[Discussion] Hana Yori Dango Season 2

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Feb 13th, '07, 21:37

mcg wrote:When someone wakes you up that way, you can't help but fall in love with him/her :mrgreen:
yeh but u don`t show it out if the one that woke u up is the person that is the true love of your best mate! :cry: that`s where rui handled thing wrong!

kiki

Post by kiki » Feb 13th, '07, 21:38

i give him that, but when dom came back, after interacting with each other, seeing how makino still love dom, seing how they still love each other. How come sourijio can notice that tsukasa must had some reason to abandone makino but yet rui can't. don't he see how hurt both of them are, yet he kept pursuing regarless of anything. makino even said rui goes his own way regarless what everybody else is. so yes he is selfish, he is now pursuing his own happiness without regard of what happen beside him.

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Feb 13th, '07, 21:39

Selfish, yes, but this is life may i remind u pplz. =)

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Feb 13th, '07, 21:43

hmmmm u say tsukasa hurt tsukushi`s feelings....but didn`t tsukushi hurt his feelings too?she appeared on that magazine cover with junpei and when she met him in NY she didn`t recognise that she was there cos she wanted to see him... :cry: did u see that hurt look on tsukasa`s face everytime he asked her if she was there cos she wanted to see him and she`d answer"no"?so u`re telling me that if u were rui u`d do the same thing cos "this is life"? :-(

mcg

Post by mcg » Feb 13th, '07, 21:45

Not everybody is that honest inside. I mean some people can't help hurting others, and others wouldn't hold just for that cos they would think their love is the most important thing. It happens that sometimes are couples that aren't meant to be, and people that think they can get through them, they just do, and others are just too scared to what the other will think, so they never confesss...
Rui's only trying to get what he wants, he don't wanna hurt Tsukasa, but he's been unhappy for a long time, so maybe that's why he's acting selfish now, also he thinks that Tsukasa is being a jerk. But at least he realizes that he cannot force Makino to choose him instead of choosing Tsukasa.

And I think the Makino from the drama has never showed she's gonna fall for Rui again, she's holding too much, she has even told Tsukasa to leave her alone, but she still feels weird with Rui. You don't feel weird if someone you love confess his feelings, even if he rejected you once, you can feel confused, but not weird. And Makino feels weird about it cos she loves Rui as a friend, but don't know how to act now he has confessed his feelings. But the plot must keep the love triangle, so we can get all mad at one of the main roles, take parts... and feel sad about our favorite candidate to take Tsukushi's heart...

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Feb 13th, '07, 21:45

kiki wrote:i give him that, but when dom came back, after interacting with each other, seeing how makino still love dom, seing how they still love each other. How come sourijio can notice that tsukasa must had some reason to abandone makino but yet rui can't. don't he see how hurt both of them are, yet he kept pursuing regarless of anything. makino even said rui goes his own way regarless what everybody else is. so yes he is selfish, he is now pursuing his own happiness without regard of what happen beside him.
rui was the one that said"i`m sure that tsukasa has a reason for acting like this!"remember?he was the only one that said it.......and yet even knowing that he starts making moves on makino..... :glare:

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Feb 13th, '07, 21:46

first: it wasn'y her falt she appeared on the cover, and 2nd: Tsukasa should have knows by now that Tsukushi's a stubborn one, so i dunno...i think i would do it becasue it's 'life' otherwise i'm not facing life straight on

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Feb 13th, '07, 21:48

@mcg: I agree with u completely

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Feb 13th, '07, 21:49

I think that Rui's action is his way for forcing Tsukasa and Makino to sort their feelings out. Rui truly loves Tsukushi and Tsukasa. He doesn't want them to just drift apart without resolution. So, the plan is to either have them end it for good or get together again. imho, Rui would be content with either result, but not with no resolution

It's the sun and moon metaphore. Tsukasa, the sun, is bright and powerful and is extremely vain and demands adoration. Rui is gentle, mysterious but is cold and fleeting.

Overall, I think that Tsukushi would have a happier life if she can accept Rui, but would have fewer regrets with Tsukasa. Tho it's clear that she'll end up with Tsukasa if she ends up with anyone

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Feb 13th, '07, 21:52

@auroragb: agree agree. Totally agree

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Feb 13th, '07, 21:52

DMPA wrote:first: it wasn'y her falt she appeared on the cover, and 2nd: Tsukasa should have knows by now that Tsukushi's a stubborn one, so i dunno...i think i would do it becasue it's 'life' otherwise i'm not facing life straight on
well it wasn`t her fault but tsukasa was tousands miles away he couldn`t know that it wasn`t her fault could he?so he started feeling unsecure....plus cos of the shock of seing ken killing himself in front of his eyes....so he had his reasons :cry: they`re both stubborn but beside that wall they`re both just soinlove with eachother :lol if i were rui i sure won`t do the things he did....i`d sure suffer like hell inside but i wouldn`t do that to my best friend...

princess_jime

Post by princess_jime » Feb 13th, '07, 21:54

AzNightDreams wrote:I luv ur avatars especially the first one^^
Thanks! feel free to use whatever you want :D

I just love how we all get intense when it comes to hanadan... :lol
auroragb wrote:
I think that Rui's action is his way for forcing Tsukasa and Makino to sort their feelings out. Rui truly loves Tsukushi and Tsukasa. He doesn't want them to just drift apart without resolution. So, the plan is to either have them end it for good or get together again. imho, Rui would be content with either result, but not with no resolution
It's the sun and moon metaphore. Tsukasa, the sun, is bright and powerful and is extremely vain and demands adoration. Rui is gentle, mysterious but is cold and unyielding.
Amen. :thumright:

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Feb 13th, '07, 21:55

Well, different people have different oppinions, and different reasons for the oppinions, but it wasn;t fair of dom to not call her AT ALL. and Rui has the righ to fall in love with tsukushi and love her, because he's been there for her all alone, and it feels like Rui knows her waay more then Dom.

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 13th, '07, 21:55

princess_jime wrote:
AzNightDreams wrote:I luv ur avatars especially the first one^^
Thanks! feel free to use whatever you want :D

I just love how we all get intense when it comes to hanadan... :lol
auroragb wrote:
It's the sun and moon metaphore. Tsukasa, the sun, is bright and powerful and is extremely vain and demands adoration. Rui is gentle, mysterious but is cold and unyielding.
Amen. :thumright:
lol I kno we get intense
but that just shows how such great fans we are^^

mcg

Post by mcg » Feb 13th, '07, 21:58

Aw! I just wish we could have series like this every season! Ne?

I really hope Dom gets Tsukushi at the end, and that Kamio sensei continues the manga, don't care if I have to wait for it.

Guys I'm gonna watch some Tokyo Juliet, LOL not too much into Taiwanese dramas, but I love the manga, I read it last week, bough the 13 tankoubons in four days LOL, read them that quick! And now I'm watching the series. The manga's not as good as Hanadan, but I liked the story.

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Feb 13th, '07, 22:00

well i thought the same at first that he was only doing the things he does to help tsukasa and tsukushi sort their feelings out and start it again from where they left it when tsukasa had to leave to NY!but rui is exagerating way too much now and it`s not about that anymore....he just wants makino for him and that`s all*sighs*

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Feb 13th, '07, 22:02

@lee's little alien:That's what people call 'love'

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Feb 13th, '07, 22:04

DMPA wrote:@lee's little alien:That's what people call 'love'
:lol yeh it`s called love but i dunno it`s like an unspoken rule that says"don`t start a relationship with ur best friend`s true love"!it`s not right.....u can`t do that to ur best friend knowing how much he loves that person,u can`t be the one that hurts him so much and that makes him suffer!

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Feb 13th, '07, 22:06

i think i rather be the reason for my best friend's suffering then some other idiot. besides, he made her suffer too!!! that is so not fair to her! (sry, i just think it's retarted how dom can just come back and be like' oh sry, i made a mistake, llets keep on lovin' kinda thing)

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Feb 13th, '07, 22:13

DMPA wrote:i think i rather be the reason for my best friend's suffering then some other idiot. besides, he made her suffer too!!! that is so not fair to her! (sry, i just think it's retarted how dom can just come back and be like' oh sry, i made a mistake, llets keep on lovin' kinda thing)
i`d prefer be the one that gives him/her a shoulder to cry on than be the one that caused those tears!well we definitely have different opinions and we`re not getting anywhere with this....i`m just gonna support tsukasa,u`re just gonna suport rui and that`s all to it!tsukasa tried to confess his love for makino like 3-4 times before he managed to,as things were getting in his way....so he wasn`t like"sorry i made a mistake lets keep loving..."tsukasa is willing to give up everything for this love!
Last edited by lee`s little alien on Feb 13th, '07, 22:15, edited 1 time in total.

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Feb 13th, '07, 22:14

indeed we do have different oppinions, no hard feelings though right? =D

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Feb 13th, '07, 22:16

DMPA wrote:indeed we do have different oppinions, no hard feelings though right? =D
of course!no hard feelings! :P we`re just discussing our opinions upon this situation!that`s all! :P

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Feb 13th, '07, 22:17

good good. I'm happy that people have different oppinion then me, cuz then u get to talk through the oppinions and sometimes argue, and i like that =D

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Feb 13th, '07, 22:21

DMPA wrote:good good. I'm happy that people have different oppinion then me, cuz then u get to talk through the oppinions and sometimes argue, and i like that =D
that`s true!if everyone on here would support tsukasa x tsukushi than everythingt would get boring and we would run out of things to tlk about quickly :lol like this we have to bring reasons to support our ideas and our believes and it`s nice to see that! :-)
Last edited by lee`s little alien on Feb 13th, '07, 22:22, edited 1 time in total.

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Feb 13th, '07, 22:21

wow... such a long debate on rui vs tsukasa.

I just have one thing to say... this love square is hell of a lot better than the love square in the chinese drama that's about hair salon or something.

I watched that last night, and it's like Guy A is engaged to Girl A, but Girl A kinda sorta likes Guy B, who already have Girl B himself. Girl A won't admit that she likes Guy B, but Guy A realizes that and breaks up with her in the most painful way. Guy A asks one of his girl friend to act as the new girl he fell in love with, and he KISSES that girl in front of Girl A, to make Girl A hate him. Then Girl A runs away CRYING, even though she obviously likes Guy B better than Guy A, and she could care less if Guy A falls for someone else. I think she's just crying because she knows Guy B is about to go to London, and if both Guy A and Guy B leaves her, she'll be all alone.

Compared to Girl A, Tsukushi is such a likeable character. And I love both Rui and Doumyouji for the role they play in Tsukushi's life. It's interesting... I think Shigeru is annoying for trying to break up Doumyouji and Tsukushi, but I don't think Rui is annoying for trying to break up those two.

ClassicalPR

Post by ClassicalPR » Feb 13th, '07, 22:24

I've been physically restraining myself from reading the spoilers for Episodes 8 and 9, but apparently they're quite shocking. So, for those who've read them, are they good shocking or bad shocking? :unsure:

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 13th, '07, 22:25

Its so hard to decide which side to take! lol

Sometimes I luv Rui and sometimes I luv Tsukaka^^

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Feb 13th, '07, 22:25

=O where do u get the spoilers from?!?!?!?1?!

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Feb 13th, '07, 22:25

:lol :lol :lol :lol nice situation that girl A is going through :lol well i have to admit that my feelings of anger towards shigeru are more stronger than my feelings of anger towards rui....maybe cos i`m a girl whO knows....yet that doesn`t mean i agree with what he`s doing!cos I DON`T! :x :glare:
Last edited by lee`s little alien on Feb 13th, '07, 22:26, edited 1 time in total.

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 13th, '07, 22:26

DMPA wrote:=O where do u get the spoilers from?!?!?!?1?!
Its from the past pages
I think someone posted them
Last edited by AzNightDreams on Feb 13th, '07, 22:28, edited 2 times in total.

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Feb 13th, '07, 22:27

=O i must find them then!!!! lol! i love spoilers!!! THEY SPOIL EVERYTHING lol! (what a retard i am...lmao)

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 13th, '07, 22:28

Found them.. right here:

http://jland.wordpress.com/

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Feb 13th, '07, 22:29

:lol :lol :lol :lol i try to stay away from spoilers exactly cos they spoil everything!it`s hard to stay away from them but yet i like to see those things when than happen then to know before what will happen! :lol

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 13th, '07, 22:30

Me 2 lol

thats y i do not dare to look at them no matter how tempting^^

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Feb 13th, '07, 22:31

lol. i love seeing 'the future' lol

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Feb 13th, '07, 22:32

AzNightDreams wrote:Me 2 lol

thats y i do not dare to look at them no matter how tempting^^
yep yep!it`s better to be surprised rather then to be like"i knew that would happen!"it makes the"staying away"worth fighting with the temptation! :mrgreen:

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Feb 13th, '07, 22:33

...those were really poopie spoilers lmao

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Feb 13th, '07, 22:34

well i`m off to sleep now as it`s almost 1 am in my country!*yawns*it was a nie chat!
*supports tsukasa 4ever as he deserves it* :P :wub:

Ayulyn

Post by Ayulyn » Feb 13th, '07, 22:35

DMPA wrote:i think i rather be the reason for my best friend's suffering then some other idiot. besides, he made her suffer too!!! that is so not fair to her! (sry, i just think it's retarted how dom can just come back and be like' oh sry, i made a mistake, llets keep on lovin' kinda thing)

Im sorry, but that has to be one of the most ridiculous things to say.
Im not trying to sound so mean, but you should never want to be THAT person to the person that cares about you so much. You should never let a girl/guy come between the friendship. So you'd basically rather be the idiot that screwed your friend over, rather than someone else? Im not sure how that makes sense. If you'd rather your best friend in the whole world betray you like that, with someone you have extremely strong feelings for, then so be it.

I do believe it was messed up how he did her, for a whole year. That doesn't mean its cool, but he was also very stressed. He should have told her whats up, but that isnt how dramas work.

Anyway, A friend is a not a friend, if they can't respect you and your feelings. Rui didn't talk to Tsukasa one to one about it..he just went for it, though he knew Tsukasa was already suffering, trying to decide what to do. Now, Rui is just going for it, because It seems like competition. Also, Makino doesn't love Rui..She loves Tsukasa. It doesn't seem to me like she can replace Tsukasa so quickly, with someone else. Rui is just being a jerk now, because he's officially pressuring her, when he knows that she feels for someone else. You can't do that..you have to give that person time to decide on their own.

Sorry if I came off mean, I just didn't understand your statement just then..

Btw. I haven't read the manga,..I dont know if they end up closer, or what. I really dun. Im just going by how I feel about it and the emotions she's letting out.

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 13th, '07, 22:39

lee`s little alien wrote:well i`m off to sleep now as it`s almost 1 am in my country!*yawns*it was a nie chat!
*supports tsukasa 4ever as he deserves it* :P :wub:
One a.m :blink
Woahhhh lol its only 5:40 pm here
o and DMPA was it that bad lol

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Feb 13th, '07, 22:40

@Ayulyn: lol, np. sometimes i dun make sence, but i'll try to eplain the best i can what i ment by that statement

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Feb 13th, '07, 22:41

1 am?!?! hilly! it's 2:41 pm here!

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Feb 13th, '07, 22:43

Rui sees both dom and tsukushi suffer, and if i was rui, i'd like them to be apart, and well...it's like 2 birds with one stone kinda thing. i mean, i wouldn't...i mean i WOULD mind, but i RATHER lose my friend then see them suffer becasue of love.

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 13th, '07, 22:55

Im sort of the person that would give friendship up 4 luv but I dunt realli kno since I have never actually fallen in luv b4^^

but If I realli luved that person, I would act like Rui

I dunt thnk hes doing anything wrong ><

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Feb 13th, '07, 22:58

YEAH!! GO AZNIGHTDREAMS!!! LOVE U!! LOL (in a straight way that is) lol

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 13th, '07, 23:01

lol I dunno I've always liked Rui

I like Tsukasa too but Rui won me over when I was first introduced to him :wub:

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Feb 13th, '07, 23:02

lol! aaw. I just love how's he's always so sweet...and so quiet...i LOVE quiet guys! which was like when i saw him i was just 'oh.my.god...HE"S AMAZING" i wish all guys were sweet

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 13th, '07, 23:07

Yup in the beginning, he always struck me as mysterious and quiet which made him so different from the other f4

This is going to turn into a thread about me and u fangirling over Rui lol

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Feb 13th, '07, 23:08

lmao!!! probably if keep on going like this lol!

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Feb 13th, '07, 23:12

true true! *sigh* i love d-addicts...it's so...ADDICTING! lol and I love hyd. when did u start watching it?

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 13th, '07, 23:12

DMPA wrote:lmao!!! probably if keep on going like this lol!
lol is it me or did everyone just leave ><

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Feb 13th, '07, 23:13

i love domyouji and makino but i also love rui and makino but for me it's dom and makino all the way. i think she's the perfect girl for domyouji hehe! but i wouldn't mind any rui makino moments! i love rui as well! and it's heart-breaking for me to see him getting all heartbroken from makino.... sigh! just wanna give him a big hug!!!

does anyone have the tokyo friend park where the hanadan cast guested? really wanna download that but the torrent here isn't working.... thank so much!

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 13th, '07, 23:15

Nevermind my last post..

I luv tsukasa and makino together too they r just so cute
I feel really bad 4 Rui tho and i agree sometimes I just want to giv him a hug^^
Last edited by AzNightDreams on Feb 13th, '07, 23:16, edited 1 time in total.

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Feb 13th, '07, 23:15

@AzNightDreams:not EVERYONE lol

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Feb 13th, '07, 23:16

pfft, u guys and hugs. I would go for a KISS lol! LOVE RUI!!

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 13th, '07, 23:17

lol not EVERYONE but b4 I would leave for 2 seconds and there would be 3 pages I have to read lol

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 13th, '07, 23:19

DMPA wrote:pfft, u guys and hugs. I would go for a KISS lol! LOVE RUI!!
I cant reach Rui to giv him a kiss lol
-sighs- the sadness of being short

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Feb 13th, '07, 23:19

lol! yah...i've said alot for today in this discussion, but OH WELL. gunna have to sit and read lol. actually i wunna nap...so if i dun post nothing it means i'm napping!

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Feb 13th, '07, 23:20

lmao! I dun care, pull him down or something, tell him u need to tell him a secret, and when he bends down to listen...well...u kno what i'm getting at lol

nela302

Post by nela302 » Feb 13th, '07, 23:22

lol I dunno I've always liked Rui

I like Tsukasa too but Rui won me over when I was first introduced to him
hi guys . just thought i would pop in . i see u r tallking about rui. oguri was the first japanese boy i fell in love with . :wub: i love him. he's so hot.

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Feb 13th, '07, 23:23

lol! YES!!! Another Oguri Fan!! lol!

nela302

Post by nela302 » Feb 13th, '07, 23:24

yes i'm a fan of oguri. i cannot abandon him. he was my first jboy crush.

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Feb 13th, '07, 23:25

good! so what do u think bout rui and makino?

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 13th, '07, 23:26

Hes very hot indeed^^

He was my first 2
First HYD then Detective Conan and all that ><

DMPA i thought u were napping lol

nela302

Post by nela302 » Feb 13th, '07, 23:28

DMPA wrote
good! so what do u think bout rui and makino?
in the beginig of hyd 1 i wanted rui and makino to end up togehter but it;s sad how they don;t. i haven't watched hyd2 yet. gotta start that this week.

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Feb 13th, '07, 23:29

=O kk. hurry up and watch so we discuss some issues lol

nela302

Post by nela302 » Feb 13th, '07, 23:31

i know i was suppose to have watched it before i came here . but i couldn't help it. i needed to see wut u guys were saying od rui. :wub: i watched half of the first episode.

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Feb 13th, '07, 23:33

lol! can't resist the 'Rui talk' eh lol Well i think hyd2 is good...but i dunno...sometimes SOME of the MAIN actors need to act a bit better...any1 else agrees?

nela302

Post by nela302 » Feb 13th, '07, 23:33

and btw DMPA me and my sis just love that pic of oguri. :D :wub:

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Feb 13th, '07, 23:34

lol! ty. i love it too. i love how he has a sweet earing too...and i's a reflectio too...i just love the pic and the person IN the pic =D

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 13th, '07, 23:34

DMPA wrote:lol! can't resist the 'Rui talk' eh lol Well i think hyd2 is good...but i dunno...sometimes SOME of the MAIN actors need to act a bit better...any1 else agrees?
I agree lol
but 4 some reason I dunt really pay attention lol

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Feb 13th, '07, 23:35

lol. i try not to, but some scenes are just AWFUL! i mean, i dunno if i can do any better, but some of the character's expressions are just poopie lol

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 13th, '07, 23:36

DMPA wrote:lol. i try not to, but some scenes are just AWFUL! i mean, i dunno if i can do any better, but some of the character's expressions are just poopie lol
Can u tell me an example lol

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Feb 13th, '07, 23:39

...if i do many pplz are gunna be like 'WHAT?1?! THAT'S STUPID! U TRY ACTING' kinda thing, but w/e lol. When tsukasa is surprised...such a FAKE reaction and emotion that it's really sad!!

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 13th, '07, 23:42

DMPA wrote:...if i do many pplz are gunna be like 'WHAT?1?! THAT'S STUPID! U TRY ACTING' kinda thing, but w/e lol. When tsukasa is surprised...such a FAKE reaction and emotion that it's really sad!!
no no I havee to agree wif that!
and its just an opinion so whoever says that should just shut it^^

but I have to agree the surprised expressions make me :blink