Recommend J-Dramas (Ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Dec 1st, '06, 08:29

BOGCHI wrote: So you're into.. comedy..
Last Christmas - romantic/comedy.. you'll like it
Attention Please - really funny
It's a bit late in coming, but... thank you very much for the recommendation! I've just finished watching Attention Please, and I loved every minute of it. I had to force myself to watch no more than an episode or two each day, just to savor it for as long as I could. It truly is very, very, very funny! :lol

I've also started watching Last Christmas, though I've only seen the first 3 episodes at this point, and it too seems to be pretty good. I don't find it quite as funny, but it's probably the ~best~ JDrama I've seen in terms of production value and acting (though, to be honest, AP! is right up there too)

Anyway, thanks again! And if anyone else has yet to check out those two series, I highly recommend he or she do so immediately!

daisylya

Post by daisylya » Dec 2nd, '06, 13:22

i recomend lunch queen..yummy food.. :P

babakubo

Post by babakubo » Dec 3rd, '06, 06:07

Can anyone recommend to me ONE jdrama series that doesn't have a hint of romance? Does it exist???

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 3rd, '06, 06:17

ushiushi wrote:Can anyone recommend to me ONE jdrama series that doesn't have a hint of romance? Does it exist???
There are more, but since it's on my mind: Yankee Bokou ni Kaeru

Edit: here are some more (I think... the memory gets fuzzy when it comes down to absolute details like the merest hint of romance :roll)
Odoru Daisousasen
Teru Teru Ashita
Chakushin Ari :lol
Joou no Kyoushitsu
My Little Chef

babakubo

Post by babakubo » Dec 3rd, '06, 06:33

mizune wrote:
ushiushi wrote:Can anyone recommend to me ONE jdrama series that doesn't have a hint of romance? Does it exist???
There are more, but since it's on my mind: Yankee Bokou ni Kaeru

Edit: here are some more (I think... the memory gets fuzzy when it comes down to absolute details like the merest hint of romance :roll)
Odoru Daisousasen
Teru Teru Ashita
Chakushin Ari :lol
Joou no Kyoushitsu
My Little Chef
Thanks mizune! I've seen Joou no Kyoushitsu (I recall the two kids falling in love near the end?) and Odoru Daisousasen (good example! Well . . I think there's some insinuated romance but never gets going thankfully)

I have Chakushin Ari and My Little Chef on my waitlist, and I guess I'll add Teru and Yankee on there too. Glad to hear there's hope . . some drama romances are great, but other times romance pops up where it shouldn't!

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Dec 3rd, '06, 19:00

Neither GTO or Gokusen had any romance... well, maybe a little in GTO but not enough to really count IMO.

And Lunch Queen is indeed very good, sans the cop-out ending of course.

xwishingxmyxstar85x

Post by xwishingxmyxstar85x » Dec 4th, '06, 04:45

Wondering
I was wondering if d-addicts had Bijo Ka Yajuu (The Beauty or Beast/Kiss or Fight?)
with matsushima nanako...i started watching it on my t.v. but then, my t.v. broke for some reason :-( :cry: .....if anyone have any torrents for that please send me a msg! or reply ^^

Recommendations
BUSU WA HITOMI NI KOISHITERU - i think it was the funniest yet cutiest romance story ever! hahaha you wouldnt stop laughin for yearssss.

STAR NO KOI - this is my first jdorama ever watched and its like the BEST. i fell in love with Fujiwara Norika. Very cute funny romance.

TOKYO WANKEI - this drama has like a reallllly deep meaning to it. Its a good romance, good job nakama yukie!

SAPURI - the beginning was a bit awkward....and i didnt like Ito Misaki for acting Minami...but in the end i thought it was a pretty good drama. Its a cute love story.

....hmm thats it for now..
so yeah please reply about Bijo Ka Yajuu cause i think that drama was pretty good!!!

ayeosq

Post by ayeosq » Dec 4th, '06, 12:55

I need recommendation...
Have been addicted to JapDrama since I watch one liter of tears and Taiyou no Uta...
I need some intro to JapDrama that will make you cry...
And of cause th actress as cute as the erika better la...

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Dec 4th, '06, 18:44

They won't all make you cry... but there are some things you just MUST see:

Great Teacher Onizuka
Attention Please
Last Christmas

~___~

That last one might make you cry, though... :crazy:

Hopper

2006 Recommendation

Post by Hopper » Dec 4th, '06, 20:17

ox[:::> #1 Nodame Cantabile <:::]xo
Hilarious, interesting storyline, bizarre and fascinating characters, and great selection of classical music. My all-time favorite. I'm slowly but surely reading/collecting the japanese comic the drama is based on and really impressed with the way it's been interpreted for TV.

Gokusen and GTO was so so for me. The original Gokusen comic is hilarious but the way it was interpreted for TV was ... blah. GTO was better but still blah. Both dramas does have it's moments but not enough to label a favorite. Did anybody else notice they're always running in each Gokusen episode? Or that Oni is always sweating in GTO? ^-^

ushiushi: Might want to checkout Gokusen, hardly any romance except a few characters with crushes and that's about it.

ayeosq

Post by ayeosq » Dec 5th, '06, 01:39

Well thanks for all that...
will try the last christmas...

theskillster

Post by theskillster » Dec 5th, '06, 01:56

Can anyone suggest some great comdeys?

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Dec 5th, '06, 04:52

Just scroll up a few posts.... you'll see plenty. Of course, I'm an idiot too so I'll list them again. XD

Attention Please
My Boss My Hero
Last Christmas
Nodame Cantabile

^--To my knowledge, those are the ~best~ dramas out there in terms of both comedy and overall quality. Watch them. You won't regret it.

quashlo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by quashlo » Dec 5th, '06, 05:15

ayeosq wrote:I need recommendation...
Have been addicted to JapDrama since I watch one liter of tears and Taiyou no Uta...
I need some intro to JapDrama that will make you cry...
And of cause th actress as cute as the erika better la...
Sekai no Chuushin de Ai wo Sakebu
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Sekai_no_Chuu ... _wo_Sakebu
If you liked those two you listed above, I think you will love this one. I'm not a huge fan of Ayase Haruka, but I think she's cuter than Sawajiri Erika.

Beautiful Life
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Beautiful_Life
This one is also very good and will probably make you cry. No teen actress in this one, but otherwise, I think it will be something you might like.

And some darker romances that may or may not suit your taste:

Hoshi no Kinka
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hoshi_no_Kinka

Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Sora_Kara_Fur ... u_no_Hoshi

quashlo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by quashlo » Dec 5th, '06, 05:19

theskillster wrote:Can anyone suggest some great comdeys?
If you like quirky comedy, I strongly recommend all three seasons of Trick.
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Trick
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Trick_2
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Trick_3

theskillster

Post by theskillster » Dec 5th, '06, 13:20

Mwulf wrote:Just scroll up a few posts.... you'll see plenty. Of course, I'm an idiot too so I'll list them again. XD

Attention Please
My Boss My Hero
Last Christmas
Nodame Cantabile

^--To my knowledge, those are the ~best~ dramas out there in terms of both comedy and overall quality. Watch them. You won't regret it.
Hi
Im currently watching My Boss, My Hero and have seen Last Christmas.
Any others?

nyxed

Post by nyxed » Dec 9th, '06, 16:29

Hi, um. ^-^ This is my first post. So far I've watched two dramas, 1 littoru no namida/1 Litre of Tears and taiyou no uta/A Song to the Sun.

It seems I like dramas about girls with uncurable illnesses, played by Sawajiri Erika ;D Are there any more dramas about sick girls? Is that weird of me? T__T Anyway, please recommend things to me, regardless. Ill-fated lovestories and whatnot.

Thanks, and nice to meet you!

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Dec 9th, '06, 16:36

nyxed wrote:It seems I like dramas about girls with uncurable illnesses, played by Sawajiri Erika ;D Are there any more dramas about sick girls? Is that weird of me? T__T Anyway, please recommend things to me, regardless. Ill-fated lovestories and whatnot.
I think you'll like these (Erika is not in any of them though):

Beautiful Life
Kamisama Mou Sukoshi Dake
Sekai no Chuushin de, Ai wo Sakebu

quashlo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by quashlo » Dec 9th, '06, 16:39

nyxed wrote:It seems I like dramas about girls with uncurable illnesses, played by Sawajiri Erika ;D Are there any more dramas about sick girls? Is that weird of me? T__T Anyway, please recommend things to me, regardless. Ill-fated lovestories and whatnot.
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Sekai_no_Chuu ... _wo_Sakebu
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Beautiful_Life

And of course there's Tatta Hitotsu no Koi currently airing... But I would recommend watching "Sekai no Chuushin..." first because I think it's the best out of all of them.

PurEcstasy

Post by PurEcstasy » Dec 11th, '06, 06:30

Hey everyone. This is my FIRST time watching a drama and I'm currently watching 'Flowers for Algernon' and I'm about done with it. I only need about 2 more episodes :( Anyway, after I'm done with this drama, I was wondering if anyone can recommend me some good ones? I'd like them to have Romance and something that will make me bawl like a baby haha :) Please give suggestions! Thanks in advance <3

babakubo

Post by babakubo » Dec 11th, '06, 07:20

PurEcstasy wrote:Hey everyone. This is my FIRST time watching a drama and I'm currently watching 'Flowers for Algernon' and I'm about done with it. I only need about 2 more episodes :( Anyway, after I'm done with this drama, I was wondering if anyone can recommend me some good ones? I'd like them to have Romance and something that will make me bawl like a baby haha :) Please give suggestions! Thanks in advance <3
Ha, your tastes are opposite of mine. ;) 99% of the people answering your question will recommend 1 Litre of Tears, which I still don't believe was that good or sad but it's 1 vs. 100 so eh, you'll probably like it and cry buckets.

Personally, my favorite sad romances are Sekai no Chuushin de . . and Ima Ai ni Yukimasu. Orange Days is also pretty good . . it's overflowing with romance with like a dozen couples going on, but the reason to watch is for the main one.

Scribble

Dramas based on Sengoku Jidai/Warring States period?

Post by Scribble » Dec 11th, '06, 17:17

Thanks to Koei's Samurai Warriors and a trip to Japan, I'm now interested in the Sengoku Jidai era. I would appreciate it if someone recommended me good Dramas/Movies based on this era.

Thanks in advance.

Gozen

Post by Gozen » Dec 11th, '06, 18:54

All the 49 episode Taiga dramas here have subtitles, but be prepared for a lot of downloading! Taiga dramas are a yearly event and cover various aspects in history. From memory, available here are:
Toshiie & Matsu
Shinsengumi!
Musashi
Yoshitsune
this year's is Komya ga Tsuji
also have seen Aoi, three Tokugawa, Lone Wolf TV series and others.

Like you, I'm a huge fan of jidai geki and chambara series and films, sometimes raws are uploaded here but are not subbed, so learning Japanese would help if you are still young enough to be successful!

outcast

will u name yr favorite jdrama here, plzzz

Post by outcast » Dec 12th, '06, 07:01

Hiiii all,
I'm so addicted 2 kdrama, since the day, I saw winter sonata. I already saw, the vineyard man , full house , and my girl.
Now ,I want 2 shift 2 JDrama, if u can help me & name yr favorite JDrama, I will be more than grateful.

x_resa

Post by x_resa » Dec 12th, '06, 07:05

i really liked 1 litre of tear(tear jerker), kurosagi(drama), and nobuta wo produce(comedy).

outcast

Post by outcast » Dec 12th, '06, 07:15

I will check them out for sure, thnx for replying x_resa.
Last edited by outcast on Dec 12th, '06, 07:26, edited 1 time in total.

isbes83

Post by isbes83 » Dec 12th, '06, 07:17

the best jdrama are beach boys, long vacation, GTO (great teacher onizuka), engine, hero, my little chef, shomuni (power office girls in Malaysia), wonderful life, gokusen, mukadono( both 2001 and 2003), my boss my hero, slow dance. combination of teras and laughter. Cheers

outcast

Post by outcast » Dec 12th, '06, 07:34

everyone is talking about my boss my hero, it seem quit nice drama, thnx again isbes83.

EVE_in_BLACK

Post by EVE_in_BLACK » Dec 12th, '06, 08:01

my boss my hero is a great dorama !!!
but u was watching K dorama , that's mean u addict to "heart breaking dorama" so watch 1 liter of tears

outcast

Post by outcast » Dec 12th, '06, 08:12

I like romance-comedy too 7'7'7'7'7'7
Thnx 7abebete

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Dec 12th, '06, 08:15

babakubo

Post by babakubo » Dec 12th, '06, 22:17

Outcast -

I really liked Winter Sonata too: most unintentionally funny show ever. XD

My favorite jdramas are Joou no Kyoushitsu (school drama), Sekai no Chuushin . . (tear jearker romance), TRICK Season 1 (mystery comedy), Odoru Daisousasen (police drama) and Saiyuuki (action comedy). I'm also just about to finish Engine (race-car-orphanage-comedy-drama :P) and that should be squeezed in there somewhere, very good stuff.

My most recent drama rankings and reviews are over here if you're interested :) http://cheesemon.livejournal.com/82113.html

theskillster

Post by theskillster » Dec 13th, '06, 08:14

ushiushi wrote:Outcast -

I really liked Winter Sonata too: most unintentionally funny show ever. XD

My favorite jdramas are Joou no Kyoushitsu (school drama), Sekai no Chuushin . . (tear jearker romance), TRICK Season 1 (mystery comedy), Odoru Daisousasen (police drama) and Saiyuuki (action comedy). I'm also just about to finish Engine (race-car-orphanage-comedy-drama :P) and that should be squeezed in there somewhere, very good stuff.

My most recent drama rankings and reviews are over here if you're interested :) http://cheesemon.livejournal.com/82113.html
Spot on there. Joou no Kyoushitsu and Odoru Daisousasen are gems and I recommend everyone has watched those series at least once :)

H2, Hana Yori Dango, Attack No1, My Boss My Hero are class School related Dramas.

Taiyou no Uta is a nice drama for a bit of romance and some teary moments.

bluedreamer13

Highschool jdoramas

Post by bluedreamer13 » Dec 14th, '06, 02:53

Hi!!!!!!!!!! I really like highschool jdoramas, but I don't really know many besides Nobuta wo Produce and Hana Yori DAngo, could anyone please tell me some really good highschool jdoramas?
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hajime21

Post by hajime21 » Dec 14th, '06, 03:25

I luv those dramas too.
My Boss My Hero is a must.
High School Teacher is a really dark drama with Aya Ueto
A good movie I just watched was Linda Linda Linda

bluedreamer13

Thanks!

Post by bluedreamer13 » Dec 14th, '06, 03:56

Thanks for the suggestions. Does anyone else have others? I loooooooooooooove Attention please! It's soooooooooooooooooooo awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can get subbed torrents at jpopsuki.com! YAY!!!!!!!!!! suggestsion?

bluedreamer13

Post by bluedreamer13 » Dec 14th, '06, 03:58

Is my boss my hero on d-addicts subbed?

omoiyou

Post by omoiyou » Dec 14th, '06, 04:07

the ones i watched so far
my boss my hero
hana yori dango
nobuta wo produce
gto
if you like attention please! maybe you'll like good luck! as well

shama129

Post by shama129 » Dec 14th, '06, 04:08

mmmm highshcool dramas. i'll post the few i can think of right now besides hana yori dango and dragon zakura

1-as malay_tiger said GOKUSEN 1 and GOKUSEN 2 are must see. they are hilarious.added bonus that they inlcude oguri shun, matsumoto jun, kamenashi kazuya and jin and many other hotties

2-Stand Up! hilarious comedy about 4 high school vargins trying to get laid. oguri shun and yamapi (don't know the names of other two

3-water boys-comedy about a bunch of guys in a girl dominated school trying to open up a syncranized swimming team(don't know if i spelled it right :scratch:

4-GTO(great teacher onizuka) pretty good
when i think of more i'll let you know

but if you like highschool dramas u should definatly check out IWGP. its a hilarious comedy. its not exactly high school comedy but its definetly worth checking out. not good with summaries so check it out on drama wikki

and if you like i have other great dramas that i would recommend. let me know if you would like to hear about them

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Dec 14th, '06, 04:20

very much in the wrong section....

Saragorn
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Saragorn » Dec 14th, '06, 06:43

This forum is for subtitles; you should ask around in the jdorama forum here.

Seghal

Post by Seghal » Dec 15th, '06, 00:57

btw
Shinsengumi and Yoshitsune are not set in the Waring States era.

motao

Post by motao » Dec 16th, '06, 04:06

Hi, Scribble and Gozen. I strongly recommnend the following two dramas: Sanada Taiheiki (真田太平記) and Sekigahara (関ヶ原). They are musts for Jidaigeki fans.
Last edited by motao on Dec 18th, '06, 07:17, edited 3 times in total.

taro

Post by taro » Dec 16th, '06, 04:33

Well, just from the words, Sengoku Jeitai came immediately to mind. I can't say it was an awesome movie though. And it's not exaclt a period drama. It's got Jeitai from present Japan being time slipped back to sekigahara.

Wolfsbane68

Post by Wolfsbane68 » Dec 16th, '06, 13:41

Being about Oda Nobunaga, Kunitori Monogatari should fit here. No idea where to find the torrents for it though.

Gozen

Post by Gozen » Dec 16th, '06, 14:34

A minor point possibly peculiar to me (but I doubt it....) Most people interested in the sengoku period will know that it's the warring states period, prior to the Tokugawa Edo period which saw the slow demise of the "active" samurai. They will therefore enjoy Yoshitsune and Shinsengumi! and appreciate their place in history either side of the sengoku period. My interest in Japanese history stops well short of Shinsengumi - nevertheless I thoroughly enjoyed it. Like all TV series, I understand its historical accuracy was limited, but the character development alone made it worth watching. Seeing Shingo from SMAP play Kondo in such a slapstick manner in the early episodes, you had to wonder how he was going to get from that to the person he portrayed at the end of the series. He did it, though, and did it well in my personal opinion.
My own "thing" is the Heian and Kamakura periods during which Yoshitsune was set and although it didn't quite match my personal vision of the tragic tale, it was still enjoyable.
The warring states period is one of the most volatile and interesting in Japanese history and watching other series in different eras can help broaden the understanding of the development of the bushi class from common soldier to elite warrior to impotent, arrogant or humbled figurehead desperate to cling on to past status.
The thing is, those of us who love chambara and jidai geki will usually take whatever we can get, so long as subtitles are available (but even that won't really stop us watching, and a lot of us speak some Japanese). A few decades ago we were lucky if we got to see Seven Samurai at midnight once! Now there's more, but never enough! I think it's right that we all develop our own area of deepest interest, but I don't think we should do that until we have seen all that Japanese history has to offer. History books and television series may present entirely different versions of a well known story, but the television series helps us to visualise the proponents, the clothing, the landscape etc. History books are better for rounding out our knowledge but a lot of people hate reading. It would be a shame if everything you knew about Japanese history came from films and television series, but it's better than computer games!

Youkai

Post by Youkai » Dec 17th, '06, 23:55

OMG ... i want a recomendation but to tell you the true i really don't want to read all those pages ... especially cuz i think it won't help me much to so what someone recomend who does not know what i like so ....

I really loved to watch those :

Ace wo Nerae
Attack No.1
Fumihiko Sori - Ping Pong

Great Teacher Onizuka
Desha Otoko
Ai no Uta
koukou kyoshi
Yanpapa
Virgin Road
Gal Circle
Death Note (Move) [if this is considered a drama]

I watched some more good ones but i forgot :(

P.S. i read that some recomend Orange days ... somehow this is one of the dramas i does not like that much ... no clue why ... i have it since barely a year but i never got to watch more than 4 or 5 episodes of it ...

And i don't really like dramas in other asian languages .... ok if there is one really good i would watch it in korean as well but with chinese ... i all the time get a headache when i hear that language ...

And as well if there is anything with Table Tennis tell me plz :D i play table tennis and i like dramas about it ... btw i like the only one i know (fumihiko sori - ping pong)

theskillster

Post by theskillster » Dec 18th, '06, 01:41

EDIT: Added reasons for watching!
You might want to watch these (Currently on my Hard drive);
Jyoou no Kyoushitsu (MUST SEE! Kids in primary school, Some great child actors, a ruthless and cunning teacher who tries her best to rule her class with an iron fist. Lovely script and directing.)
Odoru Daisousasen (MUST SEE,Comical Detective drama. Detective work is not all action! Aoshima is promoted to a detective but realises that most of the work is done at his desk. Very funny and eye opening)
H2 (MUST SEE,High School, Romance, Baseball based drama. Touchy love triangles in this one and the Baseball scenes add real excitement and tension to a drama with some great young stars in it)
Hana Yori Dango (MUST SEE,High School comedy. Again some great actors and some hearty love triangles as well as being great comedy)
14 Sai no Haha (Family Drama, this drama has some excellent dialog and directing. A almost common situation in the western world these days.)
Byakuyajou (If that is how you spell it)
Gokusen (MUST SEE,High School Drama. Comical and silly at the same time. alot of famous young actors)
Jikou Keisatsu (Police Detective Drama)
Kurosagi (MUST SEE, Con Artist Drama. Great screen play and scripting in this one leaves you on the edge of your seat and you get to see some hot talent!)
Last Christmas (Comedy Romance Drama)
Lunch no Joou (MUST SEE, Food based Comedy. I love this, the lead female is cute and very funny and an all star cast who really gel well together)
My Boss, My Hero (MUST SEE, High School Drama. Again a crazy "gang boss becomes a high school student" kind of comedy where the lead male acts stupid but is totaly funny)
Taiyou no Uta (Romance)
Last edited by theskillster on Dec 22nd, '06, 13:21, edited 1 time in total.

Youkai

Post by Youkai » Dec 22nd, '06, 01:25

possible to write why you like those ?

i could search for a description but opinions of normal viewers would be better i think.

like if its funny or such ?

I like mostly dramas which have fun and heart taking :D

(like at what i am currently watching "Love Generation" which seems to be very good ... at least till now its great ... its funny how the girls is acting and somehow sad what is happening there but you can somehow feel with them ...)

roburn

Post by roburn » Dec 22nd, '06, 07:47

How that Tatta Hitotsu No Koi has ended (nice drama btw). I'm currently without a drarma to watch :O .

Anyone so kind to make me some recommendation for the upcoming season??

Shows that i watch and liked :

Densha otoko
My boss, My hero
Suppli
Tatta Hitotsu No Koi.

I like dramas that feature a touching love story. Preferbly with cute female leads :P. No really ill or sick main actors or actress because i don't like to see people dying. :D
Funny shows are ok but at least some romance like in My Boss, My hero or else it's must really be funny. :-)

Yea, that about all, no need to fulfilled the entire conditions, having certain parts will do. :cheers:

Not too demanding am i ?

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Dec 22nd, '06, 07:59

roburn wrote:How that Tatta Hitotsu No Koi has ended (nice drama btw). I'm currently without a drarma to watch :O .

Densha otoko
My boss, My hero
Suppli
Tatta Hitotsu No Koi.

I like dramas that feature a touching love story. Preferbly with cute female leads :P. No really ill or sick main actors or actress because i don't like to see people dying. :D
Funny shows are ok but at least some romance like in My Boss, My hero or else it's must really be funny. :-)

Yea, that about all, no need to fulfilled the entire conditions, having certain parts will do. :cheers:

Not too demanding am i ?
dramas coming next season?
I don't know if it's any good.. but Hana Yori Dango 2 sounds pretty good...
if you haven't seen the first one.. maybe you should see it.

roburn

Post by roburn » Dec 22nd, '06, 10:38

BOGCHI wrote: dramas coming next season?

Hmm. Is there any types of drama that matches my criteria that is present this season?? :mrgreen:

Cammie

Post by Cammie » Dec 23rd, '06, 23:02

Thank you so much for this thread! I watched Lunch Queen for the first time! I absoulutely loved it! :wub: I did want to try everything they were serving! YUMMY! They should consider making a sequel to this!

For those of you that haven't seen this drama yet DOWNLOAD IT NOW!!! its a must see!
:goggle: :goggle: :goggle:

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Dec 24th, '06, 04:19

roburn wrote:
BOGCHI wrote: dramas coming next season?

Hmm. Is there any types of drama that matches my criteria that is present this season?? :mrgreen:
Nodame Cantabile? funny, and I think it has a love story. plus a cute leading lady..

xbabysofly

Post by xbabysofly » Dec 25th, '06, 00:47

i havent watched a lot of JDramas but I'm wanting to watch more ..

I've only watched
1 Litre of Tears
Hana Yori Dango

and I loved them both.
Any suggestions on what I should and shouldn't watch ?

shotgunn240

Post by shotgunn240 » Dec 25th, '06, 15:49

Anyone know any good comedy harem shows like shimokita GLORY DAYS?

Julian917

Post by Julian917 » Dec 27th, '06, 01:57

can anyone recommend a good comedy? i really liked my boss my hero and kekkon dekinai otoko...

japysia

Post by japysia » Dec 27th, '06, 02:16

shotgunn240 wrote:Anyone know any good comedy harem shows like shimokita GLORY DAYS?
2nd house

angelcoolz

Post by angelcoolz » Dec 27th, '06, 02:35

Julian917 wrote:can anyone recommend a good comedy? i really liked my boss my hero and kekkon dekinai otoko...
oh yeah...try watch diz

- Attention Please
- Gal Circle
- Nobuta Wo Produce

they r gr8....beleive me.....

angelcoolz

Post by angelcoolz » Dec 27th, '06, 02:39

roburn wrote:How that Tatta Hitotsu No Koi has ended (nice drama btw). I'm currently without a drarma to watch :O .

Densha otoko
My boss, My hero
Suppli
Tatta Hitotsu No Koi.

Not too demanding am i ?
wat bout Gal Circle..they got tons of cute actress who danced para-para...diz one is soooo hilarious..u will laugh ur hear out...

gr0undzer0

Thanks

Post by gr0undzer0 » Dec 27th, '06, 03:20

Thanks much for this.. I am pretty new to dramas.. I'm currently watching Sailor Fuku and I have watched gokesen and attention please. I liked them both. I am in to silly funny type dramas with alot of humor. I especialy like any anime that starts out with introductions for the characters and funny clips and facts about them :) any suggestions?

gr0undzer0

Post by gr0undzer0 » Dec 27th, '06, 03:30

p.s .. any one know where I can find a Kisarazu Cat's Eye with English subs torrent?

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Dec 27th, '06, 03:44

gr0undzer0 wrote:p.s .. any one know where I can find a Kisarazu Cat's Eye with English subs torrent?
They're available on JTV drama's tracker:

http://jtv-tracker.clubbed.org

Scroll down to where it says kisarazu_cats_eye_dvd_ep01-09_final.

gr0undzer0

Thank you

Post by gr0undzer0 » Dec 27th, '06, 03:47

Thanks much :)

Julian917

Post by Julian917 » Dec 28th, '06, 02:58

angelcoolz wrote:
Julian917 wrote:can anyone recommend a good comedy? i really liked my boss my hero and kekkon dekinai otoko...
oh yeah...try watch diz

- Attention Please
- Gal Circle
- Nobuta Wo Produce

thanks for the recs but i already saw those and i didnt really find them as funny as my boss and kekkon dekinai otoko. any others?

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Dec 28th, '06, 03:02

Julian917 wrote:
angelcoolz wrote:
oh yeah...try watch diz

- Attention Please
- Gal Circle
- Nobuta Wo Produce

thanks for the recs but i already saw those and i didnt really find them as funny as my boss and kekkon dekinai otoko. any others?
how bout Gokusen?

yan_ange

Post by yan_ange » Dec 28th, '06, 11:13

Watch Nodame Cantabile, you will love this romantic comedy.

laxgurl0707

Recommendations???

Post by laxgurl0707 » Dec 28th, '06, 18:33

Hey, I am new to the japanesse dramas. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a few dramas. A couple dramas that i enjoyed was Gokusen 1,2 and HAna Yori Dango. Are there any good dramas out there that are also comedy??? It would a great help! ThAnKs! :D

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Dec 29th, '06, 17:59

Julian917 wrote:
angelcoolz wrote:
oh yeah...try watch diz

- Attention Please
- Gal Circle
- Nobuta Wo Produce

Do you mind watching an older series? If so, I highly recommend Water Boys, it's not that old actually, but it's hilarious and very heart-warming. It's a tale about a group of highschool boys who try to form a synchronized swimming team in their school. Another one might appeal to you is Trick series (it has 3 parts), Abe (the one who starred in kekkon dekinai otoko is also in there. And if you want to try something a little recent, go with Nodame Cantabile, the comedy might be kind of weird at first, but it's a very good drama that focuses on music students. Hope that helps!!

Kath-Lee

Post by Kath-Lee » Dec 29th, '06, 20:09

Hey folks!
I've been absent in a while which is why I don't know much about the current shows. If some kind soul would tell me what I shouldn't miss (out of the J-drama stuff only) I'd very much appreciate it. :-)
Thanks in advance!

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Dec 29th, '06, 20:25

just finished my marathon of Iryu..its great!! its a well done medical dorama, no wonder it ranked high on the Oricon dorama satisfaction list of 2006.:)

Kath-Lee

Post by Kath-Lee » Dec 29th, '06, 20:36

Thanks dear for your recommendation.
I hate to be picky but I'm not much into the ER stuff... Sorry...
Maybe I should write down some shows that I enjoyed a lot to give you an idea of what I could like...

- Sekai no chuushin de ai wo sakebu
- Byakuyakou
- Koi ga shitai
- Nobuta wo produce
- Gokusen I
- Kekkon dekinai otoko
- Kurosagi

ninjavsself

Post by ninjavsself » Dec 29th, '06, 20:42

I'm really enjoying Ikebukuro West Gate Park. It's not like any dorama I've seen before. I'd like to see more like this drama.