[Discussion] Himitsu no Hanazono

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
ladyusagi

Post by ladyusagi » Mar 7th, '07, 03:36

just saw episode 9 and i really changed my opinion of the actor who plays hinata. at first i thought all he could do was pout but this episode really proved me wrong.
i didn't totally get what that girl who has a crush on wataru typed in the bbs but i could tell it was a bitchy thing to do. and from next week's preview i can tell she gets bitchier and more annoying. seriously, what's her deal? she met the man once~! now all of a sudden she loves him and can't stop bothering him? really gets on my nerves
they're really keeping us in suspense about what's behind the door ne

zinaa

Post by zinaa » Mar 7th, '07, 04:11

Oh I really love this drama….

I watched ep8 5 times now……

When it comes to the scene (where Wataru tells her to stop and not to say anything, caz that burden him) my heart just want to cry…

Am waiting for ep 9
Last edited by zinaa on Mar 9th, '07, 07:29, edited 1 time in total.

harukaya

Post by harukaya » Mar 8th, '07, 04:04

ladyusagi wrote:just saw episode 9 and i really changed my opinion of the actor who plays hinata. at first i thought all he could do was pout but this episode really proved me wrong.
i didn't totally get what that girl who has a crush on wataru typed in the bbs but i could tell it was a bitchy thing to do. and from next week's preview i can tell she gets bitchier and more annoying. seriously, what's her deal? she met the man once~! now all of a sudden she loves him and can't stop bothering him? really gets on my nerves
they're really keeping us in suspense about what's behind the door ne
that annoying girl asked about “Kataoka Tohru” on the bbs.
may that was their father who died, also an artist?...

poor Hinata. i can't wait to see the episode next wk with Satoshi putting a move on Kayo!

minerva

Post by minerva » Mar 8th, '07, 05:40

Just watched ep. 9, only can understand very very little.
But the story;s getting better and better! Really love it
Question: What did Kayo said to Hinata when he cried in the temple? And also what exactly the girl do in BBS? What did she posted? And what's the article in the magazine said?

Tanpoporin

Post by Tanpoporin » Mar 8th, '07, 06:34

minerva wrote:Just watched ep. 9, only can understand very very little.
Question: What did Kayo said to Hinata when he cried in the temple? And also what exactly the girl do in BBS? What did she posted? And what's the article in the magazine said?
What Kayo said...
She brought up how you don't have to look like each other or be blood related to be family. She brought up from before when they were looking at her pictures how she didn't look like her parents. Then she talked about he grew up with them, and that the people that you live with, grow up with, love, and eat with are your family. You don't have to be blood related to be family
also-I SOOO wanted Osamu-nii to run up and hug Hinata and yell "DAISUKI!!!"
OMG I was waiting for Satoshi to confess to Kayo >_< can't wait for next week. I could tell, especially when he asked her about Wataru. He knew, so he didn't wanna say anything to her. But I guess something changes his mind?

That Misuzu girl is wacko. She knows something. I think that she does like Wataru, but also was some sort of fan of their father Tohru...the BBS thing totally messed up my mind though. Does that mean that she KNEW about Hinata? I think maybe it is gonna come down to Hinata's father....which for some reason I am thinking will be the yakuza man from the cafe xD

ladyusagi

Post by ladyusagi » Mar 8th, '07, 06:50

ahahaha i'm pretty sure their father
is dead since he was in the hospital in the flashbacks and was older than the man in the restaurant
is the man from t he restaurant a yakuza? hmm, so many little side things. i hope they have a conclusion for everything when the drama ends though. ESPECIALLY tanaka-chan and boss lady's story. ican see the jealousy in his eyes. hehe.

minerva

Post by minerva » Mar 8th, '07, 07:28

Aah, now I see. Thanks a lot for your information, tanpoporin-san.

yes, I really can not wait to see the development between Kayo and other two, can;t wait to see Wataru reaction also. And yes, watching Osami cry makes me sad. He should just talk to Hinata about how much he loves him.

selenity136

Post by selenity136 » Mar 8th, '07, 17:44

Tanpoporin wrote:
minerva wrote:Just watched ep. 9, only can understand very very little.
What Kayo said...
She brought up how you don't have to look like each other or be blood related to be family. She brought up from before when they were looking at her pictures how she didn't look like her parents. Then she talked about he grew up with them, and that the people that you live with, grow up with, love, and eat with are your family. You don't have to be blood related to be family
also-I SOOO wanted Osamu-nii to run up and hug Hinata and yell "DAISUKI!!!"
OMG I was waiting for Satoshi to confess to Kayo >_< can't wait for next week. I could tell, especially when he asked her about Wataru. He knew, so he didn't wanna say anything to her. But I guess something changes his mind?

That Misuzu girl is wacko. She knows something. I think that she does like Wataru, but also was some sort of fan of their father Tohru...the BBS thing totally messed up my mind though. Does that mean that she KNEW about Hinata? I think maybe it is gonna come down to Hinata's father....which for some reason I am thinking will be the yakuza man from the cafe xD
Yeah, Misuzu girl does likes or loves Wataru.
I guess when he rejected her, she got all vicious or something. Though I was watching the preview for episode 10 and Satoshi was saying something in Kayo's ear. All I heard was "I..." but other than that, did anyone catch that?
Episode 9 has got to be the climax of the drama. Truly that has got to be one of the best episodes since you get to see how Kyo's grown into the family, especially's Hinata.

non-angelical

Post by non-angelical » Mar 8th, '07, 18:08

on the preview, I think Satoshi said something like
"..couldn't it be me?.."
to tsukiyama.

I love this episode sooooo much!!
I think this is the best episode so far (though I'm still anxious to get to the next episode) and sad on the same time, because it's coming to an end.

I hope they make a good ending...

selenity136

Post by selenity136 » Mar 8th, '07, 18:17

non-angelical wrote:on the preview, I think Satoshi said something like
"..couldn't it be me?.."
to tsukiyama.

I think this is the best episode so far (though I'm still anxious to get to the next episode) and sad on the same time, because it's coming to an end.

O.O

...Hearing that makes me sad now. I was hoping that Satoshi has a chance, but given to that...
Chances are Tsukiyama won't end up with anyone then unless Wataru has a change of heart, thinks for himself, and accept Kayo. Because it seems to me that Tsukiyama still harbors some feelings for Wataru.

=( Poor Satoshi, doesn't stand a chance...

Mika-chan

Post by Mika-chan » Mar 9th, '07, 02:20

I simply adore this show XD I only started watching on Sunday and watched all 8 episodes straight :lol I just love how all the brothers interact and with Tsukiyama as well :)

Episode 9 is definitely one of my favorites. Hinata's actor did a great job. The whole secret wasn't as shocking, but they did it very well. It was so emotional and touching! I really loved it ^^ And that girl who likes Wataru? She's a little freaky. I have no idea what she is up to. I wonder if she's stirring up trouble just because she was flatly rejected by Wataru??

In any case, I can't wait to see the next episode ^_^
non-angelical wrote:on the preview, I think Satoshi said something like
"..couldn't it be me?.."
to tsukiyama.

Ooo actually I believe Satoshi said
"Am I not good enough?"
which is equally as sad :cry: Ah, Satoshi :-(

aero love

Post by aero love » Mar 9th, '07, 04:46

episode 9 was GREAT! though that misuzu girl is getting on my nerves LOL.

i'm surprised that the secret's secret isn't out yet!

ladyusagi

Post by ladyusagi » Mar 9th, '07, 04:52

i remember in a previous episode that girl that likes wataru said to hinata
i just want him to go back to where he belongs. who is she to decide that he's not doing what he needs to in his life?!
this series is 11 episodes right? i think wataru will start accepting tsukiyama. at least i hope. i mean, i'm pretty sure we're not gonna get the ending of wataru professing his love to tsukiyama and they kiss. that would be nice though!

i was watching ep 9 and noticed in the last scene with hinata that his wrists are so thin!! HE'S so thin!

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Mar 9th, '07, 05:21

so now, the secret reason for the Hanazono secret is found out. Now on to the next layer. The secret reason for keeping the secret reason of the Hanazono secret secret :lol

non-angelical

Post by non-angelical » Mar 9th, '07, 09:01

Mika-chan wrote: Ooo actually I believe Satoshi said
"Am I not good enough?"
which is equally as sad :cry: Ah, Satoshi :-(
Oooppss... yeah, i mean that. My bad :P

I love this drama and happy that more and more people come to like it. Too bad I could not help to improve the rating :|

zoreo09

Post by zoreo09 » Mar 9th, '07, 13:45

Hi! I LOVE this drama. I decided to watch it pretty recently because I kept having anxiety attacks while waiting for HYD2. :DDD
Anyway, my friend wants to watch it and she can only use hardsubs...anyone know where I can find 'em? Thanks!!!

meagermiser5

Post by meagermiser5 » Mar 9th, '07, 15:58

^ Sorry, I don't know where you can get hardsubs, but how 'bout you suggest to your friend installing vobsub?

babycurious

Post by babycurious » Mar 11th, '07, 22:16

I'm a fan of osamu...... yay!

actually all of those 4 brothers have unique characters....even unique appearance
first I watched this dorama as a sideshow while i'm waiting for HYD2
but then this show is getting better, while HYD getting boring...

anyway. who's the guy that always come to the dining place? he read comics, and caary a gun too....
He always appears shortly in every episodes...........

Pandemonium

Post by Pandemonium » Mar 12th, '07, 04:28

this drama is pretty funny and touching at times.
chou chou chou suki.

gs56cb

Post by gs56cb » Mar 13th, '07, 18:06

meagermiser5 wrote:^ Sorry, I don't know where you can get hardsubs, but how 'bout you suggest to your friend installing vobsub?

Or install GOM player, you don't need vobsub, because the player reads subtitles.

:whistling: Click Here

zoreo09

Post by zoreo09 » Mar 13th, '07, 22:50

Ahh thanks!

ladyusagi

Post by ladyusagi » Mar 14th, '07, 05:42

just saw episode 10 and i think they're doing a good job wrapping up the relationships. ichiro is soo manly in the omiai scene! and wataru and tsukiyama are so happy in the beginning of the episode, you can't help but smile.
that girl is getting out of hand. ok, so the man you like rejects you so the thing you come up with to win his heart is to damage his youngest brother. nice plan somebody really needs to slap her in the next episode
she's a stalker for sure

minerva

Post by minerva » Mar 14th, '07, 08:31

hua..... spoilers!!! I need more spoiler (since I have to wait qute a time for downloading the video).
So, is there something going on between Tsukiyama and Wataru?

non-angelical

Post by non-angelical » Mar 14th, '07, 08:41

From the official website, story for episode 11, I don't put it under a spoiler box since I thought most people don't understand Japanese anyway. But if anybody does, care to translate??

自分の本当の父親が描いた絵を、航(堺雅人)、修(池田鉄洋)、智(要潤)の父親が盗作していたと知った陽(本郷奏多)は、家をとび出す。  

その後、陽の行方を探しあてたものの、もう一度勉強したいという陽の思いを受け、兄弟たちもそれぞれの道を歩くべきだと考えた航は、「花園ゆり子は解散する」と宣言。夏世は、一抹の寂しさを感じながらも、兄弟たちの気持ちを尊重し、前向きに応援しようと心に決める。  

兄弟たちは夏世と航の気持ちをはっきりさせようとある作戦を思いつく。そんな中、修は美那絵(滝沢沙織)にフラれたショックでイラストのイメージがわかず、最終回が描けないと、夏世(釈由美子)に泣きつく。

そこへ、航が帰宅すると・・・。

And pictures (not big enough though)...

ittiou

Post by ittiou » Mar 14th, '07, 17:43

Asdfkl;jasdkljf.
Question based upon the second picture:
Are Wataru and Tsukiyama gonna get married?!

zoreo09

Post by zoreo09 » Mar 14th, '07, 19:17

Yeah I was wondering the same thing...

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Mar 14th, '07, 20:32

The way the four brothers are acting, it look like they might needed to see a wedding dress on her for the manga. Or maybe just a prank like the 1 episode.

harukaya

Post by harukaya » Mar 15th, '07, 04:59

in the preview Kayo said “I love…Hanazono Yuriko!” so I get the feeling she may not end up with anyone

harukaya

Post by harukaya » Mar 15th, '07, 05:10

so here's what i understood from the preview:
Tsukiyama finally gets into the room, Wataru reveals Hanazono Yuriko's real secret - the plagiarism...after Hinata discovered that Wataru's father plagiarized from his REAL father, he got all upset and runs away; when Tanaka and others found him, he declares Hanazono Yuriko is breaking up; meanwhile the 2 brothers try to look for Hinata and Wataru considers whether he should let Hinata go and live his own life now...

Tanpoporin

Post by Tanpoporin » Mar 15th, '07, 22:12

ladyusagi wrote:just saw episode 10 and i think they're doing a good job wrapping up the relationships. ichiro is soo manly in the omiai scene! and wataru and tsukiyama are so happy in the beginning of the episode, you can't help but smile.
OMG that was SOOOOOOOO cute! I knew he was gonna do something though when he left like that. Everyone else did too. hahahah But yeah, it was like some old yakuza movie or somethin' with him barging in there and taking her away.

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Mar 17th, '07, 05:19

Oh I can not wait to see this episode! I have the episode 10 but I am waiting for the subs before watching it. I really like this show! Sorry that is is about to end because I am having a lot of fun with it!

zoreo09

Post by zoreo09 » Mar 18th, '07, 13:05

MitsukaiKuroi wrote:Oh I can not wait to see this episode! I have the episode 10 but I am waiting for the subs before watching it. I really like this show! Sorry that is is about to end because I am having a lot of fun with it!
Yeah I really want to watch it too, but I've been waiting for ep10 subs. ARGH! Can't wait much longer!!! At least I had the HYD2 finale to keep me calm.

minerva

Post by minerva » Mar 20th, '07, 13:20

so tonight will have the last episode right?
wonder what it'll be...

how they cope with the fact about their father..
and how will be the end of kayo and wataru's relationship...

Tanpoporin

Post by Tanpoporin » Mar 21st, '07, 22:55

I just finished the last episode. It was really good. Everything wrapped up very well. The best thing for me was that the theme song that was used finally made sense as to why they used it. It was totally good though. Not as f-ing sick and awesome as the HANADAN2 ending, but good nonetheless. :wub: :wub:

ladyusagi

Post by ladyusagi » Mar 21st, '07, 22:56

ah it's a happy ending and we got a hug out of the couple!! yay!!

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Mar 22nd, '07, 14:30

Just watched first ep, was funny :D

malljclay

Post by malljclay » Mar 24th, '07, 01:33

Aw I love this series!

loveWG

Post by loveWG » Mar 24th, '07, 16:34

Oh wow, I'm really enjoying this!
I'm about to watch the last 3 episodes.

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Mar 24th, '07, 19:41

I was right about the wedding dress. But I was happy that Wataru did confess about his feeling, well his result better than Osamu.

MoonKnight

Post by MoonKnight » Mar 25th, '07, 10:23

I wish the detective was fleshed out more. I don't know why, but I found him really cool.

I'm really happy with how the drama ended, though. I'm usually a little disappointed with most endings, but I felt satisfied after this. It really felt concluded.

gs56cb

hey

Post by gs56cb » Mar 27th, '07, 23:02

Compared to other dramas that I've watched before, this ending is one of the best.
First off, many people will say that Tsukiyama didn't confess, but it seemed like she said 'I love you Osamu and I want to stay with you forever' when she said ' Please let me decide my life as an editor of Hanazono Yuriko'. :O We all know she really meant, or maybe it's just me. lol. :wub: I love what they did with that mysterious guy. You would think that he was dead and got killed as a Yakuza. However, he was just the guy who worked with the late husband and he is a police officer. That was a good twist. :whistling: What else did I like?... Hmmm, I just like the fact that everyone finally got separated and decided to have their own lives. It was pretty sad that they were together all the time, depending on each other, when they wanted to do things they thought they shouldn't. :pale:

I will definitely recommend this drama to anyone. :D Actually , I somewhat like this drama more than HYD2, though HYD2's ending was crazy (you should watch it really lol). :alcoholic: This is definitely a great ending for a great drama. Thanks dancestar24 for subbing this stuff. :cheers:

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Mar 30th, '07, 17:26

Finally finished watching the finale of this dorama. Nice ending, nicely wrapped up :-)....

yumiryuiko

Post by yumiryuiko » Apr 6th, '07, 04:46

Himitsu no Hanazono is the most Funniest Jp drama i ever watched! >w<

anyways can anyone translate their talk in the Episode 5,the last part where they were advertising Baby Don't Cry CD...??!

Moondy

Post by Moondy » Jun 17th, '07, 15:41

It's interesting

flaming turkey

Post by flaming turkey » Sep 17th, '07, 03:23

I found this drama at a random asian entertainment store, and the lady recommended it to me, but I decided on Anna no Omame (sp?). I don't know if I should've picked this one up instead.

So, for those who've seen it:

On a comedic level from 1-10, how funny is it?
On a romantic level (if applicable), how romantic is it?
On a satisfaction level, how does it fare overall?

I liked romance comedies such as Love Revolution (LOVED IT), Oishii Proposal, Attention Please, Nodame Cantabile...etc, so is it anything like the listed or is it in a different league?

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jan 3rd, '08, 13:07

can anyone please please please provide my with a direct download for episode 7 of this drama?

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jan 11th, '08, 10:48

dont worry i found it but thatnk for eneryones help ^_^

i must say i love all the characters in the drama
but the actress im most impressed with has to be Maya Miki
she plays her character brilliantly!

noinimod

Post by noinimod » Jan 12th, '08, 13:44

Can someone seed the 1280x720 version please!!!
Stuck at 99.9%! Will help to seed for a few more days..
Appreciate it

neuhikari

Post by neuhikari » May 4th, '08, 15:14

I really love this jdrama the plot is interesting and I think the story is original I mean it's not a manga adaptation. But I really like it especially the four brothers :wub:

rairai

Post by rairai » May 12th, '08, 01:39

wasnt happy with the ending.. :(
i prefer her with satoshi than wataru!! he's cuter!
[/spoiler]

boxxx

Post by boxxx » May 14th, '08, 07:20

I have to disagree with you on pairing choice...
I think that while Satoshi may be a good match for her, in the end I think they were trying to portray his character as a playboy...I haven't seen this show in a while but I'm pretty sure that he was just acting like he was in love with her because he was tired of seeing them hide their feelings for each other/ he wanted his brother to accept the feelings he was having/ wanted to see his brother happy, etc...kind of like Oguri Shun's character Hanazawa Rui in Hana Yori Dango season 1. Not season 2. If you've seen this drama you'll understand why.

rairai

Post by rairai » May 14th, '08, 08:41

yea iv watched it, and i think i understand what u mean.. i just though that satoshi is more goodlooking than wataru..thats why id want him as her partner.. :D (pretty shallow reason.. haha)