[Discussion] Hana Yori Dango Season 2

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Mar 18th, '07, 18:26

Yeah , I just saw that. I love the orchestrated verison. It should be on season 2's ost.

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 18th, '07, 18:29

But even Love So Sweet isn't in the track list . :cry: Ah...we'll see...>_>

Gorahgurl

Post by Gorahgurl » Mar 18th, '07, 18:31

I don't think the dorama themes are ever on the OST, only instrumental/piano/etc. versions of them.

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 18th, '07, 18:32

No, TV sizes are usually included. But I don't really know...eh...

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Mar 18th, '07, 18:36

well , i already have all the regular songs from buying arashi cds. I do with that the orchestrated version is on the next ost. Or they release a best of tracks or some such bussiness.
We will have to wait and see when it comes out.

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 18th, '07, 18:42

If the orchestrated version will come out it won't come under an Arashi album. At least I don't think so. Everyone has Love So Sweet and Flavor of Life singles already anyways.

But nobody has any of the OST...sigh. ~_~

tanuki-san

Post by tanuki-san » Mar 18th, '07, 18:44

I just finished ep 11 I got from arashi.vox. Who subbed that? I have to give them kudos for the "Thanks for supporting Jun and his fruity walk" and "Buy the DVD even though it costs an arm and a leg" at the end. That made me laugh so hard.

Oh, and is someone willing to post spoilers (hidden of course) for how the manga ended. I'm curious now that I've heard so much about it.

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 18th, '07, 19:03

The lovely girl who runs arashi.vox subs them. :lol All by herself, too, I think.
She has so many lovely pictures up right now. XD <3

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Mar 18th, '07, 19:10

Jun does have a rather fruity walk at all times. ( Hence Kitta Daijoubu pv )

Rori

Post by Rori » Mar 18th, '07, 19:15

tanuki-san wrote:I just finished ep 11 I got from arashi.vox. Who subbed that? I have to give them kudos for the "Thanks for supporting Jun and his fruity walk" and "Buy the DVD even though it costs an arm and a leg" at the end. That made me laugh so hard.

Oh, and is someone willing to post spoilers (hidden of course) for how the manga ended. I'm curious now that I've heard so much about it.
manga ending:
Domyouji told Makino he would give up the Domyouji family.
His dad collapsed, he decides he won't give it up, because he has to go off to NY for four years.
At the end is the prom where Makinos late, she dances with all the F4, and Domyouji comes.
She tells him when he comes back to get her (in four years) she will definitely make him happy.
Domyoujis all like is that a deceleration of war? I accept.

And that's how it ended.
And thats how the Drama ending PWNED the manga ending. :P

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 18th, '07, 19:16

But I like his walk! :lol It's cute.

Gorahgurl

Post by Gorahgurl » Mar 18th, '07, 19:22

Me too!

Jun's walk is cute. =3 -hugs her Jun-

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Mar 18th, '07, 19:25

Oh! I love his walk to. It's his darn cowboy boots that do it. XD Either way , haha , it's an ammusing walk. X3
I feel like we should be in the Jun Matsumoto thread with this. XD

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 18th, '07, 19:42

:lol
I think especially in HYD he had to walk like that to show like is all-mighty attitude...since he isn't that big in size the only way he can convey his 'greatness' would to have some kind of strut...I guess...XD

yes, MatsuJun thread needs more love! -waves advertisement flag- :D

wnndy

Post by wnndy » Mar 18th, '07, 19:42

Rori wrote:
tanuki-san wrote:I just finished ep 11 I got from arashi.vox. Who subbed that? I have to give them kudos for the "Thanks for supporting Jun and his fruity walk" and "Buy the DVD even though it costs an arm and a leg" at the end. That made me laugh so hard.

manga ending:
His dad collapsed, he decides he won't give it up, because he has to go off to NY for four years.
At the end is the prom where Makinos late, she dances with all the F4, and Domyouji comes.
She tells him when he comes back to get her (in four years) she will definitely make him happy.

And that's how it ended.
seriously was this the manga ending?? omgoshh..i'm so happy the drama had another ending..the drama ending REALLY PWNED the mangaending xD..

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Mar 18th, '07, 19:54

wnndy wrote:
Rori wrote:

manga ending:

And that's how it ended.
seriously was this the manga ending?? omgoshh..i'm so happy the drama had another ending..the drama ending REALLY PWNED the mangaending xD..
I prefer the way the drama end too versus the way the manga ended.

mcg

Post by mcg » Mar 18th, '07, 20:04

Yes, but that manga ending was more like 1st season ending. This one matches better the one shot, although that One shot is not an ending at all:
Tsukasa sees Makino after a year appart at Shizuka's wedding. He has known recently that Makino and Rui have a strong relationship (as friends), Makino has been considering to work in order to help her family, but Dom tells her he won't trust her, so he has decided she'll be studying in Eeitoku's University (in season 2 she decides that by herself), Dom's gonna pay for her tuition, Makino has already been half accepted by Kaede (a similar situation like the Old man and that company saving Dom's group happens several chapters before the end, when Makino goes to NY to see Tsukasa, same as the first episodes of Season2).

So in the One shot we come to know that their loves has grown stronger, they keep contact all the time (not like this season tho), and Dom tells her that he's getting more busy with the Company.

I think that this Season 2 has been a mixture of the old situations in the manga and what could it be after this One shot. That's why I would like to see the end of the manga after the One shot of last Summer.

Well, here's the link to the last conclusions I made before the end of Season 2:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... htm#666989

Is about how they had pursued the original story in both seasons, and which stuff I considered that was giving us hints to a possible second part of the manga.

SummerMemories

Post by SummerMemories » Mar 18th, '07, 20:18

hey, anyone wanna brainstorm cool ideas for a 3rd season? not to get off topic or anything....

i was just thinkin how many things they could make a story out of for the season:

1) finally find out the domyouji secret!?!?! where tsukasa's dad is, what happens to his mom (will she ever like makino; i was thinkin of a scene where her and makino could go shoppin and makino would torture her with clothes and things. that would be very funny!)

2) see makino start law school and see domyouji start his position as president!!!!

3) shigeru needs to be in it! she just makes me happy seeing her!

4) yuuki and nishkado-san finally get together

5) have some comic relief with the dango store manager! love her....

6) mimasaka finds love

7) makino's brother begins etoku!

8) Makino and tsukasa get married! how cute, they would prob have to before he became president or something to that nature

9) some problem arises. even though i wouldnt want it too....i like the way things are now

10) maybe once or twice they could come to NY again and we could go see them film scenes

sorry, but this is just my wishful thinking. as much as i think hyd should end, i cant let go.....

babyviolet

Post by babyviolet » Mar 18th, '07, 20:21

foofeh wrote:But I like his walk! :lol It's cute.
I like the way he walks too coz it's kinda reminds me the way takuya kimura walks.

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 18th, '07, 20:24

babyviolet wrote:
foofeh wrote:But I like his walk! :lol It's cute.
I like the way he walks too coz it's kinda reminds me the way takuya kimura walks.
Hehe. :lol :heart:

Those are good ideas but I would prefer it be in a special rather than an entire new season...that just wouldn't make sense.

anva91

Post by anva91 » Mar 18th, '07, 20:36

i think...this is the happiest ive been all year. like REALLY TRULY

last episode...was somehwat BEYOND amazing.

i *almost* fell of my chair about 45765893476 times. and if i had to express my happiness in scrams then all my windows would be broken.

thank thank THANK the producers, directors, WHOEVERS...because this ending was perfect.

and i think it was iin the best intention that they chose this ending vs. manga. becuase they MIGHT have beeb like trampled and beaten by whordes of hyd fan mobs.

but yea... wowowowowowowowowo :cheers:

i wish i had a friend who likd hyd too. lol. i like wanna only talk about it right now

i was PRETTY surre
that tsukasa had a HUGE surprise proposal hidden behind that darkness and wow was it more amazing than i ever expected! all those people and how he grabbed her and just AWWWW. it was like *stars in eyes* moment. i ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT. and ripping my hair out for 10 episodes prior to all this was SO totally worth it :]
and i think its great the way it is now. no specials or anythings because i think most of us can predict whats gonna happen to everyone and how its gonna be played out :]

but yea conclusion of my WAY TOO LONG post: HYD IS THE BOMB

FAVE DRAMA. no doubt. actors:fabulous AND gorgeous
storyline: the perfect modern fairytale

ending: JUST RIGHT <333

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Mar 18th, '07, 20:44

@ summer memories a possible problem would be tsukushi getting pregnant and not knowing how to drop the"news"...overhearing tsukasa telling someone how he doesn`t want babies at that moment(but of course that would be somekind of a misunderstanding :lol )---->but everything would end happy and two gorgeous,lovely babies would be born(i stick to my idea of tsukasa and tsukushi having twins :lol ) on the rest of the ideas i do agree with u :P
about the medicine thing,
i think that that cabin was a shelter for those that got caught in the blizzard so the medicines were there just in case those that were caught by the storm needed them...and it would be logical not to search for them there first cos when u`ve got to find two people lost in a storm like that u don`t go where u think they`ll be safe.....u go where u know that they could face some danger....so it`s normal that they got to the cabin searching for them the next morning :P
Last edited by lee`s little alien on Mar 18th, '07, 20:54, edited 1 time in total.

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 18th, '07, 20:51

Oh, I see. That makes sense. :D Thanks for explaining.

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Mar 18th, '07, 20:57

glad i could help :P but the umi thing beats me :lol :lol :lol :lol maybe she was in the neighbourhood?!?and when she saw that tsukushi was in trouble she decided to wash her sins? :lol

timmynugget

Post by timmynugget » Mar 18th, '07, 21:10

That was a great ending if you asked me.

Though, I want a sequel but yet I don't want a sequel... i don't know.

Anyways, I started get teary-eyed at the end... it was just sooo happy!!! ( I LOVE happy endings...)

BxLibra

Post by BxLibra » Mar 18th, '07, 21:17

lee`s little alien wrote:@ summer memories a possible problem would be tsukushi getting pregnant and not knowing how to drop the"news"...overhearing tsukasa telling someone how he doesn`t want babies at that moment(but of course that would be somekind of a misunderstanding :lol )---->but everything would end happy and two gorgeous,lovely babies would be born(i stick to my idea of tsukasa and tsukushi having twins :lol ) on the rest of the ideas i do agree with u :P
i think that that cabin was a shelter for those that got caught in the blizzard so the medicines were there just in case those that were caught by the storm needed them...and it would be logical not to search for them there first cos when u`ve got to find two people lost in a storm like that u don`t go where u think they`ll be safe.....u go where u know that they could face some danger....so it`s normal that they got to the cabin searching for them the next morning :P
its funny cause
the meds she gave to him in the cabin are for menstrual pain including headaches and fevers just like in the first season

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Mar 18th, '07, 21:19

BxLibra wrote:
lee`s little alien wrote:@ summer memories a possible problem would be tsukushi getting pregnant and not knowing how to drop the"news"...overhearing tsukasa telling someone how he doesn`t want babies at that moment(but of course that would be somekind of a misunderstanding :lol )---->but everything would end happy and two gorgeous,lovely babies would be born(i stick to my idea of tsukasa and tsukushi having twins :lol ) on the rest of the ideas i do agree with u :P
its funny cause
the meds she gave to him in the cabin are for menstrual pain including headaches and fevers just like in the first season
I died when I saw that box , I was like..haha , it's the same painkiller. XD I was like , it's unlikely ,but I would me ammused if it were the same box. ( I know that I can't be , but it would be ammusing )

tanuki-san

Post by tanuki-san » Mar 18th, '07, 21:23

Okay thanks, the dorama ending totally pwnd the manga ending for sure. The manga left things open too much. I NEED CLOSURE.

Maki Froggeh

Post by Maki Froggeh » Mar 18th, '07, 21:32

Heya, I made 2 avatars on the last epi <3.

[img]http://i17.tinypic.com/2ibcnyr.png[/img]
[img]http://i15.tinypic.com/2gtsrch.png[/img]

take them if you like them <3 !

babyviolet

Post by babyviolet » Mar 18th, '07, 21:45

Onichu wrote:Whoaa it really was a great ending! I didn't cry (it would be a shame for a boy :P ) but it really upset me. I'm happy to see Makino and Domyoji found a way to be together...and that everybody is accepting this! Haa..if life could be this way.
But I wish makino would be coming wearing the red dress . . .

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Mar 18th, '07, 21:47

babyviolet wrote:
Onichu wrote:Whoaa it really was a great ending! I didn't cry (it would be a shame for a boy :P ) but it really upset me. I'm happy to see Makino and Domyoji found a way to be together...and that everybody is accepting this! Haa..if life could be this way.
But I wish makino would be coming wearing the red dress . . .
I was hoping she wore the dress too. =x I bet Tsukasa thought the same. ><
The dress would have been so much prettier strapless. imo.

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 18th, '07, 22:19

It was really....poofy. :lol But I also think it would have looked better strapless.

mcg

Post by mcg » Mar 18th, '07, 22:25

At least the prom dress didn't got ripped by her mom like happened in the manga, she can still wear it.

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 18th, '07, 22:32

:O
She did that in the manga?!
How horrible.
Thank god the drama wasn't like that! ><;

xkawaiix

Post by xkawaiix » Mar 18th, '07, 22:32

awww.....:( i am gonna miss hanadan!!!! i loved the ending :wub: every girls dream!!!! :wub:

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Mar 18th, '07, 22:44

xkawaiix wrote:awww.....:( i am gonna miss hanadan!!!! i loved the ending :wub: every girls dream!!!! :wub:
Me too. ;_;

mcg

Post by mcg » Mar 18th, '07, 23:18

foofeh wrote::O
She did that in the manga?!
How horrible.
Thank god the drama wasn't like that! ><;
Yes her mum tried the dress while Tsukushi was out, and when she surpised her mother, she had already ripped it on the back by trying it herself. I wanted to kill her mum at that moment. :x

SummerMemories

Post by SummerMemories » Mar 18th, '07, 23:44

i love the idea but is that a bit toooooo, ya kno for japanese dramas? i wouldnt want it to look like they were being bad in anyway. thats one reason i like the show, because its so clean and refreshing from what i usually am forced to watch on american tv

najimta

Post by najimta » Mar 19th, '07, 00:36

SummerMemories wrote:
i love the idea but is that a bit toooooo, ya kno for japanese dramas? i wouldnt want it to look like they were being bad in anyway. thats one reason i like the show, because its so clean and refreshing from what i usually am forced to watch on american tv
i thnk all the F4 should get married and have another batch of F4's :D
and yea. american tv is a bit nasty.

phramc

Post by phramc » Mar 19th, '07, 00:41

I was bawling so hard at the end. I can't believe it's over. I'm going through post hana yori dango depression at the moment. It was an excellent ending, absolutely perfect!! I'm going to miss freaking out every Friday because HYD is out but that's what reruns are for.

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Mar 19th, '07, 00:45

najimta wrote:
SummerMemories wrote:
i thnk all the F4 should get married and have another batch of F4's :D
and yea. american tv is a bit nasty.
I would not really say that American tv is nasty. As it is more real. I do like the fresh love story that comes with alot of J-TV/Asian TV shows though. As much as I looooove HYD it is far fetched for a real life story. American tv shows just have a slightly more real edge that's all.

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Mar 19th, '07, 01:10

HYD Finale 27.6%

x_sushi_o

Post by x_sushi_o » Mar 19th, '07, 01:13

8thSin wrote:HYD Finale 27.6%
yay!!!!! it wasn't 30% but its pretty good ^^ whooooooot go hanadan!!!

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Mar 19th, '07, 01:16

8thSin wrote:HYD Finale 27.6%
It's not as high as I thought it would be , but it's still pretty good. =0

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 19th, '07, 01:17

:w00t: 27.6%?! Wow!!! Go HYD hehe!! <33 They totally deserve these high ratings!

When I compare American dramas with asian ones...err...I would say they're kinda more innocent? I mean I haven't watched that many american ones but Desperate Housewives and Ugly Betty (I think that's what it's called?)...don't they revolve a lot around sex and stuff? In like, HYD, it's about innocent love...but then again it's not that realistic...eh... :sweat: -not sure how to say it-

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Mar 19th, '07, 01:21

foofeh wrote::w00t: 27.6%?! Wow!!! Go HYD hehe!! <33 They totally deserve these high ratings!

When I compare American dramas with asian ones...err...I would say they're kinda more innocent? I mean I haven't watched that many american ones but Desperate Housewives and Ugly Betty (I think that's what it's called?)...don't they revolve a lot around sex and stuff? In like, HYD, it's about innocent love...but then again it's not that realistic...eh... :sweat: -not sure how to say it-
I've never seen desperate housewives or Ugly Betty. I mainly Only watch , HOUSE , ER , Psych , and Monk. 24 is pretty good , and alot of people like CSI. I guess the ones I watch don't revolve around sex. esp House and Monk and Psych , House is a dark comedy drama , Monk is a drama comedy , and Psych is a comedy.

I'm not sure what exactly terms a comedy by U.S standards. I do understand what you mean by innocent , your right , which is refreshing to real life situations.

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 19th, '07, 01:26

Archaenon wrote:
foofeh wrote::w00t: 27.6%?! Wow!!! Go HYD hehe!! <33 They totally deserve these high ratings!

I've never seen desperate housewives or Ugly Betty. I mainly Only watch , HOUSE , ER , Psych , and Monk. 24 is pretty good , and alot of people like CSI. I guess the ones I watch don't revolve around sex. esp House and Monk and Psych , House is a dark comedy drama , Monk is a drama comedy , and Psych is a comedy.

I'm not sure what exactly terms a comedy by U.S standards. I do understand what you mean by innocent , your right , which is refreshing to real life situations.
Ahh yeah I didn't want to generalize because I knew there were other genres. ^_^;; Comedies sound really nice, maybe I should watch some someday (-has cable but never used it :lol-).

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Mar 19th, '07, 01:32

5.7% increase is a VERY respectable jump for a finale. (not starring Kimutaku)
Although it is a sequel...

I was expecting something like 25% :lol

Something-Diabolical

Post by Something-Diabolical » Mar 19th, '07, 01:40

phramc wrote:I was bawling so hard at the end. I can't believe it's over. I'm going through post hana yori dango depression at the moment. It was an excellent ending, absolutely perfect!! I'm going to miss freaking out every Friday because HYD is out but that's what reruns are for.
:pale: I wish they had some type of quick fix for phydd !! :cry:

janna25

Post by janna25 » Mar 19th, '07, 02:38

omg...i can't believe it's over!!!~ The ending was so cute ^______________^ ~<3
I just think the ending wrapped up pretty quickly~
I wish we could see Makino and Tsukasa happy for one whole episode...with them happily married or something hahaha j/k~

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm gonna miss waiting for Fridays and reading everyone's posts~

angeizahoy

Post by angeizahoy » Mar 19th, '07, 02:43

[quote="janna25"]
I wish we could see Makino and Tsukasa happy for one whole episode...with them happily married or something hahaha j/k~/quote]

agreed. just ONE episode will make me happy. i was SO ecstatic when Domyouji and Makino held hands at the airport. of course, my happiness dispersed in about 2 seconds, when the moment was ruined. =(

janna25

Post by janna25 » Mar 19th, '07, 02:55

wallflower wrote: Oh, and on the last episode,
Didn't that girl at the end who Rui gave his violin to look a lot like Makino? Well, not a lot, but she resembled her a lot. Or is that just me? lol
lol yeah...at first I thought it was her, but then I noticed how short she was compared to him ^________^<3

phramc

Post by phramc » Mar 19th, '07, 03:06

I know seriously I need to invent a phydd medecine.

I must say I enjoy asian dramas a lot more than american shows. Instead of the normal grossness, swearing, sex every 2 seconds we get funny entertainment. Not saying I don't like american tv shows, believe me I'm all over house, numbers, scrubs but it's just nice to not be absorbed in realism.

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Mar 19th, '07, 03:15

Can I have some of that when it's made.
I'm seriously re-watching season 1 atm. D:

kiki

Post by kiki » Mar 19th, '07, 03:18

i watch desperate housewife for one time and got confuse. turn off, kind bore me out. american drama tend to drag thing out so much that they don't have anything to talk about anymore. five season of it. so bore when they end. so i like asian where i know it short and tend to end faster.

ilovehyd

Post by ilovehyd » Mar 19th, '07, 03:27

I want a third season.
< 3

ilovehyd

Post by ilovehyd » Mar 19th, '07, 03:29

I loved the ending of the finale.
Like, when she pulled him to her, and kissed him.
That was SO cute.
It replayed in my mind so many times.
It was the first thing I thought of when I woke up.
Kinda weird. :)

phramc

Post by phramc » Mar 19th, '07, 03:35

I'm definately re watching it. It won't be as torcherous now. haha this whole season has kept me aggrivated, happy, sad, in tears, and extremely angry. It's been amazing. I would go to school after an episode (especially 10) and my friends would be like "what's wrong" and I'd say "SHE KISSED HIM THE STUPID @#$%!$#" or various other things. My life during hyd was awesome, totally one of the coolest jdramas.

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Mar 19th, '07, 03:51

I think it's been agreed upon , that there should not be a season 3 , the show ended too perfect to have another season ruin it. Maybe a special. Not a another season though.

=x

Yes...a wedding special. would make me happy.

Pandemonium

Post by Pandemonium » Mar 19th, '07, 03:58

haha, i'm going for a completel HYD marathon for the holidays.
anime , manga , drama in one week tops.

belleza

Post by belleza » Mar 19th, '07, 04:02

Also, with a rating of 27.6 and 2nd to Karei this season, it's the 10th highest rated finale since 2000, and at least the 5th highest rated finale not starring Takuya Kimura.

Ah, that story finale was beautiful, beautiful. With Episode 10, the writers made a great move by giving us, once again, the old Makino and Doumoyji. The amnesia arc did what it intended to in the manga -- but more succintly and successfully here -- that is to rekindle what made M+D the most famous romantic couple in shoujo. His pride, her prejudice, their endearingly volatile but enduring bond.

If Episode 10 was about bringing back Makino's old school weed-power, Episode 11 was about bringing back Doumyoji's wild fire. It's about reminding them -- and us -- that when it comes to love, the weight of the memories and baggage are not as important as the basic natures of two people. It's what both people forgot this year before Doumyoji forgot. And it's what they finally remember in Episode 11. They've changed; they are still the same. And I'm happy that through episodes 10-11, they established Rui as the caretaker of M+D's relationship, true to the manga.

Just some non-spoiler-ish thoughts:

1) The prom ending was more about the Hana Yori Dango fans and the firepower ratings it generated this season. The raw spectacle was the show telling the fans "thank you" and saluting the performances between Matsumoto Jun and Inoue Mao. Make no mistake -- that whole scene was dedicated to them as much as to the characters Doumoyji and Makino.

2) I felt such complete closure this time. The first season was about requited love and hope, and also about uncertainty and the strength of love against the unknown. It was about letting them go, like parents watching their children go to college, worrying and wondering how they will and could be. And, mind you, the manga ended with that feeling too.

This 2nd season was about full circles, about 2nd chances, about magic and loss, and then rekindling. And above all, it's about how people grow up and become realistic about themselves and each other, and yet a force beyond ourselves -- the promise of the Saturn Necklace -- will bring and keep you and your true love together. Again and again. No matter what. No matter how. You will return to each other. You two will change now and change in the future, but your bond will be the same, And in that way, you two will remain the same.

3) If first season was really Doumyoji's story, he discovering his humanity through love of Makino. 2nd season was Makino's story, to finally put faith and honesty into love above the practical reality of their relationship. 2nd season finally answers the pride vs. prejudice, sense vs. sensibility, "boys over flowers" conundrum. Doumyoji and Makino finally learn to be true to each other; they realize, finally, this will become the inviolable lock of their Saturnian bond.

4) Let's face it -- second season was also about JunMao taking over the roles. At various points in the finale, both actors really stepped out of their characters and started to interact with other as friends, if not more. You saw a casualness, an easy, genuine intimacy between the two people that we didn't see last year, and we rarely see in J-drama shows. Many of their cutesy scenes together played like improvisation, and their prom scene really played true to that.

5) Inoue Mao looked gorgeous in the cabin scene. Perfect dark setting, hair, and watery eye bits. Some of her reaction shots for this episode is about as good a J-drama usually gets.

6) Doumyoji still knows how to wear loud, loud outfits. Yikes dude, you forgot Makino but not your aluminum foil suit collection? Yeesh

7) We're on page 500! Salutation to you guys making this the most active drama (if not actor) thread in D-addicts. Hope to see you guys in the future in some of the other threads (*ahem* Proposal Dakuisen *ahem* Bambino *ahem*)

itssmojojojo

Post by itssmojojojo » Mar 19th, '07, 04:02

500 pages!! this is crazyy! :blink :roll

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Mar 19th, '07, 04:12

@belleza: accckk... i loved your summary of the whole season! it's really touching!!! T_T and your words are beautiful haha! especially with the junxmao thing! aaahhh... thanks!!!!

i wished someone screencapped the whole cabin scene, prom, and kiss scene hahaha!

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Mar 19th, '07, 04:18

Omg , Belleza , that was the best summary of this series yet.

I loved Jun/Mao's additude twoards this season so much more. Which made me love thier characters so much more. It was so well done this time , and you can tell that the whole cast enjoyed this season much more because the acting was more genuine.
It was amazing.

All in all , one of the best J-dramas ever. I don't think I can tired of it , not by a long shot. I can re-watch ep 11 over and over again. It trumps the Manga and the Anime for me. setting itseld apart from both and finding closure in what the Anime and Manga could not do.

I hope in the future Jun/Mao can do something else together , I loved thier on screen chemistry. HYD will be my top drama for years to come.

WE MADE IT 500!!!!!!!
oh , and yes , I'll be on the Bambino thread soon. =o I just need to get over my HYD addiction/ heartbreak at the shows end for right now. D:

I will celebrate the show with a playing of : 嵐 – Love so sweet(オリジナル・カラオケ)

biniBningPunkista

2nd season was so good!

Post by biniBningPunkista » Mar 19th, '07, 04:41

belleza wrote:Also, with a rating of 27.6 and 2nd to Karei this season, it's the 10th highest rated finale since 2000, and at least the 5th highest rated finale not starring Takuya Kimura.

Ah, that story finale was beautiful, beautiful. With Episode 10, the writers made a great move by giving us, once again, the old Makino and Doumoyji. The amnesia arc did what it intended to in the manga -- but more succintly and successfully here -- that is to rekindle what made M+D the most famous romantic couple in shoujo. His pride, her prejudice, their endearingly volatile but enduring bond.

If Episode 10 was about bringing back Makino's old school weed-power, Episode 11 was about bringing back Doumyoji's wild fire. It's about reminding them -- and us -- that when it comes to love, the weight of the memories and baggage are not as important as the basic natures of two people. It's what both people forgot this year before Doumyoji forgot. And it's what they finally remember in Episode 11. They've changed; they are still the same. And I'm happy that through episodes 10-11, they established Rui as the caretaker of M+D's relationship, true to the manga.

Just some non-spoiler-ish thoughts:

1) The prom ending was more about the Hana Yori Dango fans and the firepower ratings it generated this season. The raw spectacle was the show telling the fans "thank you" and saluting the performances between Matsumoto Jun and Inoue Mao. Make no mistake -- that whole scene was dedicated to them as much as to the characters Doumoyji and Makino.

2) I felt such complete closure this time. The first season was about requited love and hope, and also about uncertainty and the strength of love against the unknown. It was about letting them go, like parents watching their children go to college, worrying and wondering how they will and could be. And, mind you, the manga ended with that feeling too.

This 2nd season was about full circles, about 2nd chances, about magic and loss, and then rekindling. And above all, it's about how people grow up and become realistic about themselves and each other, and yet a force beyond ourselves -- the promise of the Saturn Necklace -- will bring and keep you and your true love together. Again and again. No matter what. No matter how. You will return to each other. You two will change now and change in the future, but your bond will be the same, And in that way, you two will remain the same.

3) If first season was really Doumyoji's story, he discovering his humanity through love of Makino. 2nd season was Makino's story, to finally put faith and honesty into love above the practical reality of their relationship. 2nd season finally answers the pride vs. prejudice, sense vs. sensibility, "boys over flowers" conundrum. Doumyoji and Makino finally learn to be true to each other; they realize, finally, this will become the inviolable lock of their Saturnian bond.

4) Let's face it -- second season was also about JunMao taking over the roles. At various points in the finale, both actors really stepped out of their characters and started to interact with other as friends, if not more. You saw a casualness, an easy, genuine intimacy between the two people that we didn't see last year, and we rarely see in J-drama shows. Many of their cutesy scenes together played like improvisation, and their prom scene really played true to that.

5) Inoue Mao looked gorgeous in the cabin scene. Perfect dark setting, hair, and watery eye bits. Some of her reaction shots for this episode is about as good a J-drama usually gets.

6) Doumyoji still knows how to wear loud, loud outfits. Yikes dude, you forgot Makino but not your aluminum foil suit collection? Yeesh

7) We're on page 500! Salutation to you guys making this the most active drama (if not actor) thread in D-addicts. Hope to see you guys in the future in some of the other threads (*ahem* Proposal Dakuisen *ahem* Bambino *ahem*)

i would really agree with her. it was so damn good that you would want to watch it again and agian... i really hope someone would sub/hardsub bambino!!! wheeee...

azzurri

Post by azzurri » Mar 19th, '07, 04:42

Wow, I thought I'd said my piece, but pg 500! I just wanted to be part of such a historic page...!! Anyway, belleza, like everyone else, I loved your comment.Your comment on Dom's 'aluminium foil' suit had me in stitches! Dom's fashion sense has to be that way - it kinda goes with his 'OreSama' mentality I guess to be somewhat flashy but in a 'rich kid' kind of way.

I don't know if anyone commented, but what is everyone's opinion on that end scene with Soujiro and Yuuki? There were two different versions of the subs from lily and gknee so I've been wondering about it. In that scene where Yuuki asks Soujiro if she could go on a ride on his bike, lily translated Soujiro's answer as'I didn't bring an extra helmet so maybe next time' whilst gknee translated it as'I've never had a girl on my bike before, so maybe next time' or something like that. Anyway to me, the first translation seemed like Soujiro actually showing a positive response to a future development with Yuuki, but the second one is more vague. What do you guys think? I've always hoped for closure for Soujiro and Yuuki, and I really hope Kamio Sensei will actually have a one shot on them in the near future!

kiki

Post by kiki » Mar 19th, '07, 04:46

wow i was watching the cabin scene again, did anyone notic makino was wearing dom sweater, the black one. and great summarize. really summarize up hyd 1&2

tanuki-san

Post by tanuki-san » Mar 19th, '07, 06:18

belleza wrote: 6) Doumyoji still knows how to wear loud, loud outfits. Yikes dude, you forgot Makino but not your aluminum foil suit collection? Yeesh
Hahaha! Hey, you may not know this but that aluminum foil suit is not only dashing but practical as well. After the blizzard incident, Domyouji only wears attire rated 10/10 in emergency preparedness. That waterproof-windproof suit uses the same technology as those space blankets you see in emergency kits and is only available at the most fashionable survivalist retail outlets.

Loved your summary. I always saw it as a modern-day Pride and Prejudice and I agree with everything you said. I'm so glad I discovered j-doramas and these forums to muck about in. :-)

trunkims
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by trunkims » Mar 19th, '07, 06:23

I'm so sad now that it's ended...I spent my friday nights just getting subs done...now what?? I was so attached to this season and so dedicated to it's sub release...while i should feel a sigh of relief, i feel empty now....it was fun to help sub....it's so sad, it's hard for me to say good-bye....
When Doumyouji said 'Makino' in the cabin after realizing it was her that he couldn't remember i felt like inserting the 'YAY!!!!' and :clap: crowd in there lol
I will definetly miss it, but will always be watching an episode or two for a while... :hissy:

LightningEmperor

Post by LightningEmperor » Mar 19th, '07, 06:33

500 baby! What a great series this really was.

TG3

Post by TG3 » Mar 19th, '07, 06:41

Yes, that was an excellent summary. Though I was a bit miffed by the first couple of episodes which had a "harsh reality crashes fairytale" undertone to them, the scriptwriters brilliantly rekindled the magic of HYD at the end.

I really loved the cabin scene as a re-telling of the elevator scene. To me, it was the emotional climax of the series. Pretty much after the cabin, you know that they'll never be a part again. It's settled that they'll be together. The rest of the episode simply makes it official. However, it's HYD, so it has to be done in blowout fashion. The proposal scene (of which we get VERY FEW) in Jdramas, has to be the best all-time. It's also great because they never break character doing it. Tsukasa's words and posing are as arrogant as ever, and Tsukushi's responses are, in-kind, ribbing and biting.

I agree with you about how the proposal scene was a "thank you" to the fans by not only including the thousands of fans (I heard they even had to turn away quite a few thousand) in the scene itself but writing the ending everyone wanted to see. Throughout the years of anime, manga, movies, specials, etc. the fans never got what they wanted to see, an outright proposal, until now. The prayers of the millions of HYD fans worldwide were answered, as our dream finally came true.

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Mar 19th, '07, 06:49

TG3 wrote:Yes, that was an excellent summary. Though I was a bit miffed by the first couple of episodes which had a "harsh reality crashes fairytale" undertone to them, the scriptwriters brilliantly rekindled the magic of HYD at the end.

I really loved the cabin scene as a re-telling of the elevator scene. To me, it was the emotional climax of the series. Pretty much after the cabin, you know that they'll never be a part again. It's settled that they'll be together. The rest of the episode simply makes it official. However, it's HYD, so it has to be done in blowout fashion. The proposal scene (of which we get VERY FEW) in Jdramas, has to be the best all-time. It's also great because they never break character doing it. Tsukasa's words and posing are as arrogant as ever, and Tsukushi's responses are, in-kind, ribbing and biting.

I agree with you about how the proposal scene was a "thank you" to the fans by not only including the thousands of fans (I heard they even had to turn away quite a few thousand) in the scene itself but writing the ending everyone wanted to see. Throughout the years of anime, manga, movies, specials, etc. the fans never got what they wanted to see, an outright proposal, until now. The prayers of the millions of HYD fans worldwide were answered, as our dream finally came true.
I so wish the manga had ended similar to HYD2 :glare: After reading 36 volumes of HYD manga and getting to the ending was like "No Way" they dare to end it like this sort open ending style made me mad :cussing: But later on a one shot was released of HYD by the mangaka and showed that Domyoji will always end up with Makino no matter who are what gets in there way. The Jdrama HYD ending was perfect for me :D

TG3

Post by TG3 » Mar 19th, '07, 07:01

Yeah, the manga special was kind of close, but not nearly as good as this ending, and the regular series end was kinda like the end of season 1, which made me guess they were gonna do this ending different than the manga, but never did I imagine it would have been this good.

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Mar 19th, '07, 07:49

:alcoholic: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: page 500!yaaaaaaaaaaay we made it!
@belleza i absolutely love ur summary :blink u really look deepinto things....u look beyond the appearences!luv it! :blink :wub: i have to rewatch both seasons!cos i just can`t get enough of it :lol
and yep i guess i`ll see a part of you guys in the "Bambino"thread soon! :P

howzitboy

Post by howzitboy » Mar 19th, '07, 08:13

what an awesome ending. i loved every part of it, specially the prom *sigh*

finally a show that ends the way they should end!!

big problem, what to watch now that i have a huge hole where HYD2 went??