Goong S / Palace S (MBC, 2007)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Fleet

Post by Fleet » Jan 17th, '07, 21:25

DryRice wrote:im not impressed by the series so far and doesnt give me entertainment factor. well ill continue to watch it and see how it unfolds. Se7en-up acting better improve and be more profound on speech and clarity he sounds quite and not projecting his voice and has slightly husky like a smoker.
Episode 1 i give my results as 6/10
I can't say I'm not impressed but I can't say it sucks either. It just started. Wait till the other episodes come out
Last edited by Fleet on Jan 17th, '07, 21:33, edited 1 time in total.

NADZ

Post by NADZ » Jan 17th, '07, 21:31

he is SUPER cute

LdyPixie

Post by LdyPixie » Jan 18th, '07, 07:08

If this were intended to be a parody, then it would have been more acceptable in my opinion. As a continuation/side story to Goong, I think this is absolutely pathetic. Like the difference between your meal at a Hilton Hotel resturaunt compared to a meal at McDonald's.

As a distinctive and unrelated drama, I'd have to say this is one of the worst I have seen yet. I understand that my sense of humor is derived from having an American heritage. Therefore things that I don't find funny might be hysterical to Koreans. I was highly anticipating Goong 2, so this is like "um...okay...very funny guys..." It's not even satisfying enough to tie me over until Goong 2 is released(if ever).

Out of anything, however, the mismatched thrown together cast brings a tear to my eye.

It'll be interesting to see the viewership ratings.

changyangLUV

Post by changyangLUV » Jan 18th, '07, 07:21

it seems that a lot of people think that Goong S is Goong 2. Goong 2 is going to be (i think) the second Princess Hours with the original characters. Goong S has a different storyline to it, none of Chaegyung and Shin in it whatsoever. Although, i keep on looking for Shin and the grandma queen in it. :D

lastly, i think that the two Goong series shouldn't be compared, you know, at some level because they have two different plots and characters. :-)

PEACE, ALL. :thumright:

helenwang

Post by helenwang » Jan 18th, '07, 14:09

LdyPixie wrote:If this were intended to be a parody, then it would have been more acceptable in my opinion. As a continuation/side story to Goong, I think this is absolutely pathetic. Like the difference between your meal at a Hilton Hotel resturaunt compared to a meal at McDonald's.

As a distinctive and unrelated drama, I'd have to say this is one of the worst I have seen yet. I understand that my sense of humor is derived from having an American heritage. Therefore things that I don't find funny might be hysterical to Koreans. I was highly anticipating Goong 2, so this is like "um...okay...very funny guys..." It's not even satisfying enough to tie me over until Goong 2 is released(if ever).

Out of anything, however, the mismatched thrown together cast brings a tear to my eye.

It'll be interesting to see the viewership ratings.

Hi LdyPixie I absolutely agree to your points of view. They tried and acted too much to make the drama FUNNY. But as a result, the over-exaggerations spoiled everything. :-( :-(
I like Se7en's singing and dancing. Hope that his acting will be better and better as the drama goes on.

Binaa2

Post by Binaa2 » Jan 18th, '07, 14:27

changyangLUV wrote:

lastly, i think that the two Goong series shouldn't be compared, you know, at some level because they have two different plots and characters. :-)

PEACE, ALL. :thumright:
Since it has a similar name and obviously is trying to ride on the "goong(1) wave"
ofcourse they will be compared.

bean

Post by bean » Jan 18th, '07, 15:39

Nvm, i dont care anything , as long as its a nice drama....^.^

But still hope to see joo ji hoon =.=...

portiaisabel

Post by portiaisabel » Jan 18th, '07, 15:50

WESTERNERS can never understand.......................The East.... i mean honestly.... western dramas are boring.............. PEACE ALL

eUxaZnxRo

Post by eUxaZnxRo » Jan 18th, '07, 16:25

portiaisabel wrote:WESTERNERS can never understand.......................The East.... i mean honestly.... western dramas are boring.............. PEACE ALL
i have to agree. the western dramas are dragged out. the asian dramas have a definite beginning and end

freya

Post by freya » Jan 18th, '07, 22:50

I finally watched ep 1 today.... I'm sorry if what I'm going to say has already been said but... I have to ^^'' ( and my english isn't perfect ... I'm french :s Sorry )

They are always saying ' please don't compare goong and Goong S blabla... ' but...seriously ?! How can I not compare ? -__-'''

-> They never explained why there's a monarchy in south Korea... If it was SO different from Goong, we would not have to have watched it to understand... isn't it ?

-> Seriously, the OST sounds SOOO similar !! ... ^^"

-> The teddybear at the end... please... this is sooo Goong... -_-''

and a lot of other details... ^^"
Se7en asks us to not compare those 2 drama, but honestly, I can't ^^"

I really hope this is a parody or something like that... a "funny goong"... Or I don't know .___.''
Ok, it was funny.... but... :-(

Plus, I'm a big fan of Se7en... as a singer and dancer... I don't want him to become an actor from the begining, it's just something more to say " he did the same as Bi " etc...
And why did he have to choose this drama ? T_T

In the end... I know I will watch ep 2... and maybe ep 3 etc... because I want to see cutie-se7en and... because it's funny... but I'm disappointed. Even if CG, Shin and yul ( and all Goong staff ) are not here.. It could have been better.

busyizzy

Post by busyizzy » Jan 18th, '07, 23:06

I saw the first two episodes the week they aired. God, they were pretty bad to watch. It was reaaaally boring, and Seven really can't act very well. It was painfully slow, and my mom fell asleep while she was watching the first episode and I don't think she'll be touching the second episode anytime soon. Me, as a college student on the last week of winter break with nothing better to do, watched the second episode. The pacing was slightly better, but it was still really boring.
The love at first sight thing was cute,but I'm hoping he'd fall for the servant girl, the girl he knew previously
Well, obviously. That's the way the story will work. He will long for the pretty girl with demonstration, but she will, at first, be interested in the other guy who also did the sword demonstration. And the sword guy will like that girl back too, but he will find himself interested more and more in the servant girl. The dancing girl will also find herself more and more drawn to Seven's character. However, soon, Seven and the servant girl, with their various interactions, will find themselves falling for each other, but they both think the other likes the rival girl/boy, so they will push themselves away ... the rivals will also plant themselves between Seven and the servant girl from getting together, thus the problems. In the end, Seven and the servant girl will end up together.

It's ... painfully obvious if you've watched a couple of K-dramas what will happen. Although the reason I still watch is not to find out what happens at the end, but to find out how it happens. The journey is as important as the desination ... but in this case, the journey might be very painful and blah to watch.
Maybe I'm too cynical. I've seen Goong, but I went in without thinking of comparing the two (which I think I managed to do, because while Goong was cute, I didn't think it was that fabulously great so I've managed to keep an unbiased opinion). But blah, ugh, I was definately zoning out during the first two episodes. It's not a cultural difference of eastern and western; I'm Korean and I've watched tons of K-drama, and I thought it was tasteless and boring. And my mom who was BORN in Korea and raised there thought worse of it than me.

I really wanted to give up the series after the first episode. The second episode was a little better, but not enough to redeem the series. My mom however persuaded me that for most series, the first couple episodes tend to be boring, so to bear with it. Although it was much mroe boring than usual ... ~_~ the only thing to keep me watching it is I'm a fan of Seven cuz I think he's quite cute and I like it when he sings and dances, and ... well, hopefully, his acting will improve over time. We'll see I guess....

aimberyo

Post by aimberyo » Jan 19th, '07, 14:20

eUxaZnxRo wrote:
portiaisabel wrote:WESTERNERS can never understand.......................The East.... i mean honestly.... western dramas are boring.............. PEACE ALL
i have to agree. the western dramas are dragged out. the asian dramas have a definite beginning and end
Aren't both of you kind of generalizing? I watch Western and Eastern dramas and both have their fair share of boring dramas.

Personally I didn't think that Goong S is boring, I thought it was a little ridiculous and silly though. But at least it made me laugh.

jie_ahn_eun_28

Post by jie_ahn_eun_28 » Jan 20th, '07, 02:39

hey does anyone knows where i can download goong s episode 1 with english subs?

se7en's gorgeous! i wonder who will he'd end up with in goong s?

is it true yoon eun hye and the rest of princess hours 1 cast will be back for the sequel?

hope somone will answer me.

thanks!

Aja aja fighting!

s2_perfection

Post by s2_perfection » Jan 20th, '07, 04:44

Really like Park Shin-Hye, wanted her to be the main girl in Goong S =)

iLOVEhyunbin

Post by iLOVEhyunbin » Jan 20th, '07, 04:59

s2_perfection wrote:Really like Park Shin-Hye, wanted her to be the main girl in Goong S =)
yuppp totally agree with you . she`s really cute. i mean the servant girl. i dunnoe.. eeek. :crazy: the main character should always be cutee so the drama would be eye catching. i`ve watched episode 1 so far. mmm i lovelovelove se7en but omgoshh .
seya wrote:I finally watched ep 1 today.... I'm sorry if what I'm going to say has already been said but... I have to ^^'' ( and my english isn't perfect ... I'm french :s Sorry )

They are always saying ' please don't compare goong and Goong S blabla... ' but...seriously ?! How can I not compare ? -__-'''

-> They never explained why there's a monarchy in south Korea... If it was SO different from Goong, we would not have to have watched it to understand... isn't it ?

-> Seriously, the OST sounds SOOO similar !! ... ^^"

-> The teddybear at the end... please... this is sooo Goong... -_-''

and a lot of other details... ^^"
Se7en asks us to not compare those 2 drama, but honestly, I can't ^^"

I really hope this is a parody or something like that... a "funny goong"... Or I don't know .___.''
Ok, it was funny.... but... Sad

Plus, I'm a big fan of Se7en... as a singer and dancer... I don't want him to become an actor from the begining, it's just something more to say " he did the same as Bi " etc...
And why did he have to choose this drama ? T_T

In the end... I know I will watch ep 2... and maybe ep 3 etc... because I want to see cutie-se7en and... because it's funny... but I'm disappointed. Even if CG, Shin and yul ( and all Goong staff ) are not here.. It could have been better.
i totally totally agree with you. the bear thing. OMG SOO CUTEE BUT THAT`S GOONG`S LIKE SIGNATURE CUTENESS <33. what does it have to do with goong s? errr got me mad ! like be original . well se7en`s not bad for an actor but i love him as a singer/dancer. soo hot =] & it is funny how in goong s he admires his own beauty =] cause he is sooo damn beautiful :wub: whee love<33

angeizahoy

Post by angeizahoy » Jan 20th, '07, 05:22

the first thing i thought when i watched the first episode of this was "is se7en usually this silly?" it was kinda funny, some of the things he did. i've never watched or heard se7en as a singer and dancer, so this is actually the first time i'm being introduced to him.

the first episode did go slowly, it was kinda painful, haha. i just felt like zoning out some of the times. i think the funniest part of the episode was when they were racing at the docks for territory control of the month. everything else was just like eehhh.. i mean, i know i'll keep watching it, most likely, but i hope it picks up the pace.

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Jan 20th, '07, 21:49

I was totally dissapointed with Goong S1..it bored me to death, but still wanted to finish it because the story got further than the manga.

While watching S1, I didnt even laugh for a second, and I swear the manga was funnier than that or was it because it was bad acting.

Even if this is a special, the story and acting seems to be more interesting than S1. And I did not know that the main guy is Se7en. Heck his acting was less dull than the main guy on last season. In fact he kind of acts cute. :D

angelya

Post by angelya » Jan 21st, '07, 00:54

WAIT. I didn't read the 16 pages because it would be a waste of time.. T_T my friend tells me that goong S doesn't have anything to do with goong. But some people says Goong S is the second season of goong? WAAAAAAAAAh :crazy: :crazy: Please someone explain me xD I'm totally confuse. I also don't want to watch goong S before goong if it's the second season.

Nadil
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Nadil » Jan 21st, '07, 01:08

@angelya
it's not the second season ... and has nothing to do with goong^^ ...(only the palace thing and the royal family ... but it's a complete different story :)
so you can watch it before / after / or at the same time as goong :D

angelya

Post by angelya » Jan 21st, '07, 01:11

ahh ok!! Thanks a lot nadil ^^ weird.. o_o many people says this drama is not good and that se7en isnt good at acting. XD I just can't stop laughing since the begining of the episode.

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Jan 21st, '07, 01:43

THe main girl looks pretty in all in the pictures with her pretty hair, makes her look ugly, but then in the series, somein' wrong with her hair, man it's ugly. i'm so mad! The story is good with seven and all but why can't the main girl be Park Hye Shin insted. :scratch: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

limyenju

Post by limyenju » Jan 21st, '07, 10:08

those who wants chinese subbed

Goong S / Palace S ep 04

can go to

http://clubbox.co.kr/NowNForever

angel84

Post by angel84 » Jan 22nd, '07, 22:41

At first i wasnt too keen on the idea of Wookie acting cuz i wanted him to focus on his singing but sweet Lord...am so friggin loving Wookie and his character now...so goofy and adorable...i havent watched Goong but yea, since am a major major fan of Wookie i had to see dis sitcom...and its really growing on me...i cant wait for weds and thurs dis days...wheee...tho i dont really understand wateverz goin on, their actions will do for the moment...till the subs are available :D...1 2 3 4 5 6 Se7en !!!

MizTsukuura

Post by MizTsukuura » Jan 23rd, '07, 08:49

hhh... so, the lead actor is Se7en?? it means the the tsory wud be him & around him??
i dunno why but i cant say that i'm interested. at least not as much as the 1st one.
why they doesn't make the sequel from the 2st season? i'm sure it'll be more interesting. hehehe.. :whistling:

eUxaZnxRo

Post by eUxaZnxRo » Jan 23rd, '07, 13:31

MizTsukuura wrote:hhh... so, the lead actor is Se7en?? it means the the tsory wud be him & around him??
i dunno why but i cant say that i'm interested. at least not as much as the 1st one.
why they doesn't make the sequel from the 2st season? i'm sure it'll be more interesting. hehehe.. :whistling:
They are working on making a Goong 2 right now. It includes the cast from the original Goong and they are currently working on it (as far as I know). Be patient and it'll come out soon enough :D

Annessa

Post by Annessa » Jan 23rd, '07, 22:11

^ from what i've read, Goong 2 has not been officially confirmed. they are working on it, i'm sure... but nothing is set in stone.

i wouldn't worry so much. due to its popularity, i'm sure a real second season will happen eventually.

StarCrystal

Post by StarCrystal » Jan 24th, '07, 09:23

gummonster wrote:THe main girl looks pretty in all in the pictures with her pretty hair, makes her look ugly, but then in the series, somein' wrong with her hair, man it's ugly. i'm so mad! The story is good with seven and all but why can't the main girl be Park Hye Shin insted. :scratch: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
I don't understand your first sentence.. Stop complaining who should be female lead and blah blah. Everything is already planned and set out. Don't waste your time bashing on Heo Lee Jae.

nghi92

Post by nghi92 » Jan 26th, '07, 12:05

I just finished watching episode 5..... but something is definitely missing!!!!!!

aimberyo

Post by aimberyo » Jan 26th, '07, 17:26

Did anyone else have problems playing episode 2? I have sound but the screen is completely green.

StarCrystal

Post by StarCrystal » Jan 26th, '07, 22:40

^ Try using Gom Player.

YouTube has been deleting Goong S episodes recently (though you can find maybe a handful still public and/or private).

So, let's move on to Veoh~

Episode 1-4 (raw): http://www.veoh.com/videos/v215304ncYXSENP
Episode 1-2 (eng sub): http://www.veoh.com/videos/v215776wz7NGWYc

hLiwOo

Post by hLiwOo » Jan 26th, '07, 23:06

OMG!!!!!!!!!! HE IS SO CUTE IN THERE!!!!!!! I SAW LIKE THE FIRST FIVE MINTUES OF IT ON YOUTUBE.... I HAVE TO SAY HE MATCH BEING CONCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! IT'S SO FUNNY WHEN HE SAYS "iT'S A WASTE TO WITNESS THIS ALONE" I WAS CRACK UP SO BAD I ALMOST BURST OUT AT THE LIBRARY!!!!!!!!!! I DISAGREE WITH THOSE WHO SAID IT WAS BORING...

limyenju

Post by limyenju » Jan 26th, '07, 23:47

ep 6 with chinese subs is being uploaded into

http://clubbox.co.kr/NowNForever

angel84

Post by angel84 » Jan 29th, '07, 23:02

wheeeeeee...omg...Ep 6 was tooooooooooo good...i cant beliv how much i enjoyed watchin it...wookie was amazing *drools*...dat part when da main girl (wats her name?) spills the coffee or watever and wookie takes her to the bathroom...he looked sooooooo manly...my gosh :wub: ...Park shin is a very smart girl...she's like really kissing wookie towards the end...my!she went all the way :mrgreen: ...i'd do the same if i wer her :lol...cant wait for dis week's eps...looks so interesting :cheers:

sigh...i see chinese subs are alrdy out...man! if only i understand chinese :-(

rhiniee

Goong S Ep.3 Eng. Sub

Post by rhiniee » Jan 31st, '07, 23:05

Goong S Ep. 3 Eng Sub

(Credits: WITH S2)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TWO18RBS

sassy-ladee

Post by sassy-ladee » Jan 31st, '07, 23:21

hLiwOo wrote:OMG!!!!!!!!!! HE IS SO CUTE IN THERE!!!!!!! I SAW LIKE THE FIRST FIVE MINTUES OF IT ON YOUTUBE.... I HAVE TO SAY HE MATCH BEING CONCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! IT'S SO FUNNY WHEN HE SAYS "iT'S A WASTE TO WITNESS THIS ALONE" I WAS CRACK UP SO BAD I ALMOST BURST OUT AT THE LIBRARY!!!!!!!!!! I DISAGREE WITH THOSE WHO SAID IT WAS BORING...

i agreed with you..so far i like it...and he does match the conceited type..:D

franchosa

Questions

Post by franchosa » Feb 1st, '07, 06:40

I don't understand a few things about the story.

On episode 3, it was explained that Lee Joon (the other prince vying for the throne) is the grandson of the former royal majesty. Which former royal majesty was it?

My understanding is that Lee Hoo (Se7en's character) is the son of Pye Ha's deceased male cousin. Is this correct?

How exactly are Lee Joon and Lee Hoo related? On episode 3, it was revealed that they share one grandparent.

Vivagirl

Re: Questions

Post by Vivagirl » Feb 2nd, '07, 06:17

franchosa wrote:I don't understand a few things about the story.

On episode 3, it was explained that Lee Joon (the other prince vying for the throne) is the grandson of the former royal majesty. Which former royal majesty was it?

My understanding is that Lee Hoo (Se7en's character) is the son of Pye Ha's deceased male cousin. Is this correct?

How exactly are Lee Joon and Lee Hoo related? On episode 3, it was revealed that they share one grandparent.
if im not wrong, hoo & joon share the same grandfather :-)

sunset4886

Post by sunset4886 » Feb 3rd, '07, 09:38

what player do you use to watch the goong eps with subs? bsplayer is not working for me right now. i've tried downloading GOMplayer but it can't play the episodes there as well. i've also downloaded the KMplayer but the program won't open. any suggestions?

Nina704

Re: “Goong/Palace 2 – Prince House (&#44417; 2)” Cast AR

Post by Nina704 » Feb 3rd, '07, 17:18

Check out BRS Forum.. If u wanna watch Drama / Series online... no download needed!!!

Forum link r on tha banner....

[img]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a307/ ... nner/3.jpg[/img]

StarCrystal

Post by StarCrystal » Feb 3rd, '07, 21:27

sunset4886 wrote:what player do you use to watch the goong eps with subs? bsplayer is not working for me right now. i've tried downloading GOMplayer but it can't play the episodes there as well. i've also downloaded the KMplayer but the program won't open. any suggestions?
Really? @_@;; Wow.

Umm.. try MPlayer: http://mpf.dzm.hu/download.php

sunset4886

Post by sunset4886 » Feb 4th, '07, 04:25

i've downloaded mplayer but its for mac only... please help... i can't watch the goong eps with subs...

StarCrystal

Post by StarCrystal » Feb 4th, '07, 05:21

sunset4886 wrote:i've downloaded mplayer but its for mac only... please help... i can't watch the goong eps with subs...
o-o It works for Windows too.. Or do you mean -you- have a mac?

:[ That's really weird you can't play any of the programs..

Zahra
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Zahra » Feb 4th, '07, 05:33

^ hm if you mean u can't play it on a mac then i understand what you mean.
I can't usually get subs to play on mplayer either...dunno y..hm..maybe settings are wrong.
I would suggest actually using VLC player. It works for me every time

cuteangelika

Post by cuteangelika » Feb 6th, '07, 02:39

I like this much better than the original Goong.. please dont bash me here if you are a Goong (Shin-Chae Gyung) fan...
I'm not sure why but my husband liked this too.. he hated the first one so much that he didnt watch it together with me (usually, we watch k/j/tdramas together).

Anyway, i hope this keeps on getting more interesting! thanks

roon3ynguyen

Post by roon3ynguyen » Feb 6th, '07, 06:00

this dont even look good as goong 1

StarCrystal

Post by StarCrystal » Feb 6th, '07, 15:06

^ You can't make a fair judgement if you haven't seen it. That's like judging a book by it's cover. :[ People had criticisms about Goong too at first.
Last edited by StarCrystal on Feb 7th, '07, 18:39, edited 1 time in total.

xl Linh lx

Post by xl Linh lx » Feb 7th, '07, 04:56

It doesn't appear interesting as the first one true -- but I haven't actually given it a shot. I watched the first ten minutes of Ep.1 and it just didn't do it for me, if anyone catches my drift. I may try it again depending on the reviews or if I get bored enough to give it another shot, but as of now I'm going to leave it out of my Kdrama list -- as much as I love Se7en, I don't want him to be the only reason I'm watching this drama. -____-" Hope to hear some good reviews from other d-addict members on this drama though or even bad ones. ^_____^

changyangLUV

Post by changyangLUV » Feb 7th, '07, 16:37

xl Linh lx wrote:It doesn't appear interesting as the first one true -- but I haven't actually given it a shot. I watched the first ten minutes of Ep.1 and it just didn't do it for me, if anyone catches my drift. I may try it again depending on the reviews or if I get bored enough to give it another shot, but as of now I'm going to leave it out of my Kdrama list -- as much as I love Se7en, I don't want him to be the only reason I'm watching this drama. -____-" Hope to hear some good reviews from other d-addict members on this drama though or even bad ones. ^_____^
actually, when i watched goong, that's what i felt too. that it wasn't interesting. but i kept on watching it out of curiosity on what's going to happen next. then poof! it became on of my faves. haha. goong s is ok. not as good as goong, but i'm going to keep on watching it, to see if goong is really much better. :-)

xl Linh lx

Post by xl Linh lx » Feb 8th, '07, 07:24

Yeah - I hear you, sometimes a drama takes a while to get good. But I don't want to bear with it myself -- I'd rather wait for the reviews. -____-"

xxxlazixxx

Post by xxxlazixxx » Feb 9th, '07, 03:22

at first i though it would ruin goong but actually now dat i watch it, its pretty gud u pl shpould watch it iluve it so far <33333333333

sunset4886

Post by sunset4886 » Feb 10th, '07, 04:42

Goong S - NGs

cronous

where is the palace (goong) first season

Post by cronous » Feb 10th, '07, 06:46

where i can download the first series, i dont find it in here.... :pale:
anybody can answer me :cry:

cafelatte

Re: where is the palace (goong) first season

Post by cafelatte » Feb 10th, '07, 07:55

cronous wrote:where i can download the first series, i dont find it in here.... :pale:
anybody can answer me :cry:

you can watch it in YouTube. the first and second episodes have english subs but the rest of the episodes have no translation yet. still waiting to have english subs tho.

freezspirit

Post by freezspirit » Feb 10th, '07, 17:29

I’ve read some other websites that have information about Goong S which seem to have misleading information so can anyone help me out. If any of the following information true or false,

1. Yang Soon-ee (Huh Lee-Jae) is a fraternal twin

2. Yang Soon-ee and Lee Hoo have some history and are linked together by having the same necklace

StarCrystal

Post by StarCrystal » Feb 11th, '07, 03:02

^ Yeah, before the broadcast they gave like brief descriptions of each characters and the fraternal twin bit was in Soon Ae's description.. ;x So maybe it'll be revealed later on.. but then I heard they've changed the script recently so I dunno.

Soon Ae and Lee Hoo knew each other as kids at school. I don't think they have the same necklace o-o;; But they both have the same bears ;x

I heard Singapore and Taiwan already bought the rights to air Goong S ^^
Does anyone know how long does it take for YA Entertainment to release the DVD set for a recent drama series? @__@ I need to save up..

Wallpapers

[img]http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/2818 ... jh8.th.jpg[/img] [img]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/7638 ... hg6.th.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/8431 ... qu2.th.jpg[/img] [img]http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/8806 ... sd9.th.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/9436 ... lg9.th.jpg[/img] [img]http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/3794 ... ax1.th.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/543/ ... iv8.th.jpg[/img] [img]http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/9798 ... oq7.th.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/8002 ... bj0.th.jpg[/img] [img]http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/6572 ... hd1.th.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/3384 ... 4lc.th.jpg[/img] [img]http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1503 ... 6dq.th.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/8500 ... 8tt.th.jpg[/img] [img]http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/4033 ... 4is.th.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/8292 ... 0pl.th.jpg[/img] [img]http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1599 ... 9jn.th.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/6295 ... 3jq.th.jpg[/img] [img]http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/9329 ... 7rb.th.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/7837 ... 1dk.th.jpg[/img] [img]http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/6756 ... 8ae.th.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/3306 ... 9gj.th.jpg[/img] [img]http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/4638 ... 3lm.th.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/4079 ... 3vt.th.jpg[/img] [img]http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/9595 ... 8qs.th.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/2018 ... ya6.th.jpg[/img] [img]http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/3024 ... uf2.th.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/5769 ... bf1.th.jpg[/img] [img]http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/9408 ... ut1.th.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/5011 ... uu9.th.jpg[/img] [img]http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/1262 ... td4.th.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/3152 ... bf4.th.jpg[/img] [img]http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/9603 ... yp0.th.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/3782 ... pc4.th.jpg[/img] [img]http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/9330 ... mv9.th.jpg[/img]

freezspirit

Post by freezspirit » Feb 14th, '07, 22:23

Ok thanks for the information, StarCrystal.

Does anyone know if its true that they have shorten the series from 20 to 16 episodes?

StarCrystal

Post by StarCrystal » Feb 15th, '07, 09:13

^ Nope! It's definitely 20 episodes :D

Posted February 14, 2007

"Palace S" Crown Prince battle, Se7en's fencing abilities and new hairstyle

[img]http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/5742/k ... ic3.th.jpg[/img]

Se7en finally starts the Crown Prince battle in the second act of the MBC drama "Palace S". His fencing abilities and new hairstyle can also be seen in this new act.

The drama, totaling to 20 episodes, expands more on the battle of who will take the Crown Prince throne. The battle is between the former Chinese restaurant delivery man Hoo (Se7en) and Lee Jun (Kang Du), who everyone recognizes as next in line to the throne.

The battle will involve competition in the literary and martial arts.

"In the 11th episode, viewers will be seeing a lot of action. With the drama's storyline becoming quick, secrets were revealed one after the other from episode 1 to 10. Changes in the drama's style will also be evident in the coming episodes. Moreover, viewers will be able to see Se7en's capability in fencing, martial arts and horseback riding, which even surprised the production staff", expressed by "Palace S" production personnel on February 14, inviting people to look forward to the drama.

Hoo takes on a more determined outlook and new hairstyle (Se7en) while Kang Du, Heo Lee Jae and Park Shin Hye will be seen as more mature in the second act of "Palace S".

Source: newsen
Credit: http://z12.invisionfree.com/Se7enth_Heaven/

StarCrystal

Post by StarCrystal » Feb 18th, '07, 01:55

8D GOONG S FANS! Please post on the MBC board to show your international support!!
http://community.livejournal.com/goongs/14908.html

(You can pass on the link to other Goong S fans too ^^! The more messages, the better~)

goddessrin

Post by goddessrin » Feb 19th, '07, 22:44

Goong S fans! Does anyone have direct downloads available for the raw of episode 6? Unfortunately I can't download the episode from daddicts for some strange reason! So if somebody can make it available for direct download I'll love you forevah!!

Also I wrote a huge rant about the main reason why I like Goong S over Goong http://tryxkittie.livejournal.com/77057.html. Then it turned into a big rant about relationships lol but tell me what you think.

Oh man if I don't see episode 6 I'll convulse...[/url]

StarCrystal

Post by StarCrystal » Feb 21st, '07, 09:26

GOONG S WILL BE AIRING IN L.A.!!!

Preview

Starting on Wed & Thurs (TODAY & TOMORROW) @ 9:50PM!

Don't forget to watch if you have the channel LA18 T__T I wish I lived in LA!

credit: creamysoup @ goong LJ comm

fluid_motion

Post by fluid_motion » Feb 25th, '07, 15:14

Hi, does anybody know where to get the Chinese softsubs?

nixxiedoodlez

Post by nixxiedoodlez » Feb 25th, '07, 15:21

se7en is not an effective actor... though i love him so much i think he needs to improve. his acting is so poor compared to joo ji hoon... they both debuted in goong/goong s... se7en needs to improve a lot!

leikela

Post by leikela » Feb 26th, '07, 21:01

this spin off is getting better and better. :)
i was wondering if anyone knew where i could find this gorgeous necklace shown in episode 8.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/l ... isode8.png[/img]

LuvTvSeries

Post by LuvTvSeries » Feb 26th, '07, 21:13

later, they would probably sell it yesasia.com... but i'm cant guarantee that ..

StarCrystal

Post by StarCrystal » Feb 26th, '07, 23:44

fluid_motion wrote:Hi, does anybody know where to get the Chinese softsubs?

You can try PMing hs00018 ? S/he posted Chinese softsubs from ep 1-7 ;x
leikela wrote:this spin off is getting better and better. :)
i was wondering if anyone knew where i could find this gorgeous necklace shown in episode 8.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/l ... isode8.png
If you know Korean, you can buy it here: http://www.gseshop.co.kr/prd/prd.gs?prdid=2123982

but it's not cheap @__@;

maakopla

Post by maakopla » Feb 28th, '07, 11:49

StarCrystal wrote:GOONG S WILL BE AIRING IN L.A.!!!

Preview

Starting on Wed & Thurs (TODAY & TOMORROW) @ 9:50PM!

Don't forget to watch if you have the channel LA18 T__T I wish I lived in LA!

credit: creamysoup @ goong LJ comm
Really?! Whoa that´s so lucky!

I prefer Goong S over Goong . In Goong actors/actresses were stiff and they couldn´t act very well at least in my opinion. Especially ji hoon, I hated him for being so stiff!

Even if Se7ven is bad at acting some scenes like drunken scenes I think he is way better than ji hoon. And there is even lotsa sparkles in the air. In goong I couldn´t feel any connection between main characters. And it was plain boring too...

I hate it when ppl say "goong S sucks and cast is bad" when they haven´t even seen first episode or any episodes. That´s so childish!

wnndy

Post by wnndy » Feb 28th, '07, 17:59

omg..is goong going to be aired in LA..waaahh
that is GREAAATT

(not that i live in LA) but oke..it's just that... they are airing it in LA

ivanlsm

Post by ivanlsm » Mar 1st, '07, 07:39

Chinese Hardsubbed Batch BT.

GoongS Ep 01-10 Chinese Hardsubbed + OST Complete.torrent (112.35 KB)
http://www.mediafire.com/?bhwwv2dxnz4

GoongS Ep 11-14 Chinese Hardsubbed.torrent (47.96 KB)
http://www.mediafire.com/?fmzooawndzy

Aki Himemiya

Post by Aki Himemiya » Mar 4th, '07, 22:36

I loved the episode 16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *_* *____*

SleepyTiger

Post by SleepyTiger » Mar 8th, '07, 22:13

I adore Goong and was a bit reluctant to watch Goong S. It looked so much like a cheap Idol-drama-spin-off. With Se7en! I thought it'd be very, very bad. But I was pleasantly surprised. Okay, the story went too fast at the beginning, but it settled down a little and Se7en isn't bad at all! And all the other actors are doing a fine job. Except one:

Heo Yi Jae is so stiff and has such a bad timing and...sometimes I thought she should wear her glasses because it takes her so long to recognize the people in front of her. Oh well, it's her first time...maybe she doesn't have enough experience or is just nervous around Se7en or whatever. But man...she gets on my nerves...

Syalala

Post by Syalala » Mar 12th, '07, 13:12

Goong S was a bit draggy at first but as it's getting pretty good now ^^. I much more like it ^^

But, I agree with SleepyTiger,.... Heo Yi Jae's performance is not believable, seems like she cannot express the emotions of her role, especially when she's acting crying she looked rather funny than sad. I've hardly seen her tears dropped. Other actors are good too except that I don't like Lee Joon's (other Prince) looks, I dunno it's just that I've tried to find his best angle but in the end I still think he's not suitable to play a prince. Perhaps because I keep comparing him with the undoubtedly charming prince, Se7en :p

Anone

Post by Anone » Mar 13th, '07, 02:41

Anyone knows where to get the torrent for Palace S ep03 by Sun???
The only version available on d-addicts is 'aLive'.
Currently i'm stuck on ep02 coz this ep03 is missing. Help anyone?
Btw, I'm not using clubbox.

StarCrystal

Post by StarCrystal » Mar 13th, '07, 18:51

^ Can you use Megaupload?
Ep3
part 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y95ZKYWF
part 2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=POOV1VYF
part 3: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PVRA2OEJ
part 4: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RID3H9AX
part 5: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C43WDNPQ

Use HJSplit to merge all the files together.

I like Heo Lee Jae. She already felt bad thinking she was the cause of ratings some weeks ago, which was really not the case. Of course, she maybe not the best at acting since this is her first drama, but I enjoy her chemistry with Se7en.
;x I think she is charming and cute.

freezspirit

Post by freezspirit » Mar 13th, '07, 20:58

SleepyTiger wrote:Heo Yi Jae is so stiff and has such a bad timing and...sometimes I thought she should wear her glasses because it takes her so long to recognize the people in front of her. Oh well, it's her first time...maybe she doesn't have enough experience or is just nervous around Se7en or whatever. But man...she gets on my nerves...
Ok I might of missed something even if this is her first acting job but compared to the rest of the female cast I think shes doing a great job. She doesn't get on my nerves although Park Shin Hye who plays Shin Sae Ryung really does get on my nerves - causing me to fastforward scenes when shes on.

I know I'm going to get alot of bashing for saying this I personally feel the two male actors let the show down not the female leads. Also on that note I think the scripts have let the acting down, its like the scriptwriters didn't get the chance to do several redrafts its as if there was limited time to get it into production. It was a good start then drifted of and now towards the end has become a fast paced storyline.

I don't think its fair to go by a show on it Korean broadcast ratings alone as many have said that many watch it online, not only in Korean but in europe and USA also it didn't helped that the production company had many conflicts/legal problems with the production company of Goong. I think it caused a negative effect to viewers in Korean whereas overseas viewers took the show at fce valve - eg watched a couple of episodes then decided to continue to watch or not. Although saying about poor rating than why is it getting broadcasted in USA this only shows that shame it will will never be broadcast in the UK.

To compare it to Goong, ok both are set in a korean palace, you have royalty and the common people. A big difference I have found is that Goong took on the role of a comedy drama with a few serious moments whereby Goong S is more a 'serious' drama with a few moments of comedy.