[Discussion] Tatta Hitotsu no Koi

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
TG3

Post by TG3 » Dec 11th, '06, 04:14

I just saw Ep 9 and this latest twist
they break up and meet again 3 years later
kind of threw me for a loop. Has this ever happened in another drama written by Kitagawa?
I also kind of find it inconceivable that she would be with that one guy in her father's company with whom she seemed so unsuited when they first met. Also, it's kind of sad to see everyone a bit better off except for Hiroto. I mean, while he's better off financially now, he's obviously hurting inside. I think Nao, too, but she really doesn't realize it yet.

sakura2M

Post by sakura2M » Dec 11th, '06, 04:38

when I saw the "twist" my first feeling is :w00t: and :thumright: for Kitagawa eriko for totally making me believe that its gonna end in a tragedy - and well written too
predictable much? kdrama? :P
I have faith I want to believe that its gonna be a happy ending for hiroto and nao
its just that I'll have to wait for a whole week :hissy: I want ep 10 NOW

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Dec 11th, '06, 05:07

momoflower wrote:Am I the only one who feels sorry for Ayuta throughout the series? :[
When Ayuta hugged Nao, I still couldn't help but feel Ayuta's pain at wanting someone to love him instead of just being labeled, "Mr. Nice Guy". So maybe it was a little far, but, I could understand his feelings. ;.;
No, you're not. I wanted Ayuta to be with Nao for a few episodes because he was just so nice and such~~ :P

yuwing

Post by yuwing » Dec 11th, '06, 19:28

Ayuta shoudln't fall in love with Noa in the first place.
First of all, you shouldn't do that to your friend's gf!
Second, I think he fell in love with Nao because he saw how much Nao likes Hiroto. That's not genuine love. That's just jealousy over hiroto.
Third, he can't accept the fact that he lost yuko to Ko and later Nao to hiroto. He was always considered the prettier one out of the 3. So that motivates him further.
All in all, that isn't love.
Just saw ep 9
I can't believe nao didn't shine the orange thing on the third xmas eve... why!?!?!! it was a promise! if you're healthy, you shine it. For her to give up so easily, it's weird unless she grew up from her stubborn childish ways. But this is not right.

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Dec 12th, '06, 01:24

Aaah! Ep 9!!! :wub: First one when I didn't cry! I didn't understand Nao either, but now I'm so hoping for a good end!!!! :D

goygakgoy

Post by goygakgoy » Dec 12th, '06, 03:48

man...this dram is so CORNY...and I LOVE it! haha.

-friend gets mad at guy for breaking up with his girlfriend and kicked him in the back...haha.
-Fast foward into the future where girl is engaged to different guy and she still loves her ex.
-She tries to hide her hand/ring from her ex.

This drama is so corny with so many cliches...yet it's so good. Gotta give them credit for that.

cantiara

Post by cantiara » Dec 12th, '06, 12:37

I really should've waited for the final episode before watching episode 9. Now it just bites me to see how it all ends.. I'm sure it will be a happy ending, I just wanna see how they'll end up happy. :wub:

Some people here said they didnt understand Nao, but I think I do:
It's been three years since she broke up with Hiroto. They broke up properly, and it has been made clear when they were on that boat that their relationship would end there. So now that it ended, Nao's choice was either to "move on" or to "move back". And after three years, she chose to "move on", and that's why she didn't shine the orange ball either. And that's probably what anyone else would do too. Just think about it, if it was you, what would you do? You broke up 3 years ago. Yes, there is still "feeling" for the ex-boyfriend, but you broke up 3 years ago, and you never met each other eversince. I'd probably do the same because I'd want to move on too!
I also gotta say kudos to Kitagawa Eriko! her scripts have never failed me. Orange Days, Long Vacation, Beautiful Life... they were all beautiful dorama. And this one has proved to be another one that moves the viewers' hearts, regardless what the ending would be like. I agree with goygakgoy. It gets corny sometmes because it is just TOO darn romantic! It just makes us want to "fall in love" all over again. And that's why we love it, right? :lol

Lifo

Post by Lifo » Dec 12th, '06, 17:27

I'm REALLY shocked after watching ep. 9 !! >_<
I feel Sorry for Ayuta, Don't know why most ppl hate him here? :cry:
I mean in the first episodes, we kinda get the feeling that he likes Nao, but till the end of ep.8 and the beginning of ep.9, I guess He couldn't take it, but still I think that He won't ruin Hiroto and Nao's relationship even though he might still like Nao.

And what's up with not using the orange thingy at the third year !! >.<
I was really shocked when Ko married another girl, I was like, " What the hell happened to Yuko-chan ??!" I wanted those two to end together :-(

The sudden meeting of Nao and Hiroto after three years was kind of expected, but after hiroto saw the ring, I felt he went back to remembering everything, and I so DONT want her to marry the other guy !

Up till now , she isn't sick so I guess the last ep. won't pretty much talk about her illness, but her marriage and how Hiroto rushes there and whatever happens next.

Anyhow, I hope the ending would be acceptable and Unique!!

went

its a nice episode..

Post by went » Dec 12th, '06, 21:41

i thought jdramas are a bit too short but now i am thinking its short and straight to the poiint w/o dragging too much. i never thought ayuta-kun will be after nao cuz he's an overall nice guy. he wouldnt actually be going after the girl when he knows the girl doesnt reciprocate his feelings. i knew ko wouldnt be going w/yuki-chan for long cuz she said to nao that " r u serious about running away from home, WE ARE ONLY 20, we might like someone else later " so makes sense she doesnt like ko THAT much especially when u r just beginning a relationship and u r already feeling like ok about ur steady. i mean just a thought but it was still how weird he got when they saw each other again.

FruitChaat

Post by FruitChaat » Dec 12th, '06, 21:47

just saw ep 9
*CRY**CRY**CRY**CRY*
awww, this drama justs keeps getting sadder. i cried when they broke up, not necessarily since they broke up, since tht part was kinda obvious, but the fact that it hurt hiroto so much to have to break up with her.
i was so mad at her for not shining the orange thing the 3rd yr, if i was hiroto i probably would have told myself tht it was b/c she got over me, but then in the back of my mind i'd always have the feeling that she died. i think it was just mean for her to do that to him.
and ko got married to sum ugly girl..icky..haha, it shows how much he cares about her if after the wedding he wants to go out and drink with his friends, lol. i thought tht the relationship b/t him and yuko was kinda silly and too easy since the beginning, but they were just so cute.
on to the most important part...their hair changes!
kame=HOT
koki=ick
yuuta=double ick
haha...he looks like an old man with his hair like tht =P

Tomi

Post by Tomi » Dec 13th, '06, 01:13

Episode 10 is too far away!

Episode nine was good, but like everyone said, so damn shocking! :O
I couldn't believe they were breaking up! It was such a tragic way to break up on that boat. When finally Hiroto gave up, my heart broke.

And on the third year, when Nao didn't shine the orange thing, I was sad for HIroto because Nao forced herself to move on but Hiroto still couldn't.

The feelings between the two still exist strongly. I mean, come on, Nao can't even talk to her husband casually [well, the guy can't] but anyway, that's a failing marriage. I wish Nao's family would just let Nao be happy!

I was also shocked when Ko ended up marrying some other girl! =OO Double shoku!
Episode nine made me tearful in many scenes.

EternalSnow

Post by EternalSnow » Dec 13th, '06, 15:43

NO KOKI IS NOT ICK.lol also why did he marry that other girl she looked like she was 50 lol.....

altec1

Post by altec1 » Dec 13th, '06, 17:18

WTH! I really didn't see all this happening.

dee8o8

Post by dee8o8 » Dec 13th, '06, 18:35

after ep9
ok yeah i was shoked like everyone else when Ko got married to some other girl, however it did make sense. and they broke up? damn Hiroto and Nao ... i thought that Hiroto wouldve tried to work it out. i feel its Hirotos fault for not pursuing whats was happenning at that time,. however he may have had too much on his plate. i wonder if Nao will ever get Ren's gift to her? the whale lamp.. he took SOOOOOOO much time and effort into making it.
Nao hiding her ring shows you she still has feelings for Hiroto however why would you get into a wedding thing when you still have feelings for someone else. her love aint very strong. i thought she died when she didnt shine the orange thing. thank goodness i was wrong. twists i tell you. DAMMIT i want ep10 already just like everyone else! arrrrrgggghhh hthe suspence!

went

direct link OST?

Post by went » Dec 14th, '06, 03:44

does anyone have the direct link OST? :roll

=_-YuRiPa-_=

Re: direct link OST?

Post by =_-YuRiPa-_= » Dec 14th, '06, 07:41

went wrote:does anyone have the direct link OST? :roll
Just pass me your email..? And I'll send it to you..?

Anyway, back to the topic at hand -

I hate to say this, but I didn't/have yet to shed a tear or two while watching this whole drama up till episode 9. However, I must say that....This drama is freaking good~~!! Cause the plotline is sooo simlar to a past experience, I mean this whole drama can happen to anyone, anywhere and anytime.

My inference of his so-called "tragedy" is simple -

Don't you all feel that the "built-up" (situations) leading to their breakup IS the tragedy..? The beginning of something beautiful followed on with a destructive wave that leads to the ugly ending of everything.

And that's when all the narration by Hiroto ends, which brings the viewers 3 years into the present.

PS: Ayuta is ONLY human, trust me...**** happens, that's how realistic the whole drama can be...

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Dec 14th, '06, 13:34

Yes, Yuripa, that's how I understood it too --
everything was really tragic from the beginning to the break up. The present-time Hiroto is a Hiroto with a broken heart. But I must say, seeing that tragic break-up and understanding that it was the tragedy Hiroto talked about at the beginning, I was really glad! Because when there are almost whole two episodes left after the tragic break up, the happy reunion, I thought, is bound to happen! :-) So now I'm really looking forward to the last ep, and I'm hoping really hard that this drama won't pull a Sang-doo!!! :cry:
And count me in among those who didn't write off Ayuta forever for hugging Nao :-)

=_-YuRiPa-_=

Post by =_-YuRiPa-_= » Dec 14th, '06, 16:48

Well, to be honest Liantasse, I hope that they won't end up together, I mean not that I'm a sadist or what-so-ever, but I rather have a bittersweet feeling for my 1st love and I'm sure the viewers' response would be furiously crazy over that sort of ending, lolx`~

Eliza

Post by Eliza » Dec 14th, '06, 23:17

I liked ep 9 very much.
Usually I get really mad what drama turns x years later... I hate this kidnd of turn of action. But in this case it was so well done, that I really notice. It goes very smooth, ne.
I also was kinda sure that somebody will get sick and die. And I thought that would probably be Nao (but i also took Hiroto and his broter into acconut. Borother was already not well, and Hiroto was working hard and had so many problems, he culd get sick or have some accident at workplace...) But fortumatelly it seems everybody is healthy.

And I think this dorama might have happy ending. Whe we see "in next ep"
Hiroto RUNS. And we know what RUNS mean in most sries/movies. It gives me hope. Although with Jdorama you can never be sure, ne.
Anyway, I will be with anyending. One wan hand I like Hiroto+Nao couple very much and wish them well. But on the other havd I like sad srotries too, so if only ending has sens, it's ok both way.

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Dec 15th, '06, 00:33

Yuripa-kun, you're not a sadist or anything like that, neee? XD :lol But you're sweet :) And I'll still hope for the happy ending... :mrgreen: :roll :whistling:

Eliza, yes, I agree with you
about the running!
Good point, very good!! 8) Let's keep our fingers crossed! :-)

=_-YuRiPa-_=

Post by =_-YuRiPa-_= » Dec 15th, '06, 03:17

I had a feelin' that I was gonna be labelled as one, (^,^;) oh well..

I like happy endings too (>,<)

But, the difference between a happy ending and a sad one, I guess the latter would give me a longer lasting impression of the drama, lolx..

I'll probably be thinking (hey, it's the holidays for me now, and I'm kinda free, hee) "Why Why Why..??? Why did it turn out to be such a sad ending...?!!!" Keeps me preoccupied with time consuming thoughts..

Crap...I DO sound sadist...

Flor!

Post by Flor! » Dec 15th, '06, 12:21

Hi! I saw that there is people who thinks it is wrong what Nao did about the light the third year. I was one of them but then I thought that if i was her i would exactly the same. Maybe she thought that she didn't want to end it, that was the last year and then it would be over the contact between she and him. She might have done that thinking that way and believing that maybe Hiroto will worry about her (not necessarily thinking she was dead) and come to see if she is OK.

rmatsom

Post by rmatsom » Dec 16th, '06, 15:54

cant wait for next episode...luv this dorama so much...

Lifo

Post by Lifo » Dec 16th, '06, 16:07

There's this english song which acts as a background song in the drama, anyone knows what it's name is ?

rmatsom

Post by rmatsom » Dec 16th, '06, 16:14

the song title is cool whispers..such a beautiful song rite??

Lifo

Post by Lifo » Dec 16th, '06, 16:23

rmatsom wrote:the song title is cool whispers..such a beautiful song rite??
Yes it is, I wanted it's name to download in from the OST, thanx ! xD

went

great ending....waaa...

Post by went » Dec 18th, '06, 00:48

Just finished the ending and its so great and kind of didnt want it to end.
a bit rushed as there are many questions have yet to be resolved but i guess thats life.
you cant plan everything as you want it, just take it a step at a time i guess.
too sad i didnt get to see REN at the end cuz i really like the little bro.

happy watching !!!

CrAcKaJaP206

Post by CrAcKaJaP206 » Dec 18th, '06, 03:26

I felt like the ending was missing somethin. Honestly, i think it could of used an 1 1/2 hour episode, it would of really completed the series, but oh well, good drama nonetheless.

TG3

Post by TG3 » Dec 18th, '06, 04:08

Yeah, I guess I'm not the only one who felt the ending was a bit... abrupt?! There could have been more. I'm not saying it's a bad drama, it's just the ending could have been better. I think that's a big problem I've had with dramas this year. They all seem to have good momentum but then suffer from a poor or a below-average ending.

At any rate, I'm glad things ended the way they did.

303aegiszx

Post by 303aegiszx » Dec 18th, '06, 05:43

What the hell was that?! That ending could have been sooo much better. It was way too predictable! Ugh.. anyways.. this series overall was alright.

evil_zai

Post by evil_zai » Dec 18th, '06, 08:31

darn!
i've been so busy these past few days that i haven't gotten the last epi.
downloading it now.
i hope the ending is good.
mixed reactions from you guys is making me more excited. :D

cantiara

Post by cantiara » Dec 18th, '06, 10:57

Just watched the last episode, and I agree with previous comments.
I am also disappointed with the ending *sigh*.
For me personally, it's an anti climax! It definitely could've been much better.
They built up a tension throughout the whole series and it ended.. just like that?? :scratch:

I'm wondering though if this means that there would be any Special coming up, because the ending is so... hurried. Seems like they just abruptly ended it.
For Pete's sake, they didn't even kiss! :-(

fastat3m

Re: great ending....waaa...

Post by fastat3m » Dec 18th, '06, 11:29

went wrote:Just finished the ending and its so great and kind of didnt want it to end.
a bit rushed as there are many questions have yet to be resolved but i guess thats life.
you cant plan everything as you want it, just take it a step at a time i guess.
too sad i didnt get to see REN at the end cuz i really like the little bro.

happy watching !!!
The problem with seeing Ren is that it is too many years in the future. You would have had to use a completely different actor. Personally, I'm glad they didn't have someone else play him.

went

i didnt think of that...

Post by went » Dec 18th, '06, 14:34

hahhhahah i didnt even think of that but its only being 3 yrs.
they talked like it's being forever, 3 yrs is not that long a time.

arabian

Post by arabian » Dec 18th, '06, 14:49

I'm gald that the ending was happy..
I really enjoyed watching this drama.. Kame chan was soo cute & also koki he is really funny..
Hope to see him both in new drama soon..

hikari00

Post by hikari00 » Dec 18th, '06, 16:06

ahhhh.... im in school ryt now and i just found out that the last episode's sub is out!!!! i want to go home ryt now!!!! i already have the raw..... ahhhh im def. not staying after today... anyweiz... from what ive heard/read.. the ending isnt that good... ooohhh hope that they get together tho!!!! do you guys know if kame's having a new drama anytime soon???

xoxo, kamiru^_^

takuyasuki

Post by takuyasuki » Dec 18th, '06, 16:16

anyone figure out what the last scene of the episode was all about. hiroto putting on his kawaii mits and saying he's going out. very strange ending clip don't you think? and i agree, at least a smooch would've alleviated the less than perfect ending. but let's hope for a special!

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Dec 18th, '06, 20:23

I think the ending is GREAT!!!! :lol Even if it seems I'm the only one around who thinks it :P but for me it was really good and NOT predictable! I mean, I really-really thought and hoped hard that it will be a happy end, but I had no idea how things were going to work out
especially after all that "be happy" talk from Hiroto, and him not saying even ONCE that he had also loved Nao, not to mention is still loving her!!! ARRRRGH!!!!! :crazy: I felt like beating him black and blue!!!!! :cussing: :fight: Especially when he started all that "oh, did that really happen?" aaaaaaaa :crazy: It felt sooooo good to hear Nao give him the naked truth about his wall-building!!! :thumleft: :clap:

Oh, and the scenes with Saito letting Nao go, and with Hiroto's mom going to ask forgiveness from Nao and her mother, and how Nao's mother received her, I liked them so much!!! :-)

I also liked how Nao finally found her whale-present! :wub: And Ko was so funny on the phone! :lol

At the end, I think a kiss at the proposal-scene would have been really out of place! :P XD So I liked it a lot how they did that scene. And having everyone run after the bus and finishing with that, I felt that was great! It felt really satisfying :-)
Hiroto putting on the mittens, kawaii!! :wub: Can anyone tell us what he was saying?

I missed Ren too, but it was a good thought not to replace him with another actor.

So, to me, this was a really good drama, that I look forward to watching again! :-)

PS: and oh, how cool, about that rope??! 8) Really good use of symbols :thumleft:

TG3

Post by TG3 » Dec 19th, '06, 00:56

Jeez, don't you people remember who made the mittens?! Hint: Go back to Episode 7, at the 32 minute mark.

The mittens symbolize what was supposed to happen 3 years ago has finally happened.

SSJSubgeta
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SSJSubgeta » Dec 19th, '06, 03:21

Well its not exactly who he was talking too, but I think it was his dads ring.

He said: "I'm leaving" he was going out,
f my assumption is correct he thinks his dad is there, In spirit.

But look at the other stuff....there's some other stuff that belong to Ren too. Could it have been him sleeping there? There are Twin beds???
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/S ... tscene.jpg[/img]

And the ring...HN (Hiroto Nao)
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/S ... HNring.jpg[/img]

goygakgoy

Post by goygakgoy » Dec 19th, '06, 05:16

WOW, the ending was really good. When she got off the bus and the bus left, I was thinking "hmm...didn't she forget something?".

dee8o8

Re: i didnt think of that...

Post by dee8o8 » Dec 19th, '06, 06:54

went wrote:hahhhahah i didnt even think of that but its only being 3 yrs.
they talked like it's being forever, 3 yrs is not that long a time.
when youre waiting for someone.. it does seem like it though.. i would know.

personally i liked the ending.
the part i love the most is dancestar subbing this series!
:wub: :cheers:
yes they couldve kissed , yes they couldve written it better and ended it better. i think so too.
when Nao was arguing with Hiroto in her house if i was Ko or Ayuta i wouldve said something like how he was actually suffering and how she cant see that! if she knew him then she would know. he just thinks of her happiness. idk this drama kind of hits home for me. i liked it, but yes it couldve ended better imho.
:thumleft:

skrhgh3b

Post by skrhgh3b » Dec 19th, '06, 07:04

this drama was guilty of every single imaginable cliche of the romance genre, and if haruka ayase wasn't so impossibly cute, i could never have suffered so much of kazuya kamenashi. still, i have to admit i really enjoyed the ending. it just goes to prove how tried and true those cliches really are :lol

went

koki is still funny and nice ...

Post by went » Dec 19th, '06, 20:30

koki is so very nice still at the very end towards yuko-chan even thou he's married.
Holding a girls handbag while all of your had to run? wow hahhahahaa....
in another forum, they are pissed on how koki might not love the wifey and still have feelings for yuko-chan and i think that's not fair. b/c there might be different kinds of love towards people. To him, yuko-chan is still a big part of his life on his earlier days and that feeling dont just change overnight when she doesnt reciprocate. i mean thats just my opinion.

hikari00

Post by hikari00 » Dec 20th, '06, 16:02

just finished the last episode.... yeah they could have done better but i actually like it...
i like the part when they were arguing because hiroto "forgot" wat happened wid the orange balloon thing and she got so mad... its cute and annoying at the same time.... but i felt hiroto's sadness when she said that he can't love anyone..... ahhhhhh if she just knew what he really feels..... ooohhhh ......i also like wen nao went to the memorable places that she and hiroto went before and wen she found the dolphin and especially wen hiroto said that he's always looking for things when he's wid her.... love that part.... sorry if im saying toooo many things here.... gomen
i love this drama!!! its so cute. (=^+^=)..... p.s.got this icon from kame!!!! its suppose to be a cat.. i think.

hope kame-kun have more romantic dramas!!!

xoxo, kamiru ^_^

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Dec 21st, '06, 00:47

Oh, and speaking of symbolism, I really enjoyed Nao's classroom scenes :lol Dear, dear, those quotes on the blackboard.... :D I absolutely loved the script writer's choices!!! :P :wub: :lol

And I do remember about the mittens, I was just asking for a translation of Hiroto's line... :P I may be old, but not that old that I'd forget something like that, you know :P (j/k :-) )
Thank you for so kindly providing us with that very exact timing, and illuminating us all on the very difficult and puzzling symbolism of the scene :P (still kidding, not trying to get at you TG3-san! :-) )

babakubo

Post by babakubo » Dec 21st, '06, 05:17

Just curious, I made some predictions about this series before it aired way back on page 1 of this thread, and now that the show's over, can anyone check how accurate they were? I don't mind being spoiled since I won't get around to this series for awhile, but you probably wanna use spoiler tags anyway. ;)

madguitarist

Post by madguitarist » Dec 21st, '06, 15:38

I kinda liked the ending... but I had other ideas how it could have ended of much better.
They really should have kissed!!! Like seriously! It would be perfect, after they hug and all, den end with a long smooch, and the rest catching up to see their romantic reunion and stand aside feeling happy for them.

Coz I think most of us wont care abt the suitcase once we see em kiss n make up. LOL. But I think the scriptwriter had to make a point abt always looking for stuff when he is with her. lol. cute in a way. But I rather have them kiss. that's not the first time I said it i realise. haha.
yup yup. that's what i think. anymore ideas???

all in all a great drama though. though I really wanna see more of kame-chan.

fastat3m

Post by fastat3m » Dec 21st, '06, 20:25

ushiushi wrote:Just curious, I made some predictions about this series before it aired way back on page 1 of this thread, and now that the show's over, can anyone check how accurate they were? I don't mind being spoiled since I won't get around to this series for awhile, but you probably wanna use spoiler tags anyway. ;)
Pretty much, your predictions were wrong.
1. Nao's family was against it but they were not completely against it at the beginning. They were really against it at one point of the show though. Hiroto's mom was against it from the beginning. So, you were wrong.
2. You were right about Nao's family but Hiroto's family was not comical at all.
3. The parents were not really ever persuaded because she eventually became independent at the end. She no longer relied on her parents financially, so her parents seem to trust her decisions. There was not a major crisis for the parents during the show, just a crisis in their relationship during the show.
4. well, she didn't die so you were 75% wrong there.
So, pretty much your predictions were really off, but it is hard to make predictions off of one episode or a description of a show. Good thing you didn't bet anyone though.
[/spoiler]

fastat3m

Post by fastat3m » Dec 21st, '06, 20:27

madguitarist wrote:I kinda liked the ending... but I had other ideas how it could have ended of much better.
They really should have kissed!!! Like seriously! It would be perfect, after they hug and all, den end with a long smooch, and the rest catching up to see their romantic reunion and stand aside feeling happy for them.

Coz I think most of us wont care abt the suitcase once we see em kiss n make up. LOL. But I think the scriptwriter had to make a point abt always looking for stuff when he is with her. lol. cute in a way. But I rather have them kiss. that's not the first time I said it i realise. haha.
yup yup. that's what i think. anymore ideas???

all in all a great drama though. though I really wanna see more of kame-chan.
I'm glad they had the suitcase thing. It was a great moment watching them running after the bus.

babakubo

Post by babakubo » Dec 21st, '06, 20:50

fastat3m wrote:
ushiushi wrote:Just curious, I made some predictions about this series before it aired way back on page 1 of this thread, and now that the show's over, can anyone check how accurate they were? I don't mind being spoiled since I won't get around to this series for awhile, but you probably wanna use spoiler tags anyway. ;)
Pretty much, your predictions were wrong.
1. Nao's family was against it but they were not completely against it at the beginning. They were really against it at one point of the show though. Hiroto's mom was against it from the beginning. So, you were wrong.
2. You were right about Nao's family but Hiroto's family was not comical at all.
3. The parents were not really ever persuaded because she eventually became independent at the end. She no longer relied on her parents financially, so her parents seem to trust her decisions. There was not a major crisis for the parents during the show, just a crisis in their relationship during the show.
4. well, she didn't die so you were 75% wrong there.
So, pretty much your predictions were really off, but it is hard to make predictions off of one episode or a description of a show. Good thing you didn't bet anyone though.
[/spoiler]
Thanks! I'm actually glad I was wrong because I was hoping this show wasn't as by-the-numbers as some pure love romances are these days. Will try to watch it in the next few months.

TG3

Post by TG3 » Dec 21st, '06, 22:24

I think it's kind of fitting that Eriko Kitagawa wrote a "jun ai story in which no one dies" considering one of the first extremely popular ones to do it (kill someone off) was her "Beautiful Life."

kyosak

Post by kyosak » Dec 22nd, '06, 20:59

Disappointing ending IMO.

evil_zai

Post by evil_zai » Dec 23rd, '06, 01:20

fastat3m wrote:
I'm glad they had the suitcase thing. It was a great moment watching them running after the bus.
i liked that part too. it kinda made me sigh, seeing them all running after it. made the mood all light and feel-good.

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Dec 23rd, '06, 01:41

I'm really glad there are others who liked that bit! :D

I remembered I had a question about an earlier episode... It's about when Hiroto and Nao meet at the Yokohama port and they go on the boat. Could someone please explain to me how the time of day works at that scene?! Oh, maybe it's even better if we started earlier, when Nao is still at Ayuta's place...

As I understand it, she spends the night there? And when she gets the phonecall it's the afternoon? But it looks like she hasn't slept at all... she is kinda in the same position as when Ayuta went out... How about Ayuta? Was he out for all night and all morning?

When Nao meets Hiroto, if I remember correctly, it's supposed to be 3 o'clock, right? But that light does not look at all like afternoon light, much more like the morning.... (I shouldn't be talking, though, 'cause I have absolutely no idea what the light in Japan looks like, except from the doramas... XD )

Oh and while we are at it, could someone tell me please, what hour does the sun rise in Japan? 'Cause I was thinking, maybe Nao and Hiroto actually meet at 3 in the morning... Forgive me if this thought sounds really stupid... XD Anyway, I'd appreciate it a lot if someone could explain it all a bit! Arigato!

YamapisWifey

Post by YamapisWifey » Dec 25th, '06, 11:22

finally watched all the eps i downloaded from 1 - 10!

it was OK drama. some of the scenes were just too repetitive and almost dragged. i'm glad it ended at 10 >_> I did like all the mushy parts though, when i'm sitting on the edge of my seat saying kiss kiss already and they do! And some of you guys were right, all the cliches and predictions were there except nao dying. if they had made nao died, they would have gotten that actress that plays terminally ill patients, erika something from 1 litre of tears. =P

Kame is so much hotter with black hair ne?!!

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Dec 25th, '06, 18:48

^ Ayase Haruka was the ultimate terminally ill patient in SekaChuu... I totally thought she would die :lol

3 Yamashita avatars in row, this place scares me :fear:

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Dec 25th, '06, 20:01

8thSin wrote:3 Yamashita avatars in row, this place scares me :fear:
:lol LOLZ!!!!! Yeap, well I do love Kame too :wub: Sorry, going really off-topic here
but the very first thing I saw Kame in, other than photos, was the Seishun Amigo PV, and maaaan I only had eyes for him!!! :goggle: XD This other guy, whoever he was, was only taking up screen time I didn't know why: he did not impress me much in any way: for me it was Kame, Kame, Kame and his seductive eyes and dance moves! :wub:

Well but then I saw Nobuta and Yamapi started to really grow on me... by the end of Nobuta and after seeing the Daite Senorita pv for the first time, I was converted :lol Not that the Kame-love has diminished in any way, no :P
I think Kame does a great job in Tatta Hitotsu of being a believable poor, hard-working guy, his beautifully plucked eyebrows notwithstanding! XD That just shows what a good actor he is. And black hair really suits him, that's true
as it does Yamapi, of course!! :lol
Btw, no one has got any answers for my questions related to the time in episodes 8-9?? :unsure:

dramatiqu3

Post by dramatiqu3 » Dec 25th, '06, 23:02

Liantasse wrote:[
but the very first thing I saw Kame in, other than photos, was the Seishun Amigo PV, and maaaan I only had eyes for him!!! :goggle: XD This other guy, whoever he was, was only taking up screen time I didn't know why: he did not impress me much in any way: for me it was Kame, Kame, Kame and his seductive eyes and dance moves! :wub:

Well but then I saw Nobuta and Yamapi started to really grow on me... by the end of Nobuta and after seeing the Daite Senorita pv for the first time, I was converted :lol Not that the Kame-love has diminished in any way, no :P
I think Kame does a great job in Tatta Hitotsu of being a believable poor, hard-working guy, his beautifully plucked eyebrows notwithstanding! XD That just shows what a good actor he is. And black hair really suits him, that's true

Btw, no one has got any answers for my questions related to the time in episodes 8-9?? :unsure:
Haha...I first saw them both in Nobuta, but to be honest, I didn't think any of them were really that attractive. Kame's eyebrows scared me, as did Akira in general. But much like everyone else, at the end of the series, I was pretty much in love with Yamapi... and have been since :wub:

Back on topic, YES! Black-haired Kame is awesome! And despite what alot of other people say, I think he did really well portraying Hiroto :thumleft: He sorta reminds me of Squall from Final Fantasy VIII. Maybe thats why :lol

Oh, and I second that request, regarding the questions about the time in Japan. I was kinda confused myself, but I just figured they just stayed on the boat for a couple of hours(?) or made several trips XD lol

mun78

hey you guys

Post by mun78 » Dec 25th, '06, 23:21

well, if you want to know about the time, basically they went on the boat for a couple of trips , and im guessing that boat has trips the whole day, something like a ferry ride. I think in one part of that 'break-up' scene, they talked about the boat going back to shore, so yeah. lol.

I really liked this drama , from beginning to end. Kazuya Kamenashi did a good job acting like a poor guy, who didn't go to college, working really hard, and providing for the family. The mother did a good job as well, acting like a depressed pig. :lol Toda Erika, I saw her in Nobuta wo Produce , and I've been in love with her since :wub: . I heard she was really good in the second movie for Death Note. Check her out. Haruka Ayase (Kame's girl in the drama), all i have to say is that the way she talks and the way she dresses reminds me of food. I don't know why :lol . I just feel like eating everytime I see her. She's hot too, if you ever checked her gravure pictures :mrgreen:

Koki was funny. And that other guy that was Hiroto's (Kazuya's) friend, he was good too acting like the left-out person. Everyone did good on this drama overall. They really picked the right actors and there was alot of chemistry. The director shall be praised. :thumright:

dramatiqu3

Re: hey you guys

Post by dramatiqu3 » Dec 25th, '06, 23:40

mun78 wrote:well, if you want to know about the time, basically they went on the boat for a couple of trips , and im guessing that boat has trips the whole day, something like a ferry ride. I think in one part of that 'break-up' scene, they talked about the boat going back to shore, so yeah. lol.
Lol, that's what thought! Thanks for clarifying that ^^

Also, it it just me, or does Ayuta (Hiroto & Kou's friend) look sorta like one of the guys from the variety show, "Gaki no Tsukai" ? :blink

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VFnsvNA4sIA

I have no idea what the comedian's name is, but he reminded me alot of Hiraoka Yuuta in the show. (only a slighty retarded version) Just an observation lol.

EDIT: I think his name's Endo :lol

L4E

Post by L4E » Dec 28th, '06, 18:19

I have finished watching this Drama few days ago..

I really like it! the story and the acting were great.. and I also like the ending!

but I fail to understand the people who said that the ending was predictable! :scratch:

I mean, until the second half of episode 9 ...
I wasn't even hoping for a happy ending but a less tragidic one

Even after the mom talked to that guy I didn't expect him to be the one to take the initiative to break up..
I was really hoping that Nao will see the xmas present someway but I didn't see that coming
When yuko called Hiroto and he ran there.. I didn't expect him to find a letter and not Nao

Ok, when he ran to the station I almost expected everything that will happen.. but I can't say that it was predictable because I predicted it five minutes before it ended!

When Nao told the driver she is getting off I was already thinking about her bag.. but , oh well..

Anyway, I really wanted them to kiss there.. like calling in my heart, com'on kiss kiss.. lol but it's ok.. they just started again.. I'm sure there will be lots of it and I don't have to see it..

but really.. am I just naive or there are people who predicted everything in the final episode at least.. even Nao being in the hospital in the third year didn't come to my mind!

mun78

hey

Post by mun78 » Dec 29th, '06, 16:02

L4E wrote:I have finished watching this Drama few days ago..

I really like it! the story and the acting were great.. and I also like the ending!

but I fail to understand the people who said that the ending was predictable! :scratch:

I mean, until the second half of episode 9 ...
I wasn't even hoping for a happy ending but a less tragidic one

Even after the mom talked to that guy I didn't expect him to be the one to take the initiative to break up..
I was really hoping that Nao will see the xmas present someway but I didn't see that coming
When yuko called Hiroto and he ran there.. I didn't expect him to find a letter and not Nao

Ok, when he ran to the station I almost expected everything that will happen.. but I can't say that it was predictable because I predicted it five minutes before it ended!

When Nao told the driver she is getting off I was already thinking about her bag.. but , oh well..

Anyway, I really wanted them to kiss there.. like calling in my heart, com'on kiss kiss.. lol but it's ok.. they just started again.. I'm sure there will be lots of it and I don't have to see it..

but really.. am I just naive or there are people who predicted everything in the final episode at least.. even Nao being in the hospital in the third year didn't come to my mind!

yeah i certainly didn't think the show was predictable, so many things happened in between. Like, I didn't think Hiroto would break up with Nao. I thought he would fight with her until the end. Also, I didn't think that Koki would marry a fat ass girl instead of Yuko lol. That was deadly surprising. Also, the fact that Nao was going to marry that employee, that was sickening. I mean, she didn't want to marry him at first, why would she do that later :cussing: . lol. The bag thing in the end, certainly unpredictable, but I realized that it was a problem, the moment Nao left that bus lol. Good ending , with everyone running for the bus. This is a quality drama, there is no way else to put it lol. :w00t:

lemonguy

Post by lemonguy » Dec 30th, '06, 02:25

Im glad that I have came across this site and start my interest in Japanese dramas. Actually the show that started everything is 1 litre of tears which I watched on youtube. From there on, I started to download a few dramas that ppl recommended and have not regret any shows that I watched.

I cant contribute anything but Im really thankful for the ppl that uploaded and sub the dramas and all the comments.

I have just watched finish this dramas today and I like the ending, its not anything that I expected but I completely understand it. Nice setup, from the way Hiroto narrated his 1st love to the present time and the ending. And I like the cast, although I thought the short guy dun seem to fit with Erika Toda. I mean they are better off as friend its been their 1st love.

BTW does anyone know who sing the english in the background? I believe I read from somewhere the name is cool whispers and where I can get the MV or song?

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Dec 31st, '06, 00:11

lemonguy, welcome to the forums, and I'm glad you liked this series!

Here is Cool Whispers for you, please enjoy! I don't think there's an MV for it yet, but you can download the whole soundtrack of the drama from the torrent posted here at d-addicts: it's worth it!! Really beautiful music.

About the singer: it has been hotly discussed on this thread XD, but so far I for one have no idea who the lady is! I know one thing for sure, that it's NOT Celine Dion :P If someone has found out anything else in the meantime, please let us know too! I'm also still very curious about the other language she uses in one of the song versions on the OST.

lemonguy

Post by lemonguy » Dec 31st, '06, 00:31

Thanks for the link, Liantasse, and yeah if anyone know whose the singer is pls let us know.

Julian917

Post by Julian917 » Jan 7th, '07, 10:41

I thought the ending could have been better if he somehow retrieved the ring he made for her since he spent all that time making it (and it was also on the cover of the dvds)

ending did seem rushed... i want to see more.

but drama had really nice production, seemed like a 8 hour movie rather than a television drama.

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Jan 12th, '07, 10:49

Hehe seen 9 eps this far and I love it. Not the usual corny Japanese drama.

Time to watch ep10 xD

funki3

Post by funki3 » Jan 12th, '07, 10:59

man, i'm so behind. i've still ony seen the first episode of it. i loved it immediately after, but i haven't been able to watch it recently cause of school. in the meantime, i've been killing myself with spoilers. but damn, does it look awesome. and i love kame in this. his character's just too endearing.

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Jan 12th, '07, 16:06

Just saw the final ep.

<333

MoonKnight

Post by MoonKnight » Jan 13th, '07, 06:41

I had this sitting on my hard drive for a while, but I never got around to watching it. I finally sat down and watched it, and I enjoyed it. I saw the entire 10 episodes in about three days. It was all pretty endearing.

I'm glad they didn't do something cheesy like having Ayuta try to go with Nao other than what they did do in the drama.

imissjpn

Post by imissjpn » Jan 15th, '07, 02:18

does anyone have the theme song for this drama?? its called Bokura no Machi de by KAT-TUN. i'm looking for the drama version not the cd single version. (lyrics are veery different thats why) thanks!

snowbug

Post by snowbug » Jan 15th, '07, 19:24

I really loved this series up until the point they made the "let's jump a few years to the future" thing.

I hate it when they do that. It just completely kills the mood for me.

pasv

Post by pasv » Jan 24th, '07, 05:30

I just finished watching this. I really liked Ayase in this. Although i'd rather see the Nobuta Wo Produce pairing of Toda Erika and Kamenashi ^^;;

Kame never diasappoints. :-P I wish he played more comedy roles though. He always looks so sad in most of his dramas. shou ga nai.

It was a good jdrama.
(PS: Im surprised Hiroto could run that much O_O, he must have ran 50 miles throughout the whole drama)

babyviolet

Post by babyviolet » Feb 1st, '07, 20:10

Anyone can help me get direct download for ep 2 - 5, please???????? I'll really appreaciate it, thanks in advance.