Kelly Osbourne Turning Japanese ITV2

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
Hero

Kelly Osbourne Turning Japanese ITV2

Post by Hero » Feb 1st, '07, 12:35

Her ow tv program starts tonight on ITV2 where she goes shopping in Tokyo and then goes around doing different jobs in Tokyo.
http://www.itv.com/page.asp?partid=6988
Im really looking forward to seeing this.

Enki

Post by Enki » Feb 1st, '07, 20:09

I saw two episodes of this.

It's cool cause you get to see a very wide range of life in Tokyo (traditional ceremonies and modern jobs). But, yknow, Kelly Osbourne has to complain about every single freaking thing all the time... :lol

Hero

Post by Hero » Feb 1st, '07, 23:49

Enki wrote:I saw two episodes of this.

It's cool cause you get to see a very wide range of life in Tokyo (traditional ceremonies and modern jobs). But, yknow, Kelly Osbourne has to complain about every single freaking thing all the time... :lol
Cool how have you seen two eps already? i thought the first ep only aired tonight?
yeah she does complain a lot doesnt she lol the love hotel was funny

funki3

Post by funki3 » Feb 2nd, '07, 00:02

i've watched i a few episodes already, and i think it's the most hilarious thing ever. i think kelly really had the most cliched ideas of japan. i think it's totally awesome that it's nothing really like what she expected. but i'm jealous of her. i wanna go to japan =(

Catris

Post by Catris » Feb 2nd, '07, 19:09

Ya I'm watching it too now that it's playing on Much Music. I really like it! She does complain but that's what makes the show more real. I like how her translator plays oalong with all her craziness.

Y_T

Post by Y_T » Feb 4th, '07, 06:15

The first episode alone has her managing a Love Hotel in Tokyo, training with Samurai and working in what appears to be an otaku Maid Cafe. The second episode has her going to a manga convention in cosplay!
Attachments

[The extension torrent has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Feb 4th, '07, 06:23

how...odd...

Keymaker

Post by Keymaker » Feb 4th, '07, 09:14

Haha, is it really called "Turning Japanese"? That's f'ing hilarious.

ianwarren

Post by ianwarren » Feb 11th, '07, 00:18

first of all they get that waste of space Kelly Osbourne to present it...

then on top of it all they name the series after one of the most offensive possible songs towards Japanese people there is (and play the bloody thing during all the adverts for it)

Ar_Yue

Post by Ar_Yue » Feb 11th, '07, 16:44

I did watch it but stupid ITV2+1 didn't allow it to repeat!!! (TT__TT )

niskoa

Post by niskoa » Feb 12th, '07, 19:13

I think episode 2 aired last thursday, does anyone know when the torrent will be up?

Thanks Y_T for posting the torrent link for episode 1. I downloaded it!

sorvani

Post by sorvani » Feb 13th, '07, 01:07

this show reminds me so much why i canceled my satellite TV service 2 years ago.

I'm sure main stream Japanese TV is no better really from what I've heard, but at least most of that stuff never shows up on torrents in the places i stick my nose into.

I d/l'd the first show to see for myself if it was as crappy as people have been posting. It is. don't waste your bandwidth on it.

moogli

Post by moogli » Feb 13th, '07, 01:21

hehe I though it was pretty funny when she worked at a Love hotel xDD

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Feb 13th, '07, 01:42

Keymaker wrote:Haha, is it really called "Turning Japanese"? That's f'ing hilarious.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/ ... s/rofl.gif[/img]Please tell me they know it's another way of saying 'masturbating'.

Y_T

Post by Y_T » Feb 13th, '07, 09:35

Kelly Osbourne loves shopping in Japan, but will her working holiday
leave her dying to stay or longing to leave? Her string of unususal
jobs continues when she dresses up as a doll for a Manga convention,
takes holy orders to become a nun and works in an Oxygen Bar.

Channel: ITV2 @ 21:00, 2007/02/08
Attachments

Takekaze

Post by Takekaze » Feb 13th, '07, 10:05

Y_T wrote:The first episode alone has her managing a Love Hotel in Tokyo, training with Samurai and working in what appears to be an otaku Maid Cafe. The second episode has her going to a manga convention in cosplay!
Uhm, no, there are no samurai anymore. Ever since emperor Meiji's class abolishment and sword abolishment acts those guys don't exist anymore. She's doing kendo (rather badly, though). I feel sorry that sensei, really.

On the good side... it's not Paris Hilton, thank the gods. However, Kelly Ozborne isn't really much better. Hyped for no good reason. Typical.

Reality tv... someone nuke the tv stations, please.

Ar_Yue

Post by Ar_Yue » Feb 13th, '07, 11:58

I'm looking forward to the third one, she gets to be a English teacher and gets laughed at by some kid.

She's not my favourite person in the world but she very honest gal. That I give credit but what can you do if you are in the public eye and pretty much have famous parents. Can't just disappear from the face of the earth? Sure there are worst useless "celebs" out there, like Jade goody or Chantal <--- can't spell her name but who cares?

But hey, it gives me something to watch and learn about stuff that I didn't know about. Like the nun and the doll ceremony.

niskoa

Post by niskoa » Feb 13th, '07, 19:12

Thanks for the torrent, Y_T. Look forward to the next.

Hitnrun

Post by Hitnrun » Feb 13th, '07, 20:02

I can't get the second ep, got "Error: Tracker Response Error:Connection limit exceeded! You may only leech from one location at a time. in Tracker: http://uknova.com/announce.php?passkey= ... 5a2c813470", tryied to sign up but the screen is blank, someone got it?

ZeeSeeS
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ZeeSeeS » Feb 14th, '07, 21:44

Yea I get the same error :( . Any other website we can download it from?

altec1

Post by altec1 » Feb 15th, '07, 23:36

I watched most of the episodes. MTV likes to replay them over and over. :roll

Takekaze

Post by Takekaze » Feb 16th, '07, 08:06

As a rule from now on, I shall not type a post and talk on the phone with someone. The results are... disturbing.

It's, of course, not kendo. It's, of course, ken-jutsu, with some iaido elements.

However, she still sucks at it.

And I don't understand why she's allowed to handle a live weapon without proper training (how much did it cost to bribe that sensei?).

And, most importantly... What's with all the "samurai" talk in episode 1? These guys aren't samurai, there are NO samurai anymore.

One thing this show has achieved so far: emphasize common misconceptions like: you're practicing kendo or ken-jutsu, thus you're a samurai. Bullshit... samurai were a social class, which has been abolished by the Meiji government in the 1870s, nothing else.

Hero

Post by Hero » Feb 16th, '07, 11:34

Just saw the 3rd and final epsiode of this. I thught the last episode was very good as well, the visit to Kyoto was cool with all the geishas.

About all this Samurai etc, i think most people over here just know sword fighting with a samurai like sword is a samurai so its easier for people to understand. Im not bothered about what they called it.
overall great show into japanese culture

Y_T

Post by Y_T » Feb 16th, '07, 11:49

As Kelly Osbourne's stay in Japan comes to an end, she is set her biggest
challenge yet: to pass as a Geisha. With only seven days to learn the
traditions of this mysterious and ancient world, can Kelly truly turn
Japanese?

Channel: ITV2 @ 21:00, 2007/02/15
Attachments

Templar

Post by Templar » Feb 17th, '07, 00:27

Would someone be able to upload this onto a different tracker for those of us who are not regstered on UKNOVA?

ruisu

Post by ruisu » Feb 17th, '07, 01:33

Kamui6 wrote:
Keymaker wrote:Haha, is it really called "Turning Japanese"? That's f'ing hilarious.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/ ... s/rofl.gif[/img]Please tell me they know it's another way of saying 'masturbating'.
what now?

and this song is offensive? i never noticed, how so?

Hitnrun

Post by Hitnrun » Feb 17th, '07, 12:55

Was someone able to register at wknova? When I try to signup, the area where there should be fields appears all blank to me.

ruisu

Post by ruisu » Feb 17th, '07, 17:03

decided to watch this. kelly osbourne is one annoying SOB. she makes it really hard to watch. i couldn't get through it, and it's under an hour!

niskoa

Post by niskoa » Feb 17th, '07, 19:52

She is annoying, but.... what is the name of the apartment she's living at??

I can't get over that place. Does anyone know where that is?

ZeeSeeS
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ZeeSeeS » Feb 17th, '07, 21:45

Same thing.Can't register at uknova.
Anyway, not the best quality but you can watch all 3 episodes at youtube.

niskoa

Post by niskoa » Feb 17th, '07, 22:57

Probable reason why you can't register (read the FAQ):

There is a limit of 30,000 users. When the limit is reached we stop accepting new members. Also, the limit is revised from time to time and may go down as well as up. Accounts which are inactive for 42 days are automatically deleted to make way for new users. There can be up to 300 new accounts available per day so if your friend keeps trying at regular intervals they have a good chance of becoming a member!

The signup page is blank when there are no accounts available. This is done to prevent abuse and is not a fault!

prismatic_star

Post by prismatic_star » Feb 18th, '07, 03:40

I watched all three episodes~ It's very informative!

Kirari

Post by Kirari » Feb 18th, '07, 16:24

ugh.. that broad is so annoying. She's absolutely not open for any experience whatsoever. I'd trade places with in a sec, but she keeps **** and moan about how weird japanese customs are. It's rather offensive actually. And she just really proves that westeners can't get the japanese culture through their thick skull. But I'm still watching though XD. For the learning experience. Japan is so cool.
Thanks for the torrent links!

vampee

Post by vampee » Feb 20th, '07, 18:45

I didn't have any problems with the torrents, I guess because I'm using utorrent, maybe that can help those who can't download the file

korean_foreva

Post by korean_foreva » Feb 20th, '07, 19:30

haha..ive seen this thought it was realli gd..

i seen the geisha part..omgosh she kept on complainin bout the sittin....geez she knew it wud have been painful ...and then the respect thing bout the tea....she was like....omg...lolz...

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Feb 20th, '07, 20:07

what station is this or channel is this coming on? I haven't watched TV in such a long time
Last edited by christaluvsdrama on Feb 20th, '07, 20:27, edited 1 time in total.

korean_foreva

Post by korean_foreva » Feb 20th, '07, 20:15

christaluvsdrama wrote:what station is this or channel is this coming on? I watched TV in such a long time
its on ITV2

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Feb 20th, '07, 20:26

korean_foreva wrote:
christaluvsdrama wrote:what station is this or channel is this coming on? I watched TV in such a long time
its on ITV2

Oky don't call me stupid k..... :cry: :| Is that on Satelite Dish or Cable or is ITV2 stand for Internet TV? I've never heard of this site before if it is a site. remember don't call me stupid k lol :lol I'm lame when it comes to being up to date with stuff

sambuk

Post by sambuk » Feb 20th, '07, 20:41

christaluvsdrama wrote:
korean_foreva wrote:
its on ITV2

Oky don't call me stupid k..... :cry: :| Is that on Satelite Dish or Cable or is ITV2 stand for Internet TV? I've never heard of this site before if it is a site. remember don't call me stupid k lol :lol I'm lame when it comes to being up to date with stuff
itv 2 is an english cable channel. ITV 1 is one of the 5 standard channels al britsish tvs have as STANDARD. ITV 2 is like a spin off, and comes with all basic cable/freeview packages :D its not an internet site, its a TV channel :D

korean_foreva

Post by korean_foreva » Feb 20th, '07, 20:43

christaluvsdrama wrote:
korean_foreva wrote:
its on ITV2

haha..its ok, its ok SKY (Satelite Dish) <<i think ..haha im stpid now..lolz..and the channel is (118 - i think)...i dont remember the no exact...

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Feb 20th, '07, 20:57

@korean_foreva & @sambuk

Thank You hehe I am informed :-) :mrgreen:

korean_foreva

Post by korean_foreva » Feb 20th, '07, 21:54

christaluvsdrama wrote:@korean_foreva & @sambuk

Thank You hehe I am informed :-) :mrgreen:
npz ^____^

wing_goddess

Post by wing_goddess » Apr 22nd, '09, 19:08

*bows* sorry for resurrecting a very old thread :sweat:

My hard drive recently died on me, so now I'm trying to redownload what i use to have. Unfortunately, i can't find links to episode 1 & 2 to this. Episode 3 i found. May anyone upload/or direct me to another working download link. The torrents of course have no more seeders (not surprised)

If anyone can help, it shall make this fangirl happy ^^

Although Kelly was b*tchy in this, the show was still very good.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Apr 22nd, '09, 19:30

Sigh, :-(

Can't believe that they would put Kelly Osbourne in any programme about Japan. It is just a travesty and really not at all funny.

It appears to me that it is almost intentionally insulting, or at least extremely rude, to show any of the culture of Japan through the eyes of this person.

The culture and history of Japan is wonderful, but you really have to learn and study even if you only watch dramas and films from Japan.

This person should have only been shown street entertainment and lower elements of the entertainment world. No explanations needed I think. Sub culture maybe, but definiitely nothing like what samurais were and what the world and learning of the geisha really is.

Beyond me...I am sorry that this is a show being presented in UK.

Peggy

donkey105

Post by donkey105 » Aug 8th, '09, 04:37

great show