[Discussion] Hana Yori Dango Season 2

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
ohcrapimonfire

Post by ohcrapimonfire » Jan 18th, '07, 23:22

As for the theories about Tsukasa's dream...
Did anyone propose that the guy jumping off of the building could be Tsukasa's father? This would be inaccurate to the manga, but this season hasn't been exactly dead on. Maybe a faked suicide? He sees this man as a bum on the streets in New York and flips a lid? I have no idea.

I originally thought it might have been some of his worst fears come to life, like if he were a crappy CEO he could ruin the lives of the thousands who work for him, causing them to commit suicide or become homeless bums, etc. but then I saw a little boy in the sequence that could have been him as a kid, making me wonder it's a memory rather than a nightmare about the future?
Can't wait for Ep 3 to see more Rui and Makino tensionnnnnn

najimta

Post by najimta » Jan 18th, '07, 23:24

haha dragging? everyone seems to forget only 2 episodes have been shown. even though i want makino and tsukasa back, it wouldnt be really good if he ignored her at the start of one and then at the end evrything is lovey dovey again. its got to happen gradually and naturally. if its to fast it'll be bad. of course, thats just my opinion. :)

eegybur

Post by eegybur » Jan 18th, '07, 23:41

gujjugal wrote:
azzurri wrote:Does anyone know where I can read the manga special on hyd released last year? The one where they all go to France to attend Shizuka's wedding.
Yahh. i was looking for it too, but i can find it!!!!!! ahhhhh. does anyone know wehre it is?? im DYING to read it!!!!! ^.^
so pleaseeee tell if you know!!
-thanks a ton!!
I think nobody's posted the manga special online. And it wasn't a manga book by itself- the special was released in Margaret Magazine, issue 15. You can read the summary of this Yomikiri]here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boys_Over_Flowers
It's not the real thing, but its better than nothing. I hope this helps just a little. ^^

Lil' SnowFlake

Post by Lil' SnowFlake » Jan 18th, '07, 23:41

It'll be great if Tsukasa and Tsukushi can get back together. Although Tsukasa is not sweet as Rui, he has his good points, funny hahah.

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 18th, '07, 23:51

haha! you're all wrong about tsukasa's dream! here's the REAL truth
that "banzai, banzai" old guy is really tsukasa in the future, and that family is his future family. He's freakin out cuz he's like "eeeh! That stinky oyaji is me!? why am I drinking bottled water from a TRASH CAN! Why do my clothes cost less than my underwear now? WHY IS MY WIFE UGLYYY!" He doesn't know it, but Kaede has implanted a dream chip into his brain and she's been using her evil powers of abnormally large hair to hypnotize him into abandoning tsukushi because, in truth, she's jealous of tsukushi for taking rui (her secret and UNREQUITED love since he turned fourteen) away. We all think Shizuka went to france for law or some such nonsense right? WRONG! It was "slightly suggested" to her that if she didn't leave the country, she and her family would be in grave danger. Everyone thinks the todou's are richer than the domyoujis....NOPE. It's a front that Todou-oyaji asked Kaede to put up. And so Shizuka had to leave to France, BUT! she tried to contact Rui, her sometimes-on sometimes-off beloved. Well, Kaede found out and....convinced Shizuka to stop contacting Rui and to stop answering his calls. That's why the lack of contact. BUT she didn't realize that her plan would backfire and have Rui, who was probably never properly in love with Shizuka to begin with (it's one of those idol type loves), begin to fall (again) for Tsukushi who is a unique girl who he's been at her side for even longer than Tsukasa. And so she is faced with a dilemma and decides to produce a scheme that'd make the pants drop off the devil himself. She contacts her old minion wo marrie dinto the super rich family, Ookawahara. Some gocha-gocha guru-guru kuru-kuru nonsense talk goes on and Ookawahara produces her slightly demented daughter who falls into love waaaaaaaaaayyyyy too easily and tends to bite virtual strangers in odd places (like the ear perhaps). So, ignoring the girl's obvious strangeness and surmising that her good blood would make up for her...oddness, she decides to engage her to her son. NOT, as she had said in the drama, because the Domyouji zaibatsu is in trouble (as if!) but in order to catch tsukushi makino's attention and keep it on her son and away from Rui. After Tsukasa marries shigeru and Makino Tsukushi is crushed and dissappears from her life FOREVER (by some magical weakness of will for once she will give up and her family will suddenly move), Rui, of course will be devastaed at losing another love. This will be Kaede's chance to go in for some botox, a lift here or there, and a trip to V's Secret for some cheap trashy negligee, and then finally to a four star hotel room with Rui, bound, gagged, and blindfolded but kept conveniently....at attention by some cleverly spiked beverages. And from there, Tsukasa will probably have another sibling and Rui will be forced to "take care" of the mom as is his duty to his kid. And that'd be Kaede's happy ending. Yeah....so...Tsukasa's dreams are all linked to his mom's slight psychoness and his best friends unbelievably sexiness and his not-so-girlfriend's inexplicable ability to get ALL THE GUYS. The end

hahaha jp, that was a load of crack though...so much crack I think I'll have to do a dance and a comic strip to go along with it

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 18th, '07, 23:53

eegybur wrote:
gujjugal wrote:
azzurri wrote:Does anyone know where I can read the manga special on hyd released last year? The one where they all go to France to attend Shizuka's wedding.
Yahh. i was looking for it too, but i can find it!!!!!! ahhhhh. does anyone know wehre it is?? im DYING to read it!!!!! ^.^
-thanks a ton!!
I think nobody's posted the manga special online. And it wasn't a manga book by itself- the special was released in Margaret Magazine, issue 15. You can read the summary of this Yomikiri]here:
It's not the real thing, but its better than nothing. I hope this helps just a little. ^^

nope, ti was posted, I read it. I think if you ask on livejournal at the hanayoridango community or the free_manga community, they should have it since it was on lj that I got the link to it early in the year

IndieRockerette

Post by IndieRockerette » Jan 18th, '07, 23:53

eegybur wrote:
gujjugal wrote:
-thanks a ton!!
Here's the link to download the Manga SPECIAL:
http://www.badongo.com/file/1508383

And if anyone wants to read up on the HYD manga:
http://www.aicoalition.com/manga_hanayori.php

Ahhh ONE more day until Friday for me! I can't wait :cheers: !!!!!! Enjoy reading :lol

azzurri

Post by azzurri » Jan 18th, '07, 23:55

eegybur wrote:
gujjugal wrote:
-thanks a ton!!
Thank you so much! It does help a lot! :cheers: :cheers:

Yekiel

Post by Yekiel » Jan 19th, '07, 00:20

Thanks for the link to download the HYD manga... Am downloading ALL of it now... will probably read the night throuh :mrgreen: I want to know how Soujiro and Yuuki end up!!!

Ah, and I watched the end of Ep. 2 again: sorry, it's really Tsukushi who faints, not Soujiro...

And yes! We get to see Akira's family in Episode 3... It'll be fun :w00t:

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Jan 19th, '07, 00:27

blue_smurf wrote:
F4 wrote:
In the first season i was sympathized with domyouji ... but now i can't stpo my tears :cry: she doesn't deserve to be rejected like that ...
the wheels of fate have changed :lol
it's Makino's turn to cry :cry: :
she made him cry in the 1st season so all is fair in love and war XD
I agree this season of Hana Yori Dango it's Makino turn to cry over Domyouji...Last Season it was all about Domyouji tryn to get her to love him...But now it's her turn to fight to be with him...I mean it'd be weird if they just easily walked off into the sunset :blink ...First of all Domyouji comes from a very powerful family and his mother is a total control freak she'd sale her own kids for the sake of the family business...Makino is going to have to fight very hard to be with Domyouji this season...And Domyouji is going to have to figure out away to escape his mother control...

gilli

Rather an interesting take!!

Post by gilli » Jan 19th, '07, 01:01

KamichamaN wrote:haha! you're all wrong about tsukasa's dream! here's the REAL truth
that "banzai, banzai" old guy is really tsukasa in the future, and that family is his future family. He's freakin out cuz he's like "eeeh! That stinky oyaji is me!? why am I drinking bottled water from a TRASH CAN! Why do my clothes cost less than my underwear now? WHY IS MY WIFE UGLYYY!" He doesn't know it, but Kaede has implanted a dream chip into his brain and she's been using her evil powers of abnormally large hair to hypnotize him into abandoning tsukushi because, in truth, she's jealous of tsukushi for taking rui (her secret and UNREQUITED love since he turned fourteen) away. We all think Shizuka went to france for law or some such nonsense right? WRONG! It was "slightly suggested" to her that if she didn't leave the country, she and her family would be in grave danger. Everyone thinks the todou's are richer than the domyoujis....NOPE. It's a front that Todou-oyaji asked Kaede to put up. And so Shizuka had to leave to France, BUT! she tried to contact Rui, her sometimes-on sometimes-off beloved. Well, Kaede found out and....convinced Shizuka to stop contacting Rui and to stop answering his calls. That's why the lack of contact. BUT she didn't realize that her plan would backfire and have Rui, who was probably never properly in love with Shizuka to begin with (it's one of those idol type loves), begin to fall (again) for Tsukushi who is a unique girl who he's been at her side for even longer than Tsukasa. And so she is faced with a dilemma and decides to produce a scheme that'd make the pants drop off the devil himself. She contacts her old minion wo marrie dinto the super rich family, Ookawahara. Some gocha-gocha guru-guru kuru-kuru nonsense talk goes on and Ookawahara produces her slightly demented daughter who falls into love waaaaaaaaaayyyyy too easily and tends to bite virtual strangers in odd places (like the ear perhaps). So, ignoring the girl's obvious strangeness and surmising that her good blood would make up for her...oddness, she decides to engage her to her son. NOT, as she had said in the drama, because the Domyouji zaibatsu is in trouble (as if!) but in order to catch tsukushi makino's attention and keep it on her son and away from Rui. After Tsukasa marries shigeru and Makino Tsukushi is crushed and dissappears from her life FOREVER (by some magical weakness of will for once she will give up and her family will suddenly move), Rui, of course will be devastaed at losing another love. This will be Kaede's chance to go in for some botox, a lift here or there, and a trip to V's Secret for some cheap trashy negligee, and then finally to a four star hotel room with Rui, bound, gagged, and blindfolded but kept conveniently....at attention by some cleverly spiked beverages. And from there, Tsukasa will probably have another sibling and Rui will be forced to "take care" of the mom as is his duty to his kid. And that'd be Kaede's happy ending. Yeah....so...Tsukasa's dreams are all linked to his mom's slight psychoness and his best friends unbelievably sexiness and his not-so-girlfriend's inexplicable ability to get ALL THE GUYS. The end

hahaha jp, that was a load of crack though...so much crack I think I'll have to do a dance and a comic strip to go along with it
I just enjoyed reading it. I agree it was a load of crap but very inventive! :D

Gorahgurl

Post by Gorahgurl » Jan 19th, '07, 01:08

Wow, KamichamaN, funniest crack I've ever read XD

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 19th, '07, 01:12

marie_23 wrote:
blue_smurf wrote:
F4 wrote:
In the first season i was sympathized with domyouji ... but now i can't stpo my tears :cry: she doesn't deserve to be rejected like that ...
the wheels of fate have changed :lol
it's Makino's turn to cry :cry: :
she made him cry in the 1st season so all is fair in love and war XD
I agree this season of Hana Yori Dango it's Makino turn to cry over Domyouji...Last Season it was all about Domyouji tryn to get her to love him...But now it's her turn to fight to be with him...I mean it'd be weird if they just easily walked off into the sunset :blink ...First of all Domyouji comes from a very powerful family and his mother is a total control freak she'd sale her own kids for the sake of the family business...Makino is going to have to fight very hard to be with Domyouji this season...And Domyouji is going to have to figure out away to escape his mother control...
isn't it just sweeter that Makino fights to be with him :heart: it's now her turn to prove to Domyouji how much she loves him since he's proven many times in season one how much he really loves her by geting beat up so bad and stuffs :wub: so I don't really feel so bad about her tears in season 2...the song Flavor of Life sums up Makino's feelings. here are some lines that moved me: [credits to dr jang and co for the subs of this song]

when I hear u say thank u, my heart hurts for some reason...
like a magic spell that doesn't get undone after the break-up...
faintly burning pain...
Not being able to move forward...
whwnever I wish to be to be with u,
my heart hurts for some reason...
even with limited time, I want to be with u...
Last edited by blue_smurf on Jan 19th, '07, 01:19, edited 2 times in total.

Fleet

Post by Fleet » Jan 19th, '07, 01:13

KamichamaN wrote:haha! you're all wrong about tsukasa's dream! here's the REAL truth

HAHA! Very creative!

ilurrveniki

Post by ilurrveniki » Jan 19th, '07, 01:19

Fleet wrote:

HAHA! Very creative!
じょだんでしょう?

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 19th, '07, 01:56

ilurrveniki wrote:
Fleet wrote:

HAHA! Very creative!
じょだんでしょう?
que?

ilurrveniki

Post by ilurrveniki » Jan 19th, '07, 02:02

KamichamaN wrote:
ilurrveniki wrote:
Fleet wrote:
HAHA! Very creative!
じょだんでしょう?
que?
LOL, meaning its a joke, isnt it? =O

YAY HYD2 broadcasting in japan today!! too bad, I would be sleeping due to the time difference... and when i wake up the next morning this thread will be very very busy..

Gorahgurl

Post by Gorahgurl » Jan 19th, '07, 02:04

lol I can read hiragana: "Jodandeshou?" But I didn't know what it meant. XD

gujjugal

Post by gujjugal » Jan 19th, '07, 02:25

eegybur wrote:
gujjugal wrote:
-thanks a ton!!
*squeals with joy*
thanks a TON!!!!
=]

eegybur

Post by eegybur » Jan 19th, '07, 02:27

IndieRockerette wrote:
eegybur wrote:
gujjugal wrote:
-thanks a ton!!

Ahhh ONE more day until Friday for me! I can't wait :cheers: !!!!!! Enjoy reading :lol
oh ok thanks soo much for the links. :cheers:
I had no idea about these links.

clunar13

Post by clunar13 » Jan 19th, '07, 02:35

furransu wrote:imagine that HYD2 gets the idea of the storyline from MG2 lol...
I HOPE NOT!!!!!!

gujjugal

Post by gujjugal » Jan 19th, '07, 02:43

AHHHHHHHHHH.
thank you, thank you, thank you for the links!!
you just made my day!! =]
only one more day for episode 3!! yayyyyyyy

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 19th, '07, 03:20

ok so out of boredom in Economics, I decided to use my incredible (not) drawing hand and draw out the very last few scenes of Hanada ep. 2. I'll put it under a spoiler tag for those of ye who've yet to watch it

WARNING, EXTREMELY BAD DRAWING AHEAD

[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/Ros ... nbored.jpg

The words in buble letters at the top right is that thing Tsukushi always says. The little "equation" at the bottom is boyfriend?+supposed fianceexdate=OMG[/img]

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 19th, '07, 03:22

KamichamaN wrote:ok so out of boredom in Economics, I decided to use my incredible (not) drawing hand and draw out the very last few scenes of Hanada ep. 2. I'll put it under a spoiler tag for those of ye who've yet to watch it

The words in buble letters at the top right is that thing Tsukushi always says. The little "equation" at the bottom is boyfriend?+supposed fianceexdate=OMG[/img]
this is so hilarious XD

xlilxjadex

Post by xlilxjadex » Jan 19th, '07, 03:28

LOL!! even tho they were loads of crack but i enjoyed reading it. mwuahahas!! hahas!! sometimes i juss love making up fantasy of whats gonna happen next as well ;]

Fleet

Post by Fleet » Jan 19th, '07, 03:31

KamichamaN wrote:ok so out of boredom in Economics, I decided to use my incredible (not) drawing hand and draw out the very last few scenes of Hanada ep. 2. I'll put it under a spoiler tag for those of ye who've yet to watch it

haha at least it's better than how I would draw. that's so cute!

najimta

Post by najimta » Jan 19th, '07, 04:08

i wish i had your imagination =) it`s funny i liked it

elyusai

Post by elyusai » Jan 19th, '07, 04:29

The F3 here are always more resourceful and have a good teamwork in helping the relationship of Tsukushi and Doumyouji compared in Meteor Garden.

1 year had passed, and yet, they still didn't fix MatsuJun's height. He really looks like Kazuya- a bully Kazuya, that is. As if the real Doumyouji didn't exist and Kazuya (MatsuJun) is the leader of F4. I remembered last year, I bought a product called Stand High Height Enhancer which was made FROM THE TECHNOLOGY IN JAPAN......they should give 1 to MatsuJun.....it really works!!!

I hate to admit it, but I must say that they made it dramatic this time. My Nihongo teacher told me last year that HYD Season 1 made her cry. I keep thinking why because I don't feel the emotion (even in the scene where Tsukushi almost gave up to the persecution of Tsukasa's mom). And I keep wondering why Mao won the award. But here in Season 2, the story is just starting and I ALMOST CRY to the scene where Tsukushi admit her feelings for Tsukasa to Tsubaki (while reading the subtitles).

They really made it bigger this time! Especially the F4 lounge which the F4 made like their monument in Eitoku. And the price spent for that, Wow! But what is really ironic is seeing Doumyouji buying from a cheap hotdog stand in New York.

The hairs of the F4 are longer. Rui and Tsukasa's hairs are maintained. Soujiro's hair is now the same as in the animé / manga. Akira should dye his hair like Rui. Tsukasa's hair should be shown straight when getting wet (I hope to see that in the coming episodes). Rui was seen playing the violin. Excellent! He becomes more like of Rui in the animé / manga now than Lei in Meteor Garden. They really made improvement on this show. But it looks like, someone peed on Rui's spot after the F4 left Eitoku.

The opening theme of Arashi now is better than in Season 1. This show is really full of surprises.

One thing didn't change: full of beautiful, cute, flat-chested Japanese girls.

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 19th, '07, 04:48

elyusai wrote:The F3 here are always more resourceful and have a good teamwork in helping the relationship of Tsukushi and Doumyouji compared in Meteor Garden.

1 year had passed, and yet, they still didn't fix MatsuJun's height. He really looks like Kazuya- a bully Kazuya, that is. As if the real Doumyouji didn't exist and Kazuya (MatsuJun) is the leader of F4. I remembered last year, I bought a product called Stand High Height Enhancer which was made FROM THE TECHNOLOGY IN JAPAN......they should give 1 to MatsuJun.....it really works!!!

I hate to admit it, but I must say that they made it dramatic this time. My Nihongo teacher told me last year that HYD Season 1 made her cry. I keep thinking why because I don't feel the emotion (even in the scene where Tsukushi almost gave up to the persecution of Tsukasa's mom). And I keep wondering why Mao won the award. But here in Season 2, the story is just starting and I ALMOST CRY to the scene where Tsukushi admit her feelings for Tsukasa to Tsubaki (while reading the subtitles).

They really made it bigger this time! Especially the F4 lounge which the F4 made like their monument in Eitoku. And the price spent for that, Wow! But what is really ironic is seeing Doumyouji buying from a cheap hotdog stand in New York.

The hairs of the F4 are longer. Rui and Tsukasa's hairs are maintained. Soujiro's hair is now the same as in the animé / manga. Akira should dye his hair like Rui. Tsukasa's hair should be shown straight when getting wet (I hope to see that in the coming episodes). Rui was seen playing the violin. Excellent! He becomes more like of Rui in the animé / manga now than Lei in Meteor Garden. They really made improvement on this show. But it looks like, someone peed on Rui's spot after the F4 left Eitoku.

The opening theme of Arashi now is better than in Season 1. This show is really full of surprises.

....F4 Lounge=LOVE
I want one

"peed on rui's spot?"

ilurrveniki

Post by ilurrveniki » Jan 19th, '07, 06:10

elyusai wrote:The F3 here are always more resourceful and have a good teamwork in helping the relationship of Tsukushi and Doumyouji compared in Meteor Garden.

HAHAHA, I like your analysis but I personally don't think height is much an issue because most japanese are short anyway.. Wouldnt you think it will be awkward for Makino if they were in a relationship, and one is so tall and the other is so short? Personally, the matsujun's height right now (172cm) is perfect for the 158cm Makino =D

Can't wait for ep3 tomorrrow!!!

CarolL

Post by CarolL » Jan 19th, '07, 06:46

ilurrveniki wrote:

HAHAHA, I like your analysis but I personally don't think height is much an issue because most japanese are short anyway.. Wouldnt you think it will be awkward for Makino if they were in a relationship, and one is so tall and the other is so short? Personally, the matsujun's height right now (172cm) is perfect for the 158cm Makino =D

Can't say anymore. Totally agreed!! When I see Rui standing next to Makino, it seems very weird cuz he seems like a giant next to her. It's always him kneeling down on her. Tsukasa's height is good for 158cm Makino epecially if they are going to KISS!!

Is Mao that short in real life? 158cm?

**I would :wub: LOVE to see Jun's hair all wet in HYD 2, btw love his straightened hair, it will WOO my day as better as than BEFORE!!

arabian

Post by arabian » Jan 19th, '07, 07:53

I'm exciting.. Today HYD will show in japan..

ilurrveniki

Post by ilurrveniki » Jan 19th, '07, 08:10

CarolL wrote:
ilurrveniki wrote:

Can't say anymore. Totally agreed!! When I see Rui standing next to Makino, it seems very weird cuz he seems like a giant next to her. It's always him kneeling down on her. Tsukasa's height is good for 158cm Makino epecially if they are going to KISS!!

**I would :wub: LOVE to see Jun's hair all wet in HYD 2, btw love his straightened hair, it will WOO my day as better as than BEFORE!!
According to her profile on wiki, she is 158cm.. SHe doesnt look that short yeah? But its probably the illusion because Matsujun isnt tall himself..

Im only 164cm myself =O Really want to be 172cm, though!

CarolL

Post by CarolL » Jan 19th, '07, 08:33

ilurrveniki wrote:
CarolL wrote:
ilurrveniki wrote:

According to her profile on wiki, she is 158cm.. SHe doesnt look that short yeah? But its probably the illusion because Matsujun isnt tall himself..

Im only 164cm myself =O Really want to be 172cm, though!
I'm only 160cm, so I do consider myself short as a girl. I would totally like to be at least 5'5 because most asian boys are very short and I think being 5'5 is a good height for a girl. If I have happened to stand next to Shun, omg, I would probably have to be at least 5'8 to look good next to him. :wub: Shun is indeed like a giant standing next to me as a 5'3 girl. :D

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 19th, '07, 08:44

i`m 1,71 :mrgreen: man,mao really doesn`t look so short in hyd,yet yup it might be the illusion cos matsujun isn`t too tall either...yethe doesn`t look that short......in gokusen for example i would`ve sworn that he was at least 1,80 :lol :lol :lol :lol

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 19th, '07, 08:46

ilurrveniki wrote:

I agree with u!!! :cheers: Jun is not as tall as Rui but he's not that short either because when he stands beside Shun, he is just a few inches shorter 8)..he just looks short in HYD...it's TV, man ...the height is not an issue but what really matters is JUn can act :wub:
Last edited by blue_smurf on Jan 19th, '07, 08:50, edited 1 time in total.

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 19th, '07, 08:47

blue_smurf wrote:
ilurrveniki wrote:

I agree with u!!! :cheers: Jun is not as tall as Rui but he's not that short either :D...the height is not an issue but what really matters is JUn can act :wub:
i agree my dear partner! :thumright:

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 19th, '07, 08:53

lee`s little alien wrote:
hey, partner!!! :cheers: TV sometimes makes someone appear bigger, taller, or shorter than he is in real life :lol when Janet Jackson was in a show standing beside Jun, I could swear Jun's tall XD (Janet may be that short? :scratch: hehehe

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 19th, '07, 09:04

blue_smurf wrote:
hey, partner!!! :cheers: TV sometimes makes someone appear bigger, taller, or shorter than he is in real life :lol when Janet Jackson was in a show standing beside Jun, I could swear Jun's tall XD (Janet may be that short? :scratch: hehehe
:lol he he!great things come in small packages or so they say,ne? :lol

fishy

Post by fishy » Jan 19th, '07, 09:07

blue_smurf wrote:
100000% agreee :cheers:

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 19th, '07, 09:08

fishy wrote:
blue_smurf wrote:
100000% agreee :cheers:
:lol :lol :lol :lol arigato :cheers:

ilurrveniki

Post by ilurrveniki » Jan 19th, '07, 09:13

blue_smurf wrote:
HEY! I totally agree with that saying!!! :cheers: :cheers:

WHOO HOOOOO! I hope some people in japan will be blogging LIVE and telling us what is happening.. although i'll prob be sleeping :roll

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 19th, '07, 09:17

ilurrveniki wrote:
blue_smurf wrote:

WHOO HOOOOO! I hope some people in japan will be blogging LIVE and telling us what is happening.. although i'll prob be sleeping :roll
where are u from hun?around here it`ll be around 4pm when the thirs ep will be aired!and probably when it`ll be around 12-1 am the raw will be out :mrgreen: CAN`T WAIIIIIIIIT!

ilurrveniki

Post by ilurrveniki » Jan 19th, '07, 09:21

ilurrveniki wrote:

where are u from hun?around here it`ll be around 4pm when the thirs ep will be aired!and probably when it`ll be around 12-1 am the raw will be out :mrgreen: CAN`T WAIIIIIIIIT!
I'm living in Australia and I think we are a bit ahead of them in terms of time zones... AEST here.. And it doesnt air until 9pm in japan?? O_O So it will prob be past midnight for me .. i' always make sure I wake up earlier on sat's to read ALL the spoilers! I just know that this thread will be moving very fast tomorrow morning!!

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 19th, '07, 09:22

correct!! :cheers: msot great peopple in history come in short packages XD like Napoleon, etc XD I wonder when SARS going to release ep.2 :-)
Last edited by blue_smurf on Jan 19th, '07, 09:31, edited 2 times in total.

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 19th, '07, 09:26

ilurrveniki wrote:
ilurrveniki wrote:

I'm living in Australia and I think we are a bit ahead of them in terms of time zones... AEST here.. And it doesnt air until 9pm in japan?? O_O So it will prob be past midnight for me .. i' always make sure I wake up earlier on sat's to read ALL the spoilers! I just know that this thread will be moving very fast tomorrow morning!!
i`m from romania and japan is with about 6 hour ahead! :P i don`t like readng the spoillers......i like to stay away until i watch the e[isode myself as it wouldn`t be so much fun watching it if i knew what will happen next :cry:

ilurrveniki

Post by ilurrveniki » Jan 19th, '07, 09:27

ilurrveniki wrote:
i`m from romania and japan is with about 6 hour ahead! :P i don`t like readng the spoillers......i like to stay away until i watch the e[isode myself as it wouldn`t be so much fun watching it if i knew what will happen next :cry:
WOW!! Romania? So your not Asian? I always fancy westerns who watch Asian series!! Its great to see the cultural diversity in today's society =D

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 19th, '07, 09:28

blue_smurf wrote:
correct!! :cheers: msot great peopple in history come in short packages XD like Napoleon, etc XD I wonder when SARS going to release ep.2 :-)
hmmmmmmm i sure hope it`ll be tonight or tomorrow :mrgreen: :wub:

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 19th, '07, 09:34

ilurrveniki wrote:
ilurrveniki wrote:
WOW!! Romania? So your not Asian? I always fancy westerns who watch Asian series!! Its great to see the cultural diversity in today's society =D
there`s not one single asian bone in me :lol yet yup i like animes and j-dramas :P we might be different culturaly speaking,but we`re all people ne?plus the asian culture is really interesting!it`s so different from ours! :O

ilurrveniki

Post by ilurrveniki » Jan 19th, '07, 09:37

ilurrveniki wrote:
there`s not one single asian bone in me :lol yet yup i like animes and j-dramas :P we might be different culturaly speaking,but we`re all people ne?plus the asian culture is really interesting!it`s so different from ours! :O
That is sooo awesome!! Sorry, I might be over-reacting, but I go to a full-asian school and everyone is into asian stuff, so its pretty interesting to know that sooo many other ethnic backgrounds watch these dramas!!

SUGOII!!! :cheers:

nice to meet you =)

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 19th, '07, 09:45

ilurrveniki wrote:
ilurrveniki wrote:
That is sooo awesome!! Sorry, I might be over-reacting, but I go to a full-asian school and everyone is into asian stuff, so its pretty interesting to know that sooo many other ethnic backgrounds watch these dramas!!

SUGOII!!! :cheers:

nice to meet you =)
i think that probably this difference atracts most of us the non asian people watch them!cos even if the things are different love is the same,sorrow is the same,we feel the basic things the same...even if the backgrounds are different it`s interesting to see how people manage things in different backgrounds!

nice to meet u too! :P :cheers:

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 19th, '07, 09:53

partner, SARS just released ep. 2 :cheers:

roswell990

Post by roswell990 » Jan 19th, '07, 10:13

really !! that was fast .. :D

i luv SARS !! :wub:

azzurri

Post by azzurri » Jan 19th, '07, 10:28

IndieRockerette wrote:
eegybur wrote:
gujjugal wrote:
-thanks a ton!!
Thank you so much for the links!

Thank you so much for the links! :cheers:

Yekiel

Post by Yekiel » Jan 19th, '07, 10:55

IndieRockerette wrote: And if anyone wants to read up on the HYD manga:
Hm, does anyone have Volume 28 downloaded?? It won't open with me, and it's the volume where Nishikado explains to Yuuki why he is the way he is - meaning an unbearably self-centred playboy (at least in the manga, I'm glad he's turning out to be not only hot, but also quite a decent guy in the series!)... Waaah, I wanna read this!! Anyone?

Aaaalso: it's 8 hours earlier here in Germany, than it is in Japan --> HYD3 will be screening in about an hour!! --> I should be able to watch it online this evening *dream*

Yippieh!! :wub:

Lily Evans

Post by Lily Evans » Jan 19th, '07, 11:19

Hello ppl =D!

I can see that all of you have seen HYD2.. great,... well, I didn't T_T!

The first ep. is so freakin' huge I can't d/l without having to delete some of the stuff on my PC T__T!
And to make matters worse, I have the 2nd ep. which I can't watch until I d/l the 1st one T__T can you imagine how I feel?
T___T
Can you tell me where I can find ep.1 in a reasonable size?

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 19th, '07, 11:32

woo! its a snow day (in tx!!!) so I get to sit and stalk! though its waaay early in the morning now

Rori

Post by Rori » Jan 19th, '07, 11:51

Anyone know how long till' Hanadan ep 3 airs?

xMarinax

Post by xMarinax » Jan 19th, '07, 12:01

@Lily Evans
here you can find episode 1 of HYD 2 in a reasonable size^^:
http://www.himura-kaoru.com/hanayoridango.php

Episode 3 only a few hours away. Juhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!! :alcoholic:

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 19th, '07, 12:17

xMarinax wrote:@Lily Evans

Episode 3 only a few hours away. Juhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!! :alcoholic:

omg....I found this site like a year ago and never got the address from my old computer before it crashed and was looking for it just recently but didnt find it then either, I was going to give it up as hopeless but then this popped up! IT'S FATE! something told me "stay awaaaaake"

*cries* thanks!

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 19th, '07, 12:21

blue_smurf wrote:partner, SARS just released ep. 2 :cheers:
yayyyyyyyy!whoah that was faster than we predicted ne? :lol

IndieRockerette

Post by IndieRockerette » Jan 19th, '07, 12:51

Yekiel wrote:
IndieRockerette wrote: And if anyone wants to read up on the HYD manga:
Hm, does anyone have Volume 28 downloaded?? It won't open with me, and it's the volume where Nishikado explains to Yuuki why he is the way he is - meaning an unbearably self-centred playboy (at least in the manga, I'm glad he's turning out to be not only hot, but also quite a decent guy in the series!)... Waaah, I wanna read this!! Anyone?

Aaaalso: it's 8 hours earlier here in Germany, than it is in Japan --> HYD3 will be screening in about an hour!! --> I should be able to watch it online this evening *dream*

Yippieh!! :wub:
I uploaded Volume 28 to a compressed zip on SendSpace:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hc6pay

Ah waiting for episode 3 is killing me! It's currently 4:48 AM here in Orange County, California :glare: . I have school for a few hours this morning at 7:00 AM :x . But everything is worth it in the name of Hana Yori Dango :lol ! Let's just hope I learn how to fastforward time haha 8) !

elyusai

Post by elyusai » Jan 19th, '07, 12:59

ilurrveniki wrote:

But that's what in the manga! :P

imanasian05

Post by imanasian05 » Jan 19th, '07, 13:48

OMG!!
Only 15 minutes left before HYD2 Episode 3 air in Japan. Waa~! T_T I can't watch it here! Huhu! T_T I wish Sars Fansub can subbed this episode as soon as possible. Hehe! :) Nah, it's okay. I can still wait for another week! Good luck on subbing tihs Episode!! Arigatou~!

jbondsr

Post by jbondsr » Jan 19th, '07, 13:59

Watching the third episode on TV now. (Using my TV Tuner card, halfway through the episode)

Hope this is not too spoitatsic. Just in case, I'll put my not too revealing views on 1 or to this in spoiler tags:
All I can say is "What a weird family!!" and "No Makino!!! What are you thinking?"

OMG.
The Domyouji information network is Incredibly fast. (Unless that wasn't in real time).
Well, gotta wait for next week. Looks interesting.

endoftime

Post by endoftime » Jan 19th, '07, 14:02

Good news for anyone anxious for HYD news. Without spoiling anything, the cliffhanger isn't as bad this week, but the cut-scenes for next week's episode look soooooooooo good. *plays the waiting game once more*

Now that two is out subbed, I can't wait to hear what everyone thought about it! It's so sad when I'm so ahead because I can't chat with anyone. ;_;

i'mNOangel

Post by i'mNOangel » Jan 19th, '07, 14:02

omg the third eps is already finish airing.

xMarinax

Post by xMarinax » Jan 19th, '07, 14:14

guyz please give me spoilers!!
... i am sooooo envious. :alcoholic: :cry:

addition:
but please use the spoiler tag :D
Last edited by xMarinax on Jan 19th, '07, 14:17, edited 1 time in total.

Lily Evans

Post by Lily Evans » Jan 19th, '07, 14:16

@Lily Evans
I had this one and never thought of checking it @@!! Baka Lily!
Thank you soooo much XD!! Lily-sama loves you-san XD XD

Rori

Post by Rori » Jan 19th, '07, 14:30

I think this is ep 3, streaming;

http://blog.naver.com/lov23

endoftime

Post by endoftime » Jan 19th, '07, 14:37

Rori wrote:I think this is ep 3, streaming;

http://blog.naver.com/lov23
Wow, someone was streaming it live? All this angst over the past few weeks over NOTHING? I've been so worried that I wouldn't get TBS because I only get four or five chapters, and I haven't been home while the show aired for the past two Fridays to check. If I had know that it was streamed, it would have made me less anxious if I didn't get the channel.

I'm so happy I got it, though, even if it was a bit fuzzy with the evil "snow" at times.

Sadly, I didn't understand as much of the episode this week as I did last week because it was more focused on dialogue and there were less context clues, but that's why I can watch it again later on with subtitles.

Do many shows stream live, or is it just HYD (and due to popularity)?

Also, very off-topic, but is there a drama involving doctors or something that comes on at 9 p.m. on Fridays right now? It wasn't the same channel as HYD, but there was a scene with a girl wearing a really pretty red dress and a guy, and another guy came over to them, then there were commercials and a scene at a river or something. The commercial break clip looked like a doctor-type scene.

I'm just curious because I'm trying to study my Japanese, and if this is a drama that has subs, I want to try to catch up so that I can watch this, too, since it comes on at a convenient time. Ahhh, HYD is the only drama that I know about currently airing in Japan...well, that and the teachers all love something called "Tokyo Tower" that I'll have to look into...

Anyways, sorry to ramble! Feel free to PM me since I've veered off-topic and don't want to clutter the board with non-HYD stuff!<3

Rori

Post by Rori » Jan 19th, '07, 14:41

And anyone who wants to know, spoilers for ep 4 can be found here:

http://arashi.vox.com/

*covers eyes*

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jan 19th, '07, 15:35

endoftime wrote:Also, very off-topic, but is there a drama involving doctors or something that comes on at 9 p.m. on Fridays right now? It wasn't the same channel as HYD, but there was a scene with a girl wearing a really pretty red dress and a guy, and another guy came over to them, then there were commercials and a scene at a river or something. The commercial break clip looked like a doctor-type scene.
hmmm... according to the wiki:
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Japanese_Dram ... inter_2007
the only hospital related drama this season is kirakira kenshui, but it's Thursdays at 10pm

But then, there could be other dramas not in the wiki

fybabe

Post by fybabe » Jan 19th, '07, 15:42

raw files of ep 3 are loading at shooshoo2 pd box

HaJoSa

Post by HaJoSa » Jan 19th, '07, 15:47

Hi guys,

When are going to upload the 3rd episode here?

I cant wait T_T