[Discussion] Hana Yori Dango Season 2

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
andievo

Post by andievo » Jan 22nd, '07, 20:09

shouldn't be ep 4 already released?? can't wait to watch it!!!

arabian

Post by arabian » Jan 22nd, '07, 20:13

andievo wrote:shouldn't be ep 4 already released?? can't wait to watch it!!!
No dear Eps4 still will be aired in japan in friday so maybe in friday or saturday the Eps 4 will be upload at the site..

andievo

Post by andievo » Jan 22nd, '07, 20:21

ok!! patience is a virtue! lool thanks for your fast answer!!

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jan 22nd, '07, 22:37

makino_sanbr wrote:Is out the rating for episode 3 of HYD2 is

19.2%

Hana Yori Dango 2 ------ 19.4% , 20.1% , 19.2%

Is not bad.. some other high ratings drama drooped and was at this mark too.
Karei Naru Ichizoku ------ 27.7% , 21.8%
NHK Fuurin Kazan ------ 21.0% , 20.0% , 19.8%
I can't believe fuurin and hyd have similar ratings. who watches those taiga anyways?

by the way... they shot akira's house scene on shun's birthday
and there are pics of shun playing with the giraffe in the room on the website

if we're going to say who has suffered the most, I'll say everyone has suffered in their own ways

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jan 22nd, '07, 22:47

lsqB wrote:I can't believe fuurin and hyd have similar ratings. who watches those taiga anyways?
old people, there's lots of them. Remember, Japan has highest avg life expectancy in the world (pop >5million)

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jan 22nd, '07, 22:54

auroragb wrote:
lsqB wrote:I can't believe fuurin and hyd have similar ratings. who watches those taiga anyways?
old people, there's lots of them. Remember, Japan has highest avg life expectancy in the world (pop >5million)
heh. NHK will die once those old people dies...
three major things NHK have-- taiga, kouhaku, asadora--are all aimed at elderly.

melica37

Post by melica37 » Jan 22nd, '07, 23:11

Plus Gackt is in Fuurin Kazan which would attract a few folks who weren't elderly.

Gorahgurl

Post by Gorahgurl » Jan 22nd, '07, 23:58

-wants to watch Fuurin Kazan because of Gackt- o.o;; -cough- -shuffles away in guilt- Hehe. ^_^;;

japysia

Post by japysia » Jan 23rd, '07, 00:25

lsqB wrote:
auroragb wrote:
heh. NHK will die once those old people dies...
three major things NHK have-- taiga, kouhaku, asadora--are all aimed at elderly.
I don't think so.
' Aging Japan: 1 million are now 90 or older
Agence France-Presse

SATURDAY, JUNE 4, 2005

TOKYO The elderly made up a record 19.5 percent of Japan's population in 2004, and the ratio will grow rapidly, the government said Friday, calling for efforts to keep seniors active and to salvage the pension system.

With fewer Japanese having children, the ratio of elderly people in the population climbed 0.5 percent from the previous year, with 24.8 million of Japan's 127.7 million people 65 or older, a government study said.

Japanese who are 90 or older totaled 1.016 million in 2004, rising above the one million mark for the first time, said the cabinet office report on an aging society.

It said the number of elderly people would continue to "rapidly increase" through 2020 before stabilizing.

"But an expected fall in the population as a whole will result in a rising ratio of elderly who will account for 26.0 percent of the population in 2015 and 35.7 percent of the population in 2050," the white paper said.'

belleza

Post by belleza » Jan 23rd, '07, 00:29

Hana Yori Dango 2 ------ 19.4% , 20.1% , 19.2%

Is not bad.. some other high ratings drama drooped and was at this mark too.
Karei Naru Ichizoku ------ 27.7% , 21.8%
NHK Fuurin Kazan ------ 21.0% , 20.0% , 19.8%
Yeah, it looks like not even Kimataku's show has been immune to the ratings tailspin that's been going on in the last year and a half. Yeah, ratings overall have been dropping since the mid-90s, but 2006 was really alarming. TBS had been banking on the new Kimataku and HYD to jumpstart the season. Most alarming is the mediocre performance thus far of the NHK taiga drama. Is it really that bad?!? (Or, uhm, are all the Gackt fangirls just waiting for their favorite V-K/500-year old vampire/Living Final Fantasy character to show up? :P )

As for taiga dramas . . . uhm, well, I watch taiga (and historical dramas in general.) As they say, an actor/actress knows they've made it if they star in a NHK taiga drama. The episode-to-episode production is more modest, and the acting is good, if not always great.

Fuurain Kazan seems interesting, much more action-oriented than the last 2 shows.

phramc

Post by phramc » Jan 23rd, '07, 00:33

oohh third episode is sooo good and yet so frustrating! :crazy:

Light

Post by Light » Jan 23rd, '07, 00:35

Seriously, I want to watch Fuurin Kazan too now... since Gackt is in it.... oh the prettyness..

belleza

Post by belleza » Jan 23rd, '07, 00:45

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing Gackt too, just to see if his performance avoids being cringe-worthy. They start airing Fuurin here in the States in 2 weeks.

Gorahgurl

Post by Gorahgurl » Jan 23rd, '07, 00:49

belleza wrote:Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing Gackt too, just to see if his performance avoids being cringe-worthy. They start airing Fuurin here in the States in 2 weeks.
What? o.o I didnt' hear about this...where, what time, channel, why? XD

belleza

Post by belleza » Jan 23rd, '07, 01:06

What? o.o I didnt' hear about this...where, what time, channel, why?
Huh, I forgot most people don't live in California. :D Our local Asian station KSCI, which airs Japanese programming every Saturday night, shows NHK taiga dramas in the Saturday night spot. Since Kyomi Tsuji just finished here (still haven't made up my mind on Yukie Nakama as a dramatic actress, except I'll watch her in everything regardless), they're going to start airing Fuurin in 2 weeks Since NHK is a public TV station, that should also be true for any local station that has regular Japanese programming.

From the preview clips I've seen of Gackt, he really, really, really sticks out. Everybody else looks believably like people of that era. Whereas Gackt looks like . . . (black haired) Kenshin. Or at least, a Final Fantasy character in the 1500s. So, yes, girls be pleased. :D

Kinda looking forward to 2008 NHK Taiga season. Apparently, Aoi Miyazaki (of Nana) is going to star in that one. Huh.

Gorahgurl

Post by Gorahgurl » Jan 23rd, '07, 01:13

Oh wow. So lucky. I live in MO and I don't think we have NHK. I'll check. I must check! -foams at mouth- Thank you for this info. ^_^

Also, does SARS have a guesstimate of when ep.3 hardsub will be out?

xjujux

Post by xjujux » Jan 23rd, '07, 01:25

IndieRockerette wrote:
xjujux wrote: Thank you SO much! :cheers: If I can ask you you just one more favor :scratch: I'm volume 34 right now but I can't seem to open volume #35. It says that the file is invalid. If you have it, then would you please upload it again for me in sendspace or anywhere else? Thank you greatly in advance!
No problem, here's the link to Volume 35:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/oav933

Ahh I am so happy right now! My Indianapolis Colts just won and now they're going to the Superbowl :cheers: !! Haha I know that's completely unrelated to HYD, but I'm so happy I couldn't contain myself :D !
omg, you are awesome! Thank you so much for doing this!

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Jan 23rd, '07, 01:38

princess_jime wrote:Eternal Snow: spoiler! uaaaaa! ya gotta close it! :lol
-------------------------------------Edited hehehe thanks! -----------------------------------

Say, I've been thinking, I feel warm in my heart every timeI see the new opening, among the reasons, there's a scene that's a wink to one of my fav. manga covers:
[img]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/P ... hydm6a.jpg[/img]
Isn't it lovely?
Oh we have another picture like this too..
is on HYD website

[img]http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/6094/hyd24pz.jpg[/img]

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jan 23rd, '07, 01:44

ooh I forgot Fuurin had gackt in it. that might explain it. I am no gackt fan so I just heard about it and then forgot it.

the last taiga I really watched was Shinsengumi!, where they had that katori shingo in it. I ended up watching hijikata and soujirou more though

@belleza, I didn't realize kyomi tsuji finished until you said that. I've been watching the last ten minutes of the last two episodes...and not really getting the plot ^^; I liked Nakama when she was in gokusen...but in taiga, it feels a bit weird.

haruhi-san

Post by haruhi-san » Jan 23rd, '07, 01:48

Yukie was good in Gokusen, I agree. :cheers:

I cant wait for Episode 4. Everything gets spicy and now is when spoilers are coming in. :thumleft:

xjujux

Post by xjujux » Jan 23rd, '07, 01:51

This is off-topic but does anybody know if there's a site with the manga Gokusen can be downloaded? Thanks!

haruhi-san

Post by haruhi-san » Jan 23rd, '07, 01:53

You can go to sars-fansubs.com and download Season 1 and 2 there! :wub:

twothreefour

Post by twothreefour » Jan 23rd, '07, 02:05

The Gokusen manga is currently being scanlated and is not finished but the downloads are available on this site: http://animejb.net/shinkumi/

belleza

Post by belleza » Jan 23rd, '07, 02:16

Yeah, the Gokusen manga is actually closer in spirit to something like My Boss My Hero than the Yukie Nakama drama. The Gokusen live-action could have been MUCH funnier, but FWIW, it's more moving written the way it was. And Yukie's so . . . sigh :D

ilovehyd

Re: Help.

Post by ilovehyd » Jan 23rd, '07, 02:31

IndieRockerette wrote:
ilovehyd wrote:Okay yeah, This Episode 3 thing Is really pissing me off.
I downloaded about 20 of them, They all dont work.
I downloaded Sub workshop.
I downloaded Gom player & BS player & DivXplayer
I converted the subs and saved the file as Subrip .
I tried playing the ep, But It still doesn't work!
Can someone please Email me, or private message me to help me out?
Can anyone Put it on a site? ..
Sorry for any inconviences, The subber may not want it to be posted on a site, but for most people It doesn't work on their comps, correct?

I'm not disrespecting, I'm just saying...
I use Storm Codec, which is a better version of Media Player Classic. It's always worked for me so maybe you can give it a try.
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Storm_Codec.htm

Then also download DirectVobSub, which makes viewing subs in the video file easier.
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/DirectVobSub.htm

Make sure you saved the video file and sub file under the same name. It should work if you do that. Oh, you don't need to open VobSub, it'll open itself automatically when you open both the video and sub files. Tell me if you still need help. I know I would be frustrated if I were you :unsure: .
Dude, Thanks so much, I'm gonna try it out right now.
Hmm, One of my friend said he has the whole season 2, and that its out in jap or some crap.
I kinda thought it wasn't, but I guess it is.
He's gonna give me a copy of it after, but it's too long of a way from now, so ima download ep 3 anyway 8) !
Thanks alot again

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jan 23rd, '07, 02:37

@ilovehyd
I use VLC to watch all my videos, and it's never failed me.
by the way, your friend couldn't have the whole season 2...because it hasn't even been aired in Japan yet.

ilovehyd

So, How are you guys feeling?

Post by ilovehyd » Jan 23rd, '07, 02:47

Let's all have a moment to get our HYD thoughts OUT!

Maaan, I can't wait till ep 4, holy moly.
With all that gibberish that has been goin' round, I mean, Who isn't excited?!
I have a feeling the rest of Season 2's just gonna be great.
Sadly, Its gonna be over after season 2, no more , nothing!
Blaaaah, I think I'm gonna cry once It's over.
I lo0ve hyd, yknow? It's like my life, my obsession 8)
OHHH, and I L O V E Domyoji Tsukasa TOO!
Like DAAAYUM ! He's just so Perfect in everyway.
I'm fricking envious of Makino, I swear.
And Envious Of shigeru. That girl Stole my lover's lips ;) ;) :) !
bwhahaha.
Well, I reallly wanted to make an hanayoridango addict support website.
Or just a normal site dedicated to hyd fans, and people who just can't let go yet ;) !
Anyone Up for a challeenge?
I'll neeed someone whose reallly good at graphics... And yknow, People who can just, help me out. :) !

Anyone? If you are, Email me, or private msg me. haha.

-----------------

So, How Are you guys feeeling? Let it ALL out! :) !

ilovehyd

Post by ilovehyd » Jan 23rd, '07, 02:49

lsqB wrote:@ilovehyd
by the way, your friend couldn't have the whole season 2...because it hasn't even been aired in Japan yet.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
But he says that he's got it, and is downloading it.
But hes not one to lie to me, so.. I dunn0o0.
Who knows, maybe he miraculously has it. bwahahaha.
I'll wait, either way. :) !

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jan 23rd, '07, 03:34

ilovehyd wrote:
He might be confusing season 1 and 2
because they are still shooting it, so it doesn't exist yet. So, unless he has a time machine, it's not possible.

belleza

Post by belleza » Jan 23rd, '07, 03:41

Eternal Snow
don`t u think that Doumyoji is the one who suffers the most??
This season, I think the person who's suffering the most is Makino, whereas last season it was really Doumyoji who went through the trial by fire.
I know some people feel that this season has been built on misunderstandings, or things that neither side are saying to each other. But my own bias says that the situation is more complicated than that.

Douymoji says that he had planned to tell Shigeru that Makino was the only person for him, but I don't know -- he says that, but I don't buy it. When Makino had asked him out on the date, she hadn't fully understood her own expectations for the date. None of this, all of the passive aggressive (but not exactly hateful) behaviour from Doumyoji toward Makino, doesn't make sense to her.

Doumyoji himself is flip-flopping on his resolve. As, frankly, he should because A) he loves Makino, but B) he has personal issues and C) he has family obligations. His mother is a villain, sure, but the businessalso makes her a villain, you know?
All of the F4 have Doumyoji's fate. Yes, they may romance and sleep with whomever, but they all understand (except for Rui, who seems insensible to his responsibility) that they cannot really choose who to love. Their marraiges must be to secure the power of their lines, and they cannot put themselves before their companies.
Makino genuinely empathizes with Doumyoji on this, which is a heartbreaking aspect of their story. After all, it's those reasons that made her so resistant after she knew his feelings. And this goes along with something Kathleen brought up during the first season . . . .

Kath:
Kathleen: You know, this scene made me think a lot too. In both manga and anime I didn't quite understand Tsukushi for being so passive. At first I was even really mad she was congratulating Shigeru and hugging her back. Putting myself in her place, I definitely wouldn't have the strength to cheer on her like that. The drama though gave me goosebumps. It felt so real. I think the drama adaption made me really understand Tsukushi's feelings.

Me:
Yeah, I think this kinda goes back to a discussion we had about Makino resisting Doumyoji in the manga.

Makino was a strong person, but extremely indecisive through much of the manga in regards to her feelings for Doumyoji. But that indecisiveness was brought out of issues with self-esteem or rather her class awareness between herself and the world Doumyoji lived in. And what was strange about Makino's feelings for Doumyoji was that, in a way, by not really accepting his love for her and their relationship, in her head, she didn't have to "lose" him. As long as she was in denial, things could "be the same" between them. She's STILL like that after the official manga run was over.
It's hard to describe properly, because Makino herself doesn't understand it; she herself never really understand why D fell for her in the first place, and what chance their bond has to survive. She believes in his love, and yet she has that pragmatic voice in her head telling her that their love just doesn't fit into their mutual reality. Or, rather, it doesn't fit into his.

This is reflected in the nature of their Saturnian bond. Makino will always be the girl worrying about her practical future, strongest when she sees a concrete goal in front of her to overcome, and weakest when articulating and fulfilling the matters of her heart, as in order to be that strong, she has to ignore the way of her heart. Makino will always be looking for friends who are allies in her goal, rather than people who truly empathize and understand her predicament (though of course she meets those people too.) And for that, she kinda remains enstranged from her own heart, naive and sensitive, and random and indecisive.

Saturn can be interpreted in two different ways, and the manga describes both well. It is, within the context of the story, a "love vs. pragmatism" issue that runs through the manga, and this is how Makino view the dilemna. It is, however, also "pride vs. prejudice", or in this case, whether it's really your preconceptions of what you can and cannot do/have that prevents you from being happy. And this is how Doumyoji sees the challenge. Doumyoji has innate belief in himself, because in his mind, nothing can break his indomitable will and nothing is stronger than the idea that they truly do love each other. And part of that challenge is him in learning that there's more similarities than differences between a "commoner" and a "prince", and in understanding the challenges Makino gives him. As long as he has this IDEA of their love, he can move mountains. That is, he will transform his world, so that he can be with with Makino. And, of course the problem is, this idea relies on two people, and Makino's emotional reticence means she's unable to speak to it, to really mirror Doumyoji's own conviction that she wants to be together. She always sees the challenges; she always brings everything down to common sense ; he always sees the opportunities; he always questions the small-mindedness of her and people like her.

I wanted to repost the part you brought up about her vision of Doumyoji walking away from her in the rain (i.e. the Rain scene.) In her eyes, Doumyoji can hate her and she would know how to respond. But if he just walked away without saying anything, she could do nothing, absolutely nothing, and it would break her heart completely.

And that's exactly what happened in Season 2 . . .

What we see with Shigeru is underlying their mutual insecurities over the relationship, much more explicitly than in the manga (where that relationship had not formally began.) Makino's relationship with Shigeru reinforces her fear that there's somebody out there who is well suited to that jeri-curl weirdo and his doll house. Makino's reactions toward Shigeru alarms Doumyoji because he didn't count on her giving up on their relationship, even if he perfectly understood the reasons and even if he himself caused most of her confusion. It's not fair to Makino, but he either expected or wished she would fight for him still.

Jun plays Doumyoji as a man with too many thoughts on his conscience. Jun walks with sadness and quiet self-disgust . . . and Jun makes Doumyoji into a young man. Inoue Mao plays Makino as a woman finally at her end. And she plays her devastaion in a slow burn because she doesn't understand why he walked away, WALKED away from her.
I read some people who are complaining about... because they think the drama put Shigeru as a crazy woman with no means.
But i totally sure they will show How Shigeru is strong at her feelings and loyal to her friends.
Yeah, without putting out spoilers, if they followed the Shigeru storyline, it's one of the darkest story arcs in HanaDan. Just to throw that observation out there, and it would be completely appropriate for the tone the show is seeking now.
I'm so happy to be able to talk with people who really like and try understand this characters.. Because i hear so much things this last days .. that geez.. make me feel
'They read and saw the same story as I?'
'Then people don't really understand the character or I'm totally wrong about everything'
Oh I know . . . I think the anime/manga fans experienced the storyline much, much differently than the other folks. To boot . . .
For example, we sometimes discussed how Makino could have fallen for a Doumyoji, given the storyline was so compressed that it literally seemed like he was treating her like crap one week and then he was madly in love with her the next day. And I think there's a valid point there; the first season flew on neatly running through the storyline and getting all the gags out there. You never felt the emotional weight, the rise and fall of their relationship, in the drama. You have to search to find why they fell in love with each other.

But we finally get that fulfillment in the first season in the finale. But, viewed another way, longtime HYD fans can now see the finale as really the beginning of the 2nd season or story arc of HYD. Some of that pathos we felt during the last episode of that season, up through the brilliant chorus between Saturn necklace and a limitless sunset, is in feeling that we were finally experiencing the catharsis, the relief, that would sum up what Makino and Doumyoji were, as characters, and then to each other.

For us, it was NEVER happily ever after. And it was more than bittersweet. It was about release, catharsis, about acknowledging how much pain they carried in their hearts, how much more pain they will feel in the future, and yet now share in the uncertain future of their love. The finale is about being brave enough to love and brave enough to hope and brave enough to have that brilliant moment sustain you through the years, knowin full well what was against you.

We talked about not being able to follow that journey with them, about feast or famine, we would not be able to be there at the end. We experience a unique satisfaction in knowing that the first season ended with the same mix of uncertainty and hope as the manga, and that the characters felt the same way we did.

All Doumyoji wanted in the first season was Makino to say she loved him. All the suffering he went through was in searching for a place in her heart. He knew early on he was in love with her; he couldn't believe the strength of his own love or how it was making him change as a human being. It was this love that initially repulsed him, that fascinated him, and then forced him to seek out love from her.

And, so, the finale ended Doumyoji's side of the story. But we never got to see how Makino really felt about her future.
I bring this all up, because this is how season 2 is being written, as Makino's side of their love, and their crucible. Can Makino overcome her sense of inferiority and muster enough courage to force a place into his world? Can Doumyoji reconcile love with his demons and changes of his evolving adulthood?

I just love this interpretation of the story. Even if the ratings don't live up to expectations, or if the season becomes a bag of rivalries, I'm thankful that they've written this show for the fans.

kiki

Post by kiki » Jan 23rd, '07, 04:05

for doumyoji to reject one second and love her another. i see as this, in the first episode, he had just went to hell with his inner demon, he had no one to help him, that why when f4 went to see him, he is pissed and complained that they never see him, in his own way, the life that he see is darken, he had no hope for the future and no hope to reconcile with makino, but as the story goes, i saw how many time he tried to reject and to abandone her, but he can't seem to say the word bye bye to her, when makino make that phone call to him, i think he resolve to be with her, to push away his demon and be with her, but thing didn't go as plan, and now she say good bye to him, all that demon that he been supress is coming out and he had no hope anymore, he give up. I think she the only one that could save him, last season she give him love, to realize that he is capable of it, this season, she also had to save him from himself.

ilovehyd

Post by ilovehyd » Jan 23rd, '07, 04:16

auroragb wrote:
ilovehyd wrote:
He might be confusing season 1 and 2
because they are still shooting it, so it doesn't exist yet. So, unless he has a time machine, it's not possible.
Ah. That might've been it. I think I'll let him in bout it tomoorow, he's not online. So Oh well.
Man, I'm still tryna get ep 3 to work ahhaa. =T

momotsuki

Post by momotsuki » Jan 23rd, '07, 04:28

belleza wrote:Eternal Snow

[
Oh I know . . . I think the anime/manga fans experienced the storyline much, much differently than the other folks. To boot . . .
For example, we sometimes discussed how Makino could have fallen for a Doumyoji, given the storyline was so compressed that it literally seemed like he was treating her like crap one week and then he was madly in love with her the next day. And I think there's a valid point there; the first season flew on neatly running through the storyline and getting all the gags out there. You never felt the emotional weight, the rise and fall of their relationship, in the drama. You have to search to find why they fell in love with each other.

But we finally get that fulfillment in the first season in the finale. But, viewed another way, longtime HYD fans can now see the finale as really the beginning of the 2nd season or story arc of HYD. Some of that pathos we felt during the last episode of that season, up through the brilliant chorus between Saturn necklace and a limitless sunset, is in feeling that we were finally experiencing the catharsis, the relief, that would sum up what Makino and Doumyoji were, as characters, and then to each other.

For us, it was NEVER happily ever after. And it was more than bittersweet. It was about release, catharsis, about acknowledging how much pain they carried in their hearts, how much more pain they will feel in the future, and yet now share in the uncertain future of their love. The finale is about being brave enough to love and brave enough to hope and brave enough to have that brilliant moment sustain you through the years, knowin full well what was against you.

We talked about not being able to follow that journey with them, about feast or famine, we would not be able to be there at the end. We experience a unique satisfaction in knowing that the first season ended with the same mix of uncertainty and hope as the manga, and that the characters felt the same way we did.

All Doumyoji wanted in the first season was Makino to say she loved him. All the suffering he went through was in searching for a place in her heart. He knew early on he was in love with her; he couldn't believe the strength of his own love or how it was making him change as a human being. It was this love that initially repulsed him, that fascinated him, and then forced him to seek out love from her.

And, so, the finale ended Doumyoji's side of the story. But we never got to see how Makino really felt about her future.
I bring this all up, because this is how season 2 is being written, as Makino's side of their love, and their crucible. Can Makino overcome her sense of inferiority and muster enough courage to force a place into his world? Can Doumyoji reconcile love with his demons and changes of his evolving adulthood?

I just love this interpretation of the story. Even if the ratings don't live up to expectations, or if the season becomes a bag of rivalries, I'm thankful that they've written this show for the fans.

I agree that it is Makino's side of the story--it's the side where she has to pursue Tsukasa, and act, rather than the version where she is passively waiting to overcome her fears. I recently re-read the manga and was struck by the amnesia arc--it occurred to me that perhaps it *wasn't* just yet another cheesy attempt to part them at a crucial moment, but an opportunity for Makino to get up her gumption and decide finally that she wants Doumyoji enough to actually try to win his love. Up until then it's been all D being sure about things and M waffling. SHe doesn't have to make an effort (except perhaps not to flee).

I feel that HYD2 cleverly incorporates aspects of this arc (without the cheese)--D is acting like he has forgotten all about M and is cold to her, and Soujiro even specifically warns her that if she doesn't try to get D back, Shigeru will have him. So whatever D's inner conflict is plays the role of the amnesia, with Shigeru in the Yumi role. She's just as innocently getting in the way of the true lovers, completely misunderstanding the situation.

belleza

Post by belleza » Jan 23rd, '07, 05:01

him, i think he resolve to be with her, to push away his demon and be with her, but thing didn't go as plan, and now she say good bye to him, all that demon that he been supress is coming out and he had no hope anymore, he give up
Oh indeed. Behind all that hair gel, Doumyoji is crying for help. If you could save me from the ranks of the freaks who suspect they could never love anyone. Banzai!!
I recently re-read the manga and was struck by the amnesia arc--it occurred to me that perhaps it *wasn't* just yet another cheesy attempt to part them
Oh, I STILL feel that way about that arc! :D Without it, there would have been no MG2, eh? Somewhere a HYD fan is yawning in agony . . . . ;)
Up until then it's been all D being sure about things and M waffling. SHe doesn't have to make an effort (except perhaps not to flee).
Oh indeed.
She follows him to New York City, she gets the courage to reach out to ask him out, she makes another gift (this time, pointedly reminding him of his bond with and her own affection for the F4 friendship.) She even gives up on him, as a way maybe to make peace with him, because she believes that it's what he truly wants. Or at least she wants him to do something.

She's groping for something, anything, any reaction. But everytime he walks away, and she doesn't know what to do.

I would love for the show to try giving Makino the amnesia. It's the K-drama plot twist this show deserves! :D
She's just as innocently getting in the way of the true lovers, completely misunderstanding the situation
And that's the thing, I love Shigeru. She's tragic in her own way, you know?

BTW, what's the biggest thread on D-addicts? Dare we break the record? ;)

ilovehyd

Tsukasa's Dreams.

Post by ilovehyd » Jan 23rd, '07, 05:04

Hey, What do you guys think Tsukasa's dreams are about?

I dont know why, But I think It has to Do something with Tsukasa's Dad's Relationship with his mom. Wait... Actually..
I think Its kinda the same situation as Domyoji and Makino.
But with his parents..
So, Kaede had to marry some rich dude, and The guy whose screaming Banzai, Is screaming banzai to congratulate kaede and the rich dude. Then He suicides, cause he can't be with her. . . . .
Maybe It doesn't make sense to you,
But I got it running over and over in my mind, IF you know what I mean.

ilovehyd

Post by ilovehyd » Jan 23rd, '07, 05:05

belleza wrote:
And that's the thing, I love Shigeru. She's tragic in her own way, you know?

BTW, what's the biggest thread on D-addicts? Dare we break the record? ;)
I bet we already HAVE! hahaha. We're probably going to anyway ;) !
Last edited by ilovehyd on Jan 23rd, '07, 05:06, edited 1 time in total.

shirlie

Post by shirlie » Jan 23rd, '07, 05:06

AHHH i have an imac and when i installed "TitleLAB" to open the .srt file that episode three "softsub" comes in... what do i do? it displays the subtitles.. does that mean i have to watch and read two open windows.. or is there some way to combine it with the show i downloaded? =)

thanks guys!

hhv94

Post by hhv94 » Jan 23rd, '07, 05:08

The dream sequence is a bit sketchy, but that guy in his dream does seem to look like a co-worker who took his own life. Especialy since his shown talking to Tsukasa so I dont think its a personal relation although you never know. The whole incident might have triggered a past memory from Tsukasa's own past. Depends realy but a big possibility.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 23rd, '07, 05:14

im kinda curious if they have really finished the manga in hana yori dango? im so out of date...

hamstaball

Post by hamstaball » Jan 23rd, '07, 07:26

belleza wrote:BTW, what's the biggest thread on D-addicts? Dare we break the record? ;)
BIGGEST THREAD = YAMASHITA TOMOHISA..
if u havnt been there, its like double this thread right now. 375 pages!
good luck girls...

Le_Muse
Location: California (because we practically are our own country^^)

Post by Le_Muse » Jan 23rd, '07, 07:28

belleza wrote:
I recently re-read the manga and was struck by the amnesia arc--it occurred to me that perhaps it *wasn't* just yet another cheesy attempt to part them
Oh, I STILL feel that way about that arc! :D Without it, there would have been no MG2, eh? Somewhere a HYD fan is yawning in agony . . . . ;)
Oh god no...anything but that!!
That arc gave ME amnesia as a fan....I just pretend it never happened haha

dee8o8

Post by dee8o8 » Jan 23rd, '07, 07:43

im glad that we on daddicts have fellow manga/anime followers!

it brings so much more insight to what MAY happen and i can anticipate in my mind a ga-jillion ways the story will play out. just gets me even more excited to watch the next episode.
love seeing all the responses people have to how the drama will play out.
thanks guys!

as for me im totally oblivious to the manga and anime since ive never heard of them prior to the drama. dont intend on reading it or watching it either. im content with the drama. also like someone said.. glad to hear they arent straying from the manga story line much.

like when initial d got "americanized" and IMO screwed...*snicker* tak how lame is that?*snicker* i got pissed! how dare they change the original.. so what if 99% of the americans cant pronounce hachi-roku right.. screw them.. why change the orig? i dared not to even watch a sec of the "americanized" version....

glad to hear that isnt happenning to HYD!!

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 23rd, '07, 07:56

biniBningPunkista wrote:im kinda curious if they have really finished the manga in hana yori dango? im so out of date...
tsbeen done for a while, they recently came out with a special
she's now working on cat street which i HIGHLY RECOMMEND

anyway, just four more days until friday! kjsnvukajscbafb
THE ANTICIPATION!

YamapisWifey

Post by YamapisWifey » Jan 23rd, '07, 08:01

tsukasa's dreams i think has to do with one of domyoji's employees who probably got fired or something and suicided. and probably his decision to get married has to do with *saving* lives as he puts it and to think of the thousands of employees who will be w/o a job.

i was saying how the secretary isn't a bad man after all from ep 3. but maybe he has other plans up his sleeves, like making tsukasa look real bad to piss off his mom so badly that she disowns him and maybe the secretary can take over the company after that..personal greed i dont know O_O

hamstaball

Post by hamstaball » Jan 23rd, '07, 08:15

well maybe nishida is a good preson after all?
but he DID deliver that evil invitation for domyouji's birthday party :glare:
but in HYD he wasnt that bad, he followed the basic plots of domyouji's mom but in the end, he semi-stood by tsukasa's and makino's side.

belleza

Post by belleza » Jan 23rd, '07, 08:24

if u havnt been there, its like double this thread right now. 375 pages!
good luck girls...
Oh sweet baby geezus :O That's like the Koda Kumi thread over at jpopmusic. hey that's an idea. if we post random pictures of Jun, Shun, Jun x Shun, and lotsa Koda Kumi this thread, maybe we can there . . . .

Okay, in other words, we gotta cover 200 pages. Let's see . . .

200 pages (oh dear God ) / 8 episodes left = 25 pages per week.
25 pages / 7 days = 3.6 pages per day.
3.6 pages per day = about 36 posts per day.

See mommy my math do good! :D Anyway, hellz no. Yamapi truly owns all. Wow.

hamstaball

Post by hamstaball » Jan 23rd, '07, 08:29

3.6 pages per day = about 36 posts per day.
15 posts per page which makes it 54 posts per day lol

ilurrveniki

Post by ilurrveniki » Jan 23rd, '07, 08:32

hamstaball wrote:well maybe nishida is a good preson after all?
but in HYD he wasnt that bad, he followed the basic plots of domyouji's mom but in the end, he semi-stood by tsukasa's and makino's side.
Remember thisL

Nishida stands "on the side of justice" :lol

Afterall, Tsukasa & Tsukushi really fell in love with each other- unlike the arranged marriage of Shigeru&Tsukasa

hamstaball

Post by hamstaball » Jan 23rd, '07, 08:37

the side of justice happens to be jun tied to my bed :D :D :D
i like that kind of justice

but arranged marriage doesnt necessarily mean both must hate each other, since shigeru IS indeed in love w/ tsukasa.

belleza

Post by belleza » Jan 23rd, '07, 08:38

15 posts per page which makes it 54 posts per day lol
54 posts per day? Does the spam filter allow 54 posts a day? :D

Ah, see, that's the impossible dream. Damn you Yamapi and your perfect skin! :cussing:
well maybe nishida is a good preson after all?
Nishida is a good person, but the truth is, Kaede herself is not completely evil. Mom and son are the two Sith; she teaches Tsukasa the way of ultimate power, and in turn when Tsukasa succeeds mommy, he must slay her and then choose a rightful heir. For 2000 years, the Doumyojis have ruled this way. The bling bling is strong in their family. ;)

She is ruthless and truly cruel, but it is also the nature of the corporate beast. And I suppose she is right; the bargain you make to have this wealth and power is to accept its burden and responsibility. Nishida serves the interests of the family, but I suppose he genuinely believes in the virtue of the matriarch Doumyoji's authority.

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 23rd, '07, 09:32

ilurrveniki wrote:
hamstaball wrote:well maybe nishida is a good preson after all?
Remember thisL

Nishida stands "on the side of justice" :lol

Afterall, Tsukasa & Tsukushi really fell in love with each other- unlike the arranged marriage of Shigeru&Tsukasa
remember that nishida helped tsukasa once in hyd season1 too!when tsukushi went to tsukasa`s mom and kicked her ass(theoretically speaking),nishida told tsukasa that she had a;ready left and he said something else can`t remember exactly his words :lol plus he"stands on the side of justice" :lol :lol :lol :lol "for love and justice sailor nishida"tsukini kawa te oschokio!"(i`m sure i didn`t spell it right) :lol

karoooh

Post by karoooh » Jan 23rd, '07, 10:45

Guys, I need help!

I've tried downloading EVERYTHING, and I still can't get my hands on the Eng sub of Ep 3! Please help! I don't know what to do! Does anyone know of a website that I can get my hands on that's posted the ep? Google video was my source, but they've caught onto that aswell, so now I have bupcus! :(

Anything is greatly appreciated!

SuO

Post by SuO » Jan 23rd, '07, 12:59

excuse me for asking this random question
but how long is one episode? :P :lol

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 23rd, '07, 13:03

SuO wrote:excuse me for asking this random question
but how long is one episode? :P :lol
well normal episodes are 45minutes long!but the first one from the 2nd season was almost 2hours long :mrgreen:

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 23rd, '07, 13:29

hamstaball, I like what u wrote above ur siggy---MatsuJun is seriosuly tied to my bed and that's what I would like to call JUSTICE XD XD XD XD XD

piru666

Post by piru666 » Jan 23rd, '07, 13:34

MatsuJun is so cute in every Drama. ´

I also have a question:

Where can I get a programm to make my own subtitels?

Lifo

Post by Lifo » Jan 23rd, '07, 13:39

Nishida IS a good guy, who ever said he wasn't =P ?
In ep. 4 Rui is going to Kiss makino !!!!!!
I REALLY thought something like this would happen, another conflict XD !!

i'mNOangel

Post by i'mNOangel » Jan 23rd, '07, 13:54

omg i really really hate the thought of rui falling in love with makino...coz how bad the situation is makino and tsukasa WILL end up together and rui will only get hurt.and i really like rui i just hope he will end up with a nice girl.too bad it won't happens.:(

eUxaZnxRo

Post by eUxaZnxRo » Jan 23rd, '07, 14:02

i'mNOangel wrote:omg i really really hate the thought of rui falling in love with makino...coz how bad the situation is makino and tsukasa WILL end up together and rui will only get hurt.and i really like rui i just hope he will end up with a nice girl.too bad it won't happens.:(
I think a lot of girls agree that we don't mind if Rui ends up with one of us :wub:

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jan 23rd, '07, 14:41

I think the dream sequence is...
when he first got to NY, he was too naive and too much in love to care about work, and didn't take it seriously. Then one day, the company had to downside and either he directly fired the guy, or some other dept in the company had to fire him. Before they fired him, Doumyouji was really good friends with them, and even dined with them, but after they fired him... the guy went insane and disappointed in himself and just committed suicide. And Doumyouji probably blames it on himself because he didn't take his job seriously enough.
This'll explain why he looks at beggers differently now. In the last season, he only saw what's in his world. In this season, he's starting to see beyond his world and into Makino's.
Which makes me wonder how he'll react to Makino's dad getting fired in the next episode... probably nothing though, because her dad's moving to the fishing village, and he's only showing up when she starts living alone.
It also explain why he stopped calling her in the summer--because he realized he has to shape up. (I'm guessing everyone's already watched the first episode?)

And this is why he's always
saying he's no longer a kid. Remember when the guys ask him why he keep saying it, and whether he has any reasons to grow up so fast? I bet Doumyouji wanted to tell them about this, but couldn't. Also in previous ep, he tells them "you guys should know, as a legacy also, what my world is like" and he never really says what it's like, but just hints at it. I think he wanted to say this, but he couldn't
And couple pages ago somebody said this drama isn't about the misunderstanding...which I disagree.
It is ENTIRELY about misunderstanding and miscommunication. So many times I've wished for Doumyouji and Makino to stop worrying about what the other one thinks and just speak his/her mind. If only Doumyouji had spoken faster...
she won't have had the chance to say goodbye and shuts the case
If only Makino had been more truthful about her feelings in NY...
she could have came home feeling more confident about their relationship
It's Makino's pride and Doumyouji's effort to try and keep both world that's driving them apart.

i'mNOangel

Post by i'mNOangel » Jan 23rd, '07, 14:59

lsqB wrote:I think the dream sequence is...
when he first got to NY, he was too naive and too much in love to care about work, and didn't take it seriously. Then one day, the company had to downside and either he directly fired the guy, or some other dept in the company had to fire him. Before they fired him, Doumyouji was really good friends with them, and even dined with them, but after they fired him... the guy went insane and disappointed in himself and just committed suicide. And Doumyouji probably blames it on himself because he didn't take his job seriously enough.
This'll explain why he looks at beggers differently now. In the last season, he only saw what's in his world. In this season, he's starting to see beyond his world and into Makino's.
Which makes me wonder how he'll react to Makino's dad getting fired in the next episode... probably nothing though, because her dad's moving to the fishing village, and he's only showing up when she starts living alone.
It also explain why he stopped calling her in the summer--because he realized he has to shape up. (I'm guessing everyone's already watched the first episode?)

And this is why he's always
saying he's no longer a kid. Remember when the guys ask him why he keep saying it, and whether he has any reasons to grow up so fast? I bet Doumyouji wanted to tell them about this, but couldn't. Also in previous ep, he tells them "you guys should know, as a legacy also, what my world is like" and he never really says what it's like, but just hints at it. I think he wanted to say this, but he couldn't
And couple pages ago somebody said this drama isn't about the misunderstanding...which I disagree.
It is ENTIRELY about misunderstanding and miscommunication. So many times I've wished for Doumyouji and Makino to stop worrying about what the other one thinks and just speak his/her mind. If only Doumyouji had spoken faster...
she won't have had the chance to say goodbye and shuts the case
If only Makino had been more truthful about her feelings in NY...
she could have came home feeling more confident about their relationship
It's Makino's pride and Doumyouji's effort to try and keep both world that's driving them apart.

i totally agree with you ....and you really explain it well :D

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 23rd, '07, 15:08

:blink :blink :blink :blink so well said!everything u said totally makes sense!and i totally agree with u! :blink

roswell990

Post by roswell990 » Jan 23rd, '07, 15:44

u have truly explained everything , thats why things are coming clear to me :lol
had anyone noticed how scary is Domyoji's mother when she smiles .. or is just me?? :scratch:

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 23rd, '07, 15:53

roswell990 wrote:u have truly explained everything , thats why things are coming clear to me :lol
had anyone noticed how scary is Domyoji's mother when she smiles .. or is just me?? :scratch:
oh yeah!
she really is scarry when she laughs!she has a witchy laugh that can give u shivers down ur spine :unsure:

ohcrapimonfire

Post by ohcrapimonfire » Jan 23rd, '07, 16:11

awww I think Doumyoji's mother in the drama is kind of cute, even though she's evil. She was funny in the very end of the last episode of season one (I think I left my sunglasses in the airport...)

She's really creepy in the manga, though :(

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 23rd, '07, 16:59

u know what i just realised that
onee-sama didn`t appear for 2 episodes :lol i wonder where is she?i`m sure that if she was around,tsukasa and tsukushi would be all lovey-dovey now!onee-sama!!!!11help them out!

JC

Post by JC » Jan 23rd, '07, 17:22

The music in the second episode reminded me alot of Kurosagi. A bit of a random thing to say, but it did. :-)

tv_addict

Post by tv_addict » Jan 23rd, '07, 17:46

roswell990 wrote:u have truly explained everything , thats why things are coming clear to me :lol
hmm... isnt domyoji's mom supposed to be strict and stern looking and never laugh or smile? compare to the manga... this one definitely smile and laughs alot!

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 23rd, '07, 17:52

tv_addict wrote:
hmm... isnt domyoji's mom supposed to be strict and stern looking and never laugh or smile? compare to the manga... this one definitely smile and laughs alot!
yeah but she has a very creepy,scarry laugh! :lol she laughs exactly like a bad witch :scratch:

wnndy

Post by wnndy » Jan 23rd, '07, 18:06

hana yori dango is the japanese version right? there is also a twversion named meteor garden... meteor garden was after hana yori dango right? but how come there was already a meteor garden 2 (this one was not really good i heard) and the hana yori dango 2 is starting only just now? does it have the same storyline as the tw meteor garden 2? if so..how come it's so populair, the twversion kind of flopped

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jan 23rd, '07, 18:30

wnndy wrote:hana yori dango is the japanese version right? there is also a twversion named meteor garden... meteor garden was after hana yori dango right? but how come there was already a meteor garden 2 (this one was not really good i heard) and the hana yori dango 2 is starting only just now? does it have the same storyline as the tw meteor garden 2? if so..how come it's so populair, the twversion kind of flopped
MG and HYD are both based on the HYD manga. MG is the drama which brought the concept of idol drama to TW. It was done in 2001, following up on the popularity, they made MG2, it was horrible. Mainly because the writing was poor, also, when MG1 was made, there were no idol dramas in Chinese dramas at all (HK/mainland/TW included), so it had not competition. By the time MG2 came out, there had been a few good and poor ones and people were expecting the best from MG2. It did not deliver

HYD was made in 2005 also based on the same manga, but with different writers, directors, etc and a MUCH BIGGER budget, and it paid off handsomely. HYD2 follows HYD.

in short, MG and HYD have nothing to do with one another other than based on same manga

HaJoSa

Post by HaJoSa » Jan 23rd, '07, 18:50

Hi guys,

Any spoiler for ep 4?? :roll

ilovehyd

Post by ilovehyd » Jan 23rd, '07, 19:07

ohcrapimonfire wrote:awww I think Doumyoji's mother in the drama is kind of cute, even though she's evil. She was funny in the very end of the last episode of season one (I think I left my sunglasses in the airport...)

She's really creepy in the manga, though :(
Haha, Same here. I just loved the sunglasses thing. I dont think Kaede I reallly that evil.
Something must have happened to her to be thinking how she thinks, and stuff right? ( cough domyoji's dreams, cough*

ilovehyd

Post by ilovehyd » Jan 23rd, '07, 19:08

anyone know a good place to get pictures of season 2 ?
I'm gonna attempt to make some icons and backgrounds.

mun78

Post by mun78 » Jan 23rd, '07, 19:10

k6hr7df
Last edited by mun78 on Jan 23rd, '07, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.