Best all time kiss on Japanese TV drama

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
richardli

Best all time kiss on Japanese TV drama

Post by richardli » Jan 31st, '07, 10:42

If you can think back through all the Japanese TV dramas you've watched and can remember the classic kissing scenes between the main characthers which do you think is the best scene?

Watch this clip to see some old TV drama kisses
http://japansugoi.com/wordpress/great-k ... panese-tv/

I think the best kiss was Matsushima Nanako kissing Tsutsumi Shinichi in Yamato Nadeshiko (Perfect Woman). She normally plays kind of stuck up characters so when she finally kisses...WOW!!

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Jan 31st, '07, 17:10

Thanks so much for posting link to this video, it was a very interesting one :D

I haven't seen that many older dramas, but my favorite kiss scene is that last one in Long Vacation. "I'm gonna kiss you if you don't say 'yes'." then Yamaguchi Tomoko does the 'zip' on her mouth!

That first one in the video with Asano Atsuko was so crazy! I really want to watch that, and Itsuka Mata Aeru one was just hilarious. :tv:

I like these older series. Too bad it's so hard to come by for me. They were so much more moving and it seems like they stopped making plain love story lately... Just couple of Junai drama with critical illnesses as main focus.

Moondy

Post by Moondy » Feb 1st, '07, 21:06

Wonderful video!!!
:lol :lol :lol :lol

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » Feb 1st, '07, 21:45

Funny video!!! Thanks for sharing! And, I agree... I don't think they make nearly enough love stories these days like they used to. There's something very different about the feel of the older love stories.

My favorite is still between Toyohara Kosuke and Yamaguchi Tomoko in <i>Long Vacation</i>...

franchosa

Post by franchosa » Feb 1st, '07, 22:04

My favorite one is the kiss between Hideaki Takizawa and Hasegawa Kyoko on Boku Dake No Madonna after Tackey ran around the track and told Kyoko he loves her everything. Anyway, it was on the final episode. Tackey can kiss! :wub:

Yekiel

Post by Yekiel » Feb 1st, '07, 22:14

My favourite is still between Koyuki and MatsuJun in "Kimi wa Petto"! "Can I kiss you? Because - like - this is the last time

And that stupid woman finally realizes what's been right in front of her nose all the time...

Sorry, can't find a pic of that one :(

And one that I think will be awsesome, if it ever happens: Matsuda Shota kissing the girl that plays Yuuki in HYD2...

groink

Post by groink » Feb 2nd, '07, 01:09

I'm not that much into kissing scenes. But I find it totally funny that one of my favorites was actually in that video. Itsuka Mata Aeru, episode 1 with Otsuka Nene and Imada Koji. Earlier in that day, Junko and Kanzo had lunch together. During lunch, Junko gets pissed off at Kanzo for saying, "My job's not that great anyway", giving Junko the impression that he has no coherency in his life, and that she dislikes him because he takes his work lightly.

In the scene you see in the video, Kanzo was waiting outside of the Fuji Radio office for Junko to come out (it was very early in the morning, which is why there was very little sunlight there.) She finally comes out to go home. Kanzo then faces Junko:

Junko: What's wrong? Were you drinking all night?

Kanzo: I couldn't sleep.

J: Eh?

K: ... because of what you said.

J: What are you talking about?

K: I got so upset... that I couldn't sleep!

J: What is it?

K: You said you dislike men who took their work lightly!

J: Is that so! You said it yourself that it wasn't much.

K: I don't like women like you! I hate women like you!

And then Kanzo gives Junko that kiss. It was so funny because she just stands there with her eyes open and wondering to herself, "What the ??#$". After the kiss, he backs away to see what her reaction is. She's just totally shocked and couldn't really say anything, so Kanzo starts to run away like a little kid. That scene is sooooooooooo funny! And knowing Imada Koji's personality off-camera, it just makes this scene ten times funnier.

--- groink

groink

Post by groink » Feb 2nd, '07, 08:28

BTW, here's a list of all the dramas and artists appearing in that kissing clip:

Sekai de Ichiban Kimi ga Suki (1990-Jan-8 to Mar-19)
Mikami Hiroshi and Asano Atsuko

Over Time (1999-Jan-4 to Mar-22)
Esumi Makiko and Sorimachi Takashi

Yamato Nadeshiko (2000-Oct-9 to Dec-31)
Matsushima Nanako and Tsutsumi Shinichi

Kimi no Hitomi wo Taihosuru! (1988-Jan-4 to Mar-21)
Asano Yuko and Jinnai Takanori

Tsugouno Ii Onna (1993-Oct-14 to Dec-23)
Asano Yuko and Kazama Morio

Sayonara wo Mouichido (1992-Apr-15 to June-24)
Ishida Yuriko and Ishijda Junichi

Itsuka Mata Aeru (1995-July-3 to Sept-18 )
Otsuka Nene and Imada Koji

PATIO (1992-Sept-18 )
Kikuchi Momoko and Hosaka Naoki

--- groink

knuts

Post by knuts » Feb 3rd, '07, 21:03

groink wrote:BTW, here's a list of all the dramas and artists appearing in that kissing clip:

Sekai de Ichiban Kimi ga Suki (1990-Jan-8 to Mar-19)
Mikami Hiroshi and Asano Atsuko

Over Time (1999-Jan-4 to Mar-22)
Esumi Makiko and Sorimachi Takashi

Yamato Nadeshiko (2000-Oct-9 to Dec-31)
Matsushima Nanako and Tsutsumi Shinichi

Kimi no Hitomi wo Taihosuru! (1988-Jan-4 to Mar-21)
Asano Yuko and Jinnai Takanori

Tsugouno Ii Onna (1993-Oct-14 to Dec-23)
Asano Yuko and Kazama Morio

Sayonara wo Mouichido (1992-Apr-15 to June-24)
Ishida Yuriko and Ishijda Junichi

Itsuka Mata Aeru (1995-July-3 to Sept-18 )
Otsuka Nene and Imada Koji

PATIO (1992-Sept-18 )
Kikuchi Momoko and Hosaka Naoki

--- groink
Groink, thanks for the info.

nicpkh

Post by nicpkh » Feb 4th, '07, 03:07

I love the kisses in Densha Otoko kakakakka....Dont u all agree wit me? :D :D :D

nilu20

Post by nilu20 » Feb 4th, '07, 03:24

I totally love the kiss at the very end of Hana Yori Dango. It was really romantic! :wub: :wub:

FlameWolf21

Hey

Post by FlameWolf21 » Feb 4th, '07, 03:35

Can we open this up to best asian drama kiss... because for Japanese I think Anego's kiss is the best, and i think it's because i've only seen the newer dramas. But i think the best all time kiss ever is in Devil Beside You... with Mike He like in any freaken drama that boy is in... damn can you say HOT... Just go to this link and you will understand
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp_hNL6s ... ed&search=

He is so fine and damn i'd kiss him any day

FlameWolf21

Post by FlameWolf21 » Feb 4th, '07, 03:36

BTW watch to the end of the video the kiss on the bed is the hottest

groink

Re: Hey

Post by groink » Feb 4th, '07, 03:57

FlameWolf21 wrote:Can we open this up to best asian drama kiss... because for Japanese I think Anego's kiss is the best, and i think it's because i've only seen the newer dramas. But i think the best all time kiss ever is in Devil Beside You... with Mike He like in any freaken drama that boy is in... damn can you say HOT... Just go to this link and you will understand
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp_hNL6s ... ed&search=

He is so fine and damn i'd kiss him any day
No, because the Korean drama fans have their own "kiss" topic.
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_40470_0.htm

Don't need to bring K-dramas into a Japanese drama topic.

--- groink

FlameWolf21

Ok

Post by FlameWolf21 » Feb 4th, '07, 04:04

Ok no prob i didn't know that lol. But yeah i just feel that Anego played it the best and i love Jin but i also love Hana Yori Dnago's Kiss because you kinda waited for that moment forever and if you watched the behind the scene kiss it was so cool. I think it's the best kiss for me.

japysia

Post by japysia » Feb 4th, '07, 09:26

My fav:

1- KImura Takuya & Takeuchi Yuko in Pride (setsunaiiii...)
2- Kimura Takuya & Yamaguchi Tomoko in Long Vacation (BAKAwaiii...)
3- Matsushima Nanako & Hideaki Takizawa in Majo no Jouken (hageshii!!! ~ kindan no kiss ~)
Last edited by japysia on Mar 3rd, '07, 12:56, edited 3 times in total.

Yekiel

Post by Yekiel » Feb 4th, '07, 09:47

Aaah, I totally forgot about "Pride"! Maybe I should revise...

cuteangelika

Post by cuteangelika » Feb 4th, '07, 10:36

PRIDE!!!! Hands down....i watched episode 6 ten times.. my husband got annoyed with me for watching it repeatedly.... haha..

blablabla

Post by blablabla » Feb 20th, '07, 07:00

don't forget about Tokyo Wankei with Nakama Yukie!

Wuzixi

Post by Wuzixi » Feb 20th, '07, 07:15

Hana Yori Dango of course!

EMTQueen

Post by EMTQueen » Feb 21st, '07, 01:44

I'm going to have to say Orange Days. The entire scene was so adorable and sealed my Kou Shibasaki/Satoshi Tsumabuki OTP fangirlism.

beer

Post by beer » Feb 21st, '07, 02:25

Well the best kisses in any Asian drama are where one of the characters bumps into another (most often but not always of different gender) and the next thing you know the first kiss has been stolen and invaribaly the guy will swear that he'll take the responsibility.

Then there are all those first aid kisses, when somebody does his/her best to revive the other party and later ends up taking the responsibility.

Most kissing scenes make you think of toothpaste. The best kissing scene was probably in IGPW ep01 where Kubozuka Yosuke kisses Sakaguchi Kenji's after defeating him.

And yes, I probably shouldn't have posted in this topic. :)

feedmeister

Post by feedmeister » Feb 21st, '07, 03:26

Wow, two Long Vacation kisses here and neither is the one I'm thinking of.

My favorite is Kimtaku and Yamaguchi Tomoko at the end of episode six. There's no big romantic lead in, they're just talking until he asks "Kissu shiyou ka?", she gives him like a "yeah sure" with an "Ii yo" and then the slow-mo, music and wind kick in. It starts with just a peck and winds up in the neck.

[/img]

bakababa

Post by bakababa » Feb 21st, '07, 03:35

Thanks for posting the link :)

My favorite kiss scene is when Nodame stole a kiss from Chiaki Sempai while he fake sleeping. It's not a *real* kiss but I think it's really cute :wub: :roll

bria333

Post by bria333 » Feb 21st, '07, 10:21

What a great thread! Thanks for posting this. I am getting plenty of ideas for checking out shows (“Pride” now at top of list). I have to say I’m also partial to Kimi Wa Petto because it was quite passionate compared to most of the shows I have seen. Although the kisses didn’t look so fantastic in terms of technique, I also really liked Hana Yori Dango and Tatta No Hitotsu No Koi because I thought the sexual tension/chemistry was great between the leads.
I agree the “stolen” kiss in Nodame was super cute.

Thanks to groink providing the details on the clips. I haven’t seen any of these early dramas.

Hachiko-chan

Post by Hachiko-chan » Feb 25th, '07, 18:08

Hana yori dango it was just so sweet :wub:

ednahasreena

Post by ednahasreena » Feb 26th, '07, 18:52

i have to say hana yoi dango...the scene is very beautiful, and romantic tooo, with that sunset background....

TsunamiBlues

Post by TsunamiBlues » Feb 26th, '07, 19:20

FlameWolf21 wrote:BTW watch to the end of the video the kiss on the bed is the hottest
I love how he throws her close, and then she calls him an animal, and then he kisses the sides of her face before kissing her lips, that was seriously hot. I want to have that kind of moment!!!! My guy would have to be Se7en or Rain though... :wub:

TsunamiBlues

Post by TsunamiBlues » Feb 26th, '07, 19:29

For me I think the scene when he comes back at the very end and they just look at each other and then they kiss, it was just really natural and hot!!!! My wish kiss/mkaeout is in HYD 2 with Soujirou and Yuki, if only he realized that she's the girl for him.

Post by 206 » Mar 2nd, '07, 06:09

I've seen a lot of these and the eye contact is good in Yamato Nandeshiko but the one I remember the most is in Densha Otoko when Hermes asks to kiss like an adult (french) kiss.