[Discussion] Nodame Cantabile and also its SP in Europe

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » Nov 27th, '06, 06:40

littledraci wrote:at AZN TV? found there nothing yesterday :scratch: ... have to look for it again..
IT's still airing, isn't it?
It airs only on Sundays. For my time zone, it airs at 6PM. Right now it's 8:42PM.

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Nov 27th, '06, 06:43

well,thanks. :lol ....* I wish it would be 6 or 8 pm here... it's nearly 8 am here :cry: *

animefan22

Post by animefan22 » Nov 28th, '06, 07:28

Hmm..I checked the listings for AZN on sunday here in hawaii, and I couldn't find the show for the entire day..

About why it has no subtitles. Apparently, FujiTV the network that runs and owns the rights to Nodame has this really stupid policy that doesn't allow any of its series to be subbed into English. Something about the programming is meant to be for Japanese audiences only or something..

Still, it really pisses me off. Because up until a few years ago, they actually used to sub these drama's, but then they just stopped allowing it at some point. It's almost like they don't want their drama's to get popular with American or other language-speaking audiences outside of Japan. But why? I mean, they could make so much more money if they sold these series with subs like Korean companies do! :scratch: Plus Japanese entertainment and culture could become more popular.

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » Nov 28th, '06, 07:33

animefan22 wrote:Hmm..I checked the listings for AZN on sunday here in hawaii, and I couldn't find the show for the entire day..
That's weird. It is AZN TV channel 118 on the Oceanic Digital Cable right? :scratch: It's definitely listed at 6PM this past Sunday. Before that it was showing Dr. Koto's Clinic and after Nodame was some film called Returner. Maybe it's only a one-time thing?

I don't see why they bother showing non-subbed shows if it's the "network for Asian Americans." :whistling: Back to the fansubs for me.

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Nov 28th, '06, 07:33

animefan22 wrote:Hmm..I checked the listings for AZN on sunday here in hawaii, and I couldn't find the show for the entire day..
me too :cry: :scratch:

About why it has no subtitles. Apparently, FujiTV the network that runs and owns the rights to Nodame has this really stupid policy that doesn't allow any of its series to be subbed into English. Something about the programming is meant to be for Japanese audiences only or something..

Still, it really pisses me off. Because up until a few years ago, they actually used to sub these drama's, but then they just stopped allowing it at some point. It's almost like they don't want their drama's to get popular with American or other language-speaking audiences outside of Japan. But why? I mean, they could make so much more money if they sold these series with subs like Korean companies do! :scratch: Plus Japanese entertainment and culture could become more popular.
Especially, if the topic is *next to Nodame and Chiaki :mrgreen: * about classical music from europe.. :scratch:

animefan22

Post by animefan22 » Nov 28th, '06, 08:38

I totally agree, this show is one of the more universal one's.

I think anyone who's a music-lover or enjoys classical music can enjoy this series.

Or even anime fans, as it's a very enjoyable, anime-ish drama.

I don't see why they bother showing non-subbed shows if it's the "network for Asian Americans." Back to the fansubs for me.
I know. I wasn't really planning on following it on AZN, but I was just hoping that they would somehow be able to subtitle it so other's could watch it. Though it would've been awesome to see it on tv if it was subbed.

Ok..I just realized, I was looking at the listings for ImaginAsian TV on 546 rather than AZN... :roll

Still sucks though!

Corona

Post by Corona » Nov 28th, '06, 13:19

For some reason the western men that speak german..they sound Dutch to me :blink

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Nov 28th, '06, 13:51

do you mean stresemann? :blink

off topic: very nice avatar, corona :shocked: :wub:

Corona

Post by Corona » Nov 28th, '06, 13:59

No I mean the "goons" that accompany the secretary (manager?) of Streseman :) The german in general is pretty weird, I don't know what it sounds like to you?

Thanks! I thought why show only his face when you can scroll down for the rest! :sweat:

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Nov 28th, '06, 14:27

Mmmhh... they weren't in the second ep????? :unsure: Can't remember them and only saw ep. 1&2 til now....

off topic: *again*--> change my wallpaper back to Vic with this look :whistling:

Corona

Post by Corona » Nov 28th, '06, 21:45

Ah no, it was in the 6th ep :)

I wonder how the real piano skills are of the actors

animefan22

Post by animefan22 » Nov 29th, '06, 07:49

hmm, I think Ueno Juri played piano since she was in elementary or something.

She certainly looks convincing. She has all the movements and swaying down. When musicians get really into it their whole body starts to move with the music, and many of them close their eyes, which is exactly what she does in the show.

Not sure about Tamaki, but his conducting is really well done. And I think he was pretty good in that first violin scene.

thtl

Post by thtl » Nov 29th, '06, 08:03

animefan22 wrote:hmm, I think Ueno Juri played piano since she was in elementary or something.
She played the piano from kindergarten up until she went to middle school (I guess at the age of 12).
She certainly looks convincing. She has all the movements and swaying down. When musicians get really into it their whole body starts to move with the music, and many of them close their eyes, which is exactly what she does in the show.
Ms. Ueno was given intensive training not only to learn the pieces, but to learn the body language as well. She also worked very hard 'imitating' Nodame's style as seen in the manga.
Not sure about Tamaki, but his conducting is really well done. And I think he was pretty good in that first violin scene.
He was also given strenuous training by one of the top conductors in Japan.

kidmigz
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kidmigz » Nov 29th, '06, 09:12

The SP that's included in the ep1 torrent shows some of their training, by the way.

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Nov 30th, '06, 16:12

ranmasama

Post by ranmasama » Nov 30th, '06, 22:20

I want one of those muppets! :w00t: This and the ones that are in Densha Otoko as well

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Dec 1st, '06, 01:51

mcleen wrote:
donna8157 wrote:Is the manga readily available for download on the internet? If so, is it translated? And can anyone provide a link?
annyeong donna ssi , you can try to download this manga using the link given below , but unfortunately it only has up to vol 4 ch 19 .

http://savefile.com/projects/1034317

credits to strawberryvanilla forum
Thanks for the link and thanks to everyone else who had replied. This series is so addictive, I can't wait to find out what happens next.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Dec 1st, '06, 06:33

Etou-sensei's dance exercise in Ep7 was hilarious! :D And the way Nodame behaved after she brought food for Chiaki and the orchestra members.

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Dec 1st, '06, 06:52

raven_frost wrote:Etou-sensei's dance exercise in Ep7 was hilarious! :D And the way Nodame behaved after she brought food for Chiaki and the orchestra members.
:hissy: damn time diffrence .. want to see this too :cry: but everytime when I'm at home there are not many ul around anymore :cry: til now not done with ep. 3-7 :cry:

*why didn't I dl the extra and only ep. 1 ??? :blink *

wow, I'm impressed they play the instruments themself... well, :scratch: at least I'm impressed by almost everyone who can play an instrument well...*I'm not patient enough for it*

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Dec 1st, '06, 08:30

Correct me if I'm mistaken... but I believe that Eto-sensei is played by the only actor I could bear to see on screen in Densha Otoko.

thtl

Post by thtl » Dec 1st, '06, 08:50

Mwulf wrote:Correct me if I'm mistaken... but I believe that Eto-sensei is played by the only actor I could bear to see on screen in Densha Otoko.
Toyohara Kosuke indeed appeared as Sakurai Kazuya in "Densha Otoko". Whether he is the only actor worth watching in that drama is a matter of personal preference - personally I'd prefer Sonim as Tiffany (in the specials).

KaDeBee

Post by KaDeBee » Dec 1st, '06, 16:46

Nodame and Chiaki will be the Bistro SMAP guests next Monday (Dec 4, 2006) ... wonder what they'll order .. :whistling:

[img]http://img286.imageshack.us/img286/4908 ... kw9.th.png[/img]

James_yka

Post by James_yka » Dec 1st, '06, 17:27

Hope there would be Raw or subbed available...

sema608

Post by sema608 » Dec 3rd, '06, 23:30

Hi, I'm new! I FINALLY figured out what the name of this drama is and I've been searching and searching for subtitles, downloads, and recaps. I'm glad I found this place. My brother and I got hooked on Ep3. We were watching "The Infamous Chill Sisters" on the Saturday lineup and got hooked. We decided to give all the shows a chance. This one is so hilarious!

I don't know what's going on most of the time as there are no subtitles. I even sent in a request to have it subbed- no response yet. :-(

Anyway, did someone say it's on the Sunday lineup as well? If that's true, I'm definitely going to watch. Right now, the show airs in the Tri-State area on Saturdays during the 10-11PM time slot. I can't wait for Ep 7! EEEE! :wub:

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Dec 4th, '06, 02:17

sema608:

You do know that you can download the show from here and see it with subtitles, don't you?

thtl

Post by thtl » Dec 4th, '06, 03:26

James_yka wrote:Hope there would be Raw or subbed available...
I'm sure someone will put up a torrent link for this, and 'siantut' of S-Projects has said she'll sub it.

http://www.s-projects.org/index.php

burikkoxp

Post by burikkoxp » Dec 4th, '06, 03:51

Ooooh, I'd love to watch Bistro SMAP when it's available! I am completely hooked on Nodame (although I really have to finish watching Brother Beat too).

What other extra variety shows has Nodame Cantabile showed up in?

thtl

Post by thtl » Dec 4th, '06, 07:10

burikkoxp wrote:Ooooh, I'd love to watch Bistro SMAP when it's available! I am completely hooked on Nodame (although I really have to finish watching Brother Beat too).

What other extra variety shows has Nodame Cantabile showed up in?
In the autumn special of "Waratte Iitomo" show:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_39964.htm

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Dec 4th, '06, 08:30

Damn.... I've watched all the subbed Nodame, and watched the first 7 episodes of Last Chirstmas (which is so good that at times I want to beat up the writer... :cussing: )

...and......

...somehow.....

I totally missed the fact that both Chiaki and Naoya were played by the same actor... Tamaki Hiroshi. In NC he looks like he could be 30, in LC he could pass for 17.... :blink Crazy stuff.

thtl

Post by thtl » Dec 4th, '06, 10:06

Mwulf wrote:Damn.... I've watched all the subbed Nodame, and watched the first 7 episodes of Last Chirstmas (which is so good that at times I want to beat up the writer... :cussing: )
Rathing interesting way to express your appreciation...
I totally missed the fact that both Chiaki and Naoya were played by the same actor... Tamaki Hiroshi. In NC he looks like he could be 30, in LC he could pass for 17.... :blink Crazy stuff.
Try "Waterboys" (the movie) and "Hyouheki" - Tamaki Hiroshi was in both but the characters were poles apart.

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Dec 4th, '06, 18:46

Naoya pisses me off. :cussing: Little bastard.

~____~

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Dec 4th, '06, 20:40

Mwulf wrote:Naoya pisses me off. :cussing: Little bastard.

~____~
I hated Tamaki's character in Last Christmas too. But I think the script required him to play Naoya as an a-hole, and that's what he did. That's the difference between a professional character actor and a zero-talent idol who is only capable of playing himself (I'm fighting the urge to name names, lest I offend anybody).

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Dec 5th, '06, 00:17

I LOVE Nodame Cantabile!!! Usually, I don't watch J-Doramas and I'm not really into comedy dramas because I like romance but this one is so funny that I can't resist! Nodame's "Gyaboo" is soooo adorable and Chiaki-senpai's facial expressions are so funny[especially when he thinks about his fears of flying]...Its very cute but I really wish the romance would develop more between nodame and chiaki before the show ends. I feel really bad that siantut is the only translator...I want to help but there isn't much I can do except edit but that's probably not needed.

sema608

Post by sema608 » Dec 5th, '06, 02:22

joeboygo wrote:sema608:

You do know that you can download the show from here and see it with subtitles, don't you?
Um, NO! :O :w00t:

I had no idea. I was basically looking for translations and stuff. I just joined this site because it looks great. I haven't really found my way through it though. OMG, please tell me where I can find it with subs. Also, do you know how long this show will be running? Thanks for giving me the heads up about the subs. :-)

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Dec 5th, '06, 02:36

sema608 wrote:
joeboygo wrote:sema608:

Um, NO! :O :w00t:

I had no idea. I was basically looking for translations and stuff. I just joined this site because it looks great. I haven't really found my way through it though. OMG, please tell me where I can find it with subs. Also, do you know how long this show will be running? Thanks for giving me the heads up about the subs. :-)
Hookay. There's no need to bore the old-timers with the routine, so I'm going to send you a pm. Please check your mailbox within the next hour.

thtl

Post by thtl » Dec 5th, '06, 02:39

sema608 wrote:
joeboygo wrote:splease tell me where I can find it with subs. Also, do you know how long this show will be running? Thanks for giving me the heads up about the subs. :-)
Torrents for the episodes can be found in D-Addicts:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... +all&sort=

English and Spanish subs can be found in S-Projects:

http://www.s-projects.org/index.php

You'll need to register in order to download subs and other files.

This drama has 11 episodes. The last episode will be aired on Boxing Day (26th Dec) or thereabout.

sema608

Post by sema608 » Dec 5th, '06, 05:10

^^^ Thank you so much! :wub:

When you say the last episode, do you mean it's the end of the series? :-( :cry:

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Dec 5th, '06, 06:01

thtl wrote:This drama has 11 episodes. The last episode will be aired on Boxing Day (26th Dec) or thereabout.
Oh darned, I was hoping that it'd run longer than 11 episodes.
joeboygo wrote:I hated Tamaki's character in Last Christmas too. But I think the script required him to play Naoya as an a-hole, and that's what he did. That's the difference between a professional character actor and a zero-talent idol who is only capable of playing himself (I'm fighting the urge to name names, lest I offend anybody).
Yep he was detestable as Naoya. In Top Caster, Tamaki was so sweet-natured, goofy and easily contented (I can never forget the omu-rice scene where he kept grinning and exclaiming "umai!") it was quite hard reconciling him as the cool, demanding Chiaki.

jemmy

Post by jemmy » Dec 5th, '06, 06:49

Hoi~ I'm new to the forum, I can't resist Nodame Cantabile!

I'm curious, was the german accurate? Lol it sounds convincing to me but regarding german, I know nothing XD Also, I also agree that episodes 4, 5, and 6 were even better than the first three. Add in the element of a real orchestra~ the performance blew me away!! It's so impressive that the lead roles actually had to undergo intense training >_<

Does anybody know where I can get the chinese manga online?
I started reading this manga online a few years ago but it was stopped! I can't wait until the next episode comes out >_<

Hideaki_Ito

Post by Hideaki_Ito » Dec 5th, '06, 14:54

I find that Tamaki has an amazing ability to transform himself into different characters convincingly. The way he carries himself for each character together with the change of appearance can create a totally different character. To me he's the first actor that I think can pull this off very well.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Dec 7th, '06, 02:59

I love Ep8! Juri Ueno gave a great performance. This episode is a significant turning point for both Nodame and Chiaki.

hushpuppies

Post by hushpuppies » Dec 7th, '06, 16:18

I'm soo addicted to this drama! It's wacky and fun and the music is great. The anime moments just cracks me up everytime (I have re-watched them countless times)
And I've been listening to the live ost repeatedly at work these past few days and reliving the drama... can't seem to get enough of Nodame.. hee hee :P

First of all, thank you saintut!!! :thumleft: I love ur translations, they are so much better than the chinese subs I've been viewing to feed my addiction. I always watched it with only 50% understanding and it only make full sense when I watched your hard subs, Arigatoo!!!

A favour to ask, is it possible to increase the font size in episode 1 to those like in episode 2?
They're way too small to read after I convert the video to portable devices like pocket pc or ipod video.
I love episode 2, great quality and the font is perfect, just the right size.
I really want to spread the Nodame love to the pple around me :wub: (actually I've already starting forcing non j-drama lovers to watch the show) and the first impression counts a lot.
:whistling:

~Long Live Nodame~
I still can't believe the actor for Chiaki is the same as the one in Top Caster...how different can he get.. Sugoi!

dancing_baka

Post by dancing_baka » Dec 8th, '06, 03:05

Also love Ep 8 and love the two main actors on SmapxSmap even more! Tamaki and Ueno really look compatible together :wub: And really funny! Watching them, it felt like it was "Nodame" and "Chiaki" on SmapxSmap rather than just actors playing them. They really are like their characters in the drama! Wish they'll team up again in the future after Nodame :pray: !

avexdevil

Post by avexdevil » Dec 8th, '06, 06:38

damn...nodame@hirogi clubbox won;'t work for me...why???

animefan22

Post by animefan22 » Dec 8th, '06, 07:39

Hmm, hopefully since the series is doing so well, they'll make a sequel!

I mean, some series don't even do as well as Nodame and they still get at least a follow-up special.

After seeing this show, Ueno Juri and Tamaki Hiroshi have to be two of favorite new actors. Also, according to this link: http://www.japantoday.com/jp/shukan/373 the two have been linked romantically just recently! Apparently, they're always together.

siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by siantut » Dec 8th, '06, 12:24

hushpuppies wrote:I'm soo addicted to this drama! It's wacky and fun and the music is great. The anime moments just cracks me up everytime (I have re-watched them countless times)
And I've been listening to the live ost repeatedly at work these past few days and reliving the drama... can't seem to get enough of Nodame.. hee hee :P

First of all, thank you saintut!!! :thumleft: I love ur translations, they are so much better than the chinese subs I've been viewing to feed my addiction. I always watched it with only 50% understanding and it only make full sense when I watched your hard subs, Arigatoo!!!

A favour to ask, is it possible to increase the font size in episode 1 to those like in episode 2?
They're way too small to read after I convert the video to portable devices like pocket pc or ipod video.
I love episode 2, great quality and the font is perfect, just the right size.
I really want to spread the Nodame love to the pple around me :wub: (actually I've already starting forcing non j-drama lovers to watch the show) and the first impression counts a lot.
:whistling:

~Long Live Nodame~
I still can't believe the actor for Chiaki is the same as the one in Top Caster...how different can he get.. Sugoi!
Hihi, okay, I intend to re-release the softsubs of Episode 1 as Final Release, so I will make the fonts bigger by myself or I will ask our Typesetter Densetsu86 to make it bigger. He's a seasoned Typesetter, he'll know the right size and color for the fonts. To burn them into DVDs, I suggest you wait until all Final Releases are released here at D-addicts (and also at my site), because the softsubs will be much better than the BETAs. Sorry about the fonts of Ep 1 being too small, that is my first subbing :P

hushpuppies

Post by hushpuppies » Dec 8th, '06, 17:40

siantut wrote: Hihi, okay, I intend to re-release the softsubs of Episode 1 as Final Release, so I will make the fonts bigger by myself or I will ask our Typesetter Densetsu86 to make it bigger. He's a seasoned Typesetter, he'll know the right size and color for the fonts. To burn them into DVDs, I suggest you wait until all Final Releases are released here at D-addicts (and also at my site), because the softsubs will be much better than the BETAs. Sorry about the fonts of Ep 1 being too small, that is my first subbing :P
Thank You for the consideration to re-release Episode 1. Take your time with it, I will patiently wait. :salut:

And please don't apologise, helping to translate this drama is already a great contribution to all of us. I'm just being greedy. :mrgreen:

Have a great day!

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Dec 8th, '06, 22:23

animefan22 wrote:Hmm, hopefully since the series is doing so well, they'll make a sequel!

I mean, some series don't even do as well as Nodame and they still get at least a follow-up special.

After seeing this show, Ueno Juri and Tamaki Hiroshi have to be two of favorite new actors. Also, according to this link: http://www.japantoday.com/jp/shukan/373 the two have been linked romantically just recently! Apparently, they're always together.
I think that a Special is pretty certain, given the popularity of this show. However, there might not be enough material in the manga to have a second season. the SP will almost certainly about Europe...

thtl

Post by thtl » Dec 8th, '06, 22:58

auroragb wrote:I think that a Special is pretty certain, given the popularity of this show. However, there might not be enough material in the manga to have a second season. the SP will almost certainly about Europe...
The author of the manga, Ninomiya Tomoko, has released book 16 and doesn't seem to have set a limit, so material-wise it is possible to do a sequel in, say, a year or two. However after book 9 the story switched over entirely to Europe, and I don't think Fuji TV has any intention of doing all that filming overseas. A SP is possible, as you said.

sema608

Post by sema608 » Dec 9th, '06, 02:48

Thank you to everyone who made the subtitles and downloading possible. The show makes so much more sense with them. I love you! I'm also loving the two main leads. I am watching the BistroMap special now and I have no idea what they are saying, but they are too cute together! I hope they are really dating. :wub:

PS-- Does anyone have the subtitles to BistroMap that I can read? I'm searching, but I can't find any.

thtl

Post by thtl » Dec 9th, '06, 03:42

sema608 wrote:PS-- Does anyone have the subtitles to BistroMap that I can read? I'm searching, but I can't find any.
The subber of the drama, 'siantut', will be subbing this episode of Bistro SMAP soon. You can find updates on the status from her website: www.s-projects.org

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Dec 9th, '06, 04:11

thtl wrote:
auroragb wrote:I think that a Special is pretty certain, given the popularity of this show. However, there might not be enough material in the manga to have a second season. the SP will almost certainly about Europe...
The author of the manga, Ninomiya Tomoko, has released book 16 and doesn't seem to have set a limit, so material-wise it is possible to do a sequel in, say, a year or two. However after book 9 the story switched over entirely to Europe, and I don't think Fuji TV has any intention of doing all that filming overseas. A SP is possible, as you said.
However, the story slows down dramatically after they went to Europe. So, not enough material for them to do an adaptation in time to catch the buzz

I can imagine a special of their oversea adventures, but an entire series is impractical.

KaDeBee

Post by KaDeBee » Dec 9th, '06, 16:29

Well, I haven't read the manga yet, and don't know that there will be "European Scene". But yes please, please Fuji TV... do make at least Special for this !! (ho ho ho this drama is still airing there, but I dream now of a special ...).
I think there is possibility for Fuji TV filming in Europe, especially here in Germany, because they have "Fuji TV Berlin Bureau" ( http://www.fujitv.co.jp/en/overview/act ... erlin.html ) and "In fall 2004, Fuji Television sponsored a series of concerts by the Berlin Philharmonic" ( http://www.fujitv.co.jp/en/overview/outline/events.html ) ... Yeah ...
So ... I promise to be a good girl :whistling: , ... and hope that my wish will come true ... :roll

thtl

Post by thtl » Dec 10th, '06, 01:42

auroragb wrote:However, the story slows down dramatically after they went to Europe. So, not enough material for them to do an adaptation in time to catch the buzz.

I can imagine a special of their oversea adventures, but an entire series is impractical.
You are right of course. The plot after book 9 has become more of the development of the love affair between Chiaki and Nodame. Just like you I hope Fuji TV will do a special. However I understand Ninomiya (the author) is quite specific about the development of the plot. Hopes of a special capping off the romance between these 2 are slim at best - I don't think Ninomiya wants the suspense diminished by a TV special.

siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by siantut » Dec 10th, '06, 07:11

Guys, I am leaving D-addicts forever.

If you want to know the reason, you can read it at this thread:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=594706

Good bye, D-addicts. Thank you very much. It was short, it was fun, it was exciting, thank you.

PS: I want to edit the first post of that thread, but it is locked, so I can't.

ladyusagi

Post by ladyusagi » Dec 10th, '06, 08:47

anyways....

did anybody watch the dec 4 smapxsmap show? tamaki hiroshi and ueno juri were the bistro guests. tamaki hiroshi was so hilarious with his reactions to the food. totally opposite of chiaki's character. he really did some funny reactions without realizing it. oh and during the talk, kimura takuya was talking about how he bought ueno juri undergarments with koyuki for her birthday while they were filming engine. you guys should try to download it on jpopsuki to see how ueno juri and tamaki hiroshi interact in semi real life.

luckysmile20
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by luckysmile20 » Dec 10th, '06, 08:53

bistro smap that has nodame and chiaki, can be downloaded at roaceica clubbox
download bistro smap dec4 part 1 for chiaki and nodame part only.

soft subs is available at http://www.s-projects.org thanks to Siantut! =D
(but the softsubs need a little tweak to match with roaceica's version)

indokid

Post by indokid » Dec 10th, '06, 10:22

im not sure what happened
but to siantut and her team members.. thanks for the subs so far!!

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Dec 10th, '06, 12:30

Seeing that the flame war has spilled into this thread I'm locking it too.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 11th, '06, 00:46

I just want to let ppl know that I still haven't had time to process or deal with what happened yet (important stuff going on at work right now). Unless another mod or admin steps in, nothing is really going to get done on my part for another day or two, until I get some free time to wade through all the posts... Sorry, I know this situation is important to everybody, but real life is going to have to take precedence for me here.

Sufficed to say, I'm extremely disappointed that locking the Subtitles thread wasn't enough of a clue to ppl to just let things go.

siantut, I hope you do return someday, but what's important in the overall scheme of things is your happiness. Thank you for your tremendous efforts to accommodate everybody, even though you were in no way obligated do such. If you do decide to quit subtitling, we do understand the reasons and you shouldn't feel like you owe anybody anything. Please remember that you are always welcome back here, with or without subtitles in hand.

EDIT:
Thread unlocked. Principal parties have been PM'd.
Sorry for the delay in getting all this settled and cleaned up.

Aulcard

[Discussion] Nodame Cantabile [Flame free version]

Post by Aulcard » Dec 12th, '06, 01:01

I don't know what went on in the other discussion thread, and I don't care. What I do want to do is discuss Nodame Cantabile. Is this ok? If not, please delete this thread Mr Mod person.

The piece performed by Nodame at the end of episode 09 was absolutely spectacular. I think whoever actually played that tune must be extremely good at the piano. I cant stop listening to that track on the OST :P

Yeah I realize ep 09 isnt out on the tracker yet, I watched it on TV last night. Though I sure will download it and watch again since I had a hard time following because my friends were over and I was talking to them. Only got about 50% of what was happening.

To anyone who has seen it,
do you know why during the flashback to Nodame's childhood, that man (her father? piano instructor?) was hitting her? If I had a kid that could play piano like that I would want to give her a freaking medal of some sort. You know, a 'you rule' medal.

lunas

Post by lunas » Dec 12th, '06, 01:26

Wow, you're so lucky to be able to watch it last night. I've to wait until tomorrow to download the file and then next week to be able to understand everything completely. I hope siantut still going to continue subbing the series. The poor girl didn't deserve or should be put up with that.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 12th, '06, 02:44

Aulcard, this thread is fine...
Once I catch up with what exactly happened myself, I'll just clean up the thread and merge this to the existing...
Hopefully, everything should be back in working order by later tonight.

BTW, I spoliered that last comment/question of yours... :fear:

joeboygo

Re: [Discussion] Nodame Cantabile [Flame free version]

Post by joeboygo » Dec 12th, '06, 04:05

Aulcard wrote:I don't know what went on in the other discussion thread, and I don't care.
Perhaps you ought to, especially if you were planning on having your discussion in English. It may get lonely in this thread until the show is once again made accessible to the Japanese-illiterate, myself among them. I am dying to see episode 9, and I'll watch it as soon as it's available, regardless. But I doubt if I'll be able to share anything intelligent with you for a while. Well, I guess I could comment on the music.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 12th, '06, 04:32

joeboygo wrote:
Aulcard wrote:I don't know what went on in the other discussion thread, and I don't care.
Perhaps you ought to, especially if you were planning on having your discussion in English.
I'm not one for censorship, but since I don't think any good can come from what happened in the other threads, I moved the related posts someplace else. If anybody truly wants to read what happened, PM me and I will make the entire transcript available.

Aulcard

Post by Aulcard » Dec 12th, '06, 05:42

mizune wrote:BTW, I spoliered that last comment/question of yours... :fear:
Ah yeah sorry about that. I have never used spoiler tags before so it is not really a natural reaction for me to consider them... sorry to anyone who accidentally read my spoiler comments :|

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 12th, '06, 07:37

merged topics...
hopefully this will stay flame free...

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Dec 12th, '06, 08:46

mizune wrote:
joeboygo wrote:
Perhaps you ought to, especially if you were planning on having your discussion in English.
I'm not one for censorship, but since I don't think any good can come from what happened in the other threads, I moved the related posts someplace else. If anybody truly wants to read what happened, PM me and I will make the entire transcript available.
Nah, just bury it. Better to just let people move on, and when siantut knows this is a place to post without all the hassle, hopefully things will right themselves again.

thtl

Post by thtl » Dec 12th, '06, 10:14

Aulcard wrote:The piece performed by Nodame at the end of episode 09 was absolutely spectacular. I think whoever actually played that tune must be extremely good at the piano. I cant stop listening to that track on the OST :P
You must be listening to "Orchestra du Nodame Live", because the OST does not contain the Chopin Etude.

To anyone who has seen it,
do you know why during the flashback to Nodame's childhood, that man (her father? piano instructor?) was hitting her?
I'm still in the process of dl'ing this episode. However the manga explained this scene:
After little Megumi was discovered to have usual abilities in the piano, her parent got her a really famous teacher (reminiscent of Harisen - Etou) who was very frustrated that Megumi did not follow instructions on the score. As a result he (the teacher) hit her and she ended up with a bleeding wound on her head. She didn't touch the piano for a long time after that and her family dared not find another teacher for her.
This also explained, as Chiaki was wondering in episode 7, why Nodame was so unusually agitated by Etou.

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Dec 12th, '06, 11:11

aNToK wrote: Nah, just bury it. Better to just let people move on, and when siantut knows this is a place to post without all the hassle, hopefully things will right themselves again.
If it works for her then I'm cool with it too.

thtl

Post by thtl » Dec 12th, '06, 12:39

Soundtrack from "Nodame Cantabile":

Nodame Cantabile OST
SendSpace link
MediaFire link
Last edited by thtl on Dec 12th, '06, 14:10, edited 1 time in total.

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Dec 12th, '06, 12:59

thtl wrote:Soundtrack from "Nodame Cantabile":

Nodame Cantabile OST
http://www.mediafire.com/?eyzmgm2w2im
Thank you! This is just what I was looking for :-)

thtl

Post by thtl » Dec 12th, '06, 15:07

Special music collection from "Nodame Cantabile":

Nodame Cantabile Character Selection – Nodame
http://www.sendspace.com/file/vpcazl

Aulcard

Post by Aulcard » Dec 13th, '06, 00:38

thtl wrote:You must be listening to "Orchestra du Nodame Live", because the OST does not contain the Chopin Etude.
Yeah you are right. What uh.. is the actual difference? Was there a live performance of the pieces in the show or something? Or was it only the 'performances' in the show that are on it? I can't really tell. Either way I like it a lot. As I also love the show itself.

thtl

Post by thtl » Dec 13th, '06, 03:43

Aulcard wrote:Yeah you are right. What uh.. is the actual difference? Was there a live performance of the pieces in the show or something? Or was it only the 'performances' in the show that are on it? I can't really tell. Either way I like it a lot. As I also love the show itself.
The "Orchestra du Nodame Live" CDs are a collection of music used in the drama. The OST contains original music composed by Hattori, mostly incidentals.