Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

[Discussion] Hana Yori Dango Season 2

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
sambuk
Posts: 176
Joined: Dec 25th, '06, 23:28

Post by sambuk » Jan 7th, '07, 01:22

ARRGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH 8PM!!! well i guess thats reason to do my work tomorrow haha! WOw? you learnt japanese to the ex6tent of understanding most of it...just from subs :O ive been studying it for just over a year and picked up a bit from seires 1 subs aswell..like declaration of war...well quite a fiar bit. but i cant believe youve laernt all that japanese just form subbed anime:O maybe im just jealous haha...to be fair...i am ...but still arienai!?!?!?!¬!?

paperlights
Posts: 9
Joined: Mar 23rd, '06, 21:43
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Post by paperlights » Jan 7th, '07, 01:28

Yes, real gang members, real thieves (who come in all colours people) would not have been threatened by one guy with a gun.
Not to mention a gun he didn't even use. Cause really saying "Bang!" just doesn't quite hurt the way a bullet in the head does.
(And at the end of the note I'll write "By the way, this letter was written by a black person. Yes, black people can read and write too" *snerk*).
And then they'll go "But she speaks so well!" LOL
Why just the other day I witnessed two gangs involved in a dreaded Basketball Fight. The horror! There were baggy pants and doo rags everywhere! *sheds tears*
*cries with you* This reminds me of the time they was a basketball fight in my high school gym. An innocent bystander was hit and killed. The schools just aren't safe anymore with all these gangs! :cry:

We're so silly lol

marie_23
Posts: 210
Joined: Nov 29th, '06, 01:11

Post by marie_23 » Jan 7th, '07, 01:31

I think I'm more disappointed than angry now because I really love HYD but to see everything I fight hard against everyday just thrown in my face is quite irritating. But believe me, I was HOT the first few minutes after watching it.
In Hana yori dango the manga Makino is assulated by a white french guy in an alley and is saved by Domyoji ...But in the live action the director changed it around to be Makino being attacked by four black men and Rui saving her with a fake cheap looking guy :roll
Also, in the manga when Domyoji is in New York he meets some black guys on the street and they are very friendly to him and he dances with them.... The reason why I'm telling you this is the director made a poor choice with switching around somethings and good one's later as HYD 2 gets passed this first opening....Did you notice Domyoji bossing around the white guys at his school he had them following him around like his foot soldiers (in odd way that was racist as well if you think about it)...lol
Side fact:
I think in HYD 1 a black woman played the maid for Domyoji older sister...Also, did you know that Domyoji hairstyle was suppose to look like jamaican dreadlocks and not tight curls...But Yoko Kamio the manga creater could not draw them that good at first and just switched to the tight curls method...
Last edited by marie_23 on Jan 7th, '07, 02:05, edited 1 time in total.

babygiirl
Posts: 23
Joined: Jan 15th, '06, 05:44

Post by babygiirl » Jan 7th, '07, 01:34

Lahhh ... dl-ing ... I love the original :cheers: hopefully this would come up to scratch ...

-bbg

P.S. Hate stupid Meteo Garden II ... MG 1 was bad enuf the second one ... blehhhhhhhhh

paperlights
Posts: 9
Joined: Mar 23rd, '06, 21:43
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Post by paperlights » Jan 7th, '07, 01:38

marie_23 wrote:
I think I'm more disappointed than angry now because I really love HYD but to see everything I fight hard against everyday just thrown in my face is quite irritating. But believe me, I was HOT the first few minutes after watching it.
In Hana yori dango the manga Makino is assulated by a white french guy in an alley and is saved by Domyoji ...But in the live action the director changed it around to be Makino being attacked by four black men and Rui saving her with a fake cheap looking guy :roll
Also, in the manga when Domyoji is New York he meets some black guys are the street and they are very friendly to him and he dances with them.... The reason why I'm telling you this is the director made a poor choice with switching around somethings and good one's later as HYD 2 gets passed this first opening....Did you notice Domyoji bossing around the white guys at his school he had them following him around like his foot soldiers (in odd way that was racist as well if you think about it)...lol
Side fact:
I think in HYD 1 a black woman played the maid for Domyoji older sister...Also, did you know that Domyoji hairstyle was suppose to look like jamaican dreadlocks and not tight curls...But Yoko Kamio the manga creater could not draw them that good at first and just switched to the tight curls method...
Oh really? I never read the manga but I'm surprised to hear it was originally a white guy. Dang, they could have at least used one guy and made him a pimp or a rapist (which to be honest probably would have been more realisitic than 4 ball toting gangstas)

Oh, I totally forgot the black maid. It kinda screamed Mammy to me. I remember being surprised they didn't stereotype her role and use a Hispanic lady (which would have pissed me off as well because I'm a Black Hispanic. We do exist! LOL)

KamichamaN
Posts: 279
Joined: Dec 24th, '06, 01:32
Location: Dramaland TX

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 7th, '07, 01:53

paperlights wrote:
marie_23 wrote:
I think I'm more disappointed than angry now because I really love HYD but to see everything I fight hard against everyday just thrown in my face is quite irritating. But believe me, I was HOT the first few minutes after watching it.
In Hana yori dango the manga Makino is assulated by a white french guy in an alley and is saved by Domyoji ...But in the live action the director changed it around to be Makino being attacked by four black men and Rui saving her with a fake cheap looking guy :roll
Also, in the manga when Domyoji is New York he meets some black guys are the street and they are very friendly to him and he dances with them.... The reason why I'm telling you this is the director made a poor choice with switching around somethings and good one's later as HYD 2 gets passed this first opening....Did you notice Domyoji bossing around the white guys at his school he had them following him around like his foot soldiers (in odd way that was racist as well if you think about it)...lol
Side fact:
I think in HYD 1 a black woman played the maid for Domyoji older sister...Also, did you know that Domyoji hairstyle was suppose to look like jamaican dreadlocks and not tight curls...But Yoko Kamio the manga creater could not draw them that good at first and just switched to the tight curls method...
Oh really? I never read the manga but I'm surprised to hear it was originally a white guy. Dang, they could have at least used one guy and made him a pimp or a rapist (which to be honest probably would have been more realisitic than 4 ball toting gangstas)

Oh, I totally forgot the black maid. It kinda screamed Mammy to me. I remember being surprised they didn't stereotype her role and use a Hispanic lady (which would have pissed me off as well because I'm a Black Hispanic. We do exist! LOL)
all in all I'd say that this episode makes people think that the japanese as a whole are pretty racist. Not only have I seen signs of it in this but in anime (like in ROD when the american pres couldn't do anything but grovel and wet himself in the face of an attack and a couple of japanese people could take it down). The whole black gang members thing was completely original to the drama since in the manga yoko kamio used white people. I really admired her for that when I saw it, and on top of that in the manga, the black guys where the ones who HELPED domyouji raher than skank around stealing people's stuff. I think that for that Yoko Kamio should be given a high five. If I could, I'd send a letter to the hanadan producers because the scenes were completely tasteless and they were so unnatural. Even someone who doesnt understand english could tell that the way they behaved and spoke seemed strange, because its not how things would go realistically. I understand that its a drama but come on! A basketball? four big black guys against one japanese girl getting angry that she hasn't got any money? BLING BLING? COME ON!

KamichamaN
Posts: 279
Joined: Dec 24th, '06, 01:32
Location: Dramaland TX

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 7th, '07, 01:55

babygiirl wrote:Lahhh ... dl-ing ... I love the original :cheers: hopefully this would come up to scratch ...

-bbg

P.S. Hate stupid Meteo Garden II ... MG 1 was bad enuf the second one ... blehhhhhhhhh

awww I LOVED meteor garden!!! I didn;t get to see MGII yet (though I own it). I think I'm probably like the only person who liked it though XDDDD

marie_23
Posts: 210
Joined: Nov 29th, '06, 01:11

Post by marie_23 » Jan 7th, '07, 01:58

paperlights wrote:
marie_23 wrote:
I think I'm more disappointed than angry now because I really love HYD but to see everything I fight hard against everyday just thrown in my face is quite irritating. But believe me, I was HOT the first few minutes after watching it.
In Hana yori dango the manga Makino is assulated by a white french guy in an alley and is saved by Domyoji ...But in the live action the director changed it around to be Makino being attacked by four black men and Rui saving her with a fake cheap looking guy :roll
Also, in the manga when Domyoji is New York he meets some black guys are the street and they are very friendly to him and he dances with them.... The reason why I'm telling you this is the director made a poor choice with switching around somethings and good one's later as HYD 2 gets passed this first opening....Did you notice Domyoji bossing around the white guys at his school he had them following him around like his foot soldiers (in odd way that was racist as well if you think about it)...lol
Side fact:
I think in HYD 1 a black woman played the maid for Domyoji older sister...Also, did you know that Domyoji hairstyle was suppose to look like jamaican dreadlocks and not tight curls...But Yoko Kamio the manga creater could not draw them that good at first and just switched to the tight curls method...
Oh really? I never read the manga but I'm surprised to hear it was originally a white guy. Dang, they could have at least used one guy and made him a pimp or a rapist (which to be honest probably would have been more realisitic than 4 ball toting gangstas)

Oh, I totally forgot the black maid. It kinda screamed Mammy to me. I remember being surprised they didn't stereotype her role and use a Hispanic lady (which would have pissed me off as well because I'm a Black Hispanic. We do exist! LOL)
You should read the manga it is so much better then any live action that is based off...Also, in the manga their is some bad stereotypes of espically white foriegners ... But, never in the manga is their something bad about blacks that I remember...So, give the manga a try and keep watching HYD drama !

User avatar
blue_smurf
Posts: 228
Joined: Mar 2nd, '06, 03:00

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 7th, '07, 02:02

where can I download the English scanlations for the manga?

KamichamaN
Posts: 279
Joined: Dec 24th, '06, 01:32
Location: Dramaland TX

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 7th, '07, 02:02

marie_23 wrote:
paperlights wrote:
marie_23 wrote:
In Hana yori dango the manga Makino is assulated by a white french guy in an alley and is saved by Domyoji ...But in the live action the director changed it around to be Makino being attacked by four black men and Rui saving her with a fake cheap looking guy :roll
Also, in the manga when Domyoji is New York he meets some black guys are the street and they are very friendly to him and he dances with them.... The reason why I'm telling you this is the director made a poor choice with switching around somethings and good one's later as HYD 2 gets passed this first opening....Did you notice Domyoji bossing around the white guys at his school he had them following him around like his foot soldiers (in odd way that was racist as well if you think about it)...lol
Side fact:
I think in HYD 1 a black woman played the maid for Domyoji older sister...Also, did you know that Domyoji hairstyle was suppose to look like jamaican dreadlocks and not tight curls...But Yoko Kamio the manga creater could not draw them that good at first and just switched to the tight curls method...
Oh really? I never read the manga but I'm surprised to hear it was originally a white guy. Dang, they could have at least used one guy and made him a pimp or a rapist (which to be honest probably would have been more realisitic than 4 ball toting gangstas)

Oh, I totally forgot the black maid. It kinda screamed Mammy to me. I remember being surprised they didn't stereotype her role and use a Hispanic lady (which would have pissed me off as well because I'm a Black Hispanic. We do exist! LOL)
You should read the manga it is so much better then any live action that is based off...Also, in the manga their is some bad stereotypes of espically white foriegners ... But, never in the manga is their something bad about blacks that I remember...So, give the manga a try and keep watching HYD drama !
you really should read the manga, its amazing. Don't be put off by the beginning art (like I was at first) it gets WAAAAAY better.

paperlights
Posts: 9
Joined: Mar 23rd, '06, 21:43
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Post by paperlights » Jan 7th, '07, 02:02

KamichamaN wrote: all in all I'd say that this episode makes people think that the japanese as a whole are pretty racist. Not only have I seen signs of it in this but in anime (like in ROD when the american pres couldn't do anything but grovel and wet himself in the face of an attack and a couple of japanese people could take it down). The whole black gang members thing was completely original to the drama since in the manga yoko kamio used white people. I really admired her for that when I saw it, and on top of that in the manga, the black guys where the ones who HELPED domyouji raher than skank around stealing people's stuff. I think that for that Yoko Kamio should be given a high five. If I could, I'd send a letter to the hanadan producers because the scenes were completely tasteless and they were so unnatural. Even someone who doesnt understand english could tell that the way they behaved and spoke seemed strange, because its not how things would go realistically. I understand that its a drama but come on! A basketball? four big black guys against one japanese girl getting angry that she hasn't got any money? BLING BLING? COME ON!
You know what I just realized? How'd they figure she was from Japan? I mean Tsukushi spoke in English. To be honest, most folks would have quickly (but incorrectly) assumed she was Chinese due to the large Chinese population in NY.

I cringed at the bling bling. The only people I hear still saying that is people my father's age trying to be hip and cool.
You should read the manga it is so much better then any live action that is based off...Also, in the manga their is some bad stereotypes of espically white foriegners ... But, never in the manga is their something bad about blacks that I remember...So, give the manga a try and keep watching HYD drama !
Not that I'm all for stereotyping any race but I find it interesting on how they stereotype the majority so I'll read the manga this weekend. I'll try not to let this jade my opinion on the series as a whole as it wasn't originally (manga-wise) meant to be this way.[/quote]
Last edited by paperlights on Jan 7th, '07, 02:06, edited 1 time in total.

KamichamaN
Posts: 279
Joined: Dec 24th, '06, 01:32
Location: Dramaland TX

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 7th, '07, 02:04

blue_smurf wrote:where can I download the English scanlations for the manga?
here's one
http://www.aicoalition.com/manga_hanayori.php

also if you belong to the free_manga comm on livejournal you can find it (and pretty much anything else)

marie_23
Posts: 210
Joined: Nov 29th, '06, 01:11

Post by marie_23 » Jan 7th, '07, 02:09

KamichamaN wrote: you really should read the manga, its amazing. Don't be put off by the beginning art (like I was at first) it gets WAAAAAY better.
So, true I at first didn't want to read it do in part to the art work looking odd...But after a while of reading it Hana Yori Dango grows on you :lol
Last edited by marie_23 on Jan 7th, '07, 02:10, edited 1 time in total.

itachi666
Posts: 185
Joined: Dec 11th, '04, 06:20
Location: NY, USA, America, Earth

Post by itachi666 » Jan 7th, '07, 02:09

arigaou gozaimasu

holy crap these posts are full of spoilers. Was dying to see it so i saw the first minute of it withought the subs. IM already loving it. I coulldnt belive my eyes where I saw her where she was. I wish I was there when they filmed it.

anchan
Posts: 44
Joined: Jan 1st, '06, 07:58

Post by anchan » Jan 7th, '07, 02:15

i cried reading the manga...!!! it's so good...i love HYD. i love matsujun <3

dine2k9
Posts: 8
Joined: Jan 7th, '07, 01:50

Post by dine2k9 » Jan 7th, '07, 02:21

first of i would like to say tat the drama is going great so far....im a huge fan of the manga and im still dizzy trying to keep up which book # it was on...it kept jumping from like book 28 to like book 15 and it was just everywhere....but it was a pretty good connection.....making it just like the book wouldve been too predictive neways.....tryin to make it into something new is good but keeping the main ideas is also skill.....i might be the only one thinkin like this but i cant do nething bout how i think.....

neways bout the first ep being racist.....its just a way showing how america influenced them.....its just like how asia influenced america by making asians look like theyre smartasses......trust me ive been stereotyped like that most of the time by my friends at skool....THERE ARE DUMB ASIANS OUT THERE!!! *raises hand*....most of the time...not everytime....there would be some kinda smart dorky asian in some show or movie.....but back to the ep....the only thing that bugged me bout it was that they kept swearing.....i just thought "HAHA THATS ALLOT OF SWEARING!" and wen domyouji told the white guys to stop and they followed i just thought "WHOA THEIR LIKE ROBOTS!" but i really dont think that it was intentional....we got no problem when we see it in other movies so why make it a problem now? i think that too much thought was just put into it.....

User avatar
luvergurl
Posts: 32
Joined: Aug 20th, '06, 01:10
Location: Florida, US

Post by luvergurl » Jan 7th, '07, 02:24

i so agree with u dine2k9

User avatar
blue_smurf
Posts: 228
Joined: Mar 2nd, '06, 03:00

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 7th, '07, 02:31

KamichamaN wrote:
blue_smurf wrote:where can I download the English scanlations for the manga?
here's one
http://www.aicoalition.com/manga_hanayori.php

also if you belong to the free_manga comm on livejournal you can find it (and pretty much anything else)
wow! Thanks a bunch for the link :w00t:

paperlights
Posts: 9
Joined: Mar 23rd, '06, 21:43
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Post by paperlights » Jan 7th, '07, 02:40

dine2k9 wrote: neways bout the first ep being racist.....its just a way showing how america influenced them.....its just like how asia influenced america by making asians look like theyre smartasses......trust me ive been stereotyped like that most of the time by my friends at skool....THERE ARE DUMB ASIANS OUT THERE!!! *raises hand*....most of the time...not everytime....there would be some kinda smart dorky asian in some show or movie.....but back to the ep....the only thing that bugged me bout it was that they kept swearing.....i just thought "HAHA THATS ALLOT OF SWEARING!" and wen domyouji told the white guys to stop and they followed i just thought "WHOA THEIR LIKE ROBOTS!" but i really dont think that it was intentional....we got no problem when we see it in other movies so why make it a problem now? i think that too much thought was just put into it.....
Who's we? I do have a problem when it's put in mainstream movies. We (as in Black folks) are usually either portrayed as criminals or as the "Magical Negro" (for those who don't know about that term, it basically is a black person (usually uneducated and either jobless or working poor) used as a plot device to help the white lead realize their wrongs and overcome them to save the day. An great example of this is John Coffey in The Green Mile.) It's quite irritating to see the least.

Just because American mass media influenced them to think so doesn't make it right. Whether intentional or not, I as a Black person was offended enough to speak out on it.

User avatar
blue_smurf
Posts: 228
Joined: Mar 2nd, '06, 03:00

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 7th, '07, 02:42

dine2k9 raised some good points..
let's just forget about the steroetyping in HYD (although it was a turn-off) and enjoy the drama as it is 8)
I have been stereotyped many times. I have somehow overcome my oversensitivity to it by telling myself that I can always control my reactions even if I can't possibly control what other people's reactions are.
I think what dine2k9 was trying to point out was that regardless of what race you are---white, black, brown, or yellow, we all get stereotyped.
P.S.: Pls let's just talk about HYD stuffs and forget about stereotyping before this thread becomes a thread about streotyping. We'll just end up arguing about racism and stereotyping. PEACE!
Last edited by blue_smurf on Jan 7th, '07, 02:48, edited 1 time in total.

paperlights
Posts: 9
Joined: Mar 23rd, '06, 21:43
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Post by paperlights » Jan 7th, '07, 02:48

blue_smurf wrote:dine2k9 raised some good points..
I think what dine2k9 was trying to point out was that regardless of what race you are---white, black, brwon, or yellow, we all get stereotyped.
This I know but unfortunately, it happens to Black folks more often than not.

If you feel stereotyped, speak out on it. Call the person out on their mistake. Remaining silent changes nothing.

Now with that, let me go and start reading the manga LOL

KamichamaN
Posts: 279
Joined: Dec 24th, '06, 01:32
Location: Dramaland TX

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 7th, '07, 02:49

blue_smurf wrote:dine2k9 raised some good points..
let's just forget about the steroetyping in HYD (although it was a turn-off) and enjoy the drama as it is 8)
I have been stereotyped many times. I have somehow overcome my oversensitivity to it by telling myself that I can always control my reactions even if I can't possibly control what other people's reactions are.
I think what dine2k9 was trying to point out was that regardless of what race you are---white, black, brwon, or yellow, we all get stereotyped.
eh I was pissed about it but her, nothing we can do to change it (except maybe blacklist some rap songs and movies) I usually don't mind its just that...I guess seeing it in one of my favorite dramas really kind of hurt. But lets forget it since (hopefully) it won't happen again in the rest of the drama. In the end, its still hanadan

User avatar
blue_smurf
Posts: 228
Joined: Mar 2nd, '06, 03:00

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 7th, '07, 02:52

paperlights wrote:
blue_smurf wrote:dine2k9 raised some good points..
I think what dine2k9 was trying to point out was that regardless of what race you are---white, black, brwon, or yellow, we all get stereotyped.
This I know but unfortunately, it happens to Black folks more often than not.

If you feel stereotyped, speak out on it. Call the person out on their mistake. Remaining silent changes nothing.

Now with that, let me go and start reading the manga LOL
I'm an Asian and sometimes called Oriental but I never remained silent about it coz I take it as a challenge for me to do better.
anyways, let's just focus on the drama LOL

goddessrin
Posts: 18
Joined: Jan 5th, '07, 18:48
Location: New York

Post by goddessrin » Jan 7th, '07, 02:52

the only thing that bugged me bout it was that they kept swearing.....i just thought "HAHA THATS ALLOT OF SWEARING!"


That's very troubling.
we got no problem when we see it in other movies so why make it a problem now? i think that too much thought was just put into it
Yeah, I'm sorry but I'll have to disagree with your use of the word 'we'. Many people, including myself, are against stereotyping of any kind in any medium. It's a problem that we seriously need to address because it shows the lack of respect and understanding we have for other cultures. Closing our eyes and pretending it doesn't exist, or that it's not a big deal, will not make the problem go away. It only makes light of it, and perpetuates it.

I'm not bashing the drama. This is just one aspect that bugs me. I still love HanaDan and I'll still watch the drama provided they don't do anything else that annoys me. But I also have my principles. If they continue to push the Black People are Scary Thieving Bastards or
the Happy Singing Negroes (I saw pictures with Rui in a gospel choir for goodness sake)
stereotype, then I'm really just gonna have to stop watching the show. Because watching one drama isn't worth me compromising myself.

Anyway that's all I have to say on that. I'm glad I and other people were able to speak our minds on the topic, because remaining silent is never a good thing.

Also was Junpei in the manga?
Last edited by goddessrin on Jan 7th, '07, 02:58, edited 2 times in total.

dine2k9
Posts: 8
Joined: Jan 7th, '07, 01:50

Post by dine2k9 » Jan 7th, '07, 02:55

im sorry if it offended people really i am.....its kinda like wat KamichamaN said....it hurts to see this kind of thing happen in one of my fav dramas....and it also hurts to see it being dissed because of this problem......i really dont have the intention of changin peoples thoughts bout...stuff.....just my opinion......and i need to be careful with wat i say and pay attention to wat i write...MY BAD IM SORRY!!!

but neways....on to a brighter topic.....lets just hope the next episode will be well done as the first one.....the spoilers at the end kills me too much to wait for next week.....

User avatar
eva_dreaming
Posts: 9
Joined: Jan 16th, '06, 06:49

Post by eva_dreaming » Jan 7th, '07, 02:58

i'm gonna share a link with every1 that i just found.....

wait for it.................

waiting................

oh wat is it u ask?

its a stream of the 1st ep :)

the owner of the site has added little captions to expain wat is happening

as well as some parts that have the dialog typed out, not subs bear in mind but so far, better then nothing :)

ohhhh yeah heres the link

http://ameblo.jp/junmatsumoto/

happy watching :D

Matsuo
Posts: 2
Joined: May 28th, '06, 22:07
Location: USA
Contact:

Post by Matsuo » Jan 7th, '07, 03:02

Anyone know his real name?

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/ ... p01261.jpg[/img]

User avatar
sunmoon
Posts: 219
Joined: Oct 29th, '05, 03:47
Location: New York

Post by sunmoon » Jan 7th, '07, 03:03

Yes Junpei is in the manga, he's a hot guy in the manga (and toma fits his role so perfectly haha!!)

I just want to say I think the main female lead (sorry forgot her name) did a pretty bad job. She overdoes it most of the times, her acting is not natural at all compared to Sakurako (i hope i spelled it right) and the other girls...She tries to make too many unnecessary faces. Sadly to say but I do think the main female lead has the worst acting out of them all. >.<

I don't mean to offend anyone by my post :( just wanted to add my 2cents xD

For some reason my dl from clubbox keeps stopping at 99%, and then when i try to pause it and restart the dl, it goes back to 0% again -.-

PS: to the person above, his name is Ikuta Toma ^^

marie_23
Posts: 210
Joined: Nov 29th, '06, 01:11

Post by marie_23 » Jan 7th, '07, 03:05

KamichamaN wrote:
blue_smurf wrote:dine2k9 raised some good points..
let's just forget about the steroetyping in HYD (although it was a turn-off) and enjoy the drama as it is 8)
I have been stereotyped many times. I have somehow overcome my oversensitivity to it by telling myself that I can always control my reactions even if I can't possibly control what other people's reactions are.
I think what dine2k9 was trying to point out was that regardless of what race you are---white, black, brwon, or yellow, we all get stereotyped.
eh I was pissed about it but her, nothing we can do to change it (except maybe blacklist some rap songs and movies) I usually don't mind its just that...I guess seeing it in one of my favorite dramas really kind of hurt. But lets forget it since (hopefully) it won't happen again in the rest of the drama. In the end, its still hanadan
I don't think it will happen again in the rest of the drama...So, I believe you'll be able to watch it in peace :-) ....But if it does happen again then the director has some serious issues with stereotypes :glare: ....My friend who is black watched the open scenes with me and was pissed off also :cussing: ...And felt the director butchered that scene the manga was based on...However, we both continued watching the rest of the episode and just put into our heads that Hana yori dango was never meant to be a racist show...The director just made a bad choice with casting the thugs...I rather believe that then the director actually wanting to hurt certain races on purpose...So, with that said I'm looking forward to the rest of Hana yori dango episodes... :lol

goddessrin
Posts: 18
Joined: Jan 5th, '07, 18:48
Location: New York

Post by goddessrin » Jan 7th, '07, 03:11

Yes Junpei is in the manga, he's a hot guy in the manga (and toma fits his role so perfectly haha!!)
Damn I wish I were the heroine of a manga. Cuz then hot guys would just literally fall out of the sky and into my life lol.
I just want to say I think the main female lead (sorry forgot her name) did a pretty bad job. She overdoes it most of the times, her acting is not natural at all compared to Sakurako (i hope i spelled it right) and the other girls...She tries to make too many unnecessary faces. Sadly to say but I do think the main female lead has the worst acting out of them all. >.<
I like the lead character but I think you're right. She overacts way too much and sometimes it's a little hard to watch! Still, the rest of the cast makes up for it like you said.

dine2k9
Posts: 8
Joined: Jan 7th, '07, 01:50

Post by dine2k9 » Jan 7th, '07, 03:12

i dont get one point in the ep....
what was that dream bout???it totally threw me off

User avatar
blue_smurf
Posts: 228
Joined: Mar 2nd, '06, 03:00

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 7th, '07, 03:12

Matsuo wrote:Anyone know his real name?

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/ ... p01261.jpg[/img]
are u asking who's that cute guy on that cover?
He's Jun Matsumoto aka MatsuJun :heart:
he played the part of Domyuji Tsukasa

User avatar
Gorahgurl
Posts: 211
Joined: Sep 26th, '06, 00:10
Location: United States

Post by Gorahgurl » Jan 7th, '07, 03:12

I just watched the opening on Youtube. I've yet to start torrenting, but omg I CAN NOT WAIT for the whole song to be released. Anyone know when?

itachi666
Posts: 185
Joined: Dec 11th, '04, 06:20
Location: NY, USA, America, Earth

Post by itachi666 » Jan 7th, '07, 03:13

sorry everyone i couldnt stop myself from doing this......

HARD GAY, FOOOOOOO!!!

User avatar
cherrypieandmore
Posts: 15
Joined: Dec 25th, '06, 06:58
Location: Iglooville, Canaduh

Post by cherrypieandmore » Jan 7th, '07, 03:18

blue_smurf wrote:
Matsuo wrote:Anyone know his real name?

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/ ... p01261.jpg[/img]
are u asking who's that cute guy on that cover?
He's Jun Matsumoto aka MatsuJun :heart:
he played the part of Domyuji Tsukasa
Wait...isn't the guy on the cover Ikuta Toma?...or am I on crack?

marie_23
Posts: 210
Joined: Nov 29th, '06, 01:11

Post by marie_23 » Jan 7th, '07, 03:19

dine2k9 wrote:i dont get one point in the ep....
what was that dream bout???it totally threw me off
I'm glad someone mention that part here is what I think
It has to be some one who was very close to Domyoji it could be a man who use to work for the family...Who ever it is Domyoji is heartbroken over their death and is pushing almost everyone way even Tsukushi...Maybe he thinks he can't protect her something like he might of tried with that man...and I have a feeling Domyoji mother had something to do with that man in dream killing his self
Last edited by marie_23 on Jan 7th, '07, 03:19, edited 1 time in total.

KamichamaN
Posts: 279
Joined: Dec 24th, '06, 01:32
Location: Dramaland TX

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 7th, '07, 03:19

cherrypieandmore wrote:
blue_smurf wrote:
Matsuo wrote:Anyone know his real name?

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/ ... p01261.jpg[/img]
are u asking who's that cute guy on that cover?
He's Jun Matsumoto aka MatsuJun :heart:
he played the part of Domyuji Tsukasa
Wait...isn't the guy on the cover Ikuta Toma?...or am I on crack?
no you'e right, that guy IS NOT matsujun

marie_23
Posts: 210
Joined: Nov 29th, '06, 01:11

Post by marie_23 » Jan 7th, '07, 03:20

KamichamaN wrote:
cherrypieandmore wrote:
blue_smurf wrote:
are u asking who's that cute guy on that cover?
He's Jun Matsumoto aka MatsuJun :heart:
he played the part of Domyuji Tsukasa
Wait...isn't the guy on the cover Ikuta Toma?...or am I on crack?
no you'e right, that guy IS NOT matsujun
That guy is TOMA I think their is a thread on him on this site..

User avatar
eva_dreaming
Posts: 9
Joined: Jan 16th, '06, 06:49

Post by eva_dreaming » Jan 7th, '07, 03:21

blue_smurf wrote:
Matsuo wrote:Anyone know his real name?

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/ ... p01261.jpg[/img]
are u asking who's that cute guy on that cover?
He's Jun Matsumoto aka MatsuJun :heart:
he played the part of Domyuji Tsukasa
i don't think thats domyuji, not sure cause i haven't watched it but i think its Junpei

User avatar
blue_smurf
Posts: 228
Joined: Mar 2nd, '06, 03:00

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 7th, '07, 03:23

it's MatsuJun...
that pic was posted in LJ, I think...
it was posted by a MatsuJun fan 8) and there were matsujun fans who commented on his cover look XD
besides, the eyes, nose, and lips are MatsuJun's 8)
that cover mag was intended, I guess, as a promo for HYD2..so, I don't see any logic of Inoue as Makino with Junpei :-) I mean, hanadan is all about Tsukasa and Tsukushi, right? :wub:
Last edited by blue_smurf on Jan 7th, '07, 03:28, edited 1 time in total.

marie_23
Posts: 210
Joined: Nov 29th, '06, 01:11

Post by marie_23 » Jan 7th, '07, 03:23

eva_dreaming wrote:
blue_smurf wrote:
Matsuo wrote:Anyone know his real name?

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/ ... p01261.jpg[/img]
are u asking who's that cute guy on that cover?
He's Jun Matsumoto aka MatsuJun :heart:
he played the part of Domyuji Tsukasa
i don't think thats domyuji, not sure cause i haven't watched it but i think its Junpei
yes it is Junpei he is played by Toma

User avatar
cherrypieandmore
Posts: 15
Joined: Dec 25th, '06, 06:58
Location: Iglooville, Canaduh

Post by cherrypieandmore » Jan 7th, '07, 03:26

marie_23 wrote:
eva_dreaming wrote:
blue_smurf wrote:
are u asking who's that cute guy on that cover?
He's Jun Matsumoto aka MatsuJun :heart:
he played the part of Domyuji Tsukasa
i don't think thats domyuji, not sure cause i haven't watched it but i think its Junpei
yes it is Junpei he is played by Toma
The only reason I even KNOW about HYD is because of Toma. So sad he hasn't debut yet.

dine2k9
Posts: 8
Joined: Jan 7th, '07, 01:50

Post by dine2k9 » Jan 7th, '07, 03:28

its ikuta toma....im so sure its ikuta toma and i got proof!!!

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hana_Yori_Dango

under junpei oribe on the 2nd season area at the bottom
i think it has his pic if u klick his name....

User avatar
cherrypieandmore
Posts: 15
Joined: Dec 25th, '06, 06:58
Location: Iglooville, Canaduh

Post by cherrypieandmore » Jan 7th, '07, 03:31

Question!

Is he in all of the series? Or like, is it a cameo or something?

User avatar
fujitofu
Posts: 38
Joined: Feb 8th, '06, 08:19
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Post by fujitofu » Jan 7th, '07, 03:35

cherrypieandmore wrote:Question!

Is he in all of the series? Or like, is it a cameo or something?
he's a special guest only for episode 1.

User avatar
fujitofu
Posts: 38
Joined: Feb 8th, '06, 08:19
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Post by fujitofu » Jan 7th, '07, 03:39

chinese sub version is out!! hehe *goes to dl*

User avatar
blue_smurf
Posts: 228
Joined: Mar 2nd, '06, 03:00

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 7th, '07, 03:40

it's Matsujun. That necklace is HIS and here's my proof:
that pic was posted in LJ 8)

User avatar
blue_smurf
Posts: 228
Joined: Mar 2nd, '06, 03:00

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 7th, '07, 03:40

it's Matsujun. That necklace is HIS and here's my proof:
that pic was posted in LJ 8)

User avatar
blue_smurf
Posts: 228
Joined: Mar 2nd, '06, 03:00

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 7th, '07, 03:41

it's Matsujun. That necklace is HIS and here's my proof:
that pic was posted in LJ 8)

HolEdg
Posts: 47
Joined: Aug 9th, '06, 02:30
Location: USA

Post by HolEdg » Jan 7th, '07, 03:42

I just watch all of ep 1 on youtube. OMG, I want to watch ep 2 now.. I would have liked to have watched it via clubbox, but I will wait untill it comes out to be hardsubbed this week. Hopefully???? I do want to watch it all.. OMG, Toma is so cute... I don't like the fact that he's only in one episode. It kind of would have been nice to see a "love square" between Mao, MatsuJun, Shun and Toma,,, :wub: :wub: :wub:

Mao's such a lucky girl :D :D :D


I am so happy that HYD 2 is out.... HYD 2 ROCKS!!!!!!!!

User avatar
blue_smurf
Posts: 228
Joined: Mar 2nd, '06, 03:00

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 7th, '07, 03:43

it's Matsujun. That necklace is HIS and here's my proof:
that pic was posted in LJ 8)

User avatar
Gorahgurl
Posts: 211
Joined: Sep 26th, '06, 00:10
Location: United States

Post by Gorahgurl » Jan 7th, '07, 03:44

We get it, can you stop posting the same thing now?

User avatar
blue_smurf
Posts: 228
Joined: Mar 2nd, '06, 03:00

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 7th, '07, 03:44

it's Matsujun. That necklace is HIS and here's my proof:
that pic was posted in LJ 8)

User avatar
fujitofu
Posts: 38
Joined: Feb 8th, '06, 08:19
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Post by fujitofu » Jan 7th, '07, 03:45

blue_smurf wrote:it's Matsujun. That necklace is HIS and here's my proof:
that pic was posted in LJ 8)
=.=||||| it's a different necklace and obviously that face is not matsujun.

schizoar
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 45
Joined: Jul 3rd, '06, 17:26

..

Post by schizoar » Jan 7th, '07, 03:46

I'm not a fan of MatsuJun but judging from the pic that was posted, that's definitely NOT him. Just look at the eyebrows of each pic, it's totally different. Though hairstyles and makeup changes a person's appearance, it can't change THAT much, coz that pic totally doesn't look like MatsuJun. :blink

And for blue_smurf, one post is enough, you don't have to post it repeatedly. :mrgreen:
Last edited by schizoar on Jan 7th, '07, 03:47, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
cherrypieandmore
Posts: 15
Joined: Dec 25th, '06, 06:58
Location: Iglooville, Canaduh

Post by cherrypieandmore » Jan 7th, '07, 03:46

blue_smurf wrote:it's Matsujun. That necklace is HIS and here's my proof:
that pic was posted in LJ 8)
That isn;t MatsuJun. Look at their face shape. MatsuJun has a rounder face than Junpei's.

And the neckalce doesnt really matter...I think a lot of people have a necklace like that.

User avatar
blue_smurf
Posts: 228
Joined: Mar 2nd, '06, 03:00

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 7th, '07, 03:46

it's Matsujun. That necklace is HIS and here's my proof:
that pic was posted in LJ 8)

User avatar
Gorahgurl
Posts: 211
Joined: Sep 26th, '06, 00:10
Location: United States

Post by Gorahgurl » Jan 7th, '07, 03:48

blue_smurf wrote:it's Matsujun. That necklace is HIS and here's my proof:
that pic was posted in LJ 8)
It's not the same necklace, please be quiet and quit spamming.

dine2k9
Posts: 8
Joined: Jan 7th, '07, 01:50

Post by dine2k9 » Jan 7th, '07, 03:49

does the necklace really prove nething???neone could have the same necklace....ive seen tons of japanese back in japan with the saturn necklace......plus its a different necklace

User avatar
blue_smurf
Posts: 228
Joined: Mar 2nd, '06, 03:00

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 7th, '07, 03:49

ok..ok..
what made me say it was matsujun is because I first saw that pic on a blog by a matsujun fan...I guess on LJ or Vox...well, I won't argue who's who...I'll still watch the drama. PEACE!
Last edited by blue_smurf on Jan 7th, '07, 03:54, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LightningEmperor
Posts: 104
Joined: Dec 20th, '04, 05:01
Location: United States

Post by LightningEmperor » Jan 7th, '07, 03:49

Does anyone know who was singing the insert song towards the end of the song. It sounded like Utada Hikaru.

User avatar
Gorahgurl
Posts: 211
Joined: Sep 26th, '06, 00:10
Location: United States

Post by Gorahgurl » Jan 7th, '07, 03:52

It's Utada Hikaru's Flavor of Life.

User avatar
cherrypieandmore
Posts: 15
Joined: Dec 25th, '06, 06:58
Location: Iglooville, Canaduh

Post by cherrypieandmore » Jan 7th, '07, 03:52

LightningEmperor wrote:Does anyone know who was singing the insert song towards the end of the song. It sounded like Utada Hikaru.
Its Flavor of Life by Utada Hikaru (source: DramaWiki)

dine2k9
Posts: 8
Joined: Jan 7th, '07, 01:50

Post by dine2k9 » Jan 7th, '07, 03:52

LightningEmperor wrote:Does anyone know who was singing the insert song towards the end of the song. It sounded like Utada Hikaru.
yea it was i think its called "flavor of life"

User avatar
eva_dreaming
Posts: 9
Joined: Jan 16th, '06, 06:49

Post by eva_dreaming » Jan 7th, '07, 03:53

eva_dreaming wrote:i'm gonna share a link with every1 that i just found.....

wait for it.................

waiting................

oh wat is it u ask?

its a stream of the 1st ep :)

the owner of the site has added little captions to expain wat is happening

as well as some parts that have the dialog typed out, not subs bear in mind but so far, better then nothing :)

ohhhh yeah heres the link

http://ameblo.jp/junmatsumoto/

happy watching :D

^ also forgot to mention that the files are also available to dl bout less then 100mb each (3 total) for any1 who doesn't want to waste there download and wait for the

hardsubbed version but still want to watch it :)

User avatar
cherrypieandmore
Posts: 15
Joined: Dec 25th, '06, 06:58
Location: Iglooville, Canaduh

Post by cherrypieandmore » Jan 7th, '07, 03:53

LightningEmperor wrote:Does anyone know who was singing the insert song towards the end of the song. It sounded like Utada Hikaru.
Its Flavor of Life by Utada Hikaru (source: DramaWiki)

User avatar
LightningEmperor
Posts: 104
Joined: Dec 20th, '04, 05:01
Location: United States

Post by LightningEmperor » Jan 7th, '07, 03:53

thanks for the respond guys!

Omniscient
Posts: 3
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 03:31

Post by Omniscient » Jan 7th, '07, 03:55

In case anyone still wants to see screencaps or a detailed summary of what happened, here's a link to my blog.

User avatar
Gorahgurl
Posts: 211
Joined: Sep 26th, '06, 00:10
Location: United States

Post by Gorahgurl » Jan 7th, '07, 03:55

Omg, I found the release date (finally ;_;) of Love so Sweet! February 21! It's so far away...

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=JACA-5052

User avatar
cherrypieandmore
Posts: 15
Joined: Dec 25th, '06, 06:58
Location: Iglooville, Canaduh

Post by cherrypieandmore » Jan 7th, '07, 03:59

Omniscient wrote:In case anyone still wants to see screencaps or a detailed summary of what happened, here's a link to my blog.
OMG thank you so much ;_;. I've seen the RAW, but I need subs! as anyone picked it up for hardsubs?

User avatar
blue_smurf
Posts: 228
Joined: Mar 2nd, '06, 03:00

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 7th, '07, 03:59

and if I may add, the shape of the face and the cheekbones are Matsujun's
well, believe what you want to believe 8)

KamichamaN
Posts: 279
Joined: Dec 24th, '06, 01:32
Location: Dramaland TX

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 7th, '07, 04:01

le sigh...*frustration*
*wishes she could speak/fully understand japanese*

User avatar
luvergurl
Posts: 32
Joined: Aug 20th, '06, 01:10
Location: Florida, US

Post by luvergurl » Jan 7th, '07, 04:02

where can i find the epi. in youtube cause i couldn't download both my comp. and laptop are been stupid

User avatar
eva_dreaming
Posts: 9
Joined: Jan 16th, '06, 06:49

Post by eva_dreaming » Jan 7th, '07, 04:06

luvergurl wrote:where can i find the epi. in youtube cause i couldn't download both my comp. and laptop are been stupid
^ if u want to stream it go here, its better then utube cause the owner has also posted some translations and little summaries :)

http://ameblo.jp/junmatsumoto/

User avatar
cherrypieandmore
Posts: 15
Joined: Dec 25th, '06, 06:58
Location: Iglooville, Canaduh

Post by cherrypieandmore » Jan 7th, '07, 04:06

Can we just forget about the whole MatsuJun or not thing? He can be a new actor...umm...Ikuta Jun, y/n?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest