STAY AWAY
2%

Total votes: 858

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Full House (KBS2, 2004)

Post by puccakiss79 » Nov 5th, '04, 23:42

Now that you know what I think, I'd like to know what you think :)

Put spoilers in quote boxes please

Put them in quote tags, between these two tags and their closing tags -----> {quote="Spoiler"}{color=white}{/color} {/quote} but replace {} w/ [ ] , whether you keep out the "Spoiler" part is up to you, just as long as we can't see it, and it doesn't blind us. Thanks
Spoiler wrote:Something I didn't add in my review because I wasn't sure how to work it in was the relationships in Full House. I think the part that hurt me the most was when the Young-jae's parents and grandmother found out about the contract marriage. The father, mother and grandmother had each fallen in love with Ji-eun for different reasons that may have overlapped in some areas, but they each had a unique relationship with her, it was truely like a family. And I definitely felt the pain of fighting amongst family memebers, one of the biggest sorrows in the world IMO. There are other relationships that are established that although seem to be hindered come out well in the end, the relationship between Hye-won and Ji-eun, Hye-won and Min-hyuk, even Ji-eun and her friends. That's a great reason for the drama being a must see, the ending instills hope that these characters will remain happy even after the drama finishes...something i didn't want to spoil in the review ^___^
Review

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Nov 6th, '04, 06:01

Spoiler wrote:I agree with you about the fighting amongst family members. I could really feel Ji-eun's pain during that part when Young-jae's family found about about the contract marriage & rejected her. After all, she had no family of her own & was so happy to find a family in them, thus it was all the more painful when it happened.

But I think Young-jae's parents & grandmother were kinda jumping to conclusions about Ji-eun. I mean, they believed what the reporter said about Ji-eun supposedly marrying Young-jae for money, and didn't give them a chance to explain the situation. Granted their feelings were hurt as they were fooled into believing that the marriage was a real one, but taking at face value what the reporter told Young-jae's father was too rash.
Anyway, I voted Full House as a 'must see'. I was really satisfied with the ending. :wub:

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Nov 6th, '04, 06:07

this is a must see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the comic relief from this romantic comedy will have u rolling around in laughter....

stress with work? twisting and turning around in bed because of insomnia? studying for an exam but need a break? heartbroken or you're just down with the blues?

tada~ FULL HOUSE!!!!!! :lol

"aja aja, fighting!" han ji-eun (Full House)

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Nov 7th, '04, 09:19

I voted for life-altering, not that it altered my life in a dramatic way...but some drama, u watch and forget...but full house, it left a permanent thumbprint on the entertainment portion of my heart...
This is one of the sweetest drama I watched, ok, let me rephrase that, this is the sweetest drama I watched and it currently sits on my number 1 spot among all the videos i've seen in my life...
I know if u analyze the plot, script, etc., u'll see some repititions and flaws...but i wanna ignore all the technicalities...because if u enjoyed and loved it, that's wat really matters...there are other dramas/movies which are so beautifully done but after 20 hours of staying with its story, it betrays u, and leave u feeling so awful in the end...
but full house, it brings the it-factor every episode...and u can bet ur money on it, that it will entertain u till the end...
Also, the actors are included in the charm of this series...I cant see anybody playing Ji-eun and YoungJae except for Bi and SHK...I can just mentally picture them when they get into those mumbling-verbal wars, :lol You'll love them both not just one for his/her "cuteness". So when u think "Full House" it's going to be Bi and SHK, and I think that's wat chemistry-between-the-main-characters is all about. I as an audience would wish that they could be together for real :wub:
I think everybody should see full house-old and young, men and women, married, single or divorcee...they'll all go "aja aja fighting" after watching it :mrgreen:

I'm so in love with this drama, I wish I could put it inside my pocket so I can reach for it whenever I want to :)

blue_chocobo

Post by blue_chocobo » Nov 7th, '04, 11:49

I voted life altering. I usually don't get attached to shows or movies but this drama defiantly stuck to me. I acutally lost sleep because of this drama. The characters where so well acted. It was funny, sad, suspenseful, but most importantly; memorable. The music, even when played over and over again, maintained its added dramatic effects with every scene.

This is defiantly the best drama that I’ve ever seen. It is, IMO, incomparable to any other series is any other language.

purple^season

Post by purple^season » Nov 7th, '04, 12:06

haha.. I also voted life-altering since I lost lotsa sleep and really... I can even smile when I remember some of the scenes.. :lol
I'm so crazy about this drama that I would browse about shk or bi or FH till 6 in the morning and read its episode synopsis over and over and over again...
I even found this thai website (which I don't understand at all) that has the complete episode but displayed in a very low quality that I'd have to watch it on a very very small window (and I still can't even see bi or shk faces).. haha.. just because I'm so impatient..
(though zdoon uploaded a new ep. every day...) :P
This kdrama is THAT good...

krys

Post by krys » Nov 7th, '04, 13:25

Funny beginning, draggy middle, cheesy ending.

The very first impression is that those 16 episodes could be easily compressed to 10 with no loss for a viewer. The series would be even better then. It is apparent koreans can not came up with sufficient number of ideas to fill that vast running time (16 eps x 60 min). Thanks to that, shortage of acting abilities of the main actors has been revealed mercilessly. This applies to comedies, as in melodrama they always may make someone to have a cancer or else, and eye drops are cheap.

So in short it is all about nice bodies
(Han Eun-jung, i am always ready to see more of your cleavage http://english.tour2korea.com/02Culture ... &kosm=m2_6),
pretty faces (although thick make-up drastically lessens the impact {yes, talking about you, Song Hye-kyo - http://english.tour2korea.com/02Culture ... &kosm=m2_5,
http://hyekyo.yeonyoung.com/}) and a few recurring jokes.

The series is somewhat similar to 'Sweet 18'.

To conclude, although some koran movies fit my taste, it is still long way for series, still need to wait some more time for a good korean romantic comedy series to appear.

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Nov 7th, '04, 20:22

jaycee05 wrote:I voted for life-altering, not that it altered my life in a dramatic way...but some drama, u watch and forget...but full house, it left a permanent thumbprint on the entertainment portion of my heart...
This is one of the sweetest drama I watched, ok, let me rephrase that, this is the sweetest drama I watched and it currently sits on my number 1 spot among all the videos i've seen in my life...
I know if u analyze the plot, script, etc., u'll see some repititions and flaws...but i wanna ignore all the technicalities...because if u enjoyed and loved it, that's wat really matters...there are other dramas/movies which are so beautifully done but after 20 hours of staying with its story, it betrays u, and leave u feeling so awful in the end...
but full house, it brings the it-factor every episode...and u can bet ur money on it, that it will entertain u till the end...
Also, the actors are included in the charm of this series...I cant see anybody playing Ji-eun and YoungJae except for Bi and SHK...I can just mentally picture them when they get into those mumbling-verbal wars, :lol You'll love them both not just one for his/her "cuteness". So when u think "Full House" it's going to be Bi and SHK, and I think that's wat chemistry-between-the-main-characters is all about. I as an audience would wish that they could be together for real :wub:
I think everybody should see full house-old and young, men and women, married, single or divorcee...they'll all go "aja aja fighting" after watching it :mrgreen:

I'm so in love with this drama, I wish I could put it inside my pocket so I can reach for it whenever I want to :)
I agree 100% :)

Personally, I'm suprised by SHK's performance. I didn't think she'd be able to pull off a comical role, definitely didn't expect it; and I'm sure I wasn't the only one who thought that she and Bi would make for an odd couple -- but they don't! They're geat together, they look good together, romantically and comically, they rapport incredibly well with each other. :lol

Full House is one of the most fully produced shows I've seen with one of the most well-resolved endings. The final episode is a true coda to the story. What can I say? I loved the Karaoke scene, the barbeque lunch scene, and the last stretch of flashbacks was more than welcome. Every joke is memorable- they have identity. And if the jokes recur throughout the series, they are not merely repetitious: The circumstances around them change; the show, the characters, their relationships, all move in a definite progression; each of the relationships and their backgrounds are developed well and resolved well. This is much more than I can say for other shows I've watched. I also like how there are no real manipulative characters in Full House. Hye-won turns out to be a genuinely pitiable character (I could truly sympathize with the feelings she was going through in some of the episodes), and I was glad to see that Full House didn't take her in the direction of evil-girl cliché... well at least, relatively speaking they didn't, right? :P

And what about Bi? Sangdoo wasn't impressive to me and I only minimally enjoyed it. Bi was "ok" there. In Full House, however, he owns the set in terms of acting. Every facial expression, every minute detail of demeanor, I thought, synced extremely well with the story and situations. I am totally impressed by his performance.

If I had to criticize the show, I'd say it could have been an episode shorter... though I'm not too sure about this. How does a story exposition elements relating to Young-jae's career, his background and relationship with Hye-won, her relationship with Min-hyuk, their relationships with Ji-eun and else, and close all of that out, without being cursory about it or without losing its sentimental and comical value? 16 episodes just might be the magic number. Criticizing otherwise, there is that fashion thing... It's easy to be patient with it actually, but I have to admit they made for a mixed eye-sore.

Anyway... my tedious review and yada yada aside, Full House, in my opinion, is a must-see rom-com, far better acted and written and funnier than the average K-series. And it finishes strong. I voted "life altering," btw, though of course it's not really life-altering. But, as some posters have expressed, it will be difficult to enjoy other shows after it. That says a lot about the quality of the show and, surely, we're not newbies. We're seasoned drama addicts, by now we've watched many series (and movies, and anime) from many countries.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Nov 8th, '04, 02:00

Kinda agree with krys on this one (thats a first) kdrama have a tendency to drag out the ending and start recycling the same old thing during the last 4 or 5 episodes. I think it would of made a much better 11 episode format like jdramas but I'm not complaining too much because at least I get to watch SHK for longer :P

I did like the fact that they didn't had to resort to a really evil character to play up the drama, generally nobody really resort to low down dirty tatics to get what they want although SHK "chingu" kinda annoys me but they weren't evil just stupid. Btw why didn't they make her friend appear more er pregant? Her tummy was flat all the way through and it must of been months during the show's timeframe? Lazy director :glare:

Overall though the show gets a big :thumleft: from me.

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Nov 8th, '04, 02:41

I'm curious, how would the show work at 10 or 11 episodes? That'd be "cliff notes" Full House at best, as far as I'm concerned. :) Something substantial would be taken away, the comic bits that ultimately add to the relationships or, else, something relating to the conclusions among the characters in the show. I noticed in Full House none of the episodes are merely "thrown up" together and are neccesary in some way to the plot or-- ultimately, to the special sentimentality of the plot or the final episode. The show is particularly cumulative. In addition, references are made to prior episodes and wouldn't work without them; there are parrallels that occur: Young-jae kicks out Ji-eun, Ji-eun kicks out Young-jae, etc. (there are more meaningful and subtle examples, I'm sure, but I can't think of them, right now. :P ). In my opinion, this show can't be reduced to 11 (or 10!) episodes without botching up some of its narrative intelligence or humor. Though I can imagine FH at 14 or 15 episodes, maybe.

But, yeah, I agree about Hee-jin. If she was pregnant then she ultimately gave birth to a 2 pound baby. :lol:

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Nov 8th, '04, 03:23

Well I just think some of the ideas were overused, they argue and fight, one leaves and comes back..and leaves and comes back...and leaves..etc The do the cleaing and make me food thing is also used soo much, its perfectly fine for the beginning and even the middle but by the end I would of expected the writers to mature the characters out of that phase since they've been living together for a while now.

It was stil good but I thought it could be a tigher story if they didn't rehash the same gag all the time.

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Nov 8th, '04, 03:31

Ruroshin wrote:Well I just think some of the ideas were overused, they argue and fight, one leaves and comes back..and leaves and comes back...and leaves..etc The do the cleaing and make me food thing is also used soo much, its perfectly fine for the beginning and even the middle but by the end I would of expected the writers to mature the characters out of that phase since they've been living together for a while now.
That's fair enough but I'd like to think of that as iteration. When they argue, or when someone leaves, something is different about it and it's kind of showing some kind of progression- though, I can perfectly relate to anyone who'd say it's overused or gets tiring or gets old. (I think there are maybe 3 aja aja fightings too many to be quite honest!). So, I'd clip out one or two instances of a fight or whatever but that definitely wouldn't amount to taking out a third of the series. :)

sweetie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by sweetie » Nov 8th, '04, 08:08

i don't think it's life-altering..but defnitely a must-watch!!

Tekuza

Post by Tekuza » Nov 8th, '04, 22:07

Great series since it stars Bi & Song Hye Kyo :wub: :wub: :wub: (who i'm currently in love with) and this is a funny story that will make you smile when your down expected something maybe a sad story like in sang doo again but it ok really enjoyed it

ericf
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ericf » Nov 8th, '04, 22:27

I really liked Full House.
But yes, there were too many repetitions. The growth of the characters (especially Bi's character) kept getting thrown back to the beginning of the series. We do see his change between fights but when they are fighting nothing has changed from the start of the relationship. That's what I feel, though.

I think that the nicest korean drama that I have seen as yet is My Love Pazzi. It does have some really dislikable characters but it doesn't feel repetitive at all and it makes me feel good. I liked Attic Cat as well, but the music was used to death ( same tune over and over again ) and the guy didn't change his behaviour at all during the series. He was just as irresponsible at the beginning as at the end. Nice over all, though. I wonder what will happen to The_Nine-tailed_Fox_-_A_Supplementary_Tale. The 3 episodes I have seen makes me really want to see more. Does anyone know if it's still airing or if it might be released on DVD any time soon? Hopefully with english subtitles.

Enjoy Full Fouse.
ericf

TuyetXTinh

Post by TuyetXTinh » Nov 10th, '04, 08:03

I'll go for life-alter since my mood some time depend on when zdoon release the movie kekekekekeeee.... but now that I finish it ... I still go back to watch it when am bored or sad ..... and definitely I still laugh like when i first watch it.

SHK friend tummy would probably cary a 0.5 lb baby man !!! I think a lot of people realize that too ..... :lol but duno why the baby looks pretty big at the end.... :lol Second things is how can those 2 friend sold her house without her consent when the house is under her names .... that's pretty weird isn't it??? but WHO CAREs........ this series still alter my life afterall...... 8)

JCrewz

Post by JCrewz » Nov 12th, '04, 23:14

I voted life altering and I hope they produce second series of Full House (Full House 2).. :D

wei_c

Post by wei_c » Nov 19th, '04, 04:14

another wonderful drama...it's always so hilarious when they fight and make faces at each other...you'll be sure to laugh when you watch this series.

kyootiebutt

Post by kyootiebutt » Nov 19th, '04, 07:51

I think that the repitions are necessary in this drama. It shows that no matter how many times they try to leave each other, they cant. b/c they were still in the process of wondering why they cant live together yet they can live without each other. that way their love progresses. and the fighting is a very important part of their relationship. its a love hate relationship. both are very strong. They cant stand each other, but the fact that they cant stand each other is what really brings them together. neither can display affection, so its kind of like "their" way of communicating. even in the end they still argue, b/c thats just who they are. and they've learned to accept each other that way. that much portrays how strong their love is.
I love this drama! I'd have to say that its one of the best ones i've seen. its definitely a romantic comedy, the best one in kdrama! its a break from all the crying and life threating dramas out there. someone is always dying or something. well...this is a sure laugh, and a tad bit of a tear at one occasion. but you'll have to find that our yourself. hehehe...

kyootiebutt

Post by kyootiebutt » Nov 19th, '04, 07:54

oh yea, tuyetxtinh. now that you mentioned it. umm...that was really weird how her friends stomach stayed the same size throughout the movie, and then in the end came up with a baby. and the financial thing was very unbelievable. but likewise, the drama is still very good. heheh..

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Nov 19th, '04, 08:20

Hmm... voted "must see". I admit, at first it was for the adorable Miss SHK. Damn, she has the most beautiful eyes, lips, and after seeing her in 3 other dramas, I discovered that she has a nice body to match!! (didn't realize she was so short, but hey, I like short girls!!!)

Bi I have a hard time warming up to as an actor, but I've liked all the dramas he's been in, so what can I say? After I was able to stop salivating over his gorgeous costar and just watch, I found the story to be a very nice one. The fight scenes got a bit repetitive, but I like a good drama/comedy getting stretched out a bit, so that's ok. Seems to be working for Phoenix, albeit in a different way. You pretty much could figure out where this one was going to go fairly early, but this is a drama you enjoy for the ride, not just the destination. It was funny, with several heart-felt moments. A light-hearted little fluff piece that gave me a new appreciation for my favorite K-actress.

Now if I could just get that damn 3 bears song out of my head!!!!!! :D

.zeejay.

[x_____full.house_____x]

Post by .zeejay. » Nov 22nd, '04, 07:37

full house rockx! it`s a must see show =)
i wanna watch it again..and again hahaX :P

myunus

Post by myunus » Nov 22nd, '04, 18:48

see it... :D :D

pankanshe

Post by pankanshe » Nov 23rd, '04, 19:25

You get to see Song Hye Kyo with lots of make up. That's the first time I've seen her with that much make up and damn.... SHK looked insanely hot. :wub:

simply_dreaming

Post by simply_dreaming » Nov 25th, '04, 22:25

i realli loved full house. this was like the first k-drama i watched that gave me a realli good laugh and bi & song hye gyo is jus so cute ! before i watched this drama i don't know if it was good or not and unsure about the actors and actresses but after watching it... the experience it gave me is amazing! i plan to buy the dvd, when it comes out in yesasia i think it was said to come out in 11/30

Lhurgoyf

Post by Lhurgoyf » Nov 27th, '04, 21:59

So much good reviews on this show... The poll result clearly indicates "a must see", so this will be my first introduction to kdrama... Hope, this will be as good as korean movies, which i love so much :wub:

Jen_a2

Post by Jen_a2 » Nov 28th, '04, 03:13

hi ! I haven't seen that film , so I don't know how to vote for this .... Is it from "Full House" picture book ?

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by puccakiss79 » Nov 29th, '04, 19:08

Jen_a2 wrote:hi ! I haven't seen that film , so I don't know how to vote for this .... Is it from "Full House" picture book ?
yes it is.

apples

Post by apples » Dec 2nd, '04, 13:16

i love this drama! not only were they funny, but they make your heart wrench when their eyes get all watery. well, at least that what i felt. even now, when i listen to the ending song i can feel the pain (so many episode endings with breakups right? but it seems new to me each time).

at first i thought young-jae was dislikable since he was such a jerk towards ji-eun. but as the drama progressed, he became more adorable..esp when he acts like a little kid.

i liked every character and the cast who played them.

Full House is a MUST watch drama.

enigma88

Full House drama versus original Manhwa story

Post by enigma88 » Dec 3rd, '04, 19:40

I'm not sure if everyone knows but the original story is korean manhwa by...??? forgot authors name...but I actually own all the Full House manhwa books (at my parents house now)...but the drama falls very very short of meeting the expectations of those who fell in love with the manhwa version.

differences:

in the manhwa the dialogues between the two main characters are extremely witty...and i mean WITTY....it really makes you go through a roller coaster ride....it was the strongest point in the story....strong personalities...

but in the drama the korean dialogue is sooooo weak. (I'm korean so I know~). they resorted to cute facial expressions and bits and pieces of wining. and the character of SHK comes off as sort of ditzy whereas in the manhwa she is very smart.

well there were of course a lot of changes...but those are forgivable when adapting it to screen. by biggest thing was the script. this drama had very weak script.
its not to say the drama sucked....after all I watched every episode. but I recommend the manhwa...it was a big hit.

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: Full House drama versus original Manhwa story

Post by jaycee05 » Dec 4th, '04, 10:22

enigma88 wrote:I'm not sure if everyone knows but the original story is korean manhwa by...??? forgot authors name...but I actually own all the Full House manhwa books (at my parents house now)...but the drama falls very very short of meeting the expectations of those who fell in love with the manhwa version.

differences:

in the manhwa the dialogues between the two main characters are extremely witty...and i mean WITTY....it really makes you go through a roller coaster ride....it was the strongest point in the story....strong personalities...

but in the drama the korean dialogue is sooooo weak. (I'm korean so I know~). they resorted to cute facial expressions and bits and pieces of wining. and the character of SHK comes off as sort of ditzy whereas in the manhwa she is very smart.

well there were of course a lot of changes...but those are forgivable when adapting it to screen. by biggest thing was the script. this drama had very weak script.
its not to say the drama sucked....after all I watched every episode. but I recommend the manhwa...it was a big hit.
this is how it's always when they make a movie out of a book...
Damn, how many times did i watch a movie based from some book, and they almost never get the whole atmosphere/dialogues/message/etc..take for example Bridget Jones, the edge of reason, argh...great book = typical hollywood movie...
anyway, I didn't read the mahnwa, so there's nothing to compare it too...the people who read the original versions are more affected, I should say...
and I believe u if u told us the dialogues are more witty in the mahnwa...
I actually saw some screenshots of the first 2 volumes of the translated mahnwa...and I cannot stop giggling...Im gonna buy it when Im not busy anymore...because I want to continue seeing/reading more of Young jae and ji eun's story

wantse094

Post by wantse094 » Dec 8th, '04, 10:31

I remembered writing in this topic but I can't find my message... anyway I so totally LOVE LOVE LOVE this show!!!!! It's like my favourite ever because it's so funny and it has a happy ending... I don't think the usual extra dramatic and sobby K-dramas... no offence... But yeah... I mean the plot is just good enough for it not to be lame and the actors gell well!!!! :lol

cartermariano

Post by cartermariano » Dec 8th, '04, 10:56

I also believe this is the best drama i've ever seen so far (or it's still fighting Romance for its 1st place), mainly because of Song Hye Kyo's character. Whoever saw her in Autumn Tale (and saw until the very ridiculous end) had a surprise while watching her in Full House.

In another hand, Bi's character was soo different from his previous (Sang-doo), you can really tell the difference from episode 1. You kind of miss his "talent" for comedy, since he's all so serious pretty much all the time. By aside from all this, i had a few more surprises while watching this drama:

1: Song Hye Kyo is a great singer! (or at least she sounded like one);
2: Bi singing in a karaoke place was really..interesting :D;
3: there's more but i can't really remember now :D

But in anycase, i felt like i could dream about Song Hye Kyo singing the three bear song or ice skating, or seeing her in a wedding dress. And let's not forget the "aja aja fighting!" :D

FreshMilk

superb drama

Post by FreshMilk » Dec 11th, '04, 10:24

i love love love this drama .. its hilarious and fun to watch,sometimes it goes boring with that stupid kang hye won but when the main charactors get together, its always nice..
this definately a must must must see !

ginjk

Post by ginjk » Dec 13th, '04, 20:14

I agree with everyone else that Full House is a must see comedy tv series. I love watching the leading actress. She is so cute in this series. I 've never seen her comedy character before and was pretty impressed with her comedic side. You can't miss the soundtrack as well. Really fine songs.

jzonixc

Post by jzonixc » Dec 19th, '04, 01:03

i simply just luuuurrrrrvvvveeeee this drama.i voted life altering because i can't get the drama out of my mind. i'm currently in the state where i can't watch any other dramas because i'm still in the world of full house.i just feel lost after finish watchin it.i even re-watched the drama as soon as i finished it.influenced my housemate who never watches dramas like this to watch it.and he enjoyed it!!! i know when he watches it just by hearing his laughter from next door.(ok,that's a bit out of track)
i love how rain and SHK bicker all the time.it makes it even sweeter when they show that they care for each other even though just for a few short secs before they start to shout at each other again.i like how they can't lose to the other party in gettin back at each other.and rain is superb in this drama,i just love his childish and embarassed look.and SHK is cute and sweet.they make a lovely couple and yes,even in real life.love the ending too....luckily it wasn't a short one where u see both of the leads get together at long last and that's it.in full house,they showed flashbacks from the past and did some present scenes whereby they are together a little longer.just to let u feel that yes!! they are really together....
i just wonder when i can resume watchin other dramas :-( .full house left a definite print in my heart.i just so hope rain and SHK get together again in another life altering drama. :-)

ghuor

Post by ghuor » Dec 19th, '04, 01:20

Full House is great, but I wih There were less repetitive scenes, especially the ones when Bi and SHK are fighting (even if it is funny in the beginning but becoming quite annoying in the end).

apples

Post by apples » Dec 27th, '04, 12:16

ghuor wrote:Full House is great, but I wih There were less repetitive scenes, especially the ones when Bi and SHK are fighting (even if it is funny in the beginning but becoming quite annoying in the end).
Hmm.... I guess you're right... hehe.. Good thing i didn't notice that or else I wouldn't enjoy the drama as much as I did.

Slash

Post by Slash » Dec 28th, '04, 15:32

Life-altering. I can't stop thinking about it. Song Hye Kyo is more precious than anything in the world.

jellybean

Post by jellybean » Dec 28th, '04, 16:03

FUll House was pretty funny, it was a good alternative to all those cancer, tragic, once in a zillion chance of happening storylines.

Thumbs up

PLus I never cooed so much at an ending in my life!

truvietchiuchoi

Post by truvietchiuchoi » Dec 28th, '04, 22:28

does anyone know a website with the summary of the episodes since i cant seem to download episodes 7+ id be gratefull thanks

jellybean

Post by jellybean » Jan 1st, '05, 23:06

the actress playing Ji-Eun was great, refreshing from her autumn tale performance.
bi was v v v funny, especially the karaoke part...he always gets sooo serious when the singer comes through, like in Sang Doo *moment in car singing to gigolo client....moment around fire singing to his high school gallies."

BT-Slut

Post by BT-Slut » Jan 1st, '05, 23:32

I hate Krys as much as anyone else, but I have to agree with his assesment on Full House. Hell, I'm even more negative on Full House than him. Total worthless fluff. The only reason to see it is if you're a die hard KPC (Korean Pudgy Chick) fan. That's the only reason I saw it and the ONLY reason that kept me going through the entire inane, childish, super contrived and convuluted fluff of a storyline. The whole story is such fluff. Not an ounce of redeeming quality with any semblance of deeper meaning. If I'm going to waste 16 hours of my life watching something, I want to come out of it with something meaningful to remember, and by meaningful I mean something profound and sublime, not just endless bickering. Enough, I'm getting annoyed just thinking about the storyline.

But I got to admit, KPC is really, really pretty. Definitely one of the top 3 beauties of Korea. As Kry's said, Korea has made some great movies in the past 5+ years, but all the dramas are completely worthless. I hope to see KPC star in a solid k-movie in the future.

note: these are my opinions. You may disagree. It's fine if you disagree. We can agree to disagree on our respective opinions.

Learner

Post by Learner » Jan 1st, '05, 23:50

I had great expectation for this drama as it earned many good reviews and recommendations and ended up...disappointed! I cant pinpoint why I dont like it but it's an overall thing that does not sync with my taste. I just find SHK and Bi annoying at times. I am one for happy ending but this show just somehow just dont do a thing for me :unsure:
I enjoyed sweet 18 more :-)

himeko

Post by himeko » Jan 6th, '05, 03:07

I love full house!! finished this drama not too long ago, and finished it really fast ^^ It's addicting!! Bi and SHG are soo CUTE together! :wub:
also, the guy who plays min hyuk is very good looking as well hehe ^^
Recommend this drama! Very light-hearted and funny !!

Mythical Child

Post by Mythical Child » Jan 18th, '05, 17:05

I only have three more episodes to download before finishing the drama, but DEFINITELY A MUST SEE! >-<

I never really understand the hype about Bi, but after watching this drama, GAHHH. HE'S SUCH A CUTIE! <3<3<3 Haha. I totally love his character. The part where he slipped and fell. LOL XD

And then there's SHG. She's a beauty, and I love her. <3<3<3

I can't wait to finish this drama! ^0^
Shall come back and post more when I get done! o\/

DarReNz
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by DarReNz » Jan 18th, '05, 17:29

yeah this movie rocks ...... a must see ...... it's funny ...... and a happy ending .....

Annae

OK series

Post by Annae » Jan 20th, '05, 16:58

I thought this drama was ok. Honestly the only reason I wanted to watch it was becasue Bi & Song Hye Kyo star in it. I like the whole plot and acting but it didn't have that turning point and ending where it stood out from the others. Overall full house wasn't bad but wasn't all good also.

kelly...BiG

Post by kelly...BiG » Jan 20th, '05, 17:12

it's such a gud drama of course it must be a must see! :-)

Uranaa

hi how r u

Post by Uranaa » Jan 24th, '05, 04:39

i know full house.this is very lovely romance.maybe song hyo gyo and rain are very nice couple.
Attachments
full.jpg
full.jpg (50.08 KiB) Viewed 15245 times

ne0o

Post by ne0o » Jan 24th, '05, 12:07

love this series.. really love love it..
i did watch. sweet 18 right after full house, hoping it would be as good, but. sweet 18 i cant handle it.. that girl really annoy me donno why... maybe coz i had same expectations for sweet18 as full house.....

oh? did Bi sing karaoke in the serie? cant remember?. witch part did he sing??..

moliu

Post by moliu » Jan 24th, '05, 12:48

awwww....haven;t been able to online for a few months.....heard this kdrama's great but seems like there's no more seeds to DL.... :cry:

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Jan 24th, '05, 14:04

moliu wrote:awwww....haven;t been able to online for a few months.....heard this kdrama's great but seems like there's no more seeds to DL.... :cry:
You could always request seeds in the request thread. :)

DarReNz
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by DarReNz » Jan 24th, '05, 14:07

i wonder if there is any other comedy with both actor and actress ??
Last edited by DarReNz on Jan 29th, '05, 03:01, edited 1 time in total.

upikepik

Post by upikepik » Jan 26th, '05, 18:31

definitely a MUST-SEE! :)
I was reluctant to see it because of one reason: "Why Bi???" , but ended up admitting that this was one of the best kdrama I've ever watched! :D
Bi & SHG are both good actors!

kliquey

Post by kliquey » Jan 29th, '05, 02:47

oooh, i loved this one...simply because of song hye gyo (sorry i cant spell her name), but yea the korean actress...i guess i like all of her movies...but this one was different, its not that sad...just more comedy....so, nice to watch a series when someone doesnt die of cancer!..hehe

annieme25

Post by annieme25 » Jan 29th, '05, 03:31

one word_enjoyable =D

aznfudd

just lovely

Post by aznfudd » Jan 29th, '05, 10:02

At first, i thought full house was going to be another boring love-hate relationship b/w Bi and Song Hyo Gye. I was totally wrong. Their relationship on screen is just lovely. That have great chemistry together. This was my first kdrama starring Song Hyo Gye, WOW, was my first impression. I wanna watch more of her, but im hooked on other dramas XD

ceppy

Post by ceppy » Jan 29th, '05, 12:55

not exactly life altering, but earlier episodes is hilarious. Episodes towards the end is boring since all there is is fights and crying.

pajnra

Post by pajnra » Jan 31st, '05, 04:37

Full House is one of the best dramas I have seen. It’s a “must see”

ddrdancing

Post by ddrdancing » Feb 5th, '05, 23:12

This is one of the best dramas I've seen. I mainly watched it because of Bi. :w000t:

boaismywife

yay for full house!

Post by boaismywife » Feb 7th, '05, 08:46

i JUST finished watching full house. granted there were many cheesy moments and a few slow-moving parts, overall it was a hilarious and entertaining drama! song hye kyo is sooo cute too =) a great drama -- highly recommended! :D

Penoy

Post by Penoy » Feb 9th, '05, 16:52

I voted life altering. This kdrama is great. It will make you fall in love all over again. I really like it because i like the personality of Bi in the story, he's afraid to show his feelings to SHK plus the fact that he really doesnt know how to show it in the first place. I really find that sweet, he's not typical. SHK is sooooo pretty, sometimes I consider her not human at all hehe, she's so beautiful. No episode will leave you unsatisfied. This really is a must see. hope they will make Full house 2. ^_^

ajeng park

Post by ajeng park » Feb 9th, '05, 17:05

life altering. I love you Bi!!!

watsup

Post by watsup » Feb 15th, '05, 02:13

can anybody tell me where to get all those song from this series ? thanks alot

lwz

Post by lwz » Feb 15th, '05, 05:58

can someone seed this drama for me? looking for episodes 11-16, the 350mb version. thanks.

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Feb 15th, '05, 06:02

lwz wrote:can someone seed this drama for me? looking for episodes 11-16, the 350mb version. thanks.
god, does the word "discussion" mean anything to you? This is not a seed request thread!! Do a search for Full House's seed request thread then post your request there. Alternatively, you could always post a request in the shoutbox...
Last edited by iceberri on Feb 15th, '05, 06:03, edited 1 time in total.

Penoy

Question

Post by Penoy » Feb 17th, '05, 06:47

Hey, I have a question. Remember in the last episode of Full house, where they slept in the tent. When SHK woke up, she's holding the necklace of Bi, which i believe has a key as a pendant. Is it the key of Full house?

There are episodes that Bi is wearing that necklace with the key. :glare: :w00t:

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Re: Question

Post by Jannah » Feb 17th, '05, 07:28

Penoy wrote:Hey, I have a question. Remember in the last episode of Full house, where they slept in the tent. When SHK woke up, she's holding the necklace of Bi, which i believe has a key as a pendant. Is it the key of Full house?

There are episodes that Bi is wearing that necklace with the key. :glare: :w00t:
I don't think it's the key to Full House, it looked like just a pendant to me. I guess Ji-eun holding his necklace with the key signifies Young-jae giving her the "key" to his heart. Because he had never learnt to open himself up to anybody until he met her.

il_mare

Post by il_mare » Feb 19th, '05, 10:59

I just finished this! And I love it! It was fun fun fun all the way! So hooked that I think I am going to watch it again!

Altho I was drooling for KSS, my heart was screaming for Bi and SHG to be together! A nice change from the usual kdrama sappy fare! Great chemistry, good-looking cast, and cheerful theme, what better way to perk my grey winter days!

pjc1119

Post by pjc1119 » Feb 19th, '05, 15:13

I enjoyed this k-series so much!!! I still get a kick out of it, whenever I see SHK perform her 3 bears song. CLASSIC!!

SunStar

Post by SunStar » Feb 22nd, '05, 17:50

full house is one of the best korean dramas i've seen... it have so many elements in it that i love... and of course... BI... with him in any drama... i'll watch... just want to watch him... :wub:

Kayote

Post by Kayote » Feb 28th, '05, 22:33

Ive watched upto ep.11 and Im loving every single moment of it. except...

Is it just me or has anyone noticed the heroine wears a bit too short skirts, even at home! And what heck is Hye-Won's fashion sense, its downright ugly. I seriously hope she & Young Ji's fashion sense is not the common opinion in Korea. :D

Kay

Kayote

Post by Kayote » Mar 3rd, '05, 10:19

Ok, Ive just completed the series. Definitely must see but not more.

I just did not like the main hero much, he was a pain in the @ss. But yeah the ending was very sweet, just right. Last episode did take me by surprise. :)

I would sum it up as very similar to ATTIC CAT but not in its class. To me, ATTIC CAT is the pinacle of asian dramas and while FULL HOUSE was good drama in the similar vein but it just felt 2-3 episodes too long. And definitely the characters were not as memorable (or realistic?!) as ATTIC CAT.

Ive saved this drama to view it again in a few months time. :D

Cheers all for the subs.

Kay

vhh

Post by vhh » Mar 6th, '05, 19:55

krys wrote:Funny beginning, draggy middle, cheesy ending.

The very first impression is that those 16 episodes could be easily compressed to 10 with no loss for a viewer. The series would be even better then. It is apparent koreans can not came up with sufficient number of ideas to fill that vast running time (16 eps x 60 min). Thanks to that, shortage of acting abilities of the main actors has been revealed mercilessly. This applies to comedies, as in melodrama they always may make someone to have a cancer or else, and eye drops are cheap.

So in short it is all about nice bodies
(Han Eun-jung, i am always ready to see more of your cleavage http://english.tour2korea.com/02Culture ... &kosm=m2_6),
pretty faces (although thick make-up drastically lessens the impact {yes, talking about you, Song Hye-kyo - http://english.tour2korea.com/02Culture ... &kosm=m2_5,
http://hyekyo.yeonyoung.com/}) and a few recurring jokes.

The series is somewhat similar to 'Sweet 18'.

To conclude, although some koran movies fit my taste, it is still long way for series, still need to wait some more time for a good korean romantic comedy series to appear.
I agree with most of what krys said. It was a good beginning. There were a couple of cute/funny scenes I liked, but as the series went on I started to get annoyed with the Young-Jae, and then was annoyed with Han-Jun saying she loved him when the whole time he treated her like crap. And then the series went around in circles. Not great writing IMO. By the 8th episode I knew how it was going to end. And yes, Han Eun-jung is has the nicest smiles and chest I've seen in a long time. :D See it only if you have time.