Lovers (SBS, 2006)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
korean_foreva

Lovers (SBS, 2006)

Post by korean_foreva » Jul 22nd, '06, 17:27

Kim Ha Neul (28) and Kim Joo Hyuk (34) are selected to lead the drama “Lovers (연인)” scheduled to be aired by SBS in September. The PD and the script writer of this drama are the duo Shin Woo Chul and Kim Eun Sook (신우철, 김은숙) who have collaborated on “Lovers in Paris” and “Lovers in Prague”, and this drama is the third drama of the “Lovers” series.

The representative of SBS states, “We have decided to invite KJH and KHN to lead this drama. Currently, we are negotiating contracts with them. We expect to see their good performances.” The storylines are based on the 1998 movie “A Promise (약속)” starring Park Shin Yang and Jun Do Yun. However, the original violent portion of gang activities in the movie will be excluded so that TV viewers could enjoy watching this light-hearted comical drama.

yan_ange

Post by yan_ange » Jul 23rd, '06, 12:30

Sounds interesting, where are they filming this one?? are these pictures of this drama up yet?

cherii

Post by cherii » Jul 25th, '06, 11:25

o.0, a new series with kim ha neul! cant wait.

Jesette

Post by Jesette » Jul 26th, '06, 02:07

CHEERS! WOW, CAN'T WAIT TO SEE KIM HA NUEL IN A NEW SERIES. HOPE SOONER!

tortyserox

Post by tortyserox » Nov 13th, '06, 10:41

ahaha~ this Lovers drama seems really nice after watch the 1st episode. cant comment much cus i watched it w/o understanding. any idea if there will be subs for this drama?

waiting_420

Post by waiting_420 » Dec 2nd, '06, 20:21

i've just finished watching ep8... its greeeeeat...
i reckon its better than lovers in paris so far...
can't wait till next epi@@@@

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Dec 2nd, '06, 22:10

waiting_420 wrote:i've just finished watching ep8... its greeeeeat...
really?!?! better than LIP?! whoa.. I must watch this then. :salut:

waiting_420

Post by waiting_420 » Dec 3rd, '06, 04:56

BOGCHI wrote:
waiting_420 wrote:i've just finished watching ep8... its greeeeeat...
really?!?! better than LIP?! whoa.. I must watch this then. :salut:
well well.. maybe its just me that thinks this way..
but the main actor is hotter than the one in LIP!! haha

kikicat

Post by kikicat » Dec 9th, '06, 15:14

any pictures?

chihiro1210

Post by chihiro1210 » Dec 10th, '06, 05:39

I've only watched up to episode 3 and i'm lovin' it.. kim jung eun is very funny with her silly behaviour.. hahah.. i've got myself addicted to it already. Nice! hehe..

here's the official website...
http://tv.sbs.co.kr/lovers2006/

kurenai_19

Post by kurenai_19 » Dec 11th, '06, 05:27

is this show out with sub on torrent yet?

aaadramavr

Post by aaadramavr » Dec 12th, '06, 02:56

Yes some oof the eps are on D-Addicts with eng subs to ep 5. Look for "Lovers"

I am really liking this show. I watched 3 eps straight with subs and even tried ep 6 with out subs. I like Lee Suh-jin in this show. I think he is very convincing with his character. I can't seem to get used to the lead actress though. I find her facial expressions too comical but perhaps that is what is intended. So far the pace is good with enough mystery to keep your interest. Some of the dialogue is a bit confusing with regard to the "business" but all may be cleared up with time.

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Dec 13th, '06, 03:06

Question: Where's the setting for this?
I never heard anything about the setting.. Was it just made in Korea?
'cause Lovers in Paris and Prague were shot outside Korean
I thought it was gonna be shot in Berlin.. but I guess not?

waiting_420

Post by waiting_420 » Dec 13th, '06, 05:06

yeaaaa.. the setting is in korea...

i agreeee,,,, i don't reli like the main actresses overly exagerated expressionss... luckily the main actor is muuuuch better!!! hehee

aaadramavr

Lovers

Post by aaadramavr » Dec 13th, '06, 05:47

If I understood it correctly, I think some of the scenes set on an island iin China (eps 3&4?). The island name was Hainan I think. Some kind of fancy resort with a lot of foriegn visitors. :-)

waiting_420 those are some nice pics you posted

I will probably have to watch some of the first few eps again to understand some of the tntrigue. But like why was the lead actress fired from the hospital? Just for taking a leave for a few days? or was she just too ethical?

waiting_420

Re: Lovers

Post by waiting_420 » Dec 14th, '06, 05:19

aaadramavr wrote:If I understood it correctly, I think some of the scenes set on an island iin China (eps 3&4?). The island name was Hainan I think. Some kind of fancy resort with a lot of foriegn visitors. :-)

I will probably have to watch some of the first few eps again to understand some of the tntrigue. But like why was the lead actress fired from the hospital? Just for taking a leave for a few days? or was she just too ethical?

haha.. yea... that Hainan island is also called ''china hawaii""??sth like that!!!

i guess she's fired just becuz she's too ethical,, not making money i guess....
i'm on ep.10 waiting for ep11&12 rite now... :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

So far soooo goooood!

Xiah's_Babe

Post by Xiah's_Babe » Dec 16th, '06, 21:26

Wait, so is it KHN or not? Because those pictures don't look like KHN at all... Yeah, I'm really confused now...

asiandreamer117
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: Lovers

Post by asiandreamer117 » Dec 18th, '06, 01:00

waiting_420 wrote:
aaadramavr wrote:If I understood it correctly, I think some of the scenes set on an island iin China (eps 3&4?). The island name was Hainan I think. Some kind of fancy resort with a lot of foriegn visitors. :-)

haha.. yea... that Hainan island is also called ''china hawaii""??sth like that!!!

i guess she's fired just becuz she's too ethical,, not making money i guess....
i'm on ep.10 waiting for ep11&12 rite now... :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

So far soooo goooood!
Hainan Dao is an island south of China. Yeah, in the series Sae Yeon and the others refer to it as the Hawaii of China. It's like a resort place.
Mi Joo was fired probably because she was too ethical and didn't swindle other people's money. But I think the real reason was because that mean boss of hers had always been jealous of her. In a later episode at their class reunion MJ's previous boss is really rude to her... made me want to teach her a lesson.. :crazy:

OOOH... Enjoy 10-12!!!
SOOO Goood!!
I just finished them today!! :w00t:

aaadramavr

Post by aaadramavr » Dec 19th, '06, 06:27

Well because I have to wait for the subs, I am only up to ep 6 but I ahve enjoyed it so far. LSJ loooked good even when he was sick from drinking the soju. But I thought the ending of that ep was so funny when Kang Jae had them turn off the music and turn on the lights in the club. Besides why would she let that guy feel her up when she would have kicked/punched Kang Jae for something way less? I hope this is not a sopiler.

But by the way what was that conversation with Kang Jae and the Chinese Mafia Boss? Something about a parliament member being in Korea was that some kind of code for traitor?

Pnoy11

Post by Pnoy11 » Jan 13th, '07, 19:47

Episode 19 was :w00t: :w00t:

Kai Se Lin

Post by Kai Se Lin » Apr 22nd, '07, 03:27

I finished watching this show. I wonder why no one talks about it yet. THIS IS A REALLY GREAT SHOW!!!! Both thumbs up! I hope more fans will recognize this in the future since this drama is pretty new.

I like this better than Lovers in Paris mainly because of the storyline and the leading actor Lee Seo Jin. He looks really tough in this one as a gangster. I must say that I've fallen in love with his character and also sympathize him for what he's been through. A handsome guy starring in a modern action series. What more do you want? Most of the time, whenever I'm watching other modern Korean Dramas, I'm always seeing the main actors being portrayed as having weak fighting skills. One or two punches and they are down. But this is different. Everyone obeys him like a King and Kang Jae (Lee Seo Jin), himself, can fight very well too. If I was a male, I wish I could be exactly like Kang Jae. His character and acting is better here than in Damo. I barely recognized him as the officer in Damo. The mustache and the beard don't suit him well but he's still handsome. Overall, I would say this series is a job well done out of others. At times, the romance scenes can be sad that will make you cry (at least I did). The last episode was....quite tragic. That's all I will say as I don't want to ruin the fun. Don't miss out the combination of action/romance/comedy featured in this drama! I love it so much that I'm watching it over and over again.

Here are some pictures that I found. Some of them are from the main website and some are from hancinema.net. I've forgotten where I found the other pictures from. I apologize for the lack of crediting.

GO!!! Kang-Jae oppa!!

Image Image

His smile is so cute not to mention the dimple. ^_^

He has great chemistry with Kim Jung Eun. :wub:
This is a nice scene-screencaps made by someone I don't know. This is the episode where the couple are finally able to reveal their affections to each other as boyfriend and girlfriend.

These are pictures from the official site.

I guess that's all for now. I'll try to post more pictures later.

P.S. I really want to download the OST for this drama but I can't find it anywhere. If anyone knows, please help me. I desperately need it. They are what complete the drama as whole.

beertax

Post by beertax » Apr 22nd, '07, 05:21

am I the only one who thinks the leading lady is the crowning achievement of mankind's advancement in the field of plastic surgery? Or that she can perhaps pull off a cosplay better than anyone at an anime convention with her larger than life eyes?

Star42985

Post by Star42985 » Apr 28th, '07, 19:41

i thought that this series was sooooooooooooo good! how do people not know about it yet? The only problem I had with it was the last scene of the last episode....that part when they're on the beach. Who does that? Why bring up the fish thing again? I don't know about anyone else...but that made me laugh out loud.

but it was totally glued to this show......ahh.....nothing like a kdrama marathon....

athens_kl

Lovers OST

Post by athens_kl » May 16th, '07, 08:33

I just want to start downloading this series after all the positive comment y'all gave.
Just for sharing, you can find the OST from www.asianosts.cjb.net.
This site is very cool, contains almost all the OST from either Korean, Chinese or Japanese drama.

cantiara

Post by cantiara » May 30th, '07, 06:54

I just finished watching this series, and... it totally has swept me off my feet. I'm loving it! The story 's very mature, not cheesy, yet funny, and romantic. Mi Joo is cute and smart. Kang Jae is... hawt!! :w00t: damn, he's hot. He's so manly and every time he comes to Mi Joo's rescue, I got swooned over.
My favourite rescue gotta be the one in the back alley with the cheating gangster landlord. It's just too sweet. That and the kissing scenes... wow!
I gotta say that this drama has also been very well casted. All the supporting actors, especially the actor who plays Nam Chang Bae{/i] (the bad guy, if I spell his name right), he's very good. He also played in a movie called Memories of Murder, and he's also a dumbass there haha.

So far, this has been my second favourite Korean drama, after My Lovely Sam Soon.

Edit: Why is this still tagged upcoming?
Last edited by cantiara on Jun 1st, '07, 21:37, edited 1 time in total.

hersheys85

Post by hersheys85 » May 31st, '07, 12:26

I 've just finished watching this series! and i have to say that this is one of the best i've seen so far! Great story, casting, music and everything! not to mention great kissing scenes! :D

athens_kl

Post by athens_kl » Jun 1st, '07, 13:21

I just finished the series today. Two thumbs up :thumleft: :thumright:
The storyline is so mature, so is the actor and actress.
Plus the actor is so hot.
These 2 lead actor/actress are dating in real live, so no wonder the chemistry is so strong between them. :wub:

Nonbirira

WOW!!

Post by Nonbirira » Jul 3rd, '07, 14:05

Just finished this minutes ago and have yet to recover! (And my eyes may take days - too many tears in that last episode!) I LOVE THIS DRAMA! I just started watching it without really having any idea about the story or anything - but I'm SOOO glad I did! I loved it from beginning to end! Why isn't it better known?!!! The writing was strong, the characters were great, the actors were fantastic (not to mention VERY attractive) and the storyline kept me on my toes! Oh, and those kissing scenes...well, finally a drama that makes them believable and quite moving at the same time. (Excuse me while I go fan myself for a bit...) Yes, the very last scene was a bit cheesy but it worked for me - and I will happily forgive the screenwriters because of everything that went on before. BLESS YOUR SCREENWRITER SOULS! Sigh...the only downside of this drama was that it had to end... Darn... Haven't seen any of the others in the Lovers series (Lovers in Paris/Lovers in Harvard). Which should I watch next? Any advice out there?

hikaru181262

Post by hikaru181262 » Jul 5th, '07, 15:18

Oyasuminasai!

Hai! I thoiught not many ppl will watch this drama series. It won an award at last year's SBS' ceremony so I guess it must be one hell of a good drama to be accredied with an award. I remember watchg the first 10 episodes like madness in 1-2 days but did not finish it off. I have never really like Mi-Joo somehow in other series like All About Eve as a news anchor and also Lovers in Paris but LOVERS changes my views of her. I think her actg has improved tremendously. The older Lee Seo Jin too was not a first sight impressive kind but this series kinda of got me changing my way of looking at him. I really hope his dimples are real! He needs to smile more to reveal his attractive dimples! But still at times I think his reactions smacked of stiffness like carved out of wood or stone. Hahaha...........Sorry!

LOVERS has a nice storyline undeniably! And the OST is really great!

Bye!

joyce20176

Post by joyce20176 » Aug 3rd, '07, 21:39

I love this drama, it so goodddd and love the 2 leading actor/actress, they are so cuteee together. So happy that they are real life couple. LSJ is so hott and cool man, KJE is cute.

blissful-me

......................."QUESTION!"

Post by blissful-me » Aug 25th, '07, 04:37

I've just finish watching the drama and I've been wandering...was (rou jin? kang zai's girl friend) was pregnant by him really? :P thx

vasithee

Post by vasithee » Aug 31st, '07, 02:47

Finished this one.

Good one with great shooting ,storyline(moral issue), dialog and the leading actor. The leading actress is also nice to see her bringing cheerful and warm personality to the character. The OST is good too. Hope all the Korean drama fans recognized this one. Great production!

Action/Love/Sorrow/Comedy all in one.: :thumleft: :thumright:
:salut:

Cleo

Post by Cleo » Aug 31st, '07, 20:45

I really really liked this one, and I would recommend it to anyone. It was underrated, because we don't hear much about it, but in fact it was quite appealing.
The two main actors have a great chemistry, and when they have a love scene :wub: , woohh it's so different than the awful lips touchins thing we have most of the time in kdrama.
I wasn't surprised when I heard they were going out in real life.
The girl is funny and touching, coz she has a lot to handle but still she stayed innocent, I think that's what touched the guy.
The main guy is gorgeous, he has two cute dimples it's so sweet :P Plus he's always there for her when she gets in trouble and vice versa, I like it since it's not always the guy saving the girl, he really owes her big time.

SO If you don't know what to watch yet, give this one a try, you won't regret it!! :thumright:

ladyroake

wow

Post by ladyroake » Sep 1st, '07, 02:12

I watched this drama with very little expectations but it took me completely off guard. I abso-positively LOVE this drama.

I finished it a while ago but it's still stuck in my head. His smile, their sweetness. *swoon* This is not exactly a cutesy drama but it's very cute nonetheless. I LOVE the male lead.

The assault was slow and very subtle. I didn't realize how deeply in love until after...

I would recommend this to anyone.

It's a great great series.

I am still humming the song from the ost: confession.

sassywf

Post by sassywf » Sep 17th, '07, 21:39

athens_kl wrote:I just finished the series today. Two thumbs up :thumleft: :thumright:
The storyline is so mature, so is the actor and actress.
Plus the actor is so hot.
These 2 lead actor/actress are dating in real live, so no wonder the chemistry is so strong between them. :wub:
i am on episode 6 and i am so addicted!

so the leading actor/actress are really dating:? wow i didn't know that! maybe that's what made the kissing scenes better :roll

PurpleBlossom

Post by PurpleBlossom » Mar 31st, '08, 21:15

My favorite drama. LSJ is so hot! :wub:

Zealousy

Post by Zealousy » Jul 31st, '08, 00:48

Ohh, This isn't the last Lovers part!
The next one will star Choi Ji-Woo.
It will be filmed near Osaka, Japan.

:D