[TwDrama] Hana Kimi (CTS/GTV, 2006)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Jan 28th, '07, 23:24

eps 11 is available at btchina. However the file is rather small compared to ydy or icefish version. If you already wanna take a look get it.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Jan 29th, '07, 03:28

^^i think i saw that in a clubbox, too. i was so surprised, thinking that YDY or Icefish was already out, but then i checked and neither had released yet. however, now, Icefish has released episode 11.

http://bt.icefish.org/icefish/21118.htm
(same as before, click on the big red download button with the green down arrow on it. may see some spoiler screen caps as well. :))

chickenta

Post by chickenta » Jan 29th, '07, 04:31

Wow so fast... maybe the btchina version doesn't include the huaxu (backstage extras)? I can't wait to watch ep 11!!! Thanks for the heads up, habukie. I just don't get tired of this drama... I keep rewatching episodes when I'm waiting for the next new one. :P

doublesidedtape07

Post by doublesidedtape07 » Jan 29th, '07, 04:58

im hooked on this too! and i didnt pace myself so now im waiting weekly for new epiodes hehehe the week goes by too slowly! lol
-
i like ella! and wu zun too haha :) jiro is just too funny for words though. he's good comic relief. hehe
-
thanks habukie! wishes there were more seeders (like hyd2) but is thankful this is so fast! :D *waits patiently for it to download..

korean_foreva

Post by korean_foreva » Jan 30th, '07, 19:34

does anyone know if they will be selling this dvd with subs??

babyviolet

Post by babyviolet » Jan 31st, '07, 01:06

korean_foreva wrote:does anyone know if they will be selling this dvd with subs??
Hana Kimi still airing on TV so should be in a while after they finish airing it.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Jan 31st, '07, 05:03

korean_foreva wrote:does anyone know if they will be selling this dvd with subs??
if you mean english subs, it's doubtful. very few twdramas, even the popular ones, are released on DVD with english subs. (and by that, i mean good english subs, not engrish ones. :roll )

altessa

Post by altessa » Jan 31st, '07, 07:45

Aaah I only just discovered this topic!! I loooove HanaKimi. I'm the kind who rarely watches any Taiwan dramas & ou xiang ju at all, but HanaKimi has me HOOKED.

I've only watched up till ep9 because I only have up till ep10, and I simply cannot watch just one episode at a time! T_T Now I'm waiting for YDY to release more eps. hehehe.

astO

Post by astO » Jan 31st, '07, 11:31

habukie wrote:^^i think i saw that in a clubbox, too. i was so surprised, thinking that YDY or Icefish was already out, but then i checked and neither had released yet. however, now, Icefish has released episode 11.

(same as before, click on the big red download button with the green down arrow on it. may see some spoiler screen caps as well. :))
hi, i'm new to the forums here, and i got to say i really love hana kimi! especially ella and wu zhun. the chemistry between them is, woahhh. anyway, thanks for the link, but i can't seem to get it to work. my torrent thing says problem getting response info. does anyone know where else to get episode 11?

i bought the dvds that were released in singapore but they have no subtitles and are only till episode 10. i really want to watch episode 11! *sobs sobs*

kitty!_xsweet

Post by kitty!_xsweet » Jan 31st, '07, 17:54

AGHHHH, waiting for episode 12. This drama is soooo good!!!

astO

Post by astO » Jan 31st, '07, 18:05

kitty!_xsweet wrote:AGHHHH, waiting for episode 12. This drama is soooo good!!!
I so know what you mean! OMG, exciting part already! arghhhh

shirlie

Post by shirlie » Feb 2nd, '07, 00:36

Can somebody explain to me please...
(Some English-subbed episodes aren't out yet so...)

- what is Quan saying at the end previews for episode 12?
- does Rui Xi's friend (the skinny girl with perfect English) like Quan too?

Thanks guys! I wish i understood Mandarin.. or I wish this show was done in Cantonese haha =)

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Feb 2nd, '07, 00:57

shirlie wrote:Can somebody explain to me please...

Thanks guys! I wish i understood Mandarin.. or I wish this show was done in Cantonese haha =)
i don't have this episode yet (patiently waiting for YDY :)), so i had to brave youtube to see the ending clip.

to answer your question about Quan (i'm assuming you mean the last question where Rui Xi gives him this look), he asks her, "do you know what it feels like to secretly like someone?" i can't answer the other question since i haven't seen the rest of the episode, so hopefully someone else can help you out. :D

shirlie

Post by shirlie » Feb 2nd, '07, 05:27

Hey! Thanks for your help! =)
Too bad I don't live in a country where there are enough Asians to talk to about good shows hahah
Good thing there are forums

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Feb 2nd, '07, 14:46

habukie wrote:
shirlie wrote:Can somebody explain to me please...

i don't have this episode yet (patiently waiting for YDY :)), so i had to brave youtube to see the ending clip.

to answer your question about Quan (i'm assuming you mean the last question where Rui Xi gives him this look), he asks her, "do you know what it feels like to secretly like someone?" i can't answer the other question since i haven't seen the rest of the episode, so hopefully someone else can help you out. :D
I watched the whole thing since I got the icefish version. YDY isn't out yet, right?

@shirlie
no Julia (Rui Xi's friend) doesn't like Quan herself. At the end of the preview Quan is telling her:
that he knows that Rui Xi is a girl. and Julia is asking him wether he likes Rui Xi or not. He answers that of course he likes Rui Xi. And that because he likes her he is keeping quite

Eternal Snow

Post by Eternal Snow » Feb 2nd, '07, 14:59

WAIT! i thought only Sublimes r doing english hardsubs 4 this drama!!
i got only till epi.6 -____________- ..
where can i find the other epi.s subbed english?? onegai?? anyone?? *sniff*

ivanlsm

Post by ivanlsm » Feb 2nd, '07, 15:34

astO wrote:
habukie wrote:^^i think i saw that in a clubbox, too. i was so surprised, thinking that YDY or Icefish was already out, but then i checked and neither had released yet. however, now, Icefish has released episode 11.

hi, i'm new to the forums here, and i got to say i really love hana kimi! especially ella and wu zhun. the chemistry between them is, woahhh. anyway, thanks for the link, but i can't seem to get it to work. my torrent thing says problem getting response info. does anyone know where else to get episode 11?

i bought the dvds that were released in singapore but they have no subtitles and are only till episode 10. i really want to watch episode 11! *sobs sobs*
Try switching your torrent client's language to Chinese simplified or traditional. Mine worked after switching over from English...

shirlie

Post by shirlie » Feb 3rd, '07, 08:51

OHHHH
thanks for the help! =)
By the way, what does "YDY" mean?
I've been watching it from youtube from D3C3PTIONx =)

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Feb 4th, '07, 05:48

YDY is a group that releasesthe raws. it's like icefish. ^^

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Feb 4th, '07, 05:53

@shirlie: here's a linkto an explanation i wrote about YDY and Icefish, including the good/bad of each.

shirlie

Post by shirlie » Feb 4th, '07, 08:36

ohhh i see
thank goodness i found out about this series AFTER my diploma exams hahah
=)
so where does everyone come from?
i'm from canada, last year of high school
and refusing to do schoolwork today because of hana kimi =P
hmm.. because i live where there aren't many asians i find it sooo cool that i can talk to people about asian music and shows =D
let's get this discussion more lively!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
i agree that rei/rui should just tell everyone she's a girl.
i mean.. it's quite obvious that even though she won't be able to go to the boys' school.. she uhh, kind of already has quan (who, might i add, is portrayed as TOO perfect of a guy)
it doesn't seem like the end of the world if she just lets out the secret.. she reached her goal (i wish she could actually tell that quan basically loves her) i mean.. nothing is at stake haha, other than MAAYYYBE the guys will feel cheated and be slightly upset - but moreso ecstatic, especially yang yang ahahah
what bothers me the most (i know, i know it's a SHOW, don't get so into it.) but what bothers me the most is that the biggest worry in her life is not having quan? she has no other goals in life other than to be by his side and protect him
which is funny because in the real world almost everybody stresses out so much pursuing an education or career

QUESTIONS~
1. Who do you think is the funniest character? Jiro's character and the 'spirit' boy ahahah

2. What annoys you the most? How I can think of a kazillion times she could have told him and it would have been perfect! ... and Ella's strange facial expressions.

back to physics, chem and calculus homework! =)
i might cry if i can't watch ep12 tomorrow- where is it usually out first?

Keymaker

Post by Keymaker » Feb 4th, '07, 14:14

Man, almost missed the feet scene when I stepped out to get a late snack at MOS Burger. I nearly choked to death in that scene, haha. Anyway, anyone catch that commercial of Wu Zun semi-emo glasses commercial? Do chicks really dig guys wearing that?

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Feb 4th, '07, 17:45

Keymaker wrote:Man, almost missed the feet scene when I stepped out to get a late snack at MOS Burger. I nearly choked to death in that scene, haha. Anyway, anyone catch that commercial of Wu Zun semi-emo glasses commercial? Do chicks really dig guys wearing that?
I am so jealous. You already had the opportunity to watch eps 12. I was thinking about getting a programm for which you have to pay to watch Taiwan TV via internet. However when I tried to install the programm, it didn't work. Guess my PC is not compatible with the programm. It would be great to watch some TW shows live.

Off topic: I went to the blog side of Wu Chun yesterday. Didn't know that he actually has one and was pretty surpirsed that he actually has the time to update the information quite often. haha, I guess the side is really hosted by him coz I've seen some pretending-to-be-a-celeb-sides before. :blink

@Eternal Snow
Someone has posted the link to a side where there are direct dl for Hana Kimi with English subs. The translator is really, really fast. She/he ul the files about 3 days later than the actual broadcasting day. Eps 11 is already available. However the quality of the subs of sublimes are better (in terms of timing and phrasing) since the other subs are done more speedy whereas sublimes take the time to QC.
Last edited by gixo on Feb 7th, '07, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.

noriblue

Post by noriblue » Feb 4th, '07, 20:53

I'm watching ep 5, and I loveeeeeeeeee Ruan Jing Tian.
I think he's pretty cool :wub:

FYI:
Ruan Jing Tian as Shen Le 申樂 (manga: Kagurazaka Makoto - Sano's rival)

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Feb 5th, '07, 09:56

Yay, I watched eps 12. And it was so good. So many highlights in that episode. the hotspring, the feet-scene, the confession...
I read in the wiki that it's supposed to be 14 eps. But as I see it, it should be more (judging from the previews for the next eps) There is still too much story left to finish it in 2 eps.

veracious

Post by veracious » Feb 5th, '07, 10:35

I've only watched 5 episodes (since I have to see them with subs) but I LOVE this drama. Ella and Wu Zun could not be any cuter and sweeter if they tried, I love the chemistry and Jiro makes me fall off my seat laughing each time.

It's very "manga" in that everything's very over the top but that's what makes it so brilliant and hilarious in my books. I sort of want to read the manga now but really I'm enjoying the drama version too much to look up the manga.

I love how Ella isn't a stunningly pretty heroine and she could easily pass as a boy with that haircut, but Rui Xi as a character is still VERY girly and adorable, whenever she smiles there's no question that she's a girl.

The side characters are all oh so hilarious as well, I love all of Quan's friends and the school doctor. Such a great, feel-good drama. :)

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Feb 5th, '07, 14:52

again posting for those who do not like to brave the Icefish site. (i actually really hate how there are so many pop ups everywhere.)

Hana Kimi Episode 12: http://bt.icefish.org/icefish/21342.htm
(click on the big red download button below the screen caps to download the torrent.)

Merenge_5

Post by Merenge_5 » Feb 5th, '07, 20:09

shirlie wrote:QUESTIONS~
1. Who do you think is the funniest character? Jiro's character and the 'spirit' boy ahahah

2. What annoys you the most? How I can think of a kazillion times she could have told him and it would have been perfect! ... and Ella's strange facial expressions.
@Shirlie
Yes I agreee Jiro is the funniest of all characters! I really adore him, I mean he's not only funny, he's damn good looking too (he has a such a hot body :wub: )
At first I couldn't get used to Ella. I don't know for me she looked completely like a boy and not girlish at all...and her strange facial expressions really annoied me...I was actually a little bit upset about it, but now I'm used to her and I can kinda see some girl in her...altough I think it's rather hard, because she looks a lot like a boy to me (what's actually good for the drama)
-------------------------
I'm from Switzerland and don't know any asian drama addicts..well except me (and my best friend in germany...but it's kinda far away..¬¬) it's really cool to talk to ppl who like (or are addicted :P to) the same things
-------------------------
I continued watching the drama because of WuZun und Jiro and I think wuzun is sooo good looking!! he's just as gorgeous as jiro (I mean they're both in the same boygroup :mrgreen: ) and I can't get enough of them lol. Actually all three actors act pretty good and the story is a lot like the manga and I think it's very well done!!

Could someone tell me where I can find ep.12?! On which cb or antoher link? I can't dl with this torrent thing... :cry: I wanna watch the scene when both are in the hot

blackcoffee

Post by blackcoffee » Feb 5th, '07, 22:14

habukie wrote:again posting for those who do not like to brave the Icefish site. (i actually really hate how there are so many pop ups everywhere.)

(click on the big red download button below the screen caps to download the torrent.)
thanks for the link! currently downloading it.. stats dont look too good but at least its downloading! heehee. (: cant wait to watch it :)

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Feb 6th, '07, 01:42

There is another place offering English sub for Hana Kim.
http://lainemma.blogspot.com/2006/12/hana-kimi.html
For the latest translated episode (currently ep 12), see:
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 14E1BE1303

I have checked the subs offered by many of the HanaKimi sub group (and there is a lot), LuckyStar is the fastest. But, personally, I like SUBLimes the best. It's the most accurate and the closest to English language.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Feb 6th, '07, 02:58

"closest to the English language"? :lol i don't know why, but that line just struck me as funny. i'd hate to see what the other ones look like, then. Kumaxell, i'm sure a lot of people are grateful you checked all those versions out for them, considering that you don't even need the subs.

so, i'm behind again, not only because i'm waiting for YDY's version. i'm just behind. that's why i'm really looking forward to these funny scenes that you all have mentioned. i don't know if it's just me, but i really don't see how this whole scheme could have worked in real life. how does she go to the bathroom, for one? does she always use a stall? and don't the other guys think it's kinda suspicious? and the way she always cries and is "girly" in certain situations. i just don't see how the guys could even think of her as one of them. ok, enough ranting. i know it's a drama based on manga, so of course there are situations that wouldn't happen in real life, but it just bugs me a little bit. :P

shirlie

Post by shirlie » Feb 6th, '07, 04:12

okay so lainemma from youtube is my favorite person of the day
i come home after 3 quizzes in physics, chem and calculus and what do i see when i click on my youtube subscriptions? EPISODE 12 SUBBED IN ENGLISH!! YEEAHH!!

so about episode 13...
:crazy: WHAT IS GOING ON! Just have them together okay? Or at least more funny scenes and touching moments, not more HAVOC. But fine, that's the way dramas work. But it's driving me nutssss :goggle: What are your guesses as to what's going on? Something about modelling.. and SiuYi cheating so therefore his chances of being picked as a soccer player that represents the country is at risk.. Jian/Quan taking care of Rei Xi's injury.. and her crying and all the guys around at trying to make her feel better HMMM.. a whole week to wait! =(

My favorite parts of episode 12 are
- when Rei Xi tried to test Jian by taking her clothes off hhahah
- when Rei Xi was petting Jian like a dog ahahah but aww at the same time

the scene where Rei was like, "OH NO, is he BISEXUAL?" and there's a scene of Jian outside the doctor's office, i was like WHOAAA what are you thinking buddy.. I don't want to know... or do I. hahah He looked hottttt, end of discussion.

veracious

Post by veracious » Feb 6th, '07, 09:21

I really like the Sublimes subs as they make sure to explain idioms very understandably and the subs are really good in terms of grammar and stuff.

In the mean time (while they get more subbed), though, I don't mind watching other subs...

Merenge_5

Post by Merenge_5 » Feb 6th, '07, 15:05

Yes I also wonder how this can be "possible" okay it's a drama, but I think that would never work...I mean yes I didn't liked her at all, but it's just too obvious that she's a girl...she's too weak, she always faints and if they take a shower or something like tha, the possibility is high to see each other especially in a all boys dorm!! I would be supicious for sure. But it's a drama and it's actually really funny :lol

Great lainemma has it already subbed on her page *yay*. I think it's a great job that she subs it so fast, because I wouldn't understand a word without her subs and sublimes is slower (they actually do it a little bit better) but I can live with this subs :-) I already can't wait for the next episode!! Does anybody know how many episode this drama has?!?!

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Feb 6th, '07, 15:29

habukie wrote:"closest to the English language"? :lol i don't know why, but that line just struck me as funny. i'd hate to see what the other ones look like, then. Kumaxell, i'm sure a lot of people are grateful you checked all those versions out for them, considering that you don't even need the subs.

so, i'm behind again, not only because i'm waiting for YDY's version. i'm just behind. that's why i'm really looking forward to these funny scenes that you all have mentioned. i don't know if it's just me, but i really don't see how this whole scheme could have worked in real life. how does she go to the bathroom, for one? does she always use a stall? and don't the other guys think it's kinda suspicious? and the way she always cries and is "girly" in certain situations. i just don't see how the guys could even think of her as one of them. ok, enough ranting. i know it's a drama based on manga, so of course there are situations that wouldn't happen in real life, but it just bugs me a little bit. :P
haha, you are just my sis. she is always saying how this and that can happen and how it were possible to visit an all-boys school (don't they ever ask for an ID or sth) But it's a funny and enjoyable drama and since it's not the real life I won't let it bug me. Btw strange things happen in real life sometimes. didn't a 29year old in the US visited some schools pretending to be 12? That bugged me quite a bit.

as for the subs. I checked the one from lainemma. really have to admire her speed. However translating "jia you" as "add oil". :rofl:

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Feb 6th, '07, 16:22

haha. "add oil"? :lol i think that's the funniest thing i've read so far today. i also get a sense that SUBlimes is more accurate in their translations. for one, the names. now i guess for many people who are ok with any subs at all, it doesn't matter much, but it sets my teeth on edge. if you're going to translate, i feel you should be as accurate as possible, and names of course are the most important. i also like how SUBlimes goes out of their way to even point out interesting lines (like they did for Magicians of Love).

so i'm progressing at my snail's pace in watching this drama. and with Jiro and Wu Zun playing such likeable characters, it's hard to root for just one of them. :-)

QNSpider

Post by QNSpider » Feb 6th, '07, 19:26

I wanna watch this drama really bad but I have to wait until Spring semester of classes are over. :glare: I heard it's really good? What do you all think?

korean_foreva

Post by korean_foreva » Feb 6th, '07, 19:36

shirlie wrote:okay so lainemma from youtube is my favorite person of the day
i come home after 3 quizzes in physics, chem and calculus and what do i see when i click on my youtube subscriptions? EPISODE 12 SUBBED IN ENGLISH!! YEEAHH!!

so about episode 13...
:crazy: WHAT IS GOING ON! Just have them together okay? Or at least more funny scenes and touching moments, not more HAVOC. But fine, that's the way dramas work. But it's driving me nutssss :goggle: What are your guesses as to what's going on? Something about modelling.. and SiuYi cheating so therefore his chances of being picked as a soccer player that represents the country is at risk.. Jian/Quan taking care of Rei Xi's injury.. and her crying and all the guys around at trying to make her feel better HMMM.. a whole week to wait! =(

My favorite parts of episode 12 are
- when Rei Xi tried to test Jian by taking her clothes off hhahah
- when Rei Xi was petting Jian like a dog ahahah but aww at the same time

the scene where Rei was like, "OH NO, is he BISEXUAL?" and there's a scene of Jian outside the doctor's office, i was like WHOAAA what are you thinking buddy.. I don't want to know... or do I. hahah He looked hottttt, end of discussion.

haha me too..i did my mock SATs todai...and then i came home i saw hana kimi ep 12 subbed hehe...and they my favorite part as well ^____^ includin wiv suiyi (jiro) is like what you doin...hehe i love his accent haha..^___^

ivanlsm

Post by ivanlsm » Feb 7th, '07, 11:29

habukie wrote:again posting for those who do not like to brave the Icefish site. (i actually really hate how there are so many pop ups everywhere.)

@habuki.

Thanks for the link. But I noticed the tracker is udp and not http. So not all BT clients support udp trackers. Just a heads-up!

baybee.chi

Post by baybee.chi » Feb 7th, '07, 18:16

this is like the best series ever!!!!!!!
but the fact that i dont understand mandarin 100% sucks
but also thx to sublimes i can understnad with english subs =]
i love seeing wu zun ^.^ he is really cute and cant believe he is 27?? but can get away with acting as a student in college :lol cant wait for more episodes with subs to coem out so i can catch up!! dont know what i would be doing if i hadnt found out about this series

baybee.chi

Post by baybee.chi » Feb 7th, '07, 18:23

*state one more thing* about could this hapen in real life-when people say ella sounds like a girl and she starts talkin in a 'rough boys' voice v. suspicious but i guess this is what gets me attracted but i cant help sometimes but to start shouting at the computer and complaining that some stuff just couldn't happen.... :roll

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Feb 7th, '07, 18:41

habukie wrote:haha. "add oil"? :lol i think that's the funniest thing i've read so far today.
I knew that you would love that, too. Not a big mistake though. Just funny to see it. But I think that happens sometimes when you translate at such a speed. releasing a video on youtube the day after the original broadcasting. :salut: and the rest of the subs seems to be mainly ok. (just checked it roughly) btw. I just visited that side of hers and realized that the direct dl links will stop until all the links from other sides to her side will be taken down. So whoever wants to continue enjoying her files should take down the links to her side. asking on behalf of those who can't wait for the subs of sublimes.

Luckily I don't need any subs :lol btw habukie you should really watch eps 12. Wu Zhun has a really nice body XD

babyviolet

Post by babyviolet » Feb 7th, '07, 18:52

gixo wrote:
habukie wrote:haha. "add oil"? :lol i think that's the funniest thing i've read so far today.
I knew that you would love that, too. Not a big mistake though. Just funny to see it. But I think that happens sometimes when you translate at such a speed. releasing a video on youtube the day after the original broadcasting. :salut: and the rest of the subs seems to be mainly ok. (just checked it roughly) btw. I just visited that side of hers and realized that the direct dl links will stop until all the links from other sides to her side will be taken down. So whoever wants to continue enjoying her files should take down the links to her side. asking on behalf of those who can't wait for the subs of sublimes.

Luckily I don't need any subs :lol btw habukie you should really watch eps 12. Wu Zhun has a really nice body XD
@gixo: do you know where the "unpermitted" links? coz I really need subs from lucky star, I can't wait till sublimes realese their hardsubbed version. Even though it's not accurate but at least I understand the story.

starfishy

Post by starfishy » Feb 7th, '07, 21:54

Add Oil is so chinglish xD It's such a versatile word, like ganbatte - sometimes it's really tricky to translate >.<

I've seen lainemma's subs, they're ridiculously fast. But her translation of the names also makes me go 'wtf'. Especially when her audience now know "Quan" as "Jian" or "Xiu Yi" as "Sui Yi"? However, she's doing a great service to people who love speed, so can't complain xD

Wu Zun :wub: I want to know about his tattoo, plus listen to him speak English some more~

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Feb 8th, '07, 00:04

I'm a surprised by Ella's good English. I noticed she does not have heavy Chinese accent, which is surprising for someone who never studied abroad. Does anyone know if S.H.E speak English during their Asia tour?

Back to the show. Xiu Yi and Julia totally stole the thunder in the last couple of episodes. They make such a great bickering couple. I was laughing so hard when I saw Xiu Yi's reaction to Julia's declaration that she was Rui Xi's girlfriend. He almost had a heart attack! Julia is so wicked. Ah, love hurts...

Here is Wu Chun and Ella's Singapore Hana-Kimi press conference:
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 6790884986

Here is Jiro Wang showing off his abs after episode 12 hit 5.0 in the rating chart:

It should've been Wun Chun but he was out of country, so Jiro was forced to do it for him.

Keymaker

Post by Keymaker » Feb 8th, '07, 05:59

Kumaxell wrote:I'm a surprised by Ella's good English. I noticed she does not have heavy Chinese accent, which is surprising for someone who never studied abroad. Does anyone know if S.H.E speak English during their Asia tour?
Many young Taiwanese people, from what I've heard here, have pretty good American accents. Ella's accent when speaking English doesn't surprise me that much.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Feb 8th, '07, 08:33

gixo wrote:btw habukie you should really watch eps 12. Wu Zhun has a really nice body XD
*sigh* i'm still so far behind. i'll get there soon. :-) at least i'll have it soon since YDY released their version recently. maybe i'll just sneak a peek at the good scenes. :wink:

veracious

Post by veracious » Feb 9th, '07, 00:17

Kumaxell wrote:Back to the show. Xiu Yi and Julia totally stole the thunder in the last couple of episodes. They make such a great bickering couple. I was laughing so hard when I saw Xiu Yi's reaction to Julia's declaration that she was Rui Xi's girlfriend. He almost had a heart attack! Julia is so wicked. Ah, love hurts...
I love those two! They crack me up so bad. I love Julia overall, episode 10 became my favourite Hana Kimi episode when she arrived, I just about died laughing at the scene where she's eating lunch with the boys and Xiu Yi starts preaching at her about how "boy and girl no touching!". Hilarious! I choked laughing.

Though I have my suspicions that they'll hook her up with Sin Nan or whatever that playboy guy's name was... He seemed so smitten. But I've not read the manga so wouldn't know.

And duhh, of course this wouldn't be plausible in real life. Some all boys' schools would probably pick up on overly girly/suspicious behavior and probably bully the student to see if the suspicions were true or something. Of course, Rui Xi has her supporters but even so... But just like they hardly ever seem to do any homework in Hana Kimi, it's not a very likely scenario.

It does feel believable, though, because Ella could pass off as a boy when she isn't smiling and being all girly - especially with that boyish short haircut. When Julia entered the scene, it was SO painfully clear that Rui Xi was a girl, though, they were chatting so typically girly with Julia.. I loved how Quan was amused how nobody else figured it out, it was so obvious in those scenes!

Re: subs... I love lainemma for being quick and providing subs fast, and I can live with funny expressions and such - as long as I grasp the meaning. But I also enjoy and support Sublimes better quality subs with great explanations and such, though they take a while to get them done.

shirlie

Post by shirlie » Feb 12th, '07, 00:49

why is this forum so deeeead

come on guys it should be like this!!
:cheers: :scratch: :cry: :argue: :cussing: about the show!!

i can't wait for the subtitles for episode 13! episode 13 aired in taiwan on sunday right? it's next week that might be postponed for new year celebration shows right?

=)

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Feb 12th, '07, 01:30

shirlie wrote:why is this forum so deeeead

i can't wait for the subtitles for episode 13! episode 13 aired in taiwan on sunday right? it's next week that might be postponed for new year celebration shows right?

=)
haha, since you want someone to bring this thread alive again. Here I am 8) Don't know if the show'll be postponed. Need to check GTV webside for more information.

I just finished watching eps 13. hmmm to those who have already watched the eps already, I have a question.
did Nan Xue Zhang actually went to the field trip as well? Can't remember seeing him there. However in eps 13 it seems that the pic for the magazin was taken on the trip. So I wondered. :scratch: or maybe I just misunderstood sth. It's really late around here and I am really tired but I had to watch this eps since I was too curious about the story developement. :lol

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Feb 12th, '07, 02:00

ahh..gixo, you really do keep up with the series. i've finally caught up :w00t: , but now there's a new episode. :roll

anyways, to keep this discussion going, here are some of my thoughts from watching the last few episodes. i still don't like julia (probably the actress more than the character), but she was so funny when she declared that she was rui xi's gf. xiu yi is hilarious! :lol the scenes when he gets all jealous of julia were too funny for words. i'm liking the doctor more and more. in the beginning he was kind of creepy and weird. however, he's shown that he is actually a pretty nice guy and funny to boot. quan's brother's voice is really annoying. it's such a contrast between the two of them, that it's a bit jarring on the ears.

bunii_foo

Post by bunii_foo » Feb 12th, '07, 05:49

wahh i jus LOVE hana kimi!!! i jus started watching it and got up to episode 6 >_<" Ah im sooo behind!! i saw the website where there's english subs~ but im jus wondering, what is icefish??? >_>"'' (i cant read chinese that well). thanks! and the guys from Fahrenheit are hott x3 :wub:

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Feb 12th, '07, 09:42

habukie wrote:ahh..gixo, you really do keep up with the series. i've finally caught up :w00t: , but now there's a new episode. :roll

anyways, to keep this discussion going, here are some of my thoughts from watching the last few episodes. i still don't like julia (probably the actress more than the character), but she was so funny when she declared that she was rui xi's gf. xiu yi is hilarious! :lol the scenes when he gets all jealous of julia were too funny for words. i'm liking the doctor more and more. in the beginning he was kind of creepy and weird. however, he's shown that he is actually a pretty nice guy and funny to boot. quan's brother's voice is really annoying. it's such a contrast between the two of them, that it's a bit jarring on the ears.
haha, I really like the Manga and I also like how they put it into a real drama. So far they are follwing the Manga really close, only addings some extra diaologues or scenes which explain some stuff further or are just funny (like the kissing feet scene :D )
Since you finally caught up, don't you agree that Wu Zhun's body is pretty nice :lol

the actress of Julia is overdoing it sometimes. You can see that sometimes she is like: in this scene there need to be thus gesture, or my facial expression had to look like this etc. Some of her actings look kinda a fake in my eyes but in some parts she were really cute. Yeah, I agree with you about the doctor. He is really funny and also a very understanding people. However I don't understand why the producers had to give the actor this weird long hairs. I mean in the flashback scenes (when he was young) the long hairs were gone which looked so much better on him.
Haha, so I am not the only one to think that the voice of the little bro is somehow disturbing.

@bunii_foo
you can dl eps 1-7 with English subs from this webside. Apparrently "Sublimes" just released eps 7 the last days. Icefish is group who releases raws of a lot of Chinese TW Shows.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Feb 12th, '07, 22:17

gixo wrote:Since you finally caught up, don't you agree that Wu Zhun's body is pretty nice :lol

the actress of Julia is overdoing it sometimes. You can see that sometimes she is like: in this scene there need to be thus gesture, or my facial expression had to look like this etc. Some of her actings look kinda a fake in my eyes but in some parts she were really cute. Yeah, I agree with you about the doctor. He is really funny and also a very understanding people. However I don't understand why the producers had to give the actor this weird long hairs. I mean in the flashback scenes (when he was young) the long hairs were gone which looked so much better on him.
Haha, so I am not the only one to think that the voice of the little bro is somehow disturbing.
do i have to answer that in a public forum? :roll

i think maybe it's a language issue with the actress for julia. maybe she's not totally fluent in chinese, so she has think about what she's saying, when she's going to say it, and how she should act when she's saying it...so much so that it makes her acting bad. yeah, the hair for the doctor is what made him strange at first (is it not like that in the manga?).

p.s. the Icefish version for episode 13 is out. http://bt.icefish.org/icefish/21520.htm
*there's a new twist on downloading...click the red words underneath the picture to use flashget, whatever that is. click the green words (that's the second line, for those of you who may have red-green colorblindness) for download of torrent.

kurochiisaineko

Post by kurochiisaineko » Feb 13th, '07, 01:12

gixo wrote:
shirlie wrote:why is this forum so deeeead

=)
haha, since you want someone to bring this thread alive again. Here I am 8) Don't know if the show'll be postponed. Need to check GTV webside for more information.

I just finished watching eps 13. hmmm to those who have already watched the eps already, I have a question.
did Nan Xue Zhang actually went to the field trip as well? Can't remember seeing him there. However in eps 13 it seems that the pic for the magazin was taken on the trip. So I wondered. :scratch: or maybe I just misunderstood sth. It's really late around here and I am really tired but I had to watch this eps since I was too curious about the story developement. :lol
I don't recall seeing him there either. In the manga he goes there to go after Julia because she is the only girl who wouldn't give him the light of day. So I'm assuming he's there for the same reason.

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Feb 13th, '07, 01:25

I love behind the scene stuff. Be it the show or it's MV.

It's so cute how Ella hugged Wu Chun like ten thousand times in Personal Angel MV.
And, how funny that Wu Chun could never manage to grab on to Ella when she fell down. :mrgreen:

lilsh0rtnancy

Post by lilsh0rtnancy » Feb 14th, '07, 07:17

Hi. Does anyone have the romanization of the main theme song please?

Thank you.

azra

Post by azra » Feb 14th, '07, 07:29

Sorry :offtopic: but i have no where to ask.... :-)

I have a prob with YouTube....everytime i tried to watch a video, the black line below turned to red, so basically it says that the video is fully loaded, right? But when i tried to play, it will stuck after a few mins or sec.......its sooo frustrating.....I wanna watch Quan n Rui Xi.....especially the doctor....he he he :mrgreen:

Hope sumone can help me :D

veracious

Post by veracious » Feb 14th, '07, 10:17

lilsh0rtnancy wrote:Hi. Does anyone have the romanization of the main theme song please?

Thank you.
The S.H.E song? I searched for the vid as "Zen Me Ban" on Youtube & it brought up the right video so I guess that's the romanization. :) The MV has Wu Zun, by the way, and it was soooo adorable, I can't believe I hadn't watched it up until now!

I watched ep 13 and really enjoyed it, especially
how Xiu Yi was shown to be vulnerable on the inside, but he always put on a cheerful face no matter what. Aww! And I loved it when Rui Xi cried and everybody was like "Aww, stop it, boys don't cry that easily!". Best line was totally Xiu Yi's "Quan, if I didn't already have Rui Xi, I'd fall in love with you!". Bwahaha.

And the doctor and the photographer!! Those two were hilarious.
Maybe not the best HK ep so far (I loved 10 best, I think) but good all the same. Can't wait for ep 14, though, looks like a REALLY fun episode. This is 15 episodes, right? Somebody said 14 but it can't be over THAT soon.. I wonder, if in 14 ... (possible spoiler so spoiler-cutting)
they'll try to wrap the thing up (no HK 2??) and make Quan confess to Rui Xi he knows she's a girl? I hope not, I'd love to see a sequel when there's so much to the manga (or so I'm told) but we'll see...

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Feb 14th, '07, 19:59

lilsh0rtnancy wrote:Hi. Does anyone have the romanization of the main theme song please?

Thank you.
Here you go:
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hua_Yang_Shao ... hao_Nu_OST

Tatsuri

Post by Tatsuri » Feb 15th, '07, 17:55

Keymaker wrote:
Kumaxell wrote:I'm a surprised by Ella's good English. I noticed she does not have heavy Chinese accent, which is surprising for someone who never studied abroad. Does anyone know if S.H.E speak English during their Asia tour?
Many young Taiwanese people, from what I've heard here, have pretty good American accents. Ella's accent when speaking English doesn't surprise me that much.
So that really is Ella speaking english. I rhought it was a voice over. I know in Tokyo Juliet Chun did a voice over because he could speak Chinese fast, I thought it was the same. WOW. Go Ella.

Off topic:

I really want Ella to do a drama with Ariel Lin. Jiro shouldstar in it as well.

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Feb 15th, '07, 18:34

Tatsuri wrote:
Keymaker wrote:
So that really is Ella speaking english. I rhought it was a voice over. I know in Tokyo Juliet Chun did a voice over because he could speak Chinese fast, I thought it was the same. WOW. Go Ella.

Why would Wu Zun do a voice over for English?The place where he's from the ppl there speak english fulently or are u talking about his taiwanese or madarin?

MayMay

Post by MayMay » Feb 15th, '07, 18:48

veracious wrote:

Thank you.
The S.H.E song? I searched for the vid as "Zen Me Ban" on Youtube & it brought up the right video so I guess that's the romanization. :) The MV has Wu Zun, by the way, and it was soooo adorable, I can't believe I hadn't watched it up until now!

how Xiu Yi was shown to be vulnerable on the inside, but he always put on a cheerful face no matter what. Aww! And I loved it when Rui Xi cried and everybody was like "Aww, stop it, boys don't cry that easily!". Best line was totally Xiu Yi's "Quan, if I didn't already have Rui Xi, I'd fall in love with you!". Bwahaha.

What?! There's only 15 episodes?! No way! I just want this to keep going and going. hahaha. It's such a good series...I haven't seen one that made me laugh and oohaahh for a while so this one was really good in my eyes. :wub: Funny thing though..I only just started watching not too long ago but couldn't stop! I'm uptodate and waiting for the next one! haha :w00t: :P

Maybe not the best HK ep so far (I loved 10 best, I think) but good all the same. Can't wait for ep 14, though, looks like a REALLY fun episode. This is 15 episodes, right? Somebody said 14 but it can't be over THAT soon.. I wonder, if in 14 ... (possible spoiler so spoiler-cutting)
they'll try to wrap the thing up (no HK 2??) and make Quan confess to Rui Xi he knows she's a girl? I hope not, I'd love to see a sequel when there's so much to the manga (or so I'm told) but we'll see...

MayMay

Post by MayMay » Feb 15th, '07, 18:49

veracious wrote:

Thank you.

What?! There's only 15 episodes?! No way! I just want this to keep going and going. hahaha. It's such a good series...I haven't seen one that made me laugh and oohaahh for a while so this one was really good in my eyes. :wub: Funny thing though..I only just started watching not too long ago but couldn't stop! I'm uptodate and waiting for the next one! haha :w00t: :P

easilyboredguh

Post by easilyboredguh » Feb 15th, '07, 18:52

christaluvsdrama wrote:
Keymaker wrote:

Why would Wu Zun do a voice over for English?The place where he's from the ppl there speak english fulently or are u talking about his taiwanese or madarin?
No, he did a voiceover for Chinese, not english because he wasnt that fluent in Chinese then but it's his real voice in Hanakimi

Tatsuri

Post by Tatsuri » Feb 15th, '07, 19:17

christaluvsdrama wrote:The place where he's from the ppl there speak english fulently or are u talking about his taiwanese or madarin?
Mandarin. I read that at the time of filming TJ, he didn't speak madarin very fast so during the fast parts of the show they did a voice over. Someone else said the lines.

Tatsuri

Post by Tatsuri » Feb 15th, '07, 19:21

easilyboredguh wrote:
christaluvsdrama wrote:
Keymaker wrote: Many young Taiwanese people, from what I've heard here, have pretty good American accents. Ella's accent when speaking English doesn't surprise me that much.

No, he did a voiceover for Chinese, not english because he wasnt that fluent in Chinese then but it's his real voice in Hanakimi

easilyboredguh I love your siggy. I looked at it and thought " That looks like Joe". XD

angel_no.520

Post by angel_no.520 » Feb 16th, '07, 00:08

I can't believe that Hana Kimi is ending soon. I'm going to miss Rui Xi, Quan, Xiu Yi and the rest of the gang :cry: ...

But I heard that a new manga drama will take over, with Joe Cheng and Ethan Ruan. I think Tang Yu Zhe was also going to be there... hehe :lol

I wonder what will happen on the last episodes of Hana Kimi. Some parts of me want to know now, so that I can prepare me for what's coming up, but another part of me don't want to know...

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Feb 16th, '07, 01:36

:O What? I thought there were 16 theres really only 15 :cry: :cry: So only 2eppies left? awww it'll be sad to watch this over but then again I dl'ed it so I'll just watch it again. :lol me and my attachment to drama's never gets old. I'm looking forward to some new Twdramas. Corner of love doesn't seem to be that amazing even though I luv Barbie it just isn't so appealing to me yet.

veracious

Post by veracious » Feb 16th, '07, 08:51

Yeah, it sucks that it's ending so soon... Maybe they'll do another season but then that's over a year's wait, gah. But there'll be ISWAK 2 later this year, which I look forward to and KO One is finally getting fansubbed. So life won't end with Hana Kimi! :D

dangdangdo

Post by dangdangdo » Feb 16th, '07, 14:47

i think the ending might might make or break the remaining parts of this drama. with the fifteen episodes and no extreme conflict right now, i'm pretty interested to see how they plan on finishing it :]

veracious

Post by veracious » Feb 16th, '07, 15:11

I think it might break the show if they end things way too hastily - and thus leave no room for a 2nd season. But if they leave things open (and make it possible for everything to continue with another show), I think it might work out well enough.

If they do end it, though, I think it might still be alright if they just get it right. I do sort of worry... This is my #1 drama right now and I don't want it to go crap at the last ep.

ms_shady

Post by ms_shady » Feb 19th, '07, 14:22

sighhhhhhhhhh.....anyone noes when the next episode will be aired...i feel deprived of hana kimi and most of all jiro. i tink im gonna watch all the other episodes again.. so is it 15/16 episode show?

veracious

Post by veracious » Feb 19th, '07, 18:58

15 episodes... 14 will air next Sunday. :)