[TwDrama] In Love With A Girl (TTV, 2004)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
habukie
AiRen
AiRen

[TwDrama] In Love With A Girl (TTV, 2004)

Post by habukie » Oct 1st, '06, 02:34

In Love With A Girl/Ai Shang Qian Jing Mei Mei
爱上千金美眉

[img]http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/183/ilwag13ad.jpg[/img][img]http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/9840/asqjmm2wd7.jpg[/img]

Cast:
Albee - Joe Chen Qiao En (member of 7Flowers) [My MVP Valentine, 100% Senorita, Prince Turns To Frog]
Ye Wei Zhe - Jason Hsu Meng Zhe (member of 5566) [My MVP Valentine, 100% Senorita, Westside Story]
Ou Wen Fang (Oprah) - Wang Li Ren
Justin - Huang Yu Rong (member of 183Club) [Prince Turns To Frog, Magicians Of Love]
Chen Qiao Ni (Nancy) - Zhang Yu Huang
Huang Bo Cheng - Tian Jia Da
Su Zhen Zhen - Zai Zai (former member of 7Flowers)
Cameo by 5566

Synopsis:
Albee (Chen Qiao En) is a pampered, high-class young lady who has never experienced any hardship in her life. On her birthday, just when she expects to be proposed to by her long-time boyfriend Bo Cheng (Tian Jia Da), her life is turned upside down. Her father is forced to flee the country and she finds herself without a father or home. Soon after she finds herself destitute, she reads in the tabloids that Bo Cheng and her best friend Zhen Zhen (Zai Zai) have been secretly seeing each other. To make matters worse, she is being followed by a paparazzo (Hsu Meng Zhe). What will Albee do?

My View: This is a heart-warming, feel good drama that isn't too deep or meaningful. It's a short drama (13 episodes when aired) and didn't have a high production value (non-SETTV :-) ). Don't go in expecting too much out of it and you will enjoy watching Joe and Jason together once again.

Merenge_5

Post by Merenge_5 » Oct 17th, '06, 11:16

Wow sounds interesting :-) has it already aired? Well It doesn't look like it's going to be subbed but it would be really nice:D the plot sounds good:D hopefully a romantic lovestory...but I can't watch it, because I wouldn't understand it :cry: yup yup anyways thanks for the info

jesus_christ

Post by jesus_christ » Oct 19th, '06, 08:14

i'm watching it on tv right now but i've missed a couple of eps at the start. call me stupid, but does anyone know where i can download this tv series? maybe i haven't looked thoroughly enough but i've done torrent searches of the chinese, pinyin, and english names of this tv series and i can't find anything.

j210

Post by j210 » Oct 19th, '06, 08:39

hab, where can we dl this? is there a torrent for this? thanks

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Oct 22nd, '06, 05:23

^^yup. i've posted the btchina link before in this post.

Merenge_5

Post by Merenge_5 » Oct 23rd, '06, 17:43

Is it also availabe on a clubbox? I'm just not able to dl through torrent...I think I'm 2 stupid for it :P

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Oct 25th, '06, 05:29

Merenge_5 wrote:Is it also availabe on a clubbox? I'm just not able to dl through torrent...I think I'm 2 stupid for it :P
sorry. since it's not that popular a series, i doubt you'll find it on a clubbox. maybe you could learn to use bt? :-)

tammiest

Post by tammiest » Feb 11th, '07, 03:37

Hmm... I've got just two episodes of this somewhere. I've been getting mine from eMule... there are only 13 episodes, too, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem :)

There's a big age gap between QE and MengZhe... was surprised when I first heard they had this drama together, but they look pretty compatible. Kind of like QE with YuRong, too (during promotions for this), :p

Merenge_5, in my opinion, BT is much easier to use than Clubbox, haha. Plus, isn't it that you can only download one thing at a time using Clubbox?

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Feb 11th, '07, 04:54

^^yes, you can only get one file at a time. but for some series it's worth it if the torrent isn't well-seeded or if you can't find a torrent for it. :-) unfortunately, this series is not very popular at all, so episodes are rare.

i never thought about the age difference. i guess i always wanted to see jason and joe end up together after two previous failures. i'm not a big YuRong fan, so i actually found him annoying in this, though he does do a pretty good job of portraying his character. :D

tammiest

Post by tammiest » Feb 11th, '07, 06:17

Haha... I am willing to admit that part of my putting down of Clubbox is more because it doesn't allow Mozilla Firefox users to access anything... and I've always had a problem with Internet Explorer, for some strange reason. But yeah, I know it's hands-down the best resource for Korean dramas for sure and a more secure service than eMule (which is what I use to get old Chinese stuff). But, on the other hand, I have also read that eMule will have more old files (with sources) than Clubbox, so...

See, the first time I ever saw ANY J-Star was after I bought WZBQW on a whim from YesAsia. I mean, I'd heard of 5566 before, but never paid any attention to them... now they are my favorite Taiwanese boyband :p Anyway, so that's why I paid more attention to the age gap, I think. Also, I think the same applies to my thing for YuRong... I thought he was great as DaWei, so...

Anyway, it's a pity this show doesn't get much recognition...

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Feb 11th, '07, 06:42

i agree. the firefox thing is annoying, but btchina doesn't work well on firefox either, so there are two good reasons for me to use IE. :-)

and i agree about the series as well. i think QiaoEn is a great actress, and this series, while low on plot & production value, is very cute. it's a good series overall. not to mention, there's a nice cameo by 5566. :roll i liked them a lot after watching My MVP Valentine for the first time, so i can relate to your story. i'm just surprised that 183Club isn't your favorite after WZBQW. :D

tammiest

Post by tammiest » Feb 11th, '07, 07:38

Oh, I've never used btchina before... ? I usually just go with IceFish and (Lord willing) YDY with my BitLord client.

Yeah, I used to be like, "FireFox? Psshh!" but then IE stopped working, so I was forced to switch to FireFox. It's really weird... I even recently (well, six months ago) got a new PC, and the IE on that computer doesn't work well, either... the load time for webpages is like four times FireFox. I actually almost suspect FireFox for doing something after installation :p j/k...

Yeah, I've already seen the first episode, so I know what you mean about the cameo by 5566 :) QE is my favorite Taiwanese actress (though I do love Ariel as well), so I basically try to find anything I can with her :p... which sadly is not that much, anyway.

Honestly, I think 183Club is more physically attractive than 5566 hands-down, but 5566's voices (and great songs) really just make me melt. RenFu and XieZhi = tammiest <3's. 183Club... love the WZBQW OST, but their other songs just weren't as consistently good as all those released by 5566... but that's just my own humble opinion. Plus, 5566 is hilarious... 183Club, maybe because of the image they've been given, is somewhat more serious most of the time.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Feb 11th, '07, 17:43

i'm a recent convert to FF as well, basically based on good stuff i heard from other people. and i really like the tabs function as well.

i love that cameo by 5566. it's really cute how they serenade her (without Jason, of course). i love QE as well (i think we established that pretty well in the MV/KTV thread :lol ), so i've tried to watch her series, too. i read that she had a bit part or cameo in some Philippines production. but i doubt we'll be able to find or understand that. :D

i definitely agree with you about the groups. RenFu and XieZhi have the best voices, but Jacky and YuRong aren't bad, either. and i just love RenFu and XieZhi in my favorite 5566 song, 我難過. when you posted that VCD quality MV, i just had to get it. i already had a LQ one, but that doesn't do it justice. :-) personally, though, my favorite out of the two groups is ShaoWei, and since he's in both, i guess i like them about equally.

tammiest

Post by tammiest » Feb 12th, '07, 01:41

Hey, "Wo Nan Guo" is definitely one of my top favorite 5566 songs as well!! Definitely in the top 3 (but then again, I like practically all their music... which is kind of rare, you know?). I was soo excited when I randomly found 5566's First Album (with MV VCD) for $7.50 at a random Chinese bookstore in Philadelphia this summer... I couldn't even find it on YesAsia for any price whatsoever, so I totally lucked out. :)

In terms of voices, YuRong's voice is actually too damp for my tastes. Plus, on an episode of Ai Shang 9:30, he sang pretty badly live... although everyone was still cheering him on. I was sad about that... because I loved YuRong as DaWei, so I was obviously rooting for him. (Do you like my faulty, nonsequitur logic?)

I think Jacky's voice is nice, but I couldn't put my finger quite on why it didn't impress me as much until an acquaintance over at AF voiced her opinion-- it's that his voice doesn't stand out well in 183Club... and the 183Club songs actually aren't the most flattering for his voice. His solo stuff is great, though.

Haha, maybe we should take our discussion to the PM system, as we don't really seem to be talking about this drama anymore. ^_^'

thina75

Post by thina75 » Mar 12th, '07, 08:59

Help needed , I really want to watch this series "In Love with a girl (Ai Shang Qian Jing Mei Mei) ". can't find here in Manila a copy of the series so I would like to download it. need help in seeding..Please anyone.... Thanks a lot

PS. anyone know where I can buy a copy ? tried yes asia and other site
:x :P :cheers: :scratch: :O :-(

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 12th, '07, 14:47

the link at btchina is in the Chinese Drama Torrent Delivery Service thread. check the master list on the first page. as for yesasia, it's available there in three versions: taiwan china
malaysia

thina75

Post by thina75 » Mar 13th, '07, 01:51

habukie wrote:the link at btchina is in the Chinese Drama Torrent Delivery Service thread. check the master list on the first page. as for yesasia, it's available there in three versions: taiwan china
malaysia

noted , thanks. I would like to buy locally ( manila ) if possible.. first so that it will be cheaper

thina75

Post by thina75 » Mar 14th, '07, 02:10

Guys , I'm currently downloading the IN LOVE WITH A RICH GIRL thru Torrent , so need seeders.. Thank you all for the help.

PS. anyone know where I can get local source ( Manila , Philippines ) of this series DVD , I still would like to buy. I'm afraid that if not local source , not compatible with my player and of course , more expensive..

:D :-) :-( :blink :| :cheers: :scratch:

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 21st, '07, 18:18

hi everyone. since QE is my favorite actress, and because i think this is a cute series, i'll be subbing this. the problem i've run into, though, is that i only have MQ (VCD-rip) raws for the first few episodes, and then for the rest of the the drama (about 2/3 of it) i only have LQ (TV-rip .rm/.rmvb) raws. that's what i have to work with, so please realize that the quality of the last 9 episodes will be of poorer quality.

here, i guess i'll show you what i mean. i tried to grab a screenshot of the same image (not too successfully) so you could see the difference. i think you can tell that the first is a lot clearer than the other two, and out of the bottom two, probably the first one has better video and audio quality.

this is an example of the MQ raw. these are examples of the LQ raws (i have two different versions for some episodes).

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 21st, '07, 23:36

sorry for the double post, but i wanted to announce that the first episode (with English hardsubs) has been released at this clubbox: http://clubbox.co.kr/TWworld

do NOT upload this file anywhere else, including streaming media, other clubboxes or torrents.

edit: here are some screencaps.

gReenButterfly

Post by gReenButterfly » Mar 23rd, '07, 02:42

Thank you so much.
I just have a question though...
How do I watch this? Do I have to download it?
The site that you posted up isn't in english and I don't understand it.
may I get a little help? Thank you for your hard work!

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 23rd, '07, 02:51

gReenButterfly wrote:Thank you so much.
you're welcome. :-)

for more info about how to use clubbox, go here to the official clubbox thread. under section 1, use jem's instructions to figure out the basics of what to click to download. also read section 2, to set up a ID/PW (you will need those to join the clubbox).

elysse

Post by elysse » Mar 23rd, '07, 03:22

first of all i want to say thank you for english subbing In love with a girl, i was able to watch this drama dubbed in tagalog and i must say i enjoyed this series thank you for english subbing this series :)

help me please i get this message whenever i try to download in love with a girl in this clubbox http://clubbox.co.kr/TWworld i supplied my username and my password after which i get this message what do i do?

파일에 대한 다운로드권한이 없습니다.
준회원 이상만 다운로드 하실 수 있습니다.

any help extended would be greatly apprecuated

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 23rd, '07, 04:24

hi elysse. you need to join the clubbox. :-) if you don't know where the button to join is, take a look at the heading information of the box...where it says drama heaven http://clubbox.co.kr/TWworld on a blue background. follow that line over to the right. you should see a downwards arrow (like ^ but pointing down). next to it are some korean words. click on those words. some popup boxes will appear. just click on the accept button for each, and you should be a member. i hope that was easy to understand. :D

gReenButterfly

Post by gReenButterfly » Mar 24th, '07, 00:14

habukie wrote:
gReenButterfly wrote:Thank you so much.
you're welcome. :-)

for more info about how to use clubbox, go here to the official clubbox thread. under section 1, use jem's instructions to figure out the basics of what to click to download. also read section 2, to set up a ID/PW (you will need those to join the clubbox).
Thanks! thank you so much...

cassiopea

Post by cassiopea » Mar 24th, '07, 00:39

Some time ago I heard about this series and I really wanted to see it. I love light and cute series. I am so excited that someone is subbing it! Thank you very much!

But I have a quick question. Are you only distributing the episodes through clubbox? I have a mac so I can't use clubbox. I could use the computer at work, but that's a lot of trouble and before I did that I wanted to make sure there wasn't an easier way for me to get it.

Thanks again, I'm looking forward to seeing it.

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Mar 24th, '07, 15:27

i suddenly realized that by those two pics on the first post, they look ilke each other LOL

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 24th, '07, 16:40

^^haha. well, i wouldn't say they look like each other, but they both have a pensive expression.

elysse

Post by elysse » Mar 25th, '07, 09:39

habukie wrote:hi elysse. you need to join the clubbox. :-) if you don't know where the button to join is, take a look at the heading information of the box...where it says drama heaven http://clubbox.co.kr/TWworld on a blue background. follow that line over to the right. you should see a downwards arrow (like ^ but pointing down). next to it are some korean words. click on those words. some popup boxes will appear. just click on the accept button for each, and you should be a member. i hope that was easy to understand. :D
thank you very very much for your help. i greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much for working on this series. :)

Airhead

Post by Airhead » Mar 29th, '07, 08:21

habukie wrote:sorry for the double post, but i wanted to announce that the first episode (with English hardsubs) has been released at this clubbox: http://clubbox.co.kr/TWworld
:thumright: nice begin, hope to see the end too :wink: :thumleft:

closet_queen

Post by closet_queen » Apr 1st, '07, 14:10

thank you so much for subbing this series!
i'm really interested in this one.
thanks again!

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Apr 16th, '07, 18:09

Just in case anyone wants to see the second eps of " in love with a girl". Eps 2 hardsubbed is available at our CB again. Just click on my sig.
To those who have problems to dl from CB either click on the picture on the pic of our CB to get instructions about how to dl from CB or patiently wait for the next eps until we release it here as torrent.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Apr 18th, '07, 15:29

hi everyone. i'm sorry to report that the second episode of ASQJMM (In Love With A Girl) will be delayed for its release on torrent. you can read here for more info. since it's out on clubbox already, i will leave it there.

oink_joe

Post by oink_joe » Apr 23rd, '07, 01:14

omg. this was like the worst drama I've ever seen! (don't mean to offend anyone here)

qiao en shouldn't waste her time doing another drama like this!! such a waste of time..my time.. I was so excited to rent it bec. it's qiao en and i loved her in PTIF.. but then..it was a huge disappointment.. i wasn't even able to finish the entire series!

thina75

Post by thina75 » Apr 24th, '07, 01:50

This series was made in 2004 so I find it a good one. comparing it to Prince Turns To Frog , Qiao En improved a lot since 2004. of course , I love her with Ming Dao so I Love PTF more than ASQJMM but considering it was made in 2004 , I would rate it as a very good series at that time. I don't think it's a worst drama co'z I seen a lot worst.....

:cheers: :-) :P :glare: :O :blink :unsure: :roll 8) :lol :salut: :scratch:

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Apr 24th, '07, 02:02

^^obviously, i agree with thina75. :D i think to get perspective you have to have seen her dramas in order...going back all the way to lavender, then mvp then 100% senorita. then you can see the progression of her acting. also, you can see just how many times she's been paired up with jason. for those who've seen the three dramas with the two of them in it, this was almost like a dream come true to see them in the two lead roles (and hopefully) to end up together... also, you have to consider that this drama had a much lower production value than others she has been in. if you see PTF first, it skews things a little. and i'm not saying your opinion is wrong, everyone is entitled to their own opinions on dramas. there are some that i can't even make through one episode, but other people love.

bluebubblesblue

Post by bluebubblesblue » May 20th, '07, 12:54

hey does anyone have all the songs that r used on the show? they used some pretty good songs but i cant seem to find anywhere to download them and there isnt an ost for this show...

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Jun 9th, '07, 15:28

bluebubblesblue wrote:hey does anyone have all the songs that r used on the show? they used some pretty good songs but i cant seem to find anywhere to download them and there isnt an ost for this show...
i have the songs... :-) i will be making a torrent for them as well as uploading them to the TWdrama clubbox.

Kimandtmf

Post by Kimandtmf » Jun 19th, '07, 15:34

thank you so much for subbing "in love with a rich girl" i'm really happy to see qiao en & jason end up together (at last!!!!!!!)
thanks for make torrent as well :) (can't use clubbox even with the instructions)
:roll

thanks again :wub: