[Discussion] Bambino

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Issy

[Discussion] Bambino

Post by Issy » Mar 16th, '07, 18:11

i waited and waited for someone to start this thread, but finally i decided to start it myself.
all jun matsumoto fans know that this is his new drama and it is based on manga with the same name. have not read the manga myself and have no idea what is the story but i know that much that it's about a boy who decides to be an chef. as junjun (like to call him this :wub: ) is acting the main role, i will definitely watch it. it will start some time in April.
now, i have started this thread, i hope that people start posting in here.
urishiku onegai shimasu
:lol

junmao03

Post by junmao03 » Mar 16th, '07, 20:16

can't wait for this one..

princess_jime

Post by princess_jime » Mar 16th, '07, 20:23

Let's hope B.O.N. Funsubs finds more translators! italian cooking+matsujun=rabu <3

Christabel

Post by Christabel » Mar 16th, '07, 21:52

I really wanna watch this drama =P
now that HYD has ended we will have Bambino to keep watching MatsuJun =)

Christabel

Post by Christabel » Mar 16th, '07, 22:00

oh! o forgot to mention that Bambino starts in April 18 =D
so lest wait a little bit more to see Jun =)

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 16th, '07, 22:00

Yayyy I can't wait! :lol Perfect timing too, since HYD has ended. :cheers:

hyd4ever

Post by hyd4ever » Mar 16th, '07, 23:13

You can see the Promo preview on Youtube!
the main character in manga has short red hair. But Matsujun still keeps his "Tsukasa's hair".
Hope he learns to cook some Italian dishes through this drama :D

faithsia

Re: Bambino

Post by faithsia » Mar 16th, '07, 23:45

lol... i can't wait either!!! matsujun is so hot!!! ^.^v

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 16th, '07, 23:53

hyd4ever wrote:You can see the Promo preview on Youtube!
the main character in manga has short red hair. But Matsujun still keeps his "Tsukasa's hair".
He's said in an interview (I think?) that he's been practicing Italian language+skills for this drama. :lol

princess_jime

Post by princess_jime » Mar 17th, '07, 00:02

foofeh wrote: He's said in an interview (I think?) that he's been practicing Italian language+skills for this drama. :lol
let's see if he can pull it off...XD XD his english in HYD was really crappy...LOL! But I guess, since italian (and all latin-based languages), sound-wise, is closer to japanese than english, maybe he'll be able to do it better... :lol

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 17th, '07, 00:09

Lol I know what you mean. XD When he was talking to those guys while in America I was like....ehh...actually the accent is pretty good it's just...slow. :lol

And blah, it's not like I know italian so if he says something wrong I wouldn't know it's wrong anyways! :lol It's all good.

endoftime

Post by endoftime » Mar 17th, '07, 00:40

foofeh wrote:Lol I know what you mean. XD When he was talking to those guys while in America I was like....ehh...actually the accent is pretty good it's just...slow. :lol

And blah, it's not like I know italian so if he says something wrong I wouldn't know it's wrong anyways! :lol It's all good.
I think that we have to take English into perspective. I personally believe that the reason many of the actors speak slow English may not always be that they can't speak it at a faster speed.

If they speak fast, the people at home who are watching can't understand what is being said. I know that as an English teacher here, I have to talk pretty slowly. It isn't quite as slow as depicted on TV usually, but I'm sure that TV producers are keeping their audience in mind. They aren't throwing the line in so that English-speakers will understand something. They want everyone,from the elementary students studying English for the first time to the eldery who may have forgotten, to have a chance to understand what is being said.

That is my observation and personal opinion regarding why the speakers are so *slow* after careful observation. ^^

(The English is usually the best in Taiwanese dramas. I think that this comes from the fact that parts of China practice English and don't forget it the way that Japanese people do. I remember going to Hong Kong and being SO surprised that everyone knew English. I had heard that they would, but I figured that it would be like here, where no one uses it or forgets about it. It was pretty prominent, though. I haven't been to Taiwan, but I assume that they may be the same way since the skills are so much better. ^^)

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 17th, '07, 00:57

o_o
Eh...well I didn't say it was bad? I just meant that he spoke it slowly, which he did. -shrug-

Hong Kong has the same situation as India. They know English because they used to be under British (english) rule so influence was greater I guess?. My relatives are in China and they learn English/ Japanese as second languages. I'm pretty sure Japan is that way too. And I doubt it's a memory problem...just because certain actors can't speak it doesn't mean the whole country can't? More likely it was just lucky (or planned) that the people chosen were better than English than others.

YamapisWifey

Post by YamapisWifey » Mar 17th, '07, 03:11

yay thanks for starting this thread. I love cooking shows totallly!!! Ooh and this is a manga too. I can't seem to see Jun as any other person but Domyouji haha. Well this should be a really fun drama :D

endoftime - ah yeah good point. They must make it understandable to their audience. Me too, I know several exchange students at my school from Hong Kong and Taiwan and I am so amazed by their accentless English. HK friend says they conduct a lot of classes in English. I always thought Japan would have stricter curriculum involving English classes since Japan's economy ranks as the top in the world and n.american influenced.

biteme_lestat

Post by biteme_lestat » Mar 17th, '07, 04:35

I'm already very excited for this drama :D Hmm...could it possibly be a comedy? Like Cooking Master Boy or Yakitate Japan? :p It would be interesting to see MatsuJun in such a series if ever ^o^

Tatsuri

Post by Tatsuri » Mar 17th, '07, 04:38

Chef Jun.

lmao

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 17th, '07, 15:35

princess_jime

Post by princess_jime » Mar 17th, '07, 18:48

I never get tired of looking at those scans, :lol
I wonder if, in the dorama's storyline, they'll use store-bought pasta, or they'll make their own from scratch... cause I gotta tell ya, home made pasta is a whole other league, it's the best, industrialized pasta is o.k. but it just doesn't compare at all XD
Anyone that truly wants to become a serious chef has to know that... but, alas! I haven't read the manga...soooooooooo......

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 17th, '07, 19:03

I think they'll look like they're making everything by hand but really using pre-made stuff since it's like props...I guess?

FantasyAngel

Post by FantasyAngel » Mar 17th, '07, 21:22

31 days til this drama airs! I'm soo excited! MatsuJun's dramas are always soo good!

Tatsuri

Post by Tatsuri » Mar 17th, '07, 21:32

FantasyAngel wrote:31 days til this drama airs! I'm soo excited! MatsuJun's dramas are always soo good!
Do you know if someone is going to sub this when it airs?

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 17th, '07, 21:34

Er....
B.O.N I think?
There's a thread about that. They're looking for translators.

FantasyAngel

Post by FantasyAngel » Mar 17th, '07, 21:42

Tatsuri wrote:
FantasyAngel wrote:31 days til this drama airs! I'm soo excited! MatsuJun's dramas are always soo good!
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=679478

Yep B.O.N is confirmed!

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 17th, '07, 21:51

Yay! :lol I can't wait.

rieno823

Post by rieno823 » Mar 18th, '07, 10:40

hyd4ever wrote:You can see the Promo preview on Youtube!
hes gonna keep his hair?!?!? YESS! i love his hair like that!
weeeee! im so excited for this one ! :) :) :)

fishy

Post by fishy » Mar 18th, '07, 11:23

i think they gonna make his hair short like in manga, i really want to see it. but full red hair seem like impossible, some red highlight will do ne :wub: *excited*

qian17

Post by qian17 » Mar 18th, '07, 11:46

i love both jun & pasta~! YUMMY! looking forward to Bambino! =D

FantasyAngel

Post by FantasyAngel » Mar 18th, '07, 13:54

fishy wrote:i think they gonna make his hair short like in manga, i really want to see it. but full red hair seem like impossible, some red highlight will do ne :wub: *excited*

No red hair or highlights how sad! I would have loved to see some highlights!

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 18th, '07, 15:15

I would have liked highlights too...but I don't mind the way it is. :lol It will kinda remind me of Domyouji. :D

lanett

Post by lanett » Mar 18th, '07, 15:22

I didn't even know he was going in to be in another drama until this morning. AHHH I am so excited. :cheers: :alcoholic: :cheers: :alcoholic:

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 18th, '07, 15:28

well, well, nice to see that this thread is starting to get steady and running. i can not wait for this drama. i am suffering from HYD2 / JUN withdrawal symptoms and nothing like a dose of fresh new drama by jun can make it better. anyone knows its exact airing time?

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 18th, '07, 15:33

Nope. :-( I just know it's in April...can anyone find out?

lanett

Post by lanett » Mar 18th, '07, 15:34

I think it might be running April 18th

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 18th, '07, 15:38

That's a Wednesday...hmm....

scarlett0512
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by scarlett0512 » Mar 18th, '07, 15:44

Tatsuri wrote:
B.O.N. F u n S u b s will be subbing this series. :cheers:

lanett

Post by lanett » Mar 18th, '07, 16:02

scarlett0512 wrote:
Tatsuri wrote:
B.O.N. F u n S u b s will be subbing this series. :cheers:[/quote

YAY!!!!!!! :cheers: :salut: :alcoholic:

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 18th, '07, 16:05

Yay I'll be looking forward to it. :D

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 18th, '07, 16:09

scarlett0512 wrote:
Tatsuri wrote:
B.O.N. F u n S u b s will be subbing this series. :cheers:

Arashi vox also said that she will be subbing it too. (hard subbs) like HYD2. she is doing yamapi's new drama too. jun and yamapi are very lucky to have dedicated people subbing their new drama as soon as it get aired in japan. we are even luckier to be able to see them. so wednesdays will be our new fridays from now on? before that i really need to buy a new HD and extra memory. my laptops is going to explode anytime soon. :lol

chunu

Post by chunu » Mar 18th, '07, 16:10

Hello Everyone ! Just wanted to share U the " HOT NEWS " ...
B.O.N F u n S u b s Team has got about 4 translators ready
to help translate this awesome drama " BAMBINO " ... thanks
to scarlett0512 and melica ( BON Staff ) for helping us finding
these wonderful translatorsssssssssssssssssss
:wub: :wub: :wub: :cheers:

Come and give us YOUR love and support EVERYONE !!! :D

rieno823

Post by rieno823 » Mar 18th, '07, 16:13

Issy wrote:well, well, nice to see that this thread is starting to get steady and running. i can not wait for this drama. i am suffering from HYD2 / JUN withdrawal symptoms and nothing like a dose of fresh new drama by jun can make it better. anyone knows its exact airing time?
i feel that way too :( but april seems so far away.

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 18th, '07, 16:15

@Issy: Me too! There are so many dramas coming out and I swore to myself I'd watch all of them. :lol My laptop will explode....@_@

Thank you to everyone for their hard work. :wub: We really appreciate it! :cheers:

princess_jime

Post by princess_jime » Mar 18th, '07, 18:32

chunu wrote:Hello Everyone ! Just wanted to share U the " HOT NEWS " ...
B.O.N F u n S u b s Team has got about 4 translators ready
to help translate this awesome drama " BAMBINO " ... thanks
to scarlett0512 and melica ( BON Staff ) for helping us finding
these wonderful translatorsssssssssssssssssss
:wub: :wub: :wub: :cheers:
Come and give us YOUR love and support EVERYONE !!! :D
Alright! I was wondering if you guys had found enough translators! yay!

Zan

Post by Zan » Mar 18th, '07, 18:58

@ chunu: wow, thank you so much!
if you need help with italian words don't hesitate to ask me, since I'm italian I can understand italian... well, it depends on how Matsujun will pronounce italian words, but I'm quiet sure to be able to understand XD
I look forward to hear Matsujun speaking some italian words! XD

ah, if anybody doesn't know the meaning yet, "bambino" means "child" =)

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 18th, '07, 19:45

Thanks for the info! :D I wonder what the plot will be like...has anyone read the manga?

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Mar 18th, '07, 19:52

@Zan, thanks a lot for offering your help :D If you want, you can join us as an editor and help us if any italian is being used :roll

@D-Addicts netizens, any help would be much appreciated. If you're willing to help with this project, even on a temporary basis. Please let us know! We'll be honored to have you onboard.

FantasyAngel

Post by FantasyAngel » Mar 19th, '07, 00:30

foofeh wrote:Thanks for the info! :D I wonder what the plot will be like...has anyone read the manga?
I know that at the official page to the show they have scanlations of teh first chapter but ya know...that's all in Japanese! XD

I don't know how I missed this but according to Drama Wiki, MatsuJun's character's name is Ban Shogo but his nick name is 'Bambi.' So a whole bunch of people are going to be calling Jun, "Bambi?"

This is going to be interesting!

Geezer

Post by Geezer » Mar 19th, '07, 00:38

Boy, it's wonderful to see so many people so excited about Uchida Yuki's new series.

Can not wait.

Quick question for the folk at B.O.N. subs.

Will the subs be available here at d-addicts? Or will they only be posted at your club box?

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 19th, '07, 00:50

FantasyAngel wrote:
foofeh wrote:Thanks for the info! :D I wonder what the plot will be like...has anyone read the manga?
I know that at the official page to the show they have scanlations of teh first chapter but ya know...that's all in Japanese! XD

I don't know how I missed this but according to Drama Wiki, MatsuJun's character's name is Ban Shogo but his nick name is 'Bambi.' So a whole bunch of people are going to be calling Jun, "Bambi?"

This is going to be interesting!
Bambiiii That will seem really weird. :lol Looking forward to it.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Mar 19th, '07, 02:52

Geezer wrote: Quick question for the folk at B.O.N. subs.

Will the subs be available here at d-addicts? Or will they only be posted at your club box?
As you might have noticed, our group releases both softsubs & hardsubs. So both will be available at d-addicts & our clubbox.

We would be very grateful if our supporters helps us with our clubbox :D

:cheers:

tanuki-san

Post by tanuki-san » Mar 19th, '07, 05:58

hehe, you guys are cracking me up. I just bought a new external hard drive yesterday just to store all my dang doramas! This newfound hobby is going to kill me (probably sooner than later). :crazy:

I kinda like the Bambi nick but I would have liked to have seen red highlights.

With Bambino meaning 'child' in Italian I'm going to take a wild stab at it being a coming-of-age drama. You know, young punk must prove himself to the big dogs sort of deal. Could be really intense!

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Mar 19th, '07, 06:30

I can not wait for this new series! (But I have to!!! *pulls hair!*)

I love how diverse Jun can be in his different roles! I wonder how the character will act. Sweet and nice? Obnoxious and rude? Innocent or like a playa?

And I don't think that Jun's English is that bad personally. I can understand him! One of my friends speaks Italian so when the show comes on I will ask her how he is doing with the accent! :mrgreen:

Deleted User 100869

Post by Deleted User 100869 » Mar 19th, '07, 16:10

yay I found the bambino thread! :cheers: Yes it looks so so good, im looking forward ti getting my Jun fix!

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Mar 19th, '07, 16:12

I fount it , waiting for Bambino Joy.

kiki

Post by kiki » Mar 19th, '07, 18:08

MitsukaiKuroi wrote:I can not wait for this new series! (But I have to!!! *pulls hair!*)

I love how diverse Jun can be in his different roles! I wonder how the character will act. Sweet and nice? Obnoxious and rude? Innocent or like a playa?

And I don't think that Jun's English is that bad personally. I can understand him! One of my friends speaks Italian so when the show comes on I will ask her how he is doing with the accent! :mrgreen:
from what i read, his character is very hardworking, kind of baka and very frank.

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 19th, '07, 18:55

:lol Sound good haha. I'm sure he'll pull it off wonderfully as he always does.

tanuki-san

Post by tanuki-san » Mar 19th, '07, 21:29

I hope he's not toooo baka. I don't another sweat honey.

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Mar 19th, '07, 21:35

Honestly , he can't be Domyouji Baka. :D
HUMMINGYAY!

najimta

Post by najimta » Mar 19th, '07, 21:35

haha jun playing someone baka again? this ought to be good. yay can`t wait for this show either

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 19th, '07, 21:46

I thought his messups were cute though. It was a really important part of his character. :lol I don't think "Bambi" will be as 'dumb' as that but I kinda have the feeling he'll be funny...maybe...? XD

tanuki-san

Post by tanuki-san » Mar 19th, '07, 22:44

bah, I really screwed up my post and made myself look stupid. Watching too much HYD and a little Domyouji must've rubbed off on me. Baka-Dom was good (and original) but I'm just so over that and besides, I don't want him to be typecast. He's so good at comedy though, so I'm hoping for at least a little of that.

Speaking of baka, I always get mesmerized by foofeh's footer. Taken out of context, it's terribly cute.

belleza

Post by belleza » Mar 20th, '07, 02:47

To be honest, I haven't really seen a cooking drama I really liked yet. I tried watching Kyoko Hasegawa's program, but it was just kinda bleh. But I'll definitely eat Chef Baka's cooking. Just keep the curly hair away, mmm kay? ;)

I haven't seen Karina before, but she seems to have a mature look. It'll be interesting to see something other than JunMao. ;)

Oh and it's got Sato Ryuta. Ah, I love his dorkiness! :D

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Mar 20th, '07, 07:02

The trailer made me burst out laughing when I saw it!

I love him when he is all baka!!! He plays that WAY too well!!! :lol

fishy

Post by fishy » Mar 20th, '07, 07:27

belleza wrote: Oh and it's got Sato Ryuta. Ah, I love his dorkiness! :D
yeah, cant wait to see sato, luv his acting too. jun + sato = perfect dorkiness :wub:

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 20th, '07, 18:51

tanuki-san wrote:bah, I really screwed up my post and made myself look stupid. Watching too much HYD and a little Domyouji must've rubbed off on me. Baka-Dom was good (and original) but I'm just so over that and besides, I don't want him to be typecast. He's so good at comedy though, so I'm hoping for at least a little of that.

Speaking of baka, I always get mesmerized by foofeh's footer. Taken out of context, it's terribly cute.
Ahah thanks. XD When he had did it ("you know?") I had started laughing so hard because it was cute so I had to save it. :lol I love it when he acts silly. =']

fishy

Post by fishy » Mar 23rd, '07, 14:36

Yatta, Bambino theme song is We Can Make It by Arashi. :cheers: new single coming out !! will be release May 2. Our boys did it ne :wub:
minna, go go preorder now :cheers:

credit to: Arashiland :wub: Arashi.Vox

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Mar 23rd, '07, 15:28

fishy wrote:Yatta, Bambino theme song is We Can Make It by Arashi. :cheers: new single coming out !! will be release May 2. Our boys did it ne :wub:

Yay. *wait's to order*
I love J(un)-Drama's. XDDD

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Mar 23rd, '07, 15:58

MitsukaiKuroi wrote:The trailer made me burst out laughing when I saw it!

Where did you see the trailer ? =O

junmao03

Post by junmao03 » Mar 23rd, '07, 18:01

fishy wrote:Yatta, Bambino theme song is We Can Make It by Arashi. :cheers: new single coming out !! will be release May 2. Our boys did it ne :wub:

thank you for sharing this wonderful news!! :w00t:

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 23rd, '07, 18:59

Ahhh yay! :wub: Something else to look forward to.

ladyusagi

Post by ladyusagi » Mar 23rd, '07, 23:35

i just realized that it's gonna be a new character for jun and i haven't seen one in a while. it's hard to imagine that once his role in domyouji and chemistry with mao was a new thing. oh i'm so excited for this new series!

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Mar 23rd, '07, 23:59

dxtr wrote:

You can watch it here! It is only 14 secs but it is still funny! :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q1A678_zPs

kiki

Post by kiki » Mar 24th, '07, 00:16

there a new cm of bambino that out already. don't know where it is thought. fan said jun cut his hair, but didn't color it red. can't wait to watch it.

charurei

Post by charurei » Mar 25th, '07, 23:38

The newest CM with Jun's hair could be found at
http://kiiroi-namida.vox.com/library/po ... nbino.html.

I looooove it!

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Mar 25th, '07, 23:49

MitsukaiKuroi wrote:
dxtr wrote:

You can watch it here! It is only 14 secs but it is still funny! :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q1A678_zPs
Oh, ty :D. haha looks like bambino is going to be hilarious :D

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 26th, '07, 00:15

His hair makes him look much younger. :mrgreen: Cute and naive, hehe. Very excited to see how he acts. :lol