Why did you come to D-Addicts?

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.

Download mostly Japanese dramas
31%
Download mostly Korean dramas
26%
Download mostly Chinese dramas
4%
Download mostly Chinese dramas
4%
Download a fair mix of Japanese/Korean/Chinese dramas
25%
For the discussion forum
6%
Hit on underage women/girls (and men/boys)
3%

Total votes: 314

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by thetenken » Nov 9th, '04, 21:33

Here's a simple poll to track how many users of ours are here to download what type of drama...

tejizo

Post by tejizo » Nov 9th, '04, 21:41

Actually the first time I went to this site is for its OSTs since I can't find them anywhere else.
Back then, [jem] and [jtv] was my main one for japanese dramas, but now d-addicts is. :)

jrudiman

Post by jrudiman » Nov 9th, '04, 21:46

i found d-addicts through japanese movies but finally i got hooked to japanese dramas :P

TayasAngel

Post by TayasAngel » Nov 9th, '04, 21:52

...first I come here to download korean dramas, but now I'm falling in luv with chinese and japanese dramas, too :wub: I really luv this site ...keep it up the great work here :thumleft: :notworthy:

~hehe... here are a lot of nice people around!!!! ^____^ ~~ nice to meet ya all :)

LittleGreenGrasshopper
Geinou
Geinou

Post by LittleGreenGrasshopper » Nov 9th, '04, 22:00

Initially I was here for the Japanese/Korean drama. But as time goes by, I'm finding the discussion forum to be an interesting place to both read and post things. Then, there's the chat room too, but my first few visits, I got so overwhelmed by the flux of conversions that it'll be a while before I recovered from that, lol.

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Nov 9th, '04, 22:06

I mostly download Korean dramas. I would probably download more Chinese ones if they were better quality. So I usually just buy those.

beer

Post by beer » Nov 9th, '04, 22:11

Hmm, I think I came here looking for the one episode of Wedding Planner Jem didn't have, but I've stayed for more or less everything, even though I've only downloaded Jem's cdramas while I'm rather picky about kdramas.

The forums are a great benefit for someone like me who likes to spend only occasional time on IRC.

And my kids were underage so long (well, about 30 years combined) that I'm horrified by the species, and if anything more inclined to hit them than hit on them. :P

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Nov 9th, '04, 22:20

Ok I want to know why there are no multi choice polls now :crazy:
There was more than one option I could have checked.. hmmm guess since TheTenken started the poll option no X at the end would be in there huh... hmmmm :mrgreen:

Anyway...

I came here cause delsxyz and ap and neonkinpatsu mentioned this place.
Then one thing lead to another and ... hmmm I'm stuck.

innocentchica

Post by innocentchica » Nov 9th, '04, 22:40

i stumbled upon d-addicts earlier this year when i was searching for hotelier. after i found out most of the series here were english subbed , i went nuts! :lol :lol :lol i started to d/l a bit but i had 56k............. so it wasn't fun. when i came back this summer, i got dsl...and the rest is history. i've been d/ling like crazy over the past 2 months... i used up more than 100 cd rs already... :unsure:

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Nov 9th, '04, 23:13

Am I the only one who voted "for the discussion forum"? :unsure: It was actually a tie between that and "downloading for korean drama," but I guess the former made me sound less like a leech that I know I truly am. :mrgreen: But yeah, I really do love this place! (and its irc channel...) =P

Takez0
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Takez0 » Nov 9th, '04, 23:22

You forgot that many people came here looking for (now extinct) Asian movies

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Nov 9th, '04, 23:45

it was first to download mostly k-dramas, but now...it's a mix of Korean/Chinese/Japanese dramas...but still mostly k-dramas. :lol

babyguh

Post by babyguh » Nov 9th, '04, 23:48

omg ice haha that was my choice to because i came here to go to the forum first and ask for seeds for Meteor Garden for Jem but then i duno i stumbled on the KsOTM and then so now i mostly d/l korean drama...weird.....

and lol at to hit on men hahaha i guess u can do that in the irc channel ahhaha

LittleGreenGrasshopper
Geinou
Geinou

Post by LittleGreenGrasshopper » Nov 10th, '04, 00:13

babyguh wrote: and lol at to hit on men hahaha i guess u can do that in the irc channel ahhaha
Last time I was in the channel, only the girls were talking... I think the guys fell asleep :roll

rainidy
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rainidy » Nov 10th, '04, 00:19

I came here to download mostly korean dramas but I like the discussion forum here too. Everyone here is really friendly and helpful. :D

Kirosia

Post by Kirosia » Nov 10th, '04, 00:24

I was forced to at gunpoint. Turns out it was a squirt gun.

Actually I originally had come to download japanese dramas.

Carn

Post by Carn » Nov 10th, '04, 01:11

iceberri wrote:Am I the only one who voted "for the discussion forum"? :unsure: It was actually a tie between that and "downloading for korean drama," but I guess the former made me sound less like a leech that I know I truly am. :mrgreen: But yeah, I really do love this place! (and its irc channel...) =P
Heh, I voted for that too. Because at first, I came here looking for info on dramas and for downloading Japanese dramas, but now I stay because the discussions are so good.

LittleGreenGrasshopper
Geinou
Geinou

Post by LittleGreenGrasshopper » Nov 10th, '04, 01:22

Hmmm, I wonder who's the trio that voted for the last option... hey, don't look at me... I voted for the potpourri :unsure:

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Nov 10th, '04, 04:18

Initially I came here to download k-dramas, but I got hooked on the discussions going on in the forums, so now I'm here for the forums as well.

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Nov 10th, '04, 04:58

LittleGreenGrasshopper wrote:Hmmm, I wonder who's the trio that voted for the last option... hey, don't look at me... I voted for the potpourri :unsure:
I dunno... hmmm 'twasn't me I promise.

Although if anyone comes up with a way to seed some actresses, he he...

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Nov 10th, '04, 06:54

I d/l pretty much everything except period dramas. Romance, etc. are my favorites, but I watch most anything.

These days, I mostly just bug Kboy to seed eps of Since I Met You... :P

btw, as soon as I get off these damn 12-14 hour workdays, I'll get Lavender finished up!!!

pankanshe

Post by pankanshe » Nov 10th, '04, 07:13

Get dramas for FREE of course. And discuss about drama.... but #d-addicts@hkm.net usually doesn't T.T

babyguh

Post by babyguh » Nov 10th, '04, 07:25

pankanshe wrote:Get dramas for FREE of course. And discuss about drama.... but #d-addicts@hkm.net usually doesn't T.T
hahah yes we do in the day time haha dont come at night =)

pankanshe

Post by pankanshe » Nov 10th, '04, 07:29

babyguh wrote:
pankanshe wrote:Get dramas for FREE of course. And discuss about drama.... but #d-addicts@hkm.net usually doesn't T.T
Lies, I've been there in the morning. If you start talking about drama, channel dies. But when someone mentions a hot celeb, everyones back :D.

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Nov 10th, '04, 19:56

pankanshe wrote:
babyguh wrote:
Lies, I've been there in the morning. If you start talking about drama, channel dies. But when someone mentions a hot celeb, everyones back :D.
mmmm well... we see hot celebrities FROM the dramas, so the two are definitely indirectly related. ^_^

kali4niaguy

Post by kali4niaguy » Nov 10th, '04, 21:41

if it wasn't for the cute gals, i don't think i'd ever b addicted to the dramas! :D i dl all types of dramas, whatever's good i'll go after it. i have to learn to use IRC and ED2k so i can have more dl'ing options.

the forums r great also! good to know there's lots of ppl out there that has the same addiction as i do. D-Addicts Anonymous here i come!!! :mrgreen:

zahiri

Post by zahiri » Apr 24th, '05, 19:29

:mrgreen: newest and youngest post here. actually stumbled upon this site while searching downloads for 'stewardess monogatari' drama and Takako Matsu's :wub: drama. now solely here to dload and upload j dramas and participate in it's pleasant forums. :lol

rel

Post by rel » Apr 24th, '05, 21:35

Dramas and discussion!!

mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mangosteen » Apr 24th, '05, 21:41

I came here first to download Kdramas and movies. Now I'm trying Jdrama and Cdrama. Orange days and Boys and girls are my first Jdrama and Cdrama respectively :-) [/list]

sosushi2

Drama

Post by sosushi2 » Apr 24th, '05, 21:53

Originally I came here to download Korean dramas, but now I'm hooked on all of them. I also enjoy the forums and discussions very much. It was very hard to choose just one answer.

crazylazy_chief

Post by crazylazy_chief » Apr 24th, '05, 22:17

I originally came for the discussion forum...because I had this craze for joining discussion forum about half-a-year ago..(?) Eheh, and after joining the forum, it got me hooked into d/ling k-drama, and then j-drama. :P

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Apr 24th, '05, 22:25

^^hehe...I originally came to download mostly korean dramas...but now I download a lot of chinese ones..like the hk ones jem posts here even though I don't/haven't watch them lol! When I first came here the discussions didn't really appeal to me. Mostly stuff about j-drama which I know nothing about. But now I usually come here to post and hardly watch dramas. :lol I am proud to say that I am starting to collect j-dramas now. :sweat:

kekeke

Post by kekeke » Apr 24th, '05, 22:33

hit on underaged boys. no doubt about it

otcho

Post by otcho » Apr 24th, '05, 22:37

for underage boys/girls of course

Gir

Post by Gir » Apr 25th, '05, 01:04

I started coming here from Studio Oto, after I noticed that the torrents were posted here before they showed up on the site, then I started finding more Jdramas to download here. I first started posting by requesting reseeds, then started reading others posts, then just kind of moved into the discussion area.

azn_wrx

Post by azn_wrx » Apr 25th, '05, 01:23

to hit on babyguh

DarReNz
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by DarReNz » Apr 25th, '05, 01:42

well i mostly download kdramas .... but now i get onto discussion forums most of the time .... it's addictive heh .....

Daijoubu

Post by Daijoubu » Apr 25th, '05, 01:53

This website is the reason for the end of my anime downloading days. I, came across this website when I was trying to find a better subbed version of My Sassy Girl; I haven't left since.

kyrinda

Post by kyrinda » Apr 25th, '05, 02:14

At first it was to dl meteor garden! Wanted to watch it for the longest time and jem had a sub version of it i was in heaven :wub:
but now i mostly come here to dl 10% C-drama and 90% k-dramas.
O n to occasionally talk on the forums :D

sunnyblue

Post by sunnyblue » Apr 25th, '05, 02:23

Actually I was looking for a new website about anime, but instead I bumbed in to a site about asian drama, since I love that too, so accidently I got in to d-addict. Eversince I've been hooked. A day without d-addict is a day wit frustration! ^_^

okumasama

Post by okumasama » Apr 25th, '05, 02:43

Actually because I'm used to it. If I don't check d-addicts once per hour I start to feel like I didn't do something important.

Sakado

Post by Sakado » Apr 25th, '05, 04:45

The only reason i come here to stay sane :roll !!

mallorn

Post by mallorn » Apr 25th, '05, 05:05

I first discovered the link through FSC, and since Korean dramas were starting to get popular and I was used to downloading via BT, I decided to give it a try. Now, aside from the dramas, I've discovered loads of spoilers and endings to various dramas, as well as dramas I never even dreamed existed. Like okumasama, I not feel weird if I don't check D-Addicts everytime I sit down in front of a computer. :D

bone-doll
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by bone-doll » Apr 25th, '05, 06:48

Lol. Indeed it was the underage boys. I mean, what else can you do at d-addicts? :lol

I actually first came here because of Full House. :glare: It got me hooked onto kdramas, thus, I'm failing uni. :lol Now, I just download kdramas. And of course, participate in discussions. :D

apples

Post by apples » Apr 25th, '05, 10:32

first stumbled on d-addicts after searching for meteor garden. i came back later for more korean dramas after watching beautiful days. with dramas available plus tons of infos, interesting discussions and hospitable community, who wouldn't want to visit this site often?

chant71

Post by chant71 » Apr 25th, '05, 10:49

first i come for korean drama but the only one i downlaod for the moment is stairway to heaven and what happened to bali!

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Apr 26th, '05, 19:48

I came here to download j-doramas. I didn't use forum at the beginning, but when I started I got addicted to reading and posting as well :D Now I can't live without this site :lol

Hinakun

Post by Hinakun » Apr 26th, '05, 20:05

Hahah... 6 votes for underage girls/boys?? 6 molestors had enter the d-addicts forum...should we have a child abduction alert?? :lol

impression151

Post by impression151 » Apr 26th, '05, 20:10

of course the forum and the people. There's downloads here?!?

xioxi

hi

Post by xioxi » Apr 30th, '05, 03:15

i joined this forum cause i wanna download at th edolphin bay. and as i stroll round the other discussions found out that they also have more taiwansese show :D . i love taiwanse show..... so yeah dis site ROCK

LYF7anatic

Post by LYF7anatic » May 4th, '06, 03:28

Aaaahhh, I spend both things about the same length - download mostly Chinese dramas and for the discussion forum. No vote then. :-)

skachild

Post by skachild » May 4th, '06, 03:56

i vote for For the discussion forum :thumright:
haha... alot of u vote for downloading drama rite..!!
i also download alot of drama here but not very specific about it.. i mean, i download all kind of drama starting from hkdrama to k-drama.. as long as it not boring to me..
i really addicted to this website.. especially in the forum site..!!!
i addicted to MDaC thread.!
MDaC = Malaysia D-addicts Community (thread) haha 8)

KoreanMania

Post by KoreanMania » May 15th, '06, 13:24

My friend of mine first told me about d-addicts... then on one fateful day, I needed to find subs for a particular drama, so that was when I dropped by this forum and was really delighted cos it was like a K-drama subs heaven for me and besides that, lots and lots of credit for the wonderful subbers, great subs they produced, nice people who are willing to offer help in times of trouble and all in all, a very informative forum :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

CdMe

Post by CdMe » May 17th, '06, 12:49

d-addicts was always mentioned in other jdorama forums etc but it did take some months until I finally understood the way of downloading (torrents) :mrgreen:

N5X

Post by N5X » May 18th, '06, 13:46

for the kdramas!!!! wide range of dramas + eng subs!!!

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » May 18th, '06, 14:01

I first starting getting my drama using Streamload,then I found out about Jtv's torrents. and a while later when I was waiting for Orange Day's episodes to be all subbed,I wanted to watch the episodes so bad,so a friend of mine gave me the link to d-addicts and said I could find the episodes Raw there ^^ heheh so that's how I first started with d-addicts :mrgreen:
so yeah,it was for Jdorama @ first,but now I'm more into Kdramas hehe

kenderkin88

Post by kenderkin88 » May 18th, '06, 14:08

Technically? I came looking for info on The King and the Clown, before I realized it was a movie.. But I stayed for the Korean dramas, nevermind that I was originally addicted to Jdramas. :lol I prefer the Korean variety, it seems. >.>

KoreanMania

Post by KoreanMania » May 18th, '06, 14:14

:thumright: :thumright: :thumright: Definitely for K-dramas :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

shminda

Post by shminda » May 23rd, '06, 20:31

I came looking for a place to download Korean dramas/movies and found D-Addicts, but at the time I didn't know how to use BitTorrent yet and didn't even know D-Addicts had subtitles so I just overlooked the site and learned how to use Clubbox through a friend who also told me D-Addicts has subtitles, and since then I made a username. After time I started to post up comments here and there and tried to help out other members like they had for me in the past. =] It's one of my most-loved forums.

azndgn26

Post by azndgn26 » May 23rd, '06, 20:40

I dun quite remember exactly but I think I tried to google "torrent" and D-addicts was listed and now I'm here. :cheers: But I come to dl Cdramas, Kdramas, OSTs, and discuss in the forum.
Last edited by azndgn26 on May 23rd, '06, 20:47, edited 1 time in total.

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » May 23rd, '06, 20:43

well i was already in drama ( all kind of it) but i don't know where to dl it then my friend recommend this site

then i don't know when i start become active in the forum....

Starlightkitty7

Post by Starlightkitty7 » May 24th, '06, 13:11

I can't remember how I found this site. I was looking for a japanese show I think...
I come here to download diffrent drama and episodes. ^__^
I also come to chat occasionally in the forums.

miyukiu3

Post by miyukiu3 » May 24th, '06, 13:18

I think it's from word of mouth, my friend who told me that there is a lot of fan-subbed drama

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » May 24th, '06, 13:36

tejizo wrote:Actually the first time I went to this site is for its OSTs since I can't find them anywhere else.
Back then, [jem] and [jtv] was my main one for japanese dramas, but now d-addicts is. :)
Same here. But then I kept seeing references all over the net how D-Addicts was the place to go for dramas and took a better look around....the addiction got even worse when I moved on to k & c dramas.

RTR_BMS_lva

Post by RTR_BMS_lva » May 28th, '06, 07:09

i just go to any forum that has to do with asian entertainment (hk) related.

stefgb

Post by stefgb » May 28th, '06, 07:26

k drama!!

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » May 31st, '06, 15:58

i did a search on densha otoko the week it came out to see if i can find more info. And not only did i find it, but it was DOWNLOADABLE. AND IT HAD SUBS.

it was like freaking christmas. :cheers:

cgozun

Post by cgozun » May 31st, '06, 18:34

First time I came here was to download movies, but that was way back. Only after they stopped offering movies did I try the dramas. It was a blessing in disguise. :pray:

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » May 31st, '06, 21:49

I learned about d-addicts through friends who were d/ling taiga and got hooked on Tanihara Shosuke thanks to Shinsengumi!. Discovered Toyohara Kosuke quite by accident one day (in a way completely unrelated to drama or film... looking for a mental image for an original character I was writing and someone suggested I check out the pages on JDorama) and one of those friends started d/ling Densha otoko and burning it to disc for me so I could squee over him (having since learned he was actually one of my most favorite characters in a Godzilla movie, of all things). I finally couldn't stand the wait any longer and wanted anything I could find of Toyohara's work, so I got my HDD cleaned off, got a DVD burner, and learned how to download. Watching his dramas and films led me to Yajima Ken'ichi, who is so damn prolific I've been dragged into one jdrama after another and love it even more.

Keeping up with just those three actors generally keeps me busy each season, not to mention backtracking for older series they're in. :P Thanks to comments and recommendations in the forum, I've also seen a lot of excellent dramas I would otherwise know nothing about. And without all of you willing to upload and reseed, I wouldn't have found such a delicious pleasure to indulge. I tell people about d-addicts every chance I get and am sometimes amazed at just who wanders over and gets addicted, too.

hellomomo

Post by hellomomo » May 31st, '06, 21:56

i came to download korean dramas. but i have downloaded a lot of japanese too

xCrow

Post by xCrow » May 31st, '06, 22:14

I came when I found a link from a site showing KDramas. Glad I came here. :B <3

itzjustfranciz

Post by itzjustfranciz » May 31st, '06, 22:30

I came here to dl mostly korean dramas, cuz they are the best! A fan of Chinese and korean dramas.

doink-chan
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » May 31st, '06, 22:41

I came here looking for J-dramas, but I also download K-dramas and the occasional TW-drama as well - but not as often as J-dramas.

asprikitik

Post by asprikitik » Jun 1st, '06, 00:13

I came here for Lovers In Paris and Full House (Korean dramas)
I heard they were really good so I got curious.
I searched for it and found D-ADDICTS.
Then soon, I started watching J-Dramas and TWDramas which are equally as good.

Kayiaxo

Post by Kayiaxo » Jun 1st, '06, 02:20

Found this site through another one.
Been downloading for here since ages.
Mostly J-dramas but also downloaded some others as well.
Guess I finally registered.
This is my first post.

Yo