how to loook good just like the Korean actresses?

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.
chocolate615

Post by chocolate615 » Feb 27th, '06, 03:17

nrg_hot330 wrote:
chocolate615 wrote:heheye....i dun care much about the make up brands bc i agree with some peepz that it does not depend on the make-up brands but it is the make-up artist that counts. I am more interested in the fashion appear in all the drama. I love those clothes that they wear. Anyone know where I could purchase it online? I search Korean ebay site but it is all in Korean and I have absolutely no idea of how to purchase those goods. If anyone here purchase fashion products from Korea please give me some pointers. Thanks!!!
yeah we all look at their clothes.. those actresses wear very nice stuffs. we pay more attention to the clothes, coz their skin is so smooth. so we don't pay attention to that.
i don't think it's that hard to find thos stylish clothes...well not for me. :roll
u must not be from asia, right?
No, unfortunately i'm not. It is so hard to find kute clothes like that here in US. I am not into american style (a.k.a. American Eagle or Abercrombie or express). It would be great to be able to locate any azn-style stores to purchase stuffs from.

marvelous
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by marvelous » Feb 27th, '06, 10:15

Try saks, bloomingdales,

Korean actors/actress wear designer stuff

Style of clothes you say.. .Hmmm...

Depends on what style you are and how you wear them.
Last edited by marvelous on Feb 27th, '06, 22:51, edited 1 time in total.

nrg_hot330

Post by nrg_hot330 » Feb 27th, '06, 19:22

chocolate615 wrote:
nrg_hot330 wrote:
chocolate615 wrote:heheye....i dun care much about the make up brands bc i agree with some peepz that it does not depend on the make-up brands but it is the make-up artist that counts. I am more interested in the fashion appear in all the drama. I love those clothes that they wear. Anyone know where I could purchase it online? I search Korean ebay site but it is all in Korean and I have absolutely no idea of how to purchase those goods. If anyone here purchase fashion products from Korea please give me some pointers. Thanks!!!
yeah we all look at their clothes.. those actresses wear very nice stuffs. we pay more attention to the clothes, coz their skin is so smooth. so we don't pay attention to that.
i don't think it's that hard to find thos stylish clothes...well not for me. :roll
u must not be from asia, right?
No, unfortunately i'm not. It is so hard to find kute clothes like that here in US. I am not into american style (a.k.a. American Eagle or Abercrombie or express). It would be great to be able to locate any azn-style stores to purchase stuffs from.
check this site out... u r gonna love these... i know it's hard to find asian styled clothes in Us. i like to shop at Macy's and JCPenney, but still i like the clothes that i got from asia better.
http://kikitop.co.kr/

Miaka FY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Miaka FY » Mar 1st, '06, 00:45

humm for a clothes
in Canada ..many shop have a same fashion like korean ...
i buy something like ''My Girl'' and ''Full House'' clothes and really cute!!!!

kyaa i cannot wait to see guyshave a pink clothes ...it's SO CUTE!!! ..
and the korean clothes for a guy ..it's really pretty ...Japan too

well asian mode ^^ ..hair, hat, clothes ...^-^
fanatique!!!

alexwinter

Post by alexwinter » Mar 1st, '06, 08:31

Actually not all the actors on dramas wear designer stuff.
They rather wear ordinary brands' clothes more frequently.
If you can look at the ending credit of the drama you will see the list of brands
which sponsor the drama. That's the stuff all the actors and actresses on the drama
wear from head to toe.
Also once the certain item (on the drama) gets popular Dongdaemoon Market picks up
the item and copies it. So average shoppers also can buy them in a reasonable price.

Here are some items Lee Da-hae (My girl) wore on the drama and Dongdaemoon copied.

http://kr.ysp.shopping.yahoo.com/ysp/gm ... =200000722

http://kr.ysp.shopping.yahoo.com/ysp/in ... no=4295041

pe3kabo0

Post by pe3kabo0 » Mar 2nd, '06, 10:09

just using make up wont make you turn into a movie star face. it takes money. a hell lot of it and a good make up artist as well as a good plastic surgeon.

Shina

Post by Shina » Mar 3rd, '06, 13:02

its the power of make up ^_^ hrhrhr im going to marry korean guy :D

nrg_hot330

Post by nrg_hot330 » Mar 3rd, '06, 16:17

Shina wrote:its the power of make up ^_^ hrhrhr im going to marry korean guy :D
i'll never do that, eventhough i love korean male celebs... coz once u become a daughter in law to a korean family, u'll be like "slave"...u have to obey whatever they say..
korean families are very strict, especially about marriage.

catherinele21

Post by catherinele21 » Mar 3rd, '06, 16:25

nrg_hot330 wrote:
Shina wrote:its the power of make up ^_^ hrhrhr im going to marry korean guy :D
i'll never do that, eventhough i love korean male celebs... coz once u become a daughter in law to a korean family, u'll be like "slave"...u have to obey whatever they say..
korean families are very strict, especially about marriage.
lol i didnt think of that..but since ya mentioned it..yeah it seems most likely the case if i did marry a korean..

nrg_hot330

Post by nrg_hot330 » Mar 3rd, '06, 16:37

yup...maybe u noticed it from many dramas and movies... korean mother-in-law is like monster-in-law.
i'm not saying it's all the koreans, but most of them do...

babytarragon

Post by babytarragon » Jul 31st, '06, 01:41

I'm not an expert but I try really hard with my looks...I'm not bad looking but I have many flaws so need to make an effort....my before and after is nearly as extreme as those wedding photos...haha...heres what i think about looking good!

so long as the make up is expensive, I don't think the brand matters too much. if it's double l'oreal's price you can trust it. also, a good moisturizer really improves how your make up will look...

another thing I find is, if I kept using the same type of mascara eventually it won't look good, so I change to another and when I change back again it looks good again! I think this is like changing your shampoo occasionally

about clothes, its easy to think, she looks better than she usually does in that, it must be the clothes so they'll make me look good. the most important thing is learning your flaws and best points and working out visual tricks to improve your look. I found that a tightish sleeveless t shirt and knee length skirt makes the best of my small chest and hides my short legs...its all about experimenting and realizing why something looks good...

anyway sorry that was long hope it helps someone in some way!

Engelchen18
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Engelchen18 » Aug 1st, '06, 20:14

Yes here you see how much power the make up has so I don't like make up because then you aren't...you :P

sheep11

Post by sheep11 » Aug 1st, '06, 20:18

aaaahhhh makeup is wonderful, lol! and i don't think theres anything wrong with it. theres nothing bad about trying to look better. if u get a haircut and do ur hair, u look better. and if u go to the gym u also look more fit. most of us are not blessed with perfect genes so we need to work with wat we have 8)

minitweety

Post by minitweety » Aug 21st, '06, 02:09

i tink Kim Tae, Lee Da-Hae and Eun Hye are some special ones that still looks good without make up on=)

d_siradz

Post by d_siradz » Aug 31st, '06, 05:35

I'm an Indonesian and have fairly sensitive skin. I use mostly Clinique and must say that it's the best for me so far, especially the skincare products! The facial soap, toner (clarifying lotion), and moisturiser do absolute wonders for me! I highly recommend it to anyone =) For make-up and bath products I use Body Shop which are also very good and environmentally-friendly.

My advice for anyone in taking care of their skin is to clean your make-up properly every night, moisturise a lot, and don't eat excessive junk food. Expensive products don't necessarily mean they're the best for your skin, but they usually ARE of high quality. But... some people are blessed with naturally good skin and with minimum effort they can keep it that way. For others (like myself, hahaha), higher maintenance is needed - perhaps caused by genetics, the environment (living in a polluted environment will definitely have impact on your skin), and your diet.

But anyways, I've listed some tips on maintaining healthy looking skin, credits to Family Digest Media Group. Tips always come in handy but most importantly, get to know your own skin type coz different people need different maintenance :) Hope this helps!

Dian
d_siradz@yahoo.com

1. Don't pick pimples.
2. Drink lots of water.
3. Find out your skin type.
4. Keep astringents away from irritated skin.
5. Go easy on the stress.
6. Check your diet. Fruits and vegetables are important for healthy skin and overall well-being.
7. Limit sun exposure. Sun ages the skin and increases the risk for skin ailments.
8. Research products before using them to make sure they are right for you.
9. Do facial exercises and get facials.
10. Use olive oil to keep the skin supple.
11. Get plenty of rest.
12. Keep your hands away from your face. Hands carry germs that are often transferred to our faces.
13. Wax. Although waxing is more expensive than shaving at home, waxing saves your skin from the effects of daily shaving.
14. Be season conscience in your skin care regimen.
15. Don't smoke.
16. Cut down on alcoholic beverages. They dehydrate the skin.
17. Look at your relatives. Genetics may give you some idea of how to care for your skin.
18. Use makeup, in moderation. The right products, used correctly, can give you a flawless appearance.
19. Use pore reducing creams instead of patches. Patches tend to be unkind to dry skin, causing irritation.
20. Take vitamins.
21. Moisturize. Always keep lotion in your purse for those midday touch ups.
22. Reduce shine.
23. Use cucumbers to minimize puffy eyes.
24. Wash your face at least twice a day.
25. Don't sleep with makeup on. Your pores need to breathe.
26. Steam yourself. It's great for the skin and reduces stress.
27. Try mud masks.
28. Exercise.
29. Use trial and error. Finding products you absolutely cannot live without takes time and patience.
30. Use homemade body-buffing salt, made from coarse kosher salt, safflower oil, and your favorite essential oil.
31. Use cocoa butter to smooth out scars.
32. Get a shower brush to reach the middle of your back. This may reduce the appearance of blackheads.
33. Don't neglect your feet until it's almost sandal season.
34. Use a loofa brush to help minimize cellulite on your thighs.
35. Pumice stones work wonders for the heels of your feet, knees and elbows.
36. Bikini wax regularly for a continuously smooth area.
37. Try vitamin E oil for scars.
38. Condition the lips. Our lips are often overlooked until they begin to peel and crack.
39. Take a skin softening milk bath.
40. Don't forget suntan lotion and sunscreen. Yes, we need it too! Darker pigmentation doesn't mean the skin is immune to sun damage.
41. Don't ignore your cuticles. Combine olive oil and Vitamin E oil for super soft cuticles.
42. Run over to Bath & Body Works to try the Stress Relief Body Lotion. I love it!
43. Lemon juice is excellent for embarrassing skin discolorations.
44. Flaxseed oil is great for healing acne, eczema and dermatitis.
45. Have a seaweed body wrap. It helps remove toxins from your body.
46. A full body massage is a great relaxing agent as well as a way to get circulation flowing through your entire body to improve your skin.
47. Never scrub your skin. Gently massage it.
48. Use a wet/dry shaver, rather than a straight razor, to reduce painful nicks when shaving.
49. Use soap that is skin-friendly. Some soaps can be very harsh on your skin and leave a build up that keeps your skin from looking its best.
50. Keep all beauty accessories and tools clean to reduce the risk of germs infecting your skin.

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Aug 31st, '06, 05:57

get plastic surgery? :sweat: :lol:

^^ya got some nice tips there!

34. Use a loofa brush to help minimize cellulite on your thighs.

hmmm....I didnt know that. loofas are kind of harsh. Anyways, I've heard massaging those cellulity areas and use body firming lotion will decrease them dimples.

Yes, try not to shave....wax only. If you can't, then pluck away.

Speaking of Bath and Body works, I am quite fond of C.O. Bigelow's lemon sugar body scrub. It brightens the skin & does a good job exfoliating. Asians never want to be tan so put sunscreen on everday even when you are indoors. Remember it takes 30 mins to work and apply graciously because it does wear off.

I've been seeing this site @ asianfanatics. here's the link: http://www.cct-fashion.com/index.php?currency=USD
They're a wholsale clothing website that houses some Korean clothes. They are pretty cheap (just hope they don't look cheap :crazy: ) but you have to buy in bulk. I've had my eye on them for a long time. grr...why is that fobby look so in? :wink:

AngelicLayer

Post by AngelicLayer » Oct 10th, '06, 18:59

Im not rude and I donnt wanna be rude now, but if you want to look like a korean actress, you should obviously do a plastic surgery!
And yes, asian cosmetics is much better than even the french one! Even in the past, chinese women, also the japanese (Geisha) used cosmetics, so their products are much better!
As ive noticed, the Asians look all so soft and kinda cute, even boys look like girls. Dunno what the reason is! Maybe their nourishment?

outcast

Post by outcast » Nov 10th, '06, 13:14

WHAT???
Come again???
For me i used brands like, max vactor B/C IT has a great liquied face foundition,Maybelline has a great face powder and mascara,Revlon the bes lips gloss,lancome almost everythings, espcially mascra,blushes, eye shadows, chrstian dior has the best face cream and lotion milk, clarins also the best cleaning face milk and cream, what else???
I'm so confused!!
I WISH IF I CAN USE ONE LINE OF COSMETICS, IF U KNOW ONE, PLZZZ GIVE THE LIST OF NAMES???

Jesette

Post by Jesette » Nov 11th, '06, 04:57

Beauty is always in the eyes of the beholder. I agree that most korean actress are pretty. Whether they had undergone surgery or not, I don't care so long as they really make an effort to look good on screen. They owe it to their audience to look good. However, I have no intention to really look like them. I am contented just to see them on my small screen radiant and lovely as they portray their roles to the max.

xAznGurl

Post by xAznGurl » Dec 30th, '06, 20:13

wow now i notice that make-up can make a big difference just by looking at those pictures.

kaasbris

Post by kaasbris » Feb 11th, '07, 18:38

I don't want to be rude, but those who think most actors/actress did surgery are biased. That will comfort their jealous mind, but spreading rumors on the net just shows how twisted they are.

I know some actress actually did. But also I know most didn't really need to. Some just born pretty, some don't.

Getting jealous by comparing him/herself with movie star is ... just too ridiculous.
Just remember: No one cares if movie star did surgery or not except jealous anti's: Sad but truth.