anyways i watched hana kimi on youtube and it was great, too bad they dont have episode 2 :cry:
Well, I'd be very surprised if they did, since episode 2 won't air until later today, haha.

On a side note, finally got a glimpse of the manga while visiting my favorite internet cafes. I can see why people love this series after a quick glance. Anyway, a quick comparison for those whom haven't read the manga yet. You be the judge:

[img]http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/4638/tempck9.jpg[/img]

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Nov 26th, '06, 04:29

Ella looks really cute in the MV for the theme song :lol

habukie: yeah his accent isn't that bad... just barely discernible... however sometimes when he's reading his lines he sounds like he is trying hard to get his pronunciation right..
i do agree with some others that he looks much better here than in Tokyo Juliet..

Keymaker: wow from the pic, i would say ella looks perfect for the role. ep 2 will probably be out on icefish by tomorrow? can't wait! :lol

Keymaker

Post by Keymaker » Nov 26th, '06, 15:08

I missed seeing it air on GTV last night since I was still out with some friends on the other side of town. I did get to catch the re-broadcast on CTS tonight though, so here's my two cents about it:

* After the fast pacing of the first ep, the second ep didn't progress much in the plot.
* With the lack of progress in the plot, it was mostly filler that consisted with character interactions (which isn't a bad thing).
* The bathroom scene made me ROFL.
* Jiro's issues about his sexuality never gets old.
* Wu Zun pisses me off because he's forcing me to go to the gym...that ass.
* Next week's episode looks like a big jump in the plot.

rickt

Post by rickt » Nov 26th, '06, 15:45

hmm interesting comments.. looks like I'll have a go on the drama as well then, being a fan of the manga myself! hopefully it won't disappoint.. :)

Eliza

Post by Eliza » Nov 27th, '06, 21:14

Oh, this drama is really good ^__^
This is first Taiwan drama I watch, so I have high expectations^^
And one of those boys s cute,ne^^

HarmonySoo

Deperate for torrent

Post by HarmonySoo » Nov 28th, '06, 01:55

I have been searching all the chinese sites all day yesterday and I am still not able to find the torrent for episode 2 anywhere.
I cannot read chinese so I basically cut and paste the title and crossed my fingers.

Anyone know a site that i can download the second ep?

HarmonySoo

Ep 2 torrent is up~

Post by HarmonySoo » Nov 28th, '06, 02:27

SweetSweet has placed the torrent link for ep 2
Thank you.

scadoodle624

Post by scadoodle624 » Nov 28th, '06, 03:46

OMG the episodes are already out...i wanted to start watching it but there are no subs...but i really want to watch it...the story seems to be good and if you watch the trailers...its really funny and JIRO is just so cute...can someone update me on this...if they know a place where i can watch or download this series with english subtitles....thanks CAN'T WAIT!!!!

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Nov 28th, '06, 14:51

Keymaker wrote: * The bathroom scene made me ROFL.
Totally agree. Ella was hilarious in the bathroom scene LMAO :lol
Ep 2 came out late on icefish/ydy yesterday... just finished watchin it and Jiro was adorable!! i like his character here so much better than in ISWAK :D
oh, and never knew Wu Zhun was so BUFF... can't quite tell from his face... i think they made the right choice for the viewership ratings by making him take his shirt off :mrgreen:
overall, ep 2 did not disappoint...it is funny and has its touching moments as well :thumleft:
can't wait for ep 3! it looks very interesting.. seems like things r gonna escalate abit :mrgreen:

just though i'd post some pictures of the cast with the dog... look at the size of its head!
Attachments
1386790682.jpg
1386790682.jpg (25.61 KiB) Viewed 5038 times
get163.asp.jpg
get163.asp.jpg (165.58 KiB) Viewed 5038 times
1890331081.jpg
1890331081.jpg (192.49 KiB) Viewed 5038 times

aznstarlu

Post by aznstarlu » Nov 29th, '06, 04:05

haha this show was good, when i first heard ELLA sing. she was REALLY gOOOD . i love her voice. =)

oh does anyone know if there is someone that are subbing these? (sorry if this was ever mention O_O)

AhiRu

Post by AhiRu » Nov 30th, '06, 04:22

i love this drama... thank god that cable provider in my country carries taiwan channels. ;)

love the songs too.. specailly 專屬天使 by Tank... wondering when will be the ost available, any idea? ;)

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Nov 30th, '06, 04:40

I waited so long for this show, how could I forget about it? :O I must watch it!

nikichiam

Post by nikichiam » Nov 30th, '06, 06:30

Maybe you guys already wrote the time of this show will shows on cts but i still need to ask again, what's it's time on cts?

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Nov 30th, '06, 06:45

AhiRu wrote:i love this drama... thank god that cable provider in my country carries taiwan channels. ;)

love the songs too.. specailly 專屬天使 by Tank... wondering when will be the ost available, any idea? ;)
you can find release info here.
nikichiam wrote:Maybe you guys already wrote the time of this show will shows on cts but i still need to ask again, what's it's time on cts?
here's my original post. you can also find the info in the wiki.

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Nov 30th, '06, 10:56

aznstarlu wrote:oh does anyone know if there is someone that are subbing these? (sorry if this was ever mention O_O)
Someone is subbing it on YouTube... If that's any help. ^^

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 621C9AB58B