Fantastic Couple (MBC, 2006)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Koga1

Fantastic Couple (MBC, 2006)

Post by Koga1 » Oct 11th, '06, 20:06

The writers of My Girl and Choon-hyang came up with a new series, Fantastic Couple, starring Han Yeseul and Oh Jiho.

That series is a re-make of the Goldie Hawn - Kurt Russell movie 'Overboard', released on 1987.

Naturally Han Yeseul (who had lived in the US before) takes the Goldie Hawn role.

In the original movie Goldie Hawn, a spoiled heiress, ends up taking care of Kurt Russell's four boys after losing her memory. To make it more palatable to Korean audience, in this drama the boys are not the man's son, but nephews.

In typical passion of the writers, two more original characters appear, Kim Sungmin (aka Kim Sungtaek), playing Han Yesle's husband, and Park Hanbyul.

Synopsis:

Anna Cho (Han Yeseul), the bratty daughter of a rich Korean-American developer, goes to Korea to find her henpecked Harvard-educated husband Billy Park(Kim Sungmin), who was not returning back to US for a long time.

In the process she meets Jang Chulsoo (Oh Jiho), a handyman who was raising three nephews.

Chulsoo is not a typical K-drama male lead; he is very money-hungry, and is something of a con man. After some incidents, Anna loses her memory and ends up in Chulsoo's place, where the story develops.

The name Anna Cho (pronounced Anna Joh, which in Korean custom becomes Jo-anna) is a play on Goldie Hawn's character Joanna Stayton in the original Overboard.

fu22bu22

Post by fu22bu22 » Oct 11th, '06, 20:59

wow ... sounds very interesting ... :)

VTTK

Post by VTTK » Oct 12th, '06, 01:43

hm...interesting

snooopy06

Post by snooopy06 » Oct 12th, '06, 08:08

looks interesting
hope it is alright

thislove

Post by thislove » Oct 23rd, '06, 03:23

Wow sounds interesting

autuymnrain
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by autuymnrain » Oct 26th, '06, 01:10

im waiting for the subs to see this drama too :D

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Oct 26th, '06, 18:50

So how do you all like this drama?

I have to say that, after 2 and a half episodes (and a half because I am the timer for the first half of episode 3 :D ) I am already quite addicted to this drama. Love the music, love Chul Soo and love the different plot. A money-hungry man, that's something new!

Han does a splendid job as a spoiled heiress, I think. :-)

Ssang

Post by Ssang » Oct 27th, '06, 02:14

^ I love this drama.. It's going great so far (i've watched 2 episodes). I hope it becomes popular.

I like the two main characters a lot. I agree about the music. The music director seems to know what he's doing. The cinematography has its moments too.

If there were a "best voice" category I'd vote for Han Yeh Seul. I suppose it's all subjective anyway but I love the timbre of her voice for some reason. Her english is very good as well.

anhnie

Post by anhnie » Oct 27th, '06, 02:24

o0h sounds interesting..hope this series gets subbed soon!

Suzumi

Post by Suzumi » Oct 27th, '06, 03:48

I had seen the movie a while back and liked it very much, so I'll be looking very forward to the drama take on it~

:D

Koga1

Post by Koga1 » Oct 28th, '06, 02:03

Han Yeseul's real name is Leslie Kim. She began using her current name from 2004.

She was born in the United States, and her first language is English, not Korean. So she can watch the original Overboard and capture the heroine's feelings even better than the writers themselves.

She became known in Korea by winning a model contest, in which Lee Jihye, better known as Han Jihye of Sweet 18, was the runner-up. As a result they have become friends, and because Han jihye had adopted Han as her stage surname, Leslie also took the same surname as her stage name.

HONGRY

Post by HONGRY » Oct 28th, '06, 02:14

ahha this kdrama is SOO FUNNY haha me and my sister cant stop laughin .watched the first 2 ep. lokking forward to the rest if the subs to be out!

Saragorn
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Saragorn » Oct 28th, '06, 04:04

OK, I'm loving this. I've seen Overboard a couple of times, and I couldn't believe they were adapting it into a Korean drama. I've been hooked, and I used this to lure in my Jdrama-loving friend. :D I can't wait to get the OST to this; I love the songs they use, too.

Bam-Bam

Post by Bam-Bam » Nov 2nd, '06, 01:54

Wow, writers from My Girl?!!

Anyone working on subs for this series?

secret201

Post by secret201 » Nov 2nd, '06, 02:14

Bam-Bam wrote:Wow, writers from My Girl?!!

Anyone working on subs for this series?
Wow, are you still interested in K-stuff? hahahahaha..

kaasbris

Post by kaasbris » Nov 4th, '06, 04:10

OMG, this drama is so funny! I never thought for me to like such snobbish girl(HYS) !!! :D

theedqueen

Post by theedqueen » Nov 5th, '06, 01:50

Hey I thought I'd let you guys know that I'm currently reviewing this drama at my site. You can find them here:

http://www.still-frames.net/goong/reviewsfc.html

so far I've only gotten episodes 1 and 2 done since those are the only subs that are out currently. I've also done reviews for Goong, Full House, and My Girl if any of you are unfamiliar with my work.

And my friend, Apple, is also doing some stuff at her site too:

http://www.still-frames.net/koreandrama/

click on "Fashion" and the "videos" section to see her fantasy couple related stuff.

hope you enjoy :thumright:

Elissa

Post by Elissa » Nov 7th, '06, 09:50

Hi theedqueen,
you have a really good stuff in your site :w00t: " impressive".. thank you for the links :lol
I admire your work in the site and the layout is amazing..good luck :salut:

pennylanechic

Post by pennylanechic » Nov 22nd, '06, 16:12

i really love this series. it's really funny and it already made me cry a couple of times.

sidepo

I have a resource page on Fantasy Couple

Post by sidepo » Nov 22nd, '06, 18:14

I have a drama club at us.cyworld.com

I posted several links to clips.

Feel free to visit

http://club.us.cyworld.com/club/clubmai ... 8000002772

gougz

Post by gougz » Nov 22nd, '06, 21:50

I LOOOOOOVETHIS SHOW :D :D

pennylanechic

Post by pennylanechic » Dec 2nd, '06, 02:05

love it! one of the best dramas of 2006 imo..

mist1105

Post by mist1105 » Dec 2nd, '06, 10:28

i admire the main character. shes rich. shes bitchy. and shes honest. total role model for me x) lol. im halfway there.just need to get rich haha. x)

although compared to my girl... i think im liking my girl a lot more, but sitll a good drama nonetheless

alecs

Post by alecs » Dec 2nd, '06, 13:07

can anyone tell me where i can dl this drama? clubbox links?

gougz

Post by gougz » Dec 2nd, '06, 15:24

http://clubbox.co.kr/WITHS2CB 8)
very very good show, i love it, but don't forget to mention the quality of the team which is subbing it
BRAVO :cheers:

alecs

Post by alecs » Dec 2nd, '06, 23:46

thanks for the link.

like what you said, this group is awesome. like all subbing team here in d-daddicts are.

skachild

Post by skachild » Dec 3rd, '06, 15:11

what a great drama... spend my all evening watching this drama from the 1st ep to ep12 with sub.... love the cast... love the story.... definitely one of my fav drama..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ami_chiyuri

Post by ami_chiyuri » Dec 4th, '06, 02:42

do you guys know where i can download this series wih eng sub.
i`m interested to watch it... :wub: any send space?/

melz

Post by melz » Dec 4th, '06, 04:01

I LOVE this series!! I just started watching it this weekend and I can't stop. The casting in this show is just great, I love the main characters.

skachild

Post by skachild » Dec 4th, '06, 04:16

ami_chiyuri wrote:do you guys know where i can download this series wih eng sub.
i`m interested to watch it... :wub: any send space?/
try look it in soompi....

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=85677

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Dec 4th, '06, 20:32

Wah, cool, skachild, you're watching KDrama. :lol I remember when there were only JDramas in your signature... it's great, since KDramas were definitely better than JDramas this year, while it was the opposite in 2005.

kill_mart

Post by kill_mart » Dec 8th, '06, 05:57

amagawd!!! i just started this watching this series a while ago. i've watched up to ep 4 xDD this is so very funny!!! xDDD especially the scene when Jang Chul Soo accidentally removed his towel. xDDD

Haine

Post by Haine » Dec 9th, '06, 01:23

same writter of My Girl and Chun-yang ????
omg !!! these were my favorites dramas !!!!!!
how many of episodes are out until now ?

Elissa

Post by Elissa » Dec 9th, '06, 06:42

Hey Haine :cheers: ,
if you asking about Fantasy couple, there are 14 episodes until now :-) and it is amazing and hilarious drama :thumright: .. you MUST watch it..by the way, your sign is wonderful and very nice :mrgreen: because it includes LEE JUNKE :wub: .... I love this guy XD :heart:
nice meeting you :salut:

Haine

Post by Haine » Dec 9th, '06, 17:50

thank u, Elissa !!!!! ^^

your sign is really nice too !!! se7en.... :wub: !!! cute guy and he sings really well !!! XD

btw, is the drama more funny and famous than My Girl ?? I'm downloading Fantastic couple right now on clubbox...gonna come back after watching it !!

skachild

Post by skachild » Dec 9th, '06, 18:22

Néa Vanille wrote:Wah, cool, skachild, you're watching KDrama. :lol I remember when there were only JDramas in your signature... it's great, since KDramas were definitely better than JDramas this year, while it was the opposite in 2005.
wow... u remember my sig.... :lol
yup... use to watch alot of j-dorama then k-drama... starting to watch j-dorama after watching spring waltz... this drama really make me sick to watch anymore k-drama... the influence of this drama is qiut hard on me.... coz this drama really sucks..! make me feel that all k-drama is not good

but now... my addiction to k-drama have back... with the drama like fantasy couple, its hard for me to resist anymore for k-drama... hahaha.... :lol:
see my sig, full of k-drama list hehehe... :cheers: :cheers:

btw.. does anyone know where i can download the OST... the link for this ost at AsianOST forum was broken(unable to connect)... and i cannot download it at soompi... dunno whats wrong... :cry: :cry: :cry:
can someone upload the OSt at d-addicts torrent or post a link that have this OST.. :roll
Haine wrote:tbtw, is the drama more funny and famous than My Girl ?? I'm downloading Fantastic couple right now on clubbox...gonna come back after watching it !!
for me... its more funny then my girl... just cannot stop laughing when u watching this drama... :lol :lol :lol
more famous then my girl??? i dunno... but the rating wasn't good enough.. except for the last few episode... more then 20% viewers... base on what i read in wiki.

kjchien

Post by kjchien » Dec 11th, '06, 22:40

yeah this is better and funnier than my girl.

waiting_420

Post by waiting_420 » Dec 12th, '06, 12:30

kjchien wrote:yeah this is better and funnier than my girl.
better than my girrrl???? reeeeeli? :w00t:

mist1105

Post by mist1105 » Dec 12th, '06, 16:57

um.. i think my girl was funnier.. lol, but this drama is good too. :) yay WITH S2 for subbing. just one more episode =)

Haine

Post by Haine » Dec 13th, '06, 00:02

I have finish the first episode and half of the second T___T

and that's not bad !!! it's funny, but I will prefer My Girl and maybe Chun-Hyuang...
but I have not seen enough of the story to judge it now !! ^^
will come back again after epidoe 5-6 ! :lol

( I don't really like the two guys...)

autuymnrain
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by autuymnrain » Dec 13th, '06, 00:14

Haine wrote:I have finish the first episode and half of the second T___T

and that's not bad !!! it's funny, but I will prefer My Girl and maybe Chun-Hyuang...
but I have not seen enough of the story to judge it now !! ^^
will come back again after epidoe 5-6 ! :lol

( I don't really like the two guys...)
it's just as good. i think you'll change your mind :D

sshlady

Post by sshlady » Dec 13th, '06, 05:57

i fell in love with jang chul soo..he's so hot.i watched this one because of the lady,i forgot her real name..haha sang shil was doing great in nine tailed fox and i thought i should give her a shot in this series.i dont really like jang chul soo at first.but hey, i cant stop laughing at his character.i think my girl is better but this one isnt so bad.i like sang shil's husky voice.it sounded sexy.and she really potrays her character well.oh,and i hate chul soo's ex who's acting fragile and what not.we girls hate that type of girls in real life too. :P

asiangirldee

Post by asiangirldee » Dec 16th, '06, 03:43

sshlady wrote:i fell in love with jang chul soo..he's so hot.i watched this one because of the lady,i forgot her real name..haha sang shil was doing great in nine tailed fox and i thought i should give her a shot in this series.i dont really like jang chul soo at first.but hey, i cant stop laughing at his character.i think my girl is better but this one isnt so bad.i like sang shil's husky voice.it sounded sexy.and she really potrays her character well.oh,and i hate chul soo's ex who's acting fragile and what not.we girls hate that type of girls in real life too. :P
jo anna's/na shang shil's real name is han ye seul.... or somewhere along that line. i love the series nine tailed fox too =D

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Dec 16th, '06, 16:21

I think Fantasy Couple is actually funnier and more stylish than My Girl, but that My Girl was cuter/more adorable. Still, I think I prefer Fantasy Couple. :-)

Jo Anna, fighting!!! :mrgreen:

Stupendousman

Post by Stupendousman » Dec 17th, '06, 08:24

MUCH better than My Girl.

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Dec 17th, '06, 09:52

A lot of good reviews.. and what?! better than My Girl?
I must watch this next. :)

piano_lady

Post by piano_lady » Jan 7th, '07, 02:35

waahhh!!! just finished the series...did it in 2 days -- eps 1-11 on the first day and eps 12-16 on the second day...just so addicting!!

love it !!! love everything about this drama!! this def deserves the best drama award in 2006.

oh yes..good work to the leads (she really plays the spoiled rich heiress role well..he's so good-looking and the smiles and dimples!...and even kang ja is sssooo hilarious!!)

anyways...thanks to the hong sisters for this!!! i LOVE my girl, choon hyang and fantasy couple!!
:wub:

piano_lady

Post by piano_lady » Jan 7th, '07, 03:03

piano_lady wrote:waahhh!!! just finished the series...did it in 2 days -- eps 1-11 on the first day and eps 12-16 on the second day...just so addicting!!

love it !!! love everything about this drama!! this def deserves the best drama award in 2006.

oh yes..good work to the leads (she really plays the spoiled rich heiress role well..he's so good-looking and the smiles and dimples!...and even kang ja is sssooo hilarious!!)

anyways...thanks to the hong sisters for this!!! i LOVE my girl, choon hyang and fantasy couple!!
:wub:
hahaa...don't forget to watch out to the spoof of autumn in my heart (scenes between duek guk's mom and mr gong)...they're really funny!!!!

enjoy!!!

jpwoof

Post by jpwoof » Jan 9th, '07, 21:01

light-heartening. love it.

pencil5678

Post by pencil5678 » Jan 11th, '07, 11:26

this was the first k drama i've ever watched and i loved it!

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Jan 12th, '07, 13:10

Just saw the first two episodes and so far so good! Light hearted, fast-paced, and plenty of funny moments. Let's hope they can sustain this kinda performance throughout the whole series :)

swit_thng

Post by swit_thng » Jan 12th, '07, 14:20

wow..many people say that this is better than my girl.. cant believe it huh.. my girl is my most fave kdrama.. so i must really watch this.. should i give it a try??

jpwoof

Post by jpwoof » Jan 12th, '07, 15:32

there are not that many touching or sweet moments as in My Girl. I would say it is like My Girl for young adults! :)

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Jan 13th, '07, 14:02

kobe23 wrote:Just saw the first two episodes and so far so good! Light hearted, fast-paced, and plenty of funny moments. Let's hope they can sustain this kinda performance throughout the next episode :)
For some reason I always jinx myself when I post comments like that. :(

After a fantastic start, episode 3 was incredibly tedious. The first 15 or so minutes revolved around Anna Jo doing things like cleaning up, washing the dishes, and hanging the clothes on the line; one....at...a...time. Anyone who has seen Full House probably has had enough of household chores for a lifetime.

It's already starting to get repetitive, like those two arguing about the same old crap. Flashbacks have already been used extensively despite being only at episode 3.

Believe it or not, but this was the first time I've contemplated 'fast forwarding' since the middle episodes of 'All In' and some draggy episodes from 'STH'. But I held back and survived, hopefully to watch another (better) episode.

Let's just hope it was one of those one-off episodes. *fingers crossed*

jpwoof

Post by jpwoof » Jan 13th, '07, 18:26

Hey Kobe.. that's how I felt too after Episode 5... I guess I was spoiled too much by My Girl... I felt the drama was rushed but then after finishing the whole series, I thought it was a great one.

Philia

Is Fantastic Couple and Fantasy Couple the same drama?

Post by Philia » Jan 15th, '07, 22:52

The remake of Overboard, love that movie and also love My Girl.

amazin100

Post by amazin100 » Jan 16th, '07, 04:15

Just want to say, great show. Should definitely win an award for best comedy in 2006.

7654321friend

Post by 7654321friend » Jan 18th, '07, 17:27

anybody feels like eating jjajangmyun after watching the show?
:D

tat crazy Kang Ja girl is so funny! she keeps holding on to tat bunch of flowers n waiting for the snow... everytimes she comes up, the whacky music in the backgd plays... haha...
most funny part is the chasing with Anna's husband, n the slow motion running :lol

jpwoof

Post by jpwoof » Jan 18th, '07, 22:43

yes.. kang ja had so many funny moments..
i l like the part when she mimic an answering machine.. and when she sang a song on her birthday.

busyizzy

Post by busyizzy » Jan 18th, '07, 23:23

I think the house chores were necessary to show how unable Anna was at doing ... well, anything. And throughout the series, you see she is actually able to do dishes, to do the laundry, and to cook. I think it's an interesting transition.

I liked how ... more realistic this drama was? Whoever said this was 'My Girl' for adults, I think I agree with this. Little teenie boppers would not appreciate this drama, I don't think. The relationship between Chul Soo and Anna is somewhat a complicated one, and I like how there is no wishy-washy need of Anna between the two men. She couldn't trust Chul Soo at first, but once she liked him, she knew the feelings in herself, and didn't try to deny them. Nor did she try to play the nice girl and step aside for the 'Flower Bouquet Girl' to come and claim Chul Soo as so many other protagonist girls did in the past. Nor did she like her husband ever, which I felt so sorry for him, since his feelings for her were genuine. There was a bit of Chul Soo slipping back and forth between the two girls, but that was expected; who would you pine after, the bitchy girl that you absolutely hated and "hired" as a maid in your house or the sweet innocent first love you had .... but once Chul Soo figured out his feelings for Anna, and realized Anna's feelings for him, he didn't accept the Flower Girl's heart.

Maybe it's just me. Haha.

I also liked what an absolute **** the protagonist was. Who else was getting sick of the always nice, always innocent, always sweet protagonists in K-drama? This girl ... there is no way to describe her but as an absolute selfish ****, and it was nice to see her retain that bitchiness despite losing her memory. And it was nice seeing her stick to her old ways despite being changed. Her change was not a direct 180 flip, but it was the small things like saying "I'm sorry" and "thank you" that really shined.

I really liked the series. I thought it was kindof slow-paced at times. Compared to My Girl, I don't think the humor is usually as .... obvious. I think it's a very subtle kind of humor, in the talking and interactions between the two characters that just come off as amusing and charming, and thus, funny in its own way. I think if you go in expecting another My Girl, you will be disappointed. Just watch it for what it is, and appreciate its own finer moments.

cuteangelika

Post by cuteangelika » Jan 20th, '07, 03:19

My hubby and I are on the 14th episode.. we're just waiting for the 16th ep to finish downloading.. :) I might have to agree that this is even better than my girl. The female lead character is really one of a kind, in fact, i cant compare her to other kdrama female leads. She is just outstanding. Women should be more like her, well, not the bitchy part, but being sincere in what they really feel. Straightforward and honest. And the hubby was hilarious but we also felt kinda sad for him. My husband still wants them to end up together coz they were the ones who are originally married but I think he agrees with me now when I say it's better that she ends up with jang chool soo.. :)

Anyway, im looking forward to the ending. I hope the ending is not disappointing!

Jesette

Post by Jesette » Jan 22nd, '07, 08:11

This series is really great. I enjoyed every episode. Believe me the ending is not disappointing. You're gonna like it.

perfection_001

Post by perfection_001 » Jan 23rd, '07, 02:08

Can somebody PLEASE send me a link to where I can download the series? Please??? I've been looking for it everywhere for a LONG time now, so if you have a link to where I can download it I would REALLY appreciate it!!

jcweex

Post by jcweex » Jan 23rd, '07, 02:29

hi there, you can get the torrents from http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... +all&sort=

enjoy 8)

MizTsukuura

Post by MizTsukuura » Jan 23rd, '07, 07:42

i really like this series a lot!! the story was hilarious.. it has a simple story line. wif sum funny, sad, romantic scene. so NICE!
& i realy love the fashions there. its cute & very chic!! XD
even my mom & sister likes this series [they never like dorama before]. :cheers:

Also, Oh Ji Ho is sooooo cute there. he looked HOT!!
again, my mom think he's gud looking too. hahahahahaha..

:thumright: :thumright:

perfection_001

Post by perfection_001 » Jan 23rd, '07, 23:30

jcweex wrote:hi there, you can get the torrents from http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... +all&sort=

enjoy 8)
Is Fantasy Couple and Fantastic Couple the same thing? o.o;;;;; *confused*

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Jan 24th, '07, 04:13

[img]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/1747 ... tom0oe.jpg[/img]

Fantasy Couple is the funniest k-drama I've ever seen. In fact, the first two episodes could possibly be two of the best episodes I have seen out of any k-drama. Despite that, FC wouldn't even register in my top 5 favorite series. Strange? Let me explain...

You can't have your cake, and eat it too.

Watching Fantasy Couple is like eating a birthday cake all in one go. The first two pieces are delicious, the 3rd piece has lost all of its flavor which made it so enticing in the first place, and the pieces after that just makes you feel like throwing up. Ok, bad analogy, but you get the picture. After a near perfect start, this series just gets worse with time. There is very little plot development from episodes 3 all the way up to 14; with the only major progress being Anna Jo adapting to her new life and "growing a heart". The fact that FC is based on the 1987 movie Overboard doesn't help either. I initially thought there would only be vague similarities, but the main plot is almost identical to the movie. Why they would base a Korean drama after a Hollywood movie is beyond me, considering Korea's writers are superior in every way.

Style over substance

One of the things Fantasy Couple has going for it - besides being very funny - is that it's extremely stylish. For example the scene where Anna's car got bogged down and Jang Chul Soo came out to help her, wearing a hooded overcoat, dragging his shovel on the ground. Another one would be when they were returning eachother's pets with the music 'Bang, Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)" being played as they stood there like they were duelling. Also the 'horror' sequences were very well done; Han Ye Seul looks terrifying as a water ghost. She really should do some horror movies. But other than the stylish sequences, Fantasy Couple really lacks substance. There was nothing that made me yearn for more at the end of each episode; nothing that made me say "ok, I'll do just one more episode before going to sleep". It just wasn't addictive for me. But hey, at least the characters held my interest, right? Right?! Not quite.

Oh Ji Ho is freaking hot!

IMO one of the reasons for FC's bloated ratings in this community is because its male lead, Oh Ji Ho is freaking Ho0o0T! I have to admit, he's a pretty good looking guy. Does he have any western blood? Because he looks a little bit mixed, perhaps just 1/4 or even 1/8. He is a decent actor, but nothing that really stands out. Han Ye Seul is of course, perfect for this role, but honestly, it was not much different from her character in the Nine-Tailed Fox where she also had a cold and bitter role. I dunno, I guess I'm just not that easily impressed, she was good, but nothing to write home about. My favorite character in FC would have to be Kang Ja. She would always rejuvenate this series for me with some of the scenes she was in.

Fantasy Couple or My Girl?

There's been a lot of discussion about whether Fantasy Couple is better than My Girl since they had the same writers. This is an easy one for me, and I would say My Girl is substantially better than FC. My Girl basically has more endearing and memorable characters. The roles played by Lee Da Hae, Lee Dong Wook and Lee Jun Ki will live forever in my memory, but the characters in FC I honesltly care very little for. Of course, this is just my opinion, but FC lacks the kind of color and personality that My Girl had. At the end of My Girl I was left wanting more, but the end of FC left me screaming out "Yes!! Thank god it's over!".

It's not all that bad, is it?

No, of course not. There are enough scenes that will make you laugh or even cry, and if you don't really care about story (or the fact that it's based on Overboard) and if you think Oh Ji Ho is "freaking hot" then chances are you would probably love this series. If none of the above applies to you, then just like me, you might not enjoy it all that much.

Subs by WITHS2

Although I didn't enjoy Fantasy Couple all that much, I want to thank WITHS2 for a fantastic subbing job. It's the best subbing performance I've seen since Episodes 1-12 of Stairway to Heaven. I especially liked the parts where you guys explained what certain words meant. Great effort!

Rating

I give Fantasy Couple 6.5 out of a possible 10.

jpwoof

Post by jpwoof » Jan 24th, '07, 05:25

Great review kobe. You totally put down in words everything that I wanted to say about this drama. What kept me going was Oh Ji Ho.... because he is so freakin hoooot!

You were a little forgiving though in your rating, I would have given it a 6 out of 10.

alexwinter

Post by alexwinter » Jan 24th, '07, 06:21

^
Oh Ji Ho is 100 percent Korean, basically a country boy from a rural part of Korea..

hycin

Post by hycin » Jan 24th, '07, 22:27

alexwinter wrote:^
Oh Ji Ho is 100 percent Korean, basically a country boy from a rural part of Korea..
Sure is.
.[img]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/ ... kidpic.jpg[/img]

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Jan 25th, '07, 00:11

It seems like the mixed look is 'in'. Basically, and forgive me for not having quite an eye, but personally I feel that the real mixed guys like Daniel Henney don't look much whiter than some other actors who aren't. Oh Ji Ho looks pretty mixed, Lee Dong-Wook does, etc. etc. I don't like it, either. I am more attracted to more Asian-looking guys with traditionally Asian features, like the real Korean guys I saw in Korea. :wub:

Oh Ji Ho has a great body, though.. :salut:

anime_freek

Post by anime_freek » Jan 25th, '07, 00:25

Can someone give me a link to dowload Fantastic Couple? The link given before was to Fantasy Couple. Please?????

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Jan 25th, '07, 05:46

@jpwoof

I was going to give it 6/10 but then decided Oh Ji Ho surely deserves half a mark (probably cuz he's so damn hot), so 6.5 it was :thumright:

@alexwinter & hycin

He does indeed look 100% Korean in that photo, but what about this one right here? Almost looks like a 100% westerner.

[img]http://www.arab.fm/image/uploads/5d5547d418.jpg[/img]

Just look at his Italian nose, his defined jawline and eyebrow area (whatever you may call it). Asians generally have a flatter, smoother look. But then again, I must admit most of the good-looking Koreans I've seen so far all have some minor western feautures. I guess that's why most people - including myself - think they're so good looking.

@anime_freek

Fantasy Couple, Couple of Fantasy, Couple or Trouble, Fantastic Couple....it's all the same thing. :goggle:

alexwinter

Post by alexwinter » Jan 25th, '07, 07:06

^
So people have commented on his looking exotic and western and so on..but it's just very obvious that he is not mixed.. he is just exotic looking Korean...even though his nick name is David (sculpture) LOL...

On having fare skin, about 20 percent of Koreans have fare skin like KSW, LDW, KJW.. the majority have yellowish skin like LJK, KJH... another 20percent have darker skin like Lee Hyolee..and having fare skin has nothing to do with having western blood either...I think Koreans have become taller and looked more western as the condition of nutrition got better these days...

bravegoof

Post by bravegoof » Jan 29th, '07, 01:49

When I first watched this drama, I noticed similarity between "overboard" and this drama's story, so I decided not to watch the drama since I basically know what is the story, but maAAnnNN~~ I am glad that i watched the drama because I am totally hooked to the story and also suffering from aftershock when drama has ended. This drama is so good that I am planning to watch 2 episodes again.

Now I am a big fan of Han Ye Sul after the drama ( can't deny the power of drama >_< ), and planning to follow up with her next drama or movie.

KORAJI HA GO NHUN!!!!! BA KHWO!!!