[Discussion] Hana Yori Dango Season 2

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
aatm

Post by aatm » Mar 11th, '07, 05:00

Also, does anyone else think that "Flavor of Life" was oddly placed? True...I guess that
cookies have flavor...and that since Tsukasa says that they have the "flavor of love"...then they can also have the "Flavor of Life" too....?
I'm half way sarcastic about that, but really...does anyone else think it was oddly placed? One of the things that kinda bothers me about this season is that it seems like the need to place that song somewhere in the episode VERY PROMINENTLY. Is it necessary to be that loud and "HERE I AM!!!!"...? Don't get me wrong, I like Utada Hikaru, but I think that this episode was just kinda..."hmmm...we don't know where to put it, so let's close our eyes and point at an episode timeline. (point) Okay, we'll put it there."

*shrug*

kiki

Post by kiki » Mar 11th, '07, 05:08

if you go jland express, she explain that
part when he eat the cookie, the time to remember, i think that the phrase,
and yes i sometime think it kind out of place just to put the song, it kind annoying. sorry but umi still hated character to me. to me kaeda and umi seems to be par on par
Last edited by kiki on Mar 11th, '07, 05:09, edited 1 time in total.

pedxing

Post by pedxing » Mar 11th, '07, 05:08

aatm wrote:Also, does anyone else think that "Flavor of Life" was oddly placed? True...I guess that
cookies have flavor...and that since Tsukasa says that they have the "flavor of love"...then they can also have the "Flavor of Life" too....?
I'm half way sarcastic about that, but really...does anyone else think it was oddly placed? One of the things that kinda bothers me about this season is that it seems like the need to place that song somewhere in the episode VERY PROMINENTLY. Is it necessary to be that loud and "HERE I AM!!!!"...? Don't get me wrong, I like Utada Hikaru, but I think that this episode was just kinda..."hmmm...we don't know where to put it, so let's close our eyes and point at an episode timeline. (point) Okay, we'll put it there."

*shrug*
I thought it was awkwardly inserted too, but I guess since they played it at the end of every episode they have to stick it in somewhere.
I loved when they played Flavor of Life during episode 1 when they showed Makino crying and Tsukasa walking in New York, but every episode after that was ehh..

bl00_4ng31

Post by bl00_4ng31 » Mar 11th, '07, 05:23

marie_23: i agree with you. it'll just be kinda ridiculous to have a season 3...yes dramas need to have drama to be called a drama. but you can only handle so much drama as an audience. i reaaaaaaaly want them to do a special focusing on the HAPPINESS of tsukasa and tsukushi and then the rest of F4. as much as i love hyd if they try to crank out a season 3....i doubt i'll be watching it

jayden

Post by jayden » Mar 11th, '07, 06:40

bl00_4ng31 wrote:marie_23: i agree with you. it'll just be kinda ridiculous to have a season 3...yes dramas need to have drama to be called a drama. but you can only handle so much drama as an audience. i reaaaaaaaly want them to do a special focusing on the HAPPINESS of tsukasa and tsukushi and then the rest of F4. as much as i love hyd if they try to crank out a season 3....i doubt i'll be watching it
couldnt agree with u more..i prefer if they do a special instead of another season..

evil_zai

Post by evil_zai » Mar 11th, '07, 07:16

i would prefer an sp too.

wait.. does anyone know which volume of the manga umi is in? i didn't get to reach that far.

pinkstars

Post by pinkstars » Mar 11th, '07, 07:16

pedxing wrote:
aatm wrote:Also, does anyone else think that "Flavor of Life" was oddly placed? True...I guess that

*shrug*
I thought it was awkwardly inserted too, but I guess since they played it at the end of every episode they have to stick it in somewhere.
I loved when they played Flavor of Life during episode 1 when they showed Makino crying and Tsukasa walking in New York, but every episode after that was ehh..
i totally agree with you. I liked the part when tsukasa was walking down the streets of NY and tsukushi was crying at the Ebisu while they played the Flavor of Life in the background. i was like :-( .. i loved that part!!

another one is wHen, tsUkushi said her gOodbyes to tsUkasa at akira's hOuse..i felt like crying watching that scEne :cry:

anD yeah, I think they tried to insert the song in every episOde which sometimes make it awkward..for instance, i forgot what ep is that-- when rui said goodbye to shizuka..err.i dont think the song fitted that sCene. :blink

LeckerSchmecker

Post by LeckerSchmecker » Mar 11th, '07, 07:31

I hate Umi too!!!! Man i wanted to do thigs to her >.< :cussing: .
And then again theres Rui... he hated her the moment he saw her... hmmm maybe he can sense bad people :O XD, or he just cares about Makino so much that he know people who do her wrong !!???

Well one funny thing is where Tsukasa is leaving to go to Makino and they wanna play Love so Sweet an Makino is saying STOP XD that was funny^^.

Or when she Screamd at the top of her lungs Unbeliveble :w00t: i was like yeah say it girl ^^. :thumleft:

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Mar 11th, '07, 07:38

haha i just love episode 10 coz i got to see the old makino from season1!haha! love her and rui here!!! just wanna hug rui! i think he's just the type who's really deep and can sense that soemone is just being too fake! haha! and umi is that kinda person! seriously she isn't even likeable! it's too fake haha!

i wonder why they don't do a 2hr episode? maybe coz they already did that for epsiode 1?

pinkstars

Post by pinkstars » Mar 11th, '07, 07:42

LeckerSchmecker wrote:I hate Umi too!!!! Man i wanted to do thigs to her >.< :cussing: .
And then again theres Rui... he hated her the moment he saw her... hmmm maybe he can sense bad people :O XD, or he just cares about Makino so much that he know people who do her wrong !!???

Well one funny thing is where Tsukasa is leaving to go to Makino and they wanna play Love so Sweet an Makino is saying STOP XD that was funny^^.

Or when she Screamd at the top of her lungs Unbeliveble :w00t: i was like yeah say it girl ^^. :thumleft:
i loved it evrytime makino says "arienaitsuno" (did i spell that correctly?)
she's so cute everytime she says that!
oh rui...so mean! hahahahaha. but i liked his character in this ep anyway. :D
Last edited by pinkstars on Mar 11th, '07, 07:44, edited 2 times in total.

LeckerSchmecker

Post by LeckerSchmecker » Mar 11th, '07, 07:43

Is there not gonna be a 2 hr finale ???? WTF MAN :cussing:
XD

Yeah Rui is just the man in this episode :D :thumleft: .

And to Kaede, why did she do that >.< thats so :cussing: just to get Makino and Tsukasa to break up?? If she would of wanted that then why did she ( in the end of season one) let Tsukasa out of the plane?? I was like yeah she finally got it ^^ and then that. thats was like a smack in the face for me :cry: !!

sunset4886

Post by sunset4886 » Mar 11th, '07, 10:15

so its still not confirmed that there's a season 3?

Rori

Post by Rori » Mar 11th, '07, 10:56

^No

I don't know who it was who said it, (probably the producers) but they said 'IF there was going to be a season 3, it would happen November 2009'

fishy

Post by fishy » Mar 11th, '07, 11:01

november 2009 ? ? more than 2 years gap :scratch:

Rori

Post by Rori » Mar 11th, '07, 11:03

Well it was 2005 for the first season, and we've had to wait till 2007 for this season. Not much of a difference.

Lifo

Post by Lifo » Mar 11th, '07, 11:47

For all of those who watched the anime ~
I think the vancouver scene is coming up in ep. 11 !!!

Gika

Post by Gika » Mar 11th, '07, 12:07

Lifo wrote:For all of those who watched the anime ~
I think the vancouver scene is coming up in ep. 11 !!!
think so too ;)

looking forward to that actually *blushes*

anyway, if they left it at the point where tsukasa doesn't remember her they could do a 3rd season and let him slowly develop his feelings

but actually, the way the preview looked:
it seems like kaede will be convinced by tsubaki, meaning that the biggest obstacle is gone .. umi will be removed by tsukasa as soon as he notices that she's no idea who he is in the first place, and as soon as he remembers again ;)
so no worries, i'm sure they can tie it up somehow ...

mcg

Post by mcg » Mar 11th, '07, 12:42

If it's gonna be a third season, then let's have a second part of the manga, and make the plot change a little, have a new motivation, not only the 'fighting Kaede' - 'Confessing Feelings' thing.

I was surprised Umi's part is exactly the same as the manga. Rui not liking her, and everything, except for the 'taste of love' it was an obento in the manga, but they switched it into the Dom cookies, cos these have been appearing all the drama.

Yes, I already said it seems we'll get to see that scene on next episode but:
The Onsen scene will be there too, so I dunno how many stuff they'll mix this time

walkwgod7

Post by walkwgod7 » Mar 11th, '07, 12:53

ok all i have to say is that i just watched the 10th one and at the end ... first thought that popped in my head was ...
:cussing: ****!!!! :cussing:

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 11th, '07, 12:54

Rori wrote:Well it was 2005 for the first season, and we've had to wait till 2007 for this season. Not much of a difference.
there is actually one and half year difference. because HYD1 was on oct 2005 and HYD2 jan 2007 so it was 14 months but nov 2009 it means that is more than 2 and half years after HYD2. this is a big gap between two series. no garrenty that HYD fan will be as hardcore fan as they are now till that time. i mean, the quality of japanese dramas is getting better so by that time, maybe there might be another trend in dramas and not HYD anymore. me personally, i don't think that i will be really looking forward to see it if i ever decided to watch it in the first place.
but one iteresting fact, they all be grwon up and matured even more by then.

sunset4886

Post by sunset4886 » Mar 11th, '07, 13:07

is there a site where i could download the ost of the series?

ML_dxb

Post by ML_dxb » Mar 11th, '07, 13:30

hey every1! :wub:
I just wanted to know.. since most of you here read the manga or watched the cartoon version.. are they EXACTLY the same as this series???

Cos i watched the end of hana yori dango ( the cartoon Version) and i thought that i dont think the ending of the cartoon would apply to this version.. cos the ending was a BIT too wierd.. :scratch:
anyway PPL, caN you just tell me if this hana yori dango 2 version is EXACTLY the same as the manga and/or the cartoon version?????? :whistling:

xkawaiix

Post by xkawaiix » Mar 11th, '07, 16:05

no they arent EXACTLY the same as the series! they just got bits and bobs out of the manga and the anime and mixed it up and put it together to make the drama! :D by the way it AINT A CARTOON!! its an ANIME!! :)

ayumi_tanggo

can't hardly wait!!!

Post by ayumi_tanggo » Mar 11th, '07, 16:22

whoaaa...
haven't watch the 10th yet...
but i heard in eps.11 there's going to be "canada accident" scene, onsen scene, and and prom at the same time??!
im sure it going to be interesting ending!!:cheers:

the story is really mixed up from the manga/anime plot and creating another interesting story of it's own that even though most of us know exactly what's going on about the story, yet we still suprised every week because we don't know what's [plot] will be added in each episode!:thumright:

im sure, and highly hopes :whistling: that next week will be a very suprise ending that makes everyone satisfy!! :roll

now,i guess i'll be looking for the 10th and enjoy my self!!
till then my friends...,
:salut: peace out!

sambuk

Post by sambuk » Mar 11th, '07, 16:53

i need some help
my friends come round to watch ep 10, i now have ep.10 softsubs, but i watched it on youtube with lilys translations on friday, and i just totally forgot to download the raw. is it uploaded anywhere on the net with subs itd take ages to download!

sambuk

Post by sambuk » Mar 11th, '07, 17:04

could someone link me to ep10 raw

nalika

Post by nalika » Mar 11th, '07, 17:06

walkwgod7 wrote:ok all i have to say is that i just watched the 10th one and at the end ... first thought that popped in my head was ...
ditto that....

sambuk

Post by sambuk » Mar 11th, '07, 17:57

could someone link me to ep10 raw

angelcoolz

Post by angelcoolz » Mar 11th, '07, 18:04

sambuk wrote:could someone link me to ep10 raw
there u go

http://d-addicts.net/torrents/hana%20yo ... vi.torrent

Grc733

Post by Grc733 » Mar 11th, '07, 18:11

Let me just say that am I the only on that wanted to take care of Domioyi when he was limping I was like "awww honey lean on me... I'll help you" :wub: :wub: :wub:

I agree with everyone's final verdict on epi 10 I too thought the same thing :cussing: evil :cussing: WITCH!!!! :cussing:

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Mar 11th, '07, 18:12

yo yo minasan!so for once we all agree with two things(this is a premiere) :lol
1)we all hate umi for lying and for being such a louzy faker;
2)rui was the man of the ep!go rui :mrgreen: !!! this time i have to give him the credit for "smelling"the type of girl umi is imediatelly!

on the other hand i think that tsukasa and umi won`t kiss :D something will happen and they won`t get to kiss! :mrgreen:

bl00_4ng31

Post by bl00_4ng31 » Mar 11th, '07, 18:27

lee`s little alien wrote:yo yo minasan!so for once we all agree with two things(this is a premiere) :lol
1)we all hate umi for lying and for being such a louzy faker;
2)rui was the man of the ep!go rui :mrgreen: !!! this time i have to give him the credit for "smelling"the type of girl umi is imediatelly!

on the other hand i think that tsukasa and umi won`t kiss :D something will happen and they won`t get to kiss! :mrgreen:
hahaha. agree agree :]

1: that umi :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
2: awwwwwwwwwwww rui :wub: :wub: :wub:

november 2009??!!! ...holy crap...by then i'll have graduated already O.o yea as much as i hate to say this...i REALLY hope they dont do a season 3....

xkawaiix

Post by xkawaiix » Mar 11th, '07, 18:34

i agree actually....in 2009 i would of left school and of taken over the family business....wahh!!!! that means i will be too busy to watch it!!!!!!!!!! :( I HATE UMI!!! lol rui was sooooo kawaii!!!!!!! :wub: i :wub: rui!! he has a sixth sense!! :lol

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Mar 11th, '07, 18:53

xkawaiix wrote:i agree actually....in 2009 i would of left school and of taken over the family business....wahh!!!! that means i will be too busy to watch it!!!!!!!!!! :( I HATE UMI!!! lol rui was sooooo kawaii!!!!!!! :wub: i :wub: rui!! he has a sixth sense!! :lol
Your family name wouldn't happen to be Doumyouji, right? :lol

*shrug*
I think that there are contractual obligations for music promotions. They did the same thing with Planetarium in HYD1. I think that this is a problem with dramas is that there is weakness in song selection for dramas is not as flexible as could be. No matter how good a song is, there is no way that it can be ubiquitous and appropriate for all occasions.

I think that "flavor of life" is more subject appropriate than "planetarium" was. But it's severely wearing out its welcome

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Mar 11th, '07, 19:03

auroragb wrote: I think that "flavor of life" is more subject appropriate than "planetarium" was. But it's severely wearing out its welcome
in which case, i'm glad i haven't been watching HYD2 b/c i am absolutely digging flavor of life... (ok, i've been under a rock lately and only just discovered it about a week ago, but i loved the lyrics to the song... and then i found out about the divorce from the paper yesterday, which was just... :fear:)

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Mar 11th, '07, 19:12

nalika wrote:
walkwgod7 wrote:ok all i have to say is that i just watched the 10th one and at the end ... first thought that popped in my head was ...
ditto that....
Yeah, I thought the same thing...LOL :lol I was like no Umi didn't just
Kiss Makino man!!!
...Poor Domyouji it seems like girls just keep on attacking him all the time I guess he just has
Kissable lips :D
to bad Makino doesn't attack him for once 8)

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Mar 11th, '07, 19:21

marie_23 wrote:
nalika wrote:
ditto that....
Kiss Makino man!!!
Eh? Lesbian action? :lol
See it's just an almost-kiss (so far) and the fans are up in arms
Imagine if there were as many Tsukushi-Tsukasa kiss scenes as in manga, think about what the MatsuJun fans would do to Mao :lol

Grc733

Post by Grc733 » Mar 11th, '07, 19:26

mizune wrote:
auroragb wrote: I think that "flavor of life" is more subject appropriate than "planetarium" was. But it's severely wearing out its welcome
in which case, i'm glad i haven't been watching HYD2 b/c i am absolutely digging flavor of life... (ok, i've been under a rock lately and only just discovered it about a week ago, but i loved the lyrics to the song... and then i found out about the divorce from the paper yesterday, which was just... :fear:)
Wait wait Utada is getting divorced???? why she just got married, well not just but not too long ago.

I can't wait until Episode 11 I'm kinda of sad to see it end but I ecstatic to announce that I'm soo happy with the way this season has turned out, I'm glad it wasn't a Meteor Garden 2 disaster, then again HanaDan 2 has been more faithful to the manga then Meteor Garden.....

Such fond memories of Domioyi.... I'm sad to see HanaDan go... but sometimes its better this way instead of another season that might kill the storyline stone dead...

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Mar 11th, '07, 19:30

jayden wrote:
bl00_4ng31 wrote:marie_23: i agree with you. it'll just be kinda ridiculous to have a season 3...yes dramas need to have drama to be called a drama. but you can only handle so much drama as an audience. i reaaaaaaaly want them to do a special focusing on the HAPPINESS of tsukasa and tsukushi and then the rest of F4. as much as i love hyd if they try to crank out a season 3....i doubt i'll be watching it
couldnt agree with u more..i prefer if they do a special instead of another season..
Yeah, I would mind a two hour special either...But freaking whole another season 3 would be bad for Hana Yori Dango. Like I said before if they went through with a new season then it would need to focus more on all the other F4 members with Rui possibly being the new lead in Season 3. They could focus on Rui falling in love with a new girl...It would be very original and cool of them to do if they where to go that route instead of the same old thing of Domyouji and Makino getting back together and breaking up again for another season...

With all that said I rather a Two hour Special of Hana Yori Dango then another season 3 :O

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Mar 11th, '07, 19:33

Grc733 wrote:
mizune wrote:
Wait wait Utada is getting divorced???? why she just got married, well not just but not too long ago..
Actually, she was married for like 4+ years....

Yeah, it's ironic that she sings wistfully about the flavors of life as she goes thru divorce.

I hope baskin robins doesn't come up with a divorce flavor?

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Mar 11th, '07, 19:34

auroragb wrote:
marie_23 wrote:
nalika wrote: ditto that....
Kiss Makino man!!!
Eh? Lesbian action? :lol
See it's just an almost-kiss (so far) and the fans are up in arms
Imagine if there were as many Tsukushi-Tsukasa kiss scenes as in manga, think about what the MatsuJun fans would do to Mao :lol
Hehehe :lol ...I have become a fan of Matsujun via his role of Domyouji ...and would rather see him kiss the girl who plays Makino then every other random girl that shows up in Hana Yori Dango.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Mar 11th, '07, 19:51

marie_23 wrote: Hehehe :lol ...I have become a fan of Matsujun via his role of Domyouji ...and would rather see him kiss the girl who plays Makino then every other random girl that shows up in Hana Yori Dango.
ah, that's because you're an enlightened MatsuJin fan. Also, it's probably more acceptable to you because you derived your MatsuJun fandom from HYD.

But imagine all the other Arashi fangirls. They might not be so forgiving. And they are legion

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Mar 11th, '07, 19:53

Hehehe ...I have become a fan of Matsujun via his role of Domyouji ...and would rather see him kiss the girl who plays Makino then every other random girl that shows up in Hana Yori Dango.
I`ve become a matsujun fan from exactly the same reason :lol even if in the 1st ep of the 1st season he was p|ssing me off! :lol he he this prooves that the first impression can be a wrong one :lol about a 3rd season in nov 2009 : that would be a huge mistake!they`ll lose a big part of thheir fans and i`m talking about the over 18 years old fans!i don`t think we`ll have time about this in 2 years from now :-(

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Mar 11th, '07, 20:10

lee`s little alien wrote: about a 3rd season in nov 2009 : that would be a huge mistake!they`ll lose a big part of thheir fans and i`m talking about the over 18 years old fans!i don`t think we`ll have time about this in 2 years from now :-(
I'm not really against or for a season 3. But, I think that a 3rd season in Nov of 2009 would be a year late. I think that Nov of 2008 would be as late as they can push it, but 2.5 years between seasons would be too long. By then the actors would really outgrow high school age, and teen angst is a major part of HYD appeal

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Mar 11th, '07, 20:17

auroragb wrote:
lee`s little alien wrote: about a 3rd season in nov 2009 : that would be a huge mistake!they`ll lose a big part of thheir fans and i`m talking about the over 18 years old fans!i don`t think we`ll have time about this in 2 years from now :-(
I'm not really against or for a season 3. But, I think that a 3rd season in Nov of 2009 would be a year late. I think that Nov of 2008 would be as late as they can push it, but 2.5 years between seasons would be too long. By then the actors would really outgrow high school age, and teen angst is a major part of HYD appeal
yup i said exactly the same thing (the actors getting too old for high-school roles) when i heard that they might do a 3rd season in 2009!i mean i would have no problem at all if they did it this year in november!it would be perfect for me!or even in the winter of 2008(i mean jan-febr 2008)but not later! :-(

anva91

Post by anva91 » Mar 11th, '07, 22:36

ok ok. so i realize ppl have been talking more about a possible season 3.

and yea AGREED. season 3 JUST MIGHT put hyd under the "skips from 1st-last episode" category.

plus the whole "oguri shun not wanting to do it". and after his VERY SEXY "stfu" appeal from the 10th ep id be PRETTY emo about him missing in a 3rd season.

buuuut aside from all those "2009" news WHAT ABOUT THE EPISODE ITSELF? (and finale) ?!?!!

Oh-em-gee is what im thinking. this episode did nothing but anger 90% of the teenage girl population and make umi the most hated girl on the planet (for the moment)

it was BAD enough when she went on dissing makino (whether she knew it or not) but she HAD to go and
KISSS THE DAMN GUY!

and that cookie scene POSSIBLY might be THE LONGEST scene this season. :sleeping:

also did anyone get the feeling that guy that complimented makino's necklace wanted to like steal it? lol :P

*sigh*. well all im gonna say is im VERY dissapointed by the route this show decided to take. i mean i KNOW the whole "tug of war love" between makino/doumiouji HAD to happen but GIVE US A BREAK!... :x

and honestly i ALREADY hate the finale. because even if there IS a happy ending and blah blah "doumiouji to the resuce/amnesia gone" thing happening, its only gonna happen at the last like 10min of the damn show. WTF? i watched 11 episodes to see 10min of m+d happiness?!!?....its not fair. i wanted to see them ACTUALLY AT LEAST give a nice SMOOTH ... maybe more ;]

last seasons "in the shadows" kiss in the last ep was hardly what you' call satysfying. :x

well im gonna still sit here and PRAYYYY that the last episode has ENOUGH m+D happiness along with PLENTY F4 sightings cuz we ALL KNOW those boys can NEVER have TOO much camera time :wub:

and oh yea.

umi can go to hell :-)

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 11th, '07, 23:04

its just like HYD when we watched the whole 9 ep just to get that 2-3 last minutes of dom x makino happiness. but i think, i love HYD the first season more that HYD2 because it was not as annoying as HYD2. the last 2 episods were all sweet and full of love between these two, even though you knew that they might not end up together.
but in HYD2, it seems like we just can't get a break from constant breaking up and getting back together and constant apprearance of girls who gets in btween these two.

by the way, is this erika toda thought carefully when she was accpeting the role. i mean, i think 100% of teenagers (the girls) hating her and maybe 50% of over 20's, does she really feels safe when she is walking in streets of tokyo alone. she could chose to act this role in any other drama but not in HYD because i think she should know by now how fans feel about dom and makino's relationship. she is really a brave girl. i liked her in nobuta (but only in last episodes) and she was kawaii in tatta hitotsu no koi.

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Mar 12th, '07, 03:28

Issy wrote:its just like HYD when we watched the whole 9 ep just to get that 2-3 last minutes of dom x makino happiness. but i think, i love HYD the first season more that HYD2 because it was not as annoying as HYD2. the last 2 episods were all sweet and full of love between these two, even though you knew that they might not end up together.
but in HYD2, it seems like we just can't get a break from constant breaking up and getting back together and constant apprearance of girls who gets in btween these two.

by the way, is this erika toda thought carefully when she was accpeting the role. i mean, i think 100% of teenagers (the girls) hating her and maybe 50% of over 20's, does she really feels safe when she is walking in streets of tokyo alone. she could chose to act this role in any other drama but not in HYD because i think she should know by now how fans feel about dom and makino's relationship. she is really a brave girl. i liked her in nobuta (but only in last episodes) and she was kawaii in tatta hitotsu no koi.
I know what you mean about HYD 1 it was such a good bitter sweet ending (I actually cried at the ending)...it bought the manga Hana Yori Dango more to life in my personal opinion. However, HYD 2 has it's many good points and stays sort true to the manga but the lack of camera time for Makino & Domyouji in the romantic department is driving me nuts :crazy: For some strange reason Hana Yori Dango season 2 reminds me of the korean drama Full House...If they can end HYD 2 in a happy similar style like they did with Full House I would be very happy :cheers:
Like someone posted earlier if they can at least in episode 11 let Makino & Domyouji be happy together it would make season 2 just as special as season 1 was for me
:-)

NiikuraKaoru

Post by NiikuraKaoru » Mar 12th, '07, 04:28

xD will there be a season 3?

j88zero

Post by j88zero » Mar 12th, '07, 04:38

why did this umi gurl have to come right at the end of the season, its sooo disapointing, now there going to have to wrap things up quickly for the final episode. soooo disapointing. i wish makino and domyouji can finally end up together in this season though

pinkstars

Post by pinkstars » Mar 12th, '07, 06:23

anva91
also did anyone get the feeling that guy that complimented makino's necklace wanted to like steal it? lol
i also thought of that after wtaching that scene..i was like :crazy:
why are you looking at makino's necklace? :cussing:
scary! :goggle:

Pandemonium

Post by Pandemonium » Mar 12th, '07, 07:52

j88zero wrote:why did this umi gurl have to come right at the end of the season, its sooo disapointing, now there going to have to wrap things up quickly for the final episode. soooo disapointing. i wish makino and domyouji can finally end up together in this season though
makes things interesting.
it happened in the first season anyway.

Andy_boo

Post by Andy_boo » Mar 12th, '07, 10:35

im a guy...and hating on umi...LOL

Cashmere

Post by Cashmere » Mar 12th, '07, 11:58

1. I hope that there won't be a third season, because the show is already on life support. Instead of a well thought out, consistent storyline, it seems like they couldn't make up their minds on what to include and not include. So they decided to throw everything in, but the kitchen sink.
2. The rain scence lacked an emotional punch for me. I guess I would have felt more if I'd had seen D & M as a couple - working through their differences, dealing with problems together, and Tsukushi starting to be more open emotionally with Tsukasa, instead of him always pouring his heart out to her. Then, if that had occurred before the rain scene, I would have felt more.
3. Umi is pure evil.

ayumi_tanggo

hopes for the better ends!

Post by ayumi_tanggo » Mar 12th, '07, 14:52

u know what guys... 8)
i think that rather we arguing about the bad or worse weather or not there suppose to have the third season,
let's just hopes for a GREAT endings this week that will satisfied all of us!!

what's important is not weather the DxM drama will be end,
but how's the ending will be!
hopes to be ends in a fancy ways...
:cheers: :cheers:

[and hope's u'll get what im tryin to say..]
:unsure:

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Mar 12th, '07, 14:59

pinkstars wrote:anva91
also did anyone get the feeling that guy that complimented makino's necklace wanted to like steal it? :lol
i also thought of that after wtaching that scene..i was like :crazy:
why are you looking at makino's necklace? :cussing:
scary! :goggle:
Yeah, everyone knows what men are really looking at when they notice a girl's necklace
boobs!! :lol

SummerMemories

Post by SummerMemories » Mar 12th, '07, 15:33

Okay, first off.
i hope sakurako and shigeru come and beat the crap out of umi for makino
second
i love this show but it seems like its dragging. i hope they move fast and get alot in the last episode.
And third
Does anyone know that in the event at the end of the final episode they say see ya soon, does that definitely mean there is a special or third season, like last season? or is that just like a thing in Japan?

Seraphixxed

Post by Seraphixxed » Mar 12th, '07, 15:55

I just watched ep.9, and though I agree that the rain scene wasn't too fantastic, I still bawled. Lol~ Got too caught up by the storyline I reckon.

Just out of curiosity, with all the talk in the forum about a 3rd season (and taking into account that I've never read the manga) is anyone else curious for a fluffy spin off of Yuki and Nishikado? I seem to be pulled towards them more and more as HYD2 gets angstier and angstier with Makino and Domyouji's relationship.

zinaa

Post by zinaa » Mar 12th, '07, 15:58

SummerMemories wrote:Okay, first off.
i hope sakurako and shigeru come and beat the crap out of umi for makino
second
i love this show but it seems like its dragging. i hope they move fast and get alot in the last episode.
And third
Does anyone know that in the event at the end of the final episode they say see ya soon, does that definitely mean there is a special or third season, like last season? or is that just like a thing in Japan?

first SummerMemories, u just said what was on my mind.... I want sakurako from S1 and shigeru from S2 to come and beat the crap out of her.... :cussing: :cussing: i think in the magna sakurako was there but in shigeru case only......

as if the end they put SEEYA soon... that means a special ep or another season..

gs56cb

Post by gs56cb » Mar 12th, '07, 16:52

lol i love Toda Erika , but I hate the Umi-chan she is. She is doing a good job being an annoying girl. Damn, she could have rejected Doumyouji at the end , but she didnt. lol. They are stupid, when are the people going to make Doumyouji and Tsukushi happy together. They better do somethiing great for the last episode, because I'm tired of all these obstacles. REally.

gs56cb

Post by gs56cb » Mar 12th, '07, 16:56

auroragb wrote:
Grc733 wrote:
mizune wrote: in which case, i'm glad i haven't been watching HYD2 b/c i am absolutely digging flavor of life... (ok, i've been under a rock lately and only just discovered it about a week ago, but i loved the lyrics to the song... and then i found out about the divorce from the paper yesterday, which was just... :fear:)
Wait wait Utada is getting divorced???? why she just got married, well not just but not too long ago..
Actually, she was married for like 4+ years....

Yeah, it's ironic that she sings wistfully about the flavors of life as she goes thru divorce.

I hope baskin robins doesn't come up with a divorce flavor?

Doesn't matter, the guy was like 17 years older than her. She was probably tired of his oldness. Move on, girl, yeah that's how you do it lol :lol

haruhi-san

Post by haruhi-san » Mar 12th, '07, 17:20

The last episode should end with him remembering her and wanting Tsukushi no matter what.

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Mar 12th, '07, 18:09

him remembering tsukushi won`t be enough for me! :mrgreen: that would just leave them as they were before he fell and hit his head :glare: i want something more! :-)

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Mar 12th, '07, 18:22

I think I found out why this thread is so slow now, all the Oguri fangurls are missing.

They went on a 60+ pg posting marathon over this weekend in the Oguri Shun thread and pushed into the 2nd place for the largest thread (displacing this thread) and starting to threaten YamaP's 500+ pages of pure posting dominance! :lol

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Mar 12th, '07, 19:38

that`s nice! :P i`m already aware of the fact that we can`t overcome yamapi`s topic anymore....there only one ep left and this place got quiet again! :-(

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Mar 12th, '07, 20:00

lee`s little alien wrote:that`s nice! :P i`m already aware of the fact that we can`t overcome yamapi`s topic anymore....there only one ep left and this place got quiet again! :-(
I kinda wished that they did the gushing here, they were mostly gushing about Rui in ep 10 anyway...

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Mar 12th, '07, 20:31

auroragb wrote:
lee`s little alien wrote:that`s nice! :P i`m already aware of the fact that we can`t overcome yamapi`s topic anymore....there only one ep left and this place got quiet again! :-(
I kinda wished that they did the gushing here, they were mostly gushing about Rui in ep 10 anyway...
:-( lol,ask them to cpy/paste everything on here :lol that would be a major help on getting this the most posted topic! :mrgreen:

Cashmere

Post by Cashmere » Mar 12th, '07, 21:47

auroragb wrote:
Well, Rui was great in that episode, so I can understand the gushing. [That's why I wish that this was the Rui that you saw at the beginning of this season, instead of the one pursuing Tsukushi.]

On a side note: People should watch "Summer Snow," because Ooguri Shun was pretty wonderful in it.

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 12th, '07, 22:06

hi minna
i have noticed that recently there is always talk about how much other threads are ahead and how many posts we are behind. seriously people, it is not about how many post is written in one thread and how many pages, it's about what actually being posted. i mean, you can feel this thread with so many meaningless spams and posts and then its get that thread with 1000 or even 10000 pages. but as long as we have fun and constructive talks with each other and everyone else enjoys being here and reading everyone's post, i think that what really does matter. i really don't mean to offend anyone, all i am saying that we just write in the thread that we love. no worries about other ones.
:lol

shui chan

Post by shui chan » Mar 12th, '07, 22:59

OMG! IT WAS THE BEST EPISODE OF THAT SEASON!!!~ :cheers: :cheers:
Just finished seeing it and I just feel like "give me some more!"
I hope that they will keep the atmosphere like that in the last ep! <3

and about what happend in ep 10
Arrg! That Umi chan!
But It was really the best ep in all the season.
Rui was great! and how tsukasa was to tsukushi and how she tried to make him remmber her! XD
It was so funny and it really felt to me like season1 was.. it was with that magic~
And I just love F4!~
But! the end! I was just like :goggle: how she dare to do somthing like that?! Arg!
And about next ep-
I read about the part with the snow and it was such a cute part!
And I don't want to bring bad luck and say that, but I fell that after all that happend and what I think is going to happend in next ep, it's not pasible that we will have a sad end.
I just fell like that!~
So I hope next ep is going to be as intresting as this was~
Hana yori dango last ep, here I coms =)

TsunamiBlues

Post by TsunamiBlues » Mar 12th, '07, 23:05

WHO HATES UMI-CHAN I HATE UMI CHAN, she is one fake, conniving butthead, and I am glad thar Rui see's through her stupid smiley face and puts her in her place, how dare she mess with DOMINO, she better get ready to be knocked down!!! I almost cried because of her, poor Makino, I hope in the finale, they don't take forever to show them get back together, because I want to see sweet moments btw DOMINO and SxY!!!!!!!

Rori

Post by Rori » Mar 12th, '07, 23:06

You know I just watched the preview for ep 11 again, and there's something I have to get off my chest.

Isn't it about time Tsukushi put her foot down? I swear, how many times has she had a girl come up to her to tell her that 'I love Tsukasa-Kun!' / 'I'm in love with Doumyouji' I'm referring to the bit where Umi says to her 'I like Tsukasa-Kun' I was like --> T____T when I saw it.

I mean no matter how many girls try to get close to him, in the end he will ALWAYS choose Tsukushi, but when it comes down to Tsukushi, she'll keep quiet, and not try to do anything. She just needs to tell Umi to f- off, but I don't think we'll be seeing that, as she's not that kinda girl. .___.'

And, grr, who the hell decided to invite her to Canada anyway? Herself? 'Umi wants to go Canada! =D' ¬_¬ Honestly, she came in, what? EPISODE 10.

and Rui. <333 I think you've become my favorite character. In ze preview,: 'that girl will never be better than Makino' I hope Umitard is in hearing range.

:cussing: *rant over*
DOMINO
:rofl: :rofl: .. that put me in a good mood.

gujjugal

Post by gujjugal » Mar 12th, '07, 23:10

a happy ending? :scratch:
there will probably be a happy ending, b/c htey are going to have the prom scene..and usually prom is associated w/happy times.
also in the manga, she dances with all of the hotties i F4!! *sigh, i wish i could be maochan..
lol.

:wub:

puti_chan

Post by puti_chan » Mar 13th, '07, 01:01

Anyone knows how many episodes left until it reaches the ending? 'Coz i don't want to watch HYD2 until i know the ending is exist . I'm a bit annoyed by curiousity :pale:, so i think i better not watch it until i know the ending available. But i was so entertained by your posting.... :thumright:
Attachments
A little gift for matsu-jun lover :wub:
A little gift for matsu-jun lover :wub:
jun_cartoon.jpg (12.18 KiB) Viewed 11484 times

Rori

Post by Rori » Mar 13th, '07, 01:02

This weeks episode is the last one.